Do you actually believe this Phil Spencer nonsense?

KingsTableWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you actually believe this Phil Spencer nonsense? (140 votes)

Yes he turned things around 61%
No he's a fake 39%

So Phil Spencer is credited for multiple things, including making Xbox better, and turning it around, to being for the gamer and such. Except this is BS and let me tell you why.

Due to multiple backfires, Xbox studios put a lot of blame on Don Mattrick. Who is incorrectly associated with some of the decisions that let to those backfires, and then carted him off. Replacing him with Spencer doing things opposite of what were considered "mistakes" and getting the people to believe he's changing the face of the company.

Don Mattrick was in charge of the whole department as a whole, however he was not the only decsion maker in the company. Mattrick is actually the man who started the 360 off. The decision to shrink down in risks, and to implement Kinect had nothing to do with Mattrick. he was there, and he approved the plans because of not only pressure, but because a good deal of people in the upper management were for it.

Look at the design of the Xbox One, not one of those were Mattricks idea. Yes he said a few dumb things, but if you watch his statements and interviews around the box One launch, and then before that you will see such an amazing contrast you would have to be blind not to notice it.

Mattrick is the one that pushed for the Indies, that was abandoned, pushed for partnerships and original ip, which for awhile they abandoned, pushed for integration, which was crippled. DRM policy, used games, features and console design of the Xbox one, Mattrick didn't lay a finger.

Phil however was involved with quite a few of these decisions, and so where a few others.

Phil Spencer is not the one that turned Xbox around, the staff that was there that weren't 100% suits, and some new people who came in when the restructuring happened are what turned Xbox around. Phil Spencer was just placed in the spot of Mattrick when all this was ALREADY going on giving Phil Spencer an image of being some kind of hero, when he has no idea what's actually happening most of the time. He still shows up during improvements to gain credit, but notice in some of his interviews and statements to fans he fumbles on a few issues.

It's all a big lie heck mattrick didn't even put in the guy who made Kinect, that was proposed by other people as well, whether you like Kinect or not, Mattrick had nothing to do with that either.

• 
davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#201 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@kingstablewar said:

@davem1992: I doubt you would actually knife yourself.

Of course I wouldn't, I may hate their guts but not so much that I'd do something that daft.

Why would you hate someone simply for the platform they prefer?

cause they do nothing but bash the others and then call genres irrelevant when they don't get them.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Until i hear announcements regarding Scalebound on PC, i won't believe a word Phil Spencer says.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

One of the best threads of 2015

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@kingstablewar said:

Of course I wouldn't, I may hate their guts but not so much that I'd do something that daft.

cause they do nothing but bash the others and then call genres irrelevant when they don't get them.

That describes like every fanboy

But i don't see why that would make you "hate their guts"

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 davem1992

@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@kingstablewar said:

Simple, they annoy me more and I don't like them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@kingstablewar said:

You're an idiot. Like all fanboys are. You're no different than the usual Cowturd who regurgitate the same turd outta their mouths.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 lostrib

@davem1992 said:
@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@lostrib said:

If all the factions do the same thing that causes you to hate one, then how do lems annoy you more?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By davem1992

@KingsofQueens said:
@davem1992 said:
@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:
@kingstablewar said:

You're an idiot. Like all fanboys are. You're no different than the usual Cowturd who regurgitate the same turd outta their mouths.

-yawns- I assume you're calling me a Sony fanboy just because I hate Xbox fanboys more -is playing TWEWY at this very moment-

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 davem1992

@lostrib: They're the most annoying of the bunch.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 lostrib

@davem1992 said:
@KingsofQueens said:
@davem1992 said:

-yawns- I assume you're calling me a Sony fanboy just because I hate Xbox fanboys more -is playing TWEWY at this very moment-

...Being a fanboy doesn't prevent you from owning other systems or playing other games

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 lostrib

@davem1992 said:

If they're all doing the same thing, how are lems the most annoying?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 davem1992

@lostrib: lol fanboy of what though?

