Microsoft cuts funding on Xbox division. Insider source.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#251 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

I believe it. Where all the Xbox1 commercials we use to see?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Are you saying Sony never ever lied? We've been on this forum and I can only speak for myself, on this planet long enough to know that human beings LIE.

LMAO spin spin spin fanboy. Sony announced a game, and it didn't get released until 9 years later. Nobody cares why. It didn't come out until NINE YEARS AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT.

Sony has cancelled games. Games get cancelled, its a business. Author's begin novels and never finish them, movies get written as screenplays and never get made or released. WHY ARE YOU STILL STUCK ON SCALEBOUND? Am I supposed to not like my Xbox because you cant get over the fact that it got cancelled?

Am I supposed to not hope Crackdown 3 is fun to play next year because it will be in development for 4 years? I don't understand what you think you are proving.

I don't care if Sony owned it or not. It was an exclusive that disappeared. Why didn't Sony tell any of us what happened to it? They were happy to announce it, why not at least tell people what happened to it? I know why. Because that's fucking life. People let you down sometimes. It happens get over it.

NO it is you who is saying that.

Sony announced a game for PS3 that never came out,the project was move to PS4 on 2012,and was completely rewrite in other words start from zero.

Unlike Crackdown 3 which was started on xbox one and next year will be 4 years on development.

Yes they have but no in arrow like MS did and they didn't stop announcing new games,like MS did as well this E3 when they basically named nothing for the coming years.

Scalebound wasn't the only game cancel,fable,phantom dust,Project Knxville and another game i can't remember the name now as well.

Then that coincide with MS releasing xbox one exclusives on PC to increase profits something the brand avoided for 2 generations,as MS always wanted to separate the windows image from the xbox.

And the few and sparse announcement of new games using as excuse not wanting to show games in advance which is a joke.

It wasn't a sony game go cry to take2 for it not sony,the game as a 3rd party exclusive much like deep down was,3rd parties do with their IP what they want irrelevant of what sony want,the game i listed are MS owned IP nice try dude.

Yes and the game was cancel by the 3rd party owned now go fight rockstart.

So yeah Phil Spencer is a liar he gets pay to damage control bad information on the xbox brand and all that is happening on the xbox brand on this moment do show MS cut the budget,hell i say xbox one games landing on PC is a result of MS stepping in and mandating it rather than an idea of Phil or anyone there.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Are you saying Sony never ever lied? We've been on this forum and I can only speak for myself, on this planet long enough to know that human beings LIE.

LMAO spin spin spin fanboy. Sony announced a game, and it didn't get released until 9 years later. Nobody cares why. It didn't come out until NINE YEARS AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT.

Sony has cancelled games. Games get cancelled, its a business. Author's begin novels and never finish them, movies get written as screenplays and never get made or released. WHY ARE YOU STILL STUCK ON SCALEBOUND? Am I supposed to not like my Xbox because you cant get over the fact that it got cancelled?

Am I supposed to not hope Crackdown 3 is fun to play next year because it will be in development for 4 years? I don't understand what you think you are proving.

I don't care if Sony owned it or not. It was an exclusive that disappeared. Why didn't Sony tell any of us what happened to it? They were happy to announce it, why not at least tell people what happened to it? I know why. Because that's fucking life. People let you down sometimes. It happens get over it.

Sony announced a game for PS3 that never came out,the project was move to PS4 on 2012,and was completely rewrite in other words start from zero.

Unlike Crackdown 3 which was started on xbox one and next year will be 4 years on development.

Yes they have but no in arrow like MS did and they didn't stop announcing new games,like MS did as well this E3 when they basically named nothing for the coming years.

Scalebound wasn't the only game cancel,fable,phantom dust,Project Knxville and another game i can't remember the name now as well.

Then that coincide with MS releasing xbox one exclusives on PC to increase profits something the brand avoided for 2 generations,as MS always wanted to separate the windows image from the xbox.

And the few and sparse announcement of new games using as excuse not wanting to show games in advance which is a joke.

