nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#51 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

Dow Jones suffers the worst hit since twelve years ago.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@n64dd said:
@Vaasman said:
@n64dd said:
@Vaasman said:
@n64dd said:

Since this is all brand new? how do we know those people didn't die from other complications or wrong treatment?

Yes I'm sure everyone who was scanned and confirmed for covid was also bleeding from a stab wound.

Don't be stupid.

Did they already have weakened immune systems, would they have died from any other illness?

don't be stupid.

No dumbass, these are confirmed covid cases and deaths, and if your immune system is weakened or otherwise infected they wouldn't discount that the virus killed you anymore than they would if it was flu. The areas we need information for it in are not tracking fatalities, it's in contagiousness and treatment. You're making yourself look like a jackass for no reason, all of the data was provided for you to look at.

My point is, the flu would have killed them too. You're not an expert because you read a few articles on a new virus that nobody understands yet. So don't preach to me about being a jackass.

i don't understand where you're going with your arguments.

we know (roughly) based on the admittedly small sample sized vs. the flu that this appears at least currently to be more deadly.

just like the flu, fatalities so far seem to be focused on the elderly or those with already compromised health.

what is the point you are trying to make? that the flu is more deadly in terms of raw deaths? that's already well established given the millions that typically contract the flu each year. if you're trying to argue that you somehow KNOW covid-19 is less deadly from a % rate although you yourself already admitted we don't know enough about it yet, that makes little sense either.

seems like you're trying to argue just to argue.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2138 Posts

Lol @ the idiots, who keep bringing up the flu. When was the last time whole cities in multiple countries were closed down because of the fucking common flu? Without those measures we would already have millions of cases with hundreds of thousands dead.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@n64dd said:

So instead of acting like i'm crazy for disagreeing, how about you admit that they really don't have an accurate number yet?

ONCE AGAIN YOUR BIAS SHOWS.

What bias? Anything statistics and probability and you deal only in absolute numbers.

If 26 million Americans got covid-19 it's likely by numbers we have today that over half a million of them would be dead. Given that it spreads easier than the regular flu, maybe 40 million Americans would get it. Meaning you get close to 1 million deaths by it.

How does that number compare to your 14 000 by regular flu?

@Vaasman said:

Marketwatch is outdated. Multiple daily maps have it at 2,800 deaths right now for 82,000+ confirmed cases. Which is over 3%

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/maps-visuals

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Thanks.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@n64dd said:
@Vaasman said:

No dumbass, these are confirmed covid cases and deaths, and if your immune system is weakened or otherwise infected they wouldn't discount that the virus killed you anymore than they would if it was flu. The areas we need information for it in are not tracking fatalities, it's in contagiousness and treatment. You're making yourself look like a jackass for no reason, all of the data was provided for you to look at.

My point is, the flu would have killed them too. You're not an expert because you read a few articles on a new virus that nobody understands yet. So don't preach to me about being a jackass.

Then stop being a jackass, jackass. This isn't the fucking disease olympics, we should treat this and any potential viral diseases seriously, especially so when the death toll is already in the thousands.

I'm just saying it's overblown like the last 10 viruses that were supposed to end the world. Get yourself together man.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 N64DD

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:

So instead of acting like i'm crazy for disagreeing, how about you admit that they really don't have an accurate number yet?

ONCE AGAIN YOUR BIAS SHOWS.

What bias? Anything statistics and probability and you deal only in absolute numbers.

If 26 million Americans got covid-19 it's likely by numbers we have today that over half a million of them would be dead. Given that it spreads easier than the regular flu, maybe 40 million Americans would get it. Meaning you get close to 1 million deaths by it.

How does that number compare to your 14 000 by regular flu?

@Vaasman said:

Marketwatch is outdated. Multiple daily maps have it at 2,800 deaths right now for 82,000+ confirmed cases. Which is over 3%

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/maps-visuals

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Thanks.

First thing you learn about statistics is you can make them say whatever you want. Probability is unknown because it's still too new.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd said:

At this point just shut up, stop trolling.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By N64DD

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:

At this point just shut up, stop trolling.

I'm not trolling. I honestly believe that this is too new for everybody to read a few news articles and be experts. We don't know much about this virus, the professionals don't. I'm not saying we shouldn't care and just let it run rampant. I just think it's being blown out of proportion like the other viruses we've had over the last decade. Everytime they act like it's the black plague and it ends up being less severe than common colds.

