Microsoft cuts funding on Xbox division. Insider source.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide:

Eh, what I like is that both sides, D's and R's are doing their best to bring him down, it's a one party Backsatblishment system that Americans hired POTUS Trump to bring down. Drain that Swamp. lol

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

stay out of our politics

Would love to! Stop threatening to start a nuclear war and I can :)

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@locopatho: @SecretPolice: Can you two shup up about politics?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 locopatho

@Ant_17: Yes, I'm done.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

Although, I must say - if the future of the Xbox brand is Win10... I'm kind of okay with that.

With their current model, the Xbox really is just a locked-down gaming PC you put under the TV.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I rather have Sega any giving days than MS.. Please drop the hell out MS and let other company takes over!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Meh. Just because they don't have a blank check to do whatever they want is necessarily all that much to be concerned about.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 locopatho

@ni6htmare01 said:

I rather have Sega any giving days than MS.. Please drop the hell out MS and let other company takes over!

Sega ain't coming back no matter what MS does.

Avatar image for kangarbloodyroo
kangarbloodyroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kangarbloodyroo
Member since 2017 • 113 Posts

Guys take a hint, Microsoft predicting the xbone x is gonna flop hard. Just like the OG xbone. Lems will never learn LOL

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#60 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Wow!

@locopatho said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

Sega ain't coming back no matter what MS does.

Sega coming back to make consoles would've been nice. The company that is coming back into the console market is Atari. Who knows how that will go.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

And here is the opposite

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246648820&postcount=5799

PS:

And While we are at it, atleast wait till something is confirmed, before claiming some sort of victory.. what a toxic place this has become..

Jez comment on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/6vabwt/comment/dlyywc2

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

I didnt think it was possible to fund even less games but MS is always up for the challenge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

I've been saying this all along. MS's gaming division has a limited budget. The fact that they're cutting it even more makes perfect sense: they do not care about actual video games, so they cut them off, which is ludicrous. If I could get a buck for every time a lem told me that MS has unlimited funds, and that means their gaming division has unlimited funds..... yeah, I'd be swimming in $$$. Just the other day Nyadc/Endofaugust was saying that exact thing to me.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Eh cows are really ruining this place. They're so toxic. There's no proof needed, no discussion. Ugh I hate it.

UncleLewis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 UncleLewis
Member since 2017 • 16 Posts

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse for the Xbox division that barely has any exclusives to begin with.. this makes their future look even more bleak.

Poor Lems trying to convince themselves "Bu but dis news can't be true!!"

TLHBO

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#66 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Gaming consoles are an investment heavy business, you have to be willing to take a financial hit (like Sony with PS3 and Nintendo with Wii U), weather the storm and invest, if you want to have a turnaround (PS3->PS4, Wii U->Switch). I understand Microsoft is a business, but this is not the answer.

This is another example of people not understanding business. I've been told numerous times while arguing with people here that MSFT doesn't give Xbox a blank check, now some guy tweets it and people act like its the worst thing ever. As a long time shareholder, I already knew there wasn't a blank check for the Xbox. It has been that way for YEARS. The only news here is they made it public that the budget comes from their W10 budgeting which of course must be peanuts because of how inconsequential Windows is to MSFT. LOL

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

? It all makes sense now.

No wonder they can't fund any games. MS must be tired of losing money in the Xbone. Unfortunately this means it's only a matter of time till they drop Xbox altogether.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Gaming consoles are an investment heavy business, you have to be willing to take a financial hit (like Sony with PS3 and Nintendo with Wii U), weather the storm and invest, if you want to have a turnaround (PS3->PS4, Wii U->Switch). I understand Microsoft is a business, but this is not the answer.

This is another example of people not understanding business. I've been told numerous times while arguing with people here that MSFT doesn't give Xbox a blank check, now some guy tweets it and people act like its the worst thing ever. As a long time shareholder, I already knew there wasn't a blank check for the Xbox. It has been that way for YEARS. The only news here is they made it public that the budget comes from their W10 budgeting which of course must be peanuts because of how inconsequential Windows is to MSFT. LOL

I think they definitely had a "blank check" when they were tossing money at the NFL deals, TV show development, 3rd party deals, etc.

They only seemed to cut the Xbox division off after Xbone sold poorly. They lost nearly every marketing deal to Sony. They haven't even announced a new AAA exclusive game in probably 2 years.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Sounds like a good move to be more cautious with projects instead of throwing money around. MS has a nice base with xbox one x, crackdown 3, state of decay 2 and sea of thieves. Some awesome projects to look forward to. MS just focus on xbl, cranking out the hardware and multiplayer/co-op games will get the job done.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Do any of you read:

Windows Central

I've already spoken to high up sources about this and they've either laughed or just said no out right without taking a minute to think and formulate an explanation. Also I've spoken to other prominent Microsoft bloggers and none of our sources have heard anything. I don't believe Zhuge would make anything like that up, but I'm not finding any info that corroborates. Even from Microsoft people who are overly critical of upper management. But I can't offer anything I'd deem truly concrete.

