E3 Lounge: Where Dreams are destroyed and Directs are made! Now with Scorpions™ Live!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1951  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I really didn't like having that conversation in the Juub thread. It's not fun to hammer on games like that. :(

@uninspiredcup: Xenoverse looks really flashy though. I think if you want to live out the craziness of the show and aren't too worried about the depth of the mechanics, you'll probably have a fun time. It's like the Naruto games, right? They also look really stylish. May not have much substance to them but if you're simply looking for flashy combat that emulates the anime, then you won't be let down.

I think the new DBZ game is going to be aces though. It not only looks amazing visually but I bet it will have plenty of depth too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1952 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah, I'm glad I avoided posting in that thread. Three different times I had big posts in the works, once before it went to shite, and twice after people started confusing what a sandbox means in video games.

But I said nope, not getting pulled into this shit again lol.

I find that's my typical approach to most SW topics now. Just not worth the time and headache.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1953  Edited By ConanTheStoner

At least stuff like this was funny though.

I honestly don't see how BOTW is a better game overall than something like Witcher 3. To me, TW3 has a much better story and interesting characters

Video games.

Kinda weird how often people would bring up stuff like narrative and collectables in a conversation about gameplay and sandbox elements.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1954  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

@jumpaction said:

I really didn't like having that conversation in the Juub thread. It's not fun to hammer on games like that. :(

@uninspiredcup: Xenoverse looks really flashy though. I think if you want to live out the craziness of the show and aren't too worried about the depth of the mechanics, you'll probably have a fun time. It's like the Naruto games, right? They also look really stylish. May not have much substance to them but if you're simply looking for flashy combat that emulates the anime, then you won't be let down.

I think the new DBZ game is going to be aces though. It not only looks amazing visually but I bet it will have plenty of depth too.

Haven't played Naruto, but yea, Xenoverse is literally a theme park hub shared with fans of the show. Visually the fights 100% are absolutely in line with the show, even has that cool "phew" speed noise when they instantly move somewhere else. It seems the depth comes from around the fighting from grinding gear and skills, but the fighting itself is like someone taking a bucket of paint and throwing it at a wall.

I think it goes without saying the new game with have better fighting. It's too bad it probably won't have that hub idea around it. Although it will probably have the usual unlockables and stuff, but not quite the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1955 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@ConanTheStoner: I even said to myself "It's better I stay out of this one" but I just didn't and I regret it. :/

You all know that I have a difficult time in leaving a discussion when it's headed nowhere. I end up getting to emotionally invested.

Also, it's been a while but hi Cony. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1956 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@uninspiredcup: it would be lovely to blend the two but at least more options exist. Those looking for a deep game can enjoy the new title and those looking to indulge in the fan service have Xenoverse. :)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1957 ConanTheStoner

@jumpaction said:

@ConanTheStoner: I even said to myself "It's better I stay out of this one" but I just didn't and I regret it. :/

You all know that I have a difficult time in leaving a discussion when it's headed nowhere. I end up getting to emotionally invested.

Also, it's been a while but hi Cony. :)

Herro. :D

Yeah, I check the board about every day, but haven't been posting nearly as much as I used to. Honestly, if it weren't for the lounge, I doubt I'd visit this board much at all.

But sure, you've just gotta pick your battles/discussions. Otherwise you end up being dragged into the dumbest shit and it can go on for days lol. And I'm one of those people who just has to have the last word, so I'd rather just skip it altogether these days.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1958 uninspiredcup

@jumpaction said:

@uninspiredcup: it would be lovely to blend the two but at least more options exist. Those looking for a deep game can enjoy the new title and those looking to indulge in the fan service have Xenoverse. :)

Guilty Gear had a hub/lobby thing though it wasn't really the same.

The only thing that annoys me about most Dragonball games is that they generally don't use the Japanese orchestral soundtrack, looks to be the same with the new game. Interestingly enough though it seems Xenoverse 2 is using the English voice actors for characters because they have been implemented in the the English dub of the show itself, since obviously the English version is behind the Japanese run by quite some length.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1959 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@ConanTheStoner: I could learn from you there. :/

Actually I've been in quite the rut lately. I feel a change needs to happen. I've hit a point of discomfort that I'm not pleased to be in. I'm going to try something different on this week and see how it goes. That thread - let's call it a false start. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1960 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@uninspiredcup: I wonder why they decide to change the soundtrack for the games when the visuals, for example are so meticulous in emulating the anime.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1961  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jumpaction said:

@uninspiredcup: I wonder why they decide to change the soundtrack for the games when the visuals, for example are so meticulous in emulating the anime.

