Matt Booty says no next gen 1st party Xbox exclusives for the first couple of years

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#251  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:it's crystal clear you aren't a PC gamer. I don't know what to tell you - somehow, magically, new games come out and new cards feature new features that push the games (and the games push the hardware) to their limit but old hardware can still limp along and play the games too. The world keeps on turning. People upgrade when they want to, and buy the games they want.

You like being "forced" to buy a new system every 5 years or so in order to play the newest games? Knock yourself out. It's your money. I don't like it and never have.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11100 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@BenjaminBanklin:it's crystal clear you aren't a PC gamer. I don't know what to tell you - somehow, magically, new games come out and new cards feature new features that push the games (and the games push the hardware) to their limit but old hardware can still limp along and play the games too. The world keeps on turning. People upgrade when they want to, and buy the games they want.

You like being "forced" to buy a new system every 5 years or so in order to play the newest games? Knock yourself out. It's your money. I don't like it and never have.

I AM a PC gamer. In fact, this move affects PC gamers that play Xbox games because they have yet ANOTHER old platform holding back development potential. The PC playing field isn't that even either. Look at all the people that can't run RDR2 well on older/cheaper cards. Sometimes, it's not always optimization at play. Games get more and more demanding and you need to invest in something better. But, at the very least, PC has the luxury of being adjustable.

There's nothing stopping you from playing old games. That's what they're there for. But don't offer up a new box you're not going to dedicate games to right away. They couldn't even justify the X1X in the end. Hey, here's a $500 box... here's Crackdown 3.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8091 Posts

@goldenelementxl: bruh, I guess you forgot about all those studio acquisitions to bolster their 1st party?.. Clearly they don't plan on "that incredibly lacking library as it's driving force moving forward".. Yeah it's no silver bullet but CLEARLY they are taking the logical steps to make positive change.. The idea that you apparently think Sony's first party is a given success and Microsoft's first party is a guaranteed failure in the coming generation just shows your bias.. Because, as we know, those roles were reversed at the beginning of the prior gen with the PS3 and 360 in terms of exclusive content.. Anything can happen in that regard, sir..

And yeah, after the GameCube, Nintendo realized they either can't or don't want to compete with Sony or even Microsoft in a heads-up traditional console war.. Hence the creation of the Wii.. After that Nintendo has been doing their own thing ever since.. Microsoft is about to do their own thing too, playing to their strengths, and before they can even get the gen started, you're already crying about it..

You call it asinine but what would you have then do?... Continue to try and win a head-to-head traditional console war with Sony that they can never win on a worldwide scale thanks to Playstation being the stronger brand and due to Xbox never having a chance in Japan, the hometown of both Sony and Nintendo?.. Just continue to bang their head on a wall?.. If you have any kind of intellectual honesty, you know that leveraging PC, subscriptions, cloud services, and more are advantages that Sony simply can't match.. Yet, you want them to ignore all that heading into the next gen?!.. "lol wut?" indeed.. Your fake concern is about as transparent as you are..

At the end of the day, this a pro consumer move.. It means that anyone that bought an Xbox One S or an Xbox One X can know that they will still get the latest and greatest 1st party support well into the next gen.. In addition, Microsoft gets to leverage a relatively massive install base during the launch of the Xbox Series X.. Win/Win..

It's frankly hilarious how you are flailing about trying to spin this as a negative..

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#254 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: How does an indie dev make a first party game? First party game literally means "created or published by the company responsible for the platform on which it is released."

How does an 8 month old announcement about an unnamed remastered/remade game made by an indie company without a release date enter into a conversation about 1st party games from MS as in "This is how it should be done?"

Bluepoint dont make 1st party exclusives. They literally cant unless Sony buy them.

As for your second point, MS aren't saying that their studios aren't going to make it on time. In fact they are saying that their studios are taking the time to make sure their games run across multiple consoles and platforms.

What we do know so far is that it's the ps5 who will be relying on big hitting ps4 games at launch, along with one announced 3rd party exclusive and another indie remaster

I'm positive Sony have some big hitting games coming to ps5 at launch, but the fact is we dont know yet what they are, nor if they will be ps5 exclusive.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: How does an indie dev make a first party game? First party game literally means "created or published by the company responsible for the platform on which it is released."

How does an 8 month old announcement about an unnamed remastered/remade game made by an indie company without a release date enter into a conversation about 1st party games from MS as in "This is how it should be done?"

Bluepoint dont make 1st party exclusives. They literally cant unless Sony buy them.

As for your second point, MS aren't saying that their studios aren't going to make it on time. In fact they are saying that their studios are taking the time to make sure their games run across multiple consoles and platforms.

What we do know so far is that it's the ps5 who will be relying on big hitting ps4 games at launch, along with one announced 3rd party exclusive and another indie remaster

I'm positive Sony have some big hitting games coming to ps5 at launch, but the fact is we dont know yet what they are, nor if they will be ps5 exclusive.

