Best TACTICAL Online Shooter Out this Gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
[QUOTE="taj7575"]

ARMA 2 is probably the most realistic shooter ever released so far.

dfdfdsfdsfsdfsd
Hell no, call of duty 2 64 player server on pc feels like real ww2 foot battle. people everywhere on ur team and other team staking out places to take cover feels real, lol grenades everywhere.

The CoD series is far from real. Weapons don't react well, reloading times arn't correct, maps are tiny, ballistics aren't taken into consideration... CoD 2 is an arcade game. Great for competitive mulitplayer, but a horrible simulation of real life WWII combat.
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
ive seen it, its a man running through a field, and i couldnt see 1 ai, you just hear alot
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Wasdie  Moderator
so your saying the game isnt fun.... its realistic like heckStealthKnife
That is fun for me. To you it would be boring based on what I read and the obvious love of the CoD series from your avatar and your signature.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
It's realistic and tactical as all hell, but if that is your thing, it's the most fun game ever made. That's why it has such a rabid and dedicated community.
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 StealthKnife
[QUOTE="StealthKnife"]so your saying the game isnt fun.... its realistic like heckWasdie
That is fun for me. To you it would be boring based on what I read and the obvious love of the CoD series from your avatar and your signature.

well i like fast passed tactical shooters cod4 isnt tactical, but i loved the socom ps2 games online and off
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 StealthKnife

realistic.. doesnt mean boring. socom is a realistic yet fast pass game.. Arma 2 seems slow pace, but im not trying to attack the game.. it looks like a great idea. if i ever go back to PC gaming ill definetly check it out

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pyromaniac223
realistic.. doesnt mean boring socom is a realistic yet fast pass game.. Arma seems slow pace StealthKnife
Socom isn't realistic compared to ArmA2 though.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
l4d on advance or expert? u go to slow u get the hunter or smoker from behind...u try to be rambo u end up meeting the tank or a hunter...u have to have constant communication and always stick together...if not ur dead.....
Avatar image for ThaGreatness007
ThaGreatness007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ThaGreatness007
Member since 2008 • 535 Posts

ArmA II sounds good I will download the demo try it out. Might be to realistic for me tho, the long range gun-battles and engagements are to far inbetween also from the video's i have seen.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Wasdie  Moderator
realistic.. doesnt mean boring socom is a realistic yet fast pass game.. Arma seems slow pace StealthKnife
Real life is slow paced. Lots of hurry up and wait. When combat happens in ArmA 2, it can happen fast. Though just like in real life, combat takes awhile to happen. If you are a fire support squad, you don't get up and close with your enemy like most video games, you sit back and provide heavy amounts of suppressive fire for other teams. To them, combat is just shooting lots of bullets.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Depends on type:

close quarters: SWAT4

open spaces: Arma2

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Wasdie  Moderator

the gunplay is real, the people actually climb over small walls and there's a animations for the player. only unrealistic part pretty much is no shooting+sprinting. u should beable to sprint and shoot but just less accurate than walking and shooting lol.dfdfdsfdsfsdfsd

I want you to go take a MP40 and fire it from the hip while moving. I also want you to run while you reload any weapon from WWII.

The gunplay in CoD 2 is far from real. None of the guns act like their real world counterparts. They have all been balanced for online play and for general smoothness.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="dfdfdsfdsfsdfsd"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="dfdfdsfdsfsdfsd"] Hell no, call of duty 2 64 player server feels like real ww2 foot battle. people everywhere on ur team and other team staking out places to take cover feels real, lol grenades everywhere.

Atmosphere isn't realism.

the gunplay is real, the people actually climb over small walls and there's a animations for the player. only unrealistic part pretty much is no shooting+sprinting. u should beable to sprint and shoot but just less accurate than walking and shooting lol.

You be trollin
Avatar image for ThaGreatness007
ThaGreatness007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ThaGreatness007
Member since 2008 • 535 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthKnife"]realistic.. doesnt mean boring socom is a realistic yet fast pass game.. Arma seems slow pace Wasdie
Real life is slow paced. Lots of hurry up and wait. When combat happens in ArmA 2, it can happen fast. Though just like in real life, combat takes awhile to happen. If you are a fire support squad, you don't get up and close with your enemy like most video games, you sit back and provide heavy amounts of suppressive fire for other teams. To them, combat is just shooting lots of bullets.

