Best TACTICAL Online Shooter Out this Gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kurdish-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Kurdish-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 802 Posts
SOCOM: Confrontations
Avatar image for sdfsdtfgertsdfd
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts
SOCOM: ConfrontationsKurdish-Gamer
socom 2 was ownage, hopefully we see another zipper/socom game one day.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"] books are for idiots

I lol'd
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
lol arma2 more realistic than call of duty huh? call of duty 4 ak-47 iron sight screenshot http://i26.tinypic.com/2zgdwzl.jpg Arma2 ak-47 ironsight screenshot http://i28.tinypic.com/35813rq.jpg call of duty's iron sight is much more true to real life.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]Yes how stupid you cant even walk while shooting in arma2 how is that realistic?.sdfsdtfgertsdfd
... Yes you can. Hold Shift to walk, as long as you have your gun raised by hitting ctrl twice you can fire. You can also aim down the irons and focus while walking. Hell hold Alt and you can aim freely while walking in a fixed direction.

the game is fake i was using like a machinegun and without a scope lol the game zoomed the screen in for the iron sight way too fakey. arma2 does a few things right and mostly wrong call of duty does most things right acouple things wrong.

the 'zooming' is supposed to mimic when we concentrate on a target and the 'tunnel vision' involved. Its the same in ArmA and OFP, and Virtual Battlespace 1 and 2.... you know, which are used to train various armed forces like the USMC.... that OFP and ArmA are derived from.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]... Yes you can. Hold Shift to walk, as long as you have your gun raised by hitting ctrl twice you can fire. You can also aim down the irons and focus while walking. Hell hold Alt and you can aim freely while walking in a fixed direction.

the game is fake i was using like a machinegun and without a scope lol the game zoomed the screen in for the iron sight way too fakey. arma2 does a few things right and mostly wrong call of duty does most things right acouple things wrong.

the 'zooming' is supposed to mimic when we concentrate on a target and the 'tunnel vision' involved. Its the same in ArmA and OFP, and Virtual Battlespace 1 and 2.... you know, which are used to train various armed forces like the USMC.... that OFP and ArmA are derived from.

the iron sight looks much more realistic on call of duty i shot a ak-47 in real life, dude call of duty's is modeled way better
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]lol arma2 more realistic than call of duty huh? call of duty 4 ak-47 iron sight screenshot http://i26.tinypic.com/2zgdwzl.jpg Arma2 ak-47 ironsight screenshot http://i28.tinypic.com/35813rq.jpg call of duty's iron sight is much more true to real life.

Are you kidding? Click the right mouse button and you'll get your iron sights.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"] books are for idiots

I lol'd

Can't fight that. Pretty sound argument, bulletproof even.
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

Rainbow Six Vegas

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

lol @ someone saying Halo3

sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
call of duty has no crosshair, ur actually aiming with the guns sights like a real gun lookin down the sights like the real thing. and in call of duty the iron sight center view is focused and stuff around ur not focusing on is blurred that's realistic call of duty is much more realistic period call of duty really is a great game.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
There's no X OR CROSS ON SCREEN in call of duty ur actually lookin down the guns barrel like the guns in real life . modeled great, feels like im shooting the ak-47 in call of duty that i shot in real life when i use the iron sights to shoot .
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 skrat_01
[QUOTE="AncientDozer"] I liked Graw and Rainbow Six. They were about as tactical as any games got, especially when motion sensors and radar jammers came into the scene.

To be perfectly honest Rainbow Six is not half the tactical shooter it used to be, as with GRAW. At the moment the only true tactical shooters on the market are quite few.
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts
There's no X OR CROSS ON SCREEN in call of duty ur actually lookin down the guns barrel like the guns in real life . modeled great, feels like im shooting the ak-47 in call of duty that i shot in real life when i use the iron sights to shoot .sdfsdtfgertsdfd
We are talkin about the best tactical game, not most realistic... Have you played Rainbow Six Vegas?
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
lol yea arma2 is more realistic than call of duty whatever you say LOL i remember back in the day reading some crap the dev's actually talked to war vets and crap during the making.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
tactical game, hmmm socom 2 would have to be my pick last good one i played.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#218 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]Yes how stupid you cant even walk while shooting in arma2 how is that realistic? the only part that feels kinda realistic is the camera for when ur running it bobs back and forth how ur vision looks kinda in real life when u run. but the gameplay mechanics itself are fake, the crosshairs arent as true to real life like call of duty's either.