First party games are content published by the platform holder. You know, games like Crackdown for Microsoft, Ratchet and Clank before Sony bought insomniac, Astral Chain for Nintendo etc. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft can hire companies they don't own to make games for them. Those are first party IPs. Just because you contract someone to make a game for you doesn't mean they own that content.

Does Industrial Light and Magic own The Avengers because they worked on the visual effects? You guys need to know what work for hire means.

It kills me how many people don't know this. It's usually Xbox guys, which is ironic since so many third parties used to provide them with 1st party content.

Why would you dedicate the time to running one game across what may be six possible platforms and think they're not going to get the short end of the stick? This is already off to a bad start.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#256 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69524 Posts

@WitIsWisdom:

I am not sure what world you live in but you are so detach from reality that I don't even know how you got there. To claim that you do not have a choice to play solely on your new console is false. To claim that you are force to play with other consoles is absolutely correct. Its is why the internet was invented. To play with others. Its why developers are implementing crossplay. To play with people on different platforms. It is what PC gaming has been doing since the inception of multiplayer games. Playing with other gamers with different gaming configuration.

What does this mean? Time to drop the hyperbole. Seriously, its time to stop.

When you take the opportunity to answer a question, it is important to understand what you are responding to. You obviously didn't thus the reason for this overly drawn out discourse. My question was very precise. There was no changing of direction or goal post moving. You decided to answer a question which you didn't understand and now you are trying with pages of useless verbose to make your nonsensical answer work. USB-C, more efficient storage, more efficient menus with less lag and BC are gameplay features that can only be done on next gen are the nonsense you posted for the questions asked.

You can argue till your head pops, but shorter loading times is not unique to next gen; as stated before, and its not a gameplay feature that is unique to next gen. (remember the question asked).

Its also obvious that you don't understand how the technology work. This is not unique to you, some others on here are demonstrating the same level of ignorance. But, it is important to understand the technology before you comment. I say all of this to state that the following statement is false "To limit that by forcing us to accommodate for those that haven't upgraded yet seems off to me.". That is not how the technology works. That is not how software works. It has been repeated to nausea but you and your fellow angry mob keep repeating this factually false statement. Games are software. Software can and is adaptable to hardware. It has been like this for decades and it has been for games since the inception of multiplatform games. This is the fundamentals. If you can't get this right everything else you conjure based on this falsehood would be equally false.

Finally, the facts don't care about how you feel. You can feel any way you want, but your feelings have NO effect on the facts. You feel that cross generational games would prevent these games from taking advantage of next gen hardware. You are allowed to feel that way. However, that feeling is detached from reality because its incorrect. Factually incorrect. Has been incorrect for decades. A clear demonstration that you don't understand the technology. If you genuinely stated a concern and that concern has been corrected and you still decide to act as if your concern (ignorance) has not been addressed, well then you are the problem.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I AM a PC gamer. In fact, this move affects PC gamers that play Xbox games because they have yet ANOTHER old platform holding back development potential. The PC playing field isn't that even either. Look at all the people that can't run RDR2 well on older/cheaper cards. Sometimes, it's not always optimization at play. Games get more and more demanding and you need to invest in something better. But, at the very least, PC has the luxury of being adjustable.

There's nothing stopping you from playing old games. That's what they're there for. But don't offer up a new box you're not going to dedicate games to right away. They couldn't even justify the X1X in the end. Hey, here's a $500 box... here's Crackdown 3.

You are a PC gamer. A PC gamer that doesn't understand how technology works. That is fine. But don't tout your ignorance like a banner. Its normal behavior for you but embarrassing at the same time.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Pedro said:

You are a PC gamer. A PC gamer that doesn't understand how technology works. That is fine. But don't tout your ignorance like a banner. Its normal behavior for you but embarrassing at the same time.

You don't even own a gaming PC. Shut up, ol' butthurt boy. 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Are you trying this shit again? The last time you claim I didn't own a system you looked like an ass and change your tune. 🤣🤣🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Are you trying this shit again? The last time you claim I didn't own a system you looked like an ass and change your tune. 🤣🤣🤣

You're about to own a Series X that playing Xbox One games for two years. You're still lame.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

You're about to own a Series X that playing Xbox One games for two years. You're still lame.

🤣🤣🤣 Look how quick you change your tune. 🤣🤣🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

🤣🤣🤣 Look how quick you change your tune. 🤣🤣🤣

Change my tune from what? You have a gaming PC? You sure don't sound like it as much as you stan for Xbox.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Change my tune from what? You have a gaming PC? You sure don't sound like it as much as you stan for Xbox.

Normally you are not that dense but if I have to spell out, yes I have a gaming PC and have been gaming on PC since the pixels were green.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Normally you are not that dense but if I have to spell out, yes I have a gaming PC and have been gaming on PC since the pixels were green.

