How long will it take for PC to catch up to Xbox One X?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

I don't have the energy or interest to research how fast PC parts drop in price to answer your question. If you actually do wonder about that, you should do the research. And then tell me. :P

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@quadknight said:
@drlostrib said:
@wizard said:

@drlostrib: You should point towards the source. Because those "Devs" and "People" sound really stupid. It's not like they've been wrong before. Multiple times...

those ARC guys, they work on both PC and X1X so they have hands on experience with both

? Some quality trolling you're doing here dude. I feel bad Ron hasn't fallen for this bait yet.

Where is Ron by the way? I miss his wrong postings and spamming.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@pinkanimal said:
@quadknight said:
@drlostrib said:
@wizard said:

@drlostrib: You should point towards the source. Because those "Devs" and "People" sound really stupid. It's not like they've been wrong before. Multiple times...

those ARC guys, they work on both PC and X1X so they have hands on experience with both

? Some quality trolling you're doing here dude. I feel bad Ron hasn't fallen for this bait yet.

I dunno, I wonder if he's been banned or maybe he's taking time off SW. I find the latter part tough to believe.

@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:
@primorandomguy said:

@treelog187: No. I understand he's trolling but it still doesn't Change the fact that users like blueinheaven, Bassman, reduc ab, and quackknight are losing their minds. I love it.

You're a clown. I'm laughing at him, his trolling is obvious. How do my posts in this thread show I'm "losing my mind"? You clearly are a dumbass if you think I'm getting upset when I respond to the OP with posts like this...

you're trying really hard to show you're not upset though

You're trying really hard to pretend that this obvious bait is upsetting cows. I don't see any upset cows in this thread.

Stop reaching dude.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PinkAnimal

@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:
@quadknight said:
@drlostrib said:
@wizard said:

I dunno, I wonder if he's been banned or maybe he's taking time off SW. I find the latter part tough to believe.

I hope he's not banned. I just wish he cuts down on the spamming though since he makes threads unreadable but his weirdness is entertaining.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 QuadKnight

@pinkanimal said:
@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:
@quadknight said:
@drlostrib said:

I hope he's not banned. I just wish he cuts down on the spamming though since he makes threads unreadable but his weirdness is entertaining.

Yup, his weirdness is entertaining. His chart spams though aren't fun to read.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I'd say probably about 2020 or so but then in 2021 or so MS launches Supah Mighty X1XX and boom, back to MasterRace once again where Xbox belongs. lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#107  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I'd rather ask: how long it will take the X1X to catch up with the other consoles and PC when it comes to games library?

My take is: never happening

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@quadknight said:
@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

You're a clown. I'm laughing at him, his trolling is obvious. How do my posts in this thread show I'm "losing my mind"? You clearly are a dumbass if you think I'm getting upset when I respond to the OP with posts like this...

you're trying really hard to show you're not upset though

You're trying really hard to pretend that this obvious bait is upsetting cows. I don't see any upset cows in this thread.

Well there is you, so...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@drlostrib said:

So we all know that X1X is bringing that 1070 power for 4k resolution for $500

How long do you think it will take before you can build an equally powered PC for about the same price?

Or do you think there will be a significant X1X price drop before we even get close?

According to Ronvalencia's ""Nothing Can touch the Xbox One X" Theory about 600 years..

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@Zero_epyon: The only ones I see taking bait are your fellow Bovine and it's delicious.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Got that title the wrong way around there, Doc.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

A couple years.

@drlostrib Some people have A.D.D and are only going to read the title and not the OP.

I've been on this board long enough to know that lostrib isn't stupid.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@Jebus213 said:

A couple years.

@drlostrib Some people have A.D.D and are only going to read the title and not the OP.

Doc's OP is every bit as misleading, perpetrating the myth that X1X is equal to GTX 1070 performance. A PC with GTX 1070 and decent i5 (or Ryzen equivalent) can actually and consistently run AAA games in native 4K, with High settings, at (or near) 60 fps.

With X1X aside from racers and low spec indie games, most AAA titles use checkerboard scaling to emulate 4K and are limited to 30 fps.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:
@Jebus213 said:

A couple years.

Doc's OP is every bit as misleading, perpetrating the myth that X1X is equal to GTX 1070 performance. A PC with GTX 1070 and decent i5 (or Ryzen equivalent) can actually and consistently run AAA games in native 4K, with High settings, at (or near) 60 fps.

