Bungie inks deal with Activision ***All other Bungie topics here****

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#351 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

I'm actually kind of happy for Bungie. I dislike some Activision's philosophies (like most do), but in this situation nothing is proving to me that they are the big evil company everybody says they are.This sounds almost exactly like the EA Partners program which has been highly praised, yet because its Activision making the deal, everyone's pissed? In this situation, Bungie, a very talented indie dev (yes, they are still indie) has the ability to take advantage of resources they haven't previously had access to. Activision has deep pockets, Bungie has talent - I'm inclined to believe that deep pockets + talent = something amazing. Its not like Bungie is owned by Activision, they are only bound to them by a single IP for 10 years. In this way, Bungie can take advantage of the "enemy's" resources, and produce something awesome of their own. Whats not to love about this? I personally, am stoked about Bungie's new IP now that it has some serious funding behind it while remaining totally indie.

Clank-PS-Snake

Because Activision will make money out of it and we hate Activision.

So? God knows Activision will always find a way to milk something for money. Here, they'll retain a percentage of the income, but Bungie will be making loads more cash as well.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#352 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"] Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Bungie will have the time to spit out a bunch of games while working on the project with Activision? This isn't some little side-game they are doing for Activision for funzies while they make their "real" game, a ____-exclusive. This is for real, better wrap your head around it sooner than later.hellhund

I tend to agree. This is Bungie we are talking about, and this mystery game is their supposed next big thing. I don't think they will be working on 2-3 other games with other publishers once Reach is out of the way, lol. This new IP will be where their focus lies. Especially since it is going to be multiplatform.

Maybe now that they're independent, they're going to focus on new ideas and new IPs, not just find one new IP and ride that train for ten years.

An exclusive 10-year deal with Acti tends to suggest otherwise, does it not?

I dunno how so many people have blinders on to this. This is a BIG DEAL. Bungie and Acti are huge players in the industry, this isn't going to be some neat-o experiment to try out some fresh cool ideas for gamers and appease armchair critics who are too cool to pay for games anyway, this is a business transaction to get as much money as possible out of a Bungie IP. I thought the obvious move to multiplatform is a good indicator of this.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 Hahadouken

all of a sudden sony fanboys love bungie hahaha

AD216
Like who? Find one example of a cow flip-flopper in this thread, or you're just trying to stir things up.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#354 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] I know, but one can't forget what EA did with ME. You just never know. :P

I am pretty sure MS owns Halo IP =/
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

[QUOTE="AD216"]

Hahadouken

Like who? Find one example of a cow flip-flopper in this thread, or you're just trying to stir things up.

Give it time.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Is this...for real? Honest answer please.SpiritOfFire117
sorry broheim, its for real. The haloz are safe though so dont panic

haha, it is not safe, MS is gonna ruin that franchise, i guarantee it

How so MS has been involved with the Halo series since day 1.
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
[QUOTE="AD216"]

Hahadouken

not here. on the other ones i read. this actually seem like a mature discussion
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 SpiritOfFire117

I know, but one can't forget what EA did with ME. You just never know. :Pxsubtownerx
Last I checked, ME2 was considered one of the best games this year.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#359 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"] Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Bungie will have the time to spit out a bunch of games while working on the project with Activision? This isn't some little side-game they are doing for Activision for funzies while they make their "real" game, a ____-exclusive. This is for real, better wrap your head around it sooner than later.hellhund

I tend to agree. This is Bungie we are talking about, and this mystery game is their supposed next big thing. I don't think they will be working on 2-3 other games with other publishers once Reach is out of the way, lol. This new IP will be where their focus lies. Especially since it is going to be multiplatform.

Maybe now that they're independent, they're going to focus on new ideas and new IPs, not just find one new IP and ride that train for ten years.

If they expect it to be successful, I really do not think that they are going to run around to different publishers and start other projects right in the middle of what is supposed to be their next big thing after Halo. If they were not serious about devoting maximum time to this project then there is no way in hell that they would have inked a 10 year deal.

They may still be independent, but this next game is where their focus will lie and the 10 year contract with the likes of Activision is your proof of that. In other words, don't expect to see any Bungie exclusives with Microsoft after Reach.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#360 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] I know, but one can't forget what EA did with ME. You just never know. :P

I am pretty sure MS owns Halo IP =/

Like I said, you just never know. :P There's always a loop hole somewhere in contracts that people can exploit.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]sorry broheim, its for real. The haloz are safe though so dont panicxscrapzx
haha, it is not safe, MS is gonna ruin that franchise, i guarantee it

not my fault. I haven't liked MS since Windows 95 >_> I don't see why everyone thinks MS are so much better than Activision, tbqh. Bungie seems like the people that kept Halo alive to me, not MS.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 xscrapzx

I dont know why this is such a big deal. IW no longer works with Activision so they needed someone to make good Call of Duty games, why not go with someone like Bungie? Also Bungie is continuing first part support for 360 and will be working with Activison with multiplats. I don't see why this is such a huge story.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

I suppose the ramifications of this deal won't really become apparent until we know what the new IP is. Maybe its the new Halo, maybe its the new Haze.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#364 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"] activision won't have anything to do with halo

Then apply that for future Bungie games. Besides, considering how big Bungie is with its games, the mere thought of Activision raking in the millions makes me sick.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Thar she blows!!!