It wasn't a sony game go cry to take2 for it not sony,the game as a 3rd party exclusive much like deep down was,3rd parties do with their IP what they want irrelevant of what sony want,the game i listed are MS owned IP nice try dude.

So yeah Phil Spencer is a liar he gets pay to damage control bad information on the xbox brand and all that is happening on the xbox brand on this moment do show MS cut the budget,hell i say xbox one games landing on PC is a result of MS stepping in and mandating it rather than an idea of Phil or anyone there.

The early Phantom Dust remaster's $5 million dollars was paid to out-source contractors. Our company shifted out-source contracts from the India to the Philippines. it's standard out-source 101. If have you have problems with MS, start a legal action against MS.

If you want a stable job environment, don't vote for political parties that supports out-sourcing.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

The early Phantom Dust remaster's $5 million dollars was paid to out-source contractors. Our company shifted out-source contracts from the India to the Philippines. it's standard out-source 101. If have you have problems with MS, start a legal action against MS.

If you want a stable job environment, don't vote for political parties that supports out-sourcing.

Your company? So you work for MS that would explain your constant denial of anything bad and pathetic damage control..lol

Darkside was pay several millions for a Phantom Dust remake it would be a online ONLY game,then without notice MS wanted a single player portion added to the game but REFUSE to increase the budget,if we agree that you will clean my card for $20 i can't out of nowhere bring you my wise car and mi sons car and expect you to clean them for the same price is a joke.

MS is a shady partner and sended Darkside to bankruptcy.

If you work for MS that would really explain your constant damage control of anything bad on xbox.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Good. Better to have the team focused on listening to what they can do for gamers now. More funding into projects close to realisation, like PUBG, please, and less into boring long-bake, safe-bet blockbusters.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#256 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Ok, Sony is great and always tells the truth and are going to be made saints when they die.

Spencer and his crew are going to hell, MSFT is bad and evil.

Happy now, you big baby?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Your company? So you work for MS that would explain your constant denial of anything bad and pathetic damage control..lol

Darkside was pay several millions for a Phantom Dust remake it would be a online ONLY game,then without notice MS wanted a single player portion added to the game but REFUSE to increase the budget,if we agree that you will clean my card for $20 i can't out of nowhere bring you my wise car and mi sons car and expect you to clean them for the same price is a joke.

MS is a shady partner and sended Darkside to bankruptcy.

If you work for MS that would really explain your constant damage control of anything bad on xbox.

"Our company" doesn't refer to MS. My point was switching out-source teams are standard practice i.e. it's a race to the bottom. You can thank out-source mentally US establishment i.e. the same camp who are against Trump's "America first". In terms of "race to the bottom" business interest, "corporate Democrats" matches our company's interest.

Darkside was paid for their incomplete job and they need another $2 to $3 million to finish the job, hence $7 to $8 million total cost.

http://www.xperiawaterproofsettlement.com/

http://hitechfacts.com/2017/08/sony-faces-lawsuit-for-exploiting-global-water-resistance/ Sony faces lawsuit for exploiting global water resistance ratings

Sony is not an angel.

If you have your hate against MS, start a legal action against MS. Just do it.

Try again tormented.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

Ok, Sony is great and always tells the truth and are going to be made saints when they die.

Happy now, you big baby?

Yes sony is great,no sony not always speak the truth and i even use an example of it,Sony damage control of cross platform play is just that,lies and damage control the real reason is simple they have the upper hand and don't want to,in reality sony has been about as open as it can be when it comes not only to PSN been less strict that xbox live,but also cross platform play so yeah sony was lying.

Spencer get pay to do what he is doing and if you can't understand that is your problem,i already told you i would have done the same thing he did if i was on his shoes sony would have as well and probably any other companies,and yes we are all aware that MS will not say we reduce the budget deal with it,and any one expecting that was day dreaming.

@ronvalencia said:

"Our company" doesn't refer to MS. My point was switching out-source teams are standard practice.

