Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#151 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

You have to commend Mowgly's dedication... Intelligence, not so much.

Another one. Good

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8063 Posts
@mowgly1 said:

Gears 5 had bigger launch than Gears 4 in terms of player numbers, NOT sales.

he literally said "[Gears 5] sold better than Gears 4".. that's sales, NOT player numbers..

though Gears 5 did also have larger player numbers.. win/win..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Antwan3K

@davillain: noted.. 👍🏽

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#154 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

Damn, Mowgly is getting his ASS handed to him on a platter.

But I am glad that Phil confirmed that Gears 5 sold better than Gears 4, and that doesn't even talk about Game Pass or "players". That's a good thing for the IP no doubt. Also pretty cool is that it was the debut on Steam that MS ever had.

"In that context, how do you view the success of a title like Gears 5? It's obviously not about sales for you. So how do you justify the investment in a big project like that? How do you measure its success when you've got this game that's coming out on Game Pass day and date with retail?

Phil Spencer: Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4. And we feel good about it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-15-the-big-xo19-interview-xbox-boss-phil-spencer

He in this interview specifically talking about Gamepass and player numbers Nice try!!

Already discussed on previous page and here :

When Xbox fans are love to swallow every word what sucker Phil Spencer spewed from his ass.

So you are mad that Gears 5 has demolished the previous Gears in "SALES" (as well as users)?

"Phil Spencer:Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4. And we feel good about it."

Thank you Phil!! You keep crushing mowgly1.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 mowgly1
@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

he literally said "[Gears 5] sold better than Gears 4".. that's sales, NOT player numbers..

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

Damn, Mowgly is getting his ASS handed to him on a platter.

But I am glad that Phil confirmed that Gears 5 sold better than Gears 4, and that doesn't even talk about Game Pass or "players". That's a good thing for the IP no doubt. Also pretty cool is that it was the debut on Steam that MS ever had.

"In that context, how do you view the success of a title like Gears 5? It's obviously not about sales for you. So how do you justify the investment in a big project like that? How do you measure its success when you've got this game that's coming out on Game Pass day and date with retail?

Phil Spencer: Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4. And we feel good about it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-15-the-big-xo19-interview-xbox-boss-phil-spencer

He in this interview specifically talking about Gamepass and player numbers Nice try!!

Already discussed on previous page and here :

When Xbox fans are love to swallow every word what sucker Phil Spencer spewed from his ass.

So you are mad that Gears 5 has demolished the previous Gears in "SALES" (as well as users)?

"Phil Spencer:Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4. And we feel good about it."

Thank you Phil!! You keep crushing mowgly1.

Gears 5 had better launch because player numbers not becuse sales. Phil Spencer PR suckers

So much about it sold better than Gears 5. Xbox fan ignoring charts, NPD statement about Gears 5 sales and what not. But Xbox fans will gladly swallow Phil's shit

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

Gears 5 had better launch because player numbers not becuse sales. Phil Spencer PR suckers

So much about it sold better than Gears 5. Xbox fan ignoring charts, NPD statement about Gears 5 sales and what not. But Xbox fans will gladly swallow Phil's shit

So you are mad that Gears 5 sold better than the previous? Or you are mad that you thought you knew more about the sales of a game than the company that made the game knows?

Relax son, just because you are wrong every day, all day long doesn't mean you can't keep trying to be better. Keep your chin up buckaroo.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

So you are mad that Gears 5 sold better than the previous? Or you are mad that you thought you knew more about the sales of a game than the company that made the game knows?

Relax son, just because you are wrong every day, all day long doesn't mean you can't keep trying to be better. Keep your chin up buckaroo.

No. I'm ain't mad. Just love to exposing your blindly believe in Phil Spencer PR. Thank to the heavens that i'm not brainwashed. Nyko partners has access data to NPD, GSD and Media Create data ( both digital and retail ).

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

No. I'm ain't mad. Just love to exposing your blindly believe in Phil Spencer PR. Thank to the heavens that i'm not brainwashed. Nyko partners has access data to NPD, GSD and Media Create data ( both digital and retail ).

I have no allegiance or blind passion for Jim Ryan or Phil Spencer. I just enjoy playing games on their consoles. BTW, Phil Spencer has access to the FULL actual sales numbers for Gears 5, unlike NPD, GSD and Media Create estimates.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

This is getting embarrassing

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:

I have no allegiance or blind passion for Jim Ryan or Phil Spencer. I just enjoy playing games on their consoles. BTW, Phil Spencer has access to the FULL actual sales numbers for Gears 5, unlike NPD, GSD and Media Create estimates.

