Matt Booty says no next gen 1st party Xbox exclusives for the first couple of years

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro:

Wow the PS5 will be $600?

Damn..

If funny seeing try this hard to defend the crap MS just pulled on you lemmings.

All generations has had something unique at launch,including all 3 xbox platforms until now,having no platform specific games at launch is not a + for the series X and we all know the reason behind this is money,the Xbox brand I am sure is hanging in a balance since 2013,which is why MS changed exclusivity on its games.

Who in his right mind would defend spending 500 dollars on a new system to play the same games,and regardless of you silly claim of been lock that is always how the industry has work and is a + not a minus because regardless of having specific games or not the console are coming anyway so better to have something that justify it than not.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#352 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70066 Posts
When Benji claims he is a PC gamer.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@Antwan3K: To answer your statement about what pushed the envelope in the first 15 months last gen. Dead Rising 3, Killzone SF, Infamous SS, Bloodborne, just to name a few. No they weren't on the level of God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn but they were still games that couldn't be done on the previous generation. Another factor you're forgetting is the CPU difference from gen 8 and 9 will be incredibly larger than the CPU difference from gen 7 and 8. That means effects, ai, frame rate, etc will be completely held back. Outside of framerate, there's not many ways to scale back CPU differences which means Series X games will be just shiner One X games with better framerates and maybe maybe better effects. Don't see how Xbox fans can even defend this. For the first year or two , you're basically buying a suped up One X.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 Pedro  Online

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Wow the PS5 will be $600?

Damn..

If funny seeing try this hard to defend the crap MS just pulled on you lemmings.

All generations has had something unique at launch,including all 3 xbox platforms until now,having no platform specific games at launch is not a + for the series X and we all know the reason behind this is money,the Xbox brand I am sure is hanging in a balance since 2013,which is why MS changed exclusivity on its games.

Who in his right mind would defend spending 500 dollars on a new system to play the same games,and regardless of you silly claim of been lock that is always how the industry has work and is a + not a minus because regardless of having specific games or not the console are coming anyway so better to have something that justify it than not.

Last I checked, Sony was the only company of three to release a $600 console. You may want to brush up on your history.

The same kind of people who upgrade their PC and buy consoles at launch.

You and your comrades have to shill better with such fragile logic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 Pedro  Online

@Sagemode87 said:

@Antwan3K: To answer your statement about what pushed the envelope in the first 15 months last gen. Dead Rising 3, Killzone SF, Infamous SS, Bloodborne, just to name a few. No they weren't on the level of God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn but they were still games that couldn't be done on the previous generation. Another factor you're forgetting is the CPU difference from gen 8 and 9 will be incredibly larger than the CPU difference from gen 7 and 8. That means effects, ai, frame rate, etc will be completely held back. Outside of framerate, there's not many ways to scale back CPU differences which means Series X games will be just shiner One X games with better framerates and maybe maybe better effects. Don't see how Xbox fans can even defend this. For the first year or two , you're basically buying a suped up One X.

The only thing that couldn't be done at the same level of fidelity were graphics. Nothing else.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11209 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

@i_p_daily: He is a PC gamer that only plays Xbox games.🤣🤣🤣

He's a cow who owns a PC that he plays Xbox games on to make hate threads about MS.

Benji = Idiot.

Damn, you upset! This is what happens when Xbox guys can't justify their hardware anymore. You've been left behind, fellas. Other people can enjoy your goodies now, for better. In the meantime, you guys still have to play with the unfortunate children for the next two years. How altruistic of you guys. 😆

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#357 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20150 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Sagemode87 said:

The only thing that couldn't be done at the same level of fidelity were graphics. Nothing else.

You couldn't fit the worlds of those games on a ps3/x360 without some major design changes. It's not just how good they look but how much could fit in memory and how fast it could all stream in. On a system like the PS$, a game like Bloodborne still relied on slow opening doors to load the next sections. Putting that game on a PS3 would mean building in loading screens at doors, making the experience much worse.

