NOOOO!!! Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Confirmed! (UPDATE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#201 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]

If Anything NAUGHTY DOG of all developpers will make a GREAT multiplayer shooter. They're very dedicated in their work, and I'm sure the Single Player is obviously their FIRST worry, They just want to appeal to more people and it's not like Multiplayer will hurt the game. I agree that Uncharted doesn't need it, but hey if it's extra what's the problem? It gives you something else to do, I'm thinking a GeoW type style of play except faster, I don't see the big deal.

CosmoKing7717

Not yet anyways .. ;)

You are starting to enjoy this a bit huh xD Ah opinion wars are great...drives me crazy when you are just trying to be devil's advocate and say the badside of what could happen and in response you get "just don't play it then" =\ completely misses the principle...and i cannot wait for this game at all xD good thing i was already planning to get inFamous at BestBuy...

The principle of what? Everyone who plays Uncharted should just play for the Single Player and should not be excited for Multiplayer? Clearly Naughty Dog wanted to appeal to more people and get them with the whole multiplayer thing. I'm just saying it's a good extra if you're into it, who knows you might like it.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

[QUOTE="b3yondstupidity"]Well if it bothers you so much just don't go online I don't see what the big deal is.CanadianCR

It's the principle involved .. if this MP takes away from what Uncharted is, one of the best SP experiences there is, then it will be a huge let down on NDs part.

THANKS! That makes me, you, & AnFangs. THIS IS THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE. No one seems to get this... THIS PRINCIPLE has me worried.
Strider12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Strider12
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Everyone is blowing this way out of context. So what if they added multiplayer, it doesnt mean you have to play it. Secondly this doesnt mean that the game is instantly going to suck, especially since you have no idea what it is going to be like. Look at games like Resident Evil 5, sure it wasnt the best game ever and having a partner can sometimes be a hassle, but I think Capcom is looking at a good new direction in the series. So if they can do it, why not Uncharted?
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

Anything that adds more functions and playing time to a game is a bonus. Multiplayer only helps, never hinders the overall game, because the true game lies in the Single Player Campaign. I think your more worried about the MP making U2's critics ratings go down, which should not be the case anyway.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="G-Legend"]

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

Not yet anyways .. ;)

You are starting to enjoy this a bit huh xD Ah opinion wars are great...drives me crazy when you are just trying to be devil's advocate and say the badside of what could happen and in response you get "just don't play it then" =\ completely misses the principle...and i cannot wait for this game at all xD good thing i was already planning to get inFamous at BestBuy...

The principle of what? Everyone who plays Uncharted should just play for the Single Player and should not be excited for Multiplayer? Clearly Naughty Dog wanted to appeal to more people and get them with the whole multiplayer thing. I'm just saying it's a good extra if you're into it, who knows you might like it.

and im saying no one should be actively excited about this because of the fact it could take away from the singleplayer. People say "just do not play it" but if it turns out the multiplayer is not that good and the singleplayer even slightly suffers from it, then it's a huge letdown. That is why i believe no one should be happy about this UNTIL more information is given from ND.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Anything that adds more functions and playing time to a game is a bonus. Multiplayer only helps, never hinders the overall game, because the true game lies in the Single Player Campaign. I think your more worried about the MP making U2's critics ratings go down, which should not be the case anyway.

ChiSoxBombers

I really don't care about the rating .. but if the SP lacks just a little something, or glitches, or just doesn't feel the same and finished, then that is the reason I'm worried.

No one seems to understand that ..

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#207 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts
[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.

Who asked for multiplayer? There is enough mp games, and not enough Long good single player games. I for one am tired of short 4-6 hour single player experiences.... last gen they used to last at least 12-20 hours for singleplayer now we get games like cod4 with 5 hour sp and mp, ,granted that game is made for multoplayer. Uncharted is an action-adventure-platformer, ala tomb raider , something this gen is lacking big time. When they tack on mp they cut the dev time for the single player, so instead of an epic long game it gets cut down to a short game, just to cater to the adhd mp fanatics who will probably only play it once and go back to their twitch fest halos.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="ChiSoxBombers"]

I really don't care about the rating .. but if the SP lacks just a little something, or glitches, or just doesn't feel the same and finished, then that is the reason I'm worried.