Neither do i. But looks like you do. He definitely turned "Gears 5 had the biggest launch in terms of player numbers compared to Gears 4" into a sales numbers. Phil Spencer doesn't have full actual sales unless someone from sales management tell him. Also, Phil Spencer can provide a misleading PR ( as he oftenly does that ) and of course, Xbox fans like you, gladly will swallow that. NPD,. GSD and Media Create datas are not estimates at all. They are collecting data DIRECTLY from all retail stores and online stores.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

Neither do i. But looks like you do. He definitely turned "Gears 5 had the biggest launch in terms of player numbers compared to Gears 4" into a sales numbers. Phil Spencer doesn't have full actual sales unless someone from sales management tell him. Also, Phil Spencer can provide a misleading PR ( as he oftenly does that ) and of course, Xbox fans like you, gladly will swallow that. NPD,. GSD and Media Create datas are not estimates at all. They are collecting data DIRECTLY from all retail stores and online stores.

It looks like you do for sure. And everyone here will confirm that you do.

Phil Spencer, head of Xbox Game Studios, confirmed that Gears 5 outsold the previous Gears. Phil Spencer has full access to the sales for all of his games and hardware. He has it on his computer, real time. 100% accurate and updated minute by minute and knows it instantly. It's their product and it's being tracked in Microsoft's tracking software, real time. The NPD, GSD and Media estimates are usually pretty close. But I am glad Phil confirmed that Gears 5 sold better as he has the REAL time stats.

As a PS/Xbox fan I won't swallow anything from Jim Ryan/Phil Spencer unless they promise me a ring, a date, and lube.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

It looks like you do for sure. And everyone here will confirm that you do.

Phil Spencer, head of Xbox Game Studios, confirmed that Gears 5 outsold the previous Gears. Phil Spencer has full access to the sales for all of his games and hardware. He has it on his computer, real time. 100% accurate and updated minute by minute and knows it instantly. It's their product and it's being tracked in Microsoft's tracking software, real time. The NPD, GSD and Media estimates are usually pretty close. But I am glad Phil confirmed that Gears 5 sold better as he has the REAL time stats.

As a PS/Xbox fan I won't swallow anything from Jim Ryan/Phil Spencer unless they promise me a ring, a date, and lube.

Me. Naaah. I'm not swallow PR neither from Jim or Phil.

Phil Spencer has it in real-time. LOL No, it doesn't if someone from sales management tell him.

When Phil Spencer PR is misleading.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Antwan3K

@mowgly1: why do you keep reposting that screenshot as if it's supposed to mean something?..

Phil's quote from the interview is "Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4."

the key word there is "sold"; meaning game sales.. that's about as clear a statement as it gets, yet you still seemed confused..

On-topic: Game Pass is doing great subscriber numbers and isn't hurting game sales.. win/win..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 KvallyX

@mowgly1: tell us you know nothing about business would be much easier on you. Now stop gagging on Jim Ryans taint.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1070 Posts

@Pedro said:
@mowgly1 said:

Why should avoid PS Now when PS fans are buying games and supporting their work. Unlike Xbox fans....why supporting devs anyway.

Try that again in standard English if you don't mind.

LMFAO.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@mowgly1: ” Phil Spencer doesn't have full actual sales unless someone from sales management tell him.”

Oh lordy. Here’s à scenario for you….”Hey mr. Sales management guy, I’m head of Xbox and I don’t know how many copies Gears 5 sold….help me out”

Seem easy enough?

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 mowgly1

@sealionact said:

@mowgly1: ” Phil Spencer doesn't have full actual sales unless someone from sales management tell him.”

Oh lordy. Here’s à scenario for you….”Hey mr. Sales management guy, I’m head of Xbox and I don’t know how many copies Gears 5 sold….help me out”

Seem easy enough?

I've said, unless someone tell him from sales management. Also, yeah. He turned Gamepass downloads into a sales. Seems easy enough.

@Antwan3K said:

@mowgly1: why do you keep reposting that screenshot as if it's supposed to mean something?..

Phil's quote from the interview is "Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4."

the key word there is "sold"; meaning game sales.. that's about as clear a statement as it gets, yet you still seemed confused..

On-topic: Game Pass is doing great subscriber numbers and isn't hurting game sales.. win/win..

