Metroid Prime 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#201 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Well, have you seen the true ending?charizard1605

The one that ties in Hunters?

I never really asked for Samus to have new personality. The only real change in direction I advocated was that I wanted the games to be darker, adopt a more standard control setup without the archaic lock-on, and possibly go for an M rating. I loved the fact that they kept the gameplay exploration-based though, and I loved that they kept Samus's characterization fairly minimalist. I think you are probably thinking of statements I've made previously about the Zelda franchise, and even in those I have not really pushed much for Link to talk either (even though I do fully support giving voice acting to the NPCs).

Timstuff

What is archaic about lock-on? They are trying to make a first-person action adventure with the Prime games... not shooters. And Samus' Chozo Power Suit is extremely advanced technology, with things that make aiming easier.

Oh please. Mature games don't need to be rated M.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#202 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]There will be no metroid prime 4 since the MP trilogy ended. And Other M was awesome, the hate is not justified. Nothing wrong for it being newcharizard1605
Prime 3 pretty much ends on a cliffhanger though, so there is scope for a Prime 4. Even if the core Prime trilogy has ended, one can argue that a new set of first person Metroid games can be developed at some other point in the timeline. Maybe after Fusion?

No way, charizard. That spot in the timeline is reserved for the fabled Metroid Dread.

Or perhaps Another M... ;)

And that's why Suckamoto needs to be booted from the franchise. No matter how you slice it, Retro is far more deserving of making the next numbered Metroid game, whereas Suckamoto bears the shameful distinction of having made the worst selling, worst reviewed Metroid game ever released on a home console-- not to mention that it has been a HUGE source of division amongst fans. Nintendo would be better off canceling the Metroid franchise entirely than making another game like Other M, and I think now that Sakamoto has shown what he wants to do to Metroid when he doesn't have a leash on, Nintendo will think twice before ever letting him mess with it again. Ever since Super Metroid, at best he's been a hinderence to the developers who actually know what they're doing, and at worst he's been a leech sucking the life out of the franchise.

And even though I think Zero Mission is an alright game, why the F did Sakamoto think that Metroid 1 needed to be remade for the GBA? Super Metroid was already largely a remake of Metroid 1, and it's a much better game than Zero Mission so I don't get why they didn't just port it to the GBA. Some people have actually speculated that Sakamoto wanted "his" version of Metroid 1 to be "canon," and that's why he remade it even though it was unneccesary. I honestly don't know what he was thinking, but at any rate he missed a good opportunity to re-release one of the SNES's classics on a system it would have made for, and instead released a very redundant game that no-one was really asking for. Then, he went and made what IMO is the worse Metroid game of all time (Other M), which continued the trend of recycling old ideas (ship that has artificial environments for keeping animals in activity, Samus having a CO who locks and unlocks the doors, etc.) while also introducing some very bad new ones (Samus's Bella Swan-esque personality, the constant unskippable cutscenes, the Ninja Gaiden-on-training-wheels combat, and more).

Sakamoto taking over the Metroid franchise is undoubtedly the worst thing to happen to it since the creator Gunpei Yokoi's tragic death in a car accident in the 1990s (God rest his soul). Just as the franchise's future was in doubt after his departure from Nintendo and untimely death, it's once again in doubt because someone who really has no business being in charge of it is acting like he owns it, and that he has no obligation to either the fans or the men who came before him to treat the franchise with dignity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#203 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Well, have you seen the true ending?foxhound_fox
The one that ties in Hunters?

The one with [spoiler] that spaceship stalking her through space. [/spoiler] It leaves scope for some kind of a future story.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 foxhound_fox
It leaves scope for some kind of a future story.charizard1605
Which has nothing to do with Phazon, the entire focus of the Prime trilogy. And it is speculated to be one of the other hunters from Hunters. If anything, it might have been made to leave the door open for a Hunters sequel.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 foxhound_fox
*Rage-rant*Timstuff
 You make it seem as if they are all horrible and poorly made games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]It leaves scope for some kind of a future story.foxhound_fox
Which has nothing to do with Phazon, the entire focus of the Prime trilogy. And it is speculated to be one of the other hunters from Hunters. If anything, it might have been made to leave the door open for a Hunters sequel.

