Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Or, you know, we could just look at the usage statistic to see that, definitively, it's a purely ridiculous assertion to think that BC has moved a ton of copies of anything. . .

Herp. Derp.

The only ridiculous assertion is that anyone claimed that it did. I cant believe gamers are actually sitting here arguing for fanboys' sake that free BC is a bad thing, Stupidest shit ever.

If the moo fits wear it bro.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

It seems Microsoft sent the damage control army to this thread.

Damage control is for Sony, after the PR disaster. Playstation fanboys belief everything Sony does and says so it not a surprise they believe this study.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@jtothamtothap said:

I don't use it, since I don't care to play old games. It is however a great feature to have and is very consumer friendly....damn you MS for giving gamers choices!!!

Do you not even try out the 360 GWG games released every month? For me I always at lease play them for a while when they're games I never played on 360 last gen.

Oh and I love that last part of yours, it's well known SW hates options, well, at least when they're not available on their system of choice. lol :P

I try them and get bored....I was excited when I saw RDR on my DL list lol but since I already beat the game, I lost interest after an hour or so. My gaming time is limited so I like shiny new games :)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Not surprising but its still a nice feature to have. Playing through Bayonetta right now.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@oflow said:
@Shewgenja said:

Or, you know, we could just look at the usage statistic to see that, definitively, it's a purely ridiculous assertion to think that BC has moved a ton of copies of anything. . .

Herp. Derp.

The only ridiculous assertion is that anyone claimed that it did. I cant believe gamers are actually sitting here arguing for fanboys' sake that BC is a bad thing, Stupidest shit ever.

If the moo fits wear it bro.

No one said it's stupid, but it seems for all your BC hyping over the PS4, you barely use it.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts

So lems brag about a feature they don't even use? Outrageous.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 oflow

@Ant_17: All my hyping it? When did I hype it? What I see mostly is people saying its a great feature for the fans and MS delivered something we asked for.

But go ahead and spin it how you want to justify Sony not offering it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ant_17

@oflow said:

@Ant_17: All my hyping it? When did I hype it? What I see mostly is people saying its a great feature for the fans and MS delivered something we asked for.

But go ahead and spin it how you want to justify Sony not offering it.

Yeah, they offer it, cause a handfull of you salty lems wanted something the PS4 didn't have.

Well, congrats, you have it, now watch it bleed MS dry while lems just praise it without using it.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 oflow

@Wasdie: You dont pay for them if you already own the 360 version, which most people do. It allows you to not have to use two consoles. Thats the main benefit of BC on Xbox.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

BC is important the first year or two of a console's release, after that no one really plays those game. One anomaly on a console with no exlusives is the exception and not the rule.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 loe12k

Study debunked. Sony damage control confirmed.

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

Now over 300 back compat titles. Nearly 50% of XB1 owners playing BC games is great to see. Thanks for supporting the program."

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#63 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

Lets see here. I can purchase 360 games and play them on my Xbox. I use some older 360 games and play them on my Xbox for free. For my PS4 I would have to pay to access any PS3 game regardless of ownership through PSNow. All this fanfare but at the end of the day both Sony and MS see benefits in BC. Sony has an ENTIRE business model on BC with PSNow, so its funny seeing Sony fannies behave as if its an Xbox One thing. Give me access to my digital PS3 purchases via download and I will be a happy camper.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@Syferonik: Fanboys...

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@loe12k: which PR disaster? I have no idea what you're talking about. But come on dude, there are like 4 Xbox one fanboys at the beginning of this thread jumping into in desperation trying to contain the damage quickly. It's pretty funny although sad too how invested people get in defending and justifying their purchases.

Honestly, BC is cool. I'd be one of those who would use it a lot because I like going back to old games but sadly it seems the feature is fairly irrelevant for business.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 oflow

@Ant_17: wtf are you talking about? how does it bleed MS dry its free. The primary purpose was for people to play games they already paid for once.