I donno, know jack shit about music. To me though it's much better than the generic rock music, although no idea how that would actually translate to a game.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1962 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@uninspiredcup: It would be cook to see. Maybe they tried it and they didn't feel it fitted the gameplay? Who knows.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1963  Edited By uninspiredcup

Bruce Faulconer tracks (the guy who done the English music) was pretty good as well, it's probably the one main thing that set it apart from the original Japanese version. I believe his music was used in Gameboy game if memory serves.

Loading Video...

Ignoring Dragonball it's sort of the same problem with the Guilty Gear games, Street Fighter has memorable tracks, literally almost every stage can stick in your head, Guilty Gear has interchangeable rock music.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1965  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@uninspiredcup: I know exactly how you feel. The Street Fighter tunes have a personality of their own and they often accommodate the stages they are played in.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1966  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jumpaction said:

@uninspiredcup: I know exactly how you feel. The Street Fighter tunes have a personality of their own and they often accommodate the stages they are played in.

Even if Street Fighter II didn't get sequels you could probably still remember them off by heart. Ryu/Ken/Guile stages anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1967 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@uninspiredcup: Oh definitely! I think everyone remembers the melody to Suzaku Castle.

It's interesting because Guilty Gears is a series with characters full of personality. It would be cool to have themed music to match the stages and characters.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1968  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jumpaction said:

@uninspiredcup: Oh definitely! I think everyone remembers the melody to Suzaku Castle.

It's interesting because Guilty Gears is a series with characters full of personality. It would be cool to have themed music to match the stages and characters.

Yea. I love the contrast between Akuma and Gouken themes in IV, one's aggressive, the other passive. You don't need to bother watching cutscenes or reading up on them to get that they are linked or what they are about. Although the I'm sure the fact he a red eyed face of a demon probably helps as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1969 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@uninspiredcup: Yeah. Akuma is clearly the good guy...

I'm joking, of course. :)

Yes. It's great that they can use something like the music to not only make a relation between two characters but show how those personalities differ. Fighting games typically have very exaggerated character traits. It would be nice if the music complimented that more often.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1970 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
Loading Video...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1971 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23876 Posts

@the_master_race said:
Loading Video...

Nice to see the Fire Emblem Switch footage got leaked. Not sure I am liking what I see though.

KMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1972 KMP
Member since 2017 • 380 Posts

Man, Jump really missed the heyday of bigass posts

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1973 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Anyone play slime rancher? How is it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1974  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@kmp: I'm just a babe in this wide wide world.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#1976 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

With Persona 5 done I can finally go back to my old self. Life is good.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1977 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

@zassimick:

There is life before Persona 5, and life after Persona 5.

I can never go back.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1978 zassimick  Moderator

@mmmwksil: I'm more talking my original sig and avy. Cause no, now there's a void and sadness that comes from leaving characters you enjoy, so that isn't back to my old self. :P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1979 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

GTA5 is legen....mother fucker wut?

It's good, I'm not quite boberto territory of complaining about that game, but **** that game has as much filler as anything. Without the benefit of actually letting you play as you see fit. At its best, at its best, if you cut out the filler, it be a fun romp of missions that are at least distinct from each other with a shallow core. Nothing more, nothing less. Which is all you can get from Rockstar, at their best.

But I'm sure the defense is it sold a ton, and look at how many people like its boring ass online. Even the mp is a mindless fucking chore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1980  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@jg4xchamp: My posts make it sound like I hate the game but I did have fun playing it.

Not a game I ever feel like revisiting though.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1981 jg4xchamp

@jumpaction said:

@jg4xchamp: My posts make it sound like I hate the game but I did have fun playing it.

Not a game I ever feel like revisiting though.

**** that, bury that game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1982 ConanTheStoner

Kind of a bummer that the new Marvel vs Capcom won't be using CFN (Capcom Fighters Network).

That's probably the coolest aspect of SFV that goes unnoticed. The comprehensive stat tracking is really nice, but it's really the spectator type stuff that I wish every other fighting game would include. Being able to filter and add any player to your favorites, with a real-time updated list of who they're playing is some cool shit. You can track their profiles and watch replays of any match they played, be it ranked, casuals, or battle lounge.

Watching higher level play just to learn, or just for entertainment, all within the game itself, it's a great feature.

I really hope Marvel has something similar at least.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1983  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@jg4xchamp: Hahaha.

There was a very distinct memory when I was playing the Epsilon side missions that I said to myself "Why am I doing this?". As soon as I ask that when I am playing a game, the enchantment of playing the game is lost completely.

The worst video game quest ever?

The goal? Run 5 miles in the desert.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1984 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@jg4xchamp: JA is too soft and kind to bury the games, it's kinda cute that he feels guilty after criticizing one *chuckles*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1985 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@mjorh: Cute? Me? Nevers!

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1986 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

@zassimick:

Ahh. When I finally settled on my sig/avy, I chose then never to switch it up.

