Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#151 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@tormentos said:

You don't need much to chart on April NPD 80k is probably enough probably even less.

And 6,000% jump without the actual number of copies being sold + the one sold on that month doesn't say much.

6,000% increase over nothing still is nothing..

Care to show me how you can have a 6000% increase from nothing. I will wait for your voodoo math to play out.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By NeonicTrash
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@kvally: You gotta pay for all of those right?

If BC was so in demand, why isn't it a basic feature of the console?

They charge because BC alone isn't a big enough draw to bring people to the console, so they decided to monetize the little demand that was there to make their efforts worth their while. Otherwise they wouldn't bother.

If BC on the Xbox One was so popular, Sony wouldn't be charging you extra to download the games as it would be a requested feature for the entire console.

You wanting BC to be popular doesn't make it popular. Even Nintendo dropped BC with the Switch, forcing you to rebuy games on their virtual console. If it was so in demand, why did Nintendo drop it?

This is some hilarious, twisted ass logic right here.

You think most Playstation users wouldn't welcome full free BC with open arms? Of course they would and I've heard these sentiments online ever since PS4 launch. You can't pretend no PS4 owner has ever asked for or pined for BC.

Sony and Nintendo not offering BC has to do with...wild concept incoming...making more $ by charging people to repay for games they've already bought. That, and Switch/Wii U incompatibilities, and the whole PS3 cell architecture thing.

Majority of X1 owners were pleased when BC was announced, and there has been a lot of participation in the voting for titles, which ones people wanted the most.

The OP invalidated his own point. The huge uptick in sales for Red Dead proves when a major last gen title like that becomes playable on the One, a lot of people will buy it, to play on their One. What its sales were before that are irrelevant. The huge uptick proves people care when a landmark AAA release such as that becomes playable on X1. The people that already owned it could just use their disc, but those new buyers...are further proof not EVERYONE played EVERY SINGLE AAA last gen already and I'm one of them. I have my 360 hooked up to my TV but because of BC I have to turn it on less and less to play 360 era games, which I'd rather just play on my 1, with the 1 controller.

This study is flawed and was a small sample size. Also, since it's free it's very pro consumer. I don't care if hardly anyone uses Game Pass over the next year. It's an optional, cheap, great feature that I plan to try sometime. Whole logic of this thread, as with most anti-Xbox threads is as dead as the Vita and PSP.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#153 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@NeonicTrash: BC is played when it's available, it's not heavily demanded and does not seem to have a big influence on sales of a console when it's absent. That's the point I was making.

Why is that such a difficult concept to comprehend?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#154 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

I think that it would be foolish to feel that backwards compatibility is unimportant. This survey doesn't really tell me enough to convince me otherwise. The more important information is over a longer time, how consumers perceive its value when they purchase a system, and how profitable it is overall. Just because you take a moment in time and don't see a lot of people playing bc games doesn't disprove its usefulness or benefits.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 NeonicTrash

@pinkanimal said:

It's also pretty sad that 50% of the time they spend it in non gaming related activities.

Current gen (discounting Nintendo's nonsense past 2 gens) consoles now more than ever have become multimedia centers for people...Netflix, Youtube, etc.

Your probably imagining that a huge percentage of PS4 users aren't also using their PS4 for the same apps, Netflix, etc.

You'd be wrong.

If your looking for the 100% of the time only game playing console, I guess that'd be the Switch, which has no freaking apps.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

This thread is golden, I can't stop laughing man!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#157 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@NeonicTrash: some people don't get it. They feel that if it doesn't sell more consoles it's a useless feature.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

Lol whatevs... all I know is that I love having access to 360 games and I use the BC feature all the time.

Cows can pretend that they don't want BC, but we all know that if Sony were the ones who introduced it, they'd be praising the shit out of it.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@Archangel3371: a good example as to how BC is not so relevant to gamers is the PS3. It launched with full BC, actually more BC than any other console ever and Sony took it away without much backlash. In fact they started selling many more PS3s after the feature was taken away since the price went down. So gamers clearly cared way more about price than BC.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Cows gonna cow. A free feature, no matter how little use it gets, is still a free feature and a bonus. The fact that X1 owners get it for free while PS4 owners have to pay for remakes, remasters and for streaming just shows how butthurt you all really are. The fear of Scorpio and pain of having to pay for BC has finally brought the cows down to their breaking points hahaha it's very amusing to see.

