NOOOO!!! Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Confirmed! (UPDATE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts? UPDATE: MY POINT
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="b3yondstupidity"]Well if it bothers you so much just don't go online I don't see what the big deal is.Chaos_Bladez

It's the principle involved .. if this MP takes away from what Uncharted is, one of the best SP experiences there is, then it will be a huge let down on NDs part.

THANKS! That makes me, you, & AnFangs. THIS IS THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE. No one seems to get this... THIS PRINCIPLE has me worried.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

wasn't necessary, but ill still try out this game

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.

what is there to do besides co-op?
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I think they should have focused 100% on the singleplayer and Co-op,but if the multiplayer is good then I see no problem.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tikicobra
[QUOTE="supa_badman"][QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.

what is there to do besides co-op?

I don't know what relevance this post has to mine, but I'm assuming a lot... ?
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.

I don't really remember many people asking for online multiplayer in the first game, not every game needs it. It might not be horrible but it's not gonna be a selling point for anyone, making it a waste of time and money. Uncharted, like MGS4, GTAIV, & Bioshock 2, is a game where the single player is the main draw for almost all the people. The single player is so up and beyond most of everything out there that multiplayer couldn't even come close to competing. MGO and GTAIV online isn't bad but I would, like 95% of the people out there, would rather cruise by myself in single player. I'm calling saying it won't be the main multiplayer game I play this fall and if I'm wrong I'll totally apologize and eat crow. But until then...
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Wasn't Uncharted 1 's lack of mulitplayer something alot of people were whining about?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Naughty Dog won't screw it up, I'm not worried.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Just relax Chaos...I'm skeptical too but in Naughty Dog I trust. I don't think ND will just add something on to say "look we now have multiplayer too," they obviously feel confidence that the can deliver a solid multiplayer experience.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
I'll judge it when I play it
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

What the heck?

I've never heard of people complaining about having an extra mode.

Ignore it and it will not affect you, I for one am really looking forward to it.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I think they should have worked soley on the single player and story instead of devoting resources to an unnecessary multiplayer. I dont get this requirment of any game that features a gun to have online multiplayer, arent there enough of these already? Bioshock, Uncharted two games that don't need multiplayer, but the shooter crowd whine and moaned it in. And co-op is so overrated in this day and age of games.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.Chaos_Bladez
I don't really remember many people asking for online multiplayer in the first game, not every game needs it. It might not be horrible but it's not gonna be a selling point for anyone, making it a waste of time and money. Uncharted, like MGS4, GTAIV, & Bioshock 2, is a game where the single player is the main draw for almost all the people. The single player is so up and beyond most of everything out there that multiplayer couldn't even come close to competing. MGO and GTAIV online isn't bad but I would, like 95% of the people out there, would rather cruise by myself in single player. I'm calling saying it won't be the main multiplayer game I play this fall and if I'm wrong I'll totally apologize and eat crow. But until then...

Well, don't play Uncharted 2's multiplayer then.

As a matter of fact, online multiplayer IS a selling point for me. I wouldn't even think of buying Uncharted 2 if it didn't have online multiplayer. And to those who think that having an online play feature will take away from the single campaign, it doesn't have to be true. Both MGSIV and GTAIV are perfect examples of critically acclaimed 'AAA titles' which had online play. It may not have been stellar but at least, it was there.

I have good faith in Naughty Dog. Just try the beta or wait until the game is released before you judge anything.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tikicobra
I mostly agree with you, but I'd buy the game even if it didn't have multiplayer. :|
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.Tikicobra

:lol: What? Not everyone wants online multiplayer .. where have you been?

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.QuebecSuperstar

As a matter of fact, online multiplayer IS a selling point for me. I wouldn't even think of buying Uncharted 2 if it didn't have online multiplayer. And to those who think that having an online play feature will take away from the single campaign, it doesn't have to be true. Both MGSIV and GTAIV are perfect examples of critically acclaimed 'AAA titles' which had online play. It may not have been stellar but at least, it was there.

I have good faith in Naughty Dog. Just try the beta or wait until the game is released before you judge anything.

That is just dumb. As a developer, why would one want to add something when it isn't made to the same quality and polish as they always do with all of their products. I would rather see as much work put into the single player as possible instead of the inclusion of a subpar multiplayer just to please those who cannot get used to how gaming has been for the past 6 generations...mainly focused on Single Player experiences...
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
why are you mad about U2 having mp? if it's good, then i dont see any reason to complain :P
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
Uncharted 2 has had over a year of dev time, and 7 months still to go. by this point they are done with the story mode of the game, so they have time to make the MP not feel "tacked on" at all... Uncharted NEEDS to be bought for its SP yes, but adding MP to a game who's SP is done isnt going to do anything to harm the SP portion of the game. It's really time to stop crying about this.
Harry_Balzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Harry_Balzac
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

Wasn't Uncharted 1 's lack of mulitplayer something alot of people were whining about?

