Official NFL Free Agency Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
but the problem, at least they are saying on NFLN, is now keeping DeShawn Jackson. Aso I assumed wanted a ton of money so I know he wasnt cheap. If they OD to get him and fail to keep DeShawn, I wouldnt hit the ceiling just yet if I was a Eagles fan because DeShawn has been the man over there,
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

YES! Now Eagles will fail with another pro bowl cornerback. Thank god Dallas didn't sign him, don't wanna spend 20 mil on one person a lone unless its Peyton or Brady.

Put_in_Kitna

Sounds like a Cowgirls fan is bitter...

Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Fuhgeddabouditt

YES! Now Eagles will fail with another pro bowl cornerback. Thank god Dallas didn't sign him, don't wanna spend 20 mil on one person a lone unless its Peyton or Brady.

Put_in_Kitna
I really thought he was going to the Cowboys today.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Damn. Eagles will be a force to be reckoned with Samuel, Cromartie, and Asomugha on defense.

jiggaloj

I think Samuel is getting traded

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

:lol: if they lose deshawna. He needs to stop being a piece of **** and go to camp. Needs to get in sync with VY because Ware is taking out Vick week 8 :)

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

SilentSoprano

I never wanted Ndamdi, not for the price. I would rather have a combination of Huff and Joseph. It's what Dallas needs. Eagles and Cowboys fans always sound bitter towards each other, its a fun rivalry. Live a little.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 SilentSoprano

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

I never wanted Ndamdi, not for the price. I would rather have a combination of Huff and Joseph. It's what Dallas needs. Eagles and Cowboys fans always sound bitter towards each other, its a fun rivalry. Live a little.

I am lol, hence my comment. If they actually end up trading Asante though, it will put a damper on acquiring Nnamdi.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Put_in_Kitna
well at least we can just go ahead and add 10 ints to Romo stats now for this year.
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Fuhgeddabouditt

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

SilentSoprano

I am lol, hence my comment. If they actually end up trading Asante though, it will put a damper on acquiring Nnamdi.

Asante will most likely be dropped since Aso is in.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#160 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]

Orton is the type QB your Seahawks could use going forward.

Darth_Revan_666

He's better thanWhitehurst, but he's not an upgrade over Hasselbeck.

I agree. Hasselbeck was a very solid NFL QB when healthy. But Orton is better option than the guys they have now. He's not great... but he's pretty decent.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

mems_1224

well at least we can just go ahead and add 10 ints to Romo stats now for this year.

Dallas isn't picking up Favre or Kolb bro. You confused Romo with those two guys im assuming. Also Roy isn't trying to throw to Roy anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Thank god the Eagles got Nnamdi. As a Pats fan I'm glad the Jets didn't get their hands on him.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#163 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Did the Eagles just become favorites to win the NFC?
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#164 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

SilentSoprano

You now how Cowgirls fans are.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]

Orton is the type QB your Seahawks could use going forward.

Darth_Revan_666

He's better thanWhitehurst, but he's not an upgrade over Hasselbeck.

I think he is. Hasselbeck has been mediocre the last three years. I know there hasn't been much around him, but it isn't an excuse for three straight years.
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Fuhgeddabouditt

Thank god the Eagles got Nnamdi. As a Pats fan I'm glad the Jets didn't get their hands on him.

sherman-tank1
Man it would of been hell to pay if the JETS got him for any offense. To bad the only way im going to see this happen is in MADDEN :(. But REVIS is till put so its all good.
Did the Eagles just become favorites to win the NFC?monkeytoes61
If they manage to keep Jackson and Vick stays healthy, I would say yes.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

Dallas isn't picking up Favre or Kolb bro. You confused Romo with those two guys im assuming. Also Roy isn't trying to throw to Roy anymore.

:lol: wait you actually think romo is good?? haha oh man, even my die hard friends who are cowgirls fans aren't that delusional :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Fuhgeddabouditt

Man it would of been hell to pay if the JETS got him for any offense. To bad the only way im going to see this happen is in MADDEN :(. But REVIS is till put so its all good.

Yeah, it would make facing the Jets a lot more scary.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ohjtbehaaave

That's the huge 'if'. Vick is always an injury waiting to happen. I still think the Packers are better. And it looks like Nnamdi was all about the $$$. They could have formed an all world D with the Jets.

