Battlefield 3 Official Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"] Just donate the old parts :P I have an 8800GT sitting doing absolutely nothing. Mind you I do also plan on building a new PC by the end of this year, my Q6600/HD5870 are starting to show some age.

Alpha-Male22

The old part would be a GTX570 and I think I will sell that and put the money towards my new GPU (if needed to max BF3) ;).

U really going to donate to him? :O

lol no I said I am going to sell it, not donate. If it was a piece of junk maybe lol, but I cannot donate a GTX570. I am not made of money you know :P.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

To me neither. With the medic weapons you want to hold back and give cover. Yet because of having medikits you're always in the frontline. Now the assault will be able to recover health during combat, and the ammo may finally be of use as there are fewer people up front with ammo boxes. Assault takes the greatest risks and can get the highest points through rezzing/healing. Sounds great to me.KungfuKitten

The medic/assault soldier is called RIFLEMEN. They are hybrid soldiers: can choose between advanced medical tools (defib) or under-barreled attachments (grenade launchers).

I didn't like the combo; I think that Engineers would fit better using PDWs/SMGs (P90, MP7, Magpul PDW...) and Medics then would use carbines (M4, SCAR-L, HK 416...) and Assault full rifles (M16A2, Barret Rec 7...) or even designated marksman rifles (FN MK 23, M110 SSAS...).

but seems so far that works in that way:

-Riflemen: assault rifles, and either defibrillator or underbarrel attachments, and health packs.

-Support: light machineguns, ammunition boxes.

-Engineer: carbines, tactical flashlight, rocket launchers, repair tool.

-Recon: sniper rifles (or designated marksman ones), C4 demolition charges.

-The squad leader can call some kind of UAVs or mark targets for mortars in some way.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts
Gamespot is saying that a investor claims BF3 will have 3 times the amount of DLC than Bad Company 2. Not sure if that's a good thing yet. EA may be looking to take advantage of our wallets.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Gamespot is saying that a investor claims BF3 will have 3 times the amount of DLC than Bad Company 2. Not sure if that's a good thing yet. EA may be looking to take advantage of our wallets. Mystic-G
Hopefully that just means free dlc, I'd sure as hell hate for them to go down the route of nickel and dime-ing everybody like some franchises...
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#55 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]Gamespot is saying that a investor claims BF3 will have 3 times the amount of DLC than Bad Company 2. Not sure if that's a good thing yet. EA may be looking to take advantage of our wallets. Inconsistancy
Hopefully that just means free dlc, I'd sure as hell hate for them to go down the route of nickel and dime-ing everybody like some franchises...

Really? EA is planning to milk Battlefield 3 as much as it can until the next game comes out.

lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

I'm afraid my C2D and my 4850 will render this game ala N64 @ 5 fps.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

The old part would be a GTX570 and I think I will sell that and put the money towards my new GPU (if needed to max BF3) ;).

NaveedLife

U really going to donate to him? :O

lol no I said I am going to sell it, not donate. If it was a piece of junk maybe lol, but I cannot donate a GTX570. I am not made of money you know :P.

How much do u reckon it'd cost to run BF3 minimum? I REALLY want to play it on PC, but I have no money nor the intelligence to understand PC gaming. I still cant tell u the difference between RAM, GPU, and CPU :cry:
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Mystic-G
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"] U really going to donate to him? :OAlpha-Male22

How much do u reckon it'd cost to run BF3 minimum? I REALLY want to play it on PC, but I have no money nor the intelligence to understand PC gaming. I still cant tell u the difference between RAM, GPU, and CPU :cry:

I'm sure a $600 gaming PC will run the game easily.
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Mystic-G

Man I still dont know how to start. I have to get on it

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Mystic-G

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"][QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"] How much do u reckon it'd cost to run BF3 minimum? I REALLY want to play it on PC, but I have no money nor the intelligence to understand PC gaming. I still cant tell u the difference between RAM, GPU, and CPU :cry:Alpha-Male22