But you probably bought TLoU twice and a Pro. Tell more more how MS is bleeding me dry?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 loe12k

@pinkanimal said:

@loe12k: which PR disaster? I have no idea what you're talking about. But come on dude, there are like 4 Xbox one fanboys at the beginning of this thread jumping into in desperation trying to contain the damage quickly. It's pretty funny although sad too how invested people get in defending and justifying their purchases.

Honestly, BC is cool. I'd be one of those who would use it a lot because I like going back to old games but sadly it seems the feature is fairly irrelevant for business.

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

Now over 300 back compat titles. Nearly 50% of XB1 owners playing BC games is great to see. Thanks for supporting the program."

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
@oflow said:

@Wasdie: You dont pay for them if you already own the 360 version, which most people do. It allows you to not have to use two consoles. Thats the main benefit of BC on Xbox.

I wasn't talking about Microsoft's BC.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#69 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@kvally: Even Nintendo dropped BC with the Switch, forcing you to rebuy games on their virtual console. If it was so in demand, why did Nintendo drop it?

Because they have the ability to monetize it, just like Sony. Microsoft is doing the same, but giving the gamer the ability to play their existing copy without out having to rebuy it. So Nintendo is monetizing it, Sony is monetizing it and Microsoft is monetizing it. Luckily, Xbox gamers get one up and can play their existing ones for free, and it also gives Xbox One gamers even more games to buy if they never played them before.

There must be a reason all three consoles are putting all these old games on their consoles. They wouldn't do that if there wasn't demand.

You need to work on your spin techniques. Even Tormento's does better.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 loe12k

@oflow said:

We know this is damage controlling for Sony. Gaming journalism is corrupt has been for years.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pedro

@oflow said:

@Ant_17: wtf are you talking about? how does it bleed MS dry its free. The primary purpose was for people to play games they already paid for once.

But you probably bought TLoU twice and a Pro. Tell more more how MS is bleeding me dry?

He can't. Last I check MS wasn't running dedicated servers to allow games to stream Xbox 360 games. Why is so many fannies pretending that PSNow doesn't exist?

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mowgly1

@loe12k said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

You see what stat is missing? That tweet is SO POINTLESS!

Of those 50%, about 1.6% of time was spent playing BC for their total playtime in six months. One stat doesn't cancel out the other.

So, it's low! FEW HOURS IS NOTHING

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@loe12k: oh so you think the arstechnica article is paid by Sony as damage control? Lol ok, I'm either talking to a troll or a wacko here.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By loe12k

@mowgly1 said:
@loe12k said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

Head of Xbox, is lying of course he is. Just like 343 was lying about FH3 sales yesterday.

Gaming media is damaging controlling a major **** for Sony yesterday. It was Don Mattrick moment for Sony heading into E3.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

The cows will never understand that is better to have something and not use it, than to want it and not have it.

Anytime I choose to I can go back and play any of the BC games I want on the console that is hooked up to my TV. Sometimes nostalgia kicks in and you just wanna play something you were fond of. This service is beyond pro consumer, and if you are like me and have kids, you can easily pick up old titles that are new to them and they have a blast.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kvally

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#77  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
@loe12k said:
@pinkanimal said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

The 1.5% is in time spent, not how many gamers have played a single BC game which is likely what Phil is referring to. 50% isn't all that impressive either considering you get free BC games through Games With Gold.

Update: Fwiw, Sony should have a decent metric of knowing who wants BC. Ex. How many PSN accounts are linked to a PS3 / PS4 and how often does the consumer use each?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Pedro

@xxyetixx said:

The cows will never understand that is better to have something and not use it, than to want it and not have it.

Anytime I choose to I can go back and play any of the BC games I want on the console that is hooked up to my TV. Sometimes nostalgia kicks in and you just wanna play something you were fond of. This service is beyond pro consumer, and if you are like me and have kids, you can easily pick up old titles that are new to them and they have a blast.

or you can take Sony's option

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 loe12k

@pinkanimal said:

@loe12k: oh so you think the arstechnica article is paid by Sony as damage control? Lol ok, I'm either talking to a troll or a wacko here.

