Why are atheists so hostile? Dare I click Submit?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#251 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]athiest, vegetarian, goth kids, emo, straight-edge poser, PETA, GREENPEACE, SETI weirdo, mormons,,,,,,,,, they are all hostile for the sake to act "cool" in their own perspective they want to act hostile but yet they want so much attention

So all of those groups are all just posers who seek to be different and edgy. Troll alert. Also, learn to use punctuation.
Avatar image for gibson-les-rick
gibson-les-rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#252 gibson-les-rick
Member since 2007 • 798 Posts

Were not hostile.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Because they listen to too much PAntera
Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Harkat95
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

we are not hostile, we are defensive.

atheists in my experience mind their own business; give that the majority is religious, we pretty much have to in order to remain sane and productive.

but when we are attacked, well, we defend ourselves, and considering we use logic, facts, and solid arguments in our defense, our retaliation comes off as hostile because the truth hurts :P

hippiesanta
bUT athiest attack people for fun.... billl maher...and his type

I hardly find that atheists "attack" anybody. Simply stating your opinion and backing it up with evidence is not equal to "attacking" anyone. Secondly, famous atheists like Bill Maher don't criticize religion for fun, they do it because they legitimately believe it has a negative effect on the world.
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Eh, I'm an Atheist with tendencies to Agnosticism, and I've got to say: when an Atheist acts like that, he's usually concerned about his own beliefs. In my own experience with other Atheists, I have to say: when they try to deny a religion or deity with too much veracity, they're most likely in doubt as to whether something divine is possible or not.

iAtrocious
(throw holy water) the power of christ compels you! :P
Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Harkat95
[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

it's better to be "hostie" with words than actually comitting violence in the name of religion.

maybe that's why atheists are so hostile towards religion? because religion is destructive at this point in time.

hippiesanta
for EXAMPLE??

Click the link before spouting off stupidity. Also: IRA, Al-Quada Taliban, and countless other violent religious groups.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Both sides are hostile.. Atheist's do not have a monopoly on it..
shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts
Christian-preachers are far worse in my opinion, and to be honest it's just a vocal minority. Just because some christian comes up to my door and threatens me with hell if I don't worship their god doesn't mean I think all christians are like that, it just makes me hate THOSE kinds of christians. I say christians because I actually haven't had anyone from any other religion come door knocking, not even JW.
Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#260 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Well, we are humans for one.

Off-topic: Level 24 with 90 post? I see something new every day.

BreakTheseLinks

That's nothing. I once say a poster at level 40 with 7 posts.

Posting is not the only way to level .

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

If you keep arguing with someone and asking them the same questions over & over again eventually they will become pissed off, it's annoying.A lot of people just don't know how to think "whatever jerk" and walk away. Theybelieve theyneed to participate. Maybe people just love to argue/fight. Many people do carry a chip on their shoulder.

I guess some people just aren't tactful. They don't know how to keep a neutral demeanor towards the people who aggravate them. Sure they might believe the other person is a jerk or a complete idiot but they don't need to express it on a regular basis. Especially when it regards something trivial.

But isn't that exactly whatsome people like to do? Just annoy and anger otherpeople to kill time and entertain their self?They areobnoxious. That's what kids do. They keep probing until they piss someone off. It's like some kind of game. How many stupid questions can they answer within an hour even though they already have the answer.:D

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#262 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

we are not hostile, we are defensive.

atheists in my experience mind their own business; give that the majority is religious, we pretty much have to in order to remain sane and productive.

but when we are attacked, well, we defend ourselves, and considering we use logic, facts, and solid arguments in our defense, our retaliation comes off as hostile because the truth hurts :P

Harkat95
bUT athiest attack people for fun.... billl maher...and his type

I hardly find that atheists "attack" anybody. Simply stating your opinion and backing it up with evidence is not equal to "attacking" anyone. Secondly, famous atheists like Bill Maher don't criticize religion for fun, they do it because they legitimately believe it has a negative effect on the world.

You should read the entire thread. It has examples of both sides attacking each other like little kids in elementary school.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
In my experience, it's the other way around.