If you were serious about it, I'd tell you to go to the PC Hardware section and ask them what a good build would be for a set amount of money you would wish to spend (including the operating system). There are tons of videos on youtube on how to build a computer. It's nowhere near as hard as people assume it is.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Still no PS3 footage? I heard they are showing the PC/PS3 version atE3 and I just want to see how it looks.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"]

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]I'm sure a $600 gaming PC will run the game easily.Mystic-G

If you were serious about it, I'd tell you to go to the PC Hardware section and ask them what a good build would be for a set amount of money you would wish to spend (including the operating system). There are tons of videos on youtube on how to build a computer. It's nowhere near as hard as people assume it is.

What he has been saying. It can be a bit intimidating picking out the right parts, but its not that difficult really. Building the computer is prett simple actually, unless you get a case or part that wants to cause frustrations lol. But its really fun when you get the hang of it. I would say you could run BF3 very well on low settings for $600. Maybe medium but I doubt it, as I am expecting some high requirements. But I might be wrong, we will have to wait and see.

2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts
my problem is I'm so indecisive with my pc builds.. I'm still trying to choose between AMD and INTEL cpus. my amd FX55 is still running over clocked to this day :lol:
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mystic-G

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"][QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"]

NaveedLife

What he has been saying. It can be a bit intimidating picking out the right parts, but its not that difficult really. Building the computer is prett simple actually, unless you get a case or part that wants to cause frustrations lol. But its really fun when you get the hang of it. I would say you could run BF3 very well on low settings for $600. Maybe medium but I doubt it, as I am expecting some high requirements. But I might be wrong, we will have to wait and see.

Well I figure for a $600 build you'll have a GTS 450 which will most likely easily run it on medium.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#65 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I saw somebody wondering about jumping.

Bf2 had jumping but it killed your sprint. Jumping has never been a big part of the battlefield franchise. The maps were always far to large for it to be of any use. We needed it in BC2 to get over the destruction but they seem to be working on making the destruction work much better in Bf3.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 The_Capitalist

Jumping probably won't be very necessary - I guess it has been transformed into a hybrid jump/vault depending on where you press the space bar.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Best game at E3 for sure.

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#68 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

It's disappointing that the player count is still pretty low on consoles. But other than that the game looks awesome.

smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
Everything is looking amazing, but i personally think that assault should have the ammo boxes. Usually the guys with the assault gun would go in and the Medic with the LMG follows behind and revives. Now that its the opposite you have a guy with a LMG running in lol.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Wasdie  Moderator

Everything is looking amazing, but i personally think that assault should have the ammo boxes. Usually the guys with the assault gun would go in and the Medic with the LMG follows behind and revives. Now that its the opposite you have a guy with a LMG running in lol. smokingsbad

Well medic + LMG = extremely overpowered. Assaults are to much of lone wolves with ammoboxes. The whole point is for teamwork. Make the assault guys have 2 distinct roles, have the support guys have 2 distinct roles. Each class has really 2-3 distinct roles that need to be played in order for the team to be successful.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I remember watching some off cam footage and a guy was jumping. It's just a very small jump. Like in real life if you had to carry all that weight.It's nothing like BC2's jump which had you soaring through the air like Michael Jordan. In BC2 as soon as you start shooting someone they just jump all over the place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="smokingsbad"]Everything is looking amazing, but i personally think that assault should have the ammo boxes. Usually the guys with the assault gun would go in and the Medic with the LMG follows behind and revives. Now that its the opposite you have a guy with a LMG running in lol. Wasdie

Well medic + LMG = extremely overpowered. Assaults are to much of lone wolves with ammoboxes. The whole point is for teamwork. Make the assault guys have 2 distinct roles, have the support guys have 2 distinct roles. Each class has really 2-3 distinct roles that need to be played in order for the team to be successful.