With X1X aside from racers and low spec indie games, most AAA titles use checkerboard scaling to emulate 4K and are limited to 30 fps.

https://techgage.com/article/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review-a-look-at-1440p-4k-ultra-wide-gaming/2/

BF 4 : 46 average

Crysis 3 : 30 average

Doom : 42 average

GTA V : 53 average

Metro Last Light Redux : 19 average

ROTR : 35 average

TW3 : 39 average

RSS : 25 average

Total War Attila : 25 average

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Got that title the wrong way around there, Doc.

it's attention grabbing

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DrLostRib

@AdobeArtist said:
@Jebus213 said:

A couple years.

I'm not the one who came up with the 1070 level of power. Take it up with DF

None of that answers the question in the OP anyways

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@FastRobby: Lol quackknight calls me a dumbass but he isn't upset. Lol. He's so transparent.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@MonsieurX said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@Jebus213 said:

A couple years.

https://techgage.com/article/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review-a-look-at-1440p-4k-ultra-wide-gaming/2/

BF 4 : 46 average (Ultra)

Crysis 3 : 30 average

Doom : 42 average

GTA V : 53 average (Ultra)

Metro Last Light Redux : 19 average

ROTR : 35 average

TW3 : 39 average (Ultra)

RSS : 25 average (ULtra)

Total War Attila : 25 average (Ultra)

More of those games were benchmarked at Ultra settings including; BF4, GTAV, Witcher 3, RSS, and Attila. While I set my criteria at just High, as I expected not all games could perform well on 4K Ultra. So yeah on those games you could get better frame rate taking the settings down one step, closer to what I projected. I'm not that far off my mark.

Oh and let's not forget, all those in native 4K, while far more X1X games (the high production samples anyway) have been revealed to be checkerboard and still limited to 30 fps.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#119  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@airraidjet said:

Moderately high-end gaming PCs are already more powerful than Xbox One X.

What are you trying to say?

Same power for the price of the X1

Few months for equivalent 1070 gpu to have around 250$ because if we talk about other aspects like RAM etc already PCs are far ahead.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@drlostrib said:

How long do you think it will take before you can build an equally powered PC for about the same price?

Or do you think there will be a significant X1X price drop before we even get close?

According to Ronvalencia's ""Nothing Can touch the Xbox One X" Theory about 600 years..

That's BS. AMD Raven Ridge IGP with 11 CU (single CU lane) rivals XBO IGP's 12 CU (two CU lane).

7 nm Raven Ridge APU replace would have around 22 CU which rivals PS4. Notice the pattern.

Furthermore, RX-580 replacement Vega 11 is coming https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-and-av-hardware-909394553/incoming-amd-vega-11-gpus-33404442/#5 Vega 11 GPU is already under production.

GTX 1070 to be sandwich between Vega 11 and Vega 10 Pro (aka RX-Vega 56).

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@drlostrib said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@Jebus213 said:

A couple years.

That's a speculative estimate, until they can get their hands on a release model for detailed inspection and live game analysis. I realize you didn't come up with the comparison yourself, but you sure are eager to spin it off as often as you can since it's a narrative you want to hear.

And even IF the X1X GPU is somewhere like 90% close to a GTX 1070 (I still have my doubts) game performance doesn't rest solely on the GPU alone, it's the system as a whole that determines any game's final outcome. CPU and even RAM still counts.

Which is where the X1X Jaguar CPU comes in to play as a limiting factor, holding back that GPU. Even IF equivalent to a GTX 1070, it still wouldn't get the same results as with PC examples where the 1070 is typically paired with an i7 and 16-32 GB DDR4. Most likely why devs have to resort to that checkerboarding with 30 fps limits. Which has also been covered by Digital Foundry, among others ;)

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DrLostRib

@AdobeArtist said:
@drlostrib said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@Jebus213 said:

A couple years.

That's a speculative estimate, until they can get their hands on a release model for detailed inspection and live game analysis. I realize you didn't come up with the comparison yourself, but you sure are eager to spin it off as often as you can since it's a narrative you want to hear.

And even IF the X1X GPU is somewhere like 90% close to a GTX 1070 (I still have my doubts) game performance doesn't rest solely on the GPU alone, it's the system as a whole that determines any game's final outcome. CPU and even RAM still counts.

