Bungie inks deal with Activision ***All other Bungie topics here****

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for nofriekinlemons
nofriekinlemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 nofriekinlemons
Member since 2008 • 1392 Posts

:cry:i think i might throw up

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#302 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="gago-gago"]

Here comes the boycotts...

until their new game comes out.

E.x.a.c.t.l.y. I'm NEVER PLAYING THIS GAME. *2 minutes later* "I'd like to reserve the new Activision game" *mouth foaming*

Maybe for some people. Fool me once, though, shame on you... and that's what MW2 was. They aren't getting me a second time, and as much as I truly respect Bungie and think they are truly a top-10 dev, I won't be touching their games if Activision gets a percentage. There are way too many games out there to go mental over missing one. The only case I am still undecided on is Blizzard. I have to weigh my love for Blizz versus my hate for Acti and research what kind of a cut Acti gets out of it. Obviously if Diablo III comes out and it's a 4-hour game with day-one DLC it will make my decision easier.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#303 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The good news is Bungie can now make multiplat games, the bad news is... you fill in the blank.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Fizzman"]

that simple enough for you?

they're both evil and just you wait for yearly Halo easy enough for you?

umm nope please back up your original claim that MS has ruined games, I have made a pretty convincing point on why Activision has, but you just use vague and generic terms like they are both evil. and once again you tell me to wait for my yearly Halo based on zero evidence to prove what you are saying. Just more generalizations with no facts to backup your claims.

Just wait.
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

Bungie to develop on multiple platforms EXCLUSIVELY for Activision through 2020. Straight from Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html

ironcreed
I bet Activision thought this would make people like them.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#306 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"] they're both evil and just you wait for yearly Halo easy enough for you?Jandurin

umm nope please back up your original claim that MS has ruined games, I have made a pretty convincing point on why Activision has, but you just use vague and generic terms like they are both evil. and once again you tell me to wait for my yearly Halo based on zero evidence to prove what you are saying. Just more generalizations with no facts to backup your claims.

Just wait.

Ok will do thanks for proving my point.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"] I'm sorry, did the game do well? Did it get AAA AA ratings? Isn't that your rubric for success?Jandurin

Umm you asked what games has IW ruined, now we wont be seeing any new MW games because IW has been gutted and will probably get shut down. Actvision destroyed the MW franchise because of their greed. You keep flip flopping between scores, and money being made. Try to keep up.

No, you're flip flopping. Try to slow down and consider your words :)

Yeah Fizz, Jandurin basically played you with your own set of rules man. It was obvious what he was doing, or so I thought.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#308 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Bungie to develop on multiple platforms EXCLUSIVELY for Activision through 2020. Straight from Gamespot:

ironcreed

So it´s not just one game...

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

ironcreed
Only for the ONE NEW IP. Any other Bungie IPs are still fair game.
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#310 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

The franchise is on a path to oblivion.

Jandurin

Acceptable. Would not say it's there yet.

Either way, I'll still never forgive Activision for what they did to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

THPS1-3 were such good games...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#311 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Wow... just... wow.

I am incredibly disappointed in Bungie. Every dev. I liked (save Blizzard) had finally managed to get away from Activision, and now this. Awesome.

Guess I'm going to need to seriously evaluate if I'm going to buy Bungie games for the next ten years. :cry:

DarkLink77
It's only one IP that Bungie has Acitvision publishing. Plus it took 9 months to get the deal in place, which I assume is for creative freedom and how Bungie treats their community. I think this deal is more specifically to go multiplat, or could very well be for the MMO. Logically it does make sense as Jandurin/BHB have given enough indication for why that makes sense.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#312 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Umm you asked what games has IW ruined, now we wont be seeing any new MW games because IW has been gutted and will probably get shut down. Actvision destroyed the MW franchise because of their greed. You keep flip flopping between scores, and money being made. Try to keep up.

