Best TACTICAL Online Shooter Out this Gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#251 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts

ArmA 2 is in a league of it's own provided you play on a decent server. Hell, if your sick of the map rotation you can go into the editor and whip up another interesting mission to play in a matter of minutes.

kkevguy47k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 kkevguy47k
Member since 2008 • 900 Posts

IMO, Realism = not fun. (In MOST cases, that is)

Its a (video)game, make it fun.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

kkevguy47k
Tactical games don't mean that its realistic. Tactical games are fun, and require a different approach to traditional FPS.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#254 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Americas Army 2

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

kkevguy47k

Alittle realism in games is good but too much can ruin a game *looks at GTA4*

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#256 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="kkevguy47k"]

MJPK

I thought GTA4 excelled in its new approach. Everything felt better.
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

[QUOTE="MJPK"]

[QUOTE="kkevguy47k"]

Wasdie

I thought GTA4 excelled in its new approach. Everything felt better.

I'm not saying it was a bad game but getting a phone call every few minutes to go for something to eat etc was very annoying.

NYrockinlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#258 NYrockinlegend
Member since 2008 • 2025 Posts
KZ2
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Wasdie  Moderator

I'm not saying it was a bad game but getting a phone call every few minutes to go for something to eat etc was very annoying.

MJPK

Well I will agree, their attempt at making your friends a bit more humanlike just ended up making them annoying. Overall the whole game was a great new package. I know most GTA lovers didn't like it as much because it wasn't so feature packed but they forget that they had to build an engine from scratch, that takes time.

I'm sure the next GTA will be more feature filled.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#260 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="kkevguy47k"]

MJPK

there is nothing wrong with realism. Ultra realistic games can be fun as hell too, they just need to be designed with realism from day 1. What doesn't work is taking an arcade game and then randomly inserting hardcore realistic bits here and there

Avatar image for sdfsdtfgertsdfd
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"][QUOTE="johnny27"] arma 2 does have cross hair you click the right mouse button.johnny27

goddamn it im not explaining what i mean in call of duty if you dont use the iron sight hipfiring there's a CROSSHAIR ON SCREEN . arma2's iron sight isnt modeled after real ak-47 iron sight it's just a crosshair on screen like call of duty's hipfire.

it does have iron sights here a pic i took

i know it has iron sight, when i first played it if you hold down the right mouse button instead of clicking button iron sight it's like a scope zooms in. call of duty 4's ak-47 works just like real sights on the gun. the arma2 iron sight is totally modeled wrong.
Avatar image for sdfsdtfgertsdfd
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts
LOL i just got off work, but yall made me get no damn sleeping arguing with u people lol, i got 1 hour of sleep. owell works over time to CHILL and get banned some more LOL
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Wasdie  Moderator

i know it has iron sight, when i first played it if you hold down the right mouse button instead of clicking button iron sight it's like a scope zooms in. call of duty 4's ak-47 works just like real sights on the gun. the arma2 iron sight is totally modeled wrong.sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Apparently you have never fired a real AK-47 nor have you played ArmA 2.

ArmA 2 was taken from a build of a video game used for real military training by various armies in the real world. Its much more accurate than CoD 4 could ever be.

Also the zoom feature in ArmA 2 is to help you see enemies at a distance becuase on a computer monitor you don't have the ability to pick up on details from a distance away. Its just a way of breaking the boundaries of a computer monitor.

In real life most engagements happen over a large space where fire superiority matters. In CoD 4 you have guys whipping around in tight areas with M16s as if they weighed nothing and could fire like a sub machine gun.

If you really want to know how well that works, join the army, get into a small building, and watch yourself get lit up by even a pistol at those ranges.

icygangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 icygangsta
Member since 2006 • 2897 Posts

Metal Gear Online

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
This is quite simply the best thread ever. And anyone not answering ArmA2 has not played ArmA 2.
Avatar image for sdfgtrtgertfsde
sdfgtrtgertfsde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 sdfgtrtgertfsde
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
arma2 is trash period.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

HALO

SquireFelix

He said TACTICAL

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 pyromaniac223
I like how you linked a gun in ArmA2 that obviously isn't the AK-47. You are a masterful troll.
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Rainbow Six Vegas
sdfgtrtgertfsde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 sdfgtrtgertfsde
I like how you linked a gun in ArmA2 that obviously isn't the AK-47. You are a masterful troll.pyromaniac223
it is the ak-47 and it's modeled wrong ur are the troll ur making up lies it's the goddamn ak-47
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
Rainbow Six:Vegas
sdfgtrtgertfsde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 sdfgtrtgertfsde
arma2 sucks call of duty is more realistic and this thread should be closed too many dumbass kids here, think they know what's realistic or unrealistic in a first person shooter and never got a real gun in real life SHUT THE FOOK up
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]I like how you linked a gun in ArmA2 that obviously isn't the AK-47. You are a masterful troll.sdfgtrtgertfsde
it is the ak-47 and it's modeled wrong ur are the troll ur making up lies it's the goddamn ak-47