There are also gameplay implications. Here's an example. When Battlefield 4 came out as a cross-gen title, they had to limit the previous-gen versions to 40 players just to maintain an already shaky 60fps and to keep the maps consistent with the other versions of the game.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Pedro said:

Can someone stop Pedro's pain? His platform of choice is failing him and he wants to punch me in the face for having better hardware than he does. Woe is me, lol! Phil help this boy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#359 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

A PC gamer complaining about this particular issue must be one of the most surreal things I've seen in SW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#360  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'm not sure how Microsoft is looking at console releases at the moment, but maybe it's good that they are doing something different from the competition.

I think there's a lot we don't know about next-gen tech at the moment. But it's good that current gen will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#361 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@phbz said:

A PC gamer complaining about this particular issue must be one of the most surreal things I've seen in SW.

Its a case of

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

He's a cow who owns a PC that he plays Xbox games on to make hate threads about MS.

Benji = Idiot.

Damn, you upset! This is what happens when Xbox guys can't justify their hardware anymore. You've been left behind, fellas. Other people can enjoy your goodies now, for better. In the meantime, you guys still have to play with the unfortunate children for the next two years. How altruistic of you guys. 😆

You have no shame, I mean you were shot down by a hermit and here you are still swinging at thin air lol.

Keep up the bad work as everyone is enjoying laughing at your expense :)

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

Benji = Idiot.

You have no shame, I mean you were shot down by a hermit and here you are still swinging at thin air lol.

Yeah yeah, keep crying and whining that the cows are hiding behind PCs while Xbox hardware continues to not have relevance. I look forward to all the weepy posts where you try to convince yourself that buying a Series X was a good idea... that's if you can afford to buy one at all. Hell, could be half price the very next Black Friday considering how things go for MS. 😆

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

Benji = Idiot.

Yeah yeah, keep crying and whining that the cows are hiding behind PCs while Xbox hardware continues to not have relevance. I look forward to all the weepy posts where you try to convince yourself that buying a Series X was a good idea... that's if you can afford to buy one at all. Hell, could be half price the very next Black Friday considering how things go for MS. 😆

You have been christened as Frog's bitch that's all people will remember from this thread LOL.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@i_p_daily said:

You have been christened as Frog's bitch that's all people will remember from this thread LOL.

How was that an ownage when we're both playing Xbox games better than you. Sony just made you all collectively their bitches, and its not even launch day yet. You guys aren't gonna make it. LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin: Benji frog's bitch banklin, has a nice ring to it, sounds even better when you say it in the voice of a game show announcer, give it a try LMFAO.

Anyway i'm off to play some MK11 where the fatalities will be tame in comparison to the one you got in this thread :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#367 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56304 Posts

@Ovirew said:

I'm not sure how Microsoft is looking at console releases at the moment, but maybe it's good that they are doing something different from the competition.

I think there's a lot we don't know about next-gen tech at the moment. But it's good that current gen will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future.

If memory serves, when we move from 7th gen to 8th gen. when both PS4/Xbox One launch, the PS3/360 were still being supported with all these cross-gen they been getting and it wasn't until Dying Light release January of 2015, that's when we start to noticing cross-gen was coming to a close and developers we're on-board just making games only for PS4/Xbox One.

Once PS5/Xbox Series X (or just Xbox whichever you prefer) release this year, previous gens will always be supported until we start seeing cross-gen ports dying out. I'd say MS is doing the right by not forcing gamers to go buy next-gen at this time until that gamer is ready to move on.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@i_p_daily said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Benji frog's bitch banklin, has a nice ring to it, sounds even better when you say it in the voice of a game show announcer, give it a try LMFAO.

Anyway i'm off to play some MK11 where the fatalities will be tame in comparison to the one you got in this thread :)

Pathetic. MS failed you and you got run up and down this thread per usual. I have to still mail you that certificate of ownage so you can FINALLY acknowledge me as your superior. I'm gonna change my username to i_own_daily. Submit!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: Which MK11 Kharacter are you playing? I'm still playing MK11 as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: You got schooled. Time to sit this one out son.

@Zero_epyon said:

You couldn't fit the worlds of those games on a ps3/x360 without some major design changes. It's not just how good they look but how much could fit in memory and how fast it could all stream in. On a system like the PS$, a game like Bloodborne still relied on slow opening doors to load the next sections. Putting that game on a PS3 would mean building in loading screens at doors, making the experience much worse.