Congrats on your 650 ti machine. 😂 Hopefully you don't sit and stare at it like your PS4 Pro.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 sealionact

@BenjaminBanklin: Again, I have a hard time accepting that a ps3 game (If it is Demon souls) that is remastered or remade for ps5 by an indie company can be described as a first party exclusive...but it isn't the point.

MS saying that their games will run on current gen consoles for 1 or 2 years means and changes very little. How many games do you think it applies to? Halo, forza and maybe one or two more. It doesn't affect 3rd party choices as we've seen with hellblade 2, and besides...ms have been making games that work at different resolutions, with different assets and framerates across PC and two levels of console for quite some time now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: You are trying, but failing and failing hard. I like. 🤣🤣🤣

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2140 Posts

I'm glad X series is dead before the gen even started. Haha lemmings in full meltdown mode is hilarious. Enjoy you cross gen Halo crap.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Syn_Valence said:

I'm glad X series is dead before the gen even started. Haha lemmings in full meltdown mode is hilarious. Enjoy you cross gen Halo crap.

Xbox meltdowns are the best meltdowns. Man, if they would have shown this kind of passion towards buying games maybe MS wouldn't have had to go mutliplat.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@xfighter said:

Microsoft doesn't care where you play their games, as long as you play their games. That's where the money is. They just build hardware for console gamers that want the best experience, but if you are happy with playing on a shitty or powerful PC that's also fine. So even if this means that the XSX will have less sales, it doesn't matter, because people will buy the games for their OneX or OneS which means they are more invested in the Xbox ecosystem.

@phbz said:

You people are really trying way too hard. It's a transitional thing that's good for both publishers and players. I would be surprised if Sony doesn't do the same thing.

Yep, exactly. But cows (and some hermits) seem to have a difficult time understanding this simple concept.

@bluestars said:

‘A special kinda stupid’

Or this thread as it’s better known,a bunch of cows and hermits who have had their emotions triggered ever since the ‘tower of power’was spectacularly announced at the game awards coupled with the tflop spec leak(not confirmed).

Anyone genuinely interested in buying the new Xbox would already know that the quote “no one gets left behind” has been used several times and recently by Spencer at the London XO show,I don’t remember a SW thread then?why?because the tower of power hadn’t rocked their world then HAH

I hope this embarrassing thread is stickied For when most ps5 game are available to PS4 gamers because why would you exclude a huge % of the 105 million PS4 gamers and expect to make money or when a new pc graphics card costing a fortune comes out that makes the same games look and play better just like the new Xbox

A bunch of fanboys foaming at the gash

PRICELESS HAH

Nailed it.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@xfighter said:

Microsoft doesn't care where you play their games, as long as you play their games. That's where the money is. They just build hardware for console gamers that want the best experience, but if you are happy with playing on a shitty or powerful PC that's also fine. So even if this means that the XSX will have less sales, it doesn't matter, because people will buy the games for their OneX or OneS which means they are more invested in the Xbox ecosystem.

@phbz said:

You people are really trying way too hard. It's a transitional thing that's good for both publishers and players. I would be surprised if Sony doesn't do the same thing.

Yep, exactly. But cows (and some hermits) seem to have a difficult time understanding this simple concept.

@bluestars said:

‘A special kinda stupid’

Or this thread as it’s better known,a bunch of cows and hermits who have had their emotions triggered ever since the ‘tower of power’was spectacularly announced at the game awards coupled with the tflop spec leak(not confirmed).

Anyone genuinely interested in buying the new Xbox would already know that the quote “no one gets left behind” has been used several times and recently by Spencer at the London XO show,I don’t remember a SW thread then?why?because the tower of power hadn’t rocked their world then HAH

I hope this embarrassing thread is stickied For when most ps5 game are available to PS4 gamers because why would you exclude a huge % of the 105 million PS4 gamers and expect to make money or when a new pc graphics card costing a fortune comes out that makes the same games look and play better just like the new Xbox

PRICELESS HAH

Nailed it.

But but but ma Hardware Sales is what I care about. I want ma hardware sales. I don't like Sony and MS is letting them get it easy by not competing. I mean what are they trying to do? Combine S, X, Series S, Series X to finally catch up to just the PS4 sales? Bwahaaaaaaa........

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts
@vfighter said:

@dagubot: So PCs are shitty saltine crackers? Sounds about right.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#273 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@dagubot said:
@vfighter said:

@dagubot: So PCs are shitty saltine crackers? Sounds about right.

You laster race guys try, but ultimately you just get ignored like usual :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@xantufrog said:

No shit, with Benji its a case of...

Its easy to tell he's a cow as all he does is just post threads about Xbox lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Its obvious that ALL first party games currently in production are for both consoles, and that once these games are done then production will shift solely to the new console.

He also said the games for the new console will use this consoles added features.

A question for cows, when is Ghost of Sashimi coming out?

Its doesn't have a release date, and the new consoles are due out in December this year, so if this becomes a cross gen game what will you say then?