From my perspective, MS likes the divisions to be self sufficient without having to dig into the piggybank, this is usually the case unless something major goes wrong like RROD or Vista.

I know the cows will believe the twitter post and the Lems will believe Windows Central. That is the issue with news flung around like a heaping pile of shit. It is one of the main issues I have with people posting whatever they want on Twitter without having to back anything up. People will always believe what they read and it is really sad. I just say the guy posting this information should back the news up because that is pretty huge news if true.

Another sad issue is, I already see Cows slinging this news in here in other threads as ammo or something. WTF you believe everything you read on the Internet or just when it fits your narrative? Lets wait and see if this is true, but it is scary news if it is true for Xbox.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cainetao11

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@cainetao11 said:
@charizard1605 said:

I think they definitely had a "blank check" when they were tossing money at the NFL deals, TV show development, 3rd party deals, etc.

They only seemed to cut the Xbox division off after Xbone sold poorly. They lost nearly every marketing deal to Sony. They haven't even announced a new AAA exclusive game in probably 2 years.

You must be right. My stack of 13 annual reports listing a ceiling on the budget must be lies to shareholders.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

So turns out that they're not cutting budget...but the games they are making are costing a lot more. Well that settles that. Mods can close this thread

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ant_17

@lifelessablaze: Late as hell.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Xabiss

@primorandomguy said:

Eh cows are really ruining this place. They're so toxic. There's no proof needed, no discussion. Ugh I hate it.

Hell all anyone has to say is, Microsoft is going to shutdown Xbox gaming division on Twitter and I honestly believe people on here would believe it. You do not have to prove anything anymore, just post it and people will pounce on it like it is the truth.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 cainetao11

@SecretPolice said:

@Bread_or_Decide:

Eh, what I like is that both sides, D's and R's are doing their best to bring him down, it's a one party Backsatblishment system that Americans hired POTUS Trump to bring down. Drain that Swamp. lol

There's a political gamer forum for this guys.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Another "inside source" that automatically must be correct.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

You didn't seem to have that problem in the other "Insider" thread...

@primorandomguy said:

Does it really upset people that much, that a MS product is doing well? This is pathetic cows.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ant_17

@Strutten said:

And here is the opposite

PS:

And While we are at it, atleast wait till something is confirmed, before claiming some sort of victory.. what a toxic place this has become..

Jez comment on Reddit.

You are doing the same thing.

No proof, just an insider.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 QuadKnight

@Zero_epyon: You exposed that lemming clown's hypocrisy ?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

They need to double down on exclusives like Sony did near the end of the PS3 generation. After they do that, they will have a strong start to gen 9. I would love to see another MS funded Tales of game. It would be nice not having PS3 graphics in presumably 2019...

Echanted Arms 2 and Lost Odyssey 2 would be great for me.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Strutten

@Ant_17:

Guess you missed "wait till something is confirmed". which is actually my point, no confirmation from MS, and yet everyone - do i dare to even include you is making it an actual fact..

Hence me posting the opposite, only to point out IT would be best too wait, either way IT would'nt be a good thing at all if true.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Ant_17

@Strutten said:

@Ant_17:

Guess you missed "wait till something is confirmed". which is actually my point, no confirmation from MS, and yet everyone - do i dare to even include you is making it an actual fact..

Hence me posting the opposite, only to point out IT would be best too wait, either way IT would'nt be a good thing at all if true.

You didn't wait. How about we wait a bit more and have your insider debunked? Then we wait for the next insider.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

So MS are denying it but what was/is the Xbox division's budget and is it larger than Sony's PlayStation budget? It'll undoubtedly be far larger than the money Nintendo has to play with.

@Xabiss said:
@primorandomguy said:

Hell all anyone has to say is, Microsoft is going to shutdown Xbox gaming division on Twitter and I honestly believe people on here would believe it. You do not have to prove anything anymore, just post it and people will pounce on it like it is the truth.

Unfortunately there are far too many people that believe anything and everything they read on the internet, especially when it comes from an "insiders" Twitter account.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Strutten said:

And here is the opposite

PS:

Jez comment on Reddit.

Yes that explain why MS withhold payment from several developers this gen and cancel those games and move most of its exclusives to PC..

