Bungie inks deal with Activision ***All other Bungie topics here****

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

There are those who said ths day would never come....What have they to say now?

:P

If nothing else, this should be very entertaining. :D

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#402 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
[QUOTE="FIipMode"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

way to give cheap shots, today it will be a very interesting one in SW :lol:

and I was thinking in taking some SW vacations =/

Hahadouken

Lol that's a low blow :P But i hope its true, I can't wait to see it.

I can't help but chuckle thinking of the party Sony is having right now. They are thinking of 10 ways they can use this news to their benefit. It's just funny how the pendulum swings, after such a horrible 2006-2007, they have been on a pretty consistent upswing since. Stuff like this probably gives their PR department a huuuuuuuge... grin. Heh.

They are probably going to have a field day with this, for the next week and you know how stuff PR says gets people mad on SW lol.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"]"The new games will be released on multiple platforms and devices, marking an end to the suburban Seattle studio's current Xbox 360 exclusivity." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1 *dies with happiness*nThDegreeOWnAGe
Yes but they still have a first party exclusivity to MS.

and what game will that be? oh the one that doesnt exist because "Halo: Reach will be its last Halo title." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1

Doesn't matter if it is Halo or not. :|
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
So what devs does 360 have exclusive now? Respawn-d
halo 3 halo reach halo odst crackdown culdcept rare stuff
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts
Lems are gonna go crazy. One of the last great 360 only devs has gone multiplate and with Activision of all ppl
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Would you ppl stop hating on patcherRespawn-d
no. he's been wrong too durned much
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 xscrapzx
Lems are gonna go crazy. One of the last great 360 only devs has gone multiplate and with Activision of all pplRespawn-d
May have gone multiplat but they are still making exclusive games for the 360, did you not read the article?
Avatar image for nThDegreeOWnAGe
nThDegreeOWnAGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 nThDegreeOWnAGe
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Yes but they still have a first party exclusivity to MS.xscrapzx
and what game will that be? oh the one that doesnt exist because "Halo: Reach will be its last Halo title." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1

your not getting it, after halo reach they are no longer microsofts first party developer. here read it again and understand ""Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged, and right now we're deeply engaged with them on the development of Halo: Reach" http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Respawn-d
[QUOTE="Respawn-d"]So what devs does 360 have exclusive now? Jandurin
halo 3 halo reach halo odst crackdown culdcept rare stuff

DEVS not games
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

[QUOTE="Racer_XLR"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

This is intresting guys, Pachter predicts that their first multiplatform game will sell 10 Million predictRespawn-d

What do I have to say to that? Shut the **** up, Patcher.

Why if its multiplate hes right. Would you ppl stop hating on patcher

Right or wrong, I don't care. He wrong most of the time, so he should save me the headache and just shut up, right now.

Lol, I would kill to have his job. . .

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Whatever game they make, it won't sell as much as Halo, or be as popular. Most gamers really don't care about who made the game, they care far more about the title. Unless bungie and activision pimp the Halo name somewhere on the game, it wont sell anywhere near Halo numbers.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
[QUOTE="Respawn-d"]Lems are gonna go crazy. One of the last great 360 only devs has gone multiplate and with Activision of all pplxscrapzx
May have gone multiplat but they are still making exclusive games for the 360, did you not read the article?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 AD216

Whatever game they make, it won't sell as much as Halo, or be as popular. Most gamers really don't care about who made the game, they care far more about the title. Unless bungie and activision pimp the Halo name somewhere on the game, it wont sell anywhere near Halo numbers.

-Snooze-
they cant. MS own halo
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"] and what game will that be? oh the one that doesnt exist because "Halo: Reach will be its last Halo title." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1 nThDegreeOWnAGe

your not getting it, after halo reach they are no longer microsofts first party developer. here read it again and understand ""Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged, and right now we're deeply engaged with them on the development of Halo: Reach" http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1

I think what you have to do is go back and read article again and read this line " Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged..."
Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

this is a sad day for gaming. i guess halo reach IS the last halo game. :(

i hate activision

nThDegreeOWnAGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 nThDegreeOWnAGe
[QUOTE="Respawn-d"]Lems are gonna go crazy. One of the last great 360 only devs has gone multiplate and with Activision of all pplxscrapzx
they are still making exclusive games for the 360

NO they are not they are only talking about halo reach. after that activision owns all of their publishing rights and they dont do exclusive
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 Respawn-d
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Respawn-d"]Lems are gonna go crazy. One of the last great 360 only devs has gone multiplate and with Activision of all pplAD216

Yes but they've still lost a exclusive dev
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 AD216
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Respawn-d"]Lems are gonna go crazy. One of the last great 360 only devs has gone multiplate and with Activision of all pplnThDegreeOWnAGe

