Official NFL Free Agency Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

Redskins picking up Dante Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney, and Brandon Stokley and we're resigning Santana Moss. Not too sure what to think of this all, but we have some depth at receiver finally even though it's not exactly an all star cast.

Chutebox
With Beck or Grossman at QB :lol:. You guys aren't NE.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Haha, nope! Vikings have agreed for a trade as long as Mcnabb restructures his contract.Chutebox
that means its up to mcnabb then =/ will he go for the $, or somewhere he'd rather play? much as i don't like him, it should be good for ponder to sit behind a veteran for a year or two. even if that veteran is named mcnabb.

I'm just looking forward to the excuses people will give when Mcnabb fails...again. That team is ready to go, they just need a QB.

As opposed to the avalanche of excuses that people gave Favre? The way Favre defenders talked about the offense faltering without Sidney Rice in the lineup, you would have thought he was Jerry Rice.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Redskins picking up Dante Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney, and Brandon Stokley and we're resigning Santana Moss. Not too sure what to think of this all, but we have some depth at receiver finally even though it's not exactly an all star cast.

No_Hablo_Ingles

With Beck or Grossman at QB :lol:. You guys aren't NE.

Heh, only Tom Brady could make that group productive. I didn't even know Gaffney was still in the league.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

McChoke to vikings eh? Bears and Packers are only real contenders officially now.

The-Apostle

*Grabs lead pipe* We'll see about that when I shatter the Bears' QB's legs... *Evil laugh*

When you fake the pipe swing and Cutler falls to ground screaming anyway you mean. Though you might have been talking about Hanie from the start.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Hasselbeck out, Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart are in. Happy about the first two, but I wouldn't touch Leinart with a ten foot pole.Chutebox
What the hell? You would rather have Jackson over Matt? Seriously!?

Are YOU serious? I'd take Jackson over Leinart anyday. Leinart has no guts, no arm, and a ***** attitude.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Hasselbeck out, Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart are in. Happy about the first two, but I wouldn't touch Leinart with a ten foot pole.QuistisTrepe_

What the hell? You would rather have Jackson over Matt? Seriously!?

Are YOU serious? I'd take Jackson over Leinart anyday. Leinart has no guts, no arm, and a ***** attitude.

and jackson is just straight up terrible :lol:
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] What the hell? You would rather have Jackson over Matt? Seriously!?mems_1224

and jackson is just straight up terrible :lol:

He's still a better player by far.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 No_Hablo_Ingles
The lack of love for Vince Young is disturbing. I don't think there is a starting job in the league for the guy, even though there aren't 32 better QBs then him.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

McChoke to vikings eh? Bears and Packers are only real contenders officially now.

QuistisTrepe_

*Grabs lead pipe* We'll see about that when I shatter the Bears' QB's legs... *Evil laugh*

When you fake the pipe swing and Cutler falls to ground screaming anyway you mean. Though you might have been talking about Hanie from the start.

Great idea. I'll run it by him. I'll fake swing, he'll fall down and claim I hit him so he can sit out all season. That way he doesn't have to deal with the Packers while our defense is stomping on the Bears offense. :D

EDIT: I don't know about Hanie, but I'm also not sure who the Bears QB will be. >_>

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 QuistisTrepe_

The lack of love for Vince Young is disturbing. I don't think there is a starting job in the league for the guy, even though there aren't 32 better QBs then him.No_Hablo_Ingles

He's a basket case, who would be foolish enough to sign him?

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] *Grabs lead pipe* We'll see about that when I shatter the Bears' QB's legs... *Evil laugh*The-Apostle

Great idea. I'll run it by him. I'll fake swing, he'll fall down and claim I hit him so he can sit out all season. That way he doesn't have to deal with the Packers while our defense is stomping on the Bears offense. :D

I don't know, you guys seem to have problems with third stringers, even if it required Rodgers taking a cheap shot blow to the head from Peppers to slow down your offense.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]The lack of love for Vince Young is disturbing. I don't think there is a starting job in the league for the guy, even though there aren't 32 better QBs then him.QuistisTrepe_

He's a basket case, who would be foolish enough to sign him?

If he can't get a starting job, I would love the Eagles to sign him as Vick's backup.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

QuistisTrepe_

I don't know, you guys seem to have problems with third stringers, even if it required Rodgers taking a cheap shot blow to the head from Peppers to slow down your offense.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about Rodgers' concussions myself...