There are also gameplay implications. Here's an example. When Battlefield 4 came out as a cross-gen title, they had to limit the previous-gen versions to 40 players just to maintain an already shaky 60fps and to keep the maps consistent with the other versions of the game.

The Switch runs The Witcher 3, Tomb Raider reboot is on the 360. This claim of can't be done is simply false. You made your argument worse with the inclusion of Battlefield 4 ,not better. Concessions have always been made on weaker systems. This does not equate to "cannot be done".

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 DaVillain  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin: I don't know what to tell you but both Xantufrog & I_P_Daily got you so good, you are running around in circles in you're very own thread and this is all I'm seeing coming from you as of right now:

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@davillain- said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I don't know what to tell you but both Xantufrog & I_P_Daily got you so good, you are running around in circles in you're very own thread and this is all I'm seeing coming from you as of right now:

LOL! Once the lem's favorite mod starts crying in these threads, I KNOW you all have been collectively owned. Besides, you own a PC, you don't even have to deal with this Xbox console garbage. Why throw yourself in this fight? I mean, I can't really call it a fight when the head of Xbox himself seems to throwing in the towel.

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: He threw himself in because you are writing nonsense. Not everything and everyone is a 24 hour fanboy like yourself.🤣😂

Maybe next time avoid typing with your ass.😐🙂😌😁😂🤣

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: You got schooled. Time to sit this one out son.

@Zero_epyon said:

The Switch runs The Witcher 3, Tomb Raider reboot is on the 360. This claim of can't be done is simply false. You made your argument worse with the inclusion of Battlefield 4 ,not better. Concessions have always been made on weaker systems. This does not equate to "cannot be done".

Concessions mean that the intent of the developers cannot be fully realized because of limited hardware.

https://www.polygon.com/2015/9/25/9397629/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-no-campaign-ps3-xbox-360

Remember how Blackops 3 didn't ship with a campaign at all on PS3/360? It was because Treyarch couldn't get it to run the way they wanted it to. So they dropped it. I guarantee you that if Treyarch weren't run by Activision, there wouldn't have been a Blackops 3 on PS3/360. Do you think Dice wanted a 40 player limit on consoles? Then why didn't they keep it at 40 for the PS4/Xbox One?

The switch is a current (next gen to some) system that's arguably more powerful than last gen systems. Of course, it's possible to run a graphically downgraded version of Witcher and even Red Dead 2 on it. Can you confidently say the same can be done on a PS3/360 when they struggled to run a Call Of Duty campaign?

But I understand why you believe this. You think the next gen consoles won't introduce a big enough leap so next gen games should run just fine with a few graphics reduction right? And I think that's the problem. I'm expecting a bigger leap this generation. Big enough to the point where games built specifically for PS5/XSX will not run on previous systems without major design changes.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: He threw himself in because you are writing nonsense. Not everything and everyone is a 24 hour fanboy like yourself.🤣😂

Maybe next time avoid typing with your ass.😐🙂😌😁😂🤣

He just can't stay neutral. I know how it is. Everybody has to clear the bench here sometimes... it's system wars. All I know is, come November, Xbox dudes are gonna be crying so much they're gonna get dehydrated. You guys better stock up on the Gatorade. 😂🤣

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 DaVillain  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin: Who said I threw myself into this conversation? I'm pointing out the flaws of you're own replies and as such, you haven't learned a damn thing. Best to NOT reply at all. Make a new thread to discuss something cause this is all I'm seeing:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#377 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

What has this thread become? Jesus lol. It's become a tit-for-tat, and Benji is hurting pretty bad.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@lundy86_4 said:

What has this thread become? Jesus lol. It's become a tit-for-tat, and Benji is hurting pretty bad.

It has become the great Xbox reckoning, apparently. I'm not sure how the lems will recover. I'm done... just like Xbox this November. LOL!

