Why are atheists so hostile? Dare I click Submit?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
deactivated-6016e81e8e30f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts
It's pretty easy to forget we're on the internet, huh?
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

The atheist community is extremely hostile . Even if i don't believe in god i would never want to join that community. I have seen so much hate inside it . They are no better then any religious groups .

They even went as far as to cover up a World war one monument because it looks like a cross .I am sure the men who gave there lives for their nation are rolling in their graves.

dontshackzmii

Generalisations are great I suppose.

I have little respect for organised religion, and nor should I. I'm always happy to discuss the issue in front of people, albeit diplomatically.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

The atheist community is extremely hostile . Even if i don't believe in god i would never want to join that community. I have seen so much hate inside it . They are no better then any religious groups .

They even went as far as to cover up a World war one monument because it looks like a cross .I am sure the men who gave there lives for their nation are rolling in their graves.

dontshackzmii
this I totally agree to the level of extremist
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I am?
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

its just because having access to the internet means instant anonymity. if this site were like myspace or facebook were you put personal info and pictures of yourself into your profile, there would be alot less rudeness and hostility in these kinds of discussions.

Neo-ganon

I still fail to see how saying that the existence of god can't be proven equates to rudeness, it's simply intellectual honesty.

First of all, not every religion has the power and influence of the Pope and Catholicism. A lot of the local Presbyterian/Lutheran/Orthodox/whatever churches have to hold mass in a small gymnasium or building because they struggle to pay rent for a proper church. Second of all, history is history. The Catholic Church used to ding people for gold, now they feed the homeless. How many people have you fed?

F1_2004

Religion in general holds far too much sway. There has never been an atheist President of the United States, there has only been one non-Protestant President. Religion, regardless of what individuals sects actually say about such matters, is dictating government policy on issues like gay marriage, sex education, and even educational requirements. The Pope, regardless of which religious sects actually follow him, commands respect typically reserved for heads of state. The Pope can get up on his global pulpit and tell people that this is the way they should feel about certain political issues and many Catholics will follow his every word. There is no way you can sit there and say that religion doesn't hold an enourmous amount of influence over world events and American society.

Again, goodwill is not exclusive to Christianity.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

dontshackzmii
The Christian community is extremely hostile. Even if I did believe in their god I would never want to join their community. I have seen so much hate inside it. They are no better than the rest of the world. They even went as far as to picket soldiers funerals because they thought they were fighting to defend a nation that protects gays. I am sure the men who got their funerals picketed would be disgusted by that. Nitpicking out extreme groups to demonize a whole massive group is fun isn't it kids?
iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 iAtrocious
Member since 2010 • 1567 Posts

[QUOTE="iAtrocious"]

[QUOTE="F1_2004"] Ever seen a soup kitchen at a church?F1_2004

How nice of them. It's the least they could do, considering the ridiculous amount of wealth and lands they've massed.

Also, you forget how the Church used to charge you for your place in heaven, and every sin had a price-tag attached to it to get it erased. That is until Luther came around and presented the Catholic church with some competition, which has, as expected, deviated from its intended path.

First of all, not every religion has the power and influence of the Pope and Catholicism. A lot of the local Presbyterian/Lutheran/Orthodox/whatever churches have to hold mass in a small gymnasium or building because they struggle to pay rent for a proper church. Second of all, history is history. The Catholic Church used to ding people for gold, now they feed the homeless. How many people have you fed?

I pay taxes, which are used to finance public programs such as the construction of simple homes for those who lack somewhere to live, gives basic alimentation and several other policies that help those who need and the incapacitated. I'd say that's more than "soup".

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

As an atheist, I respect everyone's views on religion. Sadly, I have an atheist friend who doesn't and rants about religion everyday. Every. F******. Day.

Mostly_Normal

sounds like my boss. im Christan and i respect his fews and i dont really case. but i cant tell you how annoying it gets. over and over mostly everyday he talks about the same thing over and over, and he always find a topic and finds a way to turn it into a religion topic.

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

It's pretty easy to forget we're on the internet, huh?SeraphimGoddess

yeahhhh 8)

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]

[QUOTE="iAtrocious"]

How nice of them. It's the least they could do, considering the ridiculous amount of wealth and lands they've massed.

Also, you forget how the Church used to charge you for your place in heaven, and every sin had a price-tag attached to it to get it erased. That is until Luther came around and presented the Catholic church with some competition, which has, as expected, deviated from its intended path.

iAtrocious

I pay taxes, which are used to finance public programs such as the construction of simple homes for those who lack somewhere to live, gives basic alimentation and several other policies that help those who need and the incapacitated. I'd say that's more than "soup".