As far as the Jets go it's dangerous locking up all your money in just a few players. Re-sign Cromartie and B.Edwards and find some pass rush help. Spread the $$$ around and address ALL the areas in need of improvement. You don't want to be locked into a bad cap situation when it's time to re-sign your own guys down the road.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] well at least we can just go ahead and add 10 ints to Romo stats now for this year.mems_1224

:lol: wait you actually think romo is good?? haha oh man, even my die hard friends who are cowgirls fans aren't that delusional :lol:

Yep hes so awful. Look at those awful stats! Awful completion percantage. Atrocious TD/INT ratio. I haven't even mentioned how bad his win percantage is. Then again im sure you were one of those awful egal fans who were like "omg mcnabb is amazing! hall of famer!"...next week "WOW why is he still with us! Hes awful! Trade him now!" Your opinion on quarterbacks is laughable. Oh wait your not even an egal fan, you have multiple teams. My bad. Move along move along.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] well at least we can just go ahead and add 10 ints to Romo stats now for this year.mems_1224

...You don't think Romo is good? Tony Romo is one of the better QBs in the league. Top ten for sure.
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Fuhgeddabouditt

That's the huge 'if'. Vick is always an injury waiting to happen. I still think the Packers are better. And it looks like Nnamdi was all about the $$$. They could have formed an all world D with the Jets.

As far as the Jets go it's dangerous locking up all your money in just a few players. Re-sign Cromartie and B.Edwards and find some pass rush help. Spread the $$$ around and address ALL the areas in need of improvement. You don't want to be locked into a bad cap situation when it's time to re-sign your own guys down the road.

ohjtbehaaave

the problem is that there isnt a FA 3-4 pass rusher out there, at least thats what I think. But several JETS restructured their contract to get Aso. They didnt get him so there more money to go elsewhere. They will use the extra to resign Edwards, Cromartie, and finally lock up Harris then maybe they can even get Jenkins from GB.

EDIT : Also the JETS drafter two dlinemen. One of which is said to be really good.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

Yep hes so awful. Look at those awful stats! Awful completion percantage. Atrocious TD/INT ratio. I haven't even mentioned how bad his win percantage is. Then again im sure you were one of those awful egal fans who were like "omg mcnabb is amazing! hall of famer!"...next week "WOW why is he still with us! Hes awful! Trade him now!" Your opinion on quarterbacks is laughable. Oh wait your not even an egal fan, you have multiple teams. My bad. Move along move along.

i never liked mcnabb much. and you dont even know my opinion on qbs so idk how you can think its laughable. point is that romo is one of the biggest choke artists in the league right now and i love that hes on dallas because they're never going to a super bowl with him behind center. and no, i dont have multiple teams. texans always come first but i grew up a fan of the eagles because there are lots of cowgirls fans down here and they're all annoying ********
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 SilentSoprano

That is going to be really bad for the Eagles if they can't get D. Jackson to stay...

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#175 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

If they can get D. Jackson to stay and if Vick is healthy all season then the Eagles will be heavy favorites unfortunately.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] :lol: wait you actually think romo is good?? haha oh man, even my die hard friends who are cowgirls fans aren't that delusional :lol:mems_1224

i never liked mcnabb much. and you dont even know my opinion on qbs so idk how you can think its laughable. point is that romo is one of the biggest choke artists in the league right now and i love that hes on dallas because they're never going to a super bowl with him behind center. and no, i dont have multiple teams. texans always come first but i grew up a fan of the eagles because there are lots of cowgirls fans down here and they're all annoying ********

LOL how has he choked? LMAO typical Romo hater. That's all you guys can say and you never back it up. Yeah he dropped a wet football on a field goal snap. Doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing. Is that it? Is that all you have really? Hahaha what a joke.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ohjtbehaaave
I think the majority of NFL teams outside of maybe 5 or so would replace their QB for Tony Romo in a heartbeat. He's a top flight QB.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#178 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I think the majority of NFL teams outside of maybe 5 or so would replace their QB for Tony Romo in a heartbeat. He's a top flight QB.ohjtbehaaave
I doubt that. If a team is invested in a quarterback, I doubt they would go for another QB, even if that quarterback is better than the current one they have.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Awesome signing. I really like what the Eagles have done. Definitely got me excited for some football.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 monkeytoes61
I think the majority of NFL teams outside of maybe 5 or so would replace their QB for Tony Romo in a heartbeat. He's a top flight QB.ohjtbehaaave
I agree, the number of QBs that I would rather have than Romo is not many.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

