Do you actually believe this Phil Spencer nonsense?

KingsTableWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you actually believe this Phil Spencer nonsense? (140 votes)

Yes he turned things around 61%
No he's a fake 39%

So Phil Spencer is credited for multiple things, including making Xbox better, and turning it around, to being for the gamer and such. Except this is BS and let me tell you why.

Due to multiple backfires, Xbox studios put a lot of blame on Don Mattrick. Who is incorrectly associated with some of the decisions that let to those backfires, and then carted him off. Replacing him with Spencer doing things opposite of what were considered "mistakes" and getting the people to believe he's changing the face of the company.

Don Mattrick was in charge of the whole department as a whole, however he was not the only decsion maker in the company. Mattrick is actually the man who started the 360 off. The decision to shrink down in risks, and to implement Kinect had nothing to do with Mattrick. he was there, and he approved the plans because of not only pressure, but because a good deal of people in the upper management were for it.

Look at the design of the Xbox One, not one of those were Mattricks idea. Yes he said a few dumb things, but if you watch his statements and interviews around the box One launch, and then before that you will see such an amazing contrast you would have to be blind not to notice it.

Mattrick is the one that pushed for the Indies, that was abandoned, pushed for partnerships and original ip, which for awhile they abandoned, pushed for integration, which was crippled. DRM policy, used games, features and console design of the Xbox one, Mattrick didn't lay a finger.

Phil however was involved with quite a few of these decisions, and so where a few others.

Phil Spencer is not the one that turned Xbox around, the staff that was there that weren't 100% suits, and some new people who came in when the restructuring happened are what turned Xbox around. Phil Spencer was just placed in the spot of Mattrick when all this was ALREADY going on giving Phil Spencer an image of being some kind of hero, when he has no idea what's actually happening most of the time. He still shows up during improvements to gain credit, but notice in some of his interviews and statements to fans he fumbles on a few issues.

It's all a big lie heck mattrick didn't even put in the guy who made Kinect, that was proposed by other people as well, whether you like Kinect or not, Mattrick had nothing to do with that either.

• 
davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#151 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@oflow said:

@davem1992: cmon bro that's like me saying I'm not an Xbox fan lol

Why would faceless fanboys that don't affect my personal life anger me?

Just because I hate you lot doesn't mean I'm angry.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

OK, fanboy.

The 360 did just fine while being outsold by the PS3 in EU and Japan.

The 360 did fine because the xbox 360 started first and was considerable cheaper since the start,by the time the PS3 arrive MS had several games in lock.

The xbox one is not under the same parameters no matter how much you want to pretend it is.

Oh, bullshit super cow. The 360 outsold the PS3 in NA pretty much every month for the final 2 1/2 years of last gen.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

@davem1992: I have to say, you are one of the angrier people on here. You certainly take anything Microsoft does very personally.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 davem1992

@john_of_rivia said:

@davem1992: I have to say, you are one of the angrier people on here. You certainly take anything Microsoft does very personally.

Nope, I don't mind MS but I hate their fanboys with a passion.

Can't stand Spencer either.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#155 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@davem1992: I wasn't talking about you being angry I was talking about you being a Sony fanboy.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 davem1992

@oflow said:

@davem1992: I wasn't talking about you being angry I was talking about you being a Sony fanboy.

Give me proof as to how I am, I mean I haven't used my PS systems for over a month, used my Xbox One just last night for some Rare Replay and am playing through Xenoblade Chronicles on WiiU at this very moment.

Why is it if you don't sing MS' praises that you're instantly a Sony fanboy, lems are the worst.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#157  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@davem1992: lol do you even read the stuff you write on this site? Look in the mirror bro you are like one of the biggest Sony fanboys on this site. doesnt matter if you have other systems I do too.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 John_of_Rivia

@davem1992: your posts really seem to indicate otherwise. Especially your reactions to tomb raider.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 davem1992

@oflow: So as usual you lems will ignore the fact that I've not used my PS4 in over a month.

I know this might be hard for your brains to register but I don't hate MS or the Xbox brand, I hate you lot and I'll side with the Sony fanboys 10x over before I side with you.

Frankly I think the PS4 is a pile of shit until next year whilst the Xbox One is just ok, try again lemming.

I'm off to play some World Ends With You (DS JRPG btw, more non-Sony games)

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 davem1992

@john_of_rivia said:

@davem1992: your posts really seem to indicate otherwise. Especially your reactions to tomb raider.

