NHL 2011 General Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1501 gameeer1
Member since 2006 • 16425 Posts
[QUOTE="gameeer1"][QUOTE="JohnBean42"]

Richards will sleep on it, expecting decision tomorrow. According to Richards himself, and his agent, down to 4 or 5 teams, Leafs haven't given any indication they're dropping out, very serious about it, Flames made big push. Stability of ownership is huge for him, which is why he left Dallas. I think all teams have good ownership..Leafs might be behind on that one.

Going to be very interesting tomorrow. Hopefully the Leafs get someone else if Richards doesn't sign, like Gange or Connolly. I'll probably find out late since I'm at the Jays game:P *Crosses fingers*

EDIT: Okay, so according to McKenzie, Dreger and Scott Burnside, it's L.A, NYR, Flames and Leafs, in no particular order.

JohnBean42
Off-topic, but Halladay is pitching for the first time back here yes? And on topic, I will be surprised if the Leafs can land Richards. And then the big question is if he does come, will he be able to withstand Toronto's microscope?

Yam his first time. You were right munchlax99, it was a great (and wild) game. Not surprised about Richards, a little disappointing. I like the Connolly move. Maybe they'll try for Arnott too. Vokoun to Caps...saw that one coming.

Apparently Connally is excited to be here, always good to hear from a new player. :D Get a couple of free agents and maybe one trade in, I'll still be excited for October. (and my dorm mates hate me on Saturday nights when I am yelling at the t.v.) :v
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1502 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnBean42"][QUOTE="gameeer1"] Off-topic, but Halladay is pitching for the first time back here yes? And on topic, I will be surprised if the Leafs can land Richards. And then the big question is if he does come, will he be able to withstand Toronto's microscope?gameeer1
Yam his first time. You were right munchlax99, it was a great (and wild) game. Not surprised about Richards, a little disappointing. I like the Connolly move. Maybe they'll try for Arnott too. Vokoun to Caps...saw that one coming.

Apparently Connally is excited to be here, always good to hear from a new player. :D Get a couple of free agents and maybe one trade in, I'll still be excited for October. (and my dorm mates hate me on Saturday nights when I am yelling at the t.v.) :v

Ya, I heard he wanted to be a Leafs. Burke told his agent that if they didn't get Richards, he'd be the prime target.

I heard something yesterday that I completely agreed with...Burke was in on Carter apparently, and Richards...but had no big prospects that he could give up. Kadri wasn't an option I guess, and a lot of other players he either didn't want to move, were to expensive, or Kings didn't want them. And that falls on the past management group of JFJ and Co. Burke has done a great job, but can't get there big named guys cause he doesn't want to give up more picks, and JFJ and Co. has a terrible minor league system with hardly any talent.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#1503 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed Tim Connolly for two years.

At least we got somebody. :v But hopefully he stays healthy.

Did you like him in Buffalo Los9090?

gameeer1

Connolly always left us wanting more. Those two concussions he got that knocked him out for 2 seasons each really are what prevented him from becoming the All-Star he could've been. Once he had to start stickhandling with his head up, I feel his game took a step back since he always had his darned head down. We always called him "Tin-Man" because he is very injury prone. We were hoping for moments like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svq1Zs8nmTQ which was his finest hour, but never got them. A change of scenery may be what Connolly needs, but I think Burke paid too much for him.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1504 Los9090
Good signing for the Caps in getting Vokoun. Dirt cheap for a legit #1
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1505 gameeer1

Maple Leafs send Lebda and Robert Slaney to Nashville in return for Cody Franson and Mathew Lombardi.

Didn't really like Lebda here, he didn't do anything. I am honestly happy to see him go.

Also, that Connolly goal was nifty. (:

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1506 Los9090

Maple Leafs send Lebda and Robert Slaney to Nashville in return for Cody Franson and Mathew Lombardi.