I don't mind being a Nintendo fanboy

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 davem1992

@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:

cause they annoy me the most, hense why I hate them the most and deem them the most annoying and the worst of the bunch.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#214  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

@lostrib: I'll take the Lems of this gen, over Cows and the Sheep of The Conduit era. Ugggh....

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@lostrib said:
@davem1992 said:

Not admitting DX12 and the Cloud wont make up for the upwards of 40% more power the PS4 enjoys over the X1. Straight out jealousy, then you add in sales and you have a volatile concoction of hurt, fear, some regret and bitterness that doesn't do a thing for anybody.

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

Working in marketing for too long has made me cynical and skeptical, so I'm not sure I buy the Phil Spencer persona 100%. The power a marketing department like the one MS wields is considerable, and I think they've done an excellent job of turning things around. That they've backed up the messaging with some tangible wins helps lend legitamacy to Spencer.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@davem1992 said:

I think you're testament to cows being the most obnoxious fanbase here on SW.

If you weren't so insecure over lems making fun of your weeaboo games you wouldn't be so aggressive.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#219  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Oh god here we go again with dave's never ending "lem" bullshit... Give it a rest, you're easily the most annoying person on this forum.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#220  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@davem1992: I'd definitely consider Sony fanboys to be the worst myself. They are the most vocal and arrogant of the bunch. Having said that, I much prefer Sony consoles over Microsofts consoles.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 davem1992

@Pikminmaniac said:

@davem1992: I'd definitely consider Sony fanboys to be the worst myself. They are the most vocal and arrogant of the bunch. Having said that, I much prefer Sony consoles over Microsofts consoles.

I don't agree.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 davem1992

@nyadc said:

Oh god here we go again with dave's never ending "lem" bullshit... Give it a rest, you're easily the most annoying person on this forum.

Tell me more predictions oh wise one, wanna know what will not be happening in the industry.

OH OH predict that PS4 will be outsold this month again and that RoTR will never come to PS4, oh better yet predict that SFV will come to Xbox One when it was confirmed it won't.

You lot are the most annoying people on this site.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 davem1992

@skelly34 said:
@davem1992 said:

I think you're testament to cows being the most obnoxious fanbase here on SW.

If you weren't so insecure over lems making fun of your weeaboo games you wouldn't be so aggressive.

I think you're a testament to lems being the most moronic and delusional fanbase here on SW.

If you weren't so insecure over cows making fun of your smug faced messiah you wouldn't be so annoying.

-is called a cow but hasn't used his PS systems in.....oh wait used it for the SFV beta last night-

Avatar image for deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
Member since 2015 • 745 Posts

I believe that he is a PR mouthpiece, nothing more nothing less. Its kind of disgusting how xbox fanboys eat his shit up with a smile and repeat any nonsense MS is spouting like parrots.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 davem1992

@nyadc said:

Also I dropped it, you losers keep replying to my comments and bring me back here.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

@davem1992 said:

What's worse than Xbox fanboys?

Playstation fanboys, Sony Defence Force, Cows, they've had many names over the years.

Probably goes like Cows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lems > apple fanboys > Herms >> Sheep. I'll give credit to Sheep, they don't even take the opportunity to act like fanboys when the opportunity usually presents itself.

A few years ago, I would have thrown in MGS and Final Fantasy fanyboys. But once the games stopped being exclusive, it was clear they were just cows. Partly because three quarters of them ceased to exist lol.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

Blah blah blah, waa waa waa, blah blah blah. Face it, fanboy, you were wrong. You just admitted I was right, and now you are trying to slant the subject to save face.

BTW, when the PS3 "slim" came out, it started outselling the 360 in NA. MS reversed the trend, so you are wrong even in your deflection.

Cows...

No i am not and you are a bigger one.

Yes because the Slim PS3 also brought $100 dollar price drop,so for a small time the PS3 sold better and then it was 360 back on top again.

Again the xbox one is not the xbox 360 it has a barrage of price drops and freebies and is barely doing like the 360 was on its first 2 years when the xbox 360 didn't enjoy huge price cuts and hot new games given free MS even charged you for accessing netflix..hahahahaa

YOU ARE A TOTAL FANBOY!!!!

