Gears 3: So corny, so boring.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 actionjunkie10
Member since 2011 • 739 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCHJ8lgfcbMactionjunkie10
Here is a very good sort of review of Gears 3. Makes some great points and keeps it 100% real
actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 actionjunkie10

[QUOTE="actionjunkie10"]Hell, im going to do just that to Gears so I can garner hits just like the hack job troll web sites that scored Uncharted 3 extremely low for hits. You watch lolwaltefmoney

Okay, have fun. Post your review when you're done.

Don't be suprised to see Gears gameranking score drop in the coming days lol See the problem with Game rankings is that they will accept any sites review even if its a clear troll review *cough the Uncharted 3 honestgamers review *cough* What matters is that Uncharted 3 out scored Gears 3 on NEARLY every major publication that counted and received a hell of lot more 10's then Gears 3 did.
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#203 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts
[QUOTE="taterfrickintot"]

Obvious troll is obvious. yet, he won as a troll. 10 pages. wow.

actionjunkie10
Nope, TS speaks the truth. Sorry you cant handle it and have to resort to calling him a troll. If anything in regards to your post, i say mediocre post is mediocre and I give you a 2/10 for trolling

i can understand that he doesnt like the game but "gears 1 graphics with more jaggies and muddier texures." thats just..... wrong.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

Trolling is a art.

Wasdie
If I posted this comment, I'd get banned...which I have before. This place is a damn joke.
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#205 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

I enjoyed playing gears of war 3 coop a lot.................. but i kindof agree with you.

actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 actionjunkie10
[QUOTE="actionjunkie10"][QUOTE="taterfrickintot"]

Obvious troll is obvious. yet, he won as a troll. 10 pages. wow.

taterfrickintot
Nope, TS speaks the truth. Sorry you cant handle it and have to resort to calling him a troll. If anything in regards to your post, i say mediocre post is mediocre and I give you a 2/10 for trolling

i can understand that he doesnt like the game but "gears 1 graphics with more jaggies and muddier texures." thats just..... wrong.

You are right, and yeah, he is exaggerating a little, but there is some truth to what he says because Gears 3 does have no AA and the textures are muddy looking at times.. The heavy motion blur kind of gives it a weird look to me too
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
Well, the game doesn't have absolutely the best graphics on consoles but the campaign has proved to be a fun ride for me. The lack of xbox360 exclusives this year might have also gave it an extra layer of shine though.
TheBigXboxski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 TheBigXboxski
Member since 2011 • 65 Posts

What a troll of an article. How come Cows are the only ones making these type of post? I think we get at least 3 of them every week.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

[QUOTE="Strutten"]

[QUOTE="ThaGameDude"]

compare the specs of the ps3 and the xbox, nuff said, and people that bash the xbox do it for a reason its a crappy system, with no good exclusives, and honestly its for people who cant afford the money to buy a ps3, they just dont admit it, so they keep claiming their honda civic xbox is even comparable to the lamborghini ps3, look at the specs and facts before you even begin to defend that crappy system

ThaGameDude

Lulz thanks for the laugh ;). maybe its time for you to get "your facts straight?" there aint much difference fyi, dont trust me go google it.. dunno where you got that ps3 is some sort of godlike technology, cuz guess what ? it isnt they are in matter fact pretty equal - i still need to see a game which that superior on ps3.. sure some ps3 exclusive looks awesome no doubt, same goes to xbox - but when you take off your FB googles and see it with your naked eye there isnt that much of a difference only opinions..

killzone 3 graphics are far superior to any xbox crap exclusive, uncharted 2, 3, graphics are better than any crapbox exclusive, hell even mass effect 2, looked better on ps3 than it did on xbox, and that was a xbox exclusive!!! lololol, and im not wearin fanboy glasses, im rockin my better taste in console glasses, which allow me to see a far better console, not to mention a far better company, not only does ps3 own, sony in a company is all class from their tv's to sound systems etc, etc, stop lying to urself, grab a ps3 then come talk to me

hahah lulz you opinion doesnt make it a fact.. anyway thanks for laugh braaaahhh :PO

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#210 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The X-Box 360's swansong Gears of War 3 is a real chore to play. Graphically it does not impress. Actually it looks like Gears 1 with more jaggies and muddier textures. Horrid graphics can be overlooked though when a game has great gameplay but Gears 3 falls flat here as well. It more of the same rumbling from cover to cover using the same weapons over and over shooting the same enemies time and again. This isn't 2006 anymore but Gears 3 looks and plays like it is. Throw in the super machismo extra steriotypical characters into a plot which manages to be both generic and convoluted at the same time and what you have is another meh X-Box exclusive.