Darkside was paid for their incomplete job and they need another $2 to $3 million to finish the job, hence $7 to $8 million total cost.

http://hitechfacts.com/2017/08/sony-faces-lawsuit-for-exploiting-global-water-resistance/ Sony faces lawsuit for exploiting global water resistance ratings

Sony is not an angel.

Try again tormented.

You refer to things as your always,if you refer to something as YOUR's that implies that either you own it(we know you don't in MS case) or work for it.

Darkside was abused and driven into bankruptcy by MS.

How A Small Studio's Chance At The Big Time Died At Microsoft's Doorstep

So just what happened? How does a successful independent studio go from working on top AAA games to laying off its staff in just under a year? Over the past few months, I’ve talked to five people who worked for the company—all of whom spoke under condition of anonymity in the interest of protecting their careers—in an attempt to learn the story of how Darkside collapsed. It’s sad, frustrating, and more than a little tragic.

After some heavy-duty conversations in the spring of 2014, the two companies walked away with a deal: Darkside would get a $5 million budget to build a multiplayer-only reboot of Phantom Dust, complete with a spectator mode, tournaments, and a complicated replay system allowing players to share files, according to one person familiar with the original pitch. The initial plan was to make it a competitive online sport, along the lines of Hearthstone and League of Legends. They gave it the codename Babel.

No more than a week after they’d signed the contract, according to several ex-Darkside employees, Microsoft’s team came back to the studio with a new request: they wanted a single-player campaign. “They decided that fans were gonna want a single-player game,” said a person who worked on the project. “But they weren’t going to change the budget or the timeframe.”

Suddenly, what was once a $5 million multiplayer reboot of Phantom Dusthad become a $5 million multiplayer reboot of Phantom Dust with a six-hour single-player story mode attached. That meant Darkside would need more designers, more artists, and more programmers, all of which equated to extra time and money that they didn’t have. Still, employees say they were committed to pulling it off. This was their first solo project. They wanted to prove they were good enough to do it. According to one Darkside source, their tentative plan was to build a fun vertical slice—a playable and demonstrable chunk of the game—and use it to persuade Microsoft into giving them more money.

Darkside was in the very early stages of development when E3 came around in June of last year, and some at the studio say they were shocked to see Microsoft announce Phantom Dust there. They were even more shocked to see the game announced through a pre-rendered trailer that nobody at Darkside had worked on, according to studio sources. Perhaps most frustratingly for people at the studio, Microsoft wouldn’t tell anyone that Darkside was developing the game. Darkside was put on a gag order; though the game had been announced, they still couldn’t tell people they were making it. “It was very sad,” said one person on the project. “It showed a lack of confidence in us.”

http://kotaku.com/how-a-small-game-studio-almost-made-it-big-1696997142

What MS did to Darkside was a joke MS was the one to blame period,they fu**ing even show a pre-rendered trailer of Phantom Dust that wasn't even done by the team in question,they wanted to increase the size of the game without increasing budget MS is the only one to blame.

WTF does an experia lawsuit has to do with the argument in question? We are talking about games the division in charge of making phone for sony is not even the same as the PS.

Do you realise that MS is one of the most sue companies on this freaking word?

Wow your buffoonery knows no limits,oh look the moron who downplay anything sony accusing me of hating MS..lol

High Pot..

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Happy now, you big baby?

Yes sony is great,no sony not always speak the truth and i even use an example of it,Sony damage control of cross platform play is just that,lies and damage control the real reason is simple they have the upper hand and don't want to,in reality sony has been about as open as it can be when it comes not only to PSN been less strict that xbox live,but also cross platform play so yeah sony was lying.

Spencer get pay to do what he is doing and if you can't understand that is your problem,i already told you i would have done the same thing he did if i was on his shoes sony would have as well and probably any other companies,and yes we are all aware that MS will not say we reduce the budget deal with it,and any one expecting that was day dreaming.

@ronvalencia said:

"Our company" doesn't refer to MS. My point was switching out-source teams are standard practice.

Sony is not an angel.

