Gears 3: So corny, so boring.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

The X-Box 360's swansong Gears of War 3 is a real chore to play. Graphically it does not impress. Actually it looks like Gears 1 with more jaggies and muddier textures. Horrid graphics can be overlooked though when a game has great gameplay but Gears 3 falls flat here as well. It more of the same rumbling from cover to cover using the same weapons over and over shooting the same enemies time and again. This isn't 2006 anymore but Gears 3 looks and plays like it is. Throw in the super machismo extra steriotypical characters into a plot which manages to be both generic and convoluted at the same time and what you have is another meh X-Box exclusive.

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

I guess people like you exist...

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
lol i should make the same thread about uncharted or killzone or resistance.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Really? I thought it was a great game and had great graphics. The characters are campy but so what
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

A comparison between Gears and Gears 3 to prove your point about them looking the same would be great. I'd love to see it.

How is the story convoluted?

o0HAPPY0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 o0HAPPY0o
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts

Another captain obvious post.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#7 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
This isn't even clever. Are you even trying, TC?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Swansong = Halo: Reach, which wipes it's hiney with other console FP games
brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

X-Box 360?

Bwhwhahahahahahahahaha

Kid, you don't even own a 360.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
This isn't even clever. Are you even trying, TC?musicalmac
Thread does seem rather poorly thought out...
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Trolling is a art.

Avatar image for FollowY0urBliss
FollowY0urBliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FollowY0urBliss
Member since 2010 • 320 Posts
[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

The X-Box 360's swansong Gears of War 3 is a real chore to play. Graphically it does not impress. Actually it looks like Gears 1 with more jaggies and muddier textures. Horrid graphics can be overlooked though when a game has great gameplay but Gears 3 falls flat here as well. It more of the same rumbling from cover to cover using the same weapons over and over shooting the same enemies time and again. This isn't 2006 anymore but Gears 3 looks and plays like it is. Throw in the super machismo extra steriotypical characters into a plot which manages to be both generic and convoluted at the same time and what you have is another meh X-Box exclusive.

LOL. No. Next.
Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

Trolling is a art.

Wasdie

yes, and TC is no artist obviously

Austindro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Austindro
Member since 2011 • 856 Posts

Trolling is a art.

Wasdie

Agreed.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
lol i should make the same thread about uncharted or killzone or resistance. xbox360isgr8t
Lol while I think the TC is greatly exaggerating I did feel G3 was a letdown. To me...I don't know....I just came to expect too much from the game I think and just felt letdown by it. I think Gears 3 graphics are very impressive and the gameplay and guns have been much refined since the first Gears game. It was mostly the story that was lacking for me in retrospect. About the last 3rd of the game was what I expected ALL of Gears 3 to be. Overall a good game though, but I can understand partly where the TC is coming from (but only partly). Uncharted and Resistance 3 for me don't fit this category though because they both exceeded my expectations. Resistance 3 is a HUGE improvement over 2 in almost every way. For once we get a FPS with an actual campaign and great storytelling...for once!!! I guess we can throw Halo Reach and Halo 3 in there too, they had rather great stories as well. U3 was amazing for me as well. While the core theme of the gameplay didn't change, how the story was told did. I loved how the story was about Drake's personal journey and learning about himself. I loved getting to see that side of Drake over just treasure hunting. In the end though to each his own lol.
ThaGameDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ThaGameDude
Member since 2011 • 137 Posts

i agree gears sucks, xbox is really a hunk of junk man, i still dont get it, how the hell people play that crap on a crappy system

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#17 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts
Swansong = Halo: Reach, which wipes it's hiney with other console FP gamesSpartan070
The truth, brought to you by Spartan070 :cool:
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#18 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

how the hell people play that crap on a crappy system

ThaGameDude

Well, you press the eject button, and then put the disk in. Close the tray, then the disk spins up, and the laser reads the disk and transmits the data on to the screen--to which the user then uses a controller to input commands which we then use to "play" the game so to speak.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

i agree gears sucks, xbox is really a hunk of junk man, i still dont get it, how the hell people play that crap on a crappy system

ThaGameDude

I dunno. I find it pretty easy myself.

ThaGameDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThaGameDude

[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]how the hell people play that crap on a crappy system

Stevo_the_gamer

Well, you press the eject button, and then put the disk in. Close the tray, then the disk spins up, and the laser reads the disk and transmits the data on to the screen--to which the user then uses a controller to input commands which we then use to "play" the game so to speak.

not funny, and seems like ur starving for a quote of ur post....

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
I'm really getting tired of how when somebody dislikes a popular game they have to make a thread about it. Who cares? Blog it.
Avatar image for dr-professional
dr-professional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 dr-professional
Member since 2011 • 497 Posts

Stevo_the_gamer

Differnce is the "Crappy System" unlike the PS3 does not have 77 million users looking for lost funds, birth certificates, social security, and federal loans from annie mae.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Pray_to_me
Sure thing. If you say so.
Austindro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Austindro

Stevo_the_gamer

I think he was trying to play it on his ps3.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

obvious troll is rather obvious

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

attention much? dude..nobody in their right mind things Gears3 is corny or boring thats even interested in gaming and shooters..Its a great seriese and has pused the boundaries of this gen consoles..so please...move on..OH yea...happy turkey week..:)

ThaGameDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThaGameDude

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

dr-professional

Differnce is the "Crappy System" unlike the PS3 does not have 77 million users looking for lost funds, birth certificates, social security, and federal loans from annie mae.

compare the specs of the ps3 and the xbox, nuff said, and people that bash the xbox do it for a reason its a crappy system, with no good exclusives, and honestly its for people who cant afford the money to buy a ps3, they just dont admit it, so they keep claiming their honda civic xbox is even comparable to the lamborghini ps3, look at the specs and facts before you even begin to defend that crappy system

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

/shrug
I enjoyed it, but corny doesn't bother me. otherwise I wouldn't be such a huge Suda 51 fan :cool:

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

[QUOTE="dr-professional"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Well, you press the eject button, and then put the disk in. Close the tray, then the disk spins up, and the laser reads the disk and transmits the data on to the screen--to which the user then uses a controller to input commands which we then use to "play" the game so to speak.

ThaGameDude

compare the specs of the ps3 and the xbox, nuff said, and people that bash the xbox do it for a reason its a crappy system, with no good exclusives, and honestly its for people who cant afford the money to buy a ps3, they just dont admit it, so they keep claiming their honda civic xbox is even comparable to the lamborghini ps3, look at the specs and facts before you even begin to defend that crappy system

"its for people who cant afford the money to buy a ps3, they just dont admit it, so they keep claiming their honda civic xbox is even comparable to the lamborghini ps3"

oh man! :?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

ThaGameDude

not funny, and seems like ur starving for a quote of ur post....

I thought it was entertaining, then again, I have a good sense of humor!
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

I'm just going to say, that Uncharted 3's graphics are extremely overrated.

First of all the textures are not very sharp, and flat, and the game doesn't even have AF. Textures look very blurry from a distance. Not to mention it has so much overblown HDR and some streaming issues and just generally overall it has polish issues.

Even Naughty Dog themselves said Killzone 2 was much more advanced than Uncharted 2 back in 09'.

I actually played Uncharted 2 recently, and it really doesn't hold up well. So much streaming...

ThaGameDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ThaGameDude

Austindro

no actually i played it on my xbox that i gave away to my neighbors son for free, the only reason why i got the xbox was for my wife for her kinect excercise games, such a crappy system, such crappy games, just the name ''xbox'' oozes low quality, go back to the years of the playstation from 1, 2, 3, and look at they legacy it has left thus far, nuff said man get thix xbox crap outta my sight

dr-professional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dr-professional

[QUOTE="dr-professional"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Well, you press the eject button, and then put the disk in. Close the tray, then the disk spins up, and the laser reads the disk and transmits the data on to the screen--to which the user then uses a controller to input commands which we then use to "play" the game so to speak.