Doesn't matter. Halo 3 concluded the main story arc for the Halo trilogy, but that didn't stop Microsoft from making a new trilogy, did it? My point is that even the slightest loose end at the end of your 'conclusion' demonstrates and indicates potential intent to return to the series. In Retro's case, maybe Prime 4 will follow directly from Prime 1-3. Or maybe they'll just make new Prime games set after Fusion.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 foxhound_fox

Doesn't matter. Halo 3 concluded the main story arc for the Halo trilogy, but that didn't stop Microsoft from making a new trilogy, did it? My point is that even the slightest loose end at the end of your 'conclusion' demonstrates and indicates potential intent to return to the series. In Retro's case, maybe Prime 4 will follow directly from Prime 1-3. Or maybe they'll just make new Prime games set after Fusion.charizard1605

Or they could take Other M and improve on it's already great formula and leave the Prime formula on the shelf for the next little while.

Or Metroid could get a "Driver: SF go-back-to-the-series-roots" reboot and just make Dread an HD 2D platformer for the U.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Timstuff

What is archaic about lock-on? They are trying to make a first-person action adventure with the Prime games... not shooters. And Samus' Chozo Power Suit is extremely advanced technology, with things that make aiming easier.

Oh please. Mature games don't need to be rated M.

foxhound_fox

It is frustrating to have to adjust back to the tank-like controls and lock on every time I go back to Metroid. Minecraft and Amnesia: The Dark Descent are not shooters either (the latter doesn't even let you use any weapons), but both of them use the standard first person controls simply because that is the best possible setup for a first person game. The reason Metroid Prime's setup exists was because the game had been released when FPS on consoles still hadn't quite caught on, and Miyamoto was afraid that people would have difficulty adapting to a more complex control scheme. We'e past that now, and I think that most of us would be just fine using two analog sticks to play a first person Metroid with no lock on (except for missiles).

I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic religiously, so I do not need a lecture about this. I think an M-rating is more appropriate for Metroid than a T rating due to the dark subject matter. It was inspired by a series of R-rated science fiction films, and I don't think anyone would try to say that Alien and Aliens would be as good if they were rated PG-13 instead of R. Metroid works as a T-rated game, but most of the fanbase are adults over the age of 18, and I think the franchise won't reach its full potential until Nintendo allows them to do things that would simply be to intense for a T-rated game. Metroid is the one franchise that Nintendo has that would be a good fit for an M-rated game, and if they're willing to give a linear, cutscene-driven Metroid game a try, I think it's only fair that they give a Metroid game aimed squarely at adults a try.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Doesn't matter. Halo 3 concluded the main story arc for the Halo trilogy, but that didn't stop Microsoft from making a new trilogy, did it? My point is that even the slightest loose end at the end of your 'conclusion' demonstrates and indicates potential intent to return to the series. In Retro's case, maybe Prime 4 will follow directly from Prime 1-3. Or maybe they'll just make new Prime games set after Fusion.

Or they could take Other M and improve on it's already great formula and leave the Prime formula on the shelf for the next little while.

They could. I'm just saying what I'd prefer personally.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 foxhound_fox

It is frustrating to have to adjust back to the tank-like controls and lock on every time I go back to Metroid. Minecraft and Amnesia: The Dark Descent are not shooters either (the latter doesn't even let you use any weapons), but both of them use the standard first person controls simply because that is the best possible setup for a first person game. The reason Metroid Prime's setup exists was because the game had been released when FPS on consoles still hadn't quite caught on, and Miyamoto was afraid that people would have difficulty adapting to a more complex control scheme. We'e past that now, and I think that most of us would be just fine using two analog sticks to play a first person Metroid with no lock on (except for missiles).

I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic religiously, so I do not need a lecture about this. I think an M-rating is more appropriate for Metroid than a T rating due to the dark subject matter. It was inspired by a series of R-rated science fiction films, and I don't think anyone would try to say that Alien and Aliens would be as good if they were rated PG-13 instead of R. Metroid works as a T-rated game, but most of the fanbase are adults over the age of 18, and I think the franchise won't reach its full potential until Nintendo allows them to do things that would simply be to intense for a T-rated game. Metroid is the one franchise that Nintendo has that would be a good fit for an M-rated game, and if they're willing to give a linear, cutscene-driven Metroid game a try, I think it's only fair that they give a Metroid game aimed squarely at adults a try.

Timstuff

Metroid Prime is not a FPS and doesn't need an FPS interface. Also, Wiimote IR controls in Corruption and Trilogy allow you to play without lock-on. Point moot.