Which is where the X1X Jaguar CPU comes in to play as a limiting factor, holding back that GPU. Even IF equivalent to a GTX 1070, it still wouldn't get the same results as with PC examples where the 1070 is typically paired with an i7 and 16-32 GB DDR4. Most likely why devs have to resort to that checkerboarding with 30 fps limits. Which has also been covered by Digital Foundry, among others ;)

Has nothing to do with what I want to hear, it's what's been said. It is what it is

But none of that talk gets to the actual topic of the thread

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@drlostrib said:

That's BS. AMD Raven Ridge IGP with 11 CU (single CU lane) rivals XBO IGP's 12 CU (two CU lane).

7 nm Raven Ridge APU replace would have around 22 CU which rivals PS4. Notice the pattern.

Furthermore, RX-580 replacement Vega 11 is coming https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-and-av-hardware-909394553/incoming-amd-vega-11-gpus-33404442/#5 Vega 11 GPU is already under production.

what does this have to do with the topic?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ronvalencia

@AdobeArtist said:
@Jebus213 said:

A couple years.

There only two direct sources for X1X's GPU solution being GTX 1070/Fury X class i.e.

1. DF's ForzaTech X1X reveal vs GTX 1070 FM6 Apex version with heavy alpha effects which is heavy RBE usage.

2. ARK Survival with UE4 and deferred rendering which is heavy RBE usage.

http://techreport.com/review/31224/the-curtain-comes-up-on-amd-vega-architecture/3

To cure this headache, Vega's render back-ends now enjoy access to the chip's L2 cache in the same way that earlier stages in the pipeline do. This change allows more data to remain in the chip's L2 cache instead of being flushed out and brought back from main memory when it's needed again, and it's another improvement that can help deferred-rendering techniques.

X1X's RBEs was modified with 2MB render cache which should help with deferred-rendering techniques like Vega's RBEs/TMUs with shared 4MB L2 cache.

X1X's RBE has 2MB render cache while TMU has 2MB L2 cache.

You are actually arguing MS's hardware modification to X1X with MS first party games' 3D engine profiling is a load of BS and AMD wasted 2 to 3 years seating on their back sides doing nearly nothing.

Understand the reasons for AMD's push for async compute/sync compute and forward plus rendering which is TMU read/write path has multi-MB L2 cache while RBE read/write path has no direct L2 cache.

GTX 1070 is part of the borderline 4K GPU group starting with the lowest RX-580 to R9-390X to stock GTX 980 Ti to stock GTX 1070. Incoming Vega 11 to join this group which replaces RX-580. NVIDIA shouldn't be lazy since GTX 1060 is about to fight Vega 11.

GTX 1070 fails 4K 60 fps! There a reason for G-Sync/FreeSync

Some games such as Call of Duty IW/Titan Fall 2/Resident Evil 7, RX-580 or R9-390X is already close to GTX 1070. There are cases that RX-580 or R9-390X has problems with certain deferred rendering techniques.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Lets see when it comes out, before judging.

So far all consoles of this gen has underperformed compared to the theoretic specs in it. Not saying that the X1X will, but it is best to stay on your toes.

As for how long it will take before a PC can be built to match power and price? (no clue one would do that, but whatever).

Less then a year is my guess. Both the X1X and PS4Pro are pretty good value on paper. But we've seen the pro and its lack of real world benefits outside of checkerboarding 4K.

The Cpu simply caughing and dying. I do not have hopes that the X1X fares better, but then again, maybe MS learned from watching Sony?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#126 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@FastRobby: Lol quackknight calls me a dumbass but he isn't upset. Lol. He's so transparent.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@drlostrib said:

Tormentos attacked me and started a poster war. I'm saying the opposite from Tormentos BS about me. It will NOT take 600 years for PC APUs to catch up to X1X.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Sure X1X true 4k at med to low settings or some fake 4k . M$ fans got hyped with the fake marketing and still has no good console exclusives at launch

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@drlostrib said:

Tormentos attacked me.

Would you say you were tormented by him?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ronvalencia

@Maddie_Larkin said:

Lets see when it comes out, before judging.

So far all consoles of this gen has underperformed compared to the theoretic specs in it. Not saying that the X1X will, but it is best to stay on your toes.

As for how long it will take before a PC can be built to match power and price? (no clue one would do that, but whatever).

Less then a year is my guess. Both the X1X and PS4Pro are pretty good value on paper. But we've seen the pro and its lack of real world benefits outside of checkerboarding 4K.

The Cpu simply caughing and dying. I do not have hopes that the X1X fares better, but then again, maybe MS learned from watching Sony?

PS4 consoles out lasted NVIDIA Kepler counterparts i.e. GK106. The problem has been NVIDIA's Maxwell and it's RBE with multi-MB L2 cache link advantage.