All you do is bash the Xbox One. You never give MS credit for anything, you act as though you know better than industry experts when they give MS credit, and you jizz yourself when any positive news comes out for Sony - regardless of how trivial. You are the very definition of "fanboy". Why do you think so many people respond to your posts? Because you are popular? They like you? No! They respond to your posts because you are an asshat fanboy, and you give gamers a bad name.

Like right now - you cannot admit that the 360 was just the preferred console, like the PS2 was the generation before. You cannot do it - your udders get all inflamed at the very notion.

You are a worthless POS fanboy, dude. You've lost any credibility you might ever have had. I only reply to your fanboy posts because you seem to get bent out of shape when I call you what you are, and that makes me laugh.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 davem1992

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davem1992 said:

Playstation fanboys, Sony Defence Force, Cows, they've had many names over the years.

Probably goes like Cows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lems > apple fanboys > Herms >> Sheep. I'll give credit to Sheep, they don't even take the opportunity to act like fanboys when the opportunity usually presents itself.

A few years ago, I would have thrown in MGS and Final Fantasy fanyboys. But once the games stopped being exclusive, it was clear they were just cows. Partly because three quarters of them ceased to exist lol.

lol no.

Lems >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cows > the rest

Lems are easily the worst thing to happen to gaming.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

From my time in SW...I'd have to say lems are the more annoying. Any criticism of an MS policy is met with cries of cow. It's like they don't understand how a problem with MS has nothing to do with Sony.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@davem1992 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davem1992 said:

lol no.

lol Xbox 360s milking business model was the worst thing to happen to gaming. They ruined consoles.

But the Cows, they're the king of Fanboys. Cows give Playstation a bad name.

Everyone else knows when to quit. While the cows are doing weird shit like creating websites, petitioning developers and probably issuing death threats or some such nonsense. Everyone remember when DMC and FF went multiplat. They were maaaaad.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By davem1992

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davem1992 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davem1992 said:

lol no.

lol Xbox 360s milking business model was the worst thing to happen to gaming. They ruined consoles.

But the Cows, they're the king of Fanboys. Everyone else knows when to quit. Cows give Playstation a bad name.

Nope, lems the easily the worst.

Writing off genres as "weeaboo garbage" because they don't get them is pathetic and easily makes them the worst in my eyes, hate them.

Also the very things they whine about cows doing, they did themselves all last gen.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

All you do is bash the Xbox One. You never give MS credit for anything, you act as though you know better than industry experts when they give MS credit, and you jizz yourself when any positive news comes out for Sony - regardless of how trivial. You are the very definition of "fanboy". Why do you think so many people respond to your posts? Because you are popular? They like you? No! They respond to your posts because you are an asshat fanboy, and you give gamers a bad name.

Like right now - you cannot admit that the 360 was just the preferred console, like the PS2 was the generation before. You cannot do it - your udders get all inflamed at the very notion.

You are a worthless POS fanboy, dude. You've lost any credibility you might ever have had. I only reply to your fanboy posts because you seem to get bent out of shape when I call you what you are, and that makes me laugh.

Dude don't compare the PS2 with the 360 the PS2 beat the xbox 360 on the first 2 years of life,the PS2 wasn't beat by other older console behind it it was an instant success and make other players look like utter shit.

The xbox 360 was cheaper and started first and had a cheaper option all generation long and still has.

The xbox one is $50 less now but the preferred console is the PS4 because of obvious reasons,and the only reason MS has manage to stay close in US is because of the huge price cuts and freebies period something the xbox 360 didn't enjoy the xbox 360 didn't lose $150 from its price in less tahn 2 years and didn't come with 2 free games nor gaved,Ghost Recon,Oblivion,Saints row,and many more free dude.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#234 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@davem1992: This is System Wars, not fanboy wars!

