Official NFL Free Agency Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50633 Posts

Not much from the Bears other than shedding some spare parts. No big news from the Bears might actually be a good thing. I know they're going after that Steelers lineman Colon, that would be a nice pickup.

QuistisTrepe_

They got rid of Greg Olson...which I don't understand. Who the hell do they want Jay to throw the ball to? And Cards are paying Kolb 63m with 20m garunteed for 6 years. What the hell!?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

REVIS will make Chad a non factor (shut down) yet again so as a JET, im not worried hes now a PAT. Rival talk aside, I do find it odd because Chad has trouble keeping his mouth shut on and off the field and the Patriots under Bill have been hush hush about their business. It will be interesting to see how Chad acts as a Pat.

Fuhgeddabouditt

Since Revis will be covering Chad and all, who will get Welker?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Fuhgeddabouditt"]

REVIS will make Chad a non factor (shut down) yet again so as a JET, im not worried hes now a PAT. Rival talk aside, I do find it odd because Chad has trouble keeping his mouth shut on and off the field and the Patriots under Bill have been hush hush about their business. It will be interesting to see how Chad acts as a Pat.

sherman-tank1

And don't forget about D. Branch.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#104 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Kolb is bad. Eagles won that trade for sure.QuistisTrepe_

No way man, trading pro bowlers for unknown commodities totally makes sense. DONT YOU KNOW.

When you are desperate, you're desperate. And the Cardinals were desperate for a QB.
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

[QUOTE="Fuhgeddabouditt"]

sherman-tank1

Wilson (or switch to that the number 1 receiver base on the formation goes to Revis) will get Welker, the other receiver, whoever it may be, Cro/Aso (whichever we end up with) will get him. Then you get at the middle to take out the TE. If Bill wants to play in the similar style as he did in the playoffs, its all good to the JETS.

EDIT : Just rewatch the last game. It doesnt matter if you sub Branch or Welker or have all 3 on the feild at once. And assuming the JETS do get Aso, they can put 9 in the box on 3rd and long or even double the TE. The Pats were confused with just 7 or even 5 if I remember correctly, it would be 5x worst if Aso arrives.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Welcome to charlotte , mr. Greg olsen!! Smith and dwill back too , omg I'm ready for some football GO CAMROLINA PANTHERS !!!
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

Not much from the Bears other than shedding some spare parts. No big news from the Bears might actually be a good thing. I know they're going after that Steelers lineman Colon, that would be a nice pickup.

Chutebox

They got rid of Greg Olson...which I don't understand. Who the hell do they want Jay to throw the ball to? And Cards are paying Kolb 63m with 20m garunteed for 6 years. What the hell!?

Two words: Mike Martz. He doesn't know how to run the ball, and he doesn't know how to handle tight ends that aren't undersized O-linemen. Worse than that, all we got for him is a third rounder, so we didn't even get anything that's going to pan out for us this year, much less in the future knowing Angelo's record. And now I hear we're going after Roy Williams simply because he had one productive year under Martz, unbelievable. This after Mike Sims-Walker came out last week and said he wanted to play for the Bears, I just have no idea what is going through their heads, why on earth would you prefer Roy Williams to MSW?

As for Colon, Steelers re-signed him, but I'm glad about that. If we're going to sign a lineman I'd rather he be closer to 25 than 30, and especially not coming back off a major injury like that.

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
The Pats should make anybody nervous, but don't take the Jets lightly. The Jets have good enough DB's to go toe to toe with the Pats. I am still a little weirded out about the seahawks...I honestly didn't think they would land Sidney Rice and T. Jackson. There is a good chance seattle will win their division again.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Chutebox
The Pats should make anybody nervous, but don't take the Jets lightly. The Jets have good enough DB's to go toe to toe with the Pats. I am still a little weirded out about the seahawks...I honestly didn't think they would land Sidney Rice and T. Jackson. There is a good chance seattle will win their division again.DarkOfKnight
Why do people think t. Jackson os any good? I wouldnt even call him average.
bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts

QuistisTrepe_
Still doesn't stop me from being anxious, damnit. It's, like, you got so many prime pieces of meat on the market that would look good in a Bear's uniform and they're not pulling the trigger.
1nf4m0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 1nf4m0us
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts

I actually think Kolb will be good. Well, I hope...

But i really dont like the decision to deal DRC. I think they way overpaid in that deal, giving him and a second round pick. But the deal is done, and I hope Kolb comes out and lights it up.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Chutebox

I actually think Kolb will be good. Well, I hope...

