Gears 3: So corny, so boring.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#351 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
[QUOTE="RickTophen"][QUOTE="slvrraven9"]

Besides graphics and mods. Multiplats are basically the same. Consoles have more 8.5-10 rated exclusives thats how I justify my opinion.RickTophen

if the only thing you count on the pc are its multiplats then you are missing 95% of the picture. you will never understand what the PC has and doesnt because youre not a pc gamer and thus have no knowlege of anything justifiable....even the meta scores you used in our PM's were laughable because you refuse to look at the whole damn thing. but if you want an easy to read reference then i suggest you check out the GS spreadsheet and save yourself the trouble of searching the wed for useless info that doesnt serve you much good anyway.

i seriously cannot believe you ONLY brought up multiplats in the PC's favor. seriously, that alone is where you fail.

I do PC game. I play portal.... You sir are a dummy. Your just butthurt because Crysis went multiplat and the devs said the resolutions looked better than on PC.

1. i dont own crysis nor do i care about it. 2. just because you play one game on the pc....one FREE game at that, doesnt make you a pc gamer. 3. excellent comback rick, excellent. way to avoid my reference to better information and everything else i pointed out.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352 slvrraven9

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="RickTophen"] Quality not quantity. Something the PC and it's fanboys do not understand.

RickTophen

I know a lot about both actually. It seems SW has another dumbass on the forums.

Thank you! Take that slvrraven9!

yeah, good job rick. :roll: way to go buddy....

RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#353 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts

if the only thing you count on the pc are its multiplats then you are missing 95% of the picture. you will never understand what the PC has and doesnt because youre not a pc gamer and thus have no knowlege of anything justifiable....even the meta scores you used in our PM's were laughable because you refuse to look at the whole damn thing. but if you want an easy to read reference then i suggest you check out the GS spreadsheet and save yourself the trouble of searching the wed for useless info that doesnt serve you much good anyway.

i seriously cannot believe you ONLY brought up multiplats in the PC's favor. seriously, that alone is where you fail.

slvrraven9

I do PC game. I play portal.... You sir are a dummy. Your just butthurt because Crysis went multiplat and the devs said the resolutions looked better than on PC.

1. i dont own crysis nor do i care about it. 2. just because you play one game on the pc....one FREE game at that, doesnt make you a pc gamer. 3. excellent comback rick, excellent. way to avoid my reference to better information and everything else i pointed out.

Okay. So what is a PC gamer? You mad bro? Look at all my evidence.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 slvrraven9

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"][QUOTE="RickTophen"] I do PC game. I play portal.... You sir are a dummy. Your just butthurt because Crysis went multiplat and the devs said the resolutions looked better than on PC. RickTophen

yes, portal. very compelling evidence rick. ill tell you what a pc gamer isnt and thats what you look at in the mirror. allow me to illustrate... just because you eat at one restaurant doesnt make you a food critic. it takes an understanding of software and hardware at least to a certain degree before you can be mentioned in the ranks...you my friend obviously are not. thanks though for the laughs...

RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 RickTophen
[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]

[QUOTE="RickTophen"]

1. i dont own crysis nor do i care about it. 2. just because you play one game on the pc....one FREE game at that, doesnt make you a pc gamer. 3. excellent comback rick, excellent. way to avoid my reference to better information and everything else i pointed out.slvrraven9

yes, portal. very compelling evidence rick. ill tell you what a pc gamer isnt and thats what you look at in the mirror. allow me to illustrate... just because you eat at one restaurant doesnt make you a food critic. it takes an understanding of software and hardware at least to a certain degree before you can be mentioned in the ranks...you my friend obviously are not. thanks though for the laughs...

Oh, so a PC gamer is not someone who games on their PC but instead has to understand hardware? Okay then, also you never gave me any evidence for your argument except the stupid "Look at the PC game spreadsheet" thing. All I see it old games like Diablo, and a few new games like Starcraft 2, still nowhere as near in scores as the Xbox 360 and PS3 games.What are you trying to get me to see? No PC games even got a 10 on here...
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

lol i should make the same thread about uncharted or killzone or resistance. xbox360isgr8t
No kidding, they are all as mediocre as each other. Frankly, I don't like the Uncharted series better than the Gears series or vice versa. They are all the same to me. Over budgeted big action hyped games with little gameplay change from their previous games and no real innovation. Boring.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]

[QUOTE="RickTophen"]Okay. So what is a PC gamer? You mad bro? Look at all my evidence.

RickTophen

Oh, so a PC gamer is not someone who games on their PC but instead has to understand hardware? Okay then, also you never gave me any evidence for your argument except the stupid "Look at the PC game spreadsheet" thing. All I see it old games like Diablo, and a few new games like Starcraft 2, still nowhere as near in scores as the Xbox 360 and PS3 games.What are you trying to get me to see? No PC games even got a 10 on here...

