NOOOO!!! Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Confirmed! (UPDATE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]

Perhaps bash was the wrong word to use, but this entire thread you've just been replying to every positive post with something like "unless it fails" or "except that it will ruin the game". Now you're teasing the game for the whole monster thing. And who the heck do you think you are, that you can tell me when I can and cannot speak?

Also, none of us know anything about the multiplayer, so why be negative? At least have high hopes about it until we get some details.

Tikicobra

So since you agree with the MP aspect in the game, all those posts are positive? How so?

I said until you have your facts straight .. learn to read ..

I'm the one looking at the big picture here.

Learn to read? You could've been more creative than that. And yes, I am being positive. I believe the multiplayer has potential and that we need to wait for proper information before we make an real judgments. If that's not positive thinking then what do you consider to be? Constantly talking about how much it's going to eff up the story?

:lol: What? Could have been more creative? Wow you really don't have any comebacks eh .. I was just stating a fact ..

Anyways .. what will happen if Uncharted fails at the MP and gets only decent reviews? Then what? Some people won't even buy it ..then people will wonder why they wasted their time ..

What was so great about Uncharted is that it was only about the Single Player .. it was, and is still the only ACTUAL video game of this generation .. its look on the single player campaign is unmatched by any game. It did what very few games could do without MP.

What about all those people who can't play online for whatever reason? These people this generation have been stuck with crappy, short single player games. MP has really turned around 360 degrees what a video game should be. It should be something you can sit down, pop in and get sucked into a great story and great characters.

I always thought Uncharted would go against the norm .. be great for gamers who want a single player experience of a lifetime .. how many online shooters do we need? Zero .. how many great single player campaigns do we need .. countless.

I love online for the games that need online .. Uncharted does not, and I'm just disappointed they gave in .. that is all ..

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

how so?

Rakuho

We won't know until it's released ..

Until then, I'm against it .. unless something like Co-op ..

i think it's a fallacy to assume that the main story of a game is worsened by MP. Also, if you're afraid that it will be shortened by MP because some how MP = "let's not pay attention to the main story as much or make it really short so that people will play MP," remember that uncharted 1 wasn't very long to begin with. Did mgs4 suffer do to MP? if call of duty 4 didn't have MP, whose to say the campaign would be longer? there isn't sufficient evidence to illustrate MP is detrimental to the main story or game play; however, your fears are well noted, and ultimately, anything is possible...

(edited for minor corrections)

Uncharted wasn't long .. but it destroys both games you mentioned ..

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

We won't know until it's released ..

Until then, I'm against it .. unless something like Co-op ..

CanadianCR

i think it's a fallacy to assume that the main story of a game is worsened by MP. Also, if you're afraid that it will be shortened by MP because some how MP = "let's not pay attention to the main story as much or make it really short so that people will play MP," remember that uncharted 1 wasn't very long to begin with. Did mgs4 suffer do to MP? if call of duty 4 didn't have MP, whose to say the campaign would be longer? there isn't sufficient evidence to illustrate MP is detrimental to the main story or game play; however, your fears are well noted, and ultimately, anything is possible...

once again, how so?

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

Rakuho

once again, how so?

Call of Dutys single player is like any other FPS single player .. intense but no story .. weak .. online made up for it, that's when it's needed.

If I wanted to watch a movie, I would rent a movie .. not play MGS4 ..

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

As I recall, Metal Gear Online didn't detract from Metal Gear Solid 4's story. I really don't see why you assume it's going to detract from Uncharted 2's.Tikicobra

Hey.

When did I ever even mention story? Oh that's right! I never did. :o

I'm talking about the entire single-player experience, which entails more than just the story.

That's right, MGS4 and MGO. MGS4 was in development for how long? A lot longer than two years I'm certain; and they still didn't manage to get a lot of the things they wanted to get into the single-player experience, and, oh yeah, they even gained people and resources from other teams within Konami. Ever wonder why Silent Hill: Homecoming was made by an American dev?

