sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@mowgly1: Nope, Gamepass is not on Android. Theres no GP app.

” And therefore MS will count Android player as a Gamepass subscriber.”

This is where you’re wrong yet again. MS count GP subscribers. They do not count GP subs as one, and Xcloud players as another one.

There’s 25m Gamepass subscribers. Some of those play xcloud on Android, but nobody is buying Gamepass for Android….because you can’t. Is this clear enough for you?

I honestly can’t believe you’re this dense.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#102  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts
@sealionact said:

@mowgly1: Nope, Gamepass is not on Android. Theres no GP app.

” And therefore MS will count Android player as a Gamepass subscriber.”

This is where you’re wrong yet again. MS count GP subscribers. They do not count GP subs as one, and Xcloud players as another one.

There’s 25m Gamepass subscribers. Some of those play xcloud on Android, but nobody is buying Gamepass for Android….because you can’t. Is this clear enough for you?

I honestly can’t believe you’re this dense.

When Xbox fan doesn't know how Gamepass works for Android or that exists. LOL

Go to Google play ( i'm searched it via Google as a Gamepass apk ) on Android phone > type Xbox Game Pass > download app > install > sign in ( with existing or new acc. ) > choose a CLOUD section ( at first sub to GP if you didn't ) - play a game

or this video

Loading Video...

There, MS can count me as a GamePass subscriber even if i'm using Xcloud only. So, over 2 billion Android devices and over a billion iOS devices and yet 25 mil. subs.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@mowgly1: oh snap - good thing Sony's PSNow can be played on mobile phones too otherwise they'd be screwed! Shame about the low attachment given those 2 billion potential customers though

Herpderp. What kind of argument are you trying to build?

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 mowgly1

@xantufrog said:

@mowgly1: oh snap - good thing Sony's PSNow can be played on mobile phones too otherwise they'd be screwed! Shame about the low attachment given those 2 billion potential customers though

Herpderp. What kind of argument are you trying to build?

How number of GP subs grew slow despite it is available on few billion devices.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@mowgly1: I understand that - it was kind of a rhetorical question. GP isn't the same thing as XCloud, first of all, so in order for the mobile phone market to make a big impact on GP adoption you have to ask

1) how many mobile phone-only gamers are there? This is a critical question, because people who use GP on XBox or PC won't be counted twice.

2) of them, how many want to play non-mobile games with a controller on their mobile phone (like, the serious sit down and game games from consoles and PC that GP offers)?

Hm, suddenly that giant pool got a lot smaller.

3) Of them, how many want to stream that - eating battery like candy and, worst case, data as well?

4) of them, how many want to do that SO MUCH and SO OFTEN they actually will pay a monthly fee to do it (now finally arriving at your connection to GP and not just XCloud)

I guess the real answer is we don't know how many of those people are out there - but they certainly aren't casual phone users. We've got mesome...

And then the other problem with your argument is that people that "hardcore" with their phone use can play PSNow games on their phone too (albeit unofficially- but not illegally or with difficulty). So why aren't they adding massive numbers to PSNow's subscriptions? Why only count this against XCloud / GP? Of course, the answer is largely in the 4 questions I posed above: almost nobody appears to want to do this right now. Phones are largely used for casual mobile game gaming.

*edit* although I have no way of proving it, I'd bet almost every single person who has even tried either option on their phone already has the service with a console or PC. They like it and think "hey, this could be a lark - maybe it won't be so bad? Let's try..." <---and therefore there may be a decent number of people out there who have tried, but it hasn't added a drop to the subscription count

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By mowgly1
@xantufrog said:

@mowgly1: I understand that - it was kind of a rhetorical question. GP isn't the same thing as XCloud, first of all, so in order for the mobile phone market to make a big impact on GP adoption you have to ask

1) how many mobile phone-only gamers are there? This is a critical question, because people who use GP on XBox or PC won't be counted twice.

Of course it won't be counted twice if someone use a mobile app with an EXISTING acc. I'm pretty sure you know that you can just buy some gamepad and connect it via bluetooth on Android and therefore you can play game easily.