No sir. Unless AK''s have 100 bullet clips. And are machine guns.
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
Killzone 2 4vs4 clan match>any other shooter. Before this gen is over everyone must try it at least once or you're cheating yourself
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="chaotzu"]Killzone 2 4vs4 clan match>any other shooter. Before this gen is over everyone must try it at least once or you're cheating yourself

That's definitely not as realistic or tactical as ArmA 2.
Avatar image for rtgrftgretgdfgt
rtgrftgretgdfgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 rtgrftgretgdfgt
[QUOTE="sdfgtrtgertfsde"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]I like how you linked a gun in ArmA2 that obviously isn't the AK-47. You are a masterful troll.pyromaniac223

No sir. Unless AK''s have 100 bullet clips. And are machine guns.

it's a ak-47 with a giant clip how stupid are you? it's a tub clip. you can tell it's ak-47 by the square notch in the back of the guns stock. See here's the ak-47 without the tub clip and proving it's the ak-47 lol look at back of stock IT'S A AK-47 the crosshair and stock is same, just you get a modified version of ak-47 and regular in arma2 http://i30.tinypic.com/mwxsid.jpg http://i25.tinypic.com/nvcuua.jpg See the iron sights same
rtgrftgretgdfgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 rtgrftgretgdfgt
let's list arma2's flaws there was this one tiny fence like 1 foot tall and i couldnt even jump over it LOL hell so small you could of just walked over it, but in arma2 you had to walk around it you always run how do you constantly run without geting tired? that's fake the iron sights is modeled wrong list can go on arma2 will never outsell call of duty 4 on pc because it sucks
rtgrftgretgdfgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 rtgrftgretgdfgt
call of duty 4 iron sights and gameplay is more realistic case closed take it from me someone who's shot guns 20 years real life guns plus played first person shooters since 1992 LOL i shot real guns before even playing first person shooters.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="rtgrftgretgdfgt"]let's list arma2's flaws there was this one tiny fence like 1 foot tall and i couldnt even jump over it LOL hell so small you could of just walked over it, but in arma2 you had to walk around it you always run how do you constantly run without geting tired? that's fake the iron sights is modeled wrong list can go on arma2 will never outsell call of duty 4 on pc because it sucks

As you could see in that picture above, it obviously has that "little iron tip" that you wer talking about. Yes you can climb fences in ArmA2, you would know that if you had ever played it. Call of Duty 4 has no recoil whatsoever. ArmA2 does. CoD4 has no sort of stamina system. ArmA2 does. CoD4 has regenerating health, as if people in real life can just shrug bullets off seconds after being shot. ArmA2 does not partake in these shenanigans. CoD4 has no ballistics system. Guess what? ArmA2 does. This is pretty entertaining.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
What's your alt count up to now?
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 pyromaniac223
What's your alt count up to now?AAllxxjjnn
It's in the triple digits, and no, I'm not exaggerating in the slightest.
Avatar image for dfghfzfgdsffgfy
dfghfzfgdsffgfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 dfghfzfgdsffgfy
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="rtgrftgretgdfgt"]let's list arma2's flaws there was this one tiny fence like 1 foot tall and i couldnt even jump over it LOL hell so small you could of just walked over it, but in arma2 you had to walk around it you always run how do you constantly run without geting tired? that's fake the iron sights is modeled wrong list can go on arma2 will never outsell call of duty 4 on pc because it sucks

As you could see in that picture above, it obviously has that "little iron tip" that you wer talking about. Yes you can climb fences in ArmA2, you would know that if you had ever played it. Call of Duty 4 has no recoil whatsoever. ArmA2 does. CoD4 has no sort of stamina system. ArmA2 does. CoD4 has regenerating health, as if people in real life can just shrug bullets off seconds after being shot. ArmA2 does not partake in these shenanigans. CoD4 has no ballistics system. Guess what? ArmA2 does. This is pretty entertaining.

you cant even shoot through a wood table on arma2 how's that realistic ballistics? you can on call of duty 4 call of duty 4 has stamina bar, you can only sprint for alittle and then ur character stops running and u can hear him breathing fast out of breath. you always run in arma2 that's fake Here's a screenshot showing the part of the crosshair arma2 is missing for the ak-47 http://i30.tinypic.com/34eckmb.jpg LOL arma2 is so fake, you cant even step over a fence 12 inches tall LMFAO in real life if you get shot, in a non vital area you can keep fighting lol. call of duty 4 gameplay is more realistic period now stop typing LOL IGNORANCE IS BLISS
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#285 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I don't know what is sadder, how many alt accounts this guy has or how people keep on responding to him.
Avatar image for dfghfzfgdsffgfy
dfghfzfgdsffgfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 dfghfzfgdsffgfy
i already proved to you call of duty 4 is more realistic than arma 2 now accept it and move on with ur life.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 pyromaniac223
Yes you can step over a fence. Yes you can shot through wood. You can't run forever, and movement affects your aim, unlike CoD4
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts
I'm going to have to go with RSV2 especially on High Aces mode. You have to be scoped to hit something. Its got a good cover system and controls. Plus its just fun, and had some killer map design. Especially when they ported over the 4 older maps. Great online game with a strong community. plus with my SCAR or MP-7 I'd dominate :)
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 pyromaniac223
I don't know what is sadder, how many alt accounts this guy has or how people keep on responding to him.II-FBIsniper-II
It's fun. And I'm pretty much trapped here for today with nothing to do, so this helps pass the time, really.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#290 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
GRAW 2. Where's GRAW 3. I saw a thing about it on GS awhile ago. :(
pookie2232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 pookie2232
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts

GRAW 2 duh....