I don't like fanbases getting screwed over cause MS can't make their own clone.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 John_of_Rivia

@davem1992: But that's just it: no ones being screwed over. Maybe inconvenienced, but not screwed. At least you'll get the game polished and what not. Being screwed over is what's happening with Street fighter 5.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 davem1992

@john_of_rivia said:

@davem1992: But that's just it: no ones being screwed over. Maybe inconvenienced, but not screwed. At least you'll get the game polished and what not. Being screwed over is what's happening with Street fighter 5.

Yeah they're not getting screwed over, I mean lems entirely spoiling the plot online won't happen at all.

Nah, they are getting getting screwed over, I'll be buying it early on Xbox One.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Until Phil apologizes for the DRM rather than the messaging, I'm not buying it. He also cut the checks for the NFL content deal, although I can contend that he was likely acting under direction from that dbag that got axed at the time. XBox has a long way to go before everything is cool with the gamers again. Phil is a nice change, but more can be done.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#164 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@davem1992 said:

@oflow: So as usual you lems will ignore the fact that I've not used my PS4 in over a month.

I know this might be hard for your brains to register but I don't hate MS or the Xbox brand, I hate you lot and I'll side with the Sony fanboys 10x over before I side with you.

Frankly I think the PS4 is a pile of shit until next year whilst the Xbox One is just ok, try again lemming.

Listen, I'm usually the type that doesn't have too much of a problem with people speaking their minds here, but you really need to get over the hate crap. System Wars is a bit of a rough and tumble kind of place and I don't mind a little roughhousing here and there but the word HATE especially towards and individual or group really of annoys me. This is all in fun, don't screw it up. comprende?

Hate people somewhere else, don't do it here.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 davem1992

@heretrix said:
@davem1992 said:

Listen, I'm usually the type that doesn't have too much of a problem with people speaking their minds here, but you really need to get over the hate crap. System Wars is a bit of a rough and tumble kind of place and I don't mind a little roughhousing here and there but the word HATE especially towards and individual or group really of annoys me. This is all in fun, don't screw it up. comprende?

Really because I'm having fun, isn't that the point?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#166 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@jsmoke03: So my point was made then. I never denied every fanboy was bad, I just refuted his claim lems are worst. Also, go search this forums 2013. I never advocated DRM

Spare me your "just be a gamer and not some blind blah blah" What fucking forum are you in? Part of the FUN (as in its not serious, but fun to do) is have a stake in this instead of pretending not to because your too much of a pussy on the sidelines preaching

i didnt say you as an individual, i meant you fanboys as in a group as a whole. there is no worse than when it comes to being a fanboy, its just different poisons but are still poison.

so just because im in system wars, i'm supposed to be a troll and act like an idiot? i dont find that fun even if its pretend.if you like posting memes about jelly and butt hurt and accuse ppl of being hypocretes, go on ahead.... but there is no stake. i'm not all of a sudden going to have some immense satisfaction in pretending to be a fanboy cuz i'm not.

should i really pick a side that i dont really have a loyalty too? i came in to system wars at the tail end of what i thought were actual intelligent conversation. system wars was soo informative and i learned soo much about gaming reading arguments and reading posts about news that wasnt even being covered by gs. now its reduced to this.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Oh, bullshit super cow. The 360 outsold the PS3 in NA pretty much every month for the final 2 1/2 years of last gen.

Yes because the tendency to buy a 360 was there in fact the 360 still sell better on US than the PS3 that tendency hasn't change,regardless of the PS4 beating the xbox one.

They are not under the same parameters or close.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#168 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:
@cainetao11 said:

@jsmoke03: So my point was made then. I never denied every fanboy was bad, I just refuted his claim lems are worst. Also, go search this forums 2013. I never advocated DRM

Spare me your "just be a gamer and not some blind blah blah" What fucking forum are you in? Part of the FUN (as in its not serious, but fun to do) is have a stake in this instead of pretending not to because your too much of a pussy on the sidelines preaching

i didnt say you as an individual, i meant you fanboys as in a group as a whole. there is no worse than when it comes to being a fanboy, its just different poisons but are still poison.

so just because im in system wars, i'm supposed to be a troll and act like an idiot? i dont find that fun even if its pretend.if you like posting memes about jelly and butt hurt and accuse ppl of being hypocretes, go on ahead.... but there is no stake. i'm not all of a sudden going to have some immense satisfaction in pretending to be a fanboy cuz i'm not.

should i really pick a side that i dont really have a loyalty too? i came in to system wars at the tail end of what i thought were actual intelligent conversation. system wars was soo informative and i learned soo much about gaming reading arguments and reading posts about news that wasnt even being covered by gs. now its reduced to this.