Don't worry, Sony will declare BC is relevant again after they figure out a way to screw you out of more money.

Cows, you're not just the clowns of SWs, you're suckers as well.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kvally said:

@NeonicTrash: some people don't get it. They feel that if it doesn't sell more consoles it's a useless feature.

Think about what you just said again, but like, say it slower.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 PinkAnimal

@Shewgenja: I'm convinced he's just a troll or just too dumb.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

@Shewgenja: I'm convinced he's just a troll or just too dumb.

You missed the lord and master, ProjectNatalFan. KVally is actually fun to debate with. PNF took this stuff like, gospelly serious.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 PinkAnimal

@Shewgenja: if you say so. I find it frustrating when you are debating with someone who apparently can't even read.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#165  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@kvally said:

Here is more proof that nobody wants BC nor plays BC:

https://majornelson.com/2016/11/10/xbox-one-backward-compatibility-turns-one-skate-3-available-today/

As of November 2016:

We’re thrilled with the response and engagement we’ve seen from the community with more than 210 million hours of gameplay logged

What? According to userbase from last year, that's 7 hours or lower in average on monthly basis. That's frickin LOW. Nothing that you should be proud of.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 mowgly1
@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

You don't need much to chart on April NPD 80k is probably enough probably even less.

And 6,000% jump without the actual number of copies being sold + the one sold on that month doesn't say much.

6,000% increase over nothing still is nothing..

Care to show me how you can have a 6000% increase from nothing. I will wait for your voodoo math to play out.

Amazon's Movers & Shakers list, which tracks sales ranking and notes increases, lists a 6329% rise for Red Dead Redemption and currently lists it at as the 17th most popular video game on the site. It was previously at No. 1093.

I'm pretty sure that game is selling like crap when is at 1093rd place.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kvally

@Shewgenja: sorry I wasn't aware we were talking to fast for you. Did you want me to reply in one word posts multiquoted?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 kvally

@mowgly1: what would I be proud of? Not sure we follow you.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 mowgly1

@kvally said:

7 hours or lower in average on monthly basis is a LOW number. Get it? Good. So much about Xbone users playing last-gen games.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By kvally

@mowgly1 said:
@kvally said:

7 hours or lower in average on monthly basis is a LOW number. Get it? Good. So much about Xbone users playing last-gen games.

If that is your claim, that's cool. Though I wasn't aware all 30 million Xbox One owners were playing BC games, though I am pretty sure Phil stated 50% are. You enjoy making stuff up I see.

Though I don't know what that has to do with me?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#171 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

@pinkanimal: Well I'm sure price does factor into it if you can offer backwards compatibility at no extra cost for the consumer like Microsoft has done with the Xbox One for 360 games then I'm sure consumers will overwhelmingly support it. That seems only obvious.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 mowgly1

@kvally said:
@mowgly1 said:
@kvally said:

If that is your claim, that's cool. Though I wasn't aware all 30 million Xbox One owners were playing BC games, though I am pretty sure Phil stated 50% are. You enjoy making stuff up I see.

You tried to spin numbers like it's something big. But it's not. Hours spent on playing X360 are lower than average. So, Xbone users don't spend much time playing X360 games.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 kvally

@mowgly1 said:
@kvally said:
@mowgly1 said:
@kvally said:

You tried to spin numbers like it's something big. But it's not. Hours spent on playing X360 are lower than average. So, Xbone users don't spend much time playing X360 games.

Dude, you keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. We are still waiting for your backup.

BTW, what does this have to do with me? What would I be proud of or not proud of? Not sure we follow you?

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@davillain-: Damage Control at its highest level. Then they double down on their previous illogical post.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By mowgly1

@kvally said:

Dude, you keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. We are still waiting for your backup.

BTW, what does this have to do with me? What would I be proud of or not proud of? Not sure we follow you?

LOL! You bury yourself, not me.