Hahadouken

No, you're flip flopping. Try to slow down and consider your words :)

Yeah Fizz, Jandurin basically played you with your own set of rules man. It was obvious what he was doing, or so I thought.

yeah totally dude............

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#313 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

blue_hazy_basic

**** all games according to that, not just one IP

I should have mentioned that, I guess, lol. It basically confirms what we already know, that the next Bungie game will be on PS3.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
TBQH I am laughing really hard right now...for SW purposes, besides I'm not really a FPS fan, there are honorable exceptions though. And there is only one Bungie game that has me wowed ( the gem called Halo: CE) Now if Kojima signed with Activision, I would be thinking in suicide :?
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

Lots of people here don't seem to know what a publisher does and that MS owns the Halo franchise. That said, I am still disappointed in Bungie, there are other publishers in the industry that don't suck as much as Activision does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Yeah Jandurin basically played you with your own set of rules man. It was obvious what he was doing, or so I thought.Hahadouken
*nods* Anyway, I'm done with this argument. My new thought is: What if you'll be able to buy an Activision MMO account. You pay a bit more than what WoW or the bungie MMO would cost alone, but get to play either one with the same account? So, it'd be like 20 bucks a month and you'd get access to 2 MMOs with the same account information! Badass, no?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

The franchise is on a path to oblivion.

Acceptable. Would not say it's there yet.

Either way, I'll still never forgive Activision for what they did to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

I never cared for them. Much preferred GTA for random nonsense games.
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Atleast Bungie still have a close relationship with MS, that way Activision will think twice about trying to mess them about.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"] Acceptable. Would not say it's there yet.Jandurin

I never cared for them. Much preferred GTA for random nonsense games.

I liked the old Tony Hawk games, wish they would return to their former quality.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#320 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Lots of people here don't seem to know what a publisher does and that MS owns the Halo franchise. That said, I am still disappointed in Bungie, there are other publishers in the industry that don't suck as much as Activision does.

Scythes777
Ahem, considering it took Bungie 9 months to set up this deal. and as they put it, only Activision was willing to agree with their terms. I'm assuming that if they honestly did talk to say EA or any other western oriented Pub(2k games would be another) they clearly weren't giving Bungie what they wanted as much as Activision. Ofcourse the kicker here is Bungie is a bigger name than most devs now. Halo has kind of put them on a much higher pedestal as far as their negotiation rights.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 hellhund

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

ironcreed

**** all games according to that, not just one IP

I should have mentioned that, I guess, lol. It basically confirms what we already know, that the next Bungie game will be on PS3.

Its all games based on the ONE NEW IP. Just the ONE NEW IP. If its successful and they make sequels, Activision gets to publish them. If it fails and they don't pursue that IP anymore, Activision has publishing rights to nothing.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

hellhund

Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Bungie will have the time to spit out a bunch of games while working on the project with Activision? This isn't some little side-game they are doing for Activision for funzies while they make their "real" game, a ____-exclusive. This is for real, better wrap your head around it sooner than later.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#323 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Wow... just... wow.

I am incredibly disappointed in Bungie. Every dev. I liked (save Blizzard) had finally managed to get away from Activision, and now this. Awesome.

Guess I'm going to need to seriously evaluate if I'm going to buy Bungie games for the next ten years. :cry:

jg4xchamp
It's only one IP that Bungie has Acitvision publishing. Plus it took 9 months to get the deal in place, which I assume is for creative freedom and how Bungie treats their community. I think this deal is more specifically to go multiplat, or could very well be for the MMO. Logically it does make sense as Jandurin/BHB have given enough indication for why that makes sense.