That is exactly right wasdie that is what i try to tell my team in Vegas or SOCOM sit back and slow it down no need to rush and die in the first 20 sec. In CoD I tried that, slow down but you can't maps are to small and all players run the same speed no matter the baggage he is carrying.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
What about Red Orchestra?
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Wasdie  Moderator
What about Red Orchestra? Juggernaut140
Red Orchestra is extremely tatical and realistic if played correctly. Its very easy to get very gamey with that game and take the realistic combat feel out. So far Red Orchestra is one of the only WWII games that really hits the head on how WWII Combat was like. Though it is still pretty far from it.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AdrianWerner

Arma2 on a good server (like SimHQ one) with people who know how to play the game, there is hardly any online shooter experience that can compare to this.

If you're interested in simplier and faster PvP then RedOrchestra, America Army 3 and SWAT4 are all great. Plus Insurgency mod for HL2 and Project Reality mod for BF2

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Wasdie  Moderator

That is exactly right wasdie that is what i try to tell my team in Vegas or SOCOM sit back and slow it down no need to rush and die in the first 20 sec. In CoD I tried that, slow down but you can't maps are to small and all players run the same speed no matter the baggage he is carrying.

ThaGreatness007

Well still those games are made for competitive online play. Sure they are alot slower pace that Unreal Tounry or CoD but they are nowhere near realistic.

When I say that real life combat is slow, I mean it is slow as in it takes ages for it actually to happen. 90% of the time you are spent traveling to your destination. When you get there, you call in your air and fire support, level the enemy, then clean up whats left.

Also if we talk tanks, an M1A2 Abrams tank can engage a target from 4kms away at 45km/h. How is that fun for a video game? To be fair, even ArmA 2 nerfed the tanks so they wouldn't be unstoppable killing machines like they are in real life.

Avatar image for sdfsdtfgertsdfd
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

[QUOTE="dfdfdsfdsfsdfsd"] the gunplay is real, the people actually climb over small walls and there's a animations for the player. only unrealistic part pretty much is no shooting+sprinting. u should beable to sprint and shoot but just less accurate than walking and shooting lol.Wasdie

I want you to go take a MP40 and fire it from the hip while moving. I also want you to run while you reload any weapon from WWII.

The gunplay in CoD 2 is far from real. None of the guns act like their real world counterparts. They have all been balanced for online play and for general smoothness.

Wells let's see here i personally own a m1 carbine which is a rifle in call of duty 2 and it was used in world war 2 and vietnam. I have ran and hipshot the gun many times unload 30 shot clips pulling trigger fast as i can walking/running at hunter range back in the day lol. mp40 would be no problem. There's some flaws, but call of duty is much more representation of real world gunplay versus arma2 which you cant even jump
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="dfdfdsfdsfsdfsd"] the gunplay is real, the people actually climb over small walls and there's a animations for the player. only unrealistic part pretty much is no shooting+sprinting. u should beable to sprint and shoot but just less accurate than walking and shooting lol.sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Wells let's see here i personally own a m1 carbine which is a rifle in call of duty 2 and it was used in world war 2 and vietnam. I have ran and hipshot the gun many times unload 30 shot clips pulling trigger fast as i can walking/running at hunter range back in the day lol. mp40 would be no problem. There's some flaws, but call of duty is much more representation of real world gunplay versus arma2 which you cant even jump

We've been through this dance before. You claim to have shot these weapons, and that all your methods of doing so, despite generally being considered idiocy by every trained armed service on the globe, are the only correct, efficient ones. You then get banned for being yet another alt account.
ThePistolGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ThePistolGod
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts

Lol, funny guy.

Tactical shooter this gen? LMAO.

When games like COD4 get called realistic, you know tactical shooters died out awhile ago.