Xbone users don't spend much time playing X360 games. BC NEVER was a big thing and it won't be as you, Xbone fans thinks it is. BC also didn't pushed Xbone sales in any way.

Cheers!

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 NeonicTrash

@tigerbalm said:

BC is important the first year or two of a console's release, after that no one really plays those game. One anomaly on a console with no exlusives is the exception and not the rule.

Yeah...nobody plays games from any past gen. That'd be like...retro gaming, right? And retro gaming is totally not a thing. There are no websites, forums, retro gaming conventions, or Youtube channels with millions of subscribers that have anything to do with old games.

In fact since the release of PS4 and X1, I don't think a single person has ever powered on any console that came before 2013. That was the great schism in global gaming, when nobody ever played an old game, again.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@oflow: I love jokes

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#178 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@mowgly1:

Makes sense. I sure as hell didn't buy an Xbox One to play 360 games. I'm surprised that so many users use their XBone to do regular tv stuff. It's a videogame console! You can use Netflix and YouTube on literally any device, any time you want!

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@NeonicTrash: If you want to be that extreme then fine. I just inferring that it doesn't move units especially after a year or so. I apologize, i didn't mean to hurt any feelings. I hope you can forgive me.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I find it sad that almost 50% of the time lems don't even play games on their console. Instead they are watching Netflix and TV. The lack of games is a serious problem on the Bone, no wonder lems have so much free time to troll forums and bash PS4 lol.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@kvally: does that list mean I can put my PS3 game disc in my PS4 and it will run, like X360 games do in the X1 ( given of course the game is in the library ) ?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@NeonicTrash said:
@tigerbalm said:

BC is important the first year or two of a console's release, after that no one really plays those game. One anomaly on a console with no exlusives is the exception and not the rule.

Yeah...nobody plays games from any past gen. That'd be like...retro gaming, right? And retro gaming is totally not a thing. There are no websites, forums, retro gaming conventions, or Youtube channels with millions of subscribers that have anything to do with old games.

In fact since the release of PS4 and X1, I don't think a single person has ever powered on any console that came before 2013. That was the great schism in global gaming, when nobody ever played an old game, again.

LOL. Well said.

Basically, Sony doesn't know how or doesn't think it's worth bringing BC to PS4... they can't make enough money from it. Like said earlier, they'd rather charge for PS Now and release remasters. #ForthePlayers

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By kvally

@mowgly1 said:
@kvally said:

LOL! You bury yourself, not me.

Xbone users don't spend much time playing X360 games. BC NEVER was a big thing and it won't be as you, Xbone fans thinks it is. BC also didn't pushed Xbone sales in any way.

Cheers!

As a PC/PS Pro/Xbox One gamer, the only thing I am proud of is we have lots of options. The fact that 210 million hours of Xbox 360 games on Xbox one last November doesn't impact me at all. What DOES impact me is that I have the option to play BC games on my Xbox, on my PS and my PC. BC on all my devices is awesome! That is what I am talking about....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great time to be a gamer.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@quadknight said:

I find it sad that almost 50% of the time lems don't even play games on their console. Instead they are watching Netflix and TV. The lack of games is a serious problem on the Bone, no wonder lems have so much free time to troll forums and bash PS4 lol.

And yet cows troll far more than lems, sheep or hermits.

Guess you're saying
A) cows don't have any games
B) cows are so pathetic they'd rather troll forums that play on their PS4s
C) they hate other consoles more than they love their own so they'd rather troll
Could also be D) all of the above

Going by your posting history I'd pick D

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 NeonicTrash

Just wait till MS unveil backwards compatibility for original Xbox. Then I will have just 1 Xbox that can play 3 gens worth of games, and I didn't have to rebuy anything I'd already paid for.

Meanwhile you got Sony bias Xbox haters, who, if they didn't grab the right model of fat PS3, got PS 2-5 cluttering up their media areas.

You Sony only fans were really beat down into accepting whatever's given to you. Playstation 2 was backwards compatible with PS1, early PS3s could play both, and then poof, backwards compat gone...here comes PSNow, here come PSN store remasters/releases...instead of just letting your disk work...but, Sony needs money, so cry more about Xbox backwards compatibility programs, and how much they are utilized.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 hrt_rulz01

@kingtito said:
@quadknight said:

And yet cows troll far more than lems, sheep or hermits.