2) of them, how many want to play non-mobile games with a controller on their mobile phone (like, the serious sit down and game games from consoles and PC that GP offers)?

I dunno how many want to play. But Android devices ( and others ) are also intended for new GP subs too, not just for existing ones

Hm, suddenly that giant pool got a lot smaller.

And pool can become giant as well

3) Of them, how many want to stream that - eating battery like candy and, worst case, data as well?

Well, you have cheap mobile data banks with tens of thousands of mAH battery :D

4) of them, how many want to do that SO MUCH and SO OFTEN they actually will pay a monthly fee to do it (now finally arriving at your connection to GP and not just XCloud)

Well, media, members, xbox shill and who not are saying it is a bast value in gaming. So, it is not a problem to pay a 15$ monthly fee.

I guess the real answer is we don't know how many of those people are out there - but they certainly aren't casual phone users. We've got mesome...

Over 3 billion

And then the other problem with your argument is that people that "hardcore" with their phone use can play PSNow games on their phone too (albeit unofficially- but not illegally or with difficulty). So why aren't they adding massive numbers to PSNow's subscriptions? Why only count this against XCloud / GP? Of course, the answer is largely in the 4 questions I posed above: almost nobody appears to want to do this right now. Phones are largely used for casual mobile game gaming.

There is no PS Now on phones, i mean it never was. Sony removed support for PS3, PSV, Samsung TV and Sony TV years ago. Also, it is rumored that it will be on iOS and Android devices

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 xantufrog  Moderator

@mowgly1: you might want to reread my post again and think about it before talking about how it isn't on phones and how gp has over 3billion customers.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 sealionact

@mowgly1: Watch your video. 5 seconds in; “You’ll need to sign up to gamepass Ultimate”. Are you then playing Gamepass? Nope. You’re playing xcloud. You’re not downloading games onto your phone, you’re streaming them.

We’ve tried being patient with you - given your issues - but ultimately you’re the definitive proof that man derived from the Great Apes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#109 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69483 Posts

Gamepass is really destroying this poor lad. 😂 There was a time when he wasn't this much of a loss case.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 mowgly1

@sealionact said:

@mowgly1: Watch your video. 5 seconds in; “You’ll need to sign up to gamepass Ultimate”. Are you then playing Gamepass? Nope. You’re playing xcloud. You’re not downloading games onto your phone, you’re streaming them.

We’ve tried being patient with you - given your issues - but ultimately you’re the definitive proof that man derived from the Great Apes.

Didn't you read what i've said?

Go to Google play ( i'm searched it via Google as a Gamepass apk ) on Android phone > type Xbox Game Pass > download app > install > sign in ( with existing or new acc. ) > choose a CLOUD section ( at first sub to GP if you didn't ) - play a game

Therefore, you LITERALLY said that there is no Gamepass Android app. Now you are backpedalling and trying to play some drama queen.

I dunno how the got a conclusion that i've said or even implied that Xcloud is for or you can download games. Of course you can stream it. Even with stream only, you are Gamepass subscriber too.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10443 Posts

@sealionact said:

username suggests he was raised by them

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 sealionact

@mowgly1: The idea that someone would spend 15 bucks a month to stream games on a mobile device that mostly needs a Bluetooth controller and performs poorly is something only you could come up with.

Therefore your claim that “2 billion” devices are available to sign up on is even more ridiculous. Those 2 billion can also stream psnow on those same devices, but I wouldn’t be idiotic enough to suggest gamers are paying for psnow to play on Android…..but you’re claiming that for xcloud

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mowgly1

@sealionact said:

@mowgly1: The idea that someone would spend 15 bucks a month to stream games on a mobile device that mostly needs a Bluetooth controller and performs poorly is something only you could come up with.

Phil Spencer's idea is to reach 3 billion people on numerous devices. Even 95% of those only can stream games paying 15$ monthly. That is not my idea, it is Phil Spencer's idea. That's why there is Xcloud for Android and iOS devices.

