Official NFL Free Agency Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

link to player listplayers should start reaching agreements with a matter of hours, with notable undrafted players Boston College LB, and cancer survivor Mark Herzlich (Giants), and former Delaware QB Pat Delvin (Dolphins) already signed.

1nf4m0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 1nf4m0us
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts

former Delaware QB Pat Delvin (Dolphins) already signed.

Boston_Boyy

It was rather amusing, for the past 12 hours there have been countless threads and posts on the Arizona Cardinals forum that Arizona had signed Pat Devlin... even wikipedia had been updated to reflect the Cardinals supposedly having signed him.

It would have been nice to bring him in, but ah well, no biggie.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50567 Posts

When can non-rookie free agents start signing?

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

Chutebox

Friday, I believe, but you can talk to free agents now.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i'm hoping Posluszny escapes Buffalo and goes somewhere with at least a CHANCE to make playoffs and more.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Boston_Boyy

Chutebox

They can agree today, and sign Friday.

On an unrealted note why are so many people underrating Kyle Orton? He'll likely be avaliable for trade and in 13 games last year he threw for 3,600 yards, 20 TDs, and 9 INTs with a completion percentage near 60. I also so a poll on ESPN today where about 2 to 1 people perferred Kevin Kolb to Kyle Orton, and in another he finished dead last to Kolb, McNabb, and Hasselbeck. Honestly I think Orton would be a huge steal for a team like Minnesota, Buffalo, etc.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

Looking the ESPN free agency list, I was amazed to see some of the names that are still in the league.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I'm pushing for the Packers to get anyone who's not Brandon Jackson and Mason Crosby. They suck. We can re-sign the rest of our free agents though...
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Boston_Boyy

They can agree today, and sign Friday.

On an unrealted note why are so many people underrating Kyle Orton? He'll likely be avaliable for trade and in 13 games last year he threw for 3,600 yards, 20 TDs, and 9 INTs with a completion percentage near 60. I also so a poll on ESPN today where about 2 to 1 people perferred Kevin Kolb to Kyle Orton. Honestly I think Orton would be a huge steal for a team like Minnesota, Buffalo, etc.

I don't know, I feel sorry for the guy....I wish the Redskins would look at him.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 starwarsjunky
I'm pushing for the Packers to get anyone who's not Brandon Jackson and Mason Crosby. They suck. We can re-sign the rest of our free agents though...The-Apostle
don't be surprised if they don't. salary cap is lower than what it was in 2009.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#11 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
I hope the Seahawks grab Robert Gallery because of the ties with Tom Cable. I also hear rumblings that they are looking to get Ray Edwards.
Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts

Vikings are looking into trading for Kyle Orton.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
nnamdi to houston...nnamdi to houston!!! c'mon make it happen!!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox

I hope the Seahawks grab Robert Gallery because of the ties with Tom Cable. I also hear rumblings that they are looking to get Ray Edwards.monkeytoes61

Seahawks look to sign Jackson

Orz

Cowboys cutting Barber, Davis, Williams, and Brown.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Haha seee ya later garbage players. Sad to see Davis go however he sucked so bad last year. Barber and Roy, thank god. Hopefully Dallas resigns Free and goes for someone like Joseph on defense.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 monkeytoes61
Hasselbeck out, Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart are in. Happy about the first two, but I wouldn't touch Leinart with a ten foot pole.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
Hasselbeck out, Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart are in. Happy about the first two, but I wouldn't touch Leinart with a ten foot pole.monkeytoes61
What the hell? You would rather have Jackson over Matt? Seriously!?
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Hasselbeck out, Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart are in. Happy about the first two, but I wouldn't touch Leinart with a ten foot pole.Chutebox

I think Matt is a better QB, but I also think it is time to move on.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Boston_Boyy

Vikings are looking into trading for Kyle Orton.

ps3_owns_360Wii

Nope, they just got McNabb. guess it's probably the best thing to do, at least for this year.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

McChoke to vikings eh? Bears and Packers are only real contenders officially now.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The-Apostle

McChoke to vikings eh? Bears and Packers are only real contenders officially now.

Put_in_Kitna
*Grabs lead pipe* We'll see about that when I shatter the Bears' QB's legs... *Evil laugh*
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
nnamdi to houston...nnamdi to houston!!! c'mon make it happen!!mems_1224
Are you an Egal fan or a Texan fan? Not sure which is more embarrassing, unless you're both.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bobbles

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I hope the Seahawks grab Robert Gallery because of the ties with Tom Cable. I also hear rumblings that they are looking to get Ray Edwards.Chutebox

Seahawks look to sign Jackson

Orz

Cowboys cutting Barber, Davis, Williams, and Brown.