Majora's Mask continues to disagree with the "M-rating = mature game" thing you've got going here. I don't want to play a Metroid game that has gratuitous violence, sex, nudity and language.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]*Rage-rant*foxhound_fox
 You make it seem as if they are all horrible and poorly made games.

Nope, just Other M. :P Although I do feel like Metroid: Zero Mission was a waste or resources since it had already been done much better 10 years prior in Super Metroid. I would rather have gotten a port of Super Metroid and another all-new installment instead of Zero Mission. Or, maybe a remake of Metroid 2 since that game is constantly being overlooked!
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 foxhound_fox
Or, maybe a remake of Metroid 2 since that game is constantly being overlooked!Timstuff
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#213 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
I felt each new entry was worse than the title before it. Leave it alone and do something new retro. Perhaps a true 2d metroid game without first person gimmicks or just the long rumored metroid dread..MFDOOM1983
first person = gimmick? whatever respect i could ever have for you in the future is now null.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#214 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]I felt each new entry was worse than the title before it. Leave it alone and do something new retro. Perhaps a true 2d metroid game without first person gimmicks or just the long rumored metroid dread..BrunoBRS
first person = gimmick? whatever respect i could ever have for you in the future is now null.

Oh no. You're really never going to respect him? I hope he can at least sleep tonight.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Timstuff

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

foxhound_fox

Metroid Prime is not a FPS and doesn't need an FPS interface. Also, Wiimote IR controls in Corruption and Trilogy allow you to play without lock-on. Point moot.

Majora's Mask continues to disagree with the "M-rating = mature game" thing you've got going here. I don't want to play a Metroid game that has gratuitous violence, sex, nudity and language.

So you claim that because there are very good games that are not rated M, that means games that are rated M are for immature man-children? Play one of these games:

These are some of the best games I have ever played, and they are not chock full of the "gratuitous violence, sex, nudity and language" that you claim are the definining attributes of M-rated games. These are simply games that are made for adults, and deal with themes that would not necessarily be appropriate for kids. You seem to have a very innacurate perception obout why people use the M-rating for some games, because you dismissed them entirely while citing Majora's Mask as supposed "proof" that Metroid should not be M-rated (and here's a free protip: why not point to the actual Metroid games?). You instantly jump to the conclusion that for Metroid to have an M-rating it would have to have tacked on gore, sex, and cussing, when that's not the case at all. It would simply be a Metroid game that does not have to pull any punches, and I think that is something that the Metroid fanbase would be quite pleased with.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

So you claim that because there are very good games that are not rated M, that means games that are rated M are for immature man-children? Play one of these games:

*games*

These are some of the best games I have ever played, and they are not chock full of the "gratuitous violence, sex, nudity and language" that you claim are the definining attributes of M-rated games. These are simply games that are made for adults, and deal with themes that would not necessarily be appropriate for kids. You seem to have a very innacurate perception obout why people use the M-rating for some games, because you dismissed them entirely while citing Majora's Mask as supposed "proof" that Metroid should not be M-rated (and here's a free protip: why not point to the actual Metroid games?). You instantly jump to the conclusion that for Metroid to have an M-rating it would have to have tacked on gore, sex, and cussing, when that's not the case at all. It would simply be a Metroid game that does not have to pull any punches, and I think that is something that the Metroid fanbase would be quite pleased with.

Timstuff

When has a Metroid gave ever pulled any punches? Everything they've ever wanted to get across in terms of atmosphere and story has been done so without the need for that M rating, and as such appeals to a much wider range of potential customers.

Making an M-rated Metroid game would only please some of the fanbase, but lock out many others that otherwise wouldn't be able to purchase the game.