Therefore your claim that “2 billion” devices are available to sign up on is even more ridiculous. Those 2 billion can also stream psnow on those same devices, but I wouldn’t be idiotic enough to suggest gamers are paying for psnow to play on Android…..but you’re claiming that for xcloud

Well, Phil Spencer is hoping that Android and iOS only users will sub just for streaming games. Btw. there is no PS Now app for Android and iOS devices, although, there is a rumor that Sony is preparing something

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 mowgly1
@Macutchi said:
@sealionact said:

username suggests he was raised by them

Even Great Apes are smarter than Xbox fans.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8068 Posts

@mowgly1: you said Xbox players don't buy games.. But Xbox's largest franchises in Halo/Gears/Forza have all either topped sales charts and/or sold better than ever after Game Pass was created..

you are factually incorrect.. this is not a debate.. your fake narrative is fake..

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Came in here to see a mowgly mental breakdown and embarrassments and wasn't disappointed.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 mowgly1

@Antwan3K said:

@mowgly1: you said Xbox players don't buy games.. But Xbox's largest franchises in Halo/Gears/Forza have all either topped sales charts and/or sold better than ever after Game Pass was created..

you are factually incorrect.. this is not a debate.. your fake narrative is fake..

Nice try for spinning.

Halo/Forza/Gears topped the charts? Forza was at No.4 November 2022 NPD, drop off a top 10 overall ( 16th place ) Dec. 2022 NPD. Gears 5 was at No. 7 September 2019, dropped off a top 20 next month. Halo is at No.2....That is not a topping the charts. Claiming that Xbox fans buying games, yet, next month huge drop in sales. Where are the legs then if Gamepass is pushing sales? Look at MLB. Consistently on the charts mostly thanks to PS userbase. Where are the rest hundreds of games that were on Gamepass, hm? Did they topped the charst? Nope.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Pedro

"Even Great Apes are smarter than Xbox fans.", so you are admitting you are a great ape.😂

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Antwan3K

@mowgly1 said:
@Antwan3K said:

Nice try for spinning.

Halo/Forza/Gears topped the charts? Forza was at No.4 November 2022 NPD, drop off a top 10 overall ( 16th place ) Dec. 2022 NPD. Gears 5 was at No. 7 September 2019, dropped off a top 20 next month. Halo is at No.2....That is not a topping the charts. Claiming that Xbox fans buying games, yet, next month huge drop in sales. Where are the legs then if Gamepass is pushing sales? Look at MLB. Consistently on the charts mostly thanks to PS userbase. Where are the rest hundreds of games that were on Gamepass, hm? Did they topped the charst? Nope.

how are Xbox fans not buying games yet Xbox games chart at the top of NPD?..

btw, MLB The Show 21, which made an historic cross-platform debut on Xbox One and Xbox Series X this year, was the top-selling game in the United States in April, according to NPD. and is available on Game Pass..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 mowgly1

@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Antwan3K said:

Nice try for spinning.

how are Xbox fans not buying games yet Xbox games chart at the top of NPD?..

btw, MLB The Show 21, which made an historic cross-platform debut on Xbox One and Xbox Series X this year, was the top-selling game in the United States in April, according to NPD. and is available on Game Pass..

You said topped the charts, which means No.1, that didn't happened.

Xbox fan still think one month = whole year. MLB is on the Top 20 overall chart because of because PS community buying the damn game during the whole year. Just check the charts from April and till end of 2021. Especially you can see how MLB stand on PS chart and on Xbox chart for the whole year. Total difference.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@mowgly1: yes there is a gamepass app on Android. Theres no need to sideload anything, just download it from the app store and install.

Not every game can be streamed though, though most of the first party games can be. I ended up getting the razer kishi attachment for my phone and it works great.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Antwan3K

@mowgly1: if Xbox fans don't buy games, these games wouldn't be selling better than ever and/or in the top spots of NPD..

Period..