You keep posting Phil Spencer misleading PR like it means something. Yep, like i've said, he turned Gamepass downloads into a sales.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Antwan3K

@mowgly1: "sold" = "sales".. he didn't say "downloads", he didn't say "players"..

I know this information destroys your entire fake narrative but i'm sure you're capable of moving the goal post to another location..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 mowgly1

@Antwan3K said:

@mowgly1: "sold" = "sales".. he didn't say "downloads", he didn't say "players"..

I know this information destroys your entire fake narrative but i'm sure you're capable of moving the goal post to another location..

I know that you've swallowed Phil Spencers PR and he turned Gamepass download into a sales numbers. Of course it sold better than. LOL

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts
@mowgly1 said:

...he turned Gamepass downloads into a sales.

Have you provided evidence of this?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 sealionact

@mowgly1: Hmmm. Spencer says it outsold Gears 4 and someone called mowgly says Spencer is a liar.

Who do we think is more trustworthy? 🤔

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 mowgly1

@lundy86_4 said:
@mowgly1 said:

...he turned Gamepass downloads into a sales.

@sealionact said:

@mowgly1: Hmmm. Spencer says it outsold Gears 4 and someone called mowgly says Spencer is a liar.

Who do we think is more trustworthy? 🤔

You have the screenshot of Zhuge's post which is referred to Phil Spencer statement

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 lundy86_4

@mowgly1 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

You have the screenshot of Zhuge's post which is referred to Phil Spencer statement

That's not evidence... It's conjecture.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Antwan3K

@lundy86_4 said:
@mowgly1 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

and even then, it's discussing the 3 million player count and how those likely include people who accessed the title via Game Pass.. that screenshot has nothing to do with Gears 5 sales vs Gears 4 sales..

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Antwan3K: 🕵

Mowgly you gotta let this go. Davillain- already asked nicely

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Antwan3K

@xantufrog: yeah, i guess i beat this dead horse enough..

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Antwan3K: I don't think you're perpetuating it. Sorry, I'm on mobile (and the damn page only loads 10% of the time) so my @mogly1 failed

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By mowgly1
@xantufrog said:

@Antwan3K said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@mowgly1 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

and even then, it's discussing the 3 million player count and how those likely include people who accessed the title via Game Pass.. that screenshot has nothing to do with Gears 5 sales vs Gears 4 sales..

It does. LOL Zhuge's statement isn't guessing at all, he literally questioned ( for a good reason because obviously Phil Spencer turned Gamepass downloads into a sales ) Phil Spencer's statement about Gears 5 sales because he has data how Gears 4 sold globally and how Gears 5 sold compared to Gears 4 globally. Player numbers aren't suspicious as numerous sites stated that, sales are.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Antwan3K

@mowgly1 said:

Phil Spencer turned Gamepass downloads into a sales

Nobody is saying Game Pass downloads = sales, including Phil Spencer..

Please get back on-topic, this thread has been derailed enough and the mods are already issuing warnings..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By mowgly1
@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

Phil Spencer turned Gamepass downloads into a sales

Nobody is saying Game Pass downloads = sales, including Phil Spencer..

Please get back on-topic, this thread has been derailed enough and the mods are already issuing warnings..

No one with common sense, but Phil Spencer turned that crap into sales. Well, it is easy to blow up the sales numbers with Gamepass downloads as sales.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@xantufrog said:

@Antwan3K said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@mowgly1 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

It does. LOL Zhuge's statement isn't guessing at all, he literally questioned ( for a good reason because obviously Phil Spencer turned Gamepass downloads into a sales ) Phil Spencer's statement about Gears 5 sales because he has data how Gears 4 sold globally and how Gears 5 sold compared to Gears 4 globally. Player numbers aren't suspicious as numerous sites stated that, sales are.

According to Microsoft, Gears 5 out sold previous Gears. They know more than anyone else about their own game. You have to learn to deal with those facts and move on. All you are doing is trolling.

Zhuge, he is a massive troll and has been banned from gaming forums. He already said Xbox had chosen their future and Xbox's future was already decided.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By sealionact

@x_hedon: lol….no wonder mowgly trusts him as a source.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Can we just ban mowgly? Think the poor guy needs some time away and to touch some grass.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@xantufrog said:

@Antwan3K said:
@lundy86_4 said:

According to Microsoft, Gears 5 out sold previous Gears. They know more than anyone else about their own game. You have to learn to deal with those facts and move on. All you are doing is trolling.