Ignorance does not make you a critic.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Kay I found that I couldn't play the campaign straight like I do with Skyrim where I literally lose days. The story was great so I dont know what your talking about but I think it was just the monotonous gameplay that did it for me.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 slvrraven9

[QUOTE="RickTophen"]Okay. So what is a PC gamer? You mad bro? Look at all my evidence.

i dont know why you fail at understanding here bro. if you want to talk about games, then talk about games.....but you cant rule a game out just because of its age. and so what if a game never got a 10 if its good then its good. if its got a good score and you enjoy it......even if it doesnt have a good score, if oyu enjoy it then what else matters. with that said....the spreadsheet covers games across the gens and since the pc technicly doesnt have a "gen" then you go by what you see. dont hate the player...hate the games dude! also i think that the spreadsheet covers evidence pretty well. sorry if you dont agree but here on GS we use GS information...which i might add is as good as any credible information youll find elsewhere.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 slvrraven9

also lets just say for arguements sake that it simply takes a little more to call yourself a pc gamer than it does a console gamer....for obvious reasons (to most people)
Kolev_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 Kolev_Plus
Member since 2011 • 157 Posts

While TC is obviously trolling, I do agree that Gears of War is a below average series. 3 was terrible.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 slvrraven9

While TC is obviously trolling, I do agree that Gears of War is a below average series. 3 was terrible.

Kolev_Plus
as opposed to? because the majority is claiming that it was the best of the series.....in everything. and meh, at it being a below average series. i thought the same about killzone..
Kolev_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 Kolev_Plus
Member since 2011 • 157 Posts
[QUOTE="Kolev_Plus"]

slvrraven9
as opposed to? because the majority is claiming that it was the best of the series.....in everything. and meh, at it being a below average series. i thought the same about killzone..

You're allowed to think that. Just like I'm allowed to think Killzone>Halo. 3 was terrible, forgettable SP, Boring MP, Though Horde 2.0 is awesome.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="Kolev_Plus"][QUOTE="slvrraven9"][QUOTE="Kolev_Plus"]

You're allowed to think that. Just like I'm allowed to think Killzone>Halo. 3 was terrible, forgettable SP, Boring MP, Though Horde 2.0 is awesome.

opinions are opinions. i.....i just dont know how you can claim that, especially about the MP seeing as though it has much more to offer than Killzone ever has. SP is whatever. i guess it goes both ways.....to each their own.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#366 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Kolev_Plus
No way, not below average. Below average in terms of story? Maybe, in terms of everything else? Graphics? No. Gameplay? No. Multiplayer? No... at least now the first one. Gears of Wars is a great series, but I'm not sure it's still the same "killer app" that it was when it launched back in 2006. The franchise is corny, but c'mon, it's a Cliffy B game. That's like expecting a Hideo Kojima game not to be over kill in dialogue and cutscenes. The first one was the best... it didnt try to be anything other than a blow 'em up shooter.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#367 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
[QUOTE="slvrraven9"] opinions are opinions. i.....i just dont know how you can claim that, especially about the MP seeing as though it has much more to offer than Killzone ever has. SP is whatever. i guess it goes both ways.....to each their own.

As a huge Killzone fan, and a semi-Halo fan... I can totally agree that Halo's MP has much more to offer than Killzone's... especially Killzone 3's. Halo 3's mulitplayer was a bit "meh" for me though... KZ3's was very "blah" for me. As far as campaigns... I think Killzone wins. Halo wins MP.
RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 RickTophen

[QUOTE="RickTophen"][QUOTE="slvrraven9"]yes, portal. very compelling evidence rick. ill tell you what a pc gamer isnt and thats what you look at in the mirror. allow me to illustrate... just because you eat at one restaurant doesnt make you a food critic. it takes an understanding of software and hardware at least to a certain degree before you can be mentioned in the ranks...you my friend obviously are not. thanks though for the laughs...

slvrraven9

i dont know why you fail at understanding here bro. if you want to talk about games, then talk about games.....but you cant rule a game out just because of its age. and so what if a game never got a 10 if its good then its good. if its got a good score and you enjoy it......even if it doesnt have a good score, if oyu enjoy it then what else matters. with that said....the spreadsheet covers games across the gens and since the pc technicly doesnt have a "gen" then you go by what you see. dont hate the player...hate the games dude! also i think that the spreadsheet covers evidence pretty well. sorry if you dont agree but here on GS we use GS information...which i might add is as good as any credible information youll find elsewhere.

Sigh.. a good game is a good game I agree, but just based on scores... Consoles have better scores.Shesh, you have a MGS avatar and you said regarding MGS4"Dear lord, are YOU serious?? yeah...i have it, and beat it. simply put no...try again. put that on system wars and see how far it gets you..." What a disrespectful fanboy to Snake.