Keep your words short & sweet as you may have to eat them later on :)

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

That really doesn't surprise me. I'd like to see some exclusives, but I'm still looking forward to their next console.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#277 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

This seems pretty crazy since MS got crushed this gen due to a lack of exclusives... (and slightly weaker hardware + kinect focus)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56124 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Its obvious that ALL first party games currently in production are for both consoles, and that once these games are done then production will shift solely to the new console.

He also said the games for the new console will use this consoles added features.

A question for cows, when is Ghost of Sashimi coming out?

Its doesn't have a release date, and the new consoles are due out in December this year, so if this becomes a cross gen game what will you say then?

Keep your words short & sweet as you may have to eat them later on :)

Q3 2020 according to Sony's page. Just a rumor, it could also be cross-gen and since I have no plans to buy PS5, (I don't care about Sony brand after PS4, crazy I know) PS4 version will do nicely for me.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@dagubot: Awww...its so cute that all you've got are overplayed memes lol.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@i_p_daily: you’re gonna get absolutely embarassed again for another 6 years bro lol. I recommend you chill on your posting because lemmings are literally on the loser team. Your words hold no bearing

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@i_p_daily said:

No shit, with Benji its a case of...

Its easy to tell he's a cow as all he does is just post threads about Xbox lol.

You know better than that LOL! I still can't believe lems fee fees can still get hurt at this stage of the game.

Oh... and here's some news. What's that? What's that you're saying now? There are going to be PS5 exclusive games... at LAUNCH?!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-schreier-kotaku-splitscreen-sony-will-have-ps5-only-titles-at-launch.164238/

It's happening again! It's happening all over again! LOLOLOL!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#282 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Cows are the dream consumer for any corporation.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xantufrog said:

In this regard PC is totally different and can't be compare with consoles.

PC by far has the slowest adoption rate of any platform.

You can get a hardware this year and 4 years from now some of its features are not even fully use,or worse penetration of hardware with those features is rather small.

For example consoles were using CPU with multiple core and threads way before it became normal on PC,and all was because PC slow adoption rate.

So why you could get a new hardware with new features on PC they would be hardly use.

Look at SSD they had been on PC for a while,but most PC don't truly take advantage of the tech because of the majority of the market trailing behind.

The way SSD has been use on PC and even console don't come close to what is be show by sony with the PS5.

DX12 again another thing that hit PC late while similar API had existed on consoles for a long time.

On consoles you are warranty that the features you pay for will be use,probably from launch,on PC you don't have that warranty.

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@xfighter said:

@phbz said:

@bluestars said:

‘A special kinda stupid’

PRICELESS HAH

Nailed it.

This is lol worhty ""Nailed it"" The only thing he nailed was him self.

I have 17 years on this forum close to actually.

Games on launch MOST BE THERE they always have,clamining that you don't need platform specific games,is the lasted in a trend in a string of lame excuses lemmings have been coining this gen since it started.

1-BC didn't matter for 3 shits on 2013,it was all about Ryse (lol) Dead Rising 3,Forza 5,lemmings even claim the xbox one had better exclusives than the PS4,because on that time the machine had those 3 games exclusive.

2-All consoles have come with something original that you can't find anywhere else,it has always been like that,now all of the sudden it should not be because some hurt fanboys what to defend what ever crap MS trows at you.

Lets not forget that many here Defended MS no used games,always on DRM and other shitty policies that thankfuly MS changed,so supporting what ever MS does is not always right.

3-Sales don't matter.

4-Scores don't matter.

5-Exclusives don't matter.

I have been here LONG enough and so have YOU,to know this things really matter.

You people are a joke really you really swing with the wing where ever it blows you.lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#284 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

So, you are saying that if other people can play the games you can play it makes no sense upgrading your gaming hardware?

A handful of crossplats are expected. Not the WHOLE batch of 1st party content for two years and beyond, Pedro. You gotta have games that show off the new hardware if you want to move it. If not, what's the point? Just put GP on every platform and bail on hardware.

As a PC owner, I'm still gonna be playing higher asset Xbox One games for the foreseeable future due to this. They gotta do better.

Whereas for my money its fine. I'll upgrade to a PS5 and a new Xbox as I do every gen and not give a shit about NPD or WW numbers. My stock never traded higher during their worst gen supposedly. Im good

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@tormentos: Saddest thing is the amount of years that have passed yet you show no signs of evolving.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@phbz said:

Cows are the dream consumer for any corporation.

While lems are the nightmare fanbase which herald a corporation's doom. That's what happens when MS keeps trying to lure in customers who can barely afford games with constant discounts. Are they even buying Game Pass? Why are perfectly good games like Gears 5 flopping despite being promoted with the service?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#287  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

@Pedro said:

@WitIsWisdom:

I am not sure what world you live in but you are so detach from reality that I don't even know how you got there. To claim that you do not have a choice to play solely on your new console is false. To claim that you are force to play with other consoles is absolutely correct. Its is why the internet was invented. To play with others. Its why developers are implementing crossplay. To play with people on different platforms. It is what PC gaming has been doing since the inception of multiplayer games. Playing with other gamers with different gaming configuration.

