E3 Lounge: Where Dreams are destroyed and Directs are made! Now with Scorpions™ Live!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1851  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@PikminWorld: Well best of luck with your research. :)

Let me know how things get on! I never had much ambition to research my family's origins but maybe it's worth doing - this has taken my interest!

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1852 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@PikminWorld: oh, yeah...it's gonna get a lot darker. Glad you're enjoying it. Just finished watching the season finale of Better Call Saul, and it's definitely come into it's own this season.

I know I may be in the minority here, but I'm looking forward to Preacher season 2 this weekend. The first one was a whole prequel, and alienated a lot of fans, but with all that setup out the way now for those not familiar with the characters , it looks like the show will start properly--and by that, I mean the bat shit insanity found in the comics. Well, at least as much as can be allowed on tv, anyway.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1853 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Maroxad said:

I noticed that the videos @jg4xchamp does link to us... are at least quality videos worth watching. I can't say the same for the garbage @FireEmblem_Man tried to link me in the past.

Pretty good taste in youtube videos if I may say so myself, at least the gaming section. As for myself, I mostly only use youtube for videos concerning science and literature.

What's with the cheap shot at me? What other youtube videos have I posted here other than one conservative youtuber?

I just like taking playful jabs :P Dont take it seriously, people do it all the time while meaning no foul, no harm. *Jab* *Jab*

As to answer your other question. You have posted quite a few. Around 3 or so before you stopped.

What's the other 2? SpawnWaveMedia is trust-worthy for my gaming news, and I mess with Gameboytroy posting Obe1Plays youtube videos, because he over-hyped the Nintendo Switch for being more than what we have now.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1854 FireEmblem_Man

@mems_1224: I almost forgot, Twolves look much better than the Rockets now :P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1855  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Maroxad said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Maroxad said:

I noticed that the videos @jg4xchamp does link to us... are at least quality videos worth watching. I can't say the same for the garbage @FireEmblem_Man tried to link me in the past.

Pretty good taste in youtube videos if I may say so myself, at least the gaming section. As for myself, I mostly only use youtube for videos concerning science and literature.

What's with the cheap shot at me? What other youtube videos have I posted here other than one conservative youtuber?

I just like taking playful jabs :P Dont take it seriously, people do it all the time while meaning no foul, no harm. *Jab* *Jab*

As to answer your other question. You have posted quite a few. Around 3 or so before you stopped.

What's the other 2? SpawnWaveMedia is trust-worthy for my gaming news, and I mess with Gameboytroy posting Obe1Plays youtube videos, because he over-hyped the Nintendo Switch for being more than what we have now.

Dont remember the names, but I think something tried to discuss the identity of the alt right, and the other was a from computing forever or whatever he is called either way. Then I think there was a sargon of akkad video before that. But memory is a bit foggy.

I didnt mean it in a negative way, just wanted some banter with you :). I think you are cool for most of the part.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1856  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@Maroxad: Nope, never did posted any Sargon related videos, but did posted Roaming Millennial and Computing Forever.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1857 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Maroxad said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Maroxad said:

Lol. I'm surprised that FireEmblem_man didn't mention Gamexplain.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1858 Maroxad

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@Maroxad: Nope, never did posted any Sargon related videos, but did posted Roaming Millennial and Computing Forever.

Ahh, well like I said, my memory is foggy :P

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1859 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

I just got stabbed with about 16 needles and it felt good. WTF is wrong with me?

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1860  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

New statement from RockStar

=========================

"Rockstar Games believes in reasonable fan creativity, and, in particular, wants creators to showcase their passion for our games. After discussions with Take-Two, Take-Two has agreed that it generally will not take legal action against third-party projects involving Rockstar’s PC games that are single-player, non-commercial, and respect the intellectual property (IP) rights of third parties. This does not apply to (i) multiplayer or online services; (ii) tools, files, libraries, or functions that could be used to impact multiplayer or online services, or (iii) use or importation of other IP (including other Rockstar IP) in the project. This is not a license, and it does not constitute endorsement, approval, or authorization of any third-party project. Take-Two reserves the right to object to any third-party project, or to revise, revoke and/or withdraw this statement at any time in their own discretion. This statement does not constitute a waiver of any rights that Take-Two may have with respect to third-party projects

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1861 FireEmblem_Man

@Maroxad said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

No biggy, we cool! At least we can get a long outside of politics! I'm just waiting on @GameboyTroy to prove me how the Switch is an Anti-Consumer product

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1862  Edited By Maroxad

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Maroxad said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

No biggy, we cool! At least we can get a long outside of politics! I'm just waiting on @GameboyTroy to prove me how the Switch is an Anti-Consumer product

Now that is something we can both agree on :D

Outside of Switch games being ridicilously overpriced here. The Switch treated me better than the past few nintendo systems. No region locking for one.