This is good news. I knew barber was gone, but didnt expect BOTH Roy and Davis to get cut. Thought Davis was actually semi-safe.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]nnamdi to houston...nnamdi to houston!!! c'mon make it happen!!Bobbles
Are you an Egal fan or a Texan fan? Not sure which is more embarrassing, unless you're both.

you're right, id much rather be a fan of a team that hasn't been relevant in 15 years
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bobbles

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]nnamdi to houston...nnamdi to houston!!! c'mon make it happen!!mems_1224

you're right, id much rather be a fan of a team that hasn't been relevant in 15 years

Neither of those teams were ever relevant... lmao, you are a fan of teams that have never been relevant.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

i'm hoping Posluszny escapes Buffalo and goes somewhere with at least a CHANCE to make playoffs and more.starwarsjunky
Jags got him. I am happy.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Hasselbeck out, Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart are in. Happy about the first two, but I wouldn't touch Leinart with a ten foot pole.monkeytoes61

I think Matt is a better QB, but I also think it is time to move on.

OH sorry, I thought you were talking about Matt Lienert...who hawks are also interested in.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox

Redskins said to working with the Vikings right now for McNabb.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

If theres anyone that can make it happen, its Mike Tannenbaum. Sources say hes willing to take less money, wants to come to a contender , and wants to pursue an acting career or gig (w/e).

REVIS on one side and Aso on the other would be fun to watch.

wowThe JETS got killed a lot in the middle and didnt really get at the QB last year and have drafted two d-linemen to help but if you have 2 shutdown corners, they can pack the box with 9 or do whatever Rex Ryan comes up with that will give ANY QB a headache. Similar to how they confused the heck out of the Patriots in the last game but with added support would make it a lot worst for whoever, period.

If the JETS dont get it , it wont be a downer if they can keep Cro because Cro stepped his game up and is happy to not be playing that Zone crap while he was in SD.

jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

If theres anyone that can make it happen, its Mike Tannenbaum. Sources say hes willing to take less money, wants to come to a contender , and wants to pursue an acting career or gig (w/e).

wowThe JETS got killed a lot in the middle and didnt really get at the QB last year and have drafted two d-linemen to help but if you have 2 shutdown corners, they can pack the box with 9 or do whatever Rex Ryan comes up with that will give ANY QB a headache. Similar to how they confused the heck out of the Patriots in the last game but with added support would make it a lot worst for whoever, period.

If the JETS dont get it , it wont be a downer if they can keep Cro because Cro stepped his game up and is happy to not be playing that Zone crap while he was in SD.

Fuhgeddabouditt

Sanchez is also manning up by offering to redo his contract to sign Edwards and Holmes. I'd love for them both to be back but I think Edwards is a goner. Shame because I actually like Braylon as a Jet.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 monkeytoes61
They still won't win anything with Mark Sanchez at QB. Maybe the most overrated QB in the league. He is carried by his defense and his loud mouthed coach.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jiggaloj

They still won't win anything with Mark Sanchez at QB. Maybe the most overrated QB in the league. He is carried by his defense and his loud mouthed coach.monkeytoes61

Not many people are really saying Sanchez is a decent QB, so I don't see how he's the most overrated QB in the league.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]i'm hoping Posluszny escapes Buffalo and goes somewhere with at least a CHANCE to make playoffs and more.CommanderShiro

better than Buffalo at least =/
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fuhgeddabouditt

[QUOTE="Fuhgeddabouditt"]

jiggaloj

Sanchez is also manning up by offering to redo his contract to sign Edwards and Holmes. I'd love for them both to be back but I think Edwards is a goner. Shame because I actually like Braylon as a Jet.

yeah, EDWARDS has been the man since becoming a JET and cleaned up his dropped passes. Hes also a better blocker than HOLMES. HOLMES is cool but the JETS have been looking for that tall threat since Keyshawn left. I really, really want EDWARDS to stay and hope that Sanchez and heck, even REVIS redo their contract to add a couple of mil on the table. HOLMES did finish a lot of games for the JETS but hes also dropped a lot of balls and lost a couple of games because he failed to catch an easy TD pass (GB game and Dolphins game). But all in all, I want to keep both.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 starwarsjunky

Chutebox
don't do it. go for orton instead. :(
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fuhgeddabouditt

They still won't win anything with Mark Sanchez at QB. Maybe the most overrated QB in the league. He is carried by his defense and his loud mouthed coach.monkeytoes61
Im going to address this ONE LAST TIME because its too damn hot to argue, hence the reason why I abandon GS or the internet for that matter this summer :P .

No one has said Mark Sanchez is an elite QB so I dont get this overrated stuff.

A QB who played 1 yr in college, jumping straight into the NFL to start his first year and going 4-2 in the playoffs (yes, I know its a team sport but the QB does get credit) with more TD than INT tells me he is no slouch.

He was also not the reason they lost both AFC Championships games. He played ok but the Defense are the ones who failed, not the offense (like I said before, the JETS lost because they kept getting burned up the middle and failed to rush the QB. Those issues have been addressed this year).

So I do think and many others, that Mark can lead the JETS to victory because he has already showed flashes of how he can do so early in his career as an NFL QB. The is a fact.

But of course, people are going to stare at the stats but like ive said many times, i dont care about stats because they dont show everything. They dont show how he has driven the JETS down to victory muiltiple times last year. Both with his arms and his legs. They also dont show how tough he is. So all in all, no one is saying hes the best, he is however earning respect. That is not what you call "THE MOST OVERRATED QB."