Again, this isn't a debate.. You are factually incorrect. I'm only entertaining this conversation just to see how far your delusional fanboyism goes..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By mowgly1
@Antwan3K said:

@mowgly1: if Xbox fans don't buy games, these games wouldn't be selling better than ever and/or in the top spots of NPD..

Period..

Again, this isn't a debate.. You are factually incorrect. I'm only entertaining this conversation just to see how far your delusional fanboyism goes..

One month charting isn't gamepass pushing sales. Game needs to be in the charts for a few months, showing it has legs. Period. Looks who is talking being delusional yet claiming that Gamepass is pushing sales trying to validate statement with first party titles which dropped of a cliff in next month.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Antwan3K

@mowgly1: games don't need to chart for several months in order to show that people are buying games.. If people aren't buying games, they wouldn't chart at all..

You are factually incorrect. This is not a debate. You are just plain wrong..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mowgly1

@Antwan3K said:

@mowgly1: games don't need to chart for several months in order to show that people are buying games.. If people aren't buying games, they wouldn't chart at all..

You are factually incorrect. This is not a debate. You are just plain wrong..

If game is selling constantly decent then it is on the chart for some time. Plain and simple.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Antwan3K
@mowgly1 said:

If game is selling constantly decent then it is on the chart for some time. Plain and simple.

you said Xbox fans aren't buying games due to Game Pass.. yet Gears 5 broke all previous sales records, Forza Horizon 5 is selling great as always, and Halo Infinite was #2 on NPD..

you are incorrect.. your fake narrative is fake.. nothing you are currently saying changes that..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By mowgly1
@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

you said Xbox fans aren't buying games due to Game Pass.. yet Gears 5 broke all previous sales records, Forza Horizon 5 is selling great as always, and Halo Infinite was #2 on NPD..

you are incorrect.. your fake narrative is fake.. nothing you are currently saying changes that..

Spinning again about Gears 5 i see. Your link about Gears 5 talked about player numbers yet it has clickbait headline If you didn't know, Gears 5 sold worse in NPD launch month and in UK in both digital and retail compared to Gears 5. Player numbers aren't sales.

In second spot is Microsoft's Gears 5. The game also sold less than its predecessor -- about 25% of what Gears 4 managed at launch

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-16-borderlands-3-is-the-biggest-uk-boxed-launch-of-2019

And yet you, Xbox fan trying to spin things, saying that i'm wrong, yet, you Xbox fan, trying to push players numbers AS SALES. Level headed man knows that players numbers aren't sales. Especially if game is on Gamepass.

The Gears of War franchise keeps turning, as Microsoft has declared Gears 5 "the biggest launch week of any Xbox Game Studios title this generation," saying that more than three million players played in its opening week.

Those numbers were bolstered by the game's inclusion in the Xbox Game Pass

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-16-gears-5-tops-3-million-players-in-first-week

So, Gameindustry biz. sold a fake narrative back then. Bravo, Xbox fan. Clap, clap....

Looks like you didn't read link at all. I've gave you also the charts for NPD after where Gears 5 literally disappeared from top 20 and NPD statement about Gears 5 No.7 position. You also ignored that on post #99 and what Zhuge said about Gears 5 launch numbers

Gamepass is pushing sales trying to validate statement with first party titles which dropped of a cliff in next month. LOL

I've said in previous post that Forza Horizon games are always selling, i'll give you that ( well, Forza Horizo 3 and 4 were HEAVILY bundled )

Also, you, Xbox fan, thinks that one month = is whole year. I'll bet that Halo Infinite will drop of the Top 10 overall for the next NPD. That is not Gamepass pushing sales at all.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Antwan3K

@mowgly1: you're trying to use Gears 5 box sales in the UK as some kind of indication that it didn't sell??.. your link literally says "But the lack of digital data makes all of this hard to compare" in the damn HEADLINE!!..

according to your own link, Gears 5 still came in #2 in UK box sales and your other link states "Microsoft also added that Gears 5 has almost tripled Gears of War 4's numbers on PC" which includes Steam sales.. beyond that, Microsoft said Gears 5's first-week player base doubled that of Gears of War 4 in 2016, and was the largest for any Xbox Game Studios title since Halo 4 in 2012.