What does this mean? Time to drop the hyperbole. Seriously, its time to stop.

When you take the opportunity to answer a question, it is important to understand what you are responding to. You obviously didn't thus the reason for this overly drawn out discourse. My question was very precise. There was no changing of direction or goal post moving. You decided to answer a question which you didn't understand and now you are trying with pages of useless verbose to make your nonsensical answer work. USB-C, more efficient storage, more efficient menus with less lag and BC are gameplay features that can only be done on next gen are the nonsense you posted for the questions asked.

You can argue till your head pops, but shorter loading times is not unique to next gen; as stated before, and its not a gameplay feature that is unique to next gen. (remember the question asked).

Its also obvious that you don't understand how the technology work. This is not unique to you, some others on here are demonstrating the same level of ignorance. But, it is important to understand the technology before you comment. I say all of this to state that the following statement is false "To limit that by forcing us to accommodate for those that haven't upgraded yet seems off to me.". That is not how the technology works. That is not how software works. It has been repeated to nausea but you and your fellow angry mob keep repeating this factually false statement. Games are software. Software can and is adaptable to hardware. It has been like this for decades and it has been for games since the inception of multiplatform games. This is the fundamentals. If you can't get this right everything else you conjure based on this falsehood would be equally false.

Finally, the facts don't care about how you feel. You can feel any way you want, but your feelings have NO effect on the facts. You feel that cross generational games would prevent these games from taking advantage of next gen hardware. You are allowed to feel that way. However, that feeling is detached from reality because its incorrect. Factually incorrect. Has been incorrect for decades. A clear demonstration that you don't understand the technology. If you genuinely stated a concern and that concern has been corrected and you still decide to act as if your concern (ignorance) has not been addressed, well then you are the problem.

Ok man, whatever you say. I'll take the guys word for it that can barely even type in complete sentences or coherently enough to get half his points across. I guess if your primary language isn't English I have to commend you though, because I sure as hell couldn't type half as well in any other language.

The funniest thing about you is that you go in circles saying absolutely nothing, but you pretend or try to come across as if you know everything there is to know about any topic brought up. You'll grow out of that eventually.

I would certainly hope you are a kid, and I got wrapped up in trying to argue with someone that has their head so far up MS's ass they are blinded by their own ignorance. Hell, I guess that would just about be the literal definition of a fanboy though... lol. I try not to get to mixed up with those types, because I know they usually speak from their own passion and not with rationality.

It's ok to hold your own beliefs about things and come to your own conclusions, but to dismiss someone entirely because you don't have the mental fortitude or ability to understand people have varying opinions or where they are coming from is another thing altogether.

You take bits and pieces of things people say and break them down into several thoughts... almost as if they aren't a singular item brought up with more than one point, which is very liberal to say the least.

All you do is bring up the most basic of the basic things that everyone already knows and try to use it as a basis for ownage or twist things around because you don't have the reading comprehension to understand anything else.

It's actually rather amusing that you think you are so clever. Consoles at the hardware level don't inherently do anything to improve gameplay.. those are things that the developers build into the engines or games with the tools they have. The vast majority of the things I listed (rather quickly as that.. although I think it's hilarious you cherry picked a couple items as if that's my entire point when I just added a few more to go with the main two points I have reiterated many times now) whether "quality of life" improvements or not are things that ALSO improve gameplay since we are talking about the hardware level and not the actual games themselves. Once again, the two go hand in hand and are not devoid of each other...

If you want to believe that they won't gimp the XSX to accommodate for the base Xbox One, well that's fine, but I have my doubts. It's not necessarily that they will want to, but it may be a necessity. However, since neither of us have seen yet whether or not sacrifices will have to be made I guess it's a mute point for the time being. I honestly hope that it won't be an issue, but we are talking about over an 8x difference in power with the new consoles pushing technology that wouldn't work on lesser hardware. Yes, I understand scaling, but unless they are planning on giving us full on options like a PC I don't see this going down well, and feel as though those on the new console will be at a huge advantage over those that aren't. If that doesn't wind up being the case.. great. If you think that's to be expected.. great. I don't care whether or not it bothers you, it bothers me, and reading through this thread it's not hard to see that others agree as well.

Hell, just out of curiosity I did some searching around the internet on many different gaming websites, blogs, etc., and it appears that many more people agree with my take and have real concerns than that of people like you who aren't the least bit worried that it could cause some problems... Consoles are NOT PC's, and I think that MS may be in for a rude awakening.

Stop acting as though people don't understand the most basic of technology or progression of the industry. That isn't what this is about. What MS is doing is unprecedented in the console world and me and everyone else I have talked to online agrees that trying to treat consoles like PC's is going to backfire on them pretty bad. Like I said, if I'm wrong I'll eat my crow no problem.