I kid the lems though. I know they like upressed old games, it was a big selling point for them this gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:

He just can't stay neutral. I know how it is. Everybody has to clear the bench here sometimes... it's system wars. All I know is, come November, Xbox dudes are gonna be crying so much they're gonna get dehydrated. You guys better stock up on the Gatorade. 😂🤣

Why would they be crying?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#380 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

It has become the great Xbox reckoning, apparently. I'm not sure how the lems will recover. I'm done... just like Xbox this November. LOL!

I kid the lems though. I know they like upressed old games, it was a big selling point for them this gen.

You aren't done... As seen above, you'll just continue whatever it is you're holding onto. Dude, you might need some help.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 Pedro  Online

@lundy86_4 said:

You aren't done... As seen above, you'll just continue whatever it is you're holding onto. Dude, you might need some help.

Are you asking him to stop following Phil Spencer on Twitter?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Why would they be crying?

Why are you crying now? Lems have been getting owned by huge posts in this thread left and right telling you guys what's up. GoldenElemental and WitIsWisdom have been the MVPs of this thread puttin' the hurt in on you boys. You guys better toughen up, because you got two years of the console's launch to deal with this. Or don't. I need the laughs.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Why are you crying now? Lems have been getting owned by huge posts in this thread left and right telling you guys what's up. GoldenElemental and WitIsWisdom have been the MVPs of this thread puttin' the hurt in on you boys. You guys better toughen up, because you got two years of the console's launch to deal with this. Or don't. I need the laughs.

You have to do better than that. Lets try this again but this time try not to sounding foolish.

Why would Xbox fans be crying November?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#384 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@davillain-: i stated that "We know that the vast majority of people have nothing like a PC capable of x1x performances, let alone xsx."

People, as in PC owners....

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 Zero_epyon

@sealionact said:

@davillain-: i stated that "We know that the vast majority of people have nothing like a PC capable of x1x performances, let alone xsx."

People, as in PC owners....

That's an interesting claim. Got a link that backs it up?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

@goldenelementxl: when you post nonsense, it's really easy to respond..

At this point I'm not sure you're even responding me to. You haven't countered what I've said with anything substantial. You make examples and analogy's that either prove my point or don't make the case for or disprove anything being discussed. So going forward I'm going to keep things short but sweet.

@Antwan3K said:

@goldenelementxl: when you post nonsense, it's really easy to respond..

1) Nintendo had the same IP and everything else but it didn't save the N64, it didn't save the GameCube, and it didn't save the Wii U.. They can fail just like anyone else.. But they're playing to their strengths now.. Microsoft is about to play to their strengths too.. We'll see how it plays out. Microsoft is the only player in the game that is currently looking at a single purchase across current gen, next gen, PC, and mobile (via XCloud) for native installs and streaming.. When has this ever happened before?.. Before going insane at the prospect of Microsoft using their platforms and cloud infrastructure to their full advantage, at least let the gen start first..

1 - Microsoft is only coming to next gen with the same IP. The IP that has them firmly in 3rd. Nintendo came with a new gameplay hook to get them over the hump. Microsoft giving their library away for $1-$13 a month isn't an innovation. You are literally proving my point here. Just coming with the same software on a new device isn't enough to turn the tide. Giving consumers easier access to the software they have told you they don't care about isn't going to change a damn thing

2 - We already have a good idea how the subscription plan works out for Microsoft. Gamepass for PC has been out since June 9th of 2019. So with the Xbox One and PC userbases combined, the best Gears could pull was 3 million players opening weekend. That's less than Spider-Man, God of War, Pokemon etc and those games were SOLD and not part of a subscription

@Antwan3K said:

2). Imagine if the Xbox One X never existed.. Image if this entire gen, it was "720p VS 1080p".. Are you really this slow??... The Xbox One X changed the narrative.. Plain and simple.. Sure, PS4 still had better 1st party content but now Xbox at least had the better multiplats.. Regardless of what happens in terms of 1st party, this will likely be the case again with Xbox Series X.. Also imagine for one second that Microsoft 1st party gets their act together, they have the largest single purchase install base across their combined platforms, AND they have the most powerful console on the market.. Dude, we can't predict the future but they are clearly working to correct every single mistake they've made in the past..

