Microsoft cuts funding on Xbox division. Insider source.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

You really are stupid, I said lets not believe either the bad and the GOOD, you of all people shouldn't be telling people what they can't comprehend because you couldn't even understand the little I wrote. Go back to watching Married with Children lol.

@i_p_daily said:

Sorry haven't read much of this thread, but why do we believe an insider when it's bad for MS and don't believe them when it's good for MS?

Either we believe all or none at all, i'm for the latter.

This is what i quote from you lemming,were ever you chose to believe non (says you) you question why people would believe insiders where they were bad for MS and don't believe them when they are good for MS,you question it fool.

So yeah there are good insiders and bad ones who you chose to believe is up to you,but like i say all points in the direction of MS cutting the checkbook of the xbox one,hell i even go beyond the decision to move xbox exclusives to PC as well i am sure came from abode the xbox one division and not from within..

Can someone please translate?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

Hmmmmm.... So who do I believe. Some random guy on Twitter who can make up whatever they want and for any reason, or the head of Xbox. I know who I put my money and on.

@tormentos said:

Yes because Phil Spencer would never lie to save face right?

Report: MSFT to Release Xbox One Sans Kinect in 2014

According to Inside Gaming, those who are willing to wait will have the option of buying the Xbox One without Kinect. The website quotes a source familiar with the matter that says Microsoft will release a bundle without Kinect in the summer of next year.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbox-one-Bundle-No-Kinect-Price-Unit,23669.html

Rumors about MS dropping Kinect and selling a kinectless sku in summer 2014.

Xbox One's Phil Spencer: 'we're committed to the original vision'

There are plenty of pundits out there who say all console wars are won on price. You have the more expensive console because you've refused to remove Kinect from the equation. So how do you respond to those people?

I think it's always about experience in the end. I'm not discounting price at all, the economy is tough, and buying into the next generation, whether it's us or someone else, is not an insignificant amount of money. I get that. What I say is, we're committed to Xbox One in the long run – we have a long roadmap of features, of games that we're going to bring – and Kinect is critical. We've given Kinect to the biggest developers on the planet and they've integrated it in some very interesting ways; along with Smart Glass which has created some really compelling scenarios.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/22/xbox-one-microsoft-gamescom-2013

Phil Spencer denying it saying they are committed to the original version with kinect.

Microsoft announces $399 Xbox One without Kinect, drops Xbox Live requirement for apps

In a surprise move, Microsoft is planning to release an Xbox One without Kinect on June 9th. The new variant will be priced at $399, a figure that closes the $100 gap between the Xbox One and Sony’s PlayStation 4. Despite early promises to developers and Xbox One owners that Kinect would ship with every console

And the final outcome where MS release a kinectless xbox one in summer 2014 just as leakers confirmed.

https://www.theverge.com/2014/5/13/5713462/xbox-one-without-kinect-399

Is clear the budget is not the same,the basically loss all special content deals,they cancel like 4 games and withheld payments for developers is not really hard to corroborate.

OH Look a random guy on the internet claimed the xbox one would be sold without Kinect by summer 2014,and guess what Phil Spencer deny such thing claiming they were sticking with the original VISION and the Kinect was an integral part of the xbox one..

Oh look that last link confirmed what a random guy on the internet claimed in summer 2014 a kinectless xbox one was sold...lol

Is post like this which tag you as a BLIND Lemming,we have leaks all the time some are false many are corroborated and come to LIFE,so doubting Daniels is a joke even the guy from the windows central site claim he doesn't believe daniels will invent something like this and the dude has endless times more credibility that Phil Spencer who is PAY to damage control anything bad on xbox,just like MS freaking PR guys including Spencer claim FALSELY that the xbox one has the best games this year when they have dirt for basically 8 months now and what little they have is not even AAA is most cases,because even Forza has hit mid 80's in most of his chapters this gen...

But believe what you want more power to you lemming.

Well Tormentos it goes like this. I personally do not know who to believe about this news. I sway to the side of caution and believe Phil Spencers news because it is a credible source and someone who kind of has the real inside news about Xbox. All I see is that you are super pissy now that Phil Spencer has came out against this and said it isn't true. I am sorry to tell you, but all of this is still a RUMOR and it is crazy how you are acting like it is fact. I didn't even know who that Twitter poster was until yesterday, so why in the hell would I trust a guy spreading a RUMOR until I find out the actual facts. That guy made a very bold statement yesterday against a huge company. When you do that you better back that shit up with some type of evidence. That goes for anyone who makes those types of statements about any company.

