NHL 2011 General Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

That was a Rangers night tonight for sure. Leafs goalies were pretty awful too. Rangers keep losing players to injury though.

And whoever made that 'Cup Winner' poll needs to add the Flyers and Penguins from the East at least. I think the Rangers are tied or ahead of the Caps right now in the standings.

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 gameeer1
Member since 2006 • 16425 Posts

Seriously, something big needs to happen in Toronto, and fast. We are so f***ing sick of seeing this team lose, and it surely doesn't help out the goaltenders when the defencemen almost always turn the puck over. It could have easily been a double digit night for the Rangers.

And whoever made that 'Cup Winner' poll needs to add the Flyers and Penguins from the East at least. I think the Rangers are tied or ahead of the Caps right now in the standings.ohjtbehaaave

The Rangers are 1 point behind Washington right now.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#203 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts

The Leafs looked more like the Make Beliefs last night. YIKES!

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

Last night was f****** awful for the Leafs. Thank god Jiggy said he's waive his no-trade clause. And TSN was pretty harsh on the Leafs last night. Keith Jones and Mike Peca said 'The Monster' is for sure not the future goalie for this team. I think if Jiggy is traded, Reimer will get more chances than Gustavsson.

Leafs are winning right now though. 3 goals on the most underrated goalie in the league, IMO.

Oh and Nabokov is close to a deal with the Red Wingsand Tomas Fleischmann is out for the year with a strange blood clot. That's a shame, 21 points in 22 games, and was working out great with Duchene, and the Avs were just getting healthy.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

Last night was f****** awful for the Leafs. Thank god Jiggy said he's waive his no-trade clause. And TSN was pretty harsh on the Leafs last night. Keith Jones and Mike Peca said 'The Monster' is for sure not the future goalie for this team. I think if Jiggy is traded, Reimer will get more chances than Gustavsson.

Leafs are winning right now though. 3 goals on the most underrated goalie in the league, IMO.

Oh and Nabokov is close to a deal with the Red Wingsand Tomas Fleischmann is out for the year with a strange blood clot. That's a shame, 21 points in 22 games, and was working out great with Duchene, and the Avs were just getting healthy.

JohnBean42
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO another injury, gah at least we got Stewart back.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 gameeer1

That game tonight.

So much better.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 JohnBean42

Yes, so much better. I wonder if Jiggy feels like he's auditioning for another job, knowing he could be traded.

And how about that Jeff Skinner? 39 points, 17 of them goals. Right now, I think he's the clear ROY, buta lot of time left. Loved watching him last year in Kitchener scoring 50 goals, and love watching him whenever I can now.

Kitchenercould have 3 possible top 10 picks in the last 2 years: Skinner, Murphy (who Don Cherry has said will be the #1 pick), and Landeskog (who has been compared to as a Swedish Mike Richards by his coach and scouts). That's one great system. Makes me wonder if Steve Spott (HC and GM, and worked under Panthers coach Pete DeBoer) will ever work in the NHL.

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 gameeer1

I just wonder what will happen to Gustavsson. I know the management aren't going to give up on him just yet.

And sans last night, I can definitely recall whenever he DOES play really good games, the defense almost never helped him. Case in point especially would be earlier this season against Montreal where he stood on his head only for that bonehead Komisarek assisting on Camilerri's GWG. And when the Leafs were on the power play? Looked like it was Montreal's.

But he still came up big. Maybe it is confidence issues.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 JohnBean42
[QUOTE="gameeer1"]

I just wonder what will happen to Gustavsson. I know the management aren't going to give up on him just yet.

And sans last night, I can definitely recall whenever he DOES play really good games, the defense almost never helped him. Case in point especially would be earlier this season against Montreal where he stood on his head only for that bonehead Komisarek assisting on Camilerri's GWG. And when the Leafs were on the power play? Looked like it was Montreal's.