PYROISCLUELESS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 PYROISCLUELESS
Yes you can step over a fence. Yes you can shot through wood. You can't run forever, and movement affects your aim, unlike CoD4pyromaniac223
I think ur just making up lies to piss me off, to get a response that's all. When ur walking/hip firing in arma2 you shoot more accurate than call of duty's hipfire. WTF are you talking about, call of duty has recoil wtf are you talking about? LOL look at this screenshot you cant even jump over this fence dude. tell me which button lets me climb over it http://i30.tinypic.com/11kcyts.jpg ^ LOL cant even climb over that small fence. arma2 honestly is one of the crappiest games i ever played, the level design simply sucks compared to call of duty also.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#293 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="rtgrftgretgdfgt"]let's list arma2's flaws there was this one tiny fence like 1 foot tall and i couldnt even jump over it LOL hell so small you could of just walked over it, but in arma2 you had to walk around it you always run how do you constantly run without geting tired? that's fake the iron sights is modeled wrong list can go on arma2 will never outsell call of duty 4 on pc because it sucksdfghfzfgdsffgfy

you cant even shoot through a wood table on arma2 how's that realistic ballistics? you can on call of duty 4 call of duty 4 has stamina bar, you can only sprint for alittle and then ur character stops running and u can hear him breathing fast out of breath. you always run in arma2 that's fake Here's a screenshot showing the part of the crosshair arma2 is missing for the ak-47 http://i30.tinypic.com/34eckmb.jpg LOL arma2 is so fake, you cant even step over a fence 12 inches tall LMFAO in real life if you get shot, in a non vital area you can keep fighting lol. call of duty 4 gameplay is more realistic period now stop typing LOL IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Why do you keep making new accounts??? Its obvious this trolling is you again.

Avatar image for dfrgertgretgert
dfrgertgretgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 dfrgertgretgert
When people cant win a arguement they say ur trolling LOL. fail.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I'm going to just throw this one out there and see what people say:

Left 4 Dead.

Yes, I understand this is with zombies. However, the tactical part comes in when playing co-operatively. I think it forces teamplay in ways that other game fail at. Punishment for lone-wolfing is harsh when the AI director decides to throw waves of infected at you. On top of that, it provides easy ways to heal and help each other. It also provides immediate text feedback when you actually have aided a teammate. Sticking together becomes a frantic, desperate necessity.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts

[QUOTE="dfghfzfgdsffgfy"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] As you could see in that picture above, it obviously has that "little iron tip" that you wer talking about. Yes you can climb fences in ArmA2, you would know that if you had ever played it. Call of Duty 4 has no recoil whatsoever. ArmA2 does. CoD4 has no sort of stamina system. ArmA2 does. CoD4 has regenerating health, as if people in real life can just shrug bullets off seconds after being shot. ArmA2 does not partake in these shenanigans. CoD4 has no ballistics system. Guess what? ArmA2 does. This is pretty entertaining.kozzy1234

Why do you keep making new accounts??? Its obvious this trolling is you again.

i think hes trying to make a point, and he really angry or something
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Alpha-Male22
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="chaotzu"]Killzone 2 4vs4 clan match>any other shooter. Before this gen is over everyone must try it at least once or you're cheating yourself

That's definitely not as realistic or tactical as ArmA 2.

When did realism started getting tied in with tactical gameplay? Killzone 2 (provided you play the smaller matches) can be tactical, but why comment on its realism?
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Alpha-Male22

I'm going to just throw this one out there and see what people say:

Left 4 Dead.

Yes, I understand this is with zombies. However, the tactical part comes in when playing co-operatively. I think it forces teamplay in ways that other game fail at. Punishment for lone-wolfing is harsh when the AI director decides to throw waves of infected at you. On top of that, it provides easy ways to heal and help each other. It also provides immediate text feedback when you actually have aided a teammate. Sticking together becomes a frantic, desperate necessity.

VoodooHak
Fair enough, tactical gameplay does not have to be restricted to the traditional thinking. Though, I find that with L4D, the game would be more considered cooperatively adhesive rather than tactical... Then again being tactical seems to be about how co-operative you are. Good choice.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

gamers these days are so stupid it's no wonder the video game industry sucks These are the same dumbasses saying it's hard to aim with a controller no aim assist LOL no it's not it just takes practice.dfghfzfgdsffgfy

I've never seen someone make so many suicide accounts for the same thread. How rediculously pathetic is your life?