NOOOO!!! Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Confirmed! (UPDATE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]DUDE WHAT'S UP! :D Where ya been?!? :P We are so on the same page in the same book. You just get it. :DAnFangs_Endes

I've been off in the wonderful land of school, trying to keep the grades high this year. :lol:

I've got Senioritis and I'm not doing jack in my classes! :P Holy crap this thread is way bigger than I originally thought and it's getting messy and thoughts are getting misinterpreted. I think we all agree that U2 single player will be great and multiplayer has obstacles to go through to be played more than 10 minutes. CandianCR, you are Gamespot poster of the month for your "work" here. You're pretty awesome! :P
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#102 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts

@CanadianCR

I don't care what kind of argument this starts. You can flame me all you want, but you seem to believe that your opinion is fact, and also that by being sarcastic your comebacks are arguments are automatically valid. To me it just looks like you're egging SuperMario254 on.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

[QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]DUDE WHAT'S UP! :D Where ya been?!? :P We are so on the same page in the same book. You just get it. :DChaos_Bladez

I've been off in the wonderful land of school, trying to keep the grades high this year. :lol:

I've got Senioritis and I'm not doing jack in my classes! :P Holy crap this thread is way bigger than I originally thought and it's getting messy and thoughts are getting misinterpreted. I think we all agree that U2 single player will be great and multiplayer has obstacles to go through to be played more than 10 minutes. CandianCR, you are Gamespot poster of the month for your "work" here. You're pretty awesome! :P

:lol: Thanks .. someone has to do the dirty work .. ;)

SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperMario254"]

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

:lol: :lol:

It's a word .. take it for what it's worth .. but I do get a kick out of you getting your panties in a knot over it ..

CanadianCR

Sorry to tell you that no panties have gotten "in a bunch" over it, I am still as calm as I was when I woke up this morning. Though I do find it intriguing that you completely failed to mention anything about the "ass out of you" comment that I had made.

:lol: You know what makes this even better .. you said my insults/posts would continue to be unnoticed by yourself .. :lol: .. you just couldn't help yourself eh ..

When said remark was made, it was in reference to if you continued to call me"kid"... sadly it seems that you didn't comprehend that... public school, right?

*sigh* having to edit a post because of a broken space bar..

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 CanadianCR

@CanadianCR

I don't care what kind of argument this starts. You can flame me all you want, but you seem to believe that your opinion is fact, and also that by being sarcastic your comebacks are arguments are automatically valid. To me it just looks like you're egging SuperMario254 on.

Tikicobra

I'm not egging anyone on .. he made a statement that said my posts would go unnoticed by him .. he instantly replied .. I pointed it out ..

Why does it sound like my opinions are coming off as fact? Because it seems like everyone that is PRO MP, are speaking facts .. with little to back them up ..

AbyssD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#106 AbyssD
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts

I don't care if they hove MP or don't i still want this game so badly :D

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="SuperMario254"] Sorry to tell you that no panties have gotten "in a bunch" over it, I am still as calm as I was when I woke up this morning. Though I do find it intriguing that you completely failed to mention anything about the "ass out of you" comment that I had made.

SuperMario254

:lol: You know what makes this even better .. you said my insults/posts would continue to be unnoticed by yourself .. :lol: .. you just couldn't help yourself eh ..

When said remark was made, it was in referenceto if you continued tocallme"kid"... sadly it seems that you didn't comprehend that... public school, right?

Then why did you add POSTS as one of the words .. every word I type is apart of my POST, which you said would go unnoticed .. which in fact they did not.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"]

I agree that that was dumb but what does it have to do with the actual gameplay?

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

:lol: Yet more will agree than disagree .. so yes ..

CosmoKing7717

And you got that eloquent statistic from.........?

Didn't you say yourself the multiplayer was not that great before like the singleplayer was..."It may not have been stellar but at least, it was there"

You see, that's EXACTLY what I meant by the 'spoiled gamer' attitude.

I said it wasn't 'stellar'. CanadianCR said it was 'terrible'. There's a world of difference between the 2 yet you seem to imply that I just contradicted myself. That means that in your mind, if a game is not 'stellar', it's 'terrible'. Right?

And by the way CanadianCR, from what I gathered, there's a great bunch of people who like MGO so without exact figures, let's keep our estimations to ourselves, shall we?

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

Didn't you say yourself the multiplayer was not that great before like the singleplayer was..."It may not have been stellar but at least, it was there"

I said it wasn't 'stellar'. CanadianCR said it was 'terrible'. There's a world of difference between the 2 yet you seem to imply that I just contradicted myself. That means that in your mind, if a game is not 'stellar', it's 'terrible'. Right?