One might be able to argue that MGO detracted from SHH's story; but that's a moot point: multiplayer in Uncharted 2 will inarguably pull away resources from the single-player experience.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#156 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Calm down children.Why do we all just wait until we actually see what the MP is like.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 CanadianCR

Calm down children.Why do we all just wait until we actually see what the MP is like.K1LLR3175

Have to enjoy an opinion war once in a while .. I haven't had one for a long time ..

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

Why is this topic 8 pages long? It's unnecessary and whoever is worrying that the game might be messed up, because of the new MP feature, you guys need to learn how video games and game devs work. This is a pointless discussion.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

once again, how so?

Call of Dutys single player is like any other FPS single player .. intense but no story .. weak .. online made up for it, that's when it's needed.

If I wanted to watch a movie, I would rent a movie .. not play MGS4 ..

i hear what you're saying, but what i'm asking you to do is to show me the link between MP and a game's story which proves that MP is the culprit behind a story being weak or game being short. What if IW are just not great story tellers... if anything MP is the saving grace for cod4 and many shooters alike, for that matter...

MGS4, well... i don't think they would put all of that effort into making a movie-like experience with the extended cut scenes if they didn't care for the story...

i see that you're trying to say that MGO made kojima think that "let's show them a movie with some gameplay, and if they didn't get enough, they can just play some MP" But did the lack of MP make any of the previous MGS titles significantly lengthier (plus minus the way the story was told) ...

now that i think about it, i guess i can't really ask for any proof or links to this matter because i myself can't really prove that MP ISN'T the real issue...

just a difference of opinions, i guess.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Rakuho

Why is this topic 8 pages long? It's unnecessary and whoever is worrying that the game might be messed up, because of the new MP feature, you guys need to learn how video games and game devs work. This is a pointless discussion.

ISuperGamerI

i think their "conspiracy" opinions are well placed, and sometimes, admittedly, it almost may seem like a game dev can do whatever and then use MP as the saving grace (which too, is based on opinion)

i don't think MP is the underlying issue, and i would rather believe that some devs just can't make a good and lengthystory. Basically, for me MP is the effect not the cause for those game whose stories tanked.

let the opinions roll; it make the thread all that much more enjoyable... becasue if you look at the grand scheme of things, all threads are technically unnecessary.. but they are desirable, hence why the discussion is taking place.

(spelling)

berkeley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#161 berkeley0
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts

Can't wait!

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#162 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
well, games like uncharted and bioshock are made for a single player experience only, but all the critics and such think that without multiplayer your game will fail. the only thing im really worried about is if it will affect the single player experience. and the other thing i dont like (and both of these reasons r for bioshock as well) is the tacked on trophies for online play. i enjoy collecting trophies, i try to get a platinum. but games like resistance and killzone 2 (mostly FPS) require that you do something ridiculous to get a trophy in online play. get 10,000 kills(resistance 2), yeah its easy, but if u really rnt into the multiplayer aspect of the game, that trophy is pretty much out of reach. and the trophies in killzone 2 that require u to be ranked so high in one week to get it. what if you dont like it/ or arnt that good at it?? then u can kiss your platinum good bye. i guess what im saying is that if they r going to put online into games like uncharted 2 and bioshock 2, dont make it where we have to fufill online requirements to get a platinum trophy.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Rakuho

well, games like uncharted and bioshock are made for a single player experience only, but all the critics and such think that without multiplayer your game will fail. the only thing im really worried about is if it will affect the single player experience. and the other thing i dont like (and both of these reasons r for bioshock as well) is the tacked on trophies for online play. i enjoy collecting trophies, i try to get a platinum. but games like resistance and killzone 2 (mostly FPS) require that you do something ridiculous to get a trophy in online play. get 10,000 kills(resistance 2), yeah its easy, but if u really rnt into the multiplayer aspect of the game, that trophy is pretty much out of reach. and the trophies in killzone 2 that require u to be ranked so high in one week to get it. what if you dont like it/ or arnt that good at it?? then u can kiss your platinum good bye. i guess what im saying is that if they r going to put online into games like uncharted 2 and bioshock 2, dont make it where we have to fufill online requirements to get a platinum trophy.ShadowBass989

in that sense, treyarch did it right with codWaW.