Oh, he has confidence issues for sure. And the team, especially the D, has lost faith in him. Mind you, everyone shut down last night. But if he started tonight inteed of Jiggy...it probably would of been different. The Ducks probably would of scored on one of their 2nd period PP and that would have changed the gme in favor of them, insteed of us. It looks like 2 different teams with Jiggy in net tonight and Reimer the last couple of weeks, compared to Gusstavsson. I can't see him in our plans past next year espcailly if Reimer and Rynnas play as well as they have. Unless he has a complete 180, hopefully like Price has done:P
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 gameeer1
[QUOTE="JohnBean42"][QUOTE="gameeer1"]

Oh, he has confidence issues for sure. And the team, especially the D, has lost faith in him. Mind you, everyone shut down last night. But if he started tonight inteed of Jiggy...it probably would of been different. The Ducks probably would of scored on one of their 2nd period PP and that would have changed the gme in favor of them, insteed of us. It looks like 2 different teams with Jiggy in net tonight and Reimer the last couple of weeks, compared to Gusstavsson. I can't see him in our plans past next year espcailly if Reimer and Rynnas play as well as they have. Unless he has a complete 180, hopefully like Price has done:P

Well, I really do have a soft spot for Gustavsson. I really rarely see the defense helping him out. That being said, he still does need to work out his game. And yeah, when Reimer went on that run, I couldn't believe how well they were playing in front of him. and I remember Gustavsson commenting, "The defense is also playing better." Obviously not whenever he plays. ):
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 hockey73
Avs-Preds game, what a BS no goal call, what's the point of the "war room" if they are not going to do their job.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 gameeer1

Mmm, St. Louis/Red Wings game, Halak stood up bing in the final minute of the third when he kicked the puck out of the crease when any other night it would have been a goal.

Unfortunately they lost in OT.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 hockey73

[QUOTE="hockey73"]Avs-Preds game, what a BS no goal call, what's the point of the "war room" if they are not going to do their job. Mkavanaugh77
Go Preds!!!

lol, third period turned into complete ****. Avs need to consider getting a D-man before the trade deadline. I basically feel now, Anderson's last year heroics were a fluke, he's been nothing but an average to sub-par goalie at best this year.

Edit: You're going get a kick out of this, just checked my fantasy team, I started Anderson over Luongo, nooooooooooo.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Los9090

Flyers and Sens brawl it up. http://espn.go.com/video/category?id=2459791 Oh and the Flyers won 6-2

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Los9090

And the Red Wings sign Evgeni Nabakov to a one year deal, but he as to pass through waivers. Interesting. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6041677

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 JohnBean42

And the Red Wings sign Evgeni Nabakov to a one year deal, but he as to pass through waivers. Interesting. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6041677

Los9090
Huh...I wonder IF a team would pick him up for cheap. If they pick him up, do they take the terms of the contract the Red Wings gave him? I'm not to clear on that. Becuase it's less than 600,000...why wouldn't a team like Washington or Columbus take a chance?
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#219 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

The addition of the NMC on Nabokov's contract is nice to try and scare off would be suiters, but in reality there is almost a zero percent chance he ends up a Wing.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 hockey73
Forsberg practicing with the Avs!
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 gameeer1

Awwwwww yeah, I always love to see Ottawa lose. (:

Chicago and Detroit tomorrow!

Can't wait.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

The Islanders pick up Evgeni Nabokov off waivers. Doesn't make sense to me. Don't they want a higher draft pick? lol Too bad, I would've loved to have Nabby back in San Jose if even for a few months. Now I'm just worried that he made a deal with Detroit and signs with them in the offseason.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 JohnBean42

The Islanders pick up Evgeni Nabokov off waivers. Doesn't make sense to me. Don't they want a higher draft pick? lol Too bad, I would've loved to have Nabby back in San Jose if even for a few months. Now I'm just worried that he made a deal with Detroit and signs with them in the offseason.

CJL182

I don't get it either. It's not like they're competing with Detroit and want to ruin their chances.

EDIT: If this is true, Komisarek is a f****** idiot. I hope Burke gets rid of him. He's been a huge disappointment from Day 1. Gunnersson has played better than him.