Try again tormented.

You refer to things as your always,if you refer to something as YOUR's that implies that either you own it(we know you don't in MS case) or work for it.

Darkside was abused and driven into bankruptcy by MS.

How A Small Studio's Chance At The Big Time Died At Microsoft's Doorstep

So just what happened? How does a successful independent studio go from working on top AAA games to laying off its staff in just under a year? Over the past few months, I’ve talked to five people who worked for the company—all of whom spoke under condition of anonymity in the interest of protecting their careers—in an attempt to learn the story of how Darkside collapsed. It’s sad, frustrating, and more than a little tragic.

After some heavy-duty conversations in the spring of 2014, the two companies walked away with a deal: Darkside would get a $5 million budget to build a multiplayer-only reboot of Phantom Dust, complete with a spectator mode, tournaments, and a complicated replay system allowing players to share files, according to one person familiar with the original pitch. The initial plan was to make it a competitive online sport, along the lines of Hearthstone and League of Legends. They gave it the codename Babel.

No more than a week after they’d signed the contract, according to several ex-Darkside employees, Microsoft’s team came back to the studio with a new request: they wanted a single-player campaign. “They decided that fans were gonna want a single-player game,” said a person who worked on the project. “But they weren’t going to change the budget or the timeframe.”

Suddenly, what was once a $5 million multiplayer reboot of Phantom Dusthad become a $5 million multiplayer reboot of Phantom Dust with a six-hour single-player story mode attached. That meant Darkside would need more designers, more artists, and more programmers, all of which equated to extra time and money that they didn’t have. Still, employees say they were committed to pulling it off. This was their first solo project. They wanted to prove they were good enough to do it. According to one Darkside source, their tentative plan was to build a fun vertical slice—a playable and demonstrable chunk of the game—and use it to persuade Microsoft into giving them more money.

Darkside was in the very early stages of development when E3 came around in June of last year, and some at the studio say they were shocked to see Microsoft announce Phantom Dust there. They were even more shocked to see the game announced through a pre-rendered trailer that nobody at Darkside had worked on, according to studio sources. Perhaps most frustratingly for people at the studio, Microsoft wouldn’t tell anyone that Darkside was developing the game. Darkside was put on a gag order; though the game had been announced, they still couldn’t tell people they were making it. “It was very sad,” said one person on the project. “It showed a lack of confidence in us.”

http://kotaku.com/how-a-small-game-studio-almost-made-it-big-1696997142

https://www.polygon.com/2017/1/12/14251842/guerrilla-cambridge-closed

https://www.polygon.com/2016/3/22/11284166/evolution-studios-closed-driveclub-motorstorm

https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/14/12920504/sony-san-diego-studio-layoffs

Sony is not an angel.

Try again tormented.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#260 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

That is unsettling for the brand.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

https://www.polygon.com/2016/3/22/11284166/evolution-studios-closed-driveclub-motorstorm

Sony is not an angel.

Try again tormented.

Yes no one say sony doesn't close studios,in fact MS did as well and close more than sony,the problem is here that Darkside is not a freaking studio owned by MS MORON They drive the developer into the ground and was a 3rd party ass.

This is the problem with you as showed by the so call lawsuit you just posted you want to defend MS shitty doings with anything you can find.

You don't have a point,and you were feet dragging MS has been sued for allot of things to but those are irrelevant to what we are arguing,so a big try again for your loser.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@SecretPolice said:

Same insider souses as the New York Slimes, CNN (Communist News Network) and PMS-NBC, I'm guessing... lol

Fake news, all day every day these dayzzzzz. :P

I'm sure you want to just dismiss everything with that stupid phrase but really it's not gonna happen. Fake news is now a meme, a mockery of how dumb a phrase it is and always has been. We all knows it doesn't really mean the news is not true, it just means you want to dismiss it without any real thoughtful criticism or analysis.