Pray_to_me

i cant comment on gears 3because i havent played the third one but i did play the original and i didn't like the gameplay or using cover.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#211 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

The X-Box 360's swansong Gears of War 3 is a real chore to play. Graphically it does not impress. Actually it looks like Gears 1 with more jaggies and muddier textures. Horrid graphics can be overlooked though when a game has great gameplay but Gears 3 falls flat here as well. It more of the same rumbling from cover to cover using the same weapons over and over shooting the same enemies time and again. This isn't 2006 anymore but Gears 3 looks and plays like it is. Throw in the super machismo extra steriotypical characters into a plot which manages to be both generic and convoluted at the same time and what you have is another meh X-Box exclusive.

Pray_to_me

Swansong...boring...TC what have you been smoking? I suspect that this is a weak attempt at trolling..but either you have never played the game or you are surely on something. Either that or you consider Killzone 3 to be the pinnacle of gameplay and story telling?

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

[QUOTE="actionjunkie10"][QUOTE="clone01"] I'm not assuming things at all. You've responded to people expressing opinions by calling them trolls. Its all over the UC3/Arkham City thread created by Swift Boss A. So you take offense when someone call the TC a troll, but its okay for you to call people trolls? Seems like kind of a double standard. And feel free to check my posting history. You'll find I'm pretty far from a lemming. Or you can check my PSN ID if you like. Its in my sig.tormentos
You are grossly exaggerating and not applying the proper context. Read that thread. I only have like 3 posts tops in that thtead and i only called 1 guy a troll , read the contents of his post and you will see why. That has no comparison or relevancey to this thread and to the fact people are calling TS a troll here just based on his posting history alone while completely dismissing this good thread and his opinion Again, do you even have simple logic? You are terrible grasping at straws

Stop you will never beat that guy,and what is worst he will complain about you,and you will get warnings for breaking the TOS,while he will not,another poster told me to stay away from him,the best you can do it that. I think both Gears and Uncharted are great games,both had it bad and good moments like any other games.

You do know by stating that direct in sw, that is is doing that does only make you look bad - and dont think its very smart move of you anyway.. from your posting history it seems that you are an ps3 fanboy which is defending but making such bald claims.. really makes you look bad imo

wolfbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#213 wolfbm
Member since 2002 • 630 Posts
You basically defended your view by stating you hate everything that makes sequels what they are. To take it to the movie side your view basically says you like LoTR 1 but not 2,3 because they have the same characters, same weapons, same enemies, and lord forbid same story. If you changed any one of those things you hate then it wouldn't be a (for game or movie) sequel....it would just be a new game/movie. Just to warn you, they are talking about a gears prequel so don't be shocked when you play it (and you know you will) and its *gasp* same people, same enemies.........................
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

What a troll of an article. How come Cows are the only ones making these type of post? I think we get at least 3 of them every week.

TheBigXboxski
A week? Heck they do at least 3 daily it seems more like.
brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

Why is this thread still open? It was locked immediatley after a few posts and then opened again. For what? To tell this kid he is and idiot over and over and over...

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#216 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

No liking Gears´s gameplay and pacing is perfectly fair, but saying it looks like crap? LOL

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

attention much? dude..nobody in their right mind things Gears3 is corny or boring thats even interested in gaming and shooters..Its a great seriese and has pused the boundaries of this gen consoles..so please...move on..OH yea...happy turkey week..:)

VanDammFan
What? I think EVERYONE will take you Gears is corny. Fun and bloody, but corny. WHOOOOOOOOO!
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

[QUOTE="dr-professional"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Well, you press the eject button, and then put the disk in. Close the tray, then the disk spins up, and the laser reads the disk and transmits the data on to the screen--to which the user then uses a controller to input commands which we then use to "play" the game so to speak.

ThaGameDude

Differnce is the "Crappy System" unlike the PS3 does not have 77 million users looking for lost funds, birth certificates, social security, and federal loans from annie mae.

compare the specs of the ps3 and the xbox, nuff said, and people that bash the xbox do it for a reason its a crappy system, with no good exclusives, and honestly its for people who cant afford the money to buy a ps3, they just dont admit it, so they keep claiming their honda civic xbox is even comparable to the lamborghini ps3, look at the specs and facts before you even begin to defend that crappy system

1. subjective.

2.out of the box, the 360 is more expensive AND if you include the yearly xbl fees then i guess the PS3 would be for people who cant afford to buy a 360. amirite??