I get that, champ. However, Activision has utterly ruined so many good franchises and developers simply by existing. You'll forgive me if I'm a little... anxious?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Bungie will have the time to spit out a bunch of games while working on the project with Activision?Hahadouken
Yeah. I'm sure Activision will get to demand at least some amount of product in relation to this deal. It's not like Bungie will whip out a single game in 2 years and be like... ALL RIGHTY THEN, we're done here, lalalalalaalala etc.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#325 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

This is intresting guys, Pachter predicts that their first multiplatform game will sell 10 Million predict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
If Pachter says it... maybe the game will flop.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Giancar

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=244828

Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

way to give cheap shots, today it will be a very interesting one in SW :lol:

and I was thinking in taking some SW vacations =/

Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

This is intresting guys, Pachter predicts that their first multiplatform game will sell 10 Million predict

finalstar2007

What do I have to say to that? Shut the **** up, Patcher.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#329 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Can't wait to see that 1200 to 1600 MS point map pack for Halo: Reach. :|

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#330 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

I wonder why they did this...wasn't bungie in the sweet spot with microsoft..

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 hellhund
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Bungie will have the time to spit out a bunch of games while working on the project with Activision?Jandurin
Yeah. I'm sure Activision will get to demand at least some amount of product in relation to this deal. It's not like Bungie will whip out a single game in 2 years and be like... ALL RIGHTY THEN, we're done here, lalalalalaalala etc.

They could easily make three games in that ten years. If they're three different IPs, then Activision has exclusive rights to the first one, but not the next two.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="hellhund"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Bungie will have the time to spit out a bunch of games while working on the project with Activision? This isn't some little side-game they are doing for Activision for funzies while they make their "real" game, a ____-exclusive. This is for real, better wrap your head around it sooner than later.

10 yrs is a long time for just 1 IP, was hoping they might do other games too. I just hope this series is going to be win.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#333 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="hellhund"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

Hahadouken

I tend to agree. This is Bungie we are talking about, and this mystery game is their supposed next big thing. I don't think they will be working on 2-3 other games with other publishers once Reach is out of the way, lol. This new IP will be where their focus lies. Especially since it is going to be multiplatform.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#334 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Can't wait to see that 1200 to 1600 MS point map pack for Hal: Reach. :|Stevo_the_gamer
Clever. And true.. Activision is going to kill gaming.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Hahadouken"]Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Bungie will have the time to spit out a bunch of games while working on the project with Activision?hellhund

They could easily make three games in that ten years. If they're three different IPs, then Activision has exclusive rights to the first one, but not the next two.

Did you read what they say about it? There are multiple games in this IP, they haven't even started developing and they are certain of that much. Bungie isn't going to make anything else for 10 years. Why is this hard to believe? They have only been working on Halo for close to 10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Can't wait to see that 1200 to 1600 MS point map pack for Halo: Reach. :|

Stevo_the_gamer
don't buy map packs, they're evil
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Giancar
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Can't wait to see that 1200 to 1600 MS point map pack for Hal: Reach. :|xsubtownerx

I doubt the deal has anything to do with the Halo IP =/
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 hellhund

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="hellhund"] Only for the ONE NEW IP. Any other Bungie IPs are still fair game.ironcreed

I tend to agree. This is Bungie we are talking about, and this mystery game is their supposed next big thing. I don't think they will be working on 2-3 other games with other publishers once Reach is out of the way, lol. This new IP will be where their focus lies. Especially since it is going to be multiplatform.

Maybe now that they're independent, they're going to focus on new ideas and new IPs, not just find one new IP and ride that train for ten years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Can't wait to see that 1200 to 1600 MS point map pack for Hal: Reach. :|xsubtownerx

activision won't have anything to do with halo
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Hahadouken

I agree with the sentiments from both of you, but there is a flaw in this logic since Activision won't get a piece of Reach, or in fact anything remotely related to Halo.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#341 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Man that took awhile....anyways great system wars fun today