EDIT : Oh and give a man respect when hes earned it. Rex might be loud, but he out coached the Coach of the Year and made him look SILLY. Yes, he mad Bill Belichick and along with Tom Brady look silly in the PO game. They didnt know what to do. So give the man some props. His coaching is improving and is clearly getting better in only his 2nd year as a head coach.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]i'm hoping Posluszny escapes Buffalo and goes somewhere with at least a CHANCE to make playoffs and more.starwarsjunky

better than Buffalo at least =/

i'm still happy tho. he could help them out a lot. and i feel its necessary to mention i went to high school with him. VERY smart guy with a level head on his shoulders. a real class act.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]They still won't win anything with Mark Sanchez at QB. Maybe the most overrated QB in the league. He is carried by his defense and his loud mouthed coach.Fuhgeddabouditt

Im going to address this ONE LAST TIME because its too damn hot to argue, hence the reason why I abandon GS or the internet for that matter this summer :P .

No one has said Mark Sanchez is an elite QB so I dont get this overrated stuff.

A QB who played 1 yr in college, jumping straight into the NFL to start his first year and going 4-2 in the playoffs (yes, I know its a team sport but the QB does get credit) with more TD than INT tells me he is no slouch.

He was also not the reason they lost both AFC Championships games. He played ok but the Defense are the ones who failed, not the offense (like I said before, the JETS lost because they kept getting burned up the middle and failed to rush the QB. Those issues have been addressed this year).

So I do think and many others, that Mark can lead the JETS to victory because he has already showed flashes of how he can do so early in his career as an NFL QB. The is a fact.

But of course, people are going to stare at the stats but like ive said many times, i dont care about stats because they dont show everything. They dont show how he has driven the JETS down to victory muiltiple times last year. Both with his arms and his legs. They also dont show how tough he is. So all in all, no one is saying hes the best, he is however earning respect. That is not what you call "THE MOST OVERRATED QB."

i don't like the jets(at all), but i admit he is a very solid qb. and i hope he gets better and better. which i think he will, actually. sure he's not in the league as brady or manning, but he's still pretty good. and don't forget he's still a young guy. he has time to improve still.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mems_1224
lmao how is he overrated when everyone thinks he sucks? he gets too much crap. he's only been in the league 2 years man
1nf4m0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 1nf4m0us
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts

He has the ability to develop into a good Quarterback. He hasnt been great yet, but he hasnt been terrible either, and I think that, from what I have seen, he will become quite a good player.

That said, he stands to make $13,500,000 in 2011... and if youre making that much money you better be showing up and being that great QB.

Although that could change, and props to him for volunteering to restructure his contract in order to keep other players on their team.

Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fuhgeddabouditt
HOLMES locked up, agreed to 5yr deal with JETS. http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/07/27/jets-agree-to-five-year-deal-with-holmes/?module=HP11_headline_stack
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="Fuhgeddabouditt"]HOLMES locked up, agreed to 5yr deal with JETS. http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/07/27/jets-agree-to-five-year-deal-with-holmes/?module=HP11_headline_stack

hopefully he can keep his nose clean so it'll work out for them. i doubt it...
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The-Apostle
Hasselbeck goes to the Titans. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-hasselbeck
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The-Apostle

Ugh... We re-signed Mason Crosby even though he sucks with his accuracy, but we're getting rid of Nick Barnett and probably Cullen Jenkins, John Kuhn, James Jones and a few others while possibly not bringing in any free agents. What is Ted Thompson THINKING?!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-crosby

jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jiggaloj

HOLMES locked up, agreed to 5yr deal with JETS. http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/07/27/jets-agree-to-five-year-deal-with-holmes/?module=HP11_headline_stackFuhgeddabouditt

Good news. Hopefully we can get Edwards back but I'd be perfectly fine with Burress.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

starwarsjunky

Haha, nope! Vikings have agreed for a trade as long as Mcnabb restructures his contract.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Chutebox

Haha, nope! Vikings have agreed for a trade as long as Mcnabb restructures his contract.

that means its up to mcnabb then =/ will he go for the $, or somewhere he'd rather play? much as i don't like him, it should be good for ponder to sit behind a veteran for a year or two. even if that veteran is named mcnabb.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] don't do it. go for orton instead. :(

that means its up to mcnabb then =/ will he go for the $, or somewhere he'd rather play? much as i don't like him, it should be good for ponder to sit behind a veteran for a year or two. even if that veteran is named mcnabb.

I'm just looking forward to the excuses people will give when Mcnabb fails...again. That team is ready to go, they just need a QB.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox

Redskins picking up Dante Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney, and Brandon Stokley and we're resigning Santana Moss. Not too sure what to think of this all, but we have some depth at receiver finally even though it's not exactly an all star cast.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Haha, nope! Vikings have agreed for a trade as long as Mcnabb restructures his contract.

I'm just looking forward to the excuses people will give when Mcnabb fails...again. That team is ready to go, they just need a QB.

i hope you're wrong, but i know you're not :(