I also find it funny how you argue this rumor as being the truth, but the pro rumor about the Xbox One X selling past expectations you fight against it for being false. Well both are rumors, but you fight for one and not the other because it does not fit your narrative. That is why I really hate when anyone brings up news using Twitter post. I don't give a shit if it is Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft if you make a negative/positive post about any of those company's you better back that shit up with some actual evidence what you are saying is true. The issue you have is you are a blind fanboy and only see negative news as being the truth and nothing positive could ever happen to Xbox. Just because leakers where right about Kinect does not mean all leaks are now correct. If that is the case then the Xbox One X leak why are you arguing against it?

And using the argument against Phil damage controlling about having the best games. Well no shit sherlock, it is his job to do that. If Phil Spencer came out and said hey everyone come out and buy the most powerful console on the planet with okay 1st party games, but killer 3rd party games his ass would be fired tomorrow. This just shows you know absolutely nothing about business. Even if he doesn't believe he has the best 1st party games on the planet, he still has to convey that he thinks he does. Hell who knows, maybe he actually believes it. Maybe the exclusives coming out on Playstation do not appeal to him and what he is doing for Xbox he actual believes those are better games. I don't agree with him about this, but maybe he actually does.

Again with the Lemming thing, again I am just a gamer. I own all the consoles and a gaming laptop with a 1070 in it. I play games as such:

1st/3rd party games are played on PS4 PRO

1st party games on Xbox One X - (yep it is getting a layer of dirt on top) I am excited for Path of Exile coming out this week for it.

1st/3rd party on Switch - After owning this box they do have the best exclusives and I love buying 3rd party games on this system when they actually run good. Having portable versions of Thumper and Sonic is pretty awesome.

Computer - MMORPGs only, I work on computers all day and I do not care to go home to play any other game but MMOs on my PC. Plus MMORPGs just don't feel right on a console.

When the Xbox One X comes out then I will Switch all of the 3rd party games to that system. I want my games to run and look the best on console. That is the entire reason I am purchasing that system and not for Microsoft 1st party games, that crap is pretty bleak right now.

I also believe that Xbox has the worse exclusives this gen right now. That could possibly change, but the future looks pretty grim on that. I am only looking forward to Ori, Cuphead, and State of Decay 2. The rest of the lineup could fall of the face of the earth and I would not care very much. I am more excited about the 1st party games coming from the Nintendo and Sony camps right now. I believe they really have Microsoft backed in a corner with their exclusive content and I really see no way they can get out of it. I still do enjoy Halo and Gears of War, but I do believe Microsoft needs to start creating some new IPs that appeal to gamers. Yes, I agree with most people that Microsoft 1st party games are in a dire situation.

I will also say that I don't want any of these companies to leave the market. If any of them got bought up I would be fine with that, but I do believe this market needs at least 3 companies fighting in it or the market will get stale real quick.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

All you people actually wishing for Microsoft to leave the console market are dumbasses.

No one will fill their spot. No one else is going to make a console that can play games more advanced than phone games. It is too expensive to get into. It takes billions for r&d and without knowing you will get a return in the investment, no one will risk the capital.

This business is just too damn expensive. A monopoly in the industry would be a detriment.

If Xbone hadn't been made that could potentially be 30 million or so less consoles selling multiplat games. There is no way to know if those people would have bought a PS4.

The more consoles out there the better. I do not see a reason for me to buy a Xbox, but if someone I talk to wants to get one, more power to them.

Could not agree more!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#205 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Well Tormentos it goes like this. I personally do not know who to believe about this news. I sway to the side of caution and believe Phil Spencers news because it is a credible source and someone who kind of has the real inside news about Xbox. All I see is that you are super pissy now that Phil Spencer has came out against this and said it isn't true. I am sorry to tell you, but all of this is still a RUMOR and it is crazy how you are acting like it is fact. I didn't even know who that Twitter poster was until yesterday, so why in the hell would I trust a guy spreading a RUMOR until I find out the actual facts. That guy made a very bold statement yesterday against a huge company. When you do that you better back that shit up with some type of evidence. That goes for anyone who makes those types of statements about any company.

I also find it funny how you argue this rumor as being the truth, but the pro rumor about the Xbox One X selling past expectations you fight against it for being false. Well both are rumors, but you fight for one and not the other because it does not fit your narrative. That is why I really hate when anyone brings up news using Twitter post. I don't give a shit if it is Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft if you make a negative/positive post about any of those company's you better back that shit up with some actual evidence what you are saying is true. The issue you have is you are a blind fanboy and only see negative news as being the truth and nothing positive could ever happen to Xbox. Just because leakers where right about Kinect does not mean all leaks are now correct. If that is the case then the Xbox One X leak why are you arguing against it?