Edit: On a side note. Tactics Ogre is reminding me of why I sometimes prefer fire emblem. Less traffic jams (everyone has the same movement as a knight in Fire Emblem), less RNG loot bullshit. I was sitting there tarroting for an hour trying to get winged boots, which will help in nullifying the traffic jams to drop but to no avail. Really tedious. Fire Emblem is extremely well paced. And often has you killing stuff even on turn 1.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1863 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Alright! Time for another tjspammia meltdown!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1864 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@mmmwksil: I finally unsubbed from Matpat after years. He jumped the shark a long time ago, then went all the way back around to jump over it again with "Ness is Sans"

I go with Gnoggin for my theories now.

@PikminWorld:I'll just leave this here...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1865 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@the_master_race said:

"Rockstar Games believes in reasonable fan creativity, and, in particular, wants creators to showcase their passion for our games. After discussions with Take-Two, Take-Two has agreed that it generally will not take legal action against third-party projects involving Rockstar’s PC games that are single-player, non-commercial, and respect the intellectual property (IP) rights of third parties. This does not apply to (i) multiplayer or online services; (ii) tools, files, libraries, or functions that could be used to impact multiplayer or online services, or (iii) use or importation of other IP (including other Rockstar IP) in the project. This is not a license, and it does not constitute endorsement, approval, or authorization of any third-party project. Take-Two reserves the right to object to any third-party project, or to revise, revoke and/or withdraw this statement at any time in their own discretion. This statement does not constitute a waiver of any rights that Take-Two may have with respect to third-party projects

An emotional speech.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1866 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

@mmmwksil: I finally unsubbed from Matpat after years. He jumped the shark a long time ago, then went all the way back around to jump over it again with "Ness is Sans"

I go with Gnoggin for my theories now.

@PikminWorld:I'll just leave this here...

Yeah, MatPat has lost it, which is sad because his "Are gamers killing the game industry?" vid is actually his best work.

Also, anyone else notice Gamespot took out the color switch? I cleaned out cookies on my computer and having seen their shade of white gives me a headache.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1867 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

@darkspineslayer:

Can't say he's jumped a shark for me, since that would require a shark in the first place.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1868  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Nier: Automata is so fucking Japanese that it hurts.

Giant robots: check.

Robots that can be piloted by characters: check.

Cringe-inducing dialogue: check.

Characters acting casual in ridiculous clothing: check.

Emphasis on characters' asses: check.

Stars a young woman in a skimpy outfit who wields a disproportionately large sword and is tasked with saving the world because that's the only plausible way to approach and resolve an apocalyptic situation: check.

All jokes aside, it is a fun game, and I'm having a blast. Love the world you get to explore, the music, and the combat.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#1869 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

113 hours later I finished Persona 5. Game was impeccable. Sad it's gone, but it was taking all of my gaming time so it's time to move on.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1870 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I respect him, he takes what he does seriously, but his voice gets on my tits now.

Oh I respect him, there is nothing about his work I particularly think is wrong. He's just not what I look for, he's very product review centric as far as I'm concerned, and because all his work is impressions and going over the menus, it's like a good chunk of his video is spent not really getting to what I care about, which is the game. But he has value, much in the same way that I want gameplay centric reviews, I can see people appreciating the fact that TB does focus so much on basic ass features every PC game should be able to deliver on, I think his general games discussion is no better or worse than anyone.

He's certainly more fucking interesting than say worth-a-buy, and while gggnmanlives can be entertaining, he's basically just doing the same type of game review as anyone else. So the nuance just isn't there like say a Turbo Button or Bunnyhop or what have you. And nowadays I'm more into the vid essay, than I am just replacing game reviewers with someone who just has more of a standard.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1871 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

TB would be a lot more tolerable if he didn't spend so much time jerking off the pc and raging over games not having 50 different motion blur options

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1873 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@the_master_race said:

The damage was done already. I'm expecting a very cheap GTAV soon.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#1874 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

So Yooka Laylee doesnt have a fucking vehicle designer?