Nope, those I've mentioned and most others have been pretty fake for decades but lately went full on fake news. CNN just recently when busted for poor sources and setting up the false narratives once again needed to fire four high level reporters for precisely Fake news. If you're getting your news from the alphabet news and OMG, Comedy Central's Daily Show or late night comedians or Hollywood, you are indeed getting fake news. :P

CNN isn't fake news so why push that narrative? It's dangerous to push trumps horrible agenda with regards to news. It's how we keep our check and balances. Not all news sources are going to be 100% all the time but CNN is far from fake. Fox news might fit your characterization with Sean Hannity but definitely not CNN. Keep that fake news bullshit off SWs.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

@kingtito said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@SecretPolice said:

Same insider souses as the New York Slimes, CNN (Communist News Network) and PMS-NBC, I'm guessing... lol

I'm sure you want to just dismiss everything with that stupid phrase but really it's not gonna happen. Fake news is now a meme, a mockery of how dumb a phrase it is and always has been. We all knows it doesn't really mean the news is not true, it just means you want to dismiss it without any real thoughtful criticism or analysis.

Nope, those I've mentioned and most others have been pretty fake for decades but lately went full on fake news. CNN just recently when busted for poor sources and setting up the false narratives once again needed to fire four high level reporters for precisely Fake news. If you're getting your news from the alphabet news and OMG, Comedy Central's Daily Show or late night comedians or Hollywood, you are indeed getting fake news. :P

CNN isn't fake news so why push that narrative? It's dangerous to push trumps horrible agenda with regards to news. It's how we keep our check and balances. Not all news sources are going to be 100% all the time but CNN is far from fake. Fox news might fit your characterization with Sean Hannity but definitely not CNN. Keep that fake news bullshit off SWs.

CNN is fake news, they are heavily biased and lie by omission 99% of the time and present opinions as facts. Fox is just as bad.

I am fed up with being told what to think by the media, that's not their job.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#265  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19553 Posts

With this thread getting all political... I wonder if there's a correlation between Xbox fans and Trump fans?

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Instead of investing money for game development they use for preordering xbox1x system on Amazon to build hype. Of course this is not wise use of funding and only logical to cut investment.

Bronxs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Bronxs15
Member since 2017 • 123 Posts

Lately I've been having some internal conflict or change of heart regarding MS. I've owned all xbox consoles so far. The original, 360 elite and traded my xbox one for the xbox one s, and up until recently been eagerly anticipating trading in my one s for a one x. I've also owned every competing PS consoles. The PS2, PS3, and PS4. I had the PS4 at launch and the xbox one a year later after the price drops and removal of kinect. The PS4 was a dust collector, playing only Resogun at launch and then InFamous Second Son the following spring. Surprisingly it was the Wii U getting the most play between Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D Word, Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2. Wii U fulfilled my gaming needs while PS4 collected dust, until the Xbox one arrived then the Wii U joined the PS4 as a dust collector. The xbox one was great i played Halo MCC, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum break, Ori and the Bind Forest, Gears Definitive, Gears 4. At this point I started thinking if I need to continue the trend of owning PS and Xbox consoles. I don't like that I have to have 2 gaming subscriptions XBL and PS+. So with the one x around the corner, I was thinking I can ditch PlayStation going forward. The xbox was better because it would be more powerful, play 4k blu rays, xbox live gave better free games and i actually keep the 360 free games, xbox has backward compatibility with OG Xbox and 360, and better services like EA Access and recently game pass. I could be a content gamer owning just an Xbox.

But then I sold my PS4, and purchased a PS4 Pro to go with my new Sony 4k HDR TV. I started reconnecting with the PlayStation library and falling in love with gaming. I was blown away how good Horizon Zero Dawn was in terms of graphics, game play, story and presentation. Older titles like Bloodborne had me awed at the details in the level and atmosphere. Recent titles like Uncharted Lost Legacy, had me just staring at the game for the graphics on display. And the Spiderman demo at E3, along with God of War and Days Gone. Last of us 2, Detroit become human. I'm excited to go back and play things I've missed like The Last Guardian. And try new franchises not found anywhere else like Yakuza, Gravity Rush 2, and Persona. Currently I'm enjoying the remake of Ratchet and Clank and in 4k (checkerboard) and HDR and it's really amazing. Amazing to the point where I now feel I don't need to get the one x any more. And i'm considering doing a 180 and staying with PlayStation and ditching Xbox and here's why...