And using the argument against Phil damage controlling about having the best games. Well no shit sherlock, it is his job to do that. If Phil Spencer came out and said hey everyone come out and buy the most powerful console on the planet with okay 1st party games, but killer 3rd party games his ass would be fired tomorrow. This just shows you know absolutely nothing about business. Even if he doesn't believe he has the best 1st party games on the planet, he still has to convey that he thinks he does. Hell who knows, maybe he actually believes it. Maybe the exclusives coming out on Playstation do not appeal to him and what he is doing for Xbox he actual believes those are better games. I don't agree with him about this, but maybe he actually does.

Again with the Lemming thing, again I am just a gamer. I own all the consoles and a gaming laptop with a 1070 in it. I play games as such:

1st/3rd party games are played on PS4 PRO

1st party games on Xbox One X - (yep it is getting a layer of dirt on top) I am excited for Path of Exile coming out this week for it.

1st/3rd party on Switch - After owning this box they do have the best exclusives and I love buying 3rd party games on this system when they actually run good. Having portable versions of Thumper and Sonic is pretty awesome.

Computer - MMORPGs only, I work on computers all day and I do not care to go home to play any other game but MMOs on my PC. Plus MMORPGs just don't feel right on a console.

When the Xbox One X comes out then I will Switch all of the 3rd party games to that system. I want my games to run and look the best on console. That is the entire reason I am purchasing that system. Hell not for Microsoft 1st party games, that crap is pretty bleak right now.

I also believe that Xbox has the worse exclusives this gen right now. That could possibly change, but the future looks pretty grim on that. I am only looking forward to Ori, Cuphead, and State of Decay 2. The rest of the lineup could fall of the face of the earth and I would not care very much. I am more excited about the 1st party games coming from the Nintendo and Sony camps right now. I believe they really have Microsoft backed in a corner with their exclusive content and I really see no way they can get out of it. I still do enjoy Halo and Gears of War, but I do believe Microsoft needs to start creating some new IPs that appeal to gamers. Yes, I agree with most people that Microsoft 1st party games are in a dire situation.

I will also say that I don't want any of these companies to leave the market. If any of them got bought up I would be fine with that, but I do believe this market needs at least 3 companies fighting in it or the market will get stale real quick.

Stoped reading all this on those points.

The fact they lied about the plans for the Bone staying the same is proof enough this also could be a lie or they are hiding something. They don't report hardware sales at all anymore. Before they did, with the 360 included, solid numbers even. Now, it's just "better than last year".

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@Xabiss: I think Sea of Thieves looks promising. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#207 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@quadknight said:

The delusional clown actually thinks he has made a point. No wonder Xbox is last place in sales and games, the delusion within MS and lems is ridiculous.

Thanks for this, everyone here knows that when quackknight starts posting memes or gifs you've won

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

So it begins....

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#209 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

All you people actually wishing for Microsoft to leave the console market are dumbasses.

No one will fill their spot. No one else is going to make a console that can play games more advanced than phone games. It is too expensive to get into. It takes billions for r&d and without knowing you will get a return in the investment, no one will risk the capital.

LOL

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 gfxpipeline

What is hilariously sad is remembering back to 2000 to 2001 when the Xbox fiasco started.

Microsoft execs honestly thought they were going to just walk right into the console market and take it over. All they needed was the goofy Shiny Green Power Ranger and slap together a bunch of off the shelf PC parts and throw them in a big ugly black box.

All the bitter Dreamcast fans were overjoyed with the delusion that Microsoft's billions was going to give them revenge for Sony destroying their turd of a console. Microsoft even made the braindead decision to adopt the Dreamcast's screwed up controller layout.

The cries from Xbox fans was Bill Gates was going to just buy out the entire console market with his 'pocket change'.

Did not go as planned, LOL.

Fifteen years into the Xbox fiasco, the Xbox One is bombing in sales - only 26 million by Microsoft's own leaked numbers and selling at the pathetic rate of roughly 150k a month worldwide. Almost exactly the same numbers as the first Xbox marketplace failure.