1 - If the X never existed, things would be exactly as they currently are. Xbox 3rd in every NPD. The X changed the "winner" of Digital Foundry videos. We now know "winning" Digital Foundry videos has no effect on sales. The power narrative has no bearing on success. Look at the generations of the past.

2 -Imagine that Microsofts 1st party gets their act together? That's a pretty big ask.

3 - Xbox currently has the most powerful console and the largest purchase install base with PC onboard. They aren't selling hardware or software as well as the competition. We don't need the Series X to tell us this strategy doesn't work. Microsoft has already proved it!

Everything else you wrote is not worth a response

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 sealionact

@Zero_epyon: Its groundhog day all over again.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some days ago....

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

As long as this affects only first party games, then that's fine. It would be a shame to create a decently powerful console and then not take advantage of it and hold the PC back, like consoles usually do.

I doubt it'll have many exclusives even after the fact. But, I won't complain as long as they bring the games to PC as well. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e20304971dd5
deactivated-5e20304971dd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 deactivated-5e20304971dd5
Member since 2020 • 67 Posts

@Zero_epyon: isn't it possible to deduct that information from Steam? I'm not sure if he's correct I just wanted to help and give a source that might clear it up.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 sealionact

@Sagemode87: Its amazing to see how people twist things in order to justify their fanboyisms.

"Series X games will be just shiner One X games with better framerates and maybe maybe better effects. Don't see how Xbox fans can even defend this. For the first year or two , you're basically buying a suped up One X."

The facts are MS have announced that for a year or two, their 1st party games will be playable and cross playable on x1, x1x and xsx. That's probably a total of FOUR games. It doesn't mean that 3rd party games have to go down this route, but it's pretty logical that the vast majority of games at launch on ps5 and xsx will run on the previous gen.Why would devs want to miss out on that market?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 Zero_epyon

@xfighter said:

@Zero_epyon: isn't it possible to deduct that information from Steam? I'm not sure if he's correct I just wanted to help and give a source that might clear it up.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

I'm not sure if steam surveys are scientific measures since the surveys are optional and anonymous. They also don't tell you how many players actually took the survey so those percentages could mean anything. But even if they were and the info remained the same and were accurate of the install base, it seems that the most popular card is the GTX 1060 which is on par with the X (the 6 GB version of the 1060).

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Lol dumbest strategy ever. With PS5 and XBSX launching so close together the no brainer choice will be PS5. And Microsoft will suffer this gen. Again.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8279 Posts

to

@goldenelementxl said:

1 - Microsoft is only coming to next gen with the same IP. The IP that has them firmly in 3rd. Nintendo came with a new gameplay hook to get them over the hump. Microsoft giving their library away for $1-$13 a month isn't an innovation. You are literally proving my point here. Just coming with the same software on a new device isn't enough to turn the tide. Giving consumers easier access to the software they have told you they don't care about isn't going to change a damn thing

2 - We already have a good idea how the subscription plan works out for Microsoft. Gamepass for PC has been out since June 9th of 2019. So with the Xbox One and PC userbases combined, the best Gears could pull was 3 million players opening weekend. That's less than Spider-Man, God of War, Pokemon etc and those games were SOLD and not part of a subscription

"Short but sweet" meaning "i'll just cherry pick my responses and ignore everything I can't counter".. But sure, here we go:

1) So Hellblade is the same IP Microsoft came with this gen?.. How about Outerworlds?.. That's just two examples of critically acclaimed games whose sequels that will be exclusive to Xbox next-gen but now those studios will have even more recourses and support.. Again, you seem to keep conveniently forgetting that Microsoft has been making the necessary changes to bolster their 1st party offerings.. to pretend that "Microsoft is only coming to next gen with the same IP" is just biased and uninformed..

I agree that compelling software is always going to be a key component of a good gaming system or service.. And if they can provide consumers easier access to that software by combining their install base across current-gen, next-gen, PC, and cloud, that's Microsoft playing to their strengths.. Neither Sony or Nintendo have proven that they can match Microsoft on that front, yet you're trying to bash them for making an attempt to capitalize on that clear advantage..