If you disagree that's fine. You don't see me calling users jackasses and trolls about it.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@n64dd said:
@Vaasman said:

Then stop being a jackass, jackass. This isn't the fucking disease olympics, we should treat this and any potential viral diseases seriously, especially so when the death toll is already in the thousands.

I'm just saying it's overblown like the last 10 viruses that were supposed to end the world. Get yourself together man.

Confirmed cases are already ten times that of SARS, and death toll around 3.5 times it. And that's at the final estimates of SARS. https://www.who.int/csr/sars/country/2003_07_11/en/

Again this isn't disease olympics, but it's clearly not overblown and at it's contagion rate it still has the potential to be a major pandemic. Trying to deny that we should consider this seriously through fallacy of relative privation is embarrassingly dense.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Tim Pool has been talking about this virus non stop, interesting stuff

Loading Video...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jeezers

Tim posted another one today..

Looks like california is freaking out, Cali looks to be where its going to start here.

Iran, Italy, South Korea are all having serious outbreaks. Its getting out of hand and spreading fast.

I dont blame Trump, but maybe we should halt all immigration and build a bio dome around the country.

California will not be allowed in the bio dome. Its for the best.

Loading Video...

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 N64DD

@Vaasman said:
@n64dd said:
@Vaasman said:

Confirmed cases are already ten times that of SARS, and death toll around 3.5 times it. And that's at the final estimates of SARS. https://www.who.int/csr/sars/country/2003_07_11/en/

Again this isn't disease olympics, but it's clearly not overblown and at it's contagion rate it still has the potential to be a major pandemic. Trying to deny that we should consider this seriously through fallacy of relative privation is embarrassingly dense.

Nobody is saying to ignore it. I've just seen this all before.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd: I will reconsider taking you serious in discussions like these when you provide some reasoning behind calling the probability rate and statistics something you can get to say whatever you want.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vaasman

@n64dd said:
@Vaasman said:

Nobody is saying to ignore it. I've just seen this all before.

Really, because it sure sounds like you're trying to downplay it as not worth attention.

Stats and facts are saying otherwise, but keep up the denial with no information and clear fallacy.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jeezers

@Vaasman: don't you think its kinda gross that people are weaponizing a virus that started in China, as a political weapon against the president of the US?

I want us to stop the virus from spreading, but the premise of this thread is going to set it up for failure.... lol good luck having a conversation about the severity of the virus with the conversation revolving around blaming the president for it.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Vaasman

@jeezers said:

@Vaasman: don't you think its kinda gross that people are weaponizing a virus that started in China, as a political weapon against the president of the US?

I want us to stop the virus from spreading, but the premise of this thread is going to set it up for failure.... lol good luck having a conversation about the severity of the virus with the conversation revolving around blaming the president for it.

The president put a guy who doesn't believe in evolution in charge of a virus, after issuing a budget removing large portions of the CDC. And he's ensuring researchers must have statements politically approved before making them.

If it's a political weapon, then it's a gun in his own hands and you're mad we called him out for shooting his own foot.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jeezers

@Vaasman said:
@jeezers said:

The president put a guy who doesn't believe in evolution in charge of a virus, after issuing a budget removing large portions of the CDC. And he's ensuring researchers must have statements politically approved before making them.

If it's a political weapon, then it's a gun in his own hands and you're mad we called him out for shooting his own foot.

like i said, thread set up for failure when it comes to having reasonable conversation, thanks for proving my point

have fun blaming trump for the virus, i'm sure other TDS comrades will join in with you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

This does not inspire confidence,

Trump picks Pence to lead coronavirus response, critics point out his handling of HIV outbreak

Pray the virus away?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@zaryia: when it hits the fan he will place all blame on mike pence.

If it goes well, trump will take all credit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@jeezers: conservatives see blaming Democrats for making the virus in order to crash the economy and hurt trump.

Does that upset you too?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Vaasman

@jeezers said:
@Vaasman said:

like i said, thread set up for failure when it comes to having reasonable conversation, thanks for proving my point

have fun blaming trump for the virus, i'm sure other TDS comrades will join in with you.

Do you deny that the president's budget removed the portion of the CDC for management of pandemics? Do you deny that Mike Pence his appointed virus manager disregards science and evolution? Do you deny that his appointed head of the CDC doesn't know how to find an online virus map, or that the acting DHS head couldn't give basic facts to Republican questions in a hearing?