The combination of Game Pass, Steam, and retail sales made it the largest launch for a Gears game ever, which is ultimately the end-goal regardless of your fanboy logic..

nothing you posted indicates that Xbox gamers "didn't buy" the game and nothing you posted refutes Microsoft's claim that Gears 5 broke previous sales records.. You are just plain wrong.. this isn't a debate.. you are factually incorrect..

Sales charts and developer interviews have debunked your fake narrative already.. it's time to just move on to your next goal post location..

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By sealionact

@mowgly1: Gears, Forza, MLB, Halo all sold millions. Gamepass didn’t stop them selling well.

Anything else coming out of your mouth is just monkey speak.

Bryank75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Bryank75
Member since 2021 • 17 Posts

@Antwan3K:

It's a well known fact that Xbox users do not buy games.... you can look at any forum or message board or group and see things like 'I'll just wait for it to be on 'Gamepass'

Gamepass was actually a solution that Xbox had to come up with because when they money-hatted games like Titanfall and Tomb Raider, the Xbox fans were not buying them.

But Phil is a smart guy... he got a few coins out of you tight-asses!

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By mowgly1
@Antwan3K said:

@mowgly1: you're trying to use Gears 5 box sales in the UK as some kind of indication that it didn't sell??.. your link literally says "But the lack of digital data makes all of this hard to compare" in the damn HEADLINE!!..

according to your own link, Gears 5 still came in #2 in UK box sales and your other link states "Microsoft also added that Gears 5 has almost tripled Gears of War 4's numbers on PC" which includes Steam sales.. beyond that, Microsoft said Gears 5's first-week player base doubled that of Gears of War 4 in 2016, and was the largest for any Xbox Game Studios title since Halo 4 in 2012.

The combination of Game Pass, Steam, and retail sales made it the largest launch for a Gears game ever, which is ultimately the end-goal regardless of your fanboy logic..

nothing you posted indicates that Xbox gamers "didn't buy" the game and nothing you posted refutes Microsoft's claim that Gears 5 broke previous sales records.. You are just plain wrong.. this isn't a debate.. you are factually incorrect..

Sales charts and developer interviews have debunked your fake narrative already.. it's time to just move on to your next goal post location..

But you IGNORING the KEY POINT : "player numbers bolstered by Gamepass" as gameindustry biz. notified it as main point. Also, if Gears 5 sold just 25% of what Gears 4 then, you bet that digital sales won't mitigate comparison sales to Gears 4 because Gears 4 was also on PC. Of course Steam sales of Gears 5 will be better because Gears 4 was only on MS Store which is CRAP and nobody buys there. You ignored that, don't ya. Probably Gears 4 sold 100 copies on MS Store. LOL

Gears 5 didn't broke previous sales records. Nice try, pathetic Xbox spinner. It broke player numbers. Player numbers aren't sales.Me plain wrong, yet, Zhuge claimed that would need to include game pass to make sense to break sales records. Sales charts, just proved what i've told ya. Gears 5 dropped of the charts next month in NPD. Yeah, Gamepass pushing sales. Also, Gears 5 wasn't even in top 50 as most played game in UK and US charts for a ver, very long time now. So much about Gamepass is pushing sales

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Pedro

Gamepass is being bolstered by player numbers and games are not being played because of GamePass?🤔 Someone is not thinking things through.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 mowgly1

@Pedro said:

Gamepass is being bolstered by player numbers and games are not being played because of GamePass?🤔 Someone is nothing things through.

Well, Gears 5 is on Gamepass and game is nowhere to be seen. Where the **** is Gears 5? Point of Gamepass is also to provide some legs for games

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

Damn, Mowgly is getting his ASS handed to him on a platter.

But I am glad that Phil confirmed that Gears 5 sold better than Gears 4, and that doesn't even talk about Game Pass or "players". That's a good thing for the IP no doubt. Also pretty cool is that it was the debut on Steam that MS ever had.