Zhuge, he is a massive troll and has been banned from gaming forums. He already said Xbox had chosen their future and Xbox's future was already decided.

@sealionact said:

Yep. Same Shinobi said. That was before Phil Spencer became a CEO of MS Gaming segment and Phil Spencer answered to Ted Myerson. Of course Xbox division was a circus back then and with lack of money. So, when Phil became a CEO of gaming at MS, he got a thumbs up from Satya. Nice try, Xbox fans, nice try. It is damn unbelievable how you Xbox fans tried to spin the obvious before 2018. C-c-c-c-c

Phil Spencer turned Gamepass downloads into a sales. No more no less. If you didn't know, Xbox Store are also providing digital download data to NPD, GSD and what not. So, Zhuge has access to those. Although, Mat Piscatella would say that there is not digital data available for a specific game, like it says for Nintendo or MLB in NPD reports

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

@sealionact said:

Phil Spencer turned Gamepass downloads into a sales. No more no less. If you didn't know, Xbox Store are also providing digital download data to NPD, GSD and what not. So, Zhuge has access to those. Although, Mat Piscatella would say that there is not digital data available for a specific game, like it says for Nintendo or MLB in NPD reports

Link to where Phil Spencer said he decided to count Game Pass subscription revenue as individual game sales. I would love to be able to have you clear that up so that we know what you are talking about. If you could put that link where Phil confirmed that right here that would be great:

Insert link here _____________________________________________________

However, Phil Spencer has real time sales data on his workstation. He knows exactly how many copies of a game they own has sold online and to stores. He also gets store to consumer sales information, but at a monthly pace once retail reports sales via new purchases from Microsoft.

Phil also confirmed that Gears 5 outsold previous Gears. Those are the facts.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

@sealionact said:

Link to where Phil Spencer said he decided to count Game Pass subscription revenue as individual game sales. I would love to be able to have you clear that up so that we know what you are talking about. If you could put that link where Phil confirmed that right here that would be great:

Insert link here _____________________________________________________

However, Phil Spencer has real time sales data on his workstation. He knows exactly how many copies of a game they own has sold online and to stores. He also gets store to consumer sales information, but at a monthly pace once retail reports sales via new purchases from Microsoft.

Phil also confirmed that Gears 5 outsold previous Gears. Those are the facts.

I've linked you why Zhuge questioned his statement for a good reason. Game was selling like crap everywhere, NPD, EMMEA, GFK charts compared to Gears 4. It was so obvious back then in 2019. Even NPD said :

"Gears 5’s debut at No. 7 may seem disappointing at first, but it’s important to remember that it is part of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass subscription program. Anyone can get the game as part of that membership for just $10 per month — and Microsoft has had a number of promotions that charged much less than that."

This surely implies that Gears 5 didn't sold that good and NPD tried to do some damage control to mitigate not that good sales advertising Gamepass. Xbox also a providing digital sales to market analysts too. Phil Spencer can spin what he want to spin and he obviously turned that in to a sales. No more, no less. You can spin same as Phil Spencer as long as you want

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 lundy86_4

Holy ****, this guys reasoning is just batshit insane.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Where is the next upturn in subscribers coming from this year. The 2022 line up doesn't look great.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 sealionact

@mowgly1: “ Yep. Same Shinobi said. That was before Phil Spencer became a CEO of MS Gaming segment and Phil Spencer answered to Ted Myerson. Of course Xbox division was a circus back then and with lack of money. ”

Derp. So when he said “Don’t expect the future of Xbox to change….ms have cut funding…..they no longer have a blank cheque”, that’s ok because it was before ms increased funding and gave Xbox blank cheques?

😂😂😂😂

The comedic value here is unique….keep it coming mowgly, I’ve never seen anyone self own so well in all my years on these pages.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Antwan3K

@sealionact: the amount of spin and confirmation bias on display is actually quite impressive.. I want to say he's trolling but unfortunately i think he actually believes this nonsense..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By mowgly1
@sealionact said:

@mowgly1:

Derp. So when he said “Don’t expect the future of Xbox to change….ms have cut funding…..they no longer have a blank cheque”, that’s ok because it was before ms increased funding and gave Xbox blank cheques?

😂😂😂😂

The comedic value here is unique….keep it coming mowgly, I’ve never seen anyone self own so well in all my years on these pages.