I don't blame Trump for Covid 19. It's not like he engineered and unleashed it into Chyna as a grand conspiracy. But pretending he as head of the executive isn't accountable for deliberate government incompetence that could lead to exacerbating the problem, is pure denial. Add to it we're on a political board so of course we're talking about the political repercussions.

Only TDS is coming from the doofs like yourself, all too happy to downplay and ignore the threat of viral outbreak instead of accepting there's a problem and your godking might not be doing his best to fix it. If you can't argue why the leader of the country can't , shouldn't, and/or isn't doing more to keep us safe, then you're best not arguing at all. Keep your head in the sand and hope like the rest of us that it just blows over.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jeezers

@Nuck81 said:

@zaryia: when it hits the fan he will place all blame on mike pence.

If it goes well, trump will take all credit.

I think its funny that you guys are focusing on what the virus means in regards to Trump, but don't seem to talk about the virus itself.

A pandemic breaks out in China and is spreading across the globe and you guys are worried about how this affects Trump politically....

Look at these numbers

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html

This isn't a "Trump" story, you guys sound ridiculous. But that seems to be the focus. I get you guys dont like Trump but holy balls can you stop trying to link absolutely every bad thing you see to trump.. Remember the "thanks Obama" memes.

They were funny because it was silly how some people blamed Obama for EVERYTHING.

That's how you guys look now, you are the new whiny babies

and your even worse than the republicans back then

and i found them to be annoying asf.

You guys are treating this worldwide virus as a political game...

Well if its a game then Macron has 2 more deaths from the virus than Trump, he must be a horrible person too, this virus is Macrons fault!!!

I also can stoop to this level of absurdity lol

Lets all flop around in the pig pen of insane partisan politics.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@r-gamer said:

Oh look another leftwing circle jerk here on gamespot.

Care to explain why the OP is wrong?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@drunk_pi: Care to explain why their right? It's the usual suspects somehow blaming a virus that came out of China on Trump.

It's infected a whopping 60 people in the states with 0 deaths. So please continue the meltdown. Typical leftwing hysteria.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@r-gamer said:

"(Lamar) Alexander called the funding request “a good start,” adding, “if they need more, we’ll appropriate it.”"

"Separately, problems with a test developed by the CDC has delayed the ability of state and local health departments to test patients for the coronavirus."

Oh look OP's same article, guess he forgot to add it to his thread start again. lol.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@r-gamer said:

you're welcome to leave.

Heck, weren't you already banned once before, why even comeback if you don't like it

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zaryia

@npiet1 said:
@drunk_pi said:
@r-gamer said:

"(Lamar) Alexander called the funding request “a good start,” adding, “if they need more, we’ll appropriate it.”"

"Separately, problems with a test developed by the CDC has delayed the ability of state and local health departments to test patients for the coronavirus."

Oh look OP's same article, guess he forgot to add it to his thread start again. lol.

I can't copy and paste entire articles, that is just spam. It also doesn't change the fact of Trump's prior cuts or spouting nonsense.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#79 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@zaryia: What prior cuts?

I saw there was some confusion about Trump's alledged proposed cuts in the news as of late. See the below article:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/485025-ap-fact-checkers-find-biden-bloomberg-paint-distorted-picture-on-trump-cdc

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zaryia

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@zaryia: What prior cuts?

I saw there was some confusion about Trump's alledged proposed cuts in the news as of late. See the below article:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/485025-ap-fact-checkers-find-biden-bloomberg-paint-distorted-picture-on-trump-cdc

The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@zaryia: it's fine, it's not like we're encouraging typhoid Mary's by prohibiting diagnosis and treatment via artificially high healthcare costs.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 R-Gamer

@drlostrib: I was never banned, but when you can't form a logical argument like all the lefties in this thread they just call me an alt and bring up past arguments that never happened.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia: So your whole cuts notion stems from the firing/relocating of a few person white house team? ...

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DrLostRib

@r-gamer said:

@drlostrib: I was never banned, but when you can't form a logical argument like all the lefties in this thread they just call me an alt and bring up past arguments that never happened.

so what did you get banned for?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Vaasman

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@zaryia: So your whole cuts notion stems from the firing/relocating of a few person white house team? ...

Would you care to expand on this thought process? What exactly would you call personnel removal and budget reduction, if not a cut?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Zaryia

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Yes. I personally do not think he should have done that. Some experts agree with me as well.