I just wish this topic would fade away already...
world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#209 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts
I think they should have worked soley on the single player and story instead of devoting resources to an unnecessary multiplayer. I dont get this requirment of any game that features a gun to have online multiplayer, arent there enough of these already? Bioshock, Uncharted two games that don't need multiplayer, but the shooter crowd whine and moaned it in. And co-op is so overrated in this day and age of games. Sepewrath
I am getting sick and tired of these shooter fantaics whinning about single player games not having co-op or mp. Maybe because i am 30 years old don't have any friends locally that game...but I never needed this stuff before. There were always games that focues soley on mp that did it better. Unreal Tornament and Quake 3 were great for years why? Because they were made for multiplayer only. Adding multoplayer or co-op to a single player game destroys the game in length and in story. I hated REsident evil 5 because of the damn co-op. It was not scary, it didn't feel like resident evil. No puzzles etc.. becuase of the damn co-op focus. Why do these shooter kids have to whine about co-op for every game. They did the same thing when killzone 2 was released. WE don't need co-op of mp in every game. WE need more lengthy good single player games..pronto!
WhenPicklezFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 WhenPicklezFly
Member since 2009 • 914 Posts

two bad it wasnt like dmc4s online ranking and awards system where it just compares your single player stats too your friends

Steliosco20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Steliosco20
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

relax,mp and sp will be great and the whole package will be better...

dont forget the jump to next gen has been made,and the graphics engine and tools are already there so the programmers needed something extra work to do,like mp :)

thats why now besides sp you have and the mp,which is programming,uses probably same character modes,and some maps...

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

Don't play the multiplayer then, concentrate on the great single player Naughty Dog is sure to put out.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"] You are starting to enjoy this a bit huh xD Ah opinion wars are great...drives me crazy when you are just trying to be devil's advocate and say the badside of what could happen and in response you get "just don't play it then" =\ completely misses the principle...and i cannot wait for this game at all xD good thing i was already planning to get inFamous at BestBuy...CosmoKing7717

and im saying no one should be actively excited about this because of the fact it could take away from the singleplayer. People say "just do not play it" but if it turns out the multiplayer is not that good and the singleplayer even slightly suffers from it, then it's a huge letdown. That is why i believe no one should be happy about this UNTIL more information is given from ND.

I highly doubt that will be the case, I'm sure Naughty Dog will put SP first! and MP second, but I see your point.

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
I don't undestand why people make this such a big deal and don't think a bit logic. NaughtyDog isn't just developing an exclusive game for the PS3, on a BluRay with 50 GB, but they also have about 6 months to get it ready. So they have the time and space. And also i'd want to add, didn't MGS4 have a unique multiplayer compared to it's singleplayer? Anyways, i am a bit insecure about them adding multiplayer to it in any way (co-op, challenges), since the first one was PERFECT and i still play it when i got time. But again on the other hand, such a dev. doesn't just add multiplayer without considering what the public would say or feel about it, excerpt if they make it as unique as MGO was to MGS4. I think the Uncharted 2 multiplayer will be kinda like Resident Evil or something. Just teaming up and shooting crowds of rebels, or treasure hunts.
Calviscerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Calviscerate
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts
Well you can't shut me out just yet.... This affects me too 'cause I'ma get a PS3 before the year ends, after the exclusive are released. I'd prefer Naughty Dog to completely focus on single player too, yeah ofcourse, naturally. But I doubt another mode would RUIN the game. Even if it's slightly lousier than the first game (which I doubt), I'd prob still get it.
Calviscerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Calviscerate
I think the Uncharted 2 multiplayer will be kinda like Resident Evil or something. Just teaming up and shooting crowds of rebels, or treasure hunts.HarshGamer
Yeah , that's what I thought too. I can't see competetive multiplayer in Uncharted at all. It'd most prolly be a co-op thing. Maybe a whole side story thing like in R2 or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="ChiSoxBombers"]

I just wish this topic would fade away already...

No kidding. We keep saying the same things and it's getting very messy.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Everyone is blowing this way out of context. So what if they added multiplayer, it doesnt mean you have to play it. Secondly this doesnt mean that the game is instantly going to suck, especially since you have no idea what it is going to be like. Look at games like Resident Evil 5, sure it wasnt the best game ever and having a partner can sometimes be a hassle, but I think Capcom is looking at a good new direction in the series. So if they can do it, why not Uncharted?Strider12
Good example, RE5 is not as good as RE4 because they focused so much on mp and the co-op nature and of course tried to cater the game to the shooter junkies, but still took criticism because it didn't make the full conversion to shooter control wise. The first Uncharted was a great game, amazing because they had their priorities set soley on the single player. However with this one spliting resources to get multiplayer will do nothing to improve that formula from the first.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#219 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

hey RE pulled it off when i didnt think they could so i bet Uncharted 2 will be just fine with multiplayer :D