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 davem1992

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Fanboys are allocated to a system, I can insult the fanboys and the system (though unlike what the lems want to believe, I actually enjoy my Xbox One, just hate them)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 HalcyonScarlet
@davem1992 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Fanboys are allocated to a system, I can insult the fanboys and the system (though unlike what the lems want to believe, I actually enjoy my Xbox One, just hate them)

I used to be a lem and I don't even like the Xbox One. I had to work hard to make excuses for that thing. Situation went from bad to worse.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 davem1992

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davem1992 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I used to be a lem and I don't even like the Xbox One. I had to work hard to make excuses for that thing. Situation went from bad to worse.

I get called a cow just because I don't side with lems, hell you'd be shocked by how little I actually use my PS4.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Phil Spencer is a genuine guy and a real gamer unlike the fake Sony suits

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

Dude don't compare the PS2 with the 360 the PS2 beat the xbox 360 on the first 2 years of life,the PS2 wasn't beat by other older console behind it it was an instant success and make other players look like utter shit.

The xbox 360 was cheaper and started first and had a cheaper option all generation long and still has.

The xbox one is $50 less now but the preferred console is the PS4 because of obvious reasons,and the only reason MS has manage to stay close in US is because of the huge price cuts and freebies period something the xbox 360 didn't enjoy the xbox 360 didn't lose $150 from its price in less tahn 2 years and didn't come with 2 free games nor gaved,Ghost Recon,Oblivion,Saints row,and many more free dude.

LOL! Fanboy to the end. The PS3 and 360 were the same price for quite some time.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@StormyJoe Hey StormyJoke, say Xbone.

@Scipio8 said:

Phil Spencer is a genuine guy and a real gamer unlike the fake Sony suits

Hahaha Insipid8 wrong again.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davem1992 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I get called a cow just because I don't side with lems, hell you'd be shocked by how little I actually use my PS4.

Well the PS4 has no games so not surprising.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By davem1992

@RR360DD said:
@davem1992 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davem1992 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Well the PS4 has no games so not surprising.

-looks at his 10 PS4 games vs his 4 Xbox One games- Nope, sorry you failed lem.

RocknSock1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 RocknSock1
Member since 2015 • 51 Posts

Yes, I like Uncle Phil, but if could just be because he's a massive improvement over Mattrick

Avatar image for strobelitebunny
StrobeliteBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 StrobeliteBunny
Member since 2015 • 92 Posts

Wasn't Open-ended Windows 10, BC, aggressive updates, region open account system, unbundle Kinect, more FP, all Phil?

Even if the allegations are true, which they are not, then Phil has done more than anybody else for Xbox in a short amount of time with the exception of the people behind the first 2 years of the original Xbox.

Phil Spencer even was involved in increasing Windows Phone relevance and is helping head the flagship Windows 10 mobile. Which Windows 10 btw, will be on Xbox One soon with unique features.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@strobelitebunny said:

Wasn't Open-ended Windows 10, BC, aggressive updates, region open account system, unbundle Kinect, more FP, all Phil?

Even if the allegations are true, which they are not, then Phil has done more than anybody else for Xbox in a short amount of time with the exception of the people behind the first 2 years of the original Xbox.

Phil Spencer even was involved in increasing Windows Phone relevance and is helping head the flagship Windows 10 mobile. Which Windows 10 btw, will be on Xbox One soon with unique features.

Basically this.. Coming from a neutral pc gamer perspective (I don't know own any of the current gen consoles, nor do I lean towards a single company in favorability), he seems to have finally taken a few pages from developers like Valve in that you can make money by giving back to the consumer instead of the constant piecemealing and taking.. That is all I have seen this current gen in which consoles cut numerous features and piecemealed it back to the consumer.. To me Backwards compatability was one of the largest features that were omitted on these new systems that I found baffling.. It's 2015, these systems should not have less features than the systems of last gen, yet they do.. I play a system for ENJOYMENT.. And that enjoyment doesn't hinge on how new a game is..

Nor was it acceptable at release that the PSN and 360 arcade titles would be barred from your use on a new system.. I wasn't fucking aware that there needed to be a major overhaul in playing Doom for instance from the 360 to the One.. Or Castle Crashers on the PS3 to PS4.. This kind of bullshit, is just that, unacceptable bullshit in this age. This would be like me buying a new bluray player, only to find it can't play the old dvd's I have had for years prior to it..