Exactly. The new layout forces teamwork and now medic's won't go rambo style. and the medic is actually needed because we don't have regenerating health anymore (well hopefull anyway) according to the health % bar we saw

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

BF3 on PC in DX11 looks bloody awesome.On consoles?Well...what to say?5 months to go,no console footage.That tells me enough.People are unfairly comparing 360 footage of MW3 running at 60fps and BF3 footage played on PC,at highest settings and DX11,thats all I got to say.

DICE should show of console footage,instead bragging around and showing absolutely nothing 5 months before it releases.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mystic-G

5 months to go,no console footage.That tells me enough.

Bus-A-Bus
This... is how PC gamers feel when they have to wait till the month of release before anything PC is shown.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Nice details except one. No commander. That's a huge issue imho, in BF2 having a commander coordinating squads was pretty essential at times, during competitive games. It made coordination a helluvalot better and the chain of command system much more interesting. I'm curious to find out why it was removed.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 skrat_01

I saw somebody wondering about jumping.

Bf2 had jumping but it killed your sprint. Jumping has never been a big part of the battlefield franchise. The maps were always far to large for it to be of any use. We needed it in BC2 to get over the destruction but they seem to be working on making the destruction work much better in Bf3.

Wasdie
All after the glorious days of dolphin diving.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Mystic-G
This... is how PC gamers feel when they have to wait till the month of release before anything PC is shown.

We usually have to wait 'til release day to see how it looks/controls on PC x.x. And they showed like 3 seconds of the ps3 version, forgot who posted the screenshot, or what thread it was in though.
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Mystic-G
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Nice details except one. No commander. That's a huge issue imho, in BF2 having a commander coordinating squads was pretty essential at times, during competitive games. It made coordination a helluvalot better and the chain of command system much more interesting. I'm curious to find out why it was removed.

Very good point. This is a undeniable truth. I've played many BF2 rounds where a good commander could change the outcome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Nice details except one. No commander. That's a huge issue imho, in BF2 having a commander coordinating squads was pretty essential at times, during competitive games. It made coordination a helluvalot better and the chain of command system much more interesting. I'm curious to find out why it was removed.Mystic-G
Very good point. This is a undeniable truth. I've played many BF2 rounds where a good commander could change the outcome.

I thought they still had it but it was changed

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#80 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Nice details except one. No commander. That's a huge issue imho, in BF2 having a commander coordinating squads was pretty essential at times, during competitive games. It made coordination a helluvalot better and the chain of command system much more interesting. I'm curious to find out why it was removed.skrat_01
Looks like they're replacing it with squad leader, notice the star next to your name? In the Game Informer issue they say they want to make commanding more accessible.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Mystic-G

I'm a PC gamer to,and I agree,but consoles are more than 50% of their revenue and when you are releasing "missleading" trailers and constantly bashing cometition that is actually showing console version running at twice frame rate thats IMO a bit stupid move.Nothing against DICE,just a thought...

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Mystic-G

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"][QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

I'm a PC gamer to,and I agree,but consoles are more than 50% of their revenue and when you are releasing "missleading" trailers and constantly bashing cometition that is actually showing console version running at twice frame rate thats IMO a bit stupid move.Nothing against DICE,just a thought...

DICE has stated many times that the console version have benefited from development on the PC so. I think all that'll matter is that it looks better than BFBC2 on console which I think is a given at this point. Gametrailers even said they had a tough time telling the difference between the versions of the game soooo... yea... can't look too bad.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Am I the only one amazed by the amount of changes from the BC games to BF3? Especially compared to how simple the "improvements" are in the CoD games. I'm not trying to bash CoD here, but when yo compare the two franchices it's obvious to see the most "innovative" developer/franchise.
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"] This... is how PC gamers feel when they have to wait till the month of release before anything PC is shown.Mystic-G

DICE has stated many times that the console version have benefited from development on the PC so. I think all that'll matter is that it looks better than BFBC2 on console which I think is a given at this point. Gametrailers even said they had a tough time telling the difference between the versions of the game soooo... yea... can't look too bad.