Not at all dude. I was just fishing for some fun argumentative back and forth when I posted that. All in fun.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

Yes because the tendency to buy a 360 was there in fact the 360 still sell better on US than the PS3 that tendency hasn't change,regardless of the PS4 beating the xbox one.

They are not under the same parameters or close.

Blah blah blah, waa waa waa, blah blah blah. Face it, fanboy, you were wrong. You just admitted I was right, and now you are trying to slant the subject to save face.

BTW, when the PS3 "slim" came out, it started outselling the 360 in NA. MS reversed the trend, so you are wrong even in your deflection.

Cows...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#170 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@tushar172787 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

@Bruin1986: With all the other factions being about the same, lemmings have really been pathetic in general, ever since Microsoft's 180 before the Xbox One release. And add in its weaker capability compared to the PS4, and you see lemmings doing another 180 in their stance about power and the quality of multiplats. Suddenly it's a-ok to be play worst versions of multiplats, and lower res suddenly doesn't matter this gen, unlike the last.

They're easily the biggest victims this gen too, the way they whine about reviews and GS polls etc. "waah, the cows don't like us so they're sabotaging the poll results, waah!".

this goes both ways... cows didn't care about multiplats last gen and the gen before... why now/

Cows have always been window-lickers. Now lemmings are just as shameful.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@davem1992 said:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/10/7367611/twitter-says-account-wishing-death-and-rape-on-peter-moores-family Xbox fanboys off threatening Peter Moore, guess I can use stupid articles as well.

I'm failing to see the point of your post. You're further proving the point that I was making.

@tormentos Are you capable of reading? Here's a quote from my original post: "As per usual though, someone is trying to make one fanboy group out to be the worst when in reality they're all as obnoxious as the others". He further proved my point that these fanboys are all stupid as hell.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 davem1992

@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/10/7367611/twitter-says-account-wishing-death-and-rape-on-peter-moores-family Xbox fanboys off threatening Peter Moore, guess I can use stupid articles as well.

I'm failing to see the point of your post. You're further proving the point that I was making.

@tormentos Are you capable of reading? Here's a quote from my original post: "As per usual though, someone is trying to make one fanboy group out to be the worst when in reality they're all as obnoxious as the others". He further proved my point that these fanboys are all stupid as hell.

You acted like only Sony fanboys do it, that is not the case.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#173 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@davem1992 said:

I don't believe a word that comes out the mans mouth, he just comes off as a desperate shady suit that will say what gamers want to hear so he can get a pass.

This

+1

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 soulitane

@davem1992 said:
@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

No I didn't you were saying that xbox fanboys were the worst so I gave you an example of a different fanboy group. I even mentioned Nintendo fanboys in my response to Bigboi. S please refer to the quote posted I posted in response to tormentos as it clearly shows what I'm saying.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By davem1992

@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:
@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

No I didn't you were saying that xbox fanboys were the worst so I gave you an example of a different fanboy group. I even mentioned Nintendo fanboys in my response to Bigboi. S please refer to the quote posted I posted in response to tormentos as it clearly shows what I'm saying.

Except I never denied that all the fanboys were bad, I think the Xbox fanboys are the worst because they write off genres if they stop coming to their system and call the region dead or irrelevant because of it.

Least Sony fanboys haven't sunk that low yet.

Also expect slow replies now, playing Xenoblade.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 soulitane

@davem1992 said:

Except I never denied that all the fanboys were bad, I think the Xbox fanboys are the worst because they write off genres if they stop coming to their system and call the region dead or irrelevant because of it.

and I'm 100% certain they would if that happened to them. I'll leave you to live in your fantasy world.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 davem1992

@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

and I'm 100% certain they would if that happened to them. I'll leave you to live in your fantasy world.

The one who's in a fantasy is you my friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@john_of_rivia said:

No, being screwed would be not getting Street Fighter 5 at all because Capcom didn't want to pay for the development and marketing.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 davem1992

@GoldenElementXL said:
@john_of_rivia said:

No, being screwed would be not getting Street Fighter 5 at all because Capcom didn't want to pay for the development and marketing.