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#217 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Charizard... If you value your life and your puppies', don't you e-v-e-r again make a thread making me falsely believe a new Metroid Prime game has been announced .... EVER!:evil:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 foxhound_fox
*game list*Timstuff
Had you mentioned games like Majora's Mask, ICO, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Cursed Mountain, Parasite Eve or Max Payne... I may have been more forgiving to your point. Condemned and Parasite Eve both have gratuitous violence and some sexuality, but they use it to set up an atmosphere that doesn't focus on it. Metal Gear Solid 3 gets almost childish at points when it comes to sexuality. And I don't know if we played the same RDR and ME2, but the former is incredibly violent (a lot of the time, for the sake of it) and ME2 uses quite a bit of gratuitous sexuality in its "romance" sub-plots. A game doesn't have to be M, or even T to explore mature themes. That is my point, and why I disagree with Metroid going the M route to make it "more mature."
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#219 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]*game list*foxhound_fox
Had you mentioned games like Majora's Mask, ICO, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Cursed Mountain, Parasite Eve or Max Payne... I may have been more forgiving to your point. Condemned and Parasite Eve both have gratuitous violence and some sexuality, but they use it to set up an atmosphere that doesn't focus on it. Metal Gear Solid 3 gets almost childish at points when it comes to sexuality. And I don't know if we played the same RDR and ME2, but the former is incredibly violent (a lot of the time, for the sake of it) and ME2 uses quite a bit of gratuitous sexuality in its "romance" sub-plots. A game doesn't have to be M, or even T to explore mature themes. That is my point, and why I disagree with Metroid going the M route to make it "more mature."

Cursed Mountain?! I got Lo0lz'd when i mentioned that game before lol.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 foxhound_fox
Cursed Mountain?! I got Lo0lz'd when i mentioned that game before lol.Dibdibdobdobo
Its some of the best integration and utilization of religion I've come across in gaming... and if it were not for the low budget, it could have been an outstanding game. Motion+ could have added a ton to the game too. I really enjoyed it.
mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Disappointing hearing that from you Charizard...The Prime games are among my favorite games of all time, but they are done. I would rather let a another talented developer take the series to a new direction, lets let the past go and move on.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#222 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Cursed Mountain?! I got Lo0lz'd when i mentioned that game before lol.foxhound_fox
Its some of the best integration and utilization of religion I've come across in gaming... and if it were not for the low budget, it could have been an outstanding game. Motion+ could have added a ton to the game too. I really enjoyed it.

Dont spoil it to much as i will play it later lol. It seems a intresting game and many of the reviews against where on about the controls which arent that bad thus far from what i've played. Only founding walking towards camera backwards annoying if that makes sense.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Timstuff

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]*game list*foxhound_fox

Half the games you mentioned are not even M-rated, and thus do not have any bearing on the point I was trying to make. My point was that you hastily dismissed all M-rated games as being childish, and I disagreed. You even mentioned a few in your own list, and I can guarantee you those games would not be as good as they were if they had to conform to a T-rating. Many games simply work better when they are not restricted by a T-rating, and I think Metroid is a franchise that would benefit from giving the developers more freedom in what kind of atmosphere they are allowed to create.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 foxhound_fox
Half the games you mentioned are not even M-rated, and thus do not have any bearing on the point I was trying to make. Timstuff
Which was my point, that a game can be mature without an M-rating. You decided that I was wrong and had to start arguing against the point I made. You are spiraling out of control here man, your arguments barely make any sense anymore.
My point was that you hastily dismissed all M-rated games as being childish, and I disagreed. You even mentioned a few in your own list, and I can guarantee you those games would not be as good as they were if they had to conform to a T-rating. Many games simply work better when they are not restricted by a T-rating, and I think Metroid is a franchise that would benefit from giving the developers more freedom in what kind of atmosphere they are allowed to create.Timstuff
"Restricted by a T-rating." Yeah... because Majora's Mask isn't one of the darkest and most depressing video games ever made. If you truly think Metroid would benefit from unrestricted violence, sexuality and language, then you are playing the series for the entirely wrong reasons. It is about exploration in a desolate world filled with hostile enemies. Not a crime-drama punctuated with boobies, hardcore sex, exploding heads and f-bombs every 5 seconds. Why not just play one of the many M-rated games out there and forget about Metroid? Or how about Geist and Eternal Darkness? Have you played those M-rated Nintendo games? Also, tell me what is so "mature" about RDR, MGS3 and ME2. And, try to include things that justify the M-rating, rather than just plot elements or character dialogue (minus coarse language).
FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

3DS needs a Metroid game. Like, now. Make it happen, Nintendo.

