Metroid Prime 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] I just want them to do F-Zero. Or like another poster said, a Star Fox :cry:charizard1605

Star fox is probably dead now, sadly. At least for a long time.

Maybe F-Zero is too for all I know. GX kind of bombed at retail, it seems Ninty doesn't want to take risks with those franchises anymore.

If anything a new F-Zero is more likely, since it's been much longer since the last F-Zero game.

The Gameboy Advance games sold quite a fair bit, didn't they? I'm sure they'd be willing to give it another show on the 3DS at least. As for Star Fox, I hope that if it's dead, it's dead like Metroid was after Super Metroid, and that it returns the same way Metroid did.

I didn't even know there was an F-Zero game for the GBA :P

I too hope that Starfox is just resting, and not down for the count. :( I would buy a traditional Star fox game with excellent graphics day 1.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

Enlighten me :o I've just been changing them manually every morning!!

mmmwksil

This is one I found on Google, but I can't attest to how good it is. It changes between the images you give it every time a post page refreshes.

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com

Thanks for that, DL! I'm currently field testing it as we speak... but I'm only getting one image on my end. Let me poke around some more...

Yah, I'm only seeing one image, too. Keep messing with it, I guess.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] This is one I found on Google, but I can't attest to how good it is. It changes between the images you give it every time a post page refreshes.

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com

DarkLink77

Thanks for that, DL! I'm currently field testing it as we speak... but I'm only getting one image on my end. Let me poke around some more...

No, wait! It works :o

For some reason, you must hit refresh... otherwise the image doesn't change if you leave the thread and come back in via the new posts link. Odd, but it works :o

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#154 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

Star fox is probably dead now, sadly. At least for a long time.

Maybe F-Zero is too for all I know. GX kind of bombed at retail, it seems Ninty doesn't want to take risks with those franchises anymore.

If anything a new F-Zero is more likely, since it's been much longer since the last F-Zero game.

theuncharted34

The Gameboy Advance games sold quite a fair bit, didn't they? I'm sure they'd be willing to give it another show on the 3DS at least. As for Star Fox, I hope that if it's dead, it's dead like Metroid was after Super Metroid, and that it returns the same way Metroid did.

I didn't even know there was an F-Zero game for the GBA :P

I too hope that Starfox is just resting, and not down for the count. :( I would buy a traditional Star fox game with excellent graphics day 1.

There were two, weren't there? One was a launch title. They did rather well for themselves, so there is still hope for the franchise. And we can hope that Star Fox 64 3D does well enough that Nintendo doesn't ditch the franchise.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

mmmwksil

For some reason, you must hit refresh... otherwise the image doesn't change if you leave the thread and come back in via the new posts link. Odd, but it works :o

Maybe you should try a different one then. :P
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Yah, I'm only seeing one image, too. Keep messing with it, I guess.DarkLink77

Meh, I'm satisfied :lol: Anyone curious enough to want to see others can hit that refresh button. Thanks for the enlightenment, DL!

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

To be honest, I'd be happy if they did remastered the Metroid Prime Series (1, 2, and 3)so that it had all updated textures, special effects, increased polygon count, widescreen, 1080p, and full surround sound while using the wii remote scheme from MP3, but released for the WiiU.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

To be honest, I'd be happy if they did remastered the Metroid Prime Series (1, 2, and 3)so that it had all updated textures, special effects, increased polygon count, widescreen, 1080p, and full surround sound while using the wii remote scheme from MP3, but released for the WiiU.

Phazevariance
They just re-released the MP Trilogy remastered, I highly doubt they'll do it again so soon.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 DarkLink77

mmmwksil

Meh, I'm satisfied :lol: Anyone curious enough to want to see others can hit that refresh button. Thanks for the enlightenment, DL!

No problem. I thought it was a shame you could only have one up at a time! :P
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Maybe you should try a different one then. :PDarkLink77

Actually, let me tell you, it's better to use this one. It allows me to use as many images as I'd like, where a few others I sampled just now limits it. And since I'm constantly making more (there are 19 as of now), I can add them as I make them.