Most modern PC games have a system minimum, and there aren't many graphic intensive PC games these days that can run on the base Xbox One... at least not unless they are in potato mode or with extremely limited features (and that's if at all).

Have you ever heard of a syllogistic fallacy? Just because (this) is always (that) doesn't mean (that) is always (this) Who am I kidding... I won't go there..

anyways.. Whatever man, I can't believe I let you drag me down to such a low level... you do you. I'm done with this for now.

Go ahead and save this conversation to use against me at all later date if I'm wrong or my concerns are misplaced. However, I get the feeling that if SONY steers clear of this that the console crowd (including myself) will respond to it loudly and MS is going to get slaughtered. I don't want to see it happen, but I can't believe MS would be this narrow sighted and arrogant once again. They are so removed from their fanbase and what console gamers actually want that they thought this would be a great idea... to launch the fastest and strongest console ever without it's own exclusives.

Perhaps you are right and I am blowing it out of proportion, and only time will tell. Until then I bid you farewell, and once again I say good day sir.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56124 Posts

@phbz said:

@tormentos: Saddest thing is the amount of years that have passed yet you show no signs of evolving.

At times, he's on points, but his attitude over the years never evolve.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

YEAH MAN I WANNA PLAY NES games on my SNES

who are the people rooting for this craP?

We want SNES GAMES that can't run on the NES

Thats the point of the SNES

PEOPLE are clueless this is HORRIBAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@BenjaminBanklin: Gears 5 is on a service, like The Irishman was on Netflix, or Thom Yorke's album is in Spotify.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@bluestars said:

‘A special kinda stupid’

PRICELESS HAH

1-Classic alt crap spew here by the usual suspects,who after been embarrast this gen have decide to come back as alts to save face and avoid been put on the spot defending exclusive launch games..lol

2-No one get letft ehind is basically a new sad excuse of Phill to justify having NOTHING platform exclusive,much like he claim Kinect was an integral part of the xbox one that would not be taken apart,only to take it out 6 months latter,or how he standed before people on E3 to promote TV TV TV sports sports sports in 2013.

3-Most PS5 games will be on PS4,but not because sony doesn't want exclusive PS5 content,but because the majority of games are 3rd parties and always there is cross gen games at the start of every gen,those games started as previous gen and were cross ported to be there on launch of the PS5 which believe it or not comes after the PS4 wow shocking isn't.

But i am sure there will be exclusives games you can only find on PS5.

4-The PS2 was over 100 million units alone when the PS3 landed,Reistance wasn't on PS2.

The xbox had 20+ millions when the 360 landed,PDZ,Kameo,PGR3 and several others were no on xbox.

The same with the Wii and Gamecube,the same with the xbox 360 and xbox one,the same with the PS3 and PS4 there is always something exclusive.

MS simply hurt its own xbox series X sales,because software drives hardware sales,and if you can play Halo infinite on xbox one for just $60 or $200 it is a much better deal than paying $560 dollars to play the same exact game with prettier graphics.

The Pro was chew and spit by the slim PS4,the Xbox one X was chew and spit as well by the xbox one S,again there is no incentive period NON,in buying a stronger hardware to play the same games.

Which is why the 2060,1060,760,660 line of card have always spanked top of the line GPU sales of bigger more powerful cards,by the way those expensive cards are bought by almost no one,those a small 1 or 2% buy them,and for good reason,nothing better than buying a shinny new RT card from Nvidia to get underuse because few games to non support its new features and until sales pick up most developer don't push for those features to be use,it cost extra take longer to develop only for a hand full of people to play it.

PC and consoles in this regard had been different since always,PC adoption rate is awful.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@phbz said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Gears 5 is on a service, like The Irishman was on Netflix, or Thom Yorke's album is in Spotify.

Gears 5 is retail and on a service, and the player count is abysmal because it didn't finish in the top 20 of most played Xbox titles this year. Something's gone south.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n40266/fortnite-most-played-game-on-xbox-in-2019

I have no idea how Xbox can survive another gen of this kind of apathy from their fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@Antwan3K said:

And yeah, after the GameCube, Nintendo realized they either can't or don't want to compete with Sony or even Microsoft in a heads-up traditional console war.. Hence the creation of the Wii.. After that Nintendo has been doing their own thing ever since.. Microsoft is about to do their own thing too, playing to their strengths, and before they can even get the gen started, you're already crying about it..

You cannot compare what Xbox is doing to Nintendo. Nintendo offers gameplay experiences that Microsoft and Sony don't provide. Microsoft tried something like that with the launch Xbox One (kinect 2.0, TV passthrough, voice commands etc) Once that didn't work, they went right back to the arms race with the Xbox One X and now the Series X. Power is Xbox's strength, not their software (lol). How has that worked out for them? 3rd in the NPD's and MIA across the globe. So why are they just doing more of that? And no, giving away Forza, Halo and Gears for $12 a month instead of charging $60 isn't innovation, it's a sign of desperation. That's the Xbox Series X strategy. Desperation.