2) Lol do you honestly believe Gears 5 would have received HIGHER downloads if it was limited to just Xbox One and only available for $60?.. Regardless of how you spin it, having Gears 5 available on PC and available on Game Pass allowed more people to play and support that game than otherwise.. Just because Spiderman did extremely wll on PS4, do you honestly think it would have been purchased and downloaded LESS if it was also available for PC?.. what if you could also download it via PS Now on day one?.. do you think LESS people would have played it then?..

Your dumb argument is dumb.. having a larger install base and an easier point of entry results in more potential consumer support.. PERIOD..

2 -Imagine that Microsofts 1st party gets their act together? That's a pretty big ask.

3 - Xbox currently has the most powerful console and the largest purchase install base with PC onboard. They aren't selling hardware or software as well as the competition. We don't need the Series X to tell us this strategy doesn't work. Microsoft has already proved it!

2) Dude, they're taking the proper steps to solve that problem.. There's nothing else to be said on that subject until the new games from their studios start coming out..

3) Use your brain for a single second.. Let's say a new Gran Turismo is a launch title for the PS5 and is exclusively available there with a single purchase.. and let's say Forza Motorsports 8 is a launch title for Xbox Series X and is available for current-gen consoles, next-gen consoles, and PCs with a single purchase or Game Pass subscription..

Which game do you think will have the higher number of potential downloads and/or purchases?.. If you can't figure out that simple math, you're a lost cause..

Everything else you wrote is not worth a response

Spoken exactly like a person who can't come up with a compelling argument.. We both know that hardware is sold to provide software.. No one is making money on selling console hardware in the 1st couple years of a console launch.. and we both know install bases of next-gen consoles are pitifully small in comparison to what's been already established in the previous generation.. These are undisputable facts..

So you trying to twist the fact that Microsoft will have the exponentially higher install base for 1st party software going into next-gen, by not ignoring current-gen consoles, is laughable.. The idea that you're trying to twist such a consumer facing move is even more laughable..

If you think it's better for us consumers to have their current consoles abandoned as soon as new hardware is on the market, cool.. but just know that this ideal doesnt exist in any other tech or entertainment medium.. You don't get cut-off from new games on your PC when a new GPU is released.. You don't get cut-off from new apps and games on your smartphone when a new phone is released.. But you applaud the idea that PS4 owners, especially anyone who just bought or received one this holiday, are going to lose 1st party support for new games later this year?.. That's a good thing to you?.. sure, buddy..

Only in SW do people complain about new 1st party games being available on day one with a low-cost subscription.. Only in SW do people complain about being able to play new 1st party games on their gaming rig instead of a relatively underpowered console.. And only in SW do people applaud at the idea of arbitrarily being forced to spend $400~ for the privilege of playing new 1st party games instead of the luxury of making that upgrade decision yourself..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: Which MK11 Kharacter are you playing? I'm still playing MK11 as well.

I'm trying them all as I gotta see all the fatalities. My all time favourite is Sub-Zero but he kinda sucks in this :(

So far my favourites are Raiden, Sonya & Scorpion, but I haven't tried them all yet.

I must say i'm doing towers so I can get coins to go in the krypt and open up some treasure chests, that place is fun. I need some more green souls so I can cross the bridge to see what's on the other side.

I completed story mode, skipping about 90% of the cutscenes, they just drag on & on :(

So who's your favourite?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K said:

2) Lol do you honestly believe Gears 5 would have received HIGHER downloads if it was limited to just Xbox One and only available for $60?.. Regardless of how you spin it, having Gears 5 available on PC and available on Game Pass allowed more people to play and support that game than otherwise.. Just because Spiderman did extremely wll on PS4, do you honestly think it would have been purchased and downloaded LESS if it was also available for PC?.. what if you could also download it via PS Now on day one?.. do you think LESS people would have played it then?..