So again, thanks a bunch! ;)

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#161 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I would love the idea of Metroid Prime 4 on Wii U. Scanning with the controller would be pretty awesome and easily accessible . :)
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 DarkLink77

mmmwksil

Actually, let me tell you, it's better to use this one. It allows me to use as many images as I'd like, where a few others I sampled just now limits it. And since I'm constantly making more (there are 19 as of now), I can add them as I make them.

So again, thanks a bunch! ;)

There's 19? :shock: Jesus. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
I would love the idea of Metroid Prime 4 on Wii U. Scanning with the controller would be pretty awesome and easily accessible . :)bbkkristian
I hadn't thought of that!
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#164 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts
I would love the idea of Metroid Prime 4 on Wii U. Scanning with the controller would be pretty awesome and easily accessible . :)bbkkristian
That's exactly what I was gonna post. Seems like a no brainer to make a MP4 for Wii U with features like tablet scanning.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#165 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Prime 3 was kind of lame compared to the other two, but Prime 2 is incredible.

Corruption was great (minus the dialogue) up until the point on the Pirate Homeworld where it goes full-on Halo. Which is a good 80% of the game. It kind of makes me wonder what would have happened had it been a Wii launch title, and not pushed back to give it wider appeal. The makings of a game better than both Prime and Echoes combined was there, it was just fumbled around with too long. Some of the combat ideas in Corruption (especially the grapple lasso and its secondary functions) were incredibly creative. It didn't help the boss fights were very lacklustre.
They just re-released the MP Trilogy remastered, I highly doubt they'll do it again so soon.charizard1605
An HD Trilogy re-release would cost nothing compared to a brand new, HD game built from the ground up. And if made to the pedigree of Prime and Echoes with the same niche appeal, would be a commercial disaster. Honestly, I'd rather see an HD re-release at this point... because Retro should be focusing on expanding their repertoire, rather than making more Metroid (even though they have proven they are the prefect ones to carry the torch). Prime and Echoes are already great enough, and should be given more chances to bring revenue for Nintendo.
Giant_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Giant_Panda
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

Metroid Prime 1 IS the best game ever made (afaik). Prime 2 wasn't as good but still not bad. I'd love a Prime 4. Make the world larger and more open, add more destruction, implement some stealth gameplay perhaps, it could be so good. That would be the ONLY game I'd consider getting a Wii-U for currently.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 foxhound_fox
Prime 2 wasn't as good but still not bad. Giant_Panda
Aside from atmosphere, Echoes was by far a better game than Prime. It took the series in a whole new direction, and was better off for it. I've played Prime probably twice as many times as I've played Echoes, and enjoy Prime quite a bit more (probably due to the similarities it shares with Super, and the focus on the Chozo)... but everything about Echoes was an improvement over Prime. Especially the boss fights.
Giant_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Giant_Panda
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]Prime 2 wasn't as good but still not bad. foxhound_fox
Aside from atmosphere, Echoes was by far a better game than Prime. It took the series in a whole new direction, and was better off for it. I've played Prime probably twice as many times as I've played Echoes, and enjoy Prime quite a bit more (probably due to the similarities it shares with Super, and the focus on the Chozo)... but everything about Echoes was an improvement over Prime. Especially the boss fights.

The light and dark worlds were a cool idea but I felt the combat and atmosphere were a let down compared to Prime.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

[QUOTE="Giant_Panda"]Prime 2 wasn't as good but still not bad. foxhound_fox

I still like the original Prime a bit more than Echoes, but Echoes honestly got better for me every time I replayed it. Extremely well-crafted. It was complex and rewarding. I must agree on the boss fights- Quadraxis and Emperor Ing, now those are some great boss battles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Honestly, the LACK of a real check point system really REALLY killed the game and the series for me.

I could live with the back tracking, wondering around aimlessly and respawning enemies, but the lack of a real check point or save anywhere system totally destroyed the pacing of what could have been, to me at least, a phenominal single player immersive experience.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#171 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

I'd rather have Team Ninja make another one. Other M's faults were largely not their fault.