but you know what i think the thing really is... people are rarely satisfied with everything and usually find something to complain about.

when some public figure or entity does anything it will always be a hit or miss from person to person. no way to please them all, hence why often times these figures take the utilitarian approach... for games that would be to incorporate trophies for off-and-online

Wackybananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Wackybananas
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts

does it really matter, just don't play it

duh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

[QUOTE="B-L-I-N-G-A-H"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts?CanadianCR

dude , why do you have to complain about uncharted 2 multiplayer, jeeeeezzeeeee, multiplayer will be as good as single player, u make me so frustrated complaining about multiplayer in a very good game that people want, in my opinion, GTA4 shouldnt of had multiplayer, becuase its a role playing game, GTA4 to me just sounds like single player, but it has another mode, wich i do like, gosh, stop complaining man, chiiilllll

You lost all credibility when you said GTA4 is a role playing game .. wow .. :roll:

:lol: KEEP GOING! :D Also when he said online will be as good as single player! :P
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts?Heavenly_King

HOW AND WHY, it is bad for a developer to give you more content for your money?! WHAT THE HELL?!!!

If you dont want it dont play it, thats all you need to do instead of writing all these nonsense.

If it's detracting from the reason I'm buying the game, it's bad. Me & AnFangs are on the exact same page on this issue. Just like online detracted a bit from Resistance 2 single player, the same could happen (but opposite) to Uncharted 2.
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#167 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

If you do not want multiplayer in Uncharted 2, then don't play online, just play offline.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
I don't know why people want mp so bad, this game is not gears of war, I know I was there to shoot things in gears of war, the whole online shooting thing is a natural extention. However even though there was alot of shooting in Uncharted, it felt like it was at the bottom of the totem pole after the narrative and platforming. The game is not a shooter first and foremost like a gears of war, the shooting only serves to push forward the narrative.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Yeah understand what you mean Chaos lets just hope that ND used the motto single player first then Multiplayer. Their is some unique opportunities for multiplayer lets hope they bring something new to the table, which I'm thinking they can.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="Heavenly_King"]

Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts?Chaos_Bladez

HOW AND WHY, it is bad for a developer to give you more content for your money?! WHAT THE HELL?!!!

If you dont want it dont play it, thats all you need to do instead of writing all these nonsense.

If it's detracting from the reason I'm buying the game, it's bad. Me & AnFangs are on the exact same page on this issue. Just like online detracted a bit from Resistance 2 single player, the same could happen (but opposite) to Uncharted 2.

To be fair the thing that screw with R2's story was the lack of rachel she tied up all the loose ends up at the end of every chapter.
spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

the game dont need it but it could be fun

Top-A-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#172 Top-A-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts
multiplayer can only be a bonus so stop bashing it off. it adds replay value like kmon i beat uncharted on crushing in 5 hours. plus if you dont like it dont buy it
cabbage100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 cabbage100
Member since 2006 • 156 Posts

look, I can see where you're coming from, but honestly, I think everyone has got to put some faith in Naughty Dog. They Obviously KNOW what they're doing, otherwise they wouldn't do it. and to be honest, I think they'll probably make a competent multiplayer portion. And what's with everyone saying "It'll detract from the singleplayer, blah blah blah" Come on, again, you've gotta give ND more credit than that, people seem to be acting as if it'll destroy the singleplayer campaign entirely. now there ARE companies out there that will have a 'one track mind', so to speak, and focus on one aspect they think is really special whilst ignoring other, equally important parts of the game, like, oh, say, A.I?(Pandemic studios, I'm looking at you!) ND is not one of those companies. It's one of the most sucessful games companies in the world for a reason, just like Rockstar and such, because they know what they're doing. if they didn't know exactly what they were up to, with clear goals and everything, they wouldn't do it. That's what I reckon. :)

Besides, I think that just like GTA4, it'll be a fun distraction from the singleplayer, for when you just wan to chill out on the story.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 CanadianCR

multiplayer can only be a bonus so stop bashing it off. it adds replay value like kmon i beat uncharted on crushing in 5 hours. plus if you dont like it dont buy itTop-A-Gamer