Ghoul_et_OMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Ghoul_et_OMC
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

If they had confidence in putting it than I will have hope. (Better be small scale tho)

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
the way i see it, atleast it'll be on a blu ray disc. Which means, there shouldnt be any reason for a SHORT single player because they needed space for the multiplayer. I HOPE ITS LIKE THAT ! Killzone 2 should have been longer. n all that pretty graphics , yet u cant shoot out lights. POINT IS, i hope the single player isnt shortened because of this.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
This should be funny when NaughtyGod delivers. ND and Sony know that the single player is what made the game so amazing last time, there definitely not going to take the SP campaign lightly. Its ND!! They've been around long enough to know what their doing. Why not wait til after its out to decide whether ND made the right choice or not.

Yes this wasn't necessary, but in the meantime the prospective replay value is increased.
woofie13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 woofie13
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts
[QUOTE="supa_badman"][QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.

what is there to do besides co-op?

I agree, and I really hope that the multiplayer is just co-op. I'd love that :D
bellolugosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 bellolugosi
Member since 2005 • 448 Posts

[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Guys, stop this complaining. Naughty Dog is giving people what they asked for with the first, and you people are just bashing the game, calling them sellouts, and immediately assuming it's going to suck when you haven't even seen it in motion. Asinine, I say.Chaos_Bladez
I don't really remember many people asking for online multiplayer in the first game, not every game needs it. It might not be horrible but it's not gonna be a selling point for anyone, making it a waste of time and money. Uncharted, like MGS4, GTAIV, & Bioshock 2, is a game where the single player is the main draw for almost all the people. The single player is so up and beyond most of everything out there that multiplayer couldn't even come close to competing. MGO and GTAIV online isn't bad but I would, like 95% of the people out there, would rather cruise by myself in single player. I'm calling saying it won't be the main multiplayer game I play this fall and if I'm wrong I'll totally apologize and eat crow. But until then...

Well, I loved MGO.......

And Uncharted 1's single-playerwas a good game, but not that terrific..

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Naughty Dog has never let me down before (except on Jak 3 plot holes and "twists") so I trust this is going to be amazing. Maybe due to the large success that Uncharted had they are now able to throw around more resources and have the capacity to add a multi-player. Whereas in the PS2 days I don't think Jak ever got the kind of attention that Nathan Drake is getting now.

When I think about it. Jak 3 probably could of had multi-player too except ND only spent one year working on the game, as opposed to the 2 years time its taking to put out Uncharted 2.

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
I always play single player first, then i decide if the game is good/bad. Multiplayer is more of an extra and an incentive to keep me playing
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

Multiplayer in Uncharted 2.... Best news ever!

Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

Really does not bother me. Getting the game regardless if it has multiplayer or not.

I am just gonna play the single player and jump in to some multiplayer after I beat it over and over again,

But I am defiently picking up InFamous to test this bad boy out.

guydossantos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 guydossantos
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Multiplayer won't stop the Uncharted 2 from being FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!!! If the multiplayer sucks, developers will learn their lesson and not put it into the next one. Honestly i think instead of making it multiplayer they should put in a good co-op mode or add monkeys to shoot. I noticed in Drake's fortune there werent that many animals and it was set in a jungle!! Still it was a great game and can't wait for Among Thieves.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
Let's see how the beta testers think of it...
Calviscerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Calviscerate
I just watched an Uncharted 2 interview from the past and realised about the existence of Chloe. The new female character. She's apparently some hardcore chick like Drake and all action so it'd make sense to have co-op with her character since they're adding multiplayer. I don't think that'd be too bad...
psplaystation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 psplaystation
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts

I guess they are trying to give us more BANG for our BUCK.

I see no harm. Knowing Naughty Dog, they will never let their single player suffer.

makiveli100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 makiveli100
Member since 2008 • 507 Posts

Your just whining, noone is going to force you to play multiplayer if you don't want to.

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#234 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

) and say, "Man, I can't wait to jump on PSN with this game!" Uncharted 2 single player will probably knock my socks off and be FREAKIN' AMAZING (which in the end is the point) but having this mode is just gonna get ignored and make me mad. Thoughts? UPDATE: MY POINT [QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

It's the principle involved .. if this MP takes away from what Uncharted is, one of the best SP experiences there is, then it will be a huge let down on NDs part.