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

I'll just pop in and say that Sidney Rice is following Jackson to Seattle. Apparently it's a 5 year deal worth $41 million, 18.5 guaranteed.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2015748367_reportseahawksagreetotermswithsidneyrice.html

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 No_Hablo_Ingles
the loldivision has a leader now I guess. Seattle is now the favorite to go 8-8 to win the division.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#66 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Hello hello Mr Sidney Rice!! 6' 5" Mike Williams and 6' 4" Sidney Rice are going to be bullying smaller CBs all year. T Jack just has to throw it up to his playmakers. I was expecting a 6-10 season with Jackson at the helm, but perhaps this move can get them closer to .500.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50624 Posts
the loldivision has a leader now I guess. Seattle is now the favorite to go 8-8 to win the division.No_Hablo_Ingles
Depends. If cardinals do get kolb it's their division to lose.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chutebox
Hello hello Mr Sidney Rice!! 6' 5" Mike Williams and 6' 4" Sidney Rice are going to be bullying smaller CBs all year. T Jack just has to throw it up to his playmakers. I was expecting a 6-10 season with Jackson at the helm, but perhaps this move can get them closer to .500.monkeytoes61
I dont understand why hawks weren't interested in orton. The guy plays awesome ball and gets no respect.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Well at least the recievers the Redskins have are betyter then last years. However, it looks like we aren't going anywhere this season. Not what's left to do is get rid of Haynesworth.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Hello hello Mr Sidney Rice!! 6' 5" Mike Williams and 6' 4" Sidney Rice are going to be bullying smaller CBs all year. T Jack just has to throw it up to his playmakers. I was expecting a 6-10 season with Jackson at the helm, but perhaps this move can get them closer to .500.Chutebox
I dont understand why hawks weren't interested in orton. The guy plays awesome ball and gets no respect.

I would love Orton, that would be a great trade for us.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]the loldivision has a leader now I guess. Seattle is now the favorite to go 8-8 to win the division.Chutebox

Kolb sucks though... he is the newer shinier AJ Feeley. That's why I'm hoping we can get DRC and a good (2nd or 3rd) pick for him before anyone notices Orton is better then him.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Hello hello Mr Sidney Rice!! 6' 5" Mike Williams and 6' 4" Sidney Rice are going to be bullying smaller CBs all year. T Jack just has to throw it up to his playmakers. I was expecting a 6-10 season with Jackson at the helm, but perhaps this move can get them closer to .500.monkeytoes61

LMAO.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Put_in_Kitna

The lack of love for Vince Young is disturbing. I don't think there is a starting job in the league for the guy, even though there aren't 32 better QBs then him.No_Hablo_Ingles

Agreed. He is getting a backup job for sure tho, sad really.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Chutebox

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]The lack of love for Vince Young is disturbing. I don't think there is a starting job in the league for the guy, even though there aren't 32 better QBs then him.Put_in_Kitna

He's not very good...he'll be a back up for life.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Hello hello Mr Sidney Rice!! 6' 5" Mike Williams and 6' 4" Sidney Rice are going to be bullying smaller CBs all year. T Jack just has to throw it up to his playmakers. I was expecting a 6-10 season with Jackson at the helm, but perhaps this move can get them closer to .500.Put_in_Kitna

LMAO.

Well said Mr Cowboy. Care to elaborate?
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Hello hello Mr Sidney Rice!! 6' 5" Mike Williams and 6' 4" Sidney Rice are going to be bullying smaller CBs all year. T Jack just has to throw it up to his playmakers. I was expecting a 6-10 season with Jackson at the helm, but perhaps this move can get them closer to .500.monkeytoes61

LMAO.

Well said Mr Cowboy. Care to elaborate?

Sorry, I thought you were joking.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]The lack of love for Vince Young is disturbing. I don't think there is a starting job in the league for the guy, even though there aren't 32 better QBs then him.Chutebox

Even the skins would get 3rd in division if they had VY.

1nf4m0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 1nf4m0us
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]the loldivision has a leader now I guess. Seattle is now the favorite to go 8-8 to win the division.Chutebox

Its easy to say that, and yes I do think that Kolb will be a good Quarterback, but i dont know if this is the year he (and Arizona) are going to do well. He comes from a West Coast offense and will have about a month to learn ours before hitting the field. Add to that the lack of starting experience and our slighly pourous offensive line and... well... he might struggle a bit.

I just hope he and Fitz can connect on some level, that would be a good start.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 No_Hablo_Ingles
How good is DRC (cards DB)? I hear good things about him... then I look at the stats (not just interceptions but completion % when throw to the guy he was guarding, YPC given up, etc. and am underwhelmed by his production.
1nf4m0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 1nf4m0us

How good is DRC (cards DB)? I hear good things about him... then I look at the stats (not just interceptions but completion % when throw to the guy he was guarding, YPC given up, etc. and am underwhelmed by his production.No_Hablo_Ingles

He had a good first couple of years in the league... was very much apart of the defence that helped the Cardinals get to the superbowl, and then had a pro bowl worthy effort in 2009. And his stats reflect that, as teams were reluctant to throw to the guy he was covering. But then last season he played incredibly badly (I think in no small part due to the Cardinals trying to shift to a 3-4 scheme with a terrible DC, and not having a good enough pass rush, plus the defence having to be on the field so much because of the terrible offense). He wasnt able to cover anyone and teams had a great time throwing against him.