2D side-scroller, please :D

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Timstuff

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Half the games you mentioned are not even M-rated, and thus do not have any bearing on the point I was trying to make. foxhound_fox
Which was my point, that a game can be mature without an M-rating. You decided that I was wrong and had to start arguing against the point I made. You are spiraling out of control here man, your arguments barely make any sense anymore.
My point was that you hastily dismissed all M-rated games as being childish, and I disagreed. You even mentioned a few in your own list, and I can guarantee you those games would not be as good as they were if they had to conform to a T-rating. Many games simply work better when they are not restricted by a T-rating, and I think Metroid is a franchise that would benefit from giving the developers more freedom in what kind of atmosphere they are allowed to create.Timstuff
"Restricted by a T-rating." Yeah... because Majora's Mask isn't one of the darkest and most depressing video games ever made. If you truly think Metroid would benefit from unrestricted violence, sexuality and language, then you are playing the series for the entirely wrong reasons. It is about exploration in a desolate world filled with hostile enemies. Not a crime-drama punctuated with boobies, hardcore sex, exploding heads and f-bombs every 5 seconds. Why not just play one of the many M-rated games out there and forget about Metroid? Or how about Geist and Eternal Darkness? Have you played those M-rated Nintendo games? Also, tell me what is so "mature" about RDR, MGS3 and ME2. And, try to include things that justify the M-rating, rather than just plot elements or character dialogue (minus coarse language).

No, the reason I posted this games was to refute this thing you keep saying about how M-rated Metroid = Metroid with boobs and F-bombs everywhere. Metroid is a violent series, and it always has been. Why should they have to make the enemies flash red instead of letting your weapons actually show some real damage for a change? Most of the people playing are adults and we do not need them to hold the game back for us, but you always jump in and say "No! Majora's Mask is the best game ever made, and if you want an M-rated Metroid game it's because you just want to giggle at boobies and f-bombs!" I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make anymore, unless you are simply trying to paint my argument as "hurr durr boobiez" even though you are the one who always brings them up whenever I mention the M rating.

All I am saying is look back at the Alien movies, which Metroid drew most of its inspiration from. Would those movies be as good if they were PG-13? Most film buffs would say no, because the violence is part of what makes them so intense and atmospheric. Many movies have tried to immitate the Alien movies while using a PG-13 rating to make more money, but all of them lacked the teeth to be as intense or moody as the Alien movie. One movie in the genre that did manage to match the Alien movies for its intensity was The Thing, and whaddyaknow, it was rated R!

The Metroid games have always had a heavy emphasis on isolation, weird creatures, and the exscalating sense of impending danger. If they want to make a Metroid game that truly goes all out in terms of delivering a dark atmosphere full of carnivorous Giger-esque monstrosities (H.R. Giger designed the creature from Alien whose work is cited as the key influence for the original Metroid's creature designs), then it seems pretty natural that the rating would end up being M. When I played Metroid Prime, I did not get the sense of "oh, this is a family friendly game, I'd like to see them add extra tasteless crap to make it M-rated." I felt like "this game feels like it's holding back so that it doesn't get an M-rating." I want a Metroid game that does not hold back, not a Metroid game that has additional "frivolous gore, boobs, and swearing" as you oh-so eloquently put it.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

I want to be a bounty hunter that does actual bounty hunter stuff :P

what genre(fps,2d platformer,action adventure...) would you guys like to see Metroid tackle next?

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Timstuff

what genre(fps,2d platformer,action adventure...) would you guys like to see Metroid tackle next?

lbjkurono23
Go back to first person, I say. They can do new stuff with it so it's not quite a straight sequel to Metroid Prime 3, but I think first person is the best type of game for Metroid since it eliminates the issue of camera control and makes you feel more immersed in the world. They can make the combat a little more FPS-friendly with a more traditional control scheme, but it should still be an adventure game with a heavy emphasis on exploration and discovery.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#229 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Whereas Prime 3 was a bit of a disappointment,

charizard1605

I couldn't disagree more. I love them all (Prime is my ALL TIME favorite game), but I think Corruption was a better experience than Echoes.

However to answer your question HELL YES I'd like a Metroid Prime 4! But I'd also like another Other M-style game. I think that game is fantastic and added so much lore to the universe. Not to mention it feels more like a traditional Metroid game than the Prime ones do. But at the end of the day Metroid is Metroid and I just want more.

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

Lol i came here expecting Metroid 4 announcement :P.TheGuardian03

As did I. Nice fishing thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Lol i came here expecting Metroid 4 announcement :P.IPWNDU2

Not really, I never claimed Metroid Prime 4 had been announced in the thread title, did I?
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 lbjkurono23
[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

Timstuff
Go back to first person, I say. They can do new stuff with it so it's not quite a straight sequel to Metroid Prime 3, but I think first person is the best type of game for Metroid since it eliminates the issue of camera control and makes you feel more immersed in the world. They can make the combat a little more FPS-friendly with a more traditional control scheme, but it should still be an adventure game with a heavy emphasis on exploration and discovery.