Won't lie, it's always tempting to switch it up with whatever game I'm into.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1987  Edited By jg4xchamp

@jumpaction said:

@kmp: I'm just a babe in this wide wide world.

also even bobberto wasn't around for the heyday of big ass posts, those thread hijacks from frozenliquid n skrat made my posts look like twitter posts.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1988  Edited By zassimick  Moderator

@mmmwksil: Pretty much how I've been with this Cyborg sig, but when P5 was released char was talking about a new signature and I mentioned the Rick/Persona crossover idea and he urged me to go ahead with it. Said I wouldn't change it till I was done with the game then. :P

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#1989  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Gamespot had these regional forums. I really missed it. It's where majority of my posts to this day are at. Unfortunately, that's the place where I met foolz3h.

There was this spit between skrat and biggest_loser over in that place that went for 4 pages of posts that were nearing the word limit.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1990 jg4xchamp

Towers is rad, I mean he's fucking insane, but he's rad.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1991  Edited By Maroxad

@jg4xchamp said:

GTA5 is legen....mother fucker wut?

It's good, I'm not quite boberto territory of complaining about that game, but **** that game has as much filler as anything. Without the benefit of actually letting you play as you see fit. At its best, at its best, if you cut out the filler, it be a fun romp of missions that are at least distinct from each other with a shallow core. Nothing more, nothing less. Which is all you can get from Rockstar, at their best.

But I'm sure the defense is it sold a ton, and look at how many people like its boring ass online. Even the mp is a mindless fucking chore.

Sums up Rockstar pretty well.

They confuse diversions with sandbox gameplay. And just seem to be as hellbent on filling their game with as much filler as possible (bowling with your cousin). They can make varied and interesting missions when they want to. But their mechanics are absolute jank. And it really shows, their best game to date is Vice City which had amazing mission design. On the contrary, GTA 4 lacked any good mission design, and that game was absolute ass.

On the topic of sandboxes though, have you ever played Dwarf Fortress @jumpaction?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1992 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I just realized this.

As far as I know, the best selling Asian game of 2017 is actually PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (unless RE7 sold additional 500k in last two months)

Insane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1993  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Maroxad: No but I Googled it after you mentioned it before and it looks and sounds wild! I want to try it. Those graphics are adorable. The little protagonist. Bless him. It's so crude and cute.

@jg4xchamp: I never met those guys. :( Was it good reading too? I'm not reading paragraphs on how GTA's mechanics are apparently great. Great he says! :O

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1994  Edited By Maroxad

@jumpaction said:

@Maroxad: No but I Googled it after you mentioned it before and it looks and sounds wild! I want to try it. Those graphics are adorable. The little protagonist. Bless him. It's so crude and cute.

@jg4xchamp: I never met those guys. :( Was it good reading too? I'm not reading paragraphs on how GTA's mechanics are apparently great. Great he says! :O

Skrat was a great poster, it was from him I helped further refine my tastes with, I never knew of games like Dwarf Fortress or Jagged Alliance 2 before him. FrozenLiquid occationally posts here, but nowhere near as active as he used to be.

Dwarf Fortress is great, it went on to inspire MineCraft, but a simulation/management game instead of an action/adventure game. Its physics and mechanics are more indepth than any other game. Even going as far as to apply thermodynamics. Manage a settlement of dwarves. If it is too complex, RimWorld is a fairly good replacement, but not quite as indepth and lacking a Z layer. Hardcore SK does add a lot of missing depth however.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1995  Edited By illmatic87

Frozenliquid is probably the earliest poster I can remember to dabble around destroying videogame stories and gamer culture at every corner. I never actually discussed games much with him, it was always sports talk.

Skrat was generally more stoic when arguing with someone. Really chill. Probably one of the rare PC gamers back then that wernt douchey. I still talk to him on steam every so often since we play similar games.

Personal favourite lengthy poster was jethrovegas, particularly when he was posting under the influence of coke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1996  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Maroxad: Oh hang on it's free? I'll try it out shortly! I am about to move on to my next batch of games so I'll include it as part of my next set of games.

@illmatic87: He sounds amazing. <3

Ugh suddenly Champ is, like, yucky. I need to double down on a better man.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1997 illmatic87

I think I like Dwarf Fortress more as an emergent generator than I like it as a game.

It's the same way I feel about Stellaris.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1998 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I remember FrozenLiquid, not so much Skrat

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1999 Maroxad

@jumpaction said:

@Maroxad: Oh hang on it's free? I'll try it out shortly! I am about to move on to my next batch of games so I'll include it as part of my next set of games.

Yup, both of Toady's games are free.

With Dwarf Fortress, I recommend the Lazy Newb Pack. As it adds actual sprite graphics to the game (a move of from the ASCII).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2000  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Maroxad: Good shout! Not that the ASCII symbols don't look absolutely charming but I think I should start off somewhere more familiar. :)