"In that context, how do you view the success of a title like Gears 5? It's obviously not about sales for you. So how do you justify the investment in a big project like that? How do you measure its success when you've got this game that's coming out on Game Pass day and date with retail?

Phil Spencer: Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4. And we feel good about it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-15-the-big-xo19-interview-xbox-boss-phil-spencer

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:

Damn, Mowgly is getting his ASS handed to him on a platter.

But I am glad that Phil confirmed that Gears 5 sold better than Gears 4, and that doesn't even talk about Game Pass or "players". That's a good thing for the IP no doubt. Also pretty cool is that it was the debut on Steam that MS ever had.

"In that context, how do you view the success of a title like Gears 5? It's obviously not about sales for you. So how do you justify the investment in a big project like that? How do you measure its success when you've got this game that's coming out on Game Pass day and date with retail?

Phil Spencer: Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4. And we feel good about it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-15-the-big-xo19-interview-xbox-boss-phil-spencer

He in this interview specifically talking about Gamepass and player numbers Nice try!!

Already discussed on previous page and here :

When Xbox fans are love to swallow every word what sucker Phil Spencer spewed from his ass.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Antwan3K

@mowgly1 said:

But you IGNORING the KEY POINT : "player numbers bolstered by Gamepass" as gameindustry biz. notified it as main point. Also, if Gears 5 sold just 25% of what Gears 4 then, you bet that digital sales won't mitigate comparison sales to Gears 4 because Gears 4 was also on PC. You ignored that, don't ya.

Gears 5 didn't broke previous sales records. Nice try, pathetic Xbox spinner. It broke player numbers. Player numbers aren't sales.Me plain wrong, yet, Zhuge claimed that would need to include game pass to make sense. Sales charts, just proved what i've told ya. Gears 5 dropped of the charts next month in NPD. Yeah, Gamepass pushing sales. Also, Gears 5 wasn't even in top 50 as most played game in UK and US charts for a ver, very long time now. So much about Gamepass is pushing sales

Noone said player numbers weren't bolstered by Game Pass.. but nothing you posted indicates that Xbox players didn't buy the game at retail..

secondly, you're still talking about BOX SALES in one region.. you have zero information on digital sales and it's a fact that digital sales have increased YoY between Gears 4 in 2016 and Gears 5 in 2019.. so even if Gears 5 had 25% less box sales in the UK, that could also mean they had a 25% increase in digital sales in that region.. you have zero information in that regard yet you are making wild fanboy assumptions to fit your fake narrative..

absolutely nothing you have stated indicates that people didn't buy the game at retail..

On the other hand, Gears 5 had three million players in opening weekend, double the amount of players of Gears 4, and sales of the game on PC were nearly tripled when compared to Gears of War 4. I've provided a link stating that Gears 5 was the biggest launch for the game to date and has broke previous sales records.. even your own link showing only box sales in the UK puts Gears 5 in the #2 spot for that month..

while it's true that there aren't exact breakdowns, you still can't make the claim that noone is buying these games when they are debuting at the top of sales charts and metrics provided by both developers and Microsoft show that Game Pass titles tend to sell even better due to the inherent advertising associated with being in the service..

You literally have nothing, zero proof, to back up your claims that people aren't buying Game Pass titles.. there is nothing more to discuss..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Antwan3K

@bryank75 said:

@Antwan3K:

It's a well known fact that Xbox users do not buy games.... you can look at any forum or message board or group and see things like 'I'll just wait for it to be on 'Gamepass'

Gamepass was actually a solution that Xbox had to come up with because when they money-hatted games like Titanfall and Tomb Raider, the Xbox fans were not buying them.

But Phil is a smart guy... he got a few coins out of you tight-asses!

the vast majority of people are not subscribed to Game Pass and the vast majority of people do not post on video game forums..

internet message boards =/= real life..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By mowgly1
@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

But you IGNORING the KEY POINT : "player numbers bolstered by Gamepass" as gameindustry biz. notified it as main point. Also, if Gears 5 sold just 25% of what Gears 4 then, you bet that digital sales won't mitigate comparison sales to Gears 4 because Gears 4 was also on PC. You ignored that, don't ya.