Storm_Marine
Yep, I loved Unchartered, but once single player ended, that was it, and I thought, why the hell didn't they add multiplayer? If Gears can pull it off, then Unchartered should be more than capable. I'm so glad they are doing this, I just hope it is not online co-op. I want Unchartered 2 deathmatches, treasurehunters and other game team based and every man for themselves online matches.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 K1LLR3175
[QUOTE="urdead18"]

What the heck?

Ignore it and it will not affect you, I for one am really looking forward to it.

I just think people worry about it being tacked on and bad....The Darkness,Prey.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tikicobra

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.CanadianCR

:lol: What? Nobody wants online multiplayer .. where have you been?

Not here, but the PlayStation forums had lots of threads about it.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CanadianCR

Doesn't really matter, as long as the single player campaign is longer and better than the first .. then I don't care. If it lacks, I will be greatly disappointed ..

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.Tikicobra

:lol: What? Nobody wants online multiplayer .. where have you been?

Not here, but the PlayStation forums had lots of threads about it.

And those are all the people that matter? They aren't considered the 'people' .. :roll:

As long as the single player is good, I don't care ..

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"] Yeah I'll admit the post I made was super harsh but I'm prepared for the worst seeing as more and more games are having tacked on multiplayer.

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.QuebecSuperstar

You're right on the whole MGS and GTA thing but those are the only 2 we can think of that was ok with or without it. There are so many titles that HAVE the problem of tacked on multiplayer. Naughty Dog is awesome but I'm worried (duh captain obvious :P).
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tikicobra

Doesn't really matter, as long as the single player campaign is longer and better than the first .. then I don't care. If it lacks, I will be greatly disappointed ..

CanadianCR
Naughty Dog said to IGN that the story will be bigger and better than the first, and that they're listening to fans' complaints and fixing the problems with the first.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Naughty Dog hasn't given anyone a reason to doubt them. As long as the multiplayer doesn't take away from the single player, there isn't a problem. And so far there's no proof the multiplayer IS taking away from the single player, so I'm not sure why some people are so upset.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

What the heck?

urdead18

Unless it, you know, pulls away resources from making an even better single-player, by, you know, using resources.

Kind of like it's doing.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tikicobra

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

What the heck?

AnFangs_Endes

Kind of like it's doing.

As if you'd know.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chaos_Bladez

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

What the heck?

AnFangs_Endes

Unless it, you know, pulls away resources from making an even better single-player, by, you know, using resources.

Kind of like it's doing.

My point. Those people working on multiplayer can be adding new things that might not be totally freaking awesome but Uncharted was all about the details and having more would be awesome. It is costing money. Keep that in mind.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

Tikicobra

Naughty Dog said to IGN that the story will be bigger and better than the first, and that they're listening to fans' complaints and fixing the problems with the first.

I don't care what they said .. they have to deliver .. people can say whatever they want ..

In ten years I'm going to be rich and have a big breasted wife .. I can say it but can I deliver?

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

What the heck?

Tikicobra

Kind of like it's doing.

As if you'd know.

And you do? To prove him otherwise?

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tikicobra

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

I don't care what they said .. they have to deliver .. people can say whatever they want ..

In ten years I'm going to be rich and have a big breasted wife .. I can say but can I deliver?

The difference is that Naughty Dog has been delivering on their promises since Crash Bandicoot.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"] Naughty Dog said to IGN that the story will be bigger and better than the first, and that they're listening to fans' complaints and fixing the problems with the first.Tikicobra

In ten years I'm going to be rich and have a big breasted wife .. I can say but can I deliver?

The difference is that Naughty Dog has been delivering on their promises since Crash Bandicoot.

:lol: I applaud you .. you've made my day ..

Love talking to stubborn walls ..

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tikicobra

CanadianCR

I apologize for not jumping on the bandwagon and immediately assuming the multiplayer will suck. Sorry if I'd like to believe it has a chance.

And how am I the stubborn one again? Because I refuse to say it's going to be awful? Because you're doing the same thing, no?

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 K1LLR3175
Now,Now my freakies no need to fight.I am pretty sure the game will be good period.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chaos_Bladez
Games with tacked on multiplayer: Riddick Dark Sector Darkness Prey RE5 (had to pay for it which is worse) Maybe Fear 2? Banjo Kazooie Saints Row Overlord (I think) Maybe Ninja Gaiden 2 (not out yet but think about it) Turok Blacksite Kane + Lynch Time Shift Think about it. I don't who it is that said it here but the shootery crowd demanded online.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CosmoKing7717
Uncharted 2 has had over a year of dev time, and 7 months still to go. by this point they are done with the story mode of the game, so they have time to make the MP not feel "tacked on" at all... Uncharted NEEDS to be bought for its SP yes, but adding MP to a game who's SP is done isnt going to do anything to harm the SP portion of the game. It's really time to stop crying about this.SuperMario254
...You honestly think that it's easy for a dev to finish making an epic single player game that fast?
nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

how do you know it's going to be a tacked on experience? they could do something really good. play it b4 you criticize it.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"] The difference is that Naughty Dog has been delivering on their promises since Crash Bandicoot.Tikicobra

I apologize for not jumping on the bandwagon and immediately assuming the multiplayer will suck. Sorry if I'd like to believe it has a chance.