SilentSoprano

Not really, they got that Rodgers-Cromartie fellow. Plus Asante is awful in man coverage.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Bobbles
Not gonna lie, Egals did a lot of great things the last couple of days. Hate my life for not seeing Nnamdi or Joseph in Dallas. But yeah for the price of Nnamdi... just wasn't possible and still need to sign a freaking safety.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 monkeytoes61
Not gonna lie, Egals did a lot of great things the last couple of days. Hate my life for not seeing Nnamdi or Joseph in Dallas. But yeah for the price of Nnamdi... just wasn't possible and still need to sign a freaking safety.Bobbles
Are there even any decent safeties left?
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 ohjtbehaaave

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]I think the majority of NFL teams outside of maybe 5 or so would replace their QB for Tony Romo in a heartbeat. He's a top flight QB.SF_KiLLaMaN
I doubt that. If a team is invested in a quarterback, I doubt they would go for another QB, even if that quarterback is better than the current one they have.

You're missing the point. It's a hypothetical statement. The point is more than half the teams in the NFL would take Romo as their QB over their current QB. Without trying to rank all the top QB's... I'd say Romo is right around the 7th or 8th best QB in the NFL. Which means a lot of teams would love him as their QB.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Bobbles
LOL @ this stinker saying Romo isn't good ahahaha. Please.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Bobbles"]Not gonna lie, Egals did a lot of great things the last couple of days. Hate my life for not seeing Nnamdi or Joseph in Dallas. But yeah for the price of Nnamdi... just wasn't possible and still need to sign a freaking safety.monkeytoes61

Meh, Huff and Elam... better than whats on the team now.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
OMG IT happened
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
OMG IT happenedNo_Hablo_Ingles
What happened?
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Bobbles"]Not gonna lie, Egals did a lot of great things the last couple of days. Hate my life for not seeing Nnamdi or Joseph in Dallas. But yeah for the price of Nnamdi... just wasn't possible and still need to sign a freaking safety.Bobbles

Sensabaugh is a decent safety, isn't he?
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Bobbles
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] Are there even any decent safeties left?

Sensabaugh is a decent safety, isn't he?

He's a FA too, prob gonna be back with 'Boys. I just don't want them to pay him what he thinks he's worth, like you said he's decent.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

I couldn't help but laugh when Roy Williams signed with Chicago.

theone86

I can't even begin to express how livid I am right now. I'm not even going to bother getting my hopes up this year, go Lions!

Jerry Angelo woke up one day and asked himself, "how can I make this team worse?" Is he trying to pull a Major League by making the Bears so ***** that the McCaskey family gets a lucrative package to move the team to L.A.?

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 QuistisTrepe_

As for Colon, Steelers re-signed him, but I'm glad about that. If we're going to sign a lineman I'd rather he be closer to 25 than 30, and especially not coming back off a major injury like that.

theone86

In Bears logic, that signing would have made perfect sense. We spent a first round pick on a guy who's going to have chronic back problems after all.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

I couldn't help but laugh when Roy Williams signed with Chicago.

QuistisTrepe_

I can't even begin to express how livid I am right now. I'm not even going to bother getting my hopes up this year, go Lions!

Jerry Angelo woke up one day and asked himself, "how can I make this team worse?" Is he trying to pull a Major League by making the Bears so ***** that the McCaskey family gets a lucrative package to move the team to L.A.?

As long as the Packers win the division I'm happy. :D

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 The-Apostle

Wow... Payton Manning turned down a lot of money to help his team re-sign its free agents.

Link

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 QuistisTrepe_

Just looked at the updated Bears free agent signings, Roy Williams (90 catches in 40 games, oh wow:|), Sam Hurd (another Cowboy reject), and Vernon Gholston, why are the Bears signing the rest of the league's garbage?

Williams is the most baffling signing, a plodding possession receiver doesn't fit the Martz system.

Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

He should leave the Colts altogether.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 monkeytoes61

He should leave the Colts altogether.

Darth_Revan_666
If they weren't in the Seahawks division, I would love to see your Peyton to 49ers vision come true.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]OMG IT happenedThe-Apostle
What happened?

ASO to the Eagles. I got home from work, and went to this forum to see ASO became an Eagle. I was thinking to myself "BULL****" we just got DRC and Asante, and the dude on ESPN said there was an 80% chance of him going to the jets when I left for work." I went to the NFL network on my laptop and on the tv.... and OMG it happened!
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Fuhgeddabouditt
Sources say that EDWARDS wont be resigned :cry: WTF! That Aso deal has turned lot of stomachs (waiting 3 days to make up your mind, while others leave or get more angry that you arent giving them attention) . OR it could be that hes one screw up away from a serious penalty. All I know is that Edwards will be missed.