Guess you're saying

A) cows don't have any games

B) cows are so pathetic they'd rather troll forums that play on their PS4s

C) they hate other consoles more than they love their own so they'd rather troll

Could also be D) all of the above

Going by your posting history I'd pick D

Lol, yep. Good ol' Quacknight.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 kvally

@raugutcon said:

@kvally: does that list mean I can put my PS3 game disc in my PS4 and it will run, like X360 games do in the X1 ( given of course the game is in the library ) ?

No, you play it from the internet.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@hrt_rulz01: I personally don't even care for BC ever since this gen has started. I already have the ultimate BC, on my Omega PC?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@davillain- said:

@hrt_rulz01: I personally don't even care for BC ever since this gen has started. I already have the ultimate BC, on my Omega PC?

Ok... but if you were a console-only gamer, wouldn't you like to atleast have the option of BC on your console?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@davillain- said:

Ok... but if you were a console-only gamer, wouldn't you like to atleast have the option of BC on your console?

PS4 gamers are moronic, we have figured that out long time ago. Xbox one launched without BC too and xbox one gamer demanded and got it. The Playstation fanbase is too accepting of Sony direction. Same for EA access Sony said no the fanbase and they said yes sir ok.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@hrt_rulz01: If I was a console only gamer, the answer is still no! I always keep my old consoles if I want to play my old games, I'll have my old consoles ready to be re-plug back into my TV and I'm ready to go Retro gaming?

This is also the reason why I still have my Xbox 360.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By NeonicTrash

@quadknight said:

Already addressed this. Read the thread. Would like to take a look at PS4's pie chart usage statistics. Bet you it'd be a similar breakdown, what say you then?

Also, during the PS4 launch window, I think more people were broadcasting themselves being naked and having sex in the Playroom than playing Knack, Killzone, or COD...just saying, don't have such a short memory.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@davillain- said:

@hrt_rulz01: If I was a console only gamer, the answer is still no! I always keep my old consoles if I want to play my old games, I'll have my old consoles ready to be re-plug back into my TV and I'm ready to go Retro gaming?

This is also the reason why I still have my Xbox 360 since.

What happens if the old PS3 or 360, you got breaks. Start of this gen the Playstation fans nearly rioted about used games and game collections. Now it don't matter, one company, don't give a crap about your collection of games, collected over the years.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@NeonicTrash said:
@quadknight said:

Already addressed this. Read the thread. Would like to take a look at PS4's pie chart usage statistics. Bet you it'd be a similar breakdown, what say you then?

Also, during the PS4 launch window, I think more people were broadcasting themselves being naked and having sex in the Playroom than playing Knack, Killzone, or COD...just saying, don't have such a short memory.

Xbone isn't at launch window, it's almost 4 years old and people still don't play games on it almost half the time, SAD!

TigerDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 TigerDragon
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

I find it suspicious that people were only playing COD Blops2 in like 1 or two play sessions and almost everyone who brought it in april did the same thing. Maybe may will give us a better picture.

As for generally BC won't replace new games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#197 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

I'm pretty sure that game is selling like crap when is at 1093rd place.

Nothing != to anything greater than nothing.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 hrt_rulz01

@davillain-: Meh, each to their own. I prefer the much more convenient way of having them all on one console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@kvally: I never said there wasn't any demand, I just said there wasn't much demand. Big difference. If BC was in large demand and was a big factor in people's willingness to buy a console, they would all have had full BC on day one. None of them did. There is some demand to be had for BC, so all three manufacturers did eventually include BC with their consoles, but they intentionally monetized it because it wasn't a critical component of the success of the console. They decided to at least make it worth their while since including it for free wasn't going to net them enough sales to justify the expense on implementing and maintaining. Microsoft is the only one that decided to make it free if you already owned the game, but they saw no sales increase from it.

What about that argument do you not understand? I literally cannot spell it out any better for you.

lol owned...

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I got two letters for this study ...... BS! Everyone is playing RDR. lol