@Antwan3K said:

You call it asinine but what would you have then do?... Continue to try and win a head-to-head traditional console war with Sony that they can never win on a worldwide scale thanks to Playstation being the stronger brand and due to Xbox never having a chance in Japan, the hometown of both Sony and Nintendo?.. Just continue to bang their head on a wall?.. If you have any kind of intellectual honesty, you know that leveraging PC, subscriptions, cloud services, and more are advantages that Sony simply can't match.. Yet, you want them to ignore all that heading into the next gen?!.. "lol wut?" indeed.. Your fake concern is about as transparent as you are..

How is that not what they're doing? Microsoft is about to launch "the worlds most powerful console" for the 2nd time in 3 years. At one point or another, Microsoft had the most powerful console on the market in every generation. The only difference is, now you don't need to buy the console to play games because all of the consoles released in the past 7 years will play them. How is that strategy going to get the Xbox brand out of 3rd place? The Xbox library is by far the worst out of the big 3. Why is making that library available across a range of devices going to attract new customers? That library is the reason people didn't buy the Xbox One in the first place!

@Antwan3K said:

At the end of the day, this a pro consumer move.. It means that anyone that bought an Xbox One S or an Xbox One X can know that they will still get the latest and greatest 1st party support well into the next gen.. In addition, Microsoft gets to leverage a relatively massive install base during the launch of the Xbox Series X.. Win/Win..

We should talk about the economics of the current Xbox strategy. You say pro consumer, I say a last ditch effort to save the brand. I have Gamepass Ultimate. I bought it during that deal last year where you got 2 years of the service for $180.97. Gamepass on PC and Xbox (remember they don't share a library) and XBL would cost $540. That's a lot of money left on the table! I also don't have to buy any 1st party games for 2 years, when I always buy the 1st Xbox titles. There is a reason Microsoft doesn't share software sales or subscription numbers anymore. Folks were getting Gamepass for $1, playing through Gears 5 and then bouncing. Of course Microsoft came out and said, "3 million players in the first weekend!!1!" but what does that mean really? Especially when Sony and Nintendo are SELLING 3-6 million copies of their games in that same timeframe. Microsoft was banking on Gamepass to give them some sort of bump. It didnt. They've been giving away gamepass with PC hardware for months now. Even using their "X number of players" metric doesn't hold up to Nintendo and Sony numbers. And they've now merged with PC!

@Antwan3K said:

It's frankly hilarious how you are flailing about trying to spin this as a negative..

I'm not the one flailing. We already know that every part of Microsofts strategy is a losing proposition. Power, software library... They've proved it themselves. And now they are going to release a new console that will have no unique titles for years to come. We saw how much consumers cared about resolution bumps to current Xbox One games with the Xbox One X. Hint: They don't care

And I have no bias against the Xbox brand. I've said many times I prefer Xbox over Playstation. I own 5 Xbox One consoles (3 X, 1 S and 1 Day One). I want nothing more than the Xbox Series X to come out and whoop the PS5's ass. I'm just calling it like I see it. Any person being honest with themselves would agree as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By Pedro

@WitIsWisdom said:

Ok man, whatever you say. I'll take the guys word for it that can barely even type in complete sentences or coherently enough to get half his points across. I guess if your primary language isn't English I have to commend you though, because I sure as hell couldn't type half as well in any other language.

The funniest thing about you is that you go in circles saying absolutely nothing, but you pretend or try to come across as if you know everything there is to know about any topic brought up. You'll grow out of that eventually.

I would certainly hope you are a kid, and I got wrapped up in trying to argue with someone that has their head so far up MS's ass they are blinded by their own ignorance. Hell, I guess that would just about be the literal definition of a fanboy though... lol. I try not to get to mixed up with those types, because I know they usually speak from their own passion and not with rationality.

It's ok to hold your own beliefs about things and come to your own conclusions, but to dismiss someone entirely because you don't have the mental fortitude or ability to understand people have varying opinions or where they are coming from is another thing altogether.

You take bits and pieces of things people say and break them down into several thoughts... almost as if they aren't a singular item brought up with more than one point, which is very liberal to say the least.

All you do is bring up the most basic of the basic things that everyone already knows and try to use it as a basis for ownage or twist things around because you don't have the reading comprehension to understand anything else.

It's actually rather amusing that you think you are so clever. Consoles at the hardware level don't inherently do anything to improve gameplay.. those are things that the developers build into the engines or games with the tools they have. The vast majority of the things I listed (rather quickly as that.. although I think it's hilarious you cherry pick a couple items as if that's my entire point when I just added a few more to go with the main two points I have reiterated many times now) whether "quality of life" improvements or not are things that ALSO improve gameplay since we are talking about the hardware level and not the actual games themselves. Once again, the two go hand in hand and are not devoid of each other...