ThaGameDude

Specs? Debatetly the majority say the best looking console game are on 360 the majority say it's easier and more fun to make games one. People buy 360 games more ingenral It's online is faster, bigger, and decent. Offer more content. Ps3 gets more glitches and bug in its exclusive game then Xboxes. 3rd-party wise Xbox gets less glitch and bug game then PS3. Teh cell has been tapped crap GPU etc. and you are talking about specs. Specs mean nothing if the system can't use them. oh and the box does not have 77 million users looking for lost funds, birth certificates, social security, and abortion loan papers.
Austindro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Austindro

[QUOTE="Austindro"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Well, you press the eject button, and then put the disk in. Close the tray, then the disk spins up, and the laser reads the disk and transmits the data on to the screen--to which the user then uses a controller to input commands which we then use to "play" the game so to speak.

ThaGameDude

no actually i played it on my xbox that i gave away to my neighbors son for free, the only reason why i got the xbox was for my wife for her kinect excercise games, such a crappy system, such crappy games, just the name ''xbox'' oozes low quality, go back to the years of the playstation from 1, 2, 3, and look at they legacy it has left thus far, nuff said man get thix xbox crap outta my sight

How is middle school treating ya?

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

ThaGameDude

Lulz thanks for the laugh ;). maybe its time for you to get "your facts straight?" there aint much difference fyi, dont trust me go google it.. dunno where you got that ps3 is some sort of godlike technology, cuz guess what ? it isnt they are in matter fact pretty equal - i still need to see a game which that superior on ps3.. sure some ps3 exclusive looks awesome no doubt, same goes to xbox - but when you take off your FB googles and see it with your naked eye there isnt that much of a difference only opinions..

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Trollolol. You fail.

ThaGameDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ThaGameDude

[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]

[QUOTE="dr-professional"] Differnce is the "Crappy System" unlike the PS3 does not have 77 million users looking for lost funds, birth certificates, social security, and federal loans from annie mae.dr-professional

Specs? Debatetly the majority say the best looking console game are on 360 the majority say it's easier and more fun to make games one. People buy 360 games more ingenral It's online is faster, bigger, and decent. Offer more content. Ps3 gets more glitches and bug in its exclusive game then Xboxes. 3rd-party wise Xbox gets less glitch and bug game then PS3. Teh cell has been tapped crap GPU etc. and you are talking about specs. Specs mean nothing if the system can't use them. oh and the box does not have 77 million users looking for lost funds, birth certificates, social security, and abortion loan papers.

its ok ill loan you money to buy a ps3. ill also send you an awesome blu ray collection to watch on ur ''ps3'' and if you dont like that offer, ill send you a copy of the seseme street exclusive for ur ''xbox''

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zophar87

[QUOTE="dr-professional"][QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]

ThaGameDude

its ok ill loan you money to buy a ps3. ill also send you an awesome blu ray collection to watch on ur ''ps3'' and if you dont like that offer, ill send you a copy of the seseme street exclusive for ur ''xbox''

I wish I had more money than brains too.

dr-professional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dr-professional

[QUOTE="dr-professional"][QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]

ThaGameDude

*professional smile* So your willing to loan me money for the Ps3?
ThaGameDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ThaGameDude

[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]

[QUOTE="dr-professional"] Differnce is the "Crappy System" unlike the PS3 does not have 77 million users looking for lost funds, birth certificates, social security, and federal loans from annie mae.Strutten

Lulz thanks for the laugh ;). maybe its time for you to get "your facts straight?" there aint much difference fyi, dont trust me go google it.. dunno where you got that ps3 is some sort of godlike technology, cuz guess what ? it isnt they are in matter fact pretty equal - i still need to see a game which that superior on ps3.. sure some ps3 exclusive looks awesome no doubt, same goes to xbox - but when you take off your FB googles and see it with your naked eye there isnt that much of a difference only opinions..