3. see point 2 and then educate urself

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#219 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
No and no. Gears 3 is an excellent game.
Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Lot of people calling me a troll because Gears 3 doesn't look or even play as good as the first 2? Because I'm not entrhralled by how the gameplay hasn't changed WHATSOEVER from the original in ANY way? The game looks and plays stale period. 6 years and no improvements in graphics or gameplay and I should blindly worship it? All of that on top of the fact that the story is trash.

Better watch out you might be a troll for criticizing any Microsoft product around these parts...

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#221 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts
TC didn't you know, EVERYONE has to like gears. you are only allowed to say bad things about uncharted here cuz gears is the best series evar.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"]Stop you will never beat that guy,and what is worst he will complain about you,and you will get warnings for breaking the TOS,while he will not,another poster told me to stay away from him,the best you can do it that. I think both Gears and Uncharted are great games,both had it bad and good moments like any other games.Strutten

You do know by stating that direct in sw, that is is doing that does only make you look bad - and dont think its very smart move of you anyway.. from your posting history it seems that you are an ps3 fanboy which is defending but making such bald claims.. really makes you look bad imo

Just don't bother.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#223 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

So is this kind of trolling allowed on System Wars now? I see two mods pointing out how s*** it is, and yet the thread still stands.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Lot of people calling me a troll because Gears 3 doesn't look or even play as good as the first 2? Because I'm not entrhralled by how the gameplay hasn't changed WHATSOEVER from the original in ANY way? The game looks and plays stale period. 6 years and no improvements in graphics or gameplay and I should blindly worship it? All of that on top of the fact that the story is trash.

Better watch out you might be a troll for criticizing any Microsoft product around these parts...

Pray_to_me

There's some striking similarities between yours and actionjunkie10's posting styles... hmm

Anyway, i've never played Gears 3 but even i can tell there's been plenty of improvements over Gears 1 (which i have played) from pictures, videos and peoples impressions of it.

If you're that blind to change you must've hated UC3 aswell amiright?

brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

So is this kind of trolling allowed on System Wars now? I see two mods pointing out how s*** it is, and yet the thread still stands.

dommeus

That's what I said before, this thread was actually locked real early. Then for some reason it was unlocked and this obvious troll gets exactly what he wants. I don't ask for a place like this to be perfect but consistent would be nice.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 PAL360

Pray_to_me

Man, gameplay is the same as Gears 1 and 2 but more polished....thankfully. Ppl are calling you a troll because your opinion on graphics is not even valid. Saying it looks just like Gears 1 just proves you havent played it. The improvements couldnt be more obvious. It´s like saying Uncharted 3 looks just as good as Uncharted 1.

I would recomend you to play the game, or at least read this article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-gears-of-war-3

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

the fact that you said that gears 3 isnt better than 2 makes you look VERY much like a troll. 2 was the bottom of the barrel for the series. through and through, thats a universal opinion. also the improvements made throught the gears series would mirror the improvements made by most "sequels", including uncharted. you say 6 years with no improvements in graphics or gameplay.......and i say you havent played one single gears game thoroughly. i would like to see your GT so i can verify that you have completed the gears games in depth, to the degree that you have covered each game in its entirety.....otherwise im calling your entire attempt to discredit nothing more than a feeble attempt at trolling.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 PAL360

TC didn't you know, EVERYONE has to like gears. you are only allowed to say bad things about uncharted here cuz gears is the best series evar.dvalo9

Hmm...so am i free to say Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 look like crap? I think im not because, just like TC claims, that would be a lie.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="brennanhuff"]

[QUOTE="dommeus"]

That's what I said before, this thread was actually locked real early. Then for some reason it was unlocked and this obvious troll gets exactly what he wants. I don't ask for a place like this to be perfect but consistent would be nice.

yeah you can forget about that pretty much. mods are allowed to do the exact same things that we get suspended for, daily.
TheBlizz87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 TheBlizz87
Member since 2011 • 146 Posts
So wait people are okay basing MGS 4 or Uncharted 3 but if some makes a topic saying something bad about a 360 game it's a troll topic. Really? What kind of bais BS is that?
Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

So wait people are okay basing MGS 4 or Uncharted 3 but if some makes a topic saying something bad about a 360 game it's a troll topic. Really? What kind of bais BS is that?TheBlizz87

MS fanboys are a team who know they can't win without a few flags from the refs.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#233 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Uncharted 3 TheBlizz87
You cleary missed this thread:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28945588/games-with-bad-gameplay-are-masterpieces-now-the-disease-of-cinematic-design?tag=topics%3Btitle