Yea,and Crytek said the same but in other order :) Its not that I don't trust them,but,if console version look as good as best looking FPS on consoles they would probably show it proudly.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Nice details except one. No commander. That's a huge issue imho, in BF2 having a commander coordinating squads was pretty essential at times, during competitive games. It made coordination a helluvalot better and the chain of command system much more interesting. I'm curious to find out why it was removed.seanmcloughlin

I thought they still had it but it was changed

I hope the commander is in the game, but how? WIth squad leaders gaining more influence I'm having a hard time seeing how they can implement commanders.
Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

new 12 minute multiplayer gameplay, looks amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jojLszhAft8

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
So someone told me that BF3 didn't have lean? Is that true? I missed the live e3 conference
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 The_Capitalist

So someone told me that BF3 didn't have lean? Is that true? I missed the live e3 conferenceferret-gamer

Doesn't look like it. The game doesn't really need it anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-59b71619573a1

ghostwarrior786

I remember watchinf that whole feed along with some others and man it was disappointing. This footage from it was the only good thing out of about 2 and a half hours.

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
I think im the only one hyped for this game on the Wii U :D It means I can sell my milkage 360 finally.
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ghostwarrior786

[QUOTE="ghostwarrior786"]

seanmcloughlin

I remember watchinf that whole feed along with some others and man it was disappointing. This footage from it was the only good thing out of about 2 and a half hours.

where are these people playing the game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

ghostwarrior786

It was a multiplayer area in the DICE booth. They all got to go in and play a full match against each other and then another group came in

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 skrat_01

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Nice details except one. No commander. That's a huge issue imho, in BF2 having a commander coordinating squads was pretty essential at times, during competitive games. It made coordination a helluvalot better and the chain of command system much more interesting. I'm curious to find out why it was removed.mitu123

Looks like they're replacing it with squad leader, notice the star next to your name? In the Game Informer issue they say they want to make commanding more accessible.

Nope didn't notice the star but that's intriguing.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Wasdie  Moderator

I think im the only one hyped for this game on the Wii U :D It means I can sell my milkage 360 finally.The_Pacific

You do know it hasn't been confirmed the game is coming to the Wii U and you'll be waiting at least a year after it is launched to play right?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Nice details except one. No commander. That's a huge issue imho, in BF2 having a commander coordinating squads was pretty essential at times, during competitive games. It made coordination a helluvalot better and the chain of command system much more interesting. I'm curious to find out why it was removed.skrat_01

The problem with commanders they are so damn hit or miss. You're entire team shouldn't suffer because of a bad commander. Giving the squad leaders more power will balance that power and give a much better chance for the team.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ghostwarrior786

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Looks like they're replacing it with squad leader, notice the star next to your name? In the Game Informer issue they say they want to make commanding more accessible.

Wasdie

The problem with commanders they are so damn hit or miss. You're entire team shouldn't suffer because of a bad commander. Giving the squad leaders more power will balance that power and give a much better chance for the team.

how will team leaders be selected?

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ghostwarrior786

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

It was a multiplayer area in the DICE booth. They all got to go in and play a full match against each other and then another group came in

its so unfair in the UK we get nothing. there should be atleast 1 big gaming convention here so we get to check out all the new games.

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]I think im the only one hyped for this game on the Wii U :D It means I can sell my milkage 360 finally.Wasdie

You do know it hasn't been confirmed the game is coming to the Wii U and you'll be waiting at least a year after it is launched to play right?

Im going on what the EA president said at the E3 conference. Plus i'm illing to wait that long, I hate paying for XBL. BF3 coming to the wiiU would be the best news of the year IMO.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]I think im the only one hyped for this game on the Wii U :D It means I can sell my milkage 360 finally.Wasdie

We know they have some kind of Battlefield in the works for Wii U.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

I'm glad jumping is being downplayed or replaced with something better.

Man oh man do I hate when I play a MP match and some dude is hopping around like a rabbit to avoid taking shots. It just instantly breaks all immersion for me, along with being annoying as hell.