DarkLink77
Please no. I hated the fact monsters didn't drop health packs, missile packs or anything like that. Having to hide and recharge your HP while you are dying isn't fun.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#172 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

I'd rather have Team Ninja make another one. Other M's faults were largely not their fault.

Miroku32

Please no. I hated the fact monsters didn't drop health packs, missile packs or anything like that. Having to hide and recharge your HP while you are dying isn't fun.

Agreed. Having to rush to a save station when you're far away sucks.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Let's see.

Metroid Prime game, took ~3 years to develop, sells for 500-1500k.

DKCR, took ~2 years to develop, sells for 5 million.

Nintendo, in the 3DS+Wii U era, needs to be effective in order to maintain an acceptable games/year ratio, as it requires way more resources (which they have little of; 200 people altogether have worked on Zelda spanning 25 years while the AC team has around 500 employees)

Horrible business move to let Retro work on Prime 4 from Nintendo.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 foxhound_fox
The light and dark worlds were a cool idea but I felt the combat and atmosphere were a let down compared to Prime.Giant_Panda
There is a lot more to Echoes than just the light/dark forms of Aether. - The concept of being in Dark Aether (until one gets the Light Suit) outside light beacons was an especially suffocating gameplay element that forced you to sacrifice protection in favour of mobility. - The light/dark beam weapons with ammo added greater strategy to the combat, making one have to sacrifice attack power in order to conserve ammo. Also the light beam "supercharging" the crystal beacons being extremely useful against powerful Ing. - The item Guardians were highly challenging bosses compared with those in Prime (aside from the Omega Pirate and Metroid Prime), and the temple bosses were in another league entirely. - The "hard mode" was actually hard, and required incredible skill to get through (I'm still not done it). - Dark Samus was a perfect antagonist. - The items were much more well-hidden. - Shifting between worlds added new complexity to the puzzles. - The Echo Visor was much more creatively used than either the Thermal or X-Ray visors (all of which were incredibly underused either way). It is fine if you didn't enjoy it as much as Prime (I didn't either), but the depth of the combat, along with the difficulty and suffocating darkness on Dark Aether was well beyond Prime. Not to mention, the enemy design, especially that of the Space Pirates, was the most menacing, intimidating and frightening the series has seen to date. I could easily see Echoes causing nightmares. It was an incredibly dark game. Especially in tone.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Honestly, the LACK of a real check point system really REALLY killed the game and the series for me.

I could live with the back tracking, wondering around aimlessly and respawning enemies, but the lack of a real check point or save anywhere system totally destroyed the pacing of what could have been, to me at least, a phenominal single player immersive experience.

KingsofQueens

They are Metroidvanias (niche genre, probably why you dislike the games) and Other M is an action paced, story-driven, linear TPS with Metroid elements, which is as close as it gets to checkpoint based.

You could've used the hint system and with some general gaming experience you can easily maintain a high pace in Prime 1+3, they are straightforward, 2 is a cluster**** though. Getting used to the 3D map is also very helpful.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

^ Dark Aether really feels like somewhere you really don't want to be. I never finished Echoes on Hard, either. I hated going to Dark Lower Torvus. Still do- that place is suffocating. But it just shows how good Retro is at atmosphere.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#177 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Sakamoto has been very clear that he does not consider the prime games to be canon. They are a side franchise. Games like Fusion and Other M are the future of metroid.

flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts

They should just branch out the Metroid franchise like what the Halo series did. I'm getting sick of Samus and the lone gunman type persona. They should make a game about the galactic feds or Prime Hunters 2 without Samus.

Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

I personally think Metroid: other M was a good game, no need to dis it.

As for Metroid prime 4, I too would like to see Retro Studios work with Ninty on this one. The graphical layouts in HD on a metroid game= jaw dropping slobber with joy on new wii u controller lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
I think this would be a good opportunity to do a remake of Metroid II for the 3DS or do it as a full title for the future Wii-U Shop. I just can not play Metroid II as it is on the Gameboy but I see potential for it to be a beautiful return to 2D game. I love the Prime games, even Corruption but I think that having change ups like Other M and a return to the series roots in a remake would be most welcome now.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#181 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Sakamoto has been very clear that he does not consider the prime games to be canon. They are a side franchise. Games like Fusion and Other M are the future of metroid.

goblaa

Um no, he's not made it "very clear". But, you got to give credit to the fanboys for really twisting his words around just so they can say he's made it very clear.