Most agree competition is good for the consumer, but MS presents an example where their entry in space negatively affected consumers. We pay for expensive consoles, games are expensive and we also pay for internet access. We used to expect that when we buy a game, the multiplayer portion is included. Xbox changed the game, we now have to pay extra to play online with our friends. Opposite of PC, PS3 and Wii U. No doubt the move to charge for online multiplayer with PS4 and Switch are MS influenced. As well, MS decisions are not consumer friendly. The whole always online no used games thing that affected xbox one's launch. And also, I always hated how on Xbox platforms you would have to pay for your internet access, pay for your Netflix subscription and then pay for Xbox live in order to use netflix on the console. They held back other services behind their paywall. In this case, competition from Sony benefited us by forcing MS to remove Netflix from behind the paywall as they were getting killed by PS4, and probably it caused them to add more features to the one s like the 4k blu ray drive, and many price drops again because they were being killed by Sony.

Also I feel like Sony sees gaming as core to their success and invests in 1st part studios and developers to have a nice output of new and exciting games. Where as I feel like MS is more profit driven and invests in proven franchises. Halo was a success, they didn't care to keep Bungie exclusive and have them make another franchise, they let bungie go and kept the Halo franchise. Same thing with Gears of War, they only care to keep the Franchise and let the developers go on. GTA is a big franchise, last gen they spent 50 million just to get DLC first for something that is popular than to invest in developers or studios. Currently PlayerUnknowns Battleground is big title they are investing in that it.

Sorry for the long winded post, to bring it back around to the topic at hand, I guess the above lays out the reasons why as a Xbox fan I wouldn't really care greatly if MS sold off Xbox and exited the console space. With their desire for profits I can see them bring gears of war and halo to PlayStation anyways. The only problem is who would be there to scoop up customers if Sony got to ridiculous in their policies.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Sony is not an angel.

Try again tormented.

Yes no one say sony doesn't close studios,in fact MS did as well and close more than sony,the problem is here that Darkside is not a freaking studio owned by MS MORON They drive the developer into the ground and was a 3rd party ass.

This is the problem with you as showed by the so call lawsuit you just posted you want to defend MS shitty doings with anything you can find.

You don't have a point,and you were feet dragging MS has been sued for allot of things to but those are irrelevant to what we are arguing,so a big try again for your loser.

Sony is not an angel.

Try again tormented.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ten_pints said:
@kingtito said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@SecretPolice said:

CNN is fake news, they are heavily biased and lie by omission 99% of the time and present opinions as facts. Fox is just as bad.

I am fed up with being told what to think by the media, that's not their job.

The only people that believe that shit are trump supporters which are no better than a cult. No way in hell CNN are they fake news and no that 99% is pure bullshit. That's all I have to say I don't argue with cultist.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#270 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/25/16206532/microsoft-xbox-one-original-console-discontinued

Yeah, Phil is lying. They can't afford to make even the old model.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic@xantufrog@Stevo_the_gamer can you lock this, Charizard refused to do it for whatever reason.

This was debunked 5 days ago and it's just spreading more false information and confusing people.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By tormentos

@endofaugust said:

@blue_hazy_basic@xantufrog@Stevo_the_gamer can you lock this, Charizard refused to do it for whatever reason.

This was debunked 5 days ago and it's just spreading more false information and confusing people.

NO it was damage control just like Phil Spencer claimed KInect would not be sold apart and that it was an integral part of the xbox and 6 months latter like leaks predicted a kinectless xbox one was been sold exactly on summer 2014,and now KInect is dead,they have a fu**ing new version of the xbox one coming what the hell you expect him to say when confronted with that?