Only idiots think the gaming media are neutral this gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pedro

@loe12k said:
@pinkanimal said:

Only idiots think the gaming media are neutral this gen.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mowgly1

@loe12k said:
@mowgly1 said:
@loe12k said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

Head of Xbox, is lying of course he is. Just like 343 was lying about FH3 sales yesterday.

Gaming media is damaging controlling a major **** for Sony yesterday. It was Don Mattrick moment for Sony heading into E3.

Dude, Forza Horizon 3 sales are worldwide. But keep pushing!

And yes, Phil's tweet is pointless.

Of those 50%, about 1.6% of time was spent playing BC for their total playtime in six months. One stat doesn't cancel out the other.

So, it's low! FEW HOURS IS NOTHING

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 loe12k

@mowgly1 said:
@loe12k said:
@mowgly1 said:
@loe12k said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

Dude, Forza Horizon 3 sales are worldwide. But keep pushing!

Wrong, we not going there so leave it be.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Wasdie  Moderator

@kvally: I never said there wasn't any demand, I just said there wasn't much demand. Big difference. If BC was in large demand and was a big factor in people's willingness to buy a console, they would all have had full BC on day one. None of them did. There is some demand to be had for BC, so all three manufacturers did eventually include BC with their consoles, but they intentionally monetized it because it wasn't a critical component of the success of the console. They decided to at least make it worth their while since including it for free wasn't going to net them enough sales to justify the expense on implementing and maintaining. Microsoft is the only one that decided to make it free if you already owned the game, but they saw no sales increase from it.

What about that argument do you not understand? I literally cannot spell it out any better for you.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kvally

@loe12k said:
@mowgly1 said:
@loe12k said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

What did 343 say about FH3?

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mowgly1

@loe12k said:

Wrong, we not going there so leave it be.

LOL! You're wrong in every way. FH3 sales are worldwide. Cheers! Man, you will be disgraced one day.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@Pedro: is that why they are so salty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 loe12k

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@loe12k said:
@pinkanimal said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

The 1.5% is in time spent, not how many gamers have played a single BC game which is likely what Phil is referring to. 50% isn't all that impressive either considering you get free BC games through Games With Gold.

This a third party API study, this not confirmation of anything. This is same site that tried to downplay the Scorpio specs when they got revealed by DF. Tormentos level of bullshit.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

So about the same percentage as PS4 users who actually use PSVR

Okay, gotcha

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kvally

@Wasdie said:

@kvally: I never said there wasn't any demand, I just said there wasn't much demand. Big difference. If BC was in large demand and was a big factor in people's willingness to buy a console, they would all have had full BC on day one. None of them did. There is some demand to be had for BC, so all three manufacturers did eventually include BC with their consoles, but they intentionally monetized it because it wasn't a critical component of the success of the console. They decided to at least make it worth their while since including it for free wasn't going to net them enough sales to justify the expense on implementing and maintaining. Microsoft is the only one that decided to make it free if you already owned the game, but they saw no sales increase from it.

What about that argument do you not understand? I literally cannot spell it out any better for you.

At what point did I ever say that this was the factor of choosing a new console? I thought we were talking features available?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kvally

PS fans REKT:

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 loe12k

@kvally said:
@loe12k said:
@mowgly1 said:
@loe12k said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

What did 343 say about FH3?

I don't want to derail this thread with that. This is the thread where we discussed it yesterday.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/horizon-zero-dawn-34-million-copies-sold-as-of-apr-33393597/?page=3

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ant_17

@oflow said:

Yeah, saying i got TLOU is a mute point, since i'm sure you got the Halo collection.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Wasdie  Moderator

@kvally: My entire argument is that BC is not in a large enough demand to warrant it as a standard feature of a console as early as last generation. This entire article just is evidence to support that.

I have no idea why you posted a long list of the old Playstation games you can buy on the PS4 in response.

I honestly have no idea what you're even talking about anymore. You're not even attempting to rebuttal what I said. You kind of made up your own argument to argue against ignoring my words.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

About what I expected. BC is nice to have , but it's severely overhyped as some sort of system-selling feature. That still doesn't excuse Jim Ryan's PR spin though even if a lot aren't using it. Some want it. That guy has always been a bit of a doofus.