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#234 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17454 Posts
TC didn't you know, EVERYONE has to like gears. you are only allowed to say bad things about uncharted here cuz gears is the best series evar.dvalo9
Yea, because cows never ever lash out at anyone saying anything remotely bad about Sony or the PS3. Its all lemmings, sheep, and hermits. Never cows. :|
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
Gears 1, 2 and 3 boring and corny. Played and beat 1 and 2 and didn't see what the lemmings where so hyped about. The storys horrible, gameplay is repetitive and boring characters are laughably terrible. Played 3 for an hour and it was the same crap.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Play both games and you'll end up agreeing with me

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I thought the graphics of gow3 were very nice, it was way more polished than UNCHARTED 3 but this 2 things really bothered me and because of them i have not yet finish the game ( bought the day after it came out): 1) 4 people always with you: I mean if i was playing mp its ok to have 4 friends but when i m playing offline i want to play ALONE, i want to be the one who kills all the enemies, gets the ammo etc. This really bothered me. 2) Little to no variety, shoot take cover shoot, move on repeat, in this aspect UC3 mops the floor with GOW3. I ll finish it some day i m sure, but as today i regret buying into the hype
Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
FeedOnATreeFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 FeedOnATreeFrog
Member since 2009 • 792 Posts

Gears of Bore, nuff said.

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

I can't bring myself to call the series boring ... no matter how much the cow in me is urging me to.

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

it does have bad staying power though, all my 360 buddies moved on to MW3 and left Gears 3 in the dust.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
You do know by stating that direct in sw, that is is doing that does only make you look bad - and dont think its very smart move of you anyway.. from your posting history it seems that you are an ps3 fanboy which is defending but making such bald claims.. really makes you look bad imoStrutten
Yeah like i care how i look on an online forum. Either way you are not suppose to call people fanboys here dude,i think the terms permit are lemmings,hermit,caws and the likes.
01706_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 01706_123
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

two words get lost

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#243 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

it was alright, not boring in the least, it was very predictable but a great game

MuayThaiFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 MuayThaiFTW
Member since 2011 • 701 Posts
Pretty much. Bash Uncharted and your a cool system wars internet warrior offering a different and cool opinion. But heaven forbid you say that Gears is not the greatest thing since slice bread, for saying so OMG you are now a terrible monster thats trolling and should be banned. The hypocrisy and double standards here are insanely obvious. Lemmings are the ones trolling. Nothing more to see here
MuayThaiFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 MuayThaiFTW
Member since 2011 • 701 Posts

Pray_to_me
Lol THIS
TheBigXboxski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 TheBigXboxski
Member since 2011 • 65 Posts

Pray_to_me

TC, I think you mistakened Gears of War with God of War. Talk about stale and no improvement.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

TheBigXboxski

TC, I think you mistaken Gears of War with God of War. Talk about stale and no improvement.

i dont think gears 3 was improved, it was fixed.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
[QUOTE="dvalo9"]TC didn't you know, EVERYONE has to like gears. you are only allowed to say bad things about uncharted here cuz gears is the best series evar.MuayThaiFTW
Pretty much. Bash Uncharted and your a cool system wars internet warrior offering a different and cool opinion. But heaven forbid you say that Gears is not the greatest thing since slice bread, for saying so OMG you are now a terrible monster thats trolling and should be banned. The hypocrisy and double standards here are insanely obvious. Lemmings are the ones trolling. Nothing more to see here

Hahah this is true. SW has gone down hill in the last years .
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Story was garbage. 'DERP WE WILL SAVE THE WORLDS WITH OUR BRO-POWAH! HOORAH!' that also tried to seem deep with sacrifices and what not, only resulting in being even more ridiculous. Gameplay, it was great. And I found Gears 1 and 2 boring as hell. Graphically, there's alot going on under the hood for a console game, it's a pity you can't admire all the goodness of the engine because everything f***ing looks the same. Oh, and the game is almost unplayable in split-screen co-op in some levels, the FPS drops to single digits, especially in the final fight.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts

[QUOTE="Strutten"]You do know by stating that direct in sw, that is is doing that does only make you look bad - and dont think its very smart move of you anyway.. from your posting history it seems that you are an ps3 fanboy which is defending but making such bald claims.. really makes you look bad imotormentos
Yeah like i care how i look on an online forum. Either way you are not suppose to call people fanboys here dude,i think the terms permit are lemmings,hermit,caws and the likes.

ok so you are a caw?