killzone 3 graphics are far superior to any xbox crap exclusive, uncharted 2, 3, graphics are better than any crapbox exclusive, hell even mass effect 2, looked better on ps3 than it did on xbox, and that was a xbox exclusive!!! lololol, and im not wearin fanboy glasses, im rockin my better taste in console glasses, which allow me to see a far better console, not to mention a far better company, not only does ps3 own, sony in a company is all class from their tv's to sound systems etc, etc, stop lying to urself, grab a ps3 then come talk to me

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Strutten"]

[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]

ThaGameDude

killzone 3 graphics are far superior to any xbox crap exclusive, uncharted 2, 3, graphics are better than any crapbox exclusive, hell even mass effect 2, looked better on ps3 than it did on xbox, and that was a xbox exclusive!!! lololol, and im not wearin fanboy glasses, im rockin my better taste in console glasses, which allow me to see a far better console, not to mention a far better company, not only does ps3 own, sony in a company is all class from their tv's to sound systems etc, etc, stop lying to urself, grab a ps3 then come talk to me

Yeah? I hear graphics make a great game, man.

brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

ThaGameDude

BWHWHWHWHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my, where do I begin...

1. PS3 owners cry more about paying for Xbox Live then Xbox owners on these forums. Sony's new campaign is playing online for free. If anything, the PS3 is the poor man's 360 since PS3 owners can't afford $4 a month apparently.

2. Compare the specs? How about proof is in the pudding. The PS3 TO THIS VERY DAY can't do the same thing the 360 can. This FACT cows seem to forget about every time they start one of these stupid threads. On top of that, multiplat games in almost every single case, perform WORSE on the PS3 compared to the 360 version. I mean 5 years of this and you would think people wouldn't even talk about PS3 specs.

3. Sony dropped the price of the PS3 IN IT'S FIRST YEAR of existence.

You know, I could go on but don't feel like it. Clearly your ignorance is beyond repair. Oh, and by the way, I have both systems. The PS3 is more like a house of cards that have been ducked tape and super glued together with a fan blowing next to it.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
grab a ps3 then come talk to meThaGameDude
I grabbed mine, I'm holding onto it tight. So... hi. :]
MuayThaiFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MuayThaiFTW
Member since 2011 • 701 Posts

Pray_to_me
Agreed 110% percent. You are a very wise man:)
ThaGameDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ThaGameDude

[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]

[QUOTE="Strutten"]

Zophar87

great graphics on the games i mentioned make them alot better due to the games being badass themselves, i dont need to sit here and beat an already dead horse, stop hating on the ps3 so much, theres nothing to hate about it, on the other hand xbox has alot to hate about nuff said im done

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]grab a ps3 then come talk to meStevo_the_gamer

Me too. Never leave me, mighty PS3! Its so powerful. I use the Blu-Ray player to time travel. I was just in the age of the dinosuars. Rawr!
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]grab a ps3 then come talk to meStevo_the_gamer

Don't hold it too tight :O
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clone01
stop hating on the ps3 so muchThaGameDude
Oh the irony.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]

ThaGameDude

great graphics on the games i mentioned make them alot better due to the games being badass themselves, i dont need to sit here and beat an already dead horse, stop hating on the ps3 so much, theres nothing to hate about it, on the other hand xbox has alot to hate about nuff said im done

I'm not hating on the PS3, but you're basically telling me that graphics make the game. As if, there's a reason my 8 and 16-bit consoles have remained on my entertainment system for the past 20-25 years.

You're a typical PS3 fanboy that needs to keep their mouth shut and worry about their own games instead of what everyone else is playing.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]grab a ps3 then come talk to meclone01

Me too. Never leave me, mighty PS3! Its so powerful. I use the Blu-Ray player to time travel. I was just in the age of the dinosuars. Rawr!

My PS3 keeps my feet warm. I guess I should have picked up the Time Travel add-on accessory. Poopy.