@Xabiss said:

Do any of you read:

Windows Central

I've already spoken to high up sources about this and they've either laughed or just said no out right without taking a minute to think and formulate an explanation. Also I've spoken to other prominent Microsoft bloggers and none of our sources have heard anything. I don't believe Zhuge would make anything like that up, but I'm not finding any info that corroborates. Even from Microsoft people who are overly critical of upper management. But I can't offer anything I'd deem truly concrete.

From my perspective, MS likes the divisions to be self sufficient without having to dig into the piggybank, this is usually the case unless something major goes wrong like RROD or Vista.

I know the cows will believe the twitter post and the Lems will believe Windows Central. That is the issue with news flung around like a heaping pile of shit. It is one of the main issues I have with people posting whatever they want on Twitter without having to back anything up. People will always believe what they read and it is really sad. I just say the guy posting this information should back the news up because that is pretty huge news if true.

Another sad issue is, I already see Cows slinging this news in here in other threads as ammo or something. WTF you believe everything you read on the Internet or just when it fits your narrative? Lets wait and see if this is true, but it is scary news if it is true for Xbox.

Again why are you damage controlling bad xbox news aren't you a neutral gamer? I don't see you do this for the PS4.

Basically you are trying to downplay a PROVEN leaker.

I don't believe Zhuge would make anything like that up, but I'm not finding any info that corroborates.

Enough say and that Blog is a MS suck up site by the way not neutral in any way.

There is strong indication that this is actually right rather than wrong.

1-MS has cancel 4 games for xbox one,several of those rumors had MS withholding money from developers.

2-Lack of new games MS like sony tent to announce games way in advance,this E3 those were missing in action MS use as excuse that it was to early and they didn't want to show anything way in advance.

The problem with this ^^ excuse as we know MS do reveal games way in advance and games on xbox one are tasking longer to came out that PS4 ones after they get announce,in fact crackdown was push for next year that would mark the 4th year the game is under development,scalebound was cancel 3 years in,QB was release 3 years in sea of thieves state of decay 2.

We know for fact they show games in advance but this E3 they simply didn't and i think that is the issue,i also xbox one games landing on PC is the results of tighter budget and MS gaming divising seeking further profits outside the xbox,which is why MS even make money on PS4 by keep selling minecraft.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Frankly, I'm not sure why this is a surprise or even news for that matter. I have been saying this for a while, hence you rarely see any advertisements or at least as much as you once did on TV, timed exclusive deals, and less 3rd party partnerships. Things have been slower to the table than they once were and this probably isn't all just the board of the directors putting a ban hammer on them because frankly MS is doing great from a financial perspective. Phil Spencer reports directly to Satya Nedella and really Phil probably has a lot to do with this as well. He needed to right their path and fix the direction that they were headed in. He essentially had to start over. Why this should even be news is beyond me.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Xabiss

@tormentos said:
@Strutten said:

And here is the opposite

PS:

Jez comment on Reddit.

Yes that explain why MS withhold payment from several developers this gen and cancel those games and move most of its exclusives to PC..

@Xabiss said:

Do any of you read:

Windows Central

Again why are you damage controlling bad xbox news aren't you a neutral gamer? I don't see you do this for the PS4.

Basically you are trying to downplay a PROVEN leaker.

I don't believe Zhuge would make anything like that up, but I'm not finding any info that corroborates.

Enough say and that Blog is a MS suck up site by the way not neutral in any way.

There is strong indication that this is actually right rather than wrong.

1-MS has cancel 4 games for xbox one,several of those rumors had MS withholding money from developers.

2-Lack of new games MS like sony tent to announce games way in advance,this E3 those were missing in action MS use as excuse that it was to early and they didn't want to show anything way in advance.

The problem with this ^^ excuse as we know MS do reveal games way in advance and games on xbox one are tasking longer to came out that PS4 ones after they get announce,in fact crackdown was push for next year that would mark the 4th year the game is under development,scalebound was cancel 3 years in,QB was release 3 years in sea of thieves state of decay 2.

We know for fact they show games in advance but this E3 they simply didn't and i think that is the issue,i also xbox one games landing on PC is the results of tighter budget and MS gaming divising seeking further profits outside the xbox,which is why MS even make money on PS4 by keep selling minecraft.

I am not apologizing for Microsoft. I am just saying I don't believe leaker information until I see the proof be backed with actual FACTS. This guy made a bold ass claim on Twitter without backing it up with any evidence. This is always a bad thing because look what is happening right now. People are taking that news as the truth. That is a very bad thing to do with any news story of this magnitude.

I even said Lems will believe Windows Central and Cows will believe the other guy. That is what is wrong with leaked information. Just because that shit is posted on a website or Twitter does not make it the truth and should not be used as such. I am calling BOTH claims a heaping pile of shit until we actually see an actual statement that proves other wise.