WHOA! You're so cool .. :roll:

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
They have had 2 years to do it. Just like COD 4. How the hell do you know its tacked on?
PStringa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 PStringa
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
Im looking forward to it - cant see how it can hurt. Just aslong as they put the same amount of effort into the single player as they did with the first one. Multiplayer always has a warm welcome in my eyes. It's not going to be a touch on something like CoD4 but it could be fun. I'll give it a go.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts

it will be separate from the main game.. i know if its like dark sector it might be cool since u can climb buildings and all that.. im not worried about it.. its naughty dog we are talking about..

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#178 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
Well if it bothers you so much just don't go online I don't see what the big deal is.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 CanadianCR

Well if it bothers you so much just don't go online I don't see what the big deal is.b3yondstupidity

It's the principle involved .. if this MP takes away from what Uncharted is, one of the best SP experiences there is, then it will be a huge let down on NDs part.

B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts

[QUOTE="B-L-I-N-G-A-H"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]Source NOOO! Naughty Dog I thought you were better than that. After making some of the best games of all time, I thought you have the common sense and could live above that STUPID notion of having tacked on multiplayer with a game with a stunning campaign mode. But no, you had to go and detract from the single player to make something that most people will play for 10 minutes and go "Meh." I'm jumping the gun a bit but COME ON, it's not gonna be the best most fun multiplayer ever. Multiplayer games are different in that you usually only stick to 1 or 2 and they have to be the best of the best, like Resistance 2 and CoD4. Cover based shooters aren't as fun online, for one and even though the combat in Uncharted 1 was great, it wouldn't be nearly as fun with real people. Having no aim assist wouldn't help, look at Turok online. This is only costing money for something that next to no one cares about. Those resources could go to more shirt tuck in animations or a PSN game or something. You don't buy Uncharted (along with MGS4 and GTAIV [and Bioshock 2 later in the year]) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts?CanadianCR

dude , why do you have to complain about uncharted 2 multiplayer, jeeeeezzeeeee, multiplayer will be as good as single player, u make me so frustrated complaining about multiplayer in a very good game that people want, in my opinion, GTA4 shouldnt of had multiplayer, becuase its a role playing game, GTA4 to me just sounds like single player, but it has another mode, wich i do like, gosh, stop complaining man, chiiilllll

You lost all credibility when you said GTA4 is a role playing game .. wow .. :roll:

why whats wrong with that
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="B-L-I-N-G-A-H"]dude , why do you have to complain about uncharted 2 multiplayer, jeeeeezzeeeee, multiplayer will be as good as single player, u make me so frustrated complaining about multiplayer in a very good game that people want, in my opinion, GTA4 shouldnt of had multiplayer, becuase its a role playing game, GTA4 to me just sounds like single player, but it has another mode, wich i do like, gosh, stop complaining man, chiiilllllB-L-I-N-G-A-H

why whats wrong with that

Ssssooooooo .. you consider Grand Theft Auto a RPG? :lol: It clearly isn't ..

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

If Anything NAUGHTY DOG of all developpers will make a GREAT multiplayer shooter. They're very dedicated in their work, and I'm sure the Single Player is obviously their FIRST worry, They just want to appeal to more people and it's not like Multiplayer will hurt the game. I agree that Uncharted doesn't need it, but hey if it's extra what's the problem? It gives you something else to do, I'm thinking a GeoW type style of play except faster, I don't see the big deal.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 CanadianCR

If Anything NAUGHTY DOG of all developpers will make a GREAT multiplayer shooter. They're very dedicated in their work, and I'm sure the Single Player is obviously their FIRST worry, They just want to appeal to more people and it's not like Multiplayer will hurt the game. I agree that Uncharted doesn't need it, but hey if it's extra what's the problem? It gives you something else to do, I'm thinking a GeoW type style of play except faster, I don't see the big deal.