What most likely is going to happen:

* Funding will be slowly cut off for the Xbox disaster

* Microsoft's focus will increasingly turn to the Windows Gaming brand

* The Xbox brand will be let to quietly die off since it is synonymous with failure in the eyes of gamers

* Whatever non-hardware related Xbox infrastructure that is useful for Windows Gaming will be retained

* Whatever hardware related Xbox infrastructure will be dumped

Microsoft's new gaming strategy is best described as:

"It is cheaper to get beat by Steam than Playstation"

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@FastRobby: Yea you've "won" and meanwhile Xbone continues to a barren gameless desert and a flop of a console (an embarrassing 26 million sold after 4 years). ? Total delusional clown. Tell yourself whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

$0 is what they currently spend on games, hard to cut that.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

How is this thread not locked yet? Phil Spencer already said this was not true 18 hours ago via Twitter.

Plus Z huge has 0 credibility. he is a known Sony fanboy that usually likes to post and gloat over NPD numbers on Twitter. There is a small hand full of people that actually know Xbox's budget and none of them are talking to anyone especially not to Zhuge.

Debunked! Go find something else to speculate about.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#214  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@crashnburn281 said:

This business is just too damn expensive. A monopoly in the industry would be a detriment.

If Xbone hadn't been made that could potentially be 30 million or so less consoles selling multiplat games. There is no way to know if those people would have bought a PS4.

The more consoles out there the better. I do not see a reason for me to buy a Xbox, but if someone I talk to wants to get one, more power to them.

Could not agree more!

You know what the thing is? Nobody is stopping some other company that the MS haters think will be so much better from getting into console production and forcing MS out by being better. People on this board act like there are slots and one MUST be empty in order for this mysterious "better" alternative to come in. That's not how business works. Its a free market, anybody can launch in at any time. If someone can do better they can prove it and force one of them out.

On thread topic, when MSFT officially says this publicly, I'll believe it. My annual reportsnever indicated a "blank check" for any department in MSFT. Its complete jump on the pile BS that an official from the corporation has stated isn't true. Until there is anything to the contrary said by MSFT that is the official word.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By gfxpipeline

@cainetao11 said:

You know what the thing is? Nobody is stopping some other company that the MS haters think will be so much better from getting into console production and forcing MS out by being better. People on this board act like there are slots and one MUST be empty in order for this mysterious "better" alternative to come in. That's not how business works. Its a free market, anybody can launch in at any time. If someone can do better they can prove it and force one of them out.

No one is 'forcing' Microsoft out of the console business.

A junk product is bombing in sales and the company that makes it no longer is willing to waste money on it.

Microsoft has no one to blame but themselves.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 cainetao11

@gfxpipeline said:
@cainetao11 said:

No one is 'forcing' Microsoft out of the console.

A junk product is bombing in sales and the company that makes it no longer is willing to waste money on it.

WTF? Did you even read the context of my post in response to who I quoted? What are you even talking about? The division earn a profit. Get a clue dude.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By gfxpipeline

@cainetao11 said:
@gfxpipeline said:
@cainetao11 said:

WTF? Did you even read the context of my post in response to who I quoted? What are you even talking about? The division earn a profit. Get a clue dude.

LOL, someone is doing better - Sony and Nintendo.

And Microsoft is finally ready to throw in the towel on the entire fifteen year long Xbox fiasco.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 cainetao11

@gfxpipeline said:
@cainetao11 said:
@gfxpipeline said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL, someone is doing better - Sony and Nintendo.

And Microsoft is finally ready to throw in the towel on the entire fifteen year long Xbox fiasco.

You're obviously not involved in any sensible dialogue here. Nobody is saying those two aren't doing better now.

You quoted me as I was answering someone talking about Xbox haters that want them to leave the industry. I get the feeling you're one of them. If so, why would you want them to leave? Nobody is forcing you to buy an Xbox, they aren't standing in the way of you liking Sony or Nintendo either. How does it hurt the haters that they exist? Does it bother you that other people don't like what you like best?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@crashnburn281 said:

Could not agree more!

I have one word for both of you. Samsung.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 cainetao11

@Shewgenja said:
@Xabiss said:
@crashnburn281 said:

Could not agree more!

What's stopping them if they can do so much better? There is no rule saying there can only be 3. If Samsung wants to do it, they can come in and push someone out. Why must MSFT leave first?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@Xabiss said:
@crashnburn281 said:

Could not agree more!

What's stopping them if they can do so much better? There is no rule saying there can only be 3. If Samsung wants to do it, they can come in and push someone out. Why must MSFT leave first?