Lems are having meltdowns again , lol. They are always flippin their sheet about something.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By oflow

@loe12k: The funny thing to me is all the cows here acting like this is some kinda win for them.

I dont really care about BC all that much personally I play new games my time is limited. I dont keep old systems and never have and I've been mostly digital for 10+ years. Its definitely a good feature though since even my digitally bought 360 games work with BC so I have a permanent library on Xbox just like Steam. And going forward Xbox is going to always be fully BC. Thats good for gamers.

I get more use from it letting my sisters' kids play 360 games they never played because they are too young to have played 360. Theres a lot more kid friendly games in the 360 library.

The comments in this thread are just more confirmation that cows are gonna cow. They chose winning over principle and it costs them in the end not me. Cant believe these dumbasses are lining to support one of the big execs at their favorite company tell them why BC isnt worth doing, you know since nobody really uses it. But here buy our remasters and sub to PSNow. Because Xbox is bad and we are winning.

And the cows all cheer.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

This thread is amusing.

There are two things I always hear about on gaming forums but never know anyone who bothers with either:

1) Backwards Compatibility

2) Racing games

Lol.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 loe12k

@oflow said:

@loe12k: The funny thing to me is all the cows here acting like this is some kinda win for them.

I dont really care about BC all that much personally I play new games my time is limited. I dont keep old systems and never have and I've been mostly digital for 10+ years. Its definitely a good feature though since even my digitally bought 360 games work with BC so I have a permanent library on Xbox just like Steam. And going forward Xbox is going to always be fully BC. Thats good for gamers.

I get more use from it letting my sisters' kids play 360 games they never played because they are too young to have played 360. Theres a lot more kid friendly games in the 360 library.

The comments in this thread are just more confirmation that cows are gonna cow. They chose winning over principle and it costs them in the end not me. Cant believe these dumbasses are lining to support one of the big execs at their favorite company tell them why BC isnt worth doing, you know since nobody really uses it. But here buy our remasters and sub to PSNow. Because Xbox is bad and we are winning.

And the cows all cheer.

I know. It's a nice feature to have especially when you sell off your last gen console. Believe or not i never played RDR last gen, and only got to play it because of my xbox one. Are older games suddenly crap now?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#98 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@loe12k said:

"Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

Going to the title screen and then deciding to play something else doesn't count for a lot of usage.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By kvally

@Wasdie said:

@kvally: My entire argument is that BC is not in a large enough demand to warrant it as a standard feature of a console as early as last generation. This entire article just is evidence to support that.

I have no idea why you posted a long list of the old Playstation games you can buy on the PS4 in response.

I honestly have no idea what you're even talking about anymore. You're not even attempting to rebuttal what I said. You kind of made up your own argument to argue against ignoring my words.

Now you are just making stuff up, and it is pretty insulting. If you don't want to have a fruitful debate, that is fine but don't reply to me if all you are going to do is pretend that my replies are made up or out of thin air.

I posted an old list of PS2 games on the PS4 because clearly there is a demand for playing old games on new consoles (BC). BC is warranted as a STANDARD feature (and benefits the consumer, which is what is important here, not what goes in the pockets of Sony/MS/Nintendo. Is it why someone would choose one console over another? No, not if they don't have any of those old games to begin with.

So stop with your charade. You are pretending like my comments are not related to our discussion, or that they are not rebuttals. That is pure bullshit and you know it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

lol @ the raging lemmings in this thread. Mad because they can't accept reality.

PS3 had real BC last-gen at launch not the half ass BS you guys call BC and it still didn't make a difference. I probably used the BC on my launch PS3 a total of 3 times despite PS2 having the arguably greatest software library known to man. Face it you clowns, BC while a nice feature isn't one that makes a difference to most gamers. Xbone with its anemic software lineup this gen might rely on BC to sweeten the deal but it's an outlier rather than the norm. The fact remains that BC is a nice feature but highly under-utilized by most console owners. Does this mean that Sony shouldn't offer BC with PS5? Of course not, they should give the option to gamers but they should focus more on delivering new games first for their new console before BC.