Gears 5 didn't broke previous sales records. Nice try, pathetic Xbox spinner. It broke player numbers. Player numbers aren't sales.Me plain wrong, yet, Zhuge claimed that would need to include game pass to make sense. Sales charts, just proved what i've told ya. Gears 5 dropped of the charts next month in NPD. Yeah, Gamepass pushing sales. Also, Gears 5 wasn't even in top 50 as most played game in UK and US charts for a ver, very long time now. So much about Gamepass is pushing sales

Noone said player numbers weren't bolstered by Game Pass.. but nothing you posted indicates that Xbox players didn't buy the game at retail..

secondly, you're still talking about BOX SALES in one region.. you have zero information on digital sales and it's a fact that digital sales have increased YoY between Gears 4 in 2016 and Gears 5 in 2019.. so even if Gears 5 had 25% less box sales in the UK, that could also mean they had a 25% increase in digital sales in that region.. you have zero information in that regard yet you are making wild fanboy assumptions to fit your fake narrative..

absolutely nothing you have stated indicates that people didn't buy the game at retail..

On the other hand, Gears 5 had three million players in opening weekend, double the amount of players of Gears 4, and sales of the game on PC were nearly tripled when compared to Gears of War 4. I've provided a link stating that Gears 5 was the biggest launch for the game to date and has broke previous sales records.. even your own link showing only box sales in the UK puts Gears 5 in the #2 spot for that month..

while it's true that there aren't exact breakdowns, you still can't make the claim that noone is buying these games when they are debuting at the top of sales charts and metrics provided by both developers and Microsoft show that Game Pass titles tend to sell even better due to the inherent advertising associated with being in the service..

You literally have nothing, zero proof, to back up your claims that people aren't buying Game Pass titles.. there is nothing more to discuss..

LOL. I've provided charts and some sales data, you didn't anything. Gears 5 sold just 25% of Gears 4 in a launch week on Xbone in UK. Digital on Xbone was already high in 2016. So, digital sales for Gears 4 were high back then. So, like i've said, even digital won't push Gears 5 above Gears 4 back then because Gears 4 digital sales was already high, but Gears 5 sold just 25% in at retail in Xbox 2nd strongest market - UK. You literally ignore the damn fact that Gears 4 is just available on CRAPPY MS Store where no one buying games. LOL. PC sales of Gears 5 trippled the Gears 4 sales which was only on MS Store. Probably sold there 1000 copies. How much was Gears 5. 3000? Yay!!! I've provided you everything i could. Your proof is Phil Spencer PR. And a misleading PR. Gears 5 was the biggest launch in terms of player numbers, not sales.

EDIT :

Found this crap that Gears 5 on PC just had 10000 players during launch. LOL

https://www.vg247.com/gears-5-low-concurrent-steam-numbers-paint-interesting-picture

Hhahaha. Trippled sales and....10000 players. I will qoute you next month when Halo Infinite drop of the Top 10 overall on NPD chart. And i will just laugh at you

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Antwan3K

@mowgly1: you provided box sales for one region and even then, your own link says those numbers are virtually meaningless without digital sales information, and it was still #2 in sales.. you literally provided zero useful information and even that information showed that people still bought the game (disproving your entire point)..

you're ignoring every metric that actually matters while providing zero relevant information to the contrary.. and even then, you are talking about one game, Gears 5, which sold better than Gears 4.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

again, this isn't even a debate anymore.. you are factually incorrect.. even other cows have moved on from the "Game Pass kills sales" narrative because it has been proven false time and time again.. nothing else needs to be said on the subject..