But i really dont like the decision to deal DRC. I think they way overpaid in that deal, giving him and a second round pick. But the deal is done, and I hope Kolb comes out and lights it up.

1nf4m0us
They way overpaid both him and the Eagles. They better find a way to protect him
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

Chutebox

For a third round pick, WTF!? Great, now Angelo can draft a worse player while Carolina's offense just got a major lift. ******* Mike Martz, "TE don't fit MY system and I'm so perfect." Great offseason Jerry, our offense is worse and we've signed a punter.

I've haven't been this pissed since we drafted LT....er, LG Chris Williams. Un*******believable.:roll:

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#114 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I think the Cardinals and Seahawks are having the worst off-seasons. I don't know why the Seahawks and Cardinals passed on Vince Young and Kyle Orton. I hate their QB situations.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 CleanPlayer
[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"]The Pats should make anybody nervous, but don't take the Jets lightly. The Jets have good enough DB's to go toe to toe with the Pats. I am still a little weirded out about the seahawks...I honestly didn't think they would land Sidney Rice and T. Jackson. There is a good chance seattle will win their division again.Chutebox

When he got to the playoffs, he was so terrible that his coach childress completely threw him under the bus and got Favre. That's a sign he's not very good lol.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Chutebox

I think the Cardinals and Seahawks are having the worst off-seasons. I don't know why the Seahawks and Cardinals passed on Vince Young and Kyle Orton. I hate their QB situations.CleanPlayer
They passed on VY because he sucks. Not sure about Kyle. At least Cardinals got an at the very least average QB.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

bigdcstile

Still doesn't stop me from being anxious, damnit. It's, like, you got so many prime pieces of meat on the market that would look good in a Bear's uniform and they're not pulling the trigger.

We did pull the trigger, we got a punter, a third round pick, and signed 26 undrafted rookies, SUPER BOWL BOUND B******!

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 CleanPlayer
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I think the Cardinals and Seahawks are having the worst off-seasons. I don't know why the Seahawks and Cardinals passed on Vince Young and Kyle Orton. I hate their QB situations.Chutebox
They past on VY because he sucks. Not sure about Kyle. At least Cardinals got an at the very least average QB.

I don't think VY sucks but he's more proven than Kolb and Jackson. I like Orton because he's underrated. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I think the Cardinals and Seahawks are having the worst off-seasons. I don't know why the Seahawks and Cardinals passed on Vince Young and Kyle Orton. I hate their QB situations.CleanPlayer
They past on VY because he sucks. Not sure about Kyle. At least Cardinals got an at the very least average QB.

I don't think VY sucks but he's more proven than Kolb and Jackson. I like Orton because he's underrated. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Kyle Orton was easily the best QB on the market. VY had one successful year and sucked after that...badly. But you're right, that's still more than Kolb has done or Jackson will ever do.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Chutebox

I didn't know Sproles is going to NO.

jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#122 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

It's official. Vince Young is an Eagle.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

It's official. Vince Young is an Eagle.

jiggaloj

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Wish it was a 2 year deal though.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

I officially forgot everything VY ever did at Texas. He stinks now. What a bust.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

It's official. Vince Young is an Eagle.jiggaloj

He can have fun warming the bench while Michael Vick is busy lighting up the scoreboard. :P

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DarkOfKnight
[QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"]The Pats should make anybody nervous, but don't take the Jets lightly. The Jets have good enough DB's to go toe to toe with the Pats. I am still a little weirded out about the seahawks...I honestly didn't think they would land Sidney Rice and T. Jackson. There is a good chance seattle will win their division again.Chutebox

Better than what they had. In that division they might not need much.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 monkeytoes61

I don't think he ever really got a chance. The organization was never behind him. I'm not saying he's going to be spectacular or anything, but I think he will play well this year. A change of scenery will do him well.
Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

I officially forgot everything VY ever did at Texas. He stinks now. What a bust.

Put_in_Kitna

Remember when he was rookie of the year and on the cover of Madden? That guy was all hype. And that took years to die down. I've never seen such a bust getting such a celebrated rookie season. Ridiculous.

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DarkOfKnight
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"]The Pats should make anybody nervous, but don't take the Jets lightly. The Jets have good enough DB's to go toe to toe with the Pats. I am still a little weirded out about the seahawks...I honestly didn't think they would land Sidney Rice and T. Jackson. There is a good chance seattle will win their division again.monkeytoes61

I don't think he ever really got a chance. The organization was never behind him. I'm not saying he's going to be spectacular or anything, but I think he will play well this year. A change of scenery will do him well.