But to be clear I'm not blaming this entire situation on Trump. He clearly did not make Coronavirus or bring it to USA.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 R-Gamer

@drlostrib: Apparently reading comprehension isn't your thing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@n64dd said:
@horgen said:

@LJS9502_basic: Again N64DD shows a complete lack of understanding and only use absolute numbers.

@n64dd according to Marketwatch the current fatality rate is estimate to 2.1% for the coronavirus. While the total death total is still far lower than the 14000 or so who have dead by the seasonal flu alone in US, it is 14000 out of an estimated 26 million, 26 000 000, infected. If 26 million Americans got infected with Coronavirus, almost 550 000 are estimate to die because of it.

SInce we still know nothing about it, i'd say that 2.1 percent is a guess. Vaasman threw out a 3 percent which proves my point.

Math is math. Stop arguing against it.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@zaryia said:
@npiet1 said:
@drunk_pi said:
@r-gamer said:

I can't copy and paste entire articles, that is just spam. It also doesn't change the fact of Trump's prior cuts or spouting nonsense.

Yeah so everyone else can do it but you just happen to leave out any rebuttable from the aritcles every time because "Spam" lol. Also you mean the cut to stop the CDC from going overseas.

"America stop being world police, stop melding over seas."

"America help!" lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/02/01/cdc-to-cut-by-80-percent-efforts-to-prevent-global-disease-outbreak/ (The original source, your snopes sauces. Don't know why you never use the original sources.).

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic: Words are words.

You literally just spoke gibberish, are you drunk?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 comp_atkins

@r-gamer said:

@drunk_pi: Care to explain why their right? It's the usual suspects somehow blaming a virus that came out of China on Trump.

It's infected a whopping 60 people in the states with 0 deaths. So please continue the meltdown. Typical leftwing hysteria.

dude.. this is a POLITICAL board. of course anything posted on a POLITICAL board is going to be spun with POLITICS.

if you want to have an apolitical discussion about the outbreak, start a topic over in off-topic.

OHMG! people are making political topics on a politics board! why do dey haff to do that?!?

jeez.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DrLostRib

@r-gamer said:

@drlostrib: Apparently reading comprehension isn't your thing.

oh right...

uh, hypothetically speaking, what did you get banned for?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia: Just reeks of political pandering. If members of Congress think not enough is being done by the CDC, then they need to allocate more resources because they're the ones who have the power of the purse.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By R-Gamer

@comp_atkins: lol I'm just laughing at the leftwing circle jerk here on gamespot. That some how 60 people infected in the US( 42 of which were on a cruise ship..) somehow is linked to Trump doing a shitty job. So please tell me I'm waiting.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 rmpumper

This whole thing will only raise Sanders' chances of winning 2020, seeing as how the current system is more interested in making a profit off of testing potential carriers/sick rather than in stopping it from spreading.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

The Trump admin is a joke. No new news.

What is a joke is the congress. The Trump administration has been on top of the virus since it appeared. procedures and crisis response to this kind of pandemic automatically kick in to address the problem. Trump for the first time in fifty years quarantined people coming into the country. He set up a task force over a month ago to handle the problem. Trump went to the CDC and ask what they needed to work on this problem. They said they needed more money and Trump got it for them. What is the Democrat answer, open borders, let anyone into the country, poop covered streets in major cities in California, destroy the best health system in the world, praise China and condemn the President. Chuck wants eight billion dollars but doesn't say what for. That is the Democrat answer for everything throw money at a problem with out ever solving the problem. The Democrats use every occurrence to scare people to achieve a political objective. Just like climate change. The death rate so far from the corona virus is two present of people who get the disease. In the United States there are three hundred and thirty million people Less than eighty people has contracted the disease and there have been no fatalities. Listening to the Democrats and the main stream media the sky is falling. They don't care about the people only getting their power back. That is who they are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#97 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Holly shit Jim! 🤣

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rmpumper

Jim is either payed to post this nonsense or is living in a fantasy land.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 N64DD

@phbz said:

Holly shit Jim! 🤣

He just ripped the world asunder brah.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 comp_atkins

@r-gamer said:

@comp_atkins: lol I'm just laughing at the leftwing circle jerk here on gamespot. That some how 60 people infected in the US( 42 of which were on a cruise ship..) somehow is linked to Trump doing a shitty job. So please tell me I'm waiting.

who is making the case that it is?