Yes we cut the xbox budget from now on you will get few games and those few games are also on PC without the xbox live fee thought luck.

Do you really believe MS will admit something like this?

Please...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50567 Posts

@endofaugust said:

That really doesn't prove anything. Neither does the rumor prove anything.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Sony is not an angel.

Try again tormented.

1-NO one claimed sony was an angel.

2-MS closed studios and even kill 3rd party one by starving them money wise.

3-If you have hate against sony start a legal action against sony for hurting your feelings by beating the xbox badly..lol

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 EndofAugust

@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:

It's pretty clear.

OttomanMadMan- "Is this true?"

Phil Spencer- "No."

The head of Xbox, the lead of that entire division said "no" therefore it's untrue. That's straight from the horses mouth, the highest authority for that branch of Microsoft.

Case closed.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Chutebox  Online

@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:

It's pretty clear.

Phil Spencer- "No."

The head of Xbox, the lead of that entire division said "no" therefore it's untrue. That's straight from the horses mouth, the highest authority for that branch of Microsoft.

Case closed.

What was he saying no to? Or are you going to sit here and tell me that the Xbox division really has a blank check for spending?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Why would anyone believe Phil after all his lies?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By EndofAugust

@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:

It's pretty clear.

Phil Spencer- "No."

Case closed.

What was he saying no to? Or are you going to sit here and tell me that the Xbox division really has a blank check for spending?

Look at the top of the image "Is this true?", his response was "No.".

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/900132748706402307

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Chutebox  Online

@endofaugust: There are multiple rumors in that post. So, what was the no to? Was it to everything? One thing?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By EndofAugust

@Chutebox said:

@endofaugust: There are multiple rumors in that post. So, what was the no to? Was it to everything? One thing?

Please tell me you're not that dense and really trying to reach on this.

It was a blanket no in response to everything said.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Chutebox  Online

@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:

So then you truly believe the xbox division has a blank check? Ok, got it.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 EndofAugust

@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:

You people are the worst...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Chutebox  Online

@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:

Says the person who thinks the xbox division can spend all the money they want!

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By EndofAugust

@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:

If you actually think that you're denser than I originally thought.

You guys act intentionally obtuse like you don't understand clearly obvious things so you can continue the charade of shit posting.

Of course there's no blank check, a blanket no simply doesn't entertain the idea of any of this guys nonsense, all of his assertions are dumb to begin with.

#radiation #powerlines #leadpaintchips

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Chutebox  Online

@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:

You guys act intentionally obtuse like you don't understand clearly obvious things so you can continue the charade of shit posting.

Of course there's no blank check, a blanket no simply doesn't entertain the idea of any of this guys nonsense, all of his assertions are dumb to begin with.

#radiation

One of the assumptions was the blank check. So in the end, you are as full of shit as the one starting the rumor. Glad we cleared that up.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 EndofAugust

@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:
@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:

#radiation

One of the assumptions was the blank check. So in the end, you are as full of shit as the one starting the rumor. Glad we cleared that up.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Chutebox  Online

@endofaugust said:
@Chutebox said:

I agree. This is how must of us feel when reading some of your posts.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 tormentos

@endofaugust said:

It's pretty clear.

Phil Spencer- "No."

Case closed.

Yeah it also seem that way about KInect.

Once again what the hell do you think he will say?

""Yes we cut it fu** you xbox owners att. Phil Spencer""

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Why is thread even still open? Gamespot's got some terribad mods.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#290 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

@babyjoker1221: This thread is open because it's interesting. Thank you Gamespot mods.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@babyjoker1221 said:

Why is thread even still open? Gamespot's got some terribad mods.

Not sure... but I'm almost positive that if it was a similar thread about Sony, it would've been closed earlier.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#292 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

For those arguing blank checks, it's a pretty safe bet no gaming company ever has been writing blank checks. That's not an "update" on MS's situation, and the potentially real insight about whether the division's funding has been scaled back was 100% crystal clearly given a "no". If Phil turns out to be lying down the road, there's your next dogpile, but for this... locking