They'll live, SF is apparently not relevant past SFII anyway and KI is gods gift to man.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By soulitane

@davem1992 said:
@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

How so? Because unlike you I don't go around a forum crying about a fanboy group and see them all for what they are? Hint, they're all the same.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Why you're defending him that much? He either was the decision maker or an incompetent / weak manager that had no say (as what you're claiming) about what happened there.

Either way puts him in an indefensible position.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@john_of_rivia said:

They'll live, SF is apparently not relevant past SFII anyway and KI is gods gift to man.

That is honestly the 1st time I have ever heard that.

SF and MK are the fighting game kings right now. KI is OK for what it is. I haven't purchased any of the season 2 stuff though so maybe I'm a little out of touch with it.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 davem1992

@GoldenElementXL said:
@davem1992 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@john_of_rivia said:

That is honestly the 1st time I have ever heard that.

SF and MK are the fighting game kings right now. KI is OK for what it is. I haven't purchased any of the season 2 stuff though so maybe I'm a little out of touch with it.

Then I suggest looking at the forums more because you see it EVERYTIME SFV gets a thread.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 davem1992

@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:
@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

How so? Because unlike you I don't go around a forum crying about a fanboy group and see them all for what they are? Hint, they're all the same.

lol if you think I'm crying then you're as delusional as the Xbox fanboys.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 soulitane

@davem1992 said:

If you ever need a shoulder, I'm here for you buddy, don't worry, we're all family here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#186 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

I've made it a rule never to believe these suits. If they positively surprise me, fine. If not...

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 davem1992

@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

If you ever need a shoulder, I'm here for you buddy, don't worry, we're all family here.

Trust me, I'd rather knife myself than have lems as family

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 soulitane

@davem1992 said:

Just let it all out, talking helps with these things.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#189 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@davem1992 said:
@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

I think you need a break from System Wars, if you take Fanboy Wars too damn seriously.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#190 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

you have an issue that needs looking into

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 davem1992

@lawlessx: and you need to learn what sarcasm is, ending ones life cause of faceless internet losers is stupid.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 davem1992

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@davem1992 said:
@soulitane said:
@davem1992 said:

I think you need a break from System Wars, if you take Fanboy Wars too damn seriously.

Nah I don't think I do, you lot are hilarious and make every session online a load of fun.

Like christ, you actually believe someone would kill themselves just cause they hate fanboys?

Priceless.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Phil is great. I once met him at an Embassy dinner.

His trots are in gaming and I was following him long before he became head of Xbox. He always attracted gamers eyes as someone who was real and passionate about gaming.

Tell 'um Phil.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@heretrix said:
@davem1992 said:

Doesn't seem like fun to me and it isn't amusing either.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Blah blah blah, waa waa waa, blah blah blah. Face it, fanboy, you were wrong. You just admitted I was right, and now you are trying to slant the subject to save face.

BTW, when the PS3 "slim" came out, it started outselling the 360 in NA. MS reversed the trend, so you are wrong even in your deflection.

Cows...

No i am not and you are a bigger one.

Yes because the Slim PS3 also brought $100 dollar price drop,so for a small time the PS3 sold better and then it was 360 back on top again.

Again the xbox one is not the xbox 360 it has a barrage of price drops and freebies and is barely doing like the 360 was on its first 2 years when the xbox 360 didn't enjoy huge price cuts and hot new games given free MS even charged you for accessing netflix..hahahahaa

KingsTableWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 KingsTableWar
Member since 2015 • 75 Posts

@Shewgenja: NFL deal wasn't an Xbox thing.

Also Phil spend 2.5 bill on.mine craft.

KingsTableWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 KingsTableWar
Member since 2015 • 75 Posts

@davem1992: I doubt you would actually knife yourself.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 davem1992

@kingstablewar said:

Of course I wouldn't, I may hate their guts but not so much that I'd do something that daft.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By davem1992

@heretrix said:
@davem1992 said:
@heretrix said:
@davem1992 said:

Doesn't seem like fun to me and it isn't amusing either.

I don't find people like FoxBotAlpha amusing but it doesn't stop them hating.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@kingstablewar said:

Of course I wouldn't, I may hate their guts but not so much that I'd do something that daft.

Why would you hate someone simply for the platform they prefer?