And by the way CanadianCR, from what I gathered, there's a great bunch of people who like MGO so without exact figures, let's keep our estimations to ourselves, shall we?

I never even meantioned Canadian in any of my posts...i just said it wasnt up to par with the singleplayer...you asked how you can compare singleplayer and multiplayer when before you said yourself the multiplayer wasn't that stellar...i never implied the multiplayer was terrible as canadian stated...just not as polished as the singleplayer...
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 SuperMario254

[QUOTE="SuperMario254"]

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

When said remark was made, it was in reference to if you continued to call me"kid"... sadly it seems that you didn't comprehend that... public school, right?

Then why did you add POSTS as one of the words .. every word I type is apart of my POST, which you said would go unnoticed .. which in fact they did not.

Again.. they have yet to go unnoticed because, as previously stated.. you have not since referred to me as "kid". It simply would not make any sense for me to say that I was going to ignore all of your posts because of the kid comment, and just ignore them from that point.. see, I'm of the mindset that people have to be given a chance to prove themselves, and I have given you said chance in good faith that you could refrain from using the term "kid" as a form of addressing/insulting a person.

-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

I don't mind..

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

QuebecSuperstar

And there's a great bunch of people who don't .. so alright ..

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="SuperMario254"] When said remark was made, it was in reference to if you continued to call me"kid"... sadly it seems that you didn't comprehend that... public school, right?

SuperMario254

Again.. they have yet to go unnoticed because, as previously stated.. you have not since referred to me as "kid". It simply would not make any sense for me to say that I was going to ignore all of your posts because of the kid comment, and just ignore them from that point.. see, I'm of the mindset that people have to be given a chance to prove themselves, and I have given you said chance in good faith that you could refrain from using the term "kid" as a form of addressing/insulting a person.

You USED the word POSTS in your description .. maybe you should have used a better word ..

I can refer to anyone, anyway I want .. I used it once .. have I used it since? So I have refrained .. :roll:

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Tikicobra
I can refer to anyone, anyway I want ..CanadianCR
Well, I wouldn't say that. Over the Internet, yeah, I suppose, but you can't just walk up to someone and yell "hey, fatty, out of the way!". Sorry, it's irrelevant, but I had to say it. >___>
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SuperMario254
Instead of quoteing your post and taking up even more room im just going to start a fresh post here. Could I have used a better word? Yes I could have, I will grant you that, and I said that you havnt used it since... hence the reason I have continued to reply to you.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Whatever happens with multiplayer, everyone thats negative is going to have the same view - it 'detracts' from the singleplayer because they aren't spending time on it. MP will not be 'tacked' on... it will be worked on, and will be, hopefully, a great experience, and they aren't going to make it hurt the single player campaign. Think about it for a few seconds. Naughty Dog, who spend time to make quality games aren't going to waste, what, year, 2 years? They are going to make the best game possible. Just trust a developer for once. Naughty Dog aren't the $5 tacked on DLC, delayed games, unfinished games type of developer. If you don't agree, go play Uncharted again.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]I can refer to anyone, anyway I want ..Tikicobra
Well, I wouldn't say that. Over the Internet, yeah, I suppose, but you can't just walk up to someone and yell "hey, fatty, out of the way!". Sorry, it's irrelevant, but I had to say it. >___>

:lol: Well I can refer to them as fatty if I'd like .. wouldn't be nice .. but it can be done ..

B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts
Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts?Chaos_Bladez
dude , why do you have to complain about uncharted 2 multiplayer, jeeeeezzeeeee, multiplayer will be as good as single player, u make me so frustrated complaining about multiplayer in a very good game that people want, in my opinion, GTA4 shouldnt of had multiplayer, becuase its a role playing game, GTA4 to me just sounds like single player, but it has another mode, wich i do like, gosh, stop complaining man, chiiilllll
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts?B-L-I-N-G-A-H
dude , why do you have to complain about uncharted 2 multiplayer, jeeeeezzeeeee, multiplayer will be as good as single player, u make me so frustrated complaining about multiplayer in a very good game that people want, in my opinion, GTA4 shouldnt of had multiplayer, becuase its a role playing game, GTA4 to me just sounds like single player, but it has another mode, wich i do like, gosh, stop complaining man, chiiilllll

You lost all credibility when you said GTA4 is a role playing game .. wow .. :roll:

ayyash1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#120 ayyash1991
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts

i think the multi players is a good idea

splodge200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#121 splodge200
Member since 2004 • 139 Posts

what the hell is wrong with multiplayer??

it worked in gears. more or less the same premise. i htink it will work. as for it runing the single player story NAAAAAAAAAH the best thing about uncharted is the story. i dout it would be any differnt in the sequal.

stop worrying and save judgement for when its released im still as excited as ever for this game.