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By mowgly1
@Antwan3K said:

@mowgly1: you provided box sales for one region and even then, it was #2 in sales.. you literally provided zero useful information and even that information showed that people still bought the game (disproving your entire point)..

you're ignoring every metric that actually matters while providing zero relevant information to the contrary.. and even then, you are talking about one game, Gears 5, which sold better than Gears 4..

again, this isn't even a debate anymore.. you are factually incorrect.. even other cows have moved on from the "Game Pass kills sales" narrative because it has been proven false time and time again.. nothing else needs to be said on the subject..

UK is the 2nd strongest market for Xbox. Period. It literally reflects Xbox sales in US in both retail and digital. I've provided to you more than you've provided which is Phil Spencer misleading PR, Xbox pathetic spinner. I've provided you charts, player PC numbers of Gears 5 ( LOL at the trippled sales. sooooo huge sales on PC, yet 10000 players at launch on Steam - again : players aren't sales). You keep spinning and claiming player numbers = sales. Pathetic! It is not debate, of course. I'm just exposing what Xbox fans are, just to show the stupidity of Xbox community. Your proof is just crap from Phil Spencer's mouth, and that's it. Gamepass killed Gears 5 sales. Game dropped of the Top 20 overall chart in October 2019 NPD in strongest Xbox market ( you ignored that literally ). You also ignored the quote from Zhuge. But keep saying that players = sales.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Antwan3K

@mowgly1: you provided me box sales (zero digital sales information) in the UK where the game still came in at the top of the chart.. so people clearly bought the game even by your own cherrypicked metric..

you literally destroyed your own fake argument.. but even without your self-ownage, Gears 5 Outsold Gears of War 4 Even With Xbox Game Pass

/discussion

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By mowgly1
@Antwan3K said:

@mowgly1: you provided me box sales (zero digital sales information) in the UK where the game still came in at the top of the chart.. so people clearly bought the game even by your own cherrypicked metric..

you literally destroyed your own fake argument.. but even without your self-ownage, Gears 5 Outsold Gears of War 4 Even With Xbox Game Pass

/discussion

Cherrypicked metric in 2 biggest Xbox markets. LOL. Also, it is sight to behold to see that Gears 5 is nowhere to be seen on the most played chart on Xbox Store in UK and US.

When you're dumb Xbox fan, than you're dumb Xbox fan. Sadly, brainwashed by Phil Spencer's mouth.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

Damnit guys, stop derailing the thread!😡 That incudes you mowgly1.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Pedro

@davillain said:

Damnit guys, stop derailing the thread!😡

This typically happens when Sony fannies are butthurt.😂

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Antwan3K
@mowgly1 said:

that screenshot is completely meaningless to a conversation on whether or not Gears 5 outsold Gears 4... not sure why you keep using it..

Phil's exact words were: "Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4."..

that's about as clear as it gets and that's the end of any discussion on the matter.. you are factually incorrect.. this isn't up for debate..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@Pedro: I notice it's just mowgly1 who seems to can't handle the meltdown and doesn't know when to call it a day.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Pedro

@davillain said:

@Pedro: I notice it's just mowgly1 who seems to can't handle the meltdown and doesn't know when to call it a day.

He has been in upset mode for quite sometime. I am not sure what has cause his bitterness as of late. Must be the overall positive direction Xbox has taken over the last year but it ain't that amazing to be in perpetual meltdown.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 mowgly1

@Antwan3K said:
@mowgly1 said:

that screenshot is completely meaningless to a conversation on whether or not Gears 5 outsold Gears 4... not sure why you keep using it..

Phil's exact words were: "Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4."..

that's about as clear as it gets and that's the end of any discussion on the matter.. you are factually incorrect.. this isn't up for debate..

Phil Spencer's PR is meaningless and misleading and you've SWALLOWED IT

Gears 5 had bigger launch than Gears 4 in terms of player numbers, NOT sales. Damn, i'm so glad that i'm not dumb. As blind as you are, your quote was few post before yours. LOL

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

You have to commend Mowgly's dedication... Intelligence, not so much.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By mowgly1
@davillain said:

Nope. I'm just enjoying exposing the stupidity of Xbox fans. That's why i'm here. I can do it all day. Well, i'm not eating Phil Spencer's misleading PR like they did.