The internet never ceases to amaze!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

FrozenLiquid

Um no, he's not made it "very clear". But, you got to give credit to the fanboys for really twisting his words around just so they can say he's made it very clear.

Sakamoto made it clear that the Prime games ARE part of the canon. That's why he made a game AFTER Super Metroid (and therefore after the Prime games). He just said he doesn't like the Prime styIe of gameplay much.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
There will be no metroid prime 4 since the MP trilogy ended. And Other M was awesome, the hate is not justified. Nothing wrong for it being new
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="forgot_it"][QUOTE="Timstuff"]Nintendo gave Sakamoto in charge of being Nintendo Japan's supervisor for Metroid Prime 3, and it was considered the weakest of the trilogy because of his interference and generally misguided ideas about the Metroid franchise. Then, they let him produce Metroid Other M, and at least half the fanbase hated it and wanted him gone.Timstuff

Sakamoto supervised all of the Prime games and directed Super, Fusion and Zero Mission.

Directing in video games does not mean the same thing it does in movies. The closest equivalent would be the role of producer, since the game business model is based off of that of the record industry. Directing is a fairly small role compared to that of producer, and many games have more than one director. Sakamoto was not a producer on any of the Metroid Prime games-- Nintendo essentially made him the "metroid pope" and put him in charge of story approval, but he did not have as much power with the first two games as he did with Metroid Prime 3 (in Prime 3, he vetoed a proposed bounty hunting mechanic because he claimed it was "inappropriate" for Samus's character-- even though Samus is a bounty hunter).

Miyamoto was the Nintendo Japan producer for the first two games, and many speculate that Sakamoto was resentful of it since Miyamoto was not part of the original Metroid team, and Sakamoto felt that he should have been given Miyamoto's position since he was one of the artists who worked on the first game and directed Super Metroid (but I reiterate, he was not the producer). Thus, when Miyamoto stepped back, Sakamoto stepped in and set about trying to put his own stamp on the Metroid franchise and distancing it from Miyamoto's contributions, and by extension, Retro's. When Nintendo actually gave Sakamoto the greenlight to produce and direct a Metroid game for consoles, he gave us Other M, and much fanrage ensued.

Lol@ the fan rage Other M was an excellent, sorry if the game was trying go be different
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I wouldn't mind a metroid prime 4 or has been shown a super metroid remake.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#186 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

charizard1605

Sakamoto made it clear that the Prime games ARE part of the canon. That's why he made a game AFTER Super Metroid (and therefore after the Prime games). He just said he doesn't like the Prime styIe of gameplay much.

Considering Japan's distaste for first person games, it's understandable.

That does beg the question: if the Metroid series has only really been successful in the United States, should Nintendo just hand the franchise over to Western devs a la Retro?

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#187 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Here's a video that sums up Metroid: Other M's story pretty effectively, if you use your imagination a little. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

See? I saved you the $10 it would cost to grab a used copy of Other M. :lol:

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 LastRambo341

Here's a video that sums up Metroid: Other M's story pretty effectively, if you use your imagination a little. ;)

Timstuff
Glad I payed the full price ;), incredible game
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
There will be no metroid prime 4 since the MP trilogy ended. And Other M was awesome, the hate is not justified. Nothing wrong for it being newLastRambo341
Could be alot more intresting with Wii-U Tablet, No need to swap between Views. MoM was fun game.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#190 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I would like both a Metroidd Prime 4 and Other M 2.

I loved the look and atmosphere of ythe Prime game,s so to have one on the Wii U on a HD TV would be amazing. Plus if the game was as good as Metroid Prime 1 and 2, it would be an amazing experience. After that though I'd like to see Nintendo go back to a 2D experience like Super Metroid again.