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

Okay, whatever. I suppose I'm being a hypocrite by telling you that you don't know, when in reality I don't either. Can we just wait for more information, and then we can form an opinion?Tikicobra

Not quite.

My point is not about the quality of the multiplayer; it's that it's using resources that could be put towards making an even better single-player experience.

So I do believe I know that it'll affect me, even if I ignore it.

I've got Senioritis and I'm not doing jack in my cIasses! :P

Holy crap this thread is way bigger than I originally thought and it's getting messy and thoughts are getting misinterpreted. I think we all agree that U2 single player will be great and multiplayer has obstacles to go through to be played more than 10 minutes.Chaos_Bladez

I had that too for a while, but then I got a final-mark of something like 83% in my first Eng. course, and now I'm trying a bit harder in the second one. :oops:

Gotta love that forum-haze.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Tikicobra

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Okay, whatever. I suppose I'm being a hypocrite by telling you that you don't know, when in reality I don't either. Can we just wait for more information, and then we can form an opinion?AnFangs_Endes

Not quite.

My point is not about the quality of the multiplayer; it's that it's using resources that could be put towards making an even better single-player experience.

So I do believe I know that it'll affect me, even if I ignore it

As I recall, Metal Gear Online didn't detract from Metal Gear Solid 4's story. I really don't see why you assume it's going to detract from Uncharted 2's.

VoiceOfPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 VoiceOfPlanet
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts
Wait a minute. There are people out there who actually liked the gunplay in Uncharted? Are you all forgetting how tedious and bland it was? Remember, people, those endless waves of pirates were the thing that was keeping you from doing more platforming and exploration, you know, the part of the game that was actually done well. Uncharted was a good platforming/climbing/exploration game with a mediocre stop-and-pop third person shooter tacked on. Don't get me wrong, I loved Uncharted but it had a nasty habit of knowing exactly when you were really excited for the next plot point to move the story forward and when your anticipation to see what happens next was at its peak it would then pounce on you with a baker's dozen of heavily accented pirates for you to deal with for the next few minutes. It would have been better if you never had a gun, and when the pirates showed up, you had to run, climb and do whatever you can to get the hell away from them. Or they at least could have not done the laser sight thing and everything got even worse, since you'd have to roll around and shoot. Actually, you'd still need a gun because mother of god that game adored exploding barrels.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Tikicobra
That's probably why Uncharted 2 is going with stealth. You can run into the fight if you want to, but the key is to stay hidden.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#126 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Hey, if they deliver same quality multiplayer as stunning single player - I have no issues. :)

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#127 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Naughty Dog won't screw it up, I'm not worried.Floppy_Jim
^^^ this for me as well
Alex_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128 Alex_4
Member since 2008 • 131 Posts

yes its about time

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#129 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I think Naughty Dog probably considered this to begin with and know what they are doing. I'm sure there will still be a satisfying fleshed out single player to be had here. If not...haha...then I guess we know what to blame lol
truthbetold101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 truthbetold101
Member since 2008 • 228 Posts

...chill lol, its not gonna ruin the game, naughty dog has allways been know for great story and single player campaign, its not that big of a deal, i mean,.... who knows mabee it'll pull a vagas 2 and be awesome, till then, let it go lol. best of luck for thegame

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
let's complain about an extra feature now... :roll:
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 CanadianCR

let's complain about an extra feature now... :roll:Rakuho

Yep .. especially if it takes away from what the game is suppose to be ..

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
Naughty Dog are good devs : even if the multiplayer earns a "meh" reaction from gamers, I have no doubt in my mind they will put as much effort into the single player experience as they did with the original Uncharted, if not even more so, due to the established fanbase, the hype, and the general critical acclaim of the original. And who knows, maybe the multiplayer will indeed turn out fine? This is their first attempt at doing so, let's give them a chance. They are ultimately doing us gamers a favour.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 CanadianCR

Naughty Dog are good devs : even if the multiplayer earns a "meh" reaction from gamers, I have no doubt in my mind they will put as much effort into the single player experience as they did with the original Uncharted, if not even more so, due to the established fanbase, the hype, and the general critical acclaim of the original. And who knows, maybe the multiplayer will indeed turn out fine? This is their first attempt at doing so, let's give them a chance. They are ultimately doing us gamers a favour.Brainhunter

Only a favour if it works out well ..

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I really don't see what the problem is. So what if they added MP to the game? It doesn't mean the SP is going to be bad. Some people just need to chill out and stop complaining about every little thing that doesn't impress them.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]let's complain about an extra feature now... :roll:CanadianCR

how so?

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]let's complain about an extra feature now... :roll:Rakuho

how so?

We won't know until it's released ..

Until then, I'm against it .. unless something like Co-op ..