If you want to believe that they won't gimp the XSX to accommodate for the base Xbox One, well that's fine, but I have my doubts. It's not necessarily that they will want to, but it may be a necessity. However, since neither of us have seen yet whether or not sacrifices will have to be made I guess it's a mute question for the time being. I honestly hope that it won't be an issue, but we are talking about over an 8x difference in power with the new consoles pushing technology that wouldn't work on lesser hardware. Yes, I understand scaling, but unless they are planning on giving us full on options like a PC I don't see this going down well, and feel as though those on the new console will be at a huge advantage over those that aren't. If that doesn't wind up being the case.. great. If you think that's to be expected.. great. I don't care whether or not it bothers you, it bothers me, and reading through this thread it's not hard to see that others agree as well. Hell, just out of curiosity I did a search around the internet on many different gaming websites, blogs, etc., and it appears that many more people agree with my take and have real concerns that people like you who aren't the least bit worried that it could cause some problems... Consoles are NOT PC's, and I think that MS may be in for a rude awakening.

Stop acting as though people don't understand the most basic of technology or progression of the industry. That isn't what this is about. What MS is doing is unprecedented in the console world and me and everyone else I have talked to online agrees that trying to treat consoles like PC's is going to backfire on them pretty bad. Like I said, if I'm wrong I'll eat my crow no problem.

Most modern PC games have a system minimum, and there aren't many graphic intensive PC games these days that can run on the base Xbox One... at least not in potato mode or with extremely limited features (and that's if at all).

Have you ever heard of a syllogistic fallacy? Just because (this) is always (that) doesn't mean (that) is always (this) Who am I kidding... I won't go there..

anyways.. Whatever man, I can't believe I let you drag me down to such a low level... you do you. I'm done with this for now.

Go ahead and save this conversation to use against me at all later date if I'm wrong or my concerns are misplaced. However, I get the feeling that if SONY steers clear of this that the console crowd (including myself) will respond to it loudly and MS is going to get slaughtered. I don't want to see it happen, but I can't believe MS would be this narrow sighted once again. They are so removed from their fanbase and what console gamers actually want that they thought this would be a great idea... to launch the fastest and strongest console ever without it's own exclusives. Perhaps you are right and I am blowing it out of proportion, and only time will tell. Until then I bid you farewell, and once again I say good day sir.

I don't know if you have read what you have written but that is an emotional roller coaster. Instead of conceding to fact that you misunderstood my question, you fight a rather nonsensical fight. To make things worse, you dug deeper into inaccurate assertions making your massive wall of text; which I have the misfortune of reading, just a messy response. Now, I don't know how to write and English is not my first language. That's how bad it has become on your end.

Your entire display is someone reacting to an idea that is false and expanding on it without actually taking the time to understand. There is so much wrong in your assertion in each of your response. The only thing that I can recommend is reading up on the things you are talking about. Hopefully by then, you will realize how irrational your behavior has been.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Pedro

@tormentos: You said all of that but missed the fact that the Switch system seller was also available on the WiiU. It was the only game worth buying for months. Yet, you are here arguing

"All consoles have come with something original that you can't find anywhere else,it has always been like that,now all of the sudden it should not be because some hurt fanboys what to defend what ever crap MS trows at you."

Why would a Xbox fanboy be hurt by this news? Really ask yourself why would they be hurt? I look forward to your answer.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@tormentos:

I’m not interested in the opinion of a fanboy,I nailed it and hit a nerve,and the fact you are an adult getting triggered by a gaming machine and it’s games is embarrassing

Your essay and bu bu but he didn’t nail it response means I got you all emotional again HAH

Your a sad act and should be mocked at every opportunity,but I have to admit your meltdowns are funny HAH

Don’t take it personally kid(sorry adult) all you fanboys are clown shoes hah

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10616 Posts

@Antwan3K:

How many ps4/X1 games "pushed the envelope" compared to their ps3/360 counterparts? Not many but there was 1 game that definitely showcased this type of attribute: Battlefield 4.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

Buying the new Xbox doesn't make any sense at all if you have a PC with decent parts. You can always just upgrade the PC parts as well and enjoy the Xbox ecosystem on PC. Thanks MS!

A strong PC for all multiplats along with a PS5 and a Switch for exclusives.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#299 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9399 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

YEAH MAN I WANNA PLAY NES games on my SNES

who are the people rooting for this craP?

We want SNES GAMES that can't run on the NES

Thats the point of the SNES

PEOPLE are clueless this is HORRIBAD

That's not really how consoles work anymore. The NES and SNES were fundamentally different machines. Your analogy is bad.

The XSX, X1, PS4, and PS5 are all modern x86 computers. There's no reason you can't take a next-gen game and make it run on current-gen consoles by reducing texture and model detail. The load times will be longer and they'll have to turn off things like ray-tracing and lower the graphics settings.

I get your point, but it's not nearly as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 sealionact

@mazuiface: We know that the vast majority of people have nothing like a PC capable of x1x performances, let alone xsx.