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] haha, it is not safe, MS is gonna ruin that franchise, i guarantee itJandurin

not my fault. I haven't liked MS since Windows 95 >_> I don't see why everyone thinks MS are so much better than Activision, tbqh. Bungie seems like the people that kept Halo alive to me, not MS.

Had MS not purchased Bungie to begin with, Halo would have never been Halo. I'm sorry that you feel that way about MS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] I know, but one can't forget what EA did with ME. You just never know. :PSpiritOfFire117

not by me :|
Avatar image for reanimatedchamp
reanimatedchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 reanimatedchamp
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
Confirmation is here, Bungie is now available to make games on multiple gaming machineries, including the Playstation number 3. Every single Sony executive and every Sony personnel are foaming in the mouth right now in excitement, that the best developers they look up to and envied for years can now develop games on their systems. Look for a high increase in underwear sales this weekend, because all Sony personnel just let a slippery wet one loose due to the excitement and they need to change draws. Also notice the continued Sony arrogance from their most recent post, "...blah, blah, PS3, blah, Halo on steroids.". They are already taking credit for Bungie's work. What Sony do not know is Bungie is still in close ties with Microsoft and will deliver a secretive massive blow to the Playstation number 3 from the inside. It will be juicey, in my personal educated reality of opinions.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#369 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"] not by me :|

lulz. If you don't think ME2 is one of the best games to release so far this year, then Jandurin, you have no soul. :P
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 AD216
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] How so MS has been involved with the Halo series since day 1.xscrapzx

Had MS not purchased Bungie to begin with, Halo would have never been Halo. I'm sorry that you feel that way about MS.

windows 7 is great. a lot changed since windows 95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"] not by me :|Stevo_the_gamer
lulz. If you don't think ME2 is one of the best games to release so far this year, then Jandurin, you have no soul. :P

:cry: My friend won it in a game of Bingo :(
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 hellhund
Confirmation is here, Bungie is now available to make games on multiple gaming machineries, including the Playstation number 3. Every single Sony executive and every Sony personnel are foaming in the mouth right now in excitement, that the best developers they look up to and envied for years can now develop games on their systems. Look for a high increase in underwear sales this weekend, because all Sony personnel just let a slippery wet one loose due to the excitement and they need to change draws. Also notice the continued Sony arrogance from their most recent post, "...blah, blah, PS3, blah, Halo on steroids.". They are already taking credit for Bungie's work. What Sony do not know is Bungie is still in close ties with Microsoft and will deliver a secretive massive blow to the Playstation number 3 from the inside. It will be juicey, in my personal educated reality of opinions.reanimatedchamp
Who's that little girl in your sig?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
windows 7 is great. a lot changed since windows 95AD216
i know! I love Windows 7 hahaha
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] not by me :|Jandurin

Bingo? Next time lie and say "poker". :P
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Confirmation is here, Bungie is now available to make games on multiple gaming machineries, including the Playstation number 3. Every single Sony executive and every Sony personnel are foaming in the mouth right now in excitement, that the best developers they look up to and envied for years can now develop games on their systems. Look for a high increase in underwear sales this weekend, because all Sony personnel just let a slippery wet one loose due to the excitement and they need to change draws. Also notice the continued Sony arrogance from their most recent post, "...blah, blah, PS3, blah, Halo on steroids.". They are already taking credit for Bungie's work. What Sony do not know is Bungie is still in close ties with Microsoft and will deliver a secretive massive blow to the Playstation number 3 from the inside. It will be juicey, in my personal educated reality of opinions.reanimatedchamp
lol, prepare to rate the ps3 version of the game with a "solid" 6.0 :P
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44174 Posts

From Mod:

Apr 29, 2010 9:47 am PTIt's a secret don't tell the police but I did make a sticky. What I did though was take your comments and put it into the first post of the sticky.