Sorry I feel any company that leaves the game market right now as being bad for the industry. Sorry that is my feelings on it. I would feel like shit if Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft bowed out of the market. I do not ever see this being a good thing ever.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jv303

The bell tolls for thee, Xbox.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 QuadKnight

? @ the Xbox apologists in this thread doing spins and backflips to damage control for Xbone. The proof is in the pudding. Xbox hardly has any games and they sure as shit didn't announce any new games this E3, leading us to believe that this rumor is in fact true.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jv303

Yep. The only good-looking games Xbox showed at their E3 - Metro Exodus and Anthem - are multiplats.

I don't know if they'll sell the Xbox division or just turn it into a PC-only publishing arm, but Xbox's days in the console market are coming to an end.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

@quadknight: Proof is not in the pudding. Its called priorities. The division needed to fix itself and the direction that it was going in after the debacle that was 2013. On top of that the company itself hasn't done a great job with acquisitions as of late or at least in the last 5-6 years, see Nokia. This is nothing than a change of strategy and frankly MS has spent a ton of money on acquisitions related to hardware and software over the past 5 years or so. I would even go to the extent of saying that they probably did this long ago, but they still clearly have a ton of money to spend because I doubt that it was cheap doing the R&D, marketing, and development of both the Xbox One S and Xbox One X over the past 3 or so years. If this was news at all or anything that an Xbox fan or owner should be concerned with we wouldn't be seeing new consoles and or the support that we continue to see from the company. They probably gave them a halt on acquisitions and other things but would not be surprised if Phil had his hand in that as he has stated since he took over that they would not be heavily investing in the third party front like they once did nor be spending big dollars on exclusive content. That has been pretty consistent since the get go when he took over. Aside from a few games and content it hasn't been close to what they did last gen in terms of exclusivity and content from a 3rd party perspective. On top of it they really didn't really need too as they have all the big multiplatform games and continue to get support from all the big developers and publishers. This is idea that this is shocking or we should be concerned is a little out there. MS has spent a TON or I should say have invested a lot of money on acquisitions not only within their own company but their gaming division over the last 5-6 years.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@jv303 said:

Yep. The only good-looking games Xbox showed at their E3 - Metro Exodus and Anthem - are multiplats.

I don't know if they'll sell the Xbox division or just turn it into a PC-only publishing arm, but Xbox's days in the console market are coming to an end.

That's when I quit playing video games and look for something else to do because the PS4 just doesn't have enough good games!

slimster2309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#92 slimster2309
Member since 2017 • 68 Posts

I really hope MS can turn things around for Xbox. I'd hate to see Sony get complacent due to lack of competition.

Whether this information is accurate or not, Xbox needs a swing to get back on track.

I'm not sure having the most powerful console is the move necessary for that to happen. At the very least, they are getting attention with the release of the One X, but I think they need momentum with exclusive, critically and/or commercially acclaimed games. Imo, it won't matter how well they do with the following established franchises: Forza, Halo, Gears. It seems like once an exclusive series goes past the 3rd entry, the hype starts to die. These games can stick around and support the console, but Xbox One needs at least 2, maybe 3, new exclusive IP to make a big splash in the market.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@rrjim1 said:
@jv303 said:

That's when I quit playing video games and look for something else to do because the PS4 just doesn't have enough good games!

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

I don't get it lemmings claims to downplay exclusive that almost all games are multiplatforms,but when the xbox one is say to be shoot down the measure they would take is to quit gaming because some how sony doesn't have anything good.?

Hahahahahaaaaaa

So tell me what fantastic games have you play this year for the xbox one..lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Lol... I can't believe how obsessed people are with Xbox on these forums. All you cows supposedly hate Xbox and love everything PS, yet you never shut up about Xbox. The number of Xbox threads you create must outweigh PS threads by like 20 to 1. It's very weird.

Maybe you get more enjoyment out of hating on Xbox, more than actually playing/talking about PS? Wouldn't surprise me.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#96 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Thee above, perfect.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Oh, how sweet the music ;)

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Strutten

@Ant_17: you are completely ignoring my point, which is nothing new just by following sw.. one post something and another posts the opposite.. yet what is negative towards MS is somewhat the real thing, atleast on these boards.. No thats is whats wrong with gaming.. the fans (All sides) - anyway not gonna argue with you..

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Strutten said:

@Ant_17: you are completely ignoring my point, which is nothing new just by following sw.. one post something and another posts the opposite.. yet what is negative towards MS is somewhat the real thing, atleast on these boards.. No thats is whats wrong with gaming.. the fans (All sides) - anyway not gonna argue with you..

MS'es track record of being forthright is what is called into question. They have a very real image problem.