Chaos_Bladez

THANKS! That makes me, you, & AnFangs. THIS IS THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE. No one seems to get this... THIS PRINCIPLE has me worried.

thats a big IF though in my opinion... ND knows what they are doing and I dont feel they would put multiplayer in if they didnt feel it made the game better...

A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#235 A-l-g-r-e-n
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts

You have got to be retarded. The game is still Uncharted 2, only with multiplayer. Which is now making me buy it, I don't buy singleplayer-only games… Except for huge ones, like Fallout 3.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
ITT: We make assumptions about a game that isn't released yet.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 CanadianCR

You have got to be retarded. The game is still Uncharted 2, only with multiplayer. Which is now making me buy it, I don't buy singleplayer-only games… Except for huge ones, like Fallout 3.

A-l-g-r-e-n

So you miss out on some of the best games around because it doesn't have online? Now who is the one that is (Won't type the word) ..

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Chaos_Bladez

A-l-g-r-e-n
Thanks for the insult, I appreciate it. :( Totally called for. You need to get my point here. Your avatar shows a great example of my point. Dark Sector online was totally not needed. That game could have totally benefited from more attention to the single player rather than wasting people and time putting such a useless mode in it to "give it more bang for the buck." More people making multiplayer = less people focusing on the draw of the game, single player. That's my worry here, for the millionth time. Buying Uncharted for the multiplayer is missing the point.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="A-l-g-r-e-n"]

Chaos_Bladez

Thanks for the insult, I appreciate it. :( Totally called for. You need to get my point here. Your avatar shows a great example of my point. Dark Sector online was totally not needed. That game could have totally benefited from more attention to the single player rather than wasting people and time putting such a useless mode in it to "give it more bang for the buck." More people making multiplayer = less people focusing on the draw of the game, single player. That's my worry here, for the millionth time. Buying Uncharted for the multiplayer is missing the point.

It's falling upon deaf ears .. nobody understands ..

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
As long as ND didnt sacrifice the story mode singleplayer experience in favour of multiplayer then Im fine. Im not agianst MP as long as the singleplayer experience is fullfiling and I trust ND to deliver an excellent SP as well as MP experience. btw this is really going to help inFAMOUS sales, smart move by Sony.
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#241 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts
As long as the single player is top notch like Drake's Fortune I really couldn't care less. I think Naughty Dog will put as much time and effort into all aspects as they usually do so I'm not too worried. Whether or not I even play the multiplayer is another question though.
Troqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#242 Troqe
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

Yeah loads of people begged for multiplayer on the first one, guess it'll be like gears without the coolness.

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
Naughty Dog won't screw it up, I'm not worried.Floppy_Jim
Neither am I. Honestly though, at first thought of multiplayer in this game, I do not see myself playing Uncharted 2 as my multiplayer game of choice, but I think I am speaking too early. I will reserve judgment for when I get a chance to play the beta.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

I think it's fine that they threw some multiplayer into the mix.

MGS, GTAIV, and RE5 did the same and I love those game, regardless if it had the multiplayer or not.

I myself still gotta play the first Uncharted...

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 HarshGamer
[QUOTE="sinistergoggles"]

I think it's fine that they threw some multiplayer into the mix.

MGS, GTAIV, and RE5 did the same and I love those game, regardless if it had the multiplayer or not.

I myself still gotta play the first Uncharted...

Not being rude or anything alike, but you should come back after playing the first one. Then you might discuss in full capacity.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Chaos_Bladez

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="A-l-g-r-e-n"]

CanadianCR

It's falling upon deaf ears .. nobody understands ..

Sadly yes... this thread needs to die. People I get your points and I hope you are right but it bothers me that you don't see mine at all.
truthbetold101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 truthbetold101
Member since 2008 • 228 Posts

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

there, the thread has died haha

GaMeR_Willz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 GaMeR_Willz
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts

I was stunned when I heard that Uncharted 2 will have multiplayer because it is total unnecessary! I hope Naughty Dog didn't spend much of their time on multiplayer and I hope they haven't ruined the campaign.

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 HarshGamer
[QUOTE="truthbetold101"]

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

stab stab stab stab

there, the thread has died haha

GaMeR_Willz has the power of resurrection, nothing you can do about it.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts

I was stunned when I heard that Uncharted 2 will have multiplayer because it is total unnecessary! I hope Naughty Dog didn't spend much of their time on multiplayer and I hope they haven't ruined the campaign.

GaMeR_Willz
2 different teams doing different things... they had a seperate team to do the online stuff while the uncharted team do their uncharted thing:)