Hmm, I see the question in a different light with historic precedent. Like Sony, it may not be seen as lucrative to go into a market that is dominated by at least one customer who relies on you for supply chain. Take that away, and it becomes more enticing. I'm sure it's as simple as that, mayhaps a non-compete agreement in the mix if we're looking for formalities.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 cainetao11

@Shewgenja said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@Xabiss said:
@crashnburn281 said:

Could not agree more!

Hmm, I see the question in a different light with historic precedent. Like Sony, it may not be seen as lucrative to go into a market that is dominated by at least one customer who relies on you for supply chain. Take that away, and it becomes more enticing. I'm sure it's as simple as that, mayhaps a non-compete agreement in the mix if we're looking for formalities.

You're going to have explain your precedents more plainly for me, dude.

I guess I come from the mindset that people actively rooting against any of them to stay in are self entitled pu$$ies. For instance, Nintendo is by far not a favorite of mine. I have owned 2 of their consoles in my life: Wii and a WiiU for 6 mos. But it doesn't bother me that they exist. It doesn't prevent me from enjoying what I enjoy to the fullest. I never have expected an industry or life in general to cater to me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@Xabiss said:

Could not agree more!

. But it doesn't bother me that they exist. It doesn't prevent me from enjoying what I enjoy to the fullest. I never have expected an industry or life in general to cater to me.

And by golly that's all that counts!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 cainetao11

@Heil68 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Shewgenja said:

. But it doesn't bother me that they exist. It doesn't prevent me from enjoying what I enjoy to the fullest. I never have expected an industry or life in general to cater to me.

And by golly that's all that counts!

Thanks pal!!!! ;)

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@Shewgenja: Samsung is not going to enter the console market, unless it's some mobile android console.

It is not happening. Might as well give up on the dream. No one is going to replace one of the big three.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 The-A-Baum

Since cows want to believe this guy so much. Here is one of his latest tweets after being shut down by Phil.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By QuadKnight

@the-a-baum: I fail to see how this helps your argument that he's a bad source.

XboneX is launching this year. Of course preorders for it would be higher than the PS4 Pro that launched last year lol.

The damage control from you lems is just hilarious and sad.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

Since cows want to believe this guy so much. Here is one of his latest tweets after being shut down by Phil.

Good for them.. I mean is still totally 1 sided flavor Sony PS4 but at lest xbox is not totally dead yet lol

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 The-A-Baum

@quadknight: Take it for what you will. I still think the guy is full of it. This thread is how many pages now? So many backed him up this far and now he posts this? Which is supposedly year to date.

Lock the thread. Guy is full of it. I tried to verify this on Amazon and didn't even see the X on the list. But I did see Xbox one S ahead of the Pro. 61 and 62 respectively.

Dude is just baiting people left and right.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By QuadKnight

@the-a-baum said:

@quadknight: Take it for what you will. I still think the guy is full of it. This thread is how many pages now? So many backed him up this far and now he posts this? Which is supposedly year to date.

Lock the thread. Guy is full of it. I tried to verify this on Amazon and didn't even see the X on the list. But I did see Xbox one S ahead of the Pro. 61 and 62 respectively.

Dude is just baiting people left and right.

Did you click on Best Sellers of 2017 (So far)?

I did and he's correct. These are pics I took just now.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#4

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Shewgenja

@crashnburn281: But someone always does.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Shewgenja

@quadknight: Just curious, where did the Pro end up on 2016s best seller list?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 cainetao11

@quadknight said:

XboneX is launching this year. Of course preorders for it would be higher than the PS4 Pro that launched last year lol.

I don't know if he's a good source or not. All I know is typically MSFT will say "Microsoft doesn't comment on rumors". But in this instance Spencer answered this tweet with a resounding "No." Now if people want to speculate I'm cool with that. But the official word from the corporation in question is no, this isn't true at this point.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#234 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

Well it looks like Phil put this to rest. Sorry if cows had wet dreams for a second there.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 QuadKnight

@Shewgenja said:

@quadknight: Just curious, where did the Pro end up on 2016s best seller list?

It ended up at #46

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

I don't know if he's a good source or not. All I know is typically MSFT will say "Microsoft doesn't comment on rumors". But in this instance Spencer answered this tweet with a resounding "No." Now if people want to speculate I'm cool with that. But the official word from the corporation in question is no, this isn't true at this point.

:P Well, it's not like I expect them to admit they are getting budget cuts at the eve of a new console launch. That would be disastrous if they confirmed it. XboneX needs every bit of good news it can get now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 cainetao11

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

:P Well, it's not like I expect them to admit they are getting budget cuts at the eve of a new console launch. That would be disastrous if they confirmed it. XboneX needs every bit of good news it can get now.