Read http://www.anandtech.com/show/10536/nvidia-maxwell-tile-rasterization-analysis

Before X1X RBE with 2MB render cache and Vega RBE with multi-MB L2 cache link, AMD GPUs are fighting Maxwell and Pascal GPUs with Kepler like RBE design.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

Tormentos attacked me and started a poster war. I'm saying the opposite from Tormentos BS about me. It will NOT take 600 years for PC APUs to catch up to X1X.

Please stop starting poster wars in this thread ron

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:

Tormentos attacked me.

You are protecting a poster who started a poster/flame war.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

That's BS. Tormentos attack me first. Bias hypocrite.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

Tormentos attacked me.

I'm not his protector but he's your tormentor.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Aww you all leave ron alone.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:

Tormentos attacked me.

I'm not his protector but he's your tormentor.

Another bullshit coming from you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#137 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Hasn't it already surpassed it with GTX 1080 ?

I have even heard that 1070 is also more powerful than X1X.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ronvalencia

@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:
@quadknight said:
@drlostrib said:
@wizard said:

I got moderated while you got away with the insult.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By QuadKnight

@FastRobby@primorandomguy:: The people I see butthurt here are you lems. Take it easy or you two clowns will get a ban like Ron did. ? You lems are always so salty.

@ronvalencia said:
@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:
@quadknight said:

? You mean you were got moderated when you were having a meltdown arguing with me.

Next time try not to get so butthurt. This is just a forum no need to get so salty and personal when an argument isn't going your way.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia: spamming is against the rules

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@pinkanimal: ROFL. Great robot meltdown in this thread.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

@drlostrib said:

Few months ago I did $300 dollars worth of upgrades to my brothers $300 office computer and it's probably near the power of the Xbox X (i5 6500, 12GB ram, overclocked 1060 6GB ).

You can basically do it now for $600. If the new generation of video cards next year have a viable sub$200 card then you could come close to $500 next year

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 QuadKnight

@mastershake575 said:
@drlostrib said:

Few months ago I did $300 dollars worth of upgrades to my brothers $300 office computer and it's probably near the power of the Xbox X (i5 6500, 12GB ram, overclocked 1060 6GB ).

You can basically do it now for $600. If the new generation of video cards next year have a viable sub$200 card then you could come close to $500 next year

Nah, those specs already surpass the XboneX especially with that i5.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

@quadknight said:

Yeah I know the i5 crushes the consoles CPU. I wrote "near the power of the xbox X" since i'm still not sure how fast the GPU is in the console.

Theres a HUGE discrepancy on how fast the GPU really is. Early on it was rumored to be about as fast as a third party 970/480x. Now there saying its 1070 power which is fucking 45 to 60% faster than the 970/480........ (I don't understand how the range can be that far apart)

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Jebus213
@pinkanimal said:

@ronvalencia: spamming is against the rules

Ron- "b..bu...but it's not spam ;_;"

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 DrLostRib

@quadknight said:

@FastRobby@primorandomguy:: The people I see butthurt here are you lems. Take it easy or you two clowns will get a ban like Ron did. ? You lems are always so salty.

@ronvalencia said:
@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:
@quadknight said:

? You mean you were got moderated when you were having a meltdown arguing with me.

Next time try not to get so butthurt. This is just a forum no need to get so salty and personal when an argument isn't going your way.

I'd be surprised if one of Ron's insults got him moderated, they're usually pretty bad

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By QuadKnight

@mastershake575 said:
@quadknight said:

Yeah I know the i5 crushes the consoles CPU. I wrote "near the power of the xbox X" since i'm still not sure how fast the GPU is in the console.

Theres a HUGE discrepancy on how fast the GPU really is. Early on it was rumored to be about as fast as a third party 970/480x. Now there saying its 1070 power which is fucking 40 to 55% faster than the 97/480........ (I don't understand how the range can be that far apart)

Nah, it's more between the power of an RX 480 and a GTX 1060. The shitty Ark devs are the only ones claiming it's like a 1070 but their game is an unoptimized POS on PC and they have no credibility. All the evidence we're seeing so far points to the GPU being less powerful than a 1070. You'll find some rabid lems here claim the X1X GPU is a 1070 equivalent but most sane people know it's not.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

That's BS. Tormentos attack me first. Bias hypocrite.

I don't appreciate such name calling in my threads, you ass

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Jebus213
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@drlostrib said:

Absolutely nothing.