yeah i know my crosshairs in real life are much different from those fake arma 2 ones :roll:
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
People think i might be talking about brothers in arms, yea they said supposibly talked to war vets, but you cant jump in that game and the gameplay in general is just more fake than call of duty. i doubt they actually did, it feels like call of duty dev's actually did, plus it was actually call of duty that had real war vets giving advice on the game for when first one was released in 2003.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
[QUOTE="johnny27"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]Yes how stupid you cant even walk while shooting in arma2 how is that realistic? the only part that feels kinda realistic is the camera for when ur running it bobs back and forth how ur vision looks kinda in real life when u run. but the gameplay mechanics itself are fake, the crosshairs arent as true to real life like call of duty's either.

yeah i know my crosshairs in real life are much different from those fake arma 2 ones :roll:

in arma2 you dont actually aim with the guns sight , you actually aim with a crosshair on screen like all other shooters without iron sight.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 johnny27

[QUOTE="johnny27"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]Yes how stupid you cant even walk while shooting in arma2 how is that realistic? the only part that feels kinda realistic is the camera for when ur running it bobs back and forth how ur vision looks kinda in real life when u run. but the gameplay mechanics itself are fake, the crosshairs arent as true to real life like call of duty's either.sdfsdtfgertsdfd

in arma2 you dont actually aim with the guns site, you actual aim with a crosshair on screen like all other shooters without iron sight.

arma 2 does have iron sights you click the right mouse button.

sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
[QUOTE="johnny27"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"][QUOTE="johnny27"] yeah i know my crosshairs in real life are much different from those fake arma 2 ones :roll:

in arma2 you dont actually aim with the guns site, you actual aim with a crosshair on screen like all other shooters without iron sight.

arma 2 does have cross hair you click the right mouse button.

goddamn it im not explaining what i mean in call of duty if you dont use the iron sight hipfiring there's a CROSSHAIR ON SCREEN . arma2's iron sight isnt modeled after real ak-47 iron sight it's just a crosshair on screen like call of duty's hipfire.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
you can make call of duty feel really realistic by turning off the hipfire crosshair and then only sight you can aim with the actual guns sight and not onscreen crosshair.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 skrat_01
[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"] goddamn it im not explaining what i mean in call of duty if you dont use the iron sight hipfiring there's a CROSSHAIR ON SCREEN . arma2's iron sight isnt modeled after real ak-47 iron sight it's just a crosshair on screen like call of duty's hipfire.

You are wrong. Play the game and look at the control options. Hell, Bohemia's Operation Flashpoint was the first game to even implement iron sights...
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#225 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
This is like the 3rd time we've had this discussion :|
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#226 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
you can make call of duty feel really realistic by turning off the hipfire crosshair and then only sight you can aim with the actual guns sight and not onscreen crosshair.sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Call of Duty is so unrealistic & clearly not tactical so why do you continue to ramble on.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
http://i26.tinypic.com/21cimw9.jpg Climbing over car in call of duty, see him about to put hand on the car and like his knee and lift himself how i would of. or i could of ran and jumped on top of the car. jumping=very useful in games though because it one person was taking cover behind the car on the other side i could just jump on top of the car and shoot down at them if i cant jump i gotta walk around the car lol less cool of attack also and more expected just noobish gameplay
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
no jumping is for teh noob who want to know where the players gonna do next, the player cant do crazy unexpected attacks.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
i used to bash call of duty franchise, it's not perfect but damn near, only if you could hipfire while sprinting would be more near perfect. plus if you got clips already loaded with bullets it's actually easy to change a clip while sprinting/running. The ability to not be able to sprint and shoot in call of duty kinda of unbalances the game because the person not sprinting can shoot at person sprinting and other person has no means to return fire lol.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 shawn7324
i used to bash call of duty franchise, it's not perfect but damn near, only if you could hipfire while sprinting would be more near perfect. plus if you got clips already loaded with bullets it's actually easy to change a clip while sprinting/running. The ability to not be able to sprint and shoot in call of duty kinda of unbalances the game because the person not sprinting can shoot at person sprinting and other person has no means to return fire lol.sdfsdtfgertsdfd
OK................................?
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
All u gotta do is make the sprinting hipfire in call of duty if they added it less accurate than walking hipfire mode. atleast the person will have to means to return fire now and balance the game more.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]i used to bash call of duty franchise, it's not perfect but damn near, only if you could hipfire while sprinting would be more near perfect. plus if you got clips already loaded with bullets it's actually easy to change a clip while sprinting/running. The ability to not be able to sprint and shoot in call of duty kinda of unbalances the game because the person not sprinting can shoot at person sprinting and other person has no means to return fire lol.shawn7324