LOL I love you bro

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 QuadKnight

@cainetao11: XD Likewise. Never change my lem friend.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 cainetao11
Loading Video...

Been debunked

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Shewgenja

@quadknight: Then it looks like we have the line in the sand come January. Console Wars are afoot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Yes he was sounding to when he deny that Kinect would be taken out of the xbox one and sold separately and the XBO would drop to $399 on 2014,like rumors suggested before the xbox one even launch.

That is HIS job damage control any possible situation,but what the hell some lemmings even believe that MS has bete games game line up ever so is ok if you fall for MS damage control.

Just look at the facts.

1-Cancel games all around like 4 already.

2-Developer of some of those games complain MS withheld payment from them.

3-MS didn't announce new games on E3 like it always does,using as excuse not wanting to show games in advance,which is a joke since MS games this gen are taking way longer to come out than PS4 ones.

Crackdown 3 will be close to 4 years next year dude.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 cainetao11

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Yes he was sounding to when he deny that Kinect would be taken out of the xbox one and sold separately and the XBO would drop to $399 on 2014,like rumors suggested before the xbox one even launch.

That is HIS job damage control any possible situation,but what the hell some lemmings even believe that MS has bete games game line up ever so is ok if you fall for MS damage control.

Just look at the facts.

1-Cancel games all around like 4 already.

2-Developer of some of those games complain MS withheld payment from them.

3-MS didn't announce new games on E3 like it always does,using as excuse not wanting to show games in advance,which is a joke since MS games this gen are taking way longer to come out than PS4 ones.

Crackdown 3 will be close to 4 years next year dude.

So what are you suggesting then? We all believe this nobody from twitter? Has Sony never gone back on things? Remember when Rumble was so last gen?

I own stock in these companies and Xbox never had a blank check. According to the annual reports I have gotten there is always a listed budget for devices. Should I not believe those for the last 13 years now?

Where is Deeep Down, AGENT among other games? Sony has cancelled games, so what? Do you think games wont get cancelled ever again?

So what if Crackdown 3 is gonna be 4 years next year? We waited 9 years for the Last Guardian.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

So what are you suggesting then? We all believe this nobody from twitter? Has Sony never gone back on things? Remember when Rumble was so last gen?

I own stock in these companies and Xbox never had a blank check. According to the annual reports I have gotten there is always a listed budget for devices. Should I not believe those for the last 13 years now?

Where is Deeep Down, AGENT among other games? Sony has cancelled games, so what? Do you think games wont get cancelled ever again?

So what if Crackdown 3 is gonna be 4 years next year? We waited 9 years for the Last Guardian.

Look at it this way that nobody from twitter has more credibility than Phil Spencer,and i can quote more bullshit out of him if you want me to,sony would have done the same,or you believe that shitty excuse they give to block cross platform play? They block it because they have the upper hand sure it sucks and i think Sony should allow it but then again MS did the same so i understand their refusal.

Oh really show it to use because MS hid even from investors losses related to the xbox one,in fact it was accuse of using android patents to cover holes on the xbox and joining departments is also a way to hide losses.

Deepdown is not a sony owned game it was a CAPCOM game,published by capcom and develop by capcom with the help of sony,unlike Scalebound,fable,and several other that MS owned the IP.

No you waited 1 years for the last guardian on PS4 not 9,when TLG was announced it was for PS3,the game was never announce for PS4 at all the PS4 didn't exist,in fact the game was even rumor to be cancel,and was unveil as coming to PS4 and re introduce in 2015.

So no you did not wait freaking 9 years for TLG on PS4 which is not even 4 years old,you can hold tied to the PS3 time it serve you for nothing.

Crackdown 3 will have 4 years on development next year on xbox one,not xbox 360 then move.

BY the way Agent is a ROCKSTAR game not a sony game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 cainetao11

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Look at it this way that nobody from twitter has more credibility than Phil Spencer,and i can quote more bullshit out of him if you want me to,sony would have done the same,or you believe that shitty excuse they give to block cross platform play? They block it because they have the upper hand sure it sucks and i think Sony should allow it but then again MS did the same so i understand their refusal.

Oh really show it to use because MS hid even from investors losses related to the xbox one,in fact it was accuse of using android patents to cover holes on the xbox and joining departments is also a way to hide losses.

Deepdown is not a sony owned game it was a CAPCOM game,published by capcom and develop by capcom with the help of sony,unlike Scalebound,fable,and several other that MS owned the IP.