I haven't had the chance to play ArmA II but I guess I'll give it to that, due to the fact that there's absolutely nothing else that deserves the title of tactical shooter. Everything has been casualized.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AdrianWerner

but call of duty is much more representation of real world gunplay versus arma2 which you cant even jump sdfsdtfgertsdfd
In real world combat soldiers do not go bunny hopping. CoD doesn't even have a bullet physics. Plus I think every army would kill to have soldiers who can take multiple shots in the chest and still run away and then quickly regenerate :)

sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 sdfsdtfgertsdfd

[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]but call of duty is much more representation of real world gunplay versus arma2 which you cant even jump AdrianWerner

In real world combat soldiers do not go bunny hopping. CoD doesn't even have a bullet physics. Plus I think every army would kill to have soldiers who can take multiple shots in the chest and still run away and then quickly regenerate :)

call of duty 2 you cant bunnyhop you can jump a few inches about it, and you can climb over walls and has animations for that. only games like painkiller and quake let you bunnyhop.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]and do i need to post a picture of my weapon? to prove i know more what im talking about i shoot real guns and play games u only play games u know nothing about real weapons please keep ur foolish hands off the keyboard for now on.

Claims aren't proof. We've danced THIS dance too.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

[QUOTE="freek666"]

CSS. Y'all know it to be true.

Juggernaut140

What are you doing in my System Wars Freek? :x ;)

Repping mah systemz dawg. Recognise. ;)

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]but call of duty is much more representation of real world gunplay versus arma2 which you cant even jump sdfsdtfgertsdfd

call of duty 2 you cant bunnyhop you can jump a few inches about it, and you can climb over walls and has animations for that. only games like painkiller and quake let you bunnyhop.

you can jump higher than few inches and people constantly jump everytime they encounter the enemy, that's the basic style most COD2 players have, not to mention they don't even stop moving while firing, because movement hardly affects the aiming at all.

sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]and do i need to post a picture of my weapon? to prove i know more what im talking about i shoot real guns and play games u only play games u know nothing about real weapons please keep ur foolish hands off the keyboard for now on.

claims,? i can post a picture of my name on a goddamn piece of paper laying on my goddamn m1 carbine it's a weapon given to me when i was a kid by my gun enthusiast father. now dude, i have shot guns since i was like 4 and im 24 now. i know more about shooting guns than anyone here or first person shooters.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

What the hell?

Vegas / Vegas 2?
COD4?
HALO 3?

At least GRAW is getting warmer to the genre.

ArmA II

Without a damn question its indisputable.

It seems asthough people throw around 'tactical' for any shooter.

sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sdfsdtfgertsdfd

[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]In real world combat soldiers do not go bunny hopping. CoD doesn't even have a bullet physics. Plus I think every army would kill to have soldiers who can take multiple shots in the chest and still run away and then quickly regenerate :)

AdrianWerner

you can jump higher than few inches and people constantly jump everytime they encounter the enemy, that's the basic style most COD2 players have, not to mention they don't even stop moving while firing, because movement hardly affects the aiming at all.

Well someone pointed a gun at me in real life and i jumped the hell out of the way because someone was gonna tow my car and i was gonna kick his ass so he got scared and pulled a gun on me.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Like others have said, nothing comes close to ArmA 2. That game is fierce.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
call of duty 2 is most realistic foot battle shooter out there.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]and do i need to post a picture of my weapon? to prove i know more what im talking about i shoot real guns and play games u only play games u know nothing about real weapons please keep ur foolish hands off the keyboard for now on.

claims,? i can post a picture of my name on a goddamn piece of paper laying on my goddamn m1 carbine it's a weapon given to me when i was a kid by my gun enthusiast father. now dude, i have shot guns since i was like 4 and im 24 now. i know more about shooting guns than anyone here or first person shooters.

As the phrase goes, "Put up or shut up." You obviously don't know that much about shooting guns, because you seem to think sprinting and shooting or jumping and shooting is a viable strategy in a firefight.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#87 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]The people in the usa army/services are mostly people who didnt grow up shooting guns their only experience with guns is shooting them in training the goverment gave them. i have been shooting guns since i was a kid 20 years now, i could out shoot all of these so called trained assfaces.