And Clouston should be fired now. As much as I love seeing Ottawa fail and the Leafs do better than them, they need to change it up. They've been outscored 13-3 in the past 2 games, and it was 7-1 against division rival last night. What more do you need to fire him?

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 JohnBean42
The Islanders are saying that Nabokov will not report, so now they can either suspend him or put him back on waivers.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Love it, Lombardi got fined $50K for telling it like it is................it was a BS goal that should have been disallowed and he said the Kings got jobbed because one of the officials wanted a job with the Kings in the past and didn't get it. Also what's the point of Toronto review if they can't get a call like that? Makes you wonder if they rig it up for the Coyotes.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

Love it, Lombardi got fined $50K for telling it like it is................it was a BS goal that should have been disallowed and he said the Kings got jobbed because one of the officials wanted a job with the Kings in the past and didn't get it. Also what's the point of Toronto review if they can't get a call like that? Makes you wonder if they rig it up for the Coyotes.X360PS3AMD05

That was a TERRIBLE call. I seriously don't understand what the War Room in Toronto sees sometimes. Even someone who doesn't watch hockey would not allow that goal if you explained the rule to them. I wonder if the Isles will suspend Nabby or just waive him again.

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 gameeer1

Chicago wins 4-1 against the Red Wings and Philadelphia goes down to the Devils, oh my!

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 gameeer1

Also, just watching the video replay on the disputed play.

That was definitely a BS call, you can totally tell the stick was over the crossbar. I also don't see what was wrong with Lombardi speaking his mind. And he apologized to Murphy and also stated that "he was a bigger man than he is". F*** that.

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 gameeer1

It seems the big guns love to get out of scoring droughts against the Leafs.

First Gaborik in NYC with four goals, and now Ovechkin with his hat-trick.

But Ovie's always scored against the Leafs. :V

EDIT: Also, rematch between last season's Stanley Cup finalists tomorrow! Who will win? I DON'T KNOW!

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Los9090
The Islanders are saying that Nabokov will not report, so now they can either suspend him or put him back on waivers.JohnBean42
Why the heck did Detroit sign Nabby knowing he'd have to clear waivers? Nabakov may not be who he once was, but you know any team with goaltending issues would take him.
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 hockey73
[QUOTE="JohnBean42"]The Islanders are saying that Nabokov will not report, so now they can either suspend him or put him back on waivers.Los9090
Why the heck did Detroit sign Nabby knowing he'd have to clear waivers? Nabakov may not be who he once was, but you know any team with goaltending issues would take him.

If he doesn't report I hope Islanders suspend him, rules are rules, I hate when players get stubborn.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Los9090
[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="JohnBean42"]The Islanders are saying that Nabokov will not report, so now they can either suspend him or put him back on waivers.hockey73

If he doesn't report I hope Islanders suspend him, rules are rules, I hate when players get stubborn.

Watching the Sabres/Islanders tilt and it showed a comment why Nabokov wasn't coming to Long Island. It was riddled with contradictions of saying "I don't have a problem with the Islanders, but I want to help a team make the playoffs" What a jerk. He could add insurance for when Rick DiPietro gets hurt and help a young talented team take the next step.
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#234 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

Would've been swell if the Devils played like this at the beginning of the season...

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Los9090"] Why the heck did Detroit sign Nabby knowing he'd have to clear waivers? Nabakov may not be who he once was, but you know any team with goaltending issues would take him.

Watching the Sabres/Islanders tilt and it showed a comment why Nabokov wasn't coming to Long Island. It was riddled with contradictions of saying "I don't have a problem with the Islanders, but I want to help a team make the playoffs" What a jerk. He could add insurance for when Rick DiPietro gets hurt and help a young talented team take the next step.