Didn't really like Lebda here, he didn't do anything. I am honestly happy to see him go.

gameeer1
Yeah, but he won't do that every game...loved the shortie he scored after he humiliated Alfredsson on that one play
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1507 gameeer1
[QUOTE="gameeer1"]

Los9090
Yeah, but he won't do that every game...loved the shortie he scored after he humiliated Alfredsson on that one play

I don't expect him to do it every game, but somewhat consistent if he stays healthy. That was one of the biggest things the Leafs lacked all season long. It started out to look a little promising, then they faltered.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1508 JohnBean42

gameeer1
Really like the move. Lebda kinda..sucked, and never heard of the other guy. We get a top 4 d-man, who's 6'5, scored 8 goals and 6 points in the playoffs, and fits the moldL young, big, possibly truculent defenseman. What does Burke do from here? Move Komi? That seems like the only logical move with Aulie looking like he's here to stay, Gunner signing a extension, Phaneuf and Schenn obviously staying and the new addition of John M-L. With this, that makes 6. I read something about Detroit wanting another d-man.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1509 gameeer1
[QUOTE="gameeer1"]

JohnBean42
Really like the move. Lebda kinda..sucked, and never heard of the other guy. We get a top 4 d-man, who's 6'5, scored 8 goals and 6 points in the playoffs, and fits the moldL young, big, possibly truculent defenseman. What does Burke do from here? Move Komi? That seems like the only logical move with Aulie looking like he's here to stay, Gunner signing a extension, Phaneuf and Schenn obviously staying and the new addition of John M-L. With this, that makes 6. I read something about Detroit wanting another d-man.

Then the question is if we get prospects/draft picks from Detroit then? Christ, I haven't been so excited for a season to start since the last time the Leafs made the playoffs in 2004.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1510 JohnBean42
[QUOTE="JohnBean42"][QUOTE="gameeer1"]

gameeer1

Then the question is if we get prospects/draft picks from Detroit then? Christ, I haven't been so excited for a season to start since the last time the Leafs made the playoffs in 2004.

I was excited 2 years ago. I saw a couple preseason games, and Kadri looked good, so did Kessel and Gustavsson. Didn't expect what happened happen.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1511 Los9090
I wonder if Dany Heatley has some serious character issues...asking for trades from Atlanta and Ottawa, and now he's been traded from San Jose to Minnesota
Sylviabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1512 Sylviabb
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Red Wings?
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1513 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Cup made it to Yosemite, i hope i can make it there soon :D http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/article_external/stanley_cup_makes_trip_to_yosemite_sits_atop_glacier_point_video/5379166
kaingel76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1514 kaingel76
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
GO HABS. As usual we didnt address our needs but we have good goal tending. Should be fun to see philli this year, will be interesting to see pitt fans response to Jagr when philli are in town. Should be an awsome season after a strong 2011 season, Bring it on
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1515 Los9090
Red Wings? Sylviabb
Umm, okay. What about them?
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1516 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

I wonder if Dany Heatley has some serious character issues...asking for trades from Atlanta and Ottawa, and now he's been traded from San Jose to MinnesotaLos9090

I can't speak for his time in Atlanta and Ottawa, but we had absolutely no problems whatsoever with Heatley when he was in San Jose. He never caused a single issue on or off the ice with the media, his coaches, or his teammates. His skillset just didn't really fit the team as well as we all hoped, and his cap hit of 7.5 million simply wasn't worth it. The team needed a boost in speed in the top 6 after Seto was traded, and Havlat brings an immense amount of speed. The extra 2.5 mill will help in re-signing Burns and Couture as well.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1517 Los9090

[QUOTE="Los9090"]I wonder if Dany Heatley has some serious character issues...asking for trades from Atlanta and Ottawa, and now he's been traded from San Jose to MinnesotaCJL182

I can't speak for his time in Atlanta and Ottawa, but we had absolutely no problems whatsoever with Heatley when he was in San Jose. He never caused a single issue on or off the ice with the media, his coaches, or his teammates. His skillset just didn't really fit the team as well as we all hoped, and his cap hit of 7.5 million simply wasn't worth it. The team needed a boost in speed in the top 6 after Seto was traded, and Havlat brings an immense amount of speed. The extra 2.5 mill will help in re-signing Burns and Couture as well.

His playoff performance left a bit to be desired.