I would LOVE to see that. And this is about as far as I'll go toward feeding the troll. I'll just leave you to your habit of posting 20 times successively in a thread, talking to yourself.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"]The people in the usa army/services are mostly people who didnt grow up shooting guns their only experience with guns is shooting them in training the goverment gave them. i have been shooting guns since i was a kid 20 years now, i could out shoot all of these so called trained assfaces.sdfsdtfgertsdfd
I would LOVE to see that. And this is about as far as I'll go toward feeding the troll. I'll just leave you to your habit of posting 20 times successively in a thread, talking to yourself.

No seriously i have been shooting guns since i was born basically dude and im 24. The kids in army are like 24 and never shot guns untill they joined the army they have about 1 year of training experience with guns LOL id own the piss out of anyone in army in shooting i know more about shooting than the goddamn government.

Nah, you would just piss your pants and break down in combat, while those "army boys" would have to save your silly ass

sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sdfsdtfgertsdfd

[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] I would LOVE to see that. And this is about as far as I'll go toward feeding the troll. I'll just leave you to your habit of posting 20 times successively in a thread, talking to yourself.AdrianWerner

No seriously i have been shooting guns since i was born basically dude and im 24. The kids in army are like 24 and never shot guns untill they joined the army they have about 1 year of training experience with guns LOL id own the piss out of anyone in army in shooting i know more about shooting than the goddamn government.

Nah, you would just piss your pants and break down in combat, while those "army boys" would have to save your silly ass

nobody in the army is more accurate with a gun. id beat any damn so called navy seal in real life gunfight for my life.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sdfsdtfgertsdfd

[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] I would LOVE to see that. And this is about as far as I'll go toward feeding the troll. I'll just leave you to your habit of posting 20 times successively in a thread, talking to yourself.AdrianWerner

USA army truly is poorly trained, never heard of kernel custards army getting slaughtered by indians? they american troops just walked out in the open in like a marching pattern lol. while the indians were hiding in bush's and tree's and killed their stupid ass with bow and arrows. LOL BUT THE USA people were trained and still lost.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AdrianWerner

nobody in the army is more accurate with a gun. id beat any damn so called navy seal in real life gunfight for my life.sdfsdtfgertsdfd
Even a crippled retired navy seal would massacre you in real life gunfight.

Och..btw..Did you know that I've been driving stuff my whole life and I say Mario Kart is the most realistic racing game ever made :lol:

sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 sdfsdtfgertsdfd

[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"] nobody in the army is more accurate with a gun. id beat any damn so called navy seal in real life gunfight for my life.AdrianWerner

Even a crippled retired navy seal would massacre you in real life gunfight.

Och..btw..Did you know that I've been driving stuff my whole life and I say Mario Kart is the most realistic racing game ever made :lol:

I freaking hate when people who have no knownledge of real guns are try to argue against me Dude in call of duty if ur hip firing and burst fire it's kinda accurate if you start walking and shooing it's less accurate if you do fully automatic it's less accurate. it's not perfect, but it's sure as hell more realistic than the crap you call arma2 shoot guns isnt about training it's about knowing what the other persons gonna do next.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#96 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="sdfsdtfgertsdfd"] No seriously i have been shooting guns since i was born basically dude and im 24. The kids in army are like 24 and never shot guns untill they joined the army they have about 1 year of training experience with guns LOL id own the piss out of anyone in army in shooting i know more about shooting than the goddamn government.sdfsdtfgertsdfd

nobody in the army is more accurate with a gun. id beat any damn so called navy seal in real life gunfight for my life.

You do realize you would first have to find that Navy Seal right? Can't shoot something you can't see.

sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
im part native american and all seals are doing is copying what the indians did. it's common sense for me lol, id find him smoke his ass out of the woods.
sdfsdtfgertsdfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 sdfsdtfgertsdfd
desert? well you can tell if somethings fake or out of place
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 AdrianWerner

dude in call of duty if ur hip firing and burst fire it's kinda accurate if you start walking and shooing it's less accurate if you do fully automatic it's less accurate. it's not perfect, but it's sure as hell more realistic than the crap you call arma2 shoot sdfsdtfgertsdfd
shooting from hip ? In real world? Lmao :D At most that's viable only for surpressing.

You have no clue about real world warfare.