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Maybe now that they're independent, they're going to focus on new ideas and new IPs, not just find one new IP and ride that train for ten years.hellhund
I'm sure Activision will be fine with that.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I'm actually kind of happy for Bungie. I dislike some Activision's philosophies (like most do), but in this situation nothing is proving to me that they are the big evil company everybody says they are.This sounds almost exactly like the EA Partners program which has been highly praised, yet because its Activision making the deal, everyone's pissed? In this situation, Bungie, a very talented indie dev (yes, they are still indie) has the ability to take advantage of resources they haven't previously had access to. Activision has deep pockets, Bungie has talent - I'm inclined to believe that deep pockets + talent = something amazing. Its not like Bungie is owned by Activision, they are only bound to them by a single IP for 10 years. In this way, Bungie can take advantage of the "enemy's" resources, and produce something awesome of their own. Whats not to love about this? I personally, am stoked about Bungie's new IP now that it has some serious funding behind it while remaining totally indie.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 hellhund
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="hellhund"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] Yeah. I'm sure Activision will get to demand at least some amount of product in relation to this deal. It's not like Bungie will whip out a single game in 2 years and be like... ALL RIGHTY THEN, we're done here, lalalalalaalala etc.

Did you read what they say about it? There are multiple games in this IP, they haven't even started developing and they are certain of that much. Bungie isn't going to make anything else for 10 years. Why is this hard to believe? They have only been working on Halo for close to 10.

And Too Human was planned as a trilogy. Just because its planned that way doesn't mean it will work out that way.
akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

I have a question, does anyone know if Bungie is a publicly traded company? If so I can just picture Bobby secretly buying Bungie stock until he gets control of the company with a countdown timer set for 10 years.

If not I can picture Bobby convincing Bungie to go public, "Hey come on , there's alot of money to be made" * Bobby puts arm around Bungie*

Clank-PS-Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Clank-PS-Snake
Member since 2010 • 699 Posts

I'm actually kind of happy for Bungie. I dislike some Activision's philosophies (like most do), but in this situation nothing is proving to me that they are the big evil company everybody says they are.This sounds almost exactly like the EA Partners program which has been highly praised, yet because its Activision making the deal, everyone's pissed? In this situation, Bungie, a very talented indie dev (yes, they are still indie) has the ability to take advantage of resources they haven't previously had access to. Activision has deep pockets, Bungie has talent - I'm inclined to believe that deep pockets + talent = something amazing. Its not like Bungie is owned by Activision, they are only bound to them by a single IP for 10 years. In this way, Bungie can take advantage of the "enemy's" resources, and produce something awesome of their own. Whats not to love about this? I personally, am stoked about Bungie's new IP now that it has some serious funding behind it while remaining totally indie.

jamejame
Because Activision will make money out of it and we hate Activision.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="hellhund"] Only for the ONE NEW IP. Any other Bungie IPs are still fair game.blue_hazy_basic

10 yrs is a long time for just 1 IP, was hoping they might do other games too. I just hope this series is going to be win.

There are a lot of cases of devs only working on one IP for that kind of time period. Bungie themselves have only made Halo games since 2001. Infinity Ward has only made Call of Duty since 2003. Polyphony Digital? Gran Turismo... etc. etc. etc. There are so many examples of it. 10 years is a long time, but they can keep Bungie busy with one IP for that amount of time, easily, especially if it catches on like Halo did.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 hellhund
[QUOTE="hellhund"]Maybe now that they're independent, they're going to focus on new ideas and new IPs, not just find one new IP and ride that train for ten years.Jandurin
I'm sure Activision will be fine with that.

It doesn't matter if Activision is fine with that. They don't own Bungie and can't force them to make more games. They get to publish the games, not dicate how many or when.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#349 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Can't wait to see that 1200 to 1600 MS point map pack for Hal: Reach. :|Hahadouken

I agree with the sentiments from both of you, but there is a flaw in this logic since Activision won't get a piece of Reach, or in fact anything remotely related to Halo.

I know, but one can't forget what EA did with ME. You just never know. :P
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

all of a sudden sony fanboys love bungie hahaha