Yep. Looks like you've ignoring the part and what happened before 2018. Xbox didn't had that lot of money. But things changed 6 months later when Phil Spencer became a CEO of gaming devision. You ignoring the part that Xbox had only 6 studios till 2018 and Terry Myerson was in charge back then. Well, i'm not that stupid and ignorant person.

@Antwan3K said:

@sealionact: the amount of spin and confirmation bias on display is actually quite impressive.. I want to say he's trolling but unfortunately i think he actually believes this nonsense..

Look who is talking about spinning. Hahaha

Oh, Phil Spencer's nonsense. Yeah. Looks like Xbox fans are so senile that Phil Spencer during Holidays 2013 tried to hid huge amount of Xbone sold-in numbers ( shelved Xbones ) just to be close as possible to PS4 sales....or about Kinect - "Unbundling Kinect is important to reach more players" PR, but reality, Kinect was a fail alongside with forcing it with Xbone.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#192 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@mowgly1: Aren't you tired of making a fool of yourself?🤔

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: That's not taking into account how many people are paying for Ultimate, which is $15/mo.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mowgly1

@Pedro said:

Nope. Just exposing bullshit from Phil Spencer and Xbox fans who believe in his misleading PR.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#195  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

Nope. Just exposing bullshit from Phil Spencer and Xbox fans who believe in his misleading PR.

When you are being called out for sounding stupid by non Xbox fannies, your belief in what you think you are doing is misguided.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By mowgly1
@Pedro said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

When you are being called out for sounding stupid by non Xbox fannies, your belief in what you think you are doing is misguided.

Really? Didn't know that. I'm sooo sorry.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Antwan3K
@mowgly1 said:

Oh, Phil Spencer's nonsense. Yeah. Looks like Xbox fans are so senile that Phil Spencer during Holidays 2013 tried to hid huge amount of Xbone sold-in numbers ( shelved Xbones ) just to be close as possible to PS4 sales....or about Kinect - "Unbundling Kinect is important to reach more players" PR, but reality, Kinect was a fail alongside with forcing it with Xbone.

all of that gibberish is a deflection from the fact that Game Pass has 25 million subscribers and Xbox Games Studios titles are still selling well..

Gears 5 sold better than Gears 4 and had 3 million players at launch.. Forza Horizon 5 clearly tops sales and has 18 million players.. Halo Infinite came in #2 behind Call of Duty in NPD and has 20 million players.. Heck, even Sea of Thieves sold 5 million on Steam alone and has 25 million players..

no matter how you slice it: subscribers, sales, or players; for Xbox, it's all a win/win/win.. your hilarious and sad meltdown in this thread is all the evidence anyone needs of that ideal..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 mowgly1

@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

all of that gibberish is a deflection from the fact that Game Pass has 25 million subscribers and Xbox Games Studios titles are still selling well..

Gears 5 sold better than Gears 4 and had 3 million players at launch.. Forza Horizon 5 clearly tops sales and has 18 million players.. Halo Infinite came in #2 behind Call of Duty in NPD and has 20 million players.. Heck, even Sea of Thieves sold 5 million on Steam alone and has 25 million players..

no matter how you slice it: subscribers, sales, or players; for Xbox, it's all a win/win/win.. your hilarious and sad meltdown in this thread is all the evidence anyone needs of that ideal..

Gears 5 didn't sold better than Gears 4, but it had bigger player number at launch compared to Gears 4 because it was heavily advertised with Gamepass back then. And Phil Spencer turned Gamepass downloads into sales.

You probably don't know this guy, but he worked for GameStop. Anyway

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Antwan3K

@mowgly1: it doesn't matter if you believe it or not.. The official statement from Microsoft is that Gears 5 outsold Gears 4 and you have no evidence to the contrary..

End of story..

Forum messages and Twitter posts of people who have differing opinions is just conjecture; not evidence.. Please try to understand that and move on..

But yeah, i know who he is.. he was one of the people claiming that Game Pass subscribers were up to 23 million way back in April of last year.. clearly he was wrong then (understandable since he doesn't have official information), but he's right about everything else?.. dude, just stop.. He's just offering his opinion and his opinion is not facts/evidence..

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Where is the next upturn in subscribers coming from this year. The 2022 line up doesn't look great.

Good question. Assuming the deal goes through it'll likely be driven in large by the Activision merger -- a lot of those consumers will reason they can just stop buying those games and subscribe to the service for access.