No you waited 1 years for the last guardian on PS4 not 9,when TLG was announced it was for PS3,the game was never announce for PS4 at all the PS4 didn't exist,in fact the game was even rumor to be cancel,and was unveil as coming to PS4 and re introduce in 2015.

So no you did not wait freaking 9 years for TLG on PS4 which is not even 4 years old,you can hold tied to the PS3 time it serve you for nothing.

Crackdown 3 will have 4 years on development next year on xbox one,not xbox 360 then move.

BY the way Agent is a ROCKSTAR game not a sony game.

Show it to you? 13 years of physical annual reports? Blow me dude. They have my personal investment account number and information on them. Why waste my time? You don't know shit about this stuff.

Nobody is saying corporate people do not lie. But the issue here is: YOU HATE XBOX AND LOVE SONY. So of course you are going to believe the guy with no credibility on twitter. It fits your agenda dude. The bottom line is the only official word out there from the corporation is a "NO" its not true from a MSFT executive.

Scalebound wasn't an MS game then. It was a platinum game. Agent wasn't announced by Rockstar, it was announced exclusive for PS3 at a Sony press conference. What happened to it?

LMAO The Last Guardian was waited for years dude. You trying to make a change in console means it no longer means they fucking made people wait for close to a decade? God you love sucking Sony's DICK https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-explains-long-wait-for-the-last-guardian-and-/1100-6428391/

It happened. They took longer than Crackdown 3 at this point. Your point is invalid.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

Show it to you? 13 years of physical annual reports? Blow me dude. They have my personal investment account number and information on them. Why waste my time? You don't know shit about this stuff.

Nobody is saying corporate people do not lie. But the issue here is: YOU HATE XBOX AND LOVE SONY. So of course you are going to believe the guy with no credibility on twitter. It fits your agenda dude. The bottom line is the only official word out there from the corporation is a "NO" its not true from a MSFT executive.

Scalebound wasn't an MS game then. It was a platinum game. Agent wasn't announced by Rockstar, it was announced exclusive for PS3 at a Sony press conference. What happened to it?

LMAO The Last Guardian was waited for years dude. You trying to make a change in console means it no longer means they fucking made people wait for close to a decade? God you love sucking Sony's DICK https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-explains-long-wait-for-the-last-guardian-and-/1100-6428391/

It happened. They took longer than Crackdown 3 at this point. Your point is invalid.

MS lies and i just proved.

So he has no credibility Prove it... Go ahead because he has been a leaker of sales and financial crap for some time now,even the guy from windows central admits Daniel will not invent something like that,just because you don't know who he is doesn't make him unreliable,in fact most of the bad rumors about the xbox one has been deny and damage control by lemmings so stop crying and claiming i am a PS fanboy because you are an xbox one fanboy and you just believe a liar who is pay to lie and damage control bad situation on xbox that is HIS JOB.

Scalebound IP is owned by MS which is why the game isn't coming to PS4 nice try.

Current Trademark Owners

Party NameMicrosoft Corporation

https://trademarks.justia.com/864/58/scalebound-86458061.html

You were saying?

Agent is an upcoming stealthactionvideo game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. In July 2007, Sony announced that Rockstar Games was working on a new exclusive game for PlayStation 3,[1] but details of the project, including its title, were not announced until June 2009 during the Sony press conference at E3.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_(video_game)

You are feet dragging bro the game was never owned by Sony it was a Rockstart game,the patent is registered to take2 dude.

The project went on so many technical changes. We decided to move the project to PS4 in 2012, but because the PS3 code was so optimised for SPUs on that console lots of code had to be thrown away and rebuilt.

From your own link,the game had on development on PS4 for 4 years,and the game was revealed to be moved from PS3 to PS4 in 2015.

The game was moved from PS3 to PS4 which was the problem,it didn't take 9 years the game never came on PS3,and the game was never slated for PS4.

So no unless you prove to me that TLG was slated for PS4 since it was first announce you have nothing.

The PS3 game you know as TLG was cancel and move to another platform.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By cainetao11

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

So he has no credibility Prove it... Go ahead because he has been a leaker of sales and financial crap for some time now,even the guy from windows central admits Daniel will not invent something like that,just because you don't know who he is doesn't make him unreliable,in fact most of the bad rumors about the xbox one has been deny and damage control by lemmings so stop crying and claiming i am a PS fanboy because you are an xbox one fanboy and you just believe a liar who is pay to lie and damage control bad situation on xbox that is HIS JOB.

Scalebound IP is owned by MS which is why the game isn't coming to PS4 nice try.