G-Legend

Not yet anyways .. ;)

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]

Not yet anyways .. ;)

You are starting to enjoy this a bit huh xD Ah opinion wars are great...drives me crazy when you are just trying to be devil's advocate and say the badside of what could happen and in response you get "just don't play it then" =\ completely misses the principle...and i cannot wait for this game at all xD good thing i was already planning to get inFamous at BestBuy...
Calviscerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Calviscerate
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts
Anyone considered that maybe the single player and multiplayer may both be awesome? There are many games with both a great single player campaign and multiplayer component, i.e., Killzone 2, the Resistance series.. I dunno any sequel that sacrificed the quality of the single player that the original game had by adding online multiplayer. It worked with Metal Gear Online, GTAIV and I know this is a PS3 forum but, Crysis Wars. The multiplayer of these games weren't all that bad but their single player campaign was still great. If there was such a sequel to a good game that paid too much attention on multiplayer and forgot about the campaign, odds are the developers of the game are lousy or whatever but this is Naughty Dog! The online multiplayer maybe lousy, it may be great, whatever! But I seriously doubt the quality of the single player will be sacrificed. We're just assuming Naughty Dog sucks and they can't balance single and multiplayer together in one game. For the sake of avoiding all of this concerns, I think Naughty Dog should completely work out the multiplayer first and only announce its existence to the public very shortly before beta testing/demo of the multiplayer is ready so that fans can experience it before assuming it will suck. If it does suck, then.. Uh-oh, but then Naughty Dog should have the single player beta testing/demo ready soon too to show the public that it's still cool. If that sucks too (which I doubt) then.. Uh-oh. BTW, I'm no PS3 owner so I never even played the first Uncharted or experienced a Naughty Dog game...
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 CosmoKing7717
Anyone considered that maybe the single player and multiplayer may both be awesome? There are many games with both a great single player campaign and multiplayer component, i.e., Killzone 2, the Resistance series.. I dunno any sequel that sacrificed the quality of the single player that the original game had by adding online multiplayer. It worked with Metal Gear Online, GTAIV and I know this is a PS3 forum but, Crysis Wars. The multiplayer of these games weren't all that bad but their single player campaign was still great. If there was such a sequel to a good game that paid too much attention on multiplayer and forgot about the campaign, odds are the developers of the game are lousy or whatever but this is Naughty Dog! The online multiplayer maybe lousy, it may be great, whatever! But I seriously doubt the quality of the single player will be sacrificed. We're just assuming Naughty Dog sucks and they can't balance single and multiplayer together in one game. For the sake of avoiding all of this concerns, I think Naughty Dog should completely work out the multiplayer first and only announce its existence to the public very shortly before beta testing/demo of the multiplayer is ready so that fans can experience it before assuming it will suck. If it does suck, then.. Uh-oh, but then Naughty Dog should have the single player beta testing/demo ready soon too to show the public that it's still cool. If that sucks too (which I doubt) then.. Uh-oh. BTW, I'm no PS3 owner so I never even played the first Uncharted or experienced a Naughty Dog game...Calviscerate
I agree, i just believe no one should be happy about this announcement nor saying "i will buy this game now yay" (especially when the first was clearly made for singleplayer lovers) until we have more information.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 CanadianCR

Anyone considered that maybe the single player and multiplayer may both be awesome? There are many games with both a great single player campaign and multiplayer component, i.e., Killzone 2, the Resistance series.. I dunno any sequel that sacrificed the quality of the single player that the original game had by adding online multiplayer. It worked with Metal Gear Online, GTAIV and I know this is a PS3 forum but, Crysis Wars. The multiplayer of these games weren't all that bad but their single player campaign was still great. If there was such a sequel to a good game that paid too much attention on multiplayer and forgot about the campaign, odds are the developers of the game are lousy or whatever but this is Naughty Dog! The online multiplayer maybe lousy, it may be great, whatever! But I seriously doubt the quality of the single player will be sacrificed. We're just assuming Naughty Dog sucks and they can't balance single and multiplayer together in one game. For the sake of avoiding all of this concerns, I think Naughty Dog should completely work out the multiplayer first and only announce its existence to the public very shortly before beta testing/demo of the multiplayer is ready so that fans can experience it before assuming it will suck. If it does suck, then.. Uh-oh, but then Naughty Dog should have the single player beta testing/demo ready soon too to show the public that it's still cool. If that sucks too (which I doubt) then.. Uh-oh. BTW, I'm no PS3 owner so I never even played the first Uncharted or experienced a Naughty Dog game...Calviscerate

:lol: You have all this information and insight into all of these PS3 exclusives .. yet you don't own a PS3 .. thanks, but no thanks ..