Thought it was supposed to be some successor to the best banjo game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1875 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@nintendoboy16: It was moved to your settings page

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1876  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@metalslimenite: Will rock out to that (and other songs too) come February. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, I'll be catching the Foo Fighters on the 7th.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1877 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

So, I started Mass Effect: Andromeda last night and... I don't know. Feels less like ME, more like a flawed fusion of Metroid Prime 3 and Skyrim.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1878 mems_1224

hmm, cant decide if i want anything from the steam sale

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1879 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

There is a part in this video where he says something about Souls combat that I know Conan will appreciate lol

Loading Video...

He kinda shit all over the Dark Souls series and Bloodborne lol

It's a good video, I haven't played enough Souls series to weigh in but I'm sure he's right about the rolling and giving enemies unfair advantage by their weapons not bouncing off the walls, the latter gets so much on my nerve to the point that it can be frustrating.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1880  Edited By uninspiredcup

GOG got Homewold Cataclysm the other day, had to rename it because of Blizzard and their Nazi lawyers, even though it used the name first.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1881 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Got my ass kicked in Reflex but it's a ton of fun!

@jg4xchamp: @ConanTheStoner: You guys wanna play Reflex? I guess we might need one more player tho

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1882 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

GOG got Homewold Cataclysm the other day, had to rename it because of Blizzard and their Nazi lawyers, even though it used the name first.

Still missing source code, so unless they are remaking it, no remaster in sight =(

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1883 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@mjorh: You should try Toxikk. Basically free and also you can buy the game.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1884 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@PikminWorld: I never read reviews of BB until I saw the finale when it aired, and really, up until then, I wasn't even aware Skyler was this most hated female character on TV at the time.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1885 uninspiredcup

Never heard of this until about 10 minutes ago. Seems to be Golden Axe in a DnD skin, which is fine.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1886 illmatic87

@Desmonic said:

@metalslimenite: Will rock out to that (and other songs too) come February. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, I'll be catching the Foo Fighters on the 7th.

here is some real talent from musicians that you metaliica fans might like:

Loading Video...

S W A N G

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1887 illmatic87

@mems_1224 said:

hmm, cant decide if i want anything from the steam sale

Yeah same. I do have stuff in my cart, but here I am thinking either:

• There's probably going to be some complete or enhanced edition of the game later and cheaper
  • It's going to show up on the Humble Monthly or a Humble Store sale with an extra 10% off
  • The game is coming out with an iterative sequel
  • It's still in Early Access
  • I wont get around to playing it

I really wanted The Sexy Brutale and Planet Coaster, but they're only at 33% off. Night in the Woods isnt discounted and I wanted that too.

Might just get Metronomicon, Redout and Snake Pass. On the fence on Xanadu Next and DMC4: SE

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1888 Maroxad

@mmmwksil said:

@Maroxad:

To be fair, I don't watch MatPat because I buy into this "theories"... mostly. Some are hilariously outlandish and I have to say I agree with them. But it's for the showmanship he has when presenting them. Just an overall fun time.

Ahh... I found myself cringing constantly at his epistemology. Which is to say... how he got to his conclusions.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1889 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@Maroxad said:

Ahh... I found myself cringing constantly at his epistemology. Which is to say... how he got to his conclusions.

I guess it's yet another way we think differently. Since I don't put much stock in how he gets to them or what they are, the whole show is really just a weekly popcorn flick of 15-20 minutes.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1890 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@illmatic87: #Stereotypes? In MUH SYZTM WRZ!? NEVAH!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1891  Edited By uninspiredcup

Most of the beat em ups on Steam are sitting under £2.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1892  Edited By mems_1224

@illmatic87: yea, I wanted shadow tactics and civ but they're both pricey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1893 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

I love the way the health drops create this mini king of the hill moment in ARMS. It's so clever.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1894 FireEmblem_Man

@KHAndAnime This just happened

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1895 Maroxad

@jumpaction said:

I love the way the health drops create this mini king of the hill moment in ARMS. It's so clever.

Its a pretty brilliant system. It also creates a risk vs reward dynamic. Staying in that thing heals you, but if oyu are unwilling to move out of it, you are also much easier to hit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1896 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Maroxad: It was a clever idea to use the health and bombs to emphasize the 3D space in the game - and it creates those emergent moments of gameplay that add a new rhythm to a fight. It's so satisfying when you're inside the circle of influence and you catch your opponent with a throw, tossing them outside! :)

I'm starting to get a hang of the game. It's fun and I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves over time.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1898 illmatic87

Desmonic should be fired

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points