He didn't get a fair chance IMO. He did show flashes of being good in Minny, he just needed more time to grow.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

The Eagles robbed the Cards blind in that trade. Should have offered up more draft picks instead of their best corner. They could have had DRC, Patrick Peterson, and Adrian Wilson, one super-athletic secondary.

The NFL needs to ban Belicheck from making deals with other teams. Its like he talks them into a game of checkers and then throws chess pieces on the board. They got 2 potential pro bowl players for basically nothing.

I'm satisfied with the Steelers offseason so far. Securing Ike Taylor was huge for us. Our primary concerns should be signing Cameron Heyward and Plax. People here still like Plax, even if he had some behavioral issues. I'd really like to have some idea of how good our rookie corners are by now, but the lockout shot that to hell, so I have no idea how worried I should be over our secondary (fyi i'm sticking to extremely concerned).

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"]The Pats should make anybody nervous, but don't take the Jets lightly. The Jets have good enough DB's to go toe to toe with the Pats. I am still a little weirded out about the seahawks...I honestly didn't think they would land Sidney Rice and T. Jackson. There is a good chance seattle will win their division again.monkeytoes61

He had more than enough chances in Minn, he just sucked lol. I guess we'll see, but I think you're gonna hate him in about two months.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Chutebox

I couldn't help but laugh when Roy Williams signed with Chicago.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#135 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I couldn't help but laugh when Roy Williams signed with Chicago.

Chutebox

I can't even begin to express how livid I am right now. I'm not even going to bother getting my hopes up this year, go Lions!

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Why do people think t. Jackson os any good? I wouldnt even call him average.

He had more than enough chances in Minn, he just sucked lol. I guess we'll see, but I think you're gonna hate him in about two months.

He's just a stop gap as Pete looks for the QB of the future anyways. But I am optimistic. He knows the system (our OC is Minny's old OC), and has some familiarity with the guy he will be throwing to. We'll see what happens. I think a .500 season is realistic. Tom Cable, combined with the new draft picks and the Gallery signing, are going to make that line fairly legit. I think the running game will improve. The defense is still bad, they didn't get any help there. But 7-9 or 8-8 I think could go down.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Put_in_Kitna

:lol: Oh man

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Chutebox

Matt Moore signed with the Dolphins, you can continue laughing at the Dolphins now as people are saying they aren't trying for Orton anymore.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 monkeytoes61
Orton is good, but the asking price of a 2nd round pick is too much.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

Orton is the type QB your Seahawks could use going forward.

Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

Orton is the type QB your Seahawks could use going forward.

ohjtbehaaave

He's better thanWhitehurst, but he's not an upgrade over Hasselbeck.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] I don't think he ever really got a chance. The organization was never behind him. I'm not saying he's going to be spectacular or anything, but I think he will play well this year. A change of scenery will do him well.

He's just a stop gap as Pete looks for the QB of the future anyways. But I am optimistic. He knows the system (our OC is Minny's old OC), and has some familiarity with the guy he will be throwing to. We'll see what happens. I think a .500 season is realistic. Tom Cable, combined with the new draft picks and the Gallery signing, are going to make that line fairly legit. I think the running game will improve. The defense is still bad, they didn't get any help there. But 7-9 or 8-8 I think could go down.

the fact that yall play in a weak division is a huge plus too. also depending on how kolb turns out arizona could make some noise
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Fuhgeddabouditt

JETS no longer getting Aso. They are OUT and no longer persuing Aso. Dallas most likely in but now they are saying they are out (NFLN). So now the JETS can move onto to resigning Cro (after Aso is signed) and then Edwards. Would of been nice to get but he was never needed.

Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Fuhgeddabouditt
EAGLES got ASO :shock:
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

>HAHAHA asomugha TO MY EAGLES HAHAAHHAHAH

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Chutebox

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Come on, we got **** Rex as our QB....This isn't fair!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
YES! Eagles got Aso. Not the Texans but I got no problem seeing him on my second favorite team :D
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

YES! Now Eagles will fail with another pro bowl cornerback. Thank god Dallas didn't sign him, don't wanna spend 20 mil on one person a lone unless its Peyton or Brady.

jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

Damn. Eagles will be a force to be reckoned with Samuel, Cromartie, and Asomugha on defense.