He already tried helping the Sharks make the next step. What possible career opportunities does he have with NYI? They're 2-4 years out of the playoffs. He'll be in retirement age by that time. It's like the same Dany Heatley wanted, to be on a playoff team. Why would he want to go to Edmonton when there are 16 other teams that have playoff prospects and can effectively use him? I mean, NYI are a circus. Why trade Roloson when you lack usable goalie D anyways? Anyone paying attention to the AHL knows that Koskinen and Lawson were struggling, and Poulin was doing rather well. Why trade roloson, forcing the team to bring up one of their young kids, and further increasing the odds that when DiPi gets injured again, they'll have no one to fall back on? I understand Lawson wrecked his leg, but they can always bring up Koskinen and let Poulin develop in the A like he should. Why pick up Nabby? The team isn't going anywhere this season, there is no next step to be taken.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Los9090
[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="hockey73"] If he doesn't report I hope Islanders suspend him, rules are rules, I hate when players get stubborn. Lockedge

He already tried helping the Sharks make the next step. What possible career opportunities does he have with NYI? They're 2-4 years out of the playoffs. He'll be in retirement age by that time. It's like the same Dany Heatley wanted, to be on a playoff team. Why would he want to go to Edmonton when there are 16 other teams that have playoff prospects and can effectively use him? I mean, NYI are a circus. Why trade Roloson when you lack usable goalie D anyways? Anyone paying attention to the AHL knows that Koskinen and Lawson were struggling, and Poulin was doing rather well. Why trade roloson, forcing the team to bring up one of their young kids, and further increasing the odds that when DiPi gets injured again, they'll have no one to fall back on? I understand Lawson wrecked his leg, but they can always bring up Koskinen and let Poulin develop in the A like he should. Why pick up Nabby? The team isn't going anywhere this season, there is no next step to be taken.

Saying that he can go to Long Island and finish out THIS season. Then he can go his separate way to a team more likely to make the playoffs next year if he can have a solid 2 months with the Islanders.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 gameeer1

James Reimer is called up from the Marlies and to be starting in net against Tampa Bay tonight! (:

The defense absolutely loves to play well in front of him for some reason. Personally I think they hate Gustavsson, even when he plays good nights. ):

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 JohnBean42

Reimer saved the Leafs in that first period. If it wasn't for him, and it was Gustavsson in net, it'd be 4 or 5-0. They look as bad as they did in NY.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Los9090

I laughed so hard at this

happened at the Canucks vs Dallas game

Bieska takes a penalty

Mkavanaugh77
The Canucks have been hit hard with injuries this month
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Los9090

All Star rosters are set

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/3953/live-chat-all-star-game-draft-745-p-m-et

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 JohnBean42

Last night's format was cool but I think they really need to change it. It was kinda embarrassing, and to give Kessel a car? IDK how they'll fix it, and I know people will say 'he's making millions and he's 36th out of 500' and stuff like that. But he's still sitting there alone in front of tons of people, and doesn't help the argument that the trade for him was great, because I know people will use this as an argument against the trade

I'm kinda excited for it. I wanna see how Kessel does, and how the 18 year old Skinner does. Other than that...meh. The face of the NHL isn't even there.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 hockey73
Not over yet, but I think it has been pretty lame so far. The breakaway challenge was just terrible.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Los9090
I'm so glad to be able to watch this game without hearing the media going goo goo ga ga over Crosby. I mean, I'm not saying that I'm glad he's still limited due to the concussion, but its nice to hear about other players for once without having Crosby shoved down our throats and how he's the 2nd coming of Christ
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
Kind of upset that all this stuff is on Versus and I can't see any of it. It's so tough to get into the rest of the league when I can't watch anything other than the Pens. And the opportunity to see that is only on NBC, which is an absolute joke.
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

Go Team Lidstrom!

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Los9090

13 games tomorrow...whooo!

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 hockey73

13 games tomorrow...whooo!

Los9090
I'm hoping that this little break is what the Avs need to get back on track, it's make or break time. Although I think we need to make a trade or 2 for a solid defensive D-man, and another forward (now that Fleischmann is out for the year and Mueller isn't coming back anytime soon).
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Kopi with 2 goals!