NO they are not they are only talking about halo reach. after that activision owns all of their publishing rights and they dont do exclusive

MS and 343 studios still gon make halo it really dnt even matter
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] May have gone multiplat but they are still making exclusive games for the 360, did you not read the article?Respawn-d

They haven't been owned by MS for 3 years now, where have you been? :|
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 AD216
[QUOTE="Respawn-d"][QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] May have gone multiplat but they are still making exclusive games for the 360, did you not read the article?

bungie irrelevant
nThDegreeOWnAGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 nThDegreeOWnAGe
[QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Doesn't matter if it is Halo or not. :|xscrapzx

I think what you have to do is go back and read article again and read this line " Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged..."

lmao because they are first party developing HALO REACH thats it! stop trying to twist it
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

-Snooze-
I have no doubts they'll find a way to advertise that "from the makers of Halo" in regards to the new game.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"] and what game will that be? oh the one that doesnt exist because "Halo: Reach will be its last Halo title." http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260577.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1 nThDegreeOWnAGe

I'll type it again..... I think what you have to do is go back and read article again and read this line " Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged..."
nThDegreeOWnAGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 nThDegreeOWnAGe
[QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] they are still making exclusive games for the 360AD216

knock-off Halo only for the cash is what they should call it
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 AD216
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

hellhund
I have no doubts they'll find a way to advertise that "from the makers of Halo" in regards to the new game.

they can do what they want but without halo bungie a avg company at best
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 hellhund
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Respawn-d"]Lems are gonna go crazy. One of the last great 360 only devs has gone multiplate and with Activision of all pplnThDegreeOWnAGe

Their publishing rights for their next IP of indeterminate quality.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#427 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

They are probably going to have a field day with this, for the next week and you know how stuff PR says gets people mad on SW lol.FIipMode

Luuuuuuuulz yep. I have to say I am happy for this news because it will make SW extremely interesting in the next week or two. :P There hasn't been any real controversy in a while, just manufactured stuff.

-Snooze-

Sounds more like what you're hoping for than what will actually happen. It's not like "Halo" was a name before it came out, was it?

Edit: Also, it will be multiplat, of course it will outsell Halo. Do you really underestimate Activision's marketing push?

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 AD216
[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"] NO they are not they are only talking about halo reach. after that activision owns all of their publishing rights and they dont do exclusivenThDegreeOWnAGe

knock-off Halo only for the cash is what they should call it

MS alwayz owned halo. bungie just dev it
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#429 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
This comes as a surprise:?
nThDegreeOWnAGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 nThDegreeOWnAGe
[QUOTE="nThDegreeOWnAGe"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Doesn't matter if it is Halo or not. :|xscrapzx

I'll type it again..... I think what you have to do is go back and read article again and read this line " Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged..."

"and right now we're deeply engaged with them on the development of Halo: Reach" dont forget the rest of it ;)
bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

i hate activision

Revolution316

no this is a great day. activision will single handedly kill the worst most generic genre in gaming, the fps. first they destroyed cod and infinity ward. bungie and halo are next. remeber activision will make bungie release a game every year like sports games and destroy the genre eventually.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#432 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

I just don't understand. Didn't Bungie leave MS to be more independent? Why did they sign a 10 year contract with one of the worst publishers in the industry?

I seriously couldn't be more disappointed in Bungie.

SpinoRaptor24
Exactly my thoughts. Seems like they didn't learn their lesson.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 hellhund

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

i hate activision

bokiloki

no this is a great day. activision will single handedly kill the worst most generic genre in gaming, the fps. first they destroyed cod and infinity ward. bungie and halo are next. remeber activision will make bungie release a game every year like sports games and destroy the genre eventually.

They can't make them release a game every year. They don't own Bungie or have control over them.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#434 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
This is amazing. I cant believe 1) that microsoft would let their best talent go to a multi-platform publisher and 2) that bungie would sign up to a long term contract with one of the most evil corporations in gaming after they were so desperate to be an independent entity. Madness!
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 Respawn-d
Im so exited. :D I hope the game is sorta like halo cus Resistance is boring
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

remeber activision will make bungie release a game every year like sports games and destroy the genre eventually.

bokiloki

There is a flaw -- they don't own Bungie. They can't make them do a damn thing.

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

i hate activision

bokiloki

no they cant kill halo because M$ owns halo so bungie isnt allowed to make it. Halo Reach will be the lst halo game. Halo lives and dies in Reach. and activision or sony cant stop that from happening!

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

[QUOTE="FIipMode"] They are probably going to have a field day with this, for the next week and you know how stuff PR says gets people mad on SW lol.Hahadouken

Luuuuuuuulz yep. I have to say I am happy for this news because it will make SW extremely interesting in the next week or two. :P There hasn't been any real controversy in a while, just manufactured stuff.