I never said it was going to suck .. still a first day purchase for me .. I'm just hoping the single player campaign doesn't fall a little bit short because of the addition. I don't care how long they've been working on it .. I'm sure the multiplayer has been worked on for a long time without anyone even knowing ..

The question is how long? Did they take anyone from their original crew to work on it? How many people?

There are so many questions that have to be answered.

Do I still think it will deliver, yes .. in the great way it could have? Time will tell ..

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tikicobra
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]Games with tacked on multiplayer: Riddick Dark Sector Darkness Prey RE5 (had to pay for it which is worse) Maybe Fear 2? Banjo Kazooie Saints Row Overlord (I think) Maybe Ninja Gaiden 2 (not out yet but think about it) Turok Blacksite Kane + Lynch Time Shift Think about it. I don't who it is that said it here but the shootery crowd demanded online.

What's your point? Because these games have poor multiplayer Uncharted 2 will as well? You could say the same thing for any other game, couldn't you?
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CosmoKing7717
[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

The difference is that Naughty Dog has been delivering on their promises since Crash Bandicoot.Tikicobra

And how am I the stubborn one again? Because I refuse to say it's going to be awful? Because you're doing the same thing, no?

It could be an amazing multiplayer experience and i will still be mad that resources are being pulled from making the singleplayer experience as great as it could be...wasn't that the issue being talked about here?
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chaos_Bladez

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"] The difference is that Naughty Dog has been delivering on their promises since Crash Bandicoot.Tikicobra

It won't be awful! I'm just saying why waste time on something that won't be as good as the campaign! Another point is when you play a game online, you usually play the best of the best. It won't be that good, period. It might not suck like a black hole but it won't be in the top 3 multiplayer games you own.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tikicobra

CanadianCR

I never said it was going to suck .. still a first day purchase for me .. I'm just hoping the single player campaign doesn't fall a little bit short because of the addition. I don't care how long they've been working on it .. I'm sure the multiplayer has been worked on for a long time without anyone even knowing ..

The question is how long? Did they take anyone from their original crew to work on it? How many people?

There are so many questions that have to be answered.

Do I still think it will deliver, yes .. in the great way it could have? Time will tell ..

Ok, fine. I guess we'll have to wait for the official announcement on the 27th. Then we can see what the deal is.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="Tikicobra"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]Games with tacked on multiplayer: Riddick Dark Sector Darkness Prey RE5 (had to pay for it which is worse) Maybe Fear 2? Banjo Kazooie Saints Row Overlord (I think) Maybe Ninja Gaiden 2 (not out yet but think about it) Turok Blacksite Kane + Lynch Time Shift Think about it. I don't who it is that said it here but the shootery crowd demanded online.

What's your point? Because these games have poor multiplayer Uncharted 2 will as well? You could say the same thing for any other game, couldn't you?

No, not at all. I'm just saying most of those games up there focus on single player like Uncharted and I bet you almost all of those servers are pretty empty. If it's not the focus most people don't really play it. Resistance 2, KZ2, & COD focus a lot on online and they are rewarded with a lot of people playing all day, every day.
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

im actually glad they added a MP..

personally I dont feel like paying 60+ bucks on an 8 hour game with no mp :D

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

As if you'd know.Tikicobra

You're right, I can't possibly know that they're using resources on creating multiplayer that could have been used to enhance single-player.

My point. Those people working on multiplayer can be adding new things that might not be totally freaking awesome but Uncharted was all about the details and having more would be awesome. It is costing money. Keep that in mind.Chaos_Bladez

Hey Chaos, long-time no-see. :D

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

as i said before, naughty dog are one of the few companies (along with insomniac) who don't screw things up.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tikicobra

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]As if you'd know.AnFangs_Endes

You're right, I can't possibly know that they're using resources on creating multiplayer that could have been used to enhance single-player.

My point. Those people working on multiplayer can be adding new things that might not be totally freaking awesome but Uncharted was all about the details and having more would be awesome. It is costing money. Keep that in mind.Chaos_Bladez

Hey Chaos, long-time no-see. :D

No, you can't possibly know. You know absolutely nothing about multiplayer. You don't know the modes, the features, and you haven't seen any footage. You can't just assume it's going to take away from the single player.