LOL some people cant accept it's a good game the gameplay mechanics are pretty good flawed in some ways.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 shawn7324
[QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]i used to bash call of duty franchise, it's not perfect but damn near, only if you could hipfire while sprinting would be more near perfect. plus if you got clips already loaded with bullets it's actually easy to change a clip while sprinting/running. The ability to not be able to sprint and shoot in call of duty kinda of unbalances the game because the person not sprinting can shoot at person sprinting and other person has no means to return fire lol.sdfsdtfgertsdfd

LOL some people cant accept it's a good game the gameplay mechanics are pretty good flawed in some ways.

When did anyone say it wasn't a good game? Not the best tactical, but clearly a good game.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
nevermind arma 2 has iron sight like call of duty 4 ak-47's, but it's not modeled right lol the crosshair isnt as realistic, real life ak-47 there's 2 pieces of metal that make up with the sight and the tip part is ur focusing point they didnt model it right on arma2 lol they didnt even model thE tip in LOL also in arma2 you always run, how do you always run and not get tired? on call of duty you sprint and then get tired you can hear him huffing. lol call of duty 4>>>>arma 2
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
not saying call of duty is best tactical, but one of the most realistic and has some tactical gameplay modes kinda.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 shawn7324
not saying call of duty is best tactical, but one of the most realistic and has some tactical gameplay modes kinda.sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Did you even look at the thread's title or the TC's post?
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
there are no good tactical shooters this gen. also arma 2 you cannot shoot through walls like call of duty 4 which is realistic. lol arma2 is no match, the developer is second rate trash compared to infinityward.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#238 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

lol yea arma2 is more realistic than call of duty sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Yep, everyone knows that. All your complains are "bu..bu..it's not like John Woo movie" :)

In every possible way Arma2 is more realistic in recreating the real battlefield. Call of Duty is as realistic as Doom3.

And mind you..this is thread about "tactical" shooters, not just realistic shooters. Considering there's no real tactics in CoD series, regardless of it's realism I don;t know what it's doing here

also...CoD4 HAS CROSSHAIRS!

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
Gonna have to say ArmA 2 nothing else come close imo.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 AdrianWerner

how do you always run and not get tired? on call of duty you sprint and then get tired you can hear him huffing. lol call of duty 4>>>>arma 2 sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Maybe because in Arma you play as a soldier, not 40+ years old couch potatoe? You can both walk and run in Arma, but unlike in CoD soldiers do not run out of breath after 5 seconds (lmao.. a 150kgs man can run longer than CoD4 soldiers :D :D :D). Any human in good shape can run for hours without rest, let alone for short periods of time game mission takes place (especially since you do not run all the time there), even with the equipment

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 AdrianWerner

there are no good tactical shooters this gen. sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Actualy no, there are at least 9 good tactical shooters this gen, they're just all PC only

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
Looks like R6V is tactical according to posters..but I haven't played it more than 10 mins online :(. From my experience, I'd go with Socom Confrontation.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 johnny27

[QUOTE="johnny27"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"] in arma2 you dont actually aim with the guns site, you actual aim with a crosshair on screen like all other shooters without iron sight.sdfsdtfgertsdfd
arma 2 does have cross hair you click the right mouse button.

goddamn it im not explaining what i mean in call of duty if you dont use the iron sight hipfiring there's a CROSSHAIR ON SCREEN . arma2's iron sight isnt modeled after real ak-47 iron sight it's just a crosshair on screen like call of duty's hipfire.

it does have iron sights here a pic i took

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#244 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts

CSS. Y'all know it to be true.

freek666
I personally think it's trash.....so no. :|
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Tactical shooter? I guess SWAT 4, very tactical.

MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts

CS wins that catagory too.

MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="freek666"]

CSS. Y'all know it to be true.

Nedemis
I personally think it's trash.....so no. :|

Well aside from 1.6, its better than any game you play.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
graw 2
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

TF2 or L4D

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

Killzone 2 :lol:

I find COD to be tactical whe playing Team Tactical/S&D. Other then that I haven't played many tactical games.