-Snooze-

Sounds more like what you're hoping for than what will actually happen. It's not like "Halo" was a name before it came out, was it?

Edit: Also, it will be multiplat, of course it will outsell Halo. Do you really underestimate Activision's marketing push?

I'm not hoping for anything,I couldn't care less how it sells. It wont be as popular as Halo, simply cause it's not Halo. Most multiplats don't hit 10 million, why would this be any different? It's not Call Of Duty, and it's Not Halo, it's a new IP, the only people that even know Bungie is making games with Activision are the VERY few who visit forums such as this, and keep up with gaming news.

Unless it's advertised as a Halo/COD succesor, it wont be as big

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#439 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I'm completely shocked! Why Activision?
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

i hate activision

bokiloki

1. Activision doesn't own Halo.
  2. Bungie will still be in control of the IP.
Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 Respawn-d
Oh crap does this mean 70 dollar games like MW2 :cry:
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#442 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

I cant believe this hahaha, so let me guess this right, Halo Reach will be practically the last Bungie developed Halo game then :lol:, all of Bungies new IPs from now on will be Multiplat and Published by Activision of all people for the next 10 years? I wonder what's going to be of the series as a whole now with a new studio grabbing the reigns of halo

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 Respawn-d
Oh crap does this mean 70 dollar games like MW2 :cry:
GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 GabeNewellsPie
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts

[QUOTE="bokiloki"]

remeber activision will make bungie release a game every year like sports games and destroy the genre eventually.

Racer_XLR

There is a flaw -- they don't own Bungie. They can't make them do a damn thing.

There is a flaw -- Craptivision, in their role as publishers, will no doubt fund and provide tech and other resources towards any future development by Bungie. Are you saying they won't have a say in the direction of said devlopment?

Thats pretty naive imo.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

I'm not hoping for anything,I couldn't care less how it sells. It wont be as popular as Halo, simply cause it's not Halo. Most multiplats don't hit 10 million, why would this be any different? It's not Call Of Duty, and it's Not Halo, it's a new IP, the only people that even know Bungie is making games with Activision are the VERY few who visit forums such as this, and keep up with gaming news.

Unless it's advertised as a Halo/COD succesor, it wont be as big

-Snooze-

"Very few" people know who Bungie is outside of the forums eh? LAWL.

Also don't tell me you've never seen a movie trailer that says "FROM THE CREATORS OF ______".

Activision will plaster commercials with "FROM THE CREATORS OF HALO, COMES..." on every commercial break during The Ultimate Fighter, the NHL/NBA/NFL/MLB games/playoffs, everything that Men watch. The next Bungie/Activision game will be hyped beyond belief, and it will outsell Halo because it will be multiplatform.

Edit: Thanks again Gamespot for forcing me to edit my post. That's 3/4, I love your editor a lot.

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
This is great news. More people deserve to play Bungie's awesome games. But Activision? Ugh.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#447 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

[QUOTE="bokiloki"]

[QUOTE="Revolution316"]

i hate activision

Revolution316

no they cant kill halo because M$ owns halo so bungie isnt allowed to make it. Halo Reach will be the lst halo game. Halo lives and dies in Reach. and activision or sony cant stop that from happening!

Remember when you said bungie had c.l.a.s.s So how does it feel that their next game will probably be on PS3

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#448 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I cant believe this hahaha, so let me guess this right, Halo Reach will be practically the last Bungie developed Halo game then :lol:, all of Bungies new IPs from now on will be Multiplat and Published by Activision of all people for the next 10 years? I wonder what's going to be of the series as a whole now with a new studio grabbing the reigns of halo

AgentA-Mi6

The animal dash mother What was that last word you used? Meh whatever Activision has the right to publish one or more bungie games if it's in the same exact universe. So Bungie could make one game and call it a dya.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

AgentA-Mi6
Remember in the vidoc where Bungie said they may return to Halo in 10 years?lol See the connection? Yeah, this deal with activision is for one IP for 10 years. After that, they can do what they want. Anyway, im shocked they went with Activision, I suspected Microsoft would have had some publishing deal there, or heck even EA.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 hellhund

AgentA-Mi6

No, this deal is only for their next new IP. Granted, they may only have one new IP in the next ten years and just pound away at it like they did Halo. But, if their next IP is about sock puppets fighting for their freedom from giant hands, Activision would have exclusive rights to publish that game and any other Bungie game in that IP. If Bungie decided that was a stupid IP and created another IP about fishing for dragons using kittens as bait, that IP would be open to any publisher that Bungie decides, including, but not limited to, Activision.