Matt Booty says no next gen 1st party Xbox exclusives for the first couple of years

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

If Cyberpunk is any indication this is not good news for people who actually won't buy a new console... As I doubt games will be "playable" on the X1/X1S.

Those games in 2021 on the X1/S might end up being 720p versions struggling to hit 30FPS.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#702 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

If Cyberpunk is any indication this is not good news for people who actually won't buy a new console... As I doubt games will be "playable" on the X1/X1S.

Those games in 2021 on the X1/S might end up being 720p versions struggling to hit 30FPS.

The real interesting thing this is, that if MS can't make it work and come out and say due technical issues XB1 version won't be made, you can bet your arse that the cows will be jumping down their throats for not keeping its promise made with Booty's statement, in which cows are criticizing them over for doing this.

Either way its a no win situation. If that happens watch for a dumbarse thread from the idiot who made this one or one of the other idiotic herd members.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#703  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@Coolyfett said:

MS is an odd company when it comes to gaming. Other than the color green and being affiliated with Windows what is their brand exactly? Who is their brand? When people think Xbox they think of Call of Duty & Halo. What else do they have? It seems to Coolyfett people that play that console exclusively are deprived. Why not just come to PlayStation or Nintendo?

Saying MS doesn't have a brand, then mentioning Windows, Halo, COD and Green as brands kind of negates your point doesn't it?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#704 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@i_p_daily said:

Cow epyon.

So do you bookmark threads where your fellow cows make statements? of course not.

Without DF comparison threads you seem a little lost on here, hopefully the PS5 is more powerful so you can go back to them next gen LMFAO.

So so late to the conversation only to add nothing to it. You must be so bored.

Your timing is also perfect seeing as it looks like the Xbox One might be responsible for Cyberpunk's delay. They can't get it to run well, so you know what that means...

Late? I posted a couple of times about 10 pages back, where you too busy claiming ownership over a lem to see it? and when you started to get owned you're like i'm done here and wanted to run away, with a statement of i'm gonna bookmark this and come back later and own all lems because i'm a big boy in big boy pants lol.

You are a special kind of cow, one that hides in the closet pretending to be a hermit. I hope that the PS5 is more powerful over the seX, that way you will feel like you're relevant on here and can post DF videos because you suddenly got un-busy LMFAO.

Oh sorry I tend to ignore useless posts that don't add to the conversation. Maybe your posts should be more interesting, then I'll take notice.

What you tend to ignore is when people best you, best run along now.

Tonight before I go to bed I will pray that the PS5 is more powerful so you can make a comeback to making those shitty DF threads.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#705 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Get back in line, Matt Booty.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Missed opportunity on MS part. They should be saying that Xbox One X will be the only supported Xbox One based console and it will be $299 or less when Xbox Series X comes out.

All games will play on either consoles and support for OG Xbox One and Xbox One S won’t be supported for new games but everything goes forward if you choose to go Xbox One X or Series X

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#707 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I can actually see this being a bit of a smart move. Since consoles are typically sold at a loss anyways, I think software sales are more important to Microsoft at this time. Let's not forget about how Activision sold PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Call of Duty: Ghosts while also having an "upgrade to PS4/XB1 for $10" program, too.

Who's to say that Microsoft won't be selling upgrade packages for last-gen versions of Xbox Series X games?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@flashn00b said:

I can actually see this being a bit of a smart move. Since consoles are typically sold at a loss anyways, I think software sales are more important to Microsoft at this time. Let's not forget about how Activision sold PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Call of Duty: Ghosts while also having an "upgrade to PS4/XB1 for $10" program, too.

Who's to say that Microsoft won't be selling upgrade packages for last-gen versions of Xbox Series X games?

Activision is a 3rd party so sales on as many platforms as possible is its north it always has been.

MS is a console seller.

They could sell more Halo infinite copies,at the expense of selling less xbox Series X machines,having exclusive games on launch is motivation for transition.

If people can play the same games on xbox one and Series X there is no insentive graphics are not an insentive to most console owners if they can play the same games cheaper,the PS4 Pro and xbox one X are a vivid example of that,most people steered away from both models.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#709 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It makes to have some cross platform, but to have NO system sellers for 2 years is just dumb.

@xxyetixx said:

Missed opportunity on MS part. They should be saying that Xbox One X will be the only supported Xbox One based console and it will be $299 or less when Xbox Series X comes out.

All games will play on either consoles and support for OG Xbox One and Xbox One S won’t be supported for new games but everything goes forward if you choose to go Xbox One X or Series X

This might be an idea. Have a few truly "next gen" games that are also supported by the X. But they haven't wanted to fragment the Xbox One games market when there were just 2 systems, doing that would effectively fragment to 3 different levels of system, where the S would become the odd man out of the ecosystem. It makes sense from a pure "games development" front, not having to cater to that lowest denominator, but there are also reasons against it.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#710 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

That's just a really absurd thing for Matt Booty to say. A next gen console having exclusives at launch or in the launch window is so crucial to have success for a next gen console and to show off what the new system can do. At least Microsoft are making cross gen first party games.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

The real interesting thing this is, that if MS can't make it work and come out and say due technical issues XB1 version won't be made, you can bet your arse that the cows will be jumping down their throats for not keeping its promise made with Booty's statement, in which cows are criticizing them over for doing this.

Either way its a no win situation. If that happens watch for a dumbarse thread from the idiot who made this one or one of the other idiotic herd members.

And why shouldn't people jump down your throat for such a thing? Lems turned this into a fifteen page mega-thread playing defense force for this move and that would be some serious crow to eat if they bailed on the last-gen consoles. But, they're not, even though I'm sure they'd rather move on to better hardware.

Either way, the mega-essays coming from lems would be hilarious.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: lems change their tune in accordance with whatever Phil Spencer tells them. Clowns of system wars for a reason

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: lems change their tune in accordance with whatever Phil Spencer tells them. Clowns of system wars for a reason

I can't wait for the celebrating on these message boards and in the press when Xbox FINALLY decides to make good on their VR promise. VR will miraculously be TOTALLY RELEVANT again. They're a predictable bunch.