I loved the conmbat of Other M and would love another game with it. Just take away the pixel hunts, have it so the "fight" with the main antagonist of the game isn't a f***ing pixel hunt, and make it so Samus's Gravity suit (or whatever suit or suits she gets) changes color, and it will be perfect.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 foxhound_fox

Timstuff

I would have been satisfied paying $40 for the game had I not borrowed it. It was better than a lot of games I've played this gen. Another one of those games I'd rate 8.5 despite being hated by a lot of others.

Weren't you one of the people asking for Samus to get a characterized personality and the series to take a step in a new direction?

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#192 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I thought this was an announcment of Metroid Prime 4. :P

In all seriousnessthough I would love for Retro Studios to make a fourth one with HD graphics naturally, even more expansive and larger variety of levels, new weapons. You know, all that good stuff.

And NO MP!That mode is poisonous to core FPSs. I'm sick of seeing FPSs have medicore/below average SP and medicore/below average MP. If they develop another one, don't do any MP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]There will be no metroid prime 4 since the MP trilogy ended. And Other M was awesome, the hate is not justified. Nothing wrong for it being new

Prime 3 pretty much ends on a cliffhanger though, so there is scope for a Prime 4. Even if the core Prime trilogy has ended, one can argue that a new set of first person Metroid games can be developed at some other point in the timeline. Maybe after Fusion?
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]There will be no metroid prime 4 since the MP trilogy ended. And Other M was awesome, the hate is not justified. Nothing wrong for it being newcharizard1605
Prime 3 pretty much ends on a cliffhanger though, so there is scope for a Prime 4. Even if the core Prime trilogy has ended, one can argue that a new set of first person Metroid games can be developed at some other point in the timeline. Maybe after Fusion?

No way, charizard. That spot in the timeline is reserved for the fabled Metroid Dread.

Or perhaps Another M... ;)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 foxhound_fox
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Prime 3 pretty much ends on a cliffhanger though, so there is scope for a Prime 4. Even if the core Prime trilogy has ended, one can argue that a new set of first person Metroid games can be developed at some other point in the timeline. Maybe after Fusion?

What cliff hanger? [spoiler] Phaaze, the source of Phazon, was destroyed. [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] What cliff hanger?

Well, have you seen the true ending?

No way, charizard. That spot in the timeline is reserved for the fabled Metroid Dread.

mmmwksil
Pfft, give me Prime 4 anyday
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#197 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

foxhound_fox

I would have been satisfied paying $40 for the game had I not borrowed it. It was better than a lot of games I've played this gen. Another one of those games I'd rate 8.5 despite being hated by a lot of others.

Weren't you one of the people asking for Samus to get a characterized personality and the series to take a step in a new direction?

I never really asked for Samus to have new personality. The only real change in direction I advocated was that I wanted the games to be darker, adopt a more standard control setup without the archaic lock-on, and possibly go for an M rating. I loved the fact that they kept the gameplay exploration-based though, and I loved that they kept Samus's characterization fairly minimalist. I think you are probably thinking of statements I've made previously about the Zelda franchise, and even in those I have not really pushed much for Link to talk either (even though I do fully support giving voice acting to the NPCs).

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

charizard1605

Have you no faith in Dread :o Now that the DS is old news, a traditional Metroid game on 3DS seems to be the best course of action.

Mawy_Golomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Mawy_Golomb
Member since 2008 • 1047 Posts
I remember retro studios said that they are taking a break from metriod series, I don't mind they do another one but its up to them to do whatever they want like reviving one of the nintendo franchises or make a their own ip. I enjoy MP2 more than the first one because MP2 is the hardest of all.Enforcedspot
I know that the MP games received a lot of critical praise, but Nintendo is so lacking in the new IP department. Even if Nintendo has many franchises to play around with, it should still take some risks here and there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

mmmwksil

Have you no faith in Dread :o Now that the DS is old news, a traditional Metroid game on 3DS seems to be the best course of action.

Oh no, I'd love a Metroid Dread. It's just that I would a Metroid Prime even better ;)