I think in Ray Horton (our new DC) 's scheme (basically the Blitzburgh scheme), he would thrive. He has the tools, is one of the fastest players in the league, and is very good at the point of the catch when intercepting balls.

Like i said, he has the tools to be a top 5 corner in this league if he plays in the right scheme (and puts on some muscle and starts tacking people), so it would be a shame to see him leave.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

Even the skins would get 3rd in division if they had VY.

He sucks dude, he had one good season then sucked the remainder of his career. Miami got Reggie Bush and are going to get Kyle Orton. Mcnabb agrees to deal and is being sent to Minn.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]Jags got him. I am happy.

starwarsjunky

better than Buffalo at least =/

i'm still happy tho. he could help them out a lot. and i feel its necessary to mention i went to high school with him. VERY smart guy with a level head on his shoulders. a real class act.

Yeah I'm happy to have him as a Jag. He fits what the Jags need.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 QuistisTrepe_

Miami got Reggie Bush and are going to get Kyle Orton. Chutebox

Damn, we might have to stop laughing at the Dolphins.

1nf4m0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 1nf4m0us

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]How good is DRC (cards DB)? I hear good things about him... then I look at the stats (not just interceptions but completion % when throw to the guy he was guarding, YPC given up, etc. and am underwhelmed by his production.1nf4m0us

He had a good first couple of years in the league... was very much apart of the defence that helped the Cardinals get to the superbowl, and then had a pro bowl worthy effort in 2009. And his stats reflect that, as teams were reluctant to throw to the guy he was covering. But then last season he played incredibly badly (I think in no small part due to the Cardinals trying to shift to a 3-4 scheme with a terrible DC, and not having a good enough pass rush, plus the defence having to be on the field so much because of the terrible offense). He wasnt able to cover anyone and teams had a great time throwing against him.

I think in Ray Horton (our new DC) 's scheme (basically the Blitzburgh scheme), he would thrive. He has the tools, is one of the fastest players in the league, and is very good at the point of the catch when intercepting balls.

Like i said, he has the tools to be a top 5 corner in this league if he plays in the right scheme (and puts on some muscle and starts tacking people), so it would be a shame to see him leave.

Not entirely sure how, but I failed to mention he injured his knee in the Cardinals Divisional playoff loss to the Saints, and wasnt completely healthy until about week 14/15.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Chutebox

Kolb traded to Cardinals for the long named DB (lol) and a 2nd round pick.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 No_Hablo_Ingles

Chutebox
YEAH!!!!!!!!! and we signed Babin!
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 The-Apostle
We lost Darryn Colledge. :cry:
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 No_Hablo_Ingles
Kolb is going to sign a 5 year 63 mill deal
bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts
Chad Ochocinco to the Pats? Seriously? God damnit Belichick!
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 QuistisTrepe_

Chad Ochocinco to the Pats? Seriously? God damnit Belichick!bigdcstile

Is Belichick putting together an *** **** convention?

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 QuistisTrepe_

Chutebox

I think the Cards got hosed. Something tells me they're going to be sorry.

bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts

[QUOTE="bigdcstile"]Chad Ochocinco to the Pats? Seriously? God damnit Belichick!QuistisTrepe_

Is Belichick putting together an *** **** convention?

I wouldn't be worried if not for the hoodie's ability to, y'know, turn okay talent and bad attitudes into some pretty good, key players.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Chutebox

Wait, did this really happen?

Oh Lord, Pats are going to be awesome....

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

QuistisTrepe_

I think the Cards got hosed. Something tells me they're going to be sorry.

I do too. They gave too much. Should have just given the 2nd pick or a third too. But not their best DB.
sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

Just came in here to say. **** THE PATRIOTS.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 The-Apostle
Pack vs. Pats in the Super Bowl. Book it. :D
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

REVIS will make Chad a non factor (shut down) yet again so as a JET, im not worried hes now a PAT. Rival talk aside, I do find it odd because Chad has trouble keeping his mouth shut on and off the field and the Patriots under Bill have been hush hush about their business. It will be interesting to see how Chad acts as a Pat.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 QuistisTrepe_

Not much from the Bears other than shedding some spare parts. No big news from the Bears might actually be a good thing. I know they're going after that Steelers lineman Colon, that would be a nice pickup.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Kolb is bad. Eagles won that trade for sure.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 QuistisTrepe_

Kolb is bad. Eagles won that trade for sure.-Halftime-

No way man, trading pro bowlers for unknown commodities totally makes sense. DONT YOU KNOW.