I wouldn't oppose to a new fps Metroid, but man would it be nice to have a Metroid adventure game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

lbjkurono23

I wouldn't oppose to a new fps Metroid, but man would it be nice to have a Metroid adventure game.

A Metroid Dread on the 3DS would be incredible.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Timstuff
[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="Timstuff"]Go back to first person, I say. They can do new stuff with it so it's not quite a straight sequel to Metroid Prime 3, but I think first person is the best type of game for Metroid since it eliminates the issue of camera control and makes you feel more immersed in the world. They can make the combat a little more FPS-friendly with a more traditional control scheme, but it should still be an adventure game with a heavy emphasis on exploration and discovery.charizard1605

As long as Suckamoto has nothing to do with it. :evil:
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 lbjkurono23
[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="Timstuff"]Go back to first person, I say. They can do new stuff with it so it's not quite a straight sequel to Metroid Prime 3, but I think first person is the best type of game for Metroid since it eliminates the issue of camera control and makes you feel more immersed in the world. They can make the combat a little more FPS-friendly with a more traditional control scheme, but it should still be an adventure game with a heavy emphasis on exploration and discovery.charizard1605

I wonder if that game is really in development :P
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

3DS have bad controls, so that Metroid game would suck

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

If you don't like the lock-on mechanic you should buy Prime Trilogy and switch the control option to "hard".

You're still locking on to targets in order to side-strafe, because that's the main combat mechanic of the Prime games it's how you dodge, but you still have to aim for yourself with the Wiimote like any Wii FPS.

Playing this way is by far the best control scheme out of any console FPS I've ever experienced.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 SuperFlakeman

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] I wouldn't oppose to a new fps Metroid, but man would it be nice to have a Metroid adventure game.aroxx_ab

Dread is a 2D sidescroller *facepalm*

And 3D Metroid games work perfectly well; Prime only used one analog controller and Hunters works well.

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Lol i came here expecting Metroid 4 announcement :P.charizard1605

Not really, I never claimed Metroid Prime 4 had been announced in the thread title, did I?

No but you knew people would bite if you kept the title so general.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] A Metroid Dread on the 3DS would be incredible.SuperFlakeman

And 3D Metroid games work perfectly well; Prime only used one analog controller and Hunters works well.

You know it is more than analog stick that can make controls bad...*facepalm*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
As long as Suckamoto has nothing to do with it. :evil:Timstuff
I'd be okay if his idea of Dread was to make it similar to Fusion.

aroxx_ab
You're telling me a sidescrolling platformer wouldn't work on the 3DS?

No but you knew people would bite if you kept the title so general.

IPWNDU2
Maybe that was the idea :P
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I'd really like to see another Other M style game, with some major improvements ofcourse, but I do believe there are many different possible areas that the Prime formula could evolve into which as of yet haven't been explored. Eventually we need another Metroid first person adventure, but I can wait.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 lbjkurono23

control input

analog(mover character)

L(bring up weapon) while pressing L (aim with analog or gyro, no stylus because that would us the lower screen with no 3d)

R hold while aiming (super rocket,beams, freezing rocket...)

B (jump, screw attack)

A (morph ball, press b to use bombs)

Y(shoot while aiming)

x(action button)

stylus (adjust camera)

oh please make a 3d adventure metroid :cry:

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 SuperFlakeman

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

aroxx_ab

You know it is more than analog stick that can make controls bad...*facepalm*

3DS' squeaky D-pad? :P

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
@timstuff The metroid series already don't sell so Godly with a T-rating, you think it will sell better if it is M-rated? Also Samus' personality in Other M has always been like that. She suffers from a sickness, why? Because her parents were slaughtered by Ridley right in front of her when she was young.
Flesh-eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Flesh-eating
Member since 2011 • 38 Posts
MP has become very stale lately, imo. It could learn one thing or two from COD.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] I wouldn't oppose to a new fps Metroid, but man would it be nice to have a Metroid adventure game.

As long as Suckamoto has nothing to do with it. :evil:

I want him involved. The fans are just overreacting :|