Current Trademark Owners

You were saying?

Agent is an upcoming stealthactionvideo game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. In July 2007, Sony announced that Rockstar Games was working on a new exclusive game for PlayStation 3,[1] but details of the project, including its title, were not announced until June 2009 during the Sony press conference at E3.[2]

You are feet dragging bro the game was never owned by Sony it was a Rockstart game,the patent is registered to take2 dude.

The project went on so many technical changes. We decided to move the project to PS4 in 2012, but because the PS3 code was so optimised for SPUs on that console lots of code had to be thrown away and rebuilt.

From your own link,the game had on development on PS4 for 4 years,and the game was revealed to be moved from PS3 to PS4 in 2015.

The game was moved from PS3 to PS4 which was the problem,it didn't take 9 years the game never came on PS3,and the game was never slated for PS4.

So no unless you prove to me that TLG was slated for PS4 since it was first announce you have nothing.

Are you saying Sony never ever lied? We've been on this forum and I can only speak for myself, on this planet long enough to know that human beings LIE.

LMAO spin spin spin fanboy. Sony announced a game, and it didn't get released until 9 years later. Nobody cares why. It didn't come out until NINE YEARS AFTER ANNOUNCEMENT.

Sony has cancelled games. Games get cancelled, its a business. Author's begin novels and never finish them, movies get written as screenplays and never get made or released. WHY ARE YOU STILL STUCK ON SCALEBOUND? Am I supposed to not like my Xbox because you cant get over the fact that it got cancelled?

Am I supposed to not hope Crackdown 3 is fun to play next year because it will be in development for 4 years? I don't understand what you think you are proving.

Loading Video...

I don't care if Sony owned it or not. It was an exclusive that disappeared. Why didn't Sony tell any of us what happened to it? They were happy to announce it, why not at least tell people what happened to it? I know why. Because that's fucking life. People let you down sometimes. It happens get over it.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Current Trademark Owners

You were saying?

Are you saying Sony never ever lied? We've been on this forum and I can only speak for myself, on this planet long enough to know that human beings LIE.

Sony has cancelled games. Games get cancelled, its a business. Author's begin novels and never finish them, movies get written as screenplays and never get made or released. WHY ARE YOU STILL STUCK ON SCALEBOUND? Am I supposed to not like my Xbox because you cant get over the fact that it got cancelled?

Am I supposed to not hope Crackdown 3 is fun to play next year because it will be in development for 4 years? I don't understand what you think you are proving.

I don't care if Sony owned it or not. It was an exclusive that disappeared. Why didn't Sony tell any of us what happened to it? They were happy to announce it, why not at least tell people what happened to it? I know why. Because that's fucking life. People let you down sometimes. It happens get over it.

$ONY NEVER LIES!! - cows

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 cainetao11

@FLOPPAGE_50: Dude I don't know what the point is anymore. Am I supposed to stop liking what I like because human beings lie? There is no proof Xbox ever had a blank check, in fact in years past Cows would argue they definitely didn't because if they did they would open more first party studios. Now some nobody on twitter makes a claim the blank check is gone and its the truth?

I know Spencer, Kutaragi, Hirai, Mattrick, my father, my neighbor, myself, basically every person has lied at some point in their lives. What the fvck is the point? Shit happens, people let you down, the planet lets you down sometimes. Should we all just stop liking what we like and let another person's preferences be our life?

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

I have a feeling this has been a case for a while now. The division really blew their goodwill with the company on the launch with things like a $500 million dollar licensed NFL fantasy football app, something like that could have funded lots of third party exclusives. Same could be said for the $2 billion acquisition for Minecraft and its developer, that kind of money could have produced an onslaught of exclusives for its platform, and though it's arguable that the acquisition is profitable, it didn't bring about any exclusive to their platform, and again, took from resources that could have provided that to them. Curious though if this is supposed to be a new revelation or not.

I can definitely see the company worried right now since XB1 sales are down, but I suspect much of this latest drop mostly has to do with the XB1X wait. Same thing happened to Sony last year, we saw a drop in sales in anticipation of the Pro. Didn't seem to matter that now the Pro only accounts for 1/5 of total PS4 sales, I think people want to wait and see and weigh their options.

Nope PS4 sales were never that low like Xbox is and Sony was phasing out the old model remember? While MS dropped the price of the old Xbox One and released the XBOS. Then the PS4 sales fell during the summer. Xbox sales have been very low for the last 8 months. Why would the XBOX cause an 8 month slump when it didn't even have a release date and people knew about it before the XBOS released?