---

--

Mah man, there is something about that style I like. 8)

Oh and I knew a sticky was needed but you gave me teh too funny. :lol:

Thanks.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
Oh dear oh dear, another blow for the 360, alan wake 540p, bungie leaving 360 to support ps3... I mean, what's next? Gears on ps3? Roll on E3!
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 AD216
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] lulz. If you don't think ME2 is one of the best games to release so far this year, then Jandurin, you have no soul. :Pxsubtownerx

Bingo? Next time lie and say "poker". :P

hahaha i lost my soul playin nl texas hold em poker b4. i just won it back this year. and i doubt bungie gon make games 4 ps3. if they do its gon be all new games that MS never had
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 xsubtownerx
Oh dear oh dear, another blow for the 360, alan wake 540p, bungie leaving 360 to support ps3... I mean, what's next? Gears on ps3? Roll on E3!thetruespin
Wow. Talk about fanboyism spinning. :lol:
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#381 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] I know, but one can't forget what EA did with ME. You just never know. :PJandurin

not by me :|

with the way you throw ME2 under the bus. I just wnat you to know. That I never want to hear you say a damn thing when I hate on DragonAge :P
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 hellhund

So, any guesses about the new IP? Can Bungie do anything besides generic sci-fi shooters?

I'm thinking.... an Italian plumber kills mushroom monsters with a gravity gun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
with the way you throw ME2 under the bus. I just wnat you to know. That I never want to hear you say a damn thing when I hate on DragonAge :Pjg4xchamp
a non-aggression pact as it were? lulz[QUOTE="hellhund"]

So, any guesses about the new IP? Can Bungie do anything besides generic sci-fi shooters?

I admit curiosity.
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#384 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

Guess I'll be picking up the next couple bungie games used.... if at all.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 SpiritOfFire117

Oh dear oh dear, another blow for the 360, alan wake 540p, bungie leaving 360 to support ps3... I mean, what's next? Gears on ps3? Roll on E3!thetruespin
Who said they weren't supporting the 360? Nice way to put a fanboy spin on this.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 xscrapzx

What? :| Did you even read the article, or are youbeing sarcastic?

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 AD216
[QUOTE="thetruespin"]Oh dear oh dear, another blow for the 360, alan wake 540p, bungie leaving 360 to support ps3... I mean, what's next? Gears on ps3? Roll on E3!xsubtownerx
Wow. Talk about fanboyism spinning. :lol:

yea i know. stop ridin on sony ****.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#388 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

way to give cheap shots, today it will be a very interesting one in SW :lol:

and I was thinking in taking some SW vacations =/

Giancar

Lol that's a low blow :P But i hope its true, I can't wait to see it.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#389 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
Only by SW standards really. In reality, whatever Bungie cooks up still comes to the 360 (if its in this gen). Anywho, theyre making an FPS MMO, so Ill be getting that on PC.
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

hellhund

You know, I would love to try that out.

Avatar image for nThDegreeOWnAGe
nThDegreeOWnAGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 nThDegreeOWnAGe
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
MY FAVORITE PART: "that Halo: Reach will be its last Halo title." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#392 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
TONIGHT! We CRY in hell! im interested in what theyre going to do with the Call Of Duty :P Ah well...I probably wont game for another 10 years anyway
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

FIipMode

I can't help but chuckle thinking of the party Sony is having right now. They are thinking of 10 ways they can use this news to their benefit. It's just funny how the pendulum swings, after such a horrible 2006-2007, they have been on a pretty consistent upswing since. Stuff like this probably gives their PR department a huuuuuuuge... grin. Heh.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 hellhund

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

FIipMode

Halo on steroids? Does that mean the jumps will be extra floaty like the end of the first Half-Life game? Or that people will explode when you shoot them with a pistol like in Fallout (with the perk)?
nThDegreeOWnAGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 nThDegreeOWnAGe
"The new games will be released on multiple platforms and devices, marking an end to the suburban Seattle studio's current Xbox 360 exclusivity." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1 *dies with happiness*
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 hellhund

[QUOTE="hellhund"]

Racer_XLR

You know, I would love to try that out.

Lol, shouldn't be too hard to make as a mod for Source.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 xscrapzx
"The new games will be released on multiple platforms and devices, marking an end to the suburban Seattle studio's current Xbox 360 exclusivity." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1 *dies with happiness*nThDegreeOWnAGe
Yes but they still have a first party exclusivity to MS.
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts
So what devs does 360 have exclusive now?
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

This is intresting guys, Pachter predicts that their first multiplatform game will sell 10 Million predictRacer_XLR

What do I have to say to that? Shut the **** up, Patcher.

Why if its multiplate hes right. Would you ppl stop hating on patcher
nThDegreeOWnAGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 nThDegreeOWnAGe
[QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"]"The new games will be released on multiple platforms and devices, marking an end to the suburban Seattle studio's current Xbox 360 exclusivity." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1 *dies with happiness*xscrapzx
Yes but they still have a first party exclusivity to MS.

and what game will that be? oh the one that doesnt exist because "Halo: Reach will be its last Halo title." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1