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

As long as the single player mode isn't affected, I have no complaints.

wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#139 wawasjohn
Member since 2008 • 411 Posts
with online i will get the game now
black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
People are jumping ship way to early, have faith!
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 CanadianCR

with online i will get the game now wawasjohn

*SPOILERS*

What if the online out of nowhere has monsters?

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Tikicobra

[QUOTE="Brainhunter"]Naughty Dog are good devs : even if the multiplayer earns a "meh" reaction from gamers, I have no doubt in my mind they will put as much effort into the single player experience as they did with the original Uncharted, if not even more so, due to the established fanbase, the hype, and the general critical acclaim of the original. And who knows, maybe the multiplayer will indeed turn out fine? This is their first attempt at doing so, let's give them a chance. They are ultimately doing us gamers a favour.CanadianCR

Do you have some sort of bet going with your friends to see how much you can bash a game in a single day, or do you just get enjoyment out of making big deals out of small things?

Or perhaps, for no reason at all, you just hate Uncharted.

And way to spoil the ending for a lot of people. Bravo.

Heavenly_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#143 Heavenly_King
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts

Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts?Chaos_Bladez

HOW AND WHY, it is bad for a developer to give you more content for your money?! WHAT THE HELL?!!!

If you dont want it dont play it, thats all you need to do instead of writing all these nonsense.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Brainhunter"]Naughty Dog are good devs : even if the multiplayer earns a "meh" reaction from gamers, I have no doubt in my mind they will put as much effort into the single player experience as they did with the original Uncharted, if not even more so, due to the established fanbase, the hype, and the general critical acclaim of the original. And who knows, maybe the multiplayer will indeed turn out fine? This is their first attempt at doing so, let's give them a chance. They are ultimately doing us gamers a favour.Tikicobra

Do you have some sort of bet going with your friends to see how much you can bash a game in a single day, or do you just get enjoyment out of making big deals out of small things?

Or perhaps, for no reason at all, you just hate Uncharted.

And way to spoil the ending for a lot of people. Bravo.

Actually you were unable to enjoy what I wrote to him .. he already ruined it for everyone here.

Bet? What are you talking about? How have I bashed Uncharted? Please give me one **** example of me bashing it?

Don't speak until your facts are straight ..

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts?Heavenly_King

HOW AND WHY, it is bad for a developer to give you more content for your money?! WHAT THE HELL?!!!

If you dont want it dont play it, thats all you need to do instead of writing all these nonsense.

All these nonsense?

It's funny how people easily miss the principle behind the post .. of course we won't know until it's released ..

And I love telling people .. I told you so ..

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Tikicobra

Perhaps bash was the wrong word to use, but this entire thread you've just been replying to every positive post with something like "unless it fails" or "except that it will ruin the game". Now you're teasing the game for the whole monster thing. And who the heck do you think you are, that you can tell me when I can and cannot speak?

Also, none of us know anything about the multiplayer, so why be negative? At least have high hopes about it until we get some details.

Get over yourself, please.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 CanadianCR

Perhaps bash was the wrong word to use, but this entire thread you've just been replying to every positive post with something like "unless it fails" or "except that it will ruin the game". Now you're teasing the game for the whole monster thing. And who the heck do you think you are, that you can tell me when I can and cannot speak?

Also, none of us know anything about the multiplayer, so why be negative? At least have high hopes about it until we get some details.

Tikicobra

So since you agree with the MP aspect in the game, all those posts are positive? How so?

I said until you have your facts straight .. learn to read ..

I'm the one looking at the big picture here.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Tikicobra

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]

CanadianCR

So since you agree with the MP aspect in the game, all those posts are positive? How so?

I said until you have your facts straight .. learn to read ..

I'm the one looking at the big picture here.

Learn to read? You could've been more creative than that. And yes, I am being positive. I believe the multiplayer has potential and that we need to wait for proper information before we make an real judgments. If that's not positive thinking then what do you consider to be? Constantly talking about how much it's going to eff up the story?
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#149 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.Tikicobra
agreed, relax yourselfs... after how good the 1st game was, dont you trust Naughty Dog??
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

how so?

We won't know until it's released ..

Until then, I'm against it .. unless something like Co-op ..

i think it's a fallacy to assume that the main story of a game is worsened by MP. Also, if you're afraid that it will be shortened by MP because some how MP = "let's not pay attention to the main story as much or make it really short so that people will play MP," remember that uncharted 1 wasn't very long to begin with. Did mgs4 suffer do to MP? if call of duty 4 didn't have MP, whose to say the campaign would be longer? there isn't sufficient evidence to illustrate MP is detrimental to the main story or game play; however, your fears are well noted, and ultimately, anything is possible...

(edited for minor corrections)