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]

CosmoKing7717

Not yet anyways .. ;)

You are starting to enjoy this a bit huh xD Ah opinion wars are great...drives me crazy when you are just trying to be devil's advocate and say the badside of what could happen and in response you get "just don't play it then" =\ completely misses the principle...and i cannot wait for this game at all xD good thing i was already planning to get inFamous at BestBuy...

I can't wait to get this game either .. it better not lack for a second .. :)

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 CosmoKing7717
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

Not yet anyways .. ;)

Hopefully they aren't working TOO close with the insomniac team who worked on R2
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"] You are starting to enjoy this a bit huh xD Ah opinion wars are great...drives me crazy when you are just trying to be devil's advocate and say the badside of what could happen and in response you get "just don't play it then" =\ completely misses the principle...and i cannot wait for this game at all xD good thing i was already planning to get inFamous at BestBuy...CosmoKing7717

Hopefully they aren't working TOO close with the insomniac team who worked on R2

:lol: The problem is everyone is saying .. hey it's Naughty Dog, they are awesome developers (which they are), so all will be fine .. **** I said that about Insomniac and Resistance 2 didn't hold a candle to Resistance 1 .. still enjoyed it but it definately lacked ..

You can't just put your trust in a name ..

rikansem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 rikansem
Member since 2009 • 220 Posts

Naughty Dog won't screw it up, I'm not worried.Floppy_Jim

exactly, naughty dog isnt the company to do something half heartedly, I KNOW that the single player mode will be amazing and I'm sure the multiplayer aspect will be good as well

rikansem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 rikansem
Member since 2009 • 220 Posts

Also by the looks of the game and by the interviews i have seen, they are working their butts off to make the single player mode amazing. and i bet the multiplayer wont be bad either. I dont see why people are mad. If they keep the single player mode good, then all the multiplayer is is a bonus

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

As soon as I saw the thread title,I immediatelysaid: "YEEEEESSSS!!!" Thank god Naughty Dog has come to their senses, Uncharted 1 might've been even better if they added mutliplayer. Where's the replay value? I'm bored with uncharted, I finished the outstanding campaign and now there's nothing left to do. If there was a multiplayer feature I could still be having fun with Uncharted today. Now that I know that there will be multiplayer in Uncharted 2, I might get it. Paying $60 isn't worth it if the game gets boring after I finish it once. I just hope they also add a splitscreen mode too so my friend and I can play. Adding multiplayer never hurts, you'll still have your amazing campaign, multiplayer gives you something to do when you finish the campaign.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#194 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
GeoffZak reminded me: You don't even know if it's competitive. It could be co-op for all we know.
Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
Wow, look at all this complaining when Uncharted 2 got multiplayer. Imagine if it got the multiplatform treatment :P
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
Yeah I agree. The first game was great, and a multiplayer mode would have cheapened the game, because it surely would not have been very good. I think the inclusion of the mp could actually lower the scores of Uncharted 2...
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#197 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
Yeah I agree. The first game was great, and a multiplayer mode would have cheapened the game, because it surely would not have been very good. I think the inclusion of the mp could actually lower the scores of Uncharted 2...bluem00se
It's not going to lower them. It might not make them higher, but just because it's not great doesn't mean they're going to be lowered.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
i agree with TC. no need to add multiplayer to a game like this. Co-op would have great but no online multiplayer
JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
Why are you guys complaining? It's an extra feature that adds so much more replayability. I can't believe you guys would be upset that you are getting the SAME singleplayer experience you want plus they are giving us EVEN more for all those fans who did ask for multiplayer.
Lambo_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Lambo_91
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
The OP is trying to say, the devs will pay more attention the multiplayer rather than focusing on the story