Again, that's not the point I'm making. Of course more people have access to Gears 5 and more people played it through GP vs what the number would have been through conventional means. I'm saying that Gears 5 being on GP, XB1 and PC install bases, $1 subscription, only managed 3 million players on a launch week. That's the kind of number the Xbox library pulls. Thats the level of interest the Gears series pulls. That strategy isn't going to save the Xbox brand. Nintendo has a smaller userbase than just the Xbox console userbase and blows those numbers out of the water. That's because Nintendo has a winning strategy

@Antwan3K said:

Only in SW do people complain about new 1st party games being available on day one with a low-cost subscription.. Only in SW do people complain about being able to play new 1st party games on their gaming rig instead of a relatively underpowered console.. And only in SW do people applaud at the idea of arbitrarily being forced to spend $400~ for the privilege of playing new 1st party games instead of the luxury of making that upgrade decision yourself..

I'm not complaining. I like free stuff as much as the next guy. But nothing the Xbox brand has done the past 5 years has moved the needle. Microsoft needed to kill the Xbox One and start fresh. That name, the damage it has done, Xbox One is so far gone that it can't be redeemed. Instead, Microsoft is going all in and banking on their ability to do something they haven't done in over a decade. The Xbox weakness has been its software. Yet you're here telling us the software is what will save the brand from it's losing streak? You're basing your stance on hope and dreams. What evidence do you have that this will work? Because GP isn't new... We've seen how expanding the playerbase as affected the Xbox brand. We've seen what it means to have the most powerful console on the market. Consumers still don't care. What is going to change with the launch of Series X?

I want the Xbox to come back. Fans like you are why the brand is dying. We need to demand more or the Xbox brand will fail. Microsoft is basically saying they can't compete with Sony, can't innovate like Nintendo, so here have all this stuff for $12 a month. AND PEOPLE STILL DON'T CARE!

But that's good enough for you, so I guess I have nothing else to say.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

Pathetic. MS failed you and you got run up and down this thread per usual. I have to still mail you that certificate of ownage so you can FINALLY acknowledge me as your superior. I'm gonna change my username to i_own_daily. Submit!

You got a mod that owned you and made you his bitch and another mod telling you that we are making fun of you and your claim is you owned ME lol.

C'mon Benji everyone can see that you owned yourself the moment you clicked the post button.

You should seek help for the delusions of grandeur you have, and while you're there you should talk to someone over your love for Phil Spencer as its unhealthy :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K said:

Spoken exactly like a person who can't come up with a compelling argument.. We both know that hardware is sold to provide software.. No one is making money on selling console hardware in the 1st couple years of a console launch.. and we both know install bases of next-gen consoles are pitifully small in comparison to what's been already established in the previous generation.. These are undisputable facts..

So you trying to twist the fact that Microsoft will have the exponentially higher install base for 1st party software going into next-gen, by not ignoring current-gen consoles, is laughable.. The idea that you're trying to twist such a consumer facing move is even more laughable..

If you think it's better for us consumers to have their current consoles abandoned as soon as new hardware is on the market, cool.. but just know that this ideal doesnt exist in any other tech or entertainment medium.. You don't get cut-off from new games on your PC when a new GPU is released.. You don't get cut-off from new apps and games on your smartphone when a new phone is released.. But you applaud the idea that PS4 owners, especially anyone who just bought or received one this holiday, are going to lose 1st party support for new games later this year?.. That's a good thing to you?.. sure, buddy..

I never made these arguments or claimed any of these things you're saying. I'm clearly talking to a Xbox fanatic that can't be objective towards the company he prefers. I prefer Xbox over Playstation and want Microsoft to succeed in the console space. That doesn't mean I have to defend every move they make.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8279 Posts

@goldenelementxl: So, according to you, Xbox software isn't any good and wont be any good next generation either.. So based on that, there's nothing to be done on the 1st party side, regardless of how may new studios they aquire and create.. gotcha..

So, with that said, your solution would be to make the Xbox Series X, limit their horrible 1st party software exclusively to that console, and sell those new games for $60 each; ensuring the least amount of software penetration possible..

And you think that strategy is their best chance at beating the PS5?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@davillain- said:

I endorse this post because its true and Benji has a sore arse over it :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: I have the Kombat Pack DLC and my favorite is Sindel, Shang Tsung, & Noob Saibot. So far, I'm really good at using Sindel & Noob for the most parts. The only Mk fighter I'm really looking forward to is Spawn coming in March 2020.