And let's not forget that your taxes cover the church's property taxes which, for some odd arbitrary reason, they do not have to pay. I applaud you, sir.

stanleycup98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 stanleycup98
Member since 2006 • 6144 Posts
I'm an atheist and I will not be hostile unless a religious person starts shoving their beliefs down my throats. I personally don't care what you believe. If you want to be religious, fine, but don't start telling me that I am going to burn in hell because I am atheist. I don't want to hear you talking about how great god is or how Jesus is our savior. If you want to believe that, then fine, but don't try to make me think that. Especially not on Facebook. /rage
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 theone86

As someone that doesn't like Christianity, all of you saying they shouldn't be respected for their good deeds are idiots.

The sheer amount of volunteer work and aid programs that only exist because of Christianity is enough to make it worth while.

When you try to diss something that they actually do fantastically you just make any other argument weaker.

xLFTMx

Aid programs that sometimes do more harm than good, such as Catholic charities refusing to offer profilactics to help the spread of AIDS. Besides, I've said this half a dozen times now, goodwill is not exclusive to Christianity. There are plenty of atheists who do charity work, there are plenty of secular charities, there is plenty of good done by atheists in this world as well and yet everyone in this thread refuses to acknowledge that and acts like Christians are the only people who ever worked in a ****ing soup kitchen, it just shows the arrogance that accompanies such gestures. I'm not trying to take away from all Christian acts of charity, but I see absolutely no respect for any charity work that is being done by atheists in this thread, and I don't see what it has to do with the original argument anyways. Christians do good things, whoopdee freaking doo, now that suddenly means it's inexcusable to say that god's existence can't be proven?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hippiesanta
Most athiest hates christians just like most muslims hate christian. Athiest should join venture with islam and middle east
iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 iAtrocious

Most athiest hates christians just like most muslims hate christian. Athiest should join venture with islam and middle easthippiesanta

I find Muslims more open-minded about Christians than the contrary.

pero2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 pero2008
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts

I'm an atheist and I don't say that.

Tweekaholik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Tweekaholik
Member since 2011 • 250 Posts
We always think were right hahaha. But I do respect people unless they shove there beliefs down my throat, then I get hostile
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#68 dracula_16  Online
Member since 2005 • 15999 Posts

Exaggerating that much is borderline disrespectful. I'm wondering if you're looking at this from only one perspective. Off the top of my head, I can name several guys here [not including me] who don't act like what you accuse them of.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

A lot of atheists just have some vendetta against God or Christianity/other religions. Some think they could never live up to the standards to get into Heaven, so they decide that if they don't belive it won't matter. The hostility is an attempt to convince themselves they are right.
Of course not all atheists are like that. A large amount just don't see any real reason to believe in God; those ones tend to not be hostile.

Blaminator1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Blaminator1221
Member since 2010 • 455 Posts
I'm not being hostile to theists but i do get mad when somebody tries to prove me wrong about god, especially if he starts using bible/quran/torah verses as facts... Because for the sake of the truth, you guys don't have any proof at all, if you had i wouldn't have been an atheist...
Avatar image for jerk-o-tron2000
jerk-o-tron2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jerk-o-tron2000
Member since 2007 • 10036 Posts

I'm an atheist and I will not be hostile unless a religious person starts shoving their beliefs down my throats. I personally don't care what you believe. If you want to be religious, fine, but don't start telling me that I am going to burn in hell because I am atheist. I don't want to hear you talking about how great god is or how Jesus is our savior. If you want to believe that, then fine, but don't try to make me think that.

/rage

stanleycup98

I agree.

Antitheist-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Antitheist-
Member since 2010 • 228 Posts

If Atheists Acted Religious

That's what it's like for us.

eyebrows250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 eyebrows250
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts

Some good points have been made here. As a Christian myself, even I find the random knocks at the door from religious groups annoying. They always want to push their pamphlets in my face even though I tell them I already follow God. I can only imagine what it's like from an atheists view. Oh, and I didn't mean to generalise in the first post. Thanks guys, my mind has been opened a bit more.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

iAtrocious

Christians pay the same thing you do. Only they also give more of their money in addition to the amount they're required to give, out of goodwill. You pay taxes because you have to. Please, they've helped society much more than you ever will.

Religion in general holds far too much sway. There has never been an atheist President of the United States, there has only been one non-Protestant President. Religion, regardless of what individuals sects actually say about such matters, is dictating government policy on issues like gay marriage, sex education, and even educational requirements. The Pope, regardless of which religious sects actually follow him, commands respect typically reserved for heads of state. The Pope can get up on his global pulpit and tell people that this is the way they should feel about certain political issues and many Catholics will follow his every word. There is no way you can sit there and say that religion doesn't hold an enourmous amount of influence over world events and American society.

theone86

You're talking about the USA. The world is not the USA. Things are different as close as on the other side of your northern borders. The Pope is the spiritual leader of more people than any head of state in the world with the exception of one or two countries, obviously he holds a lot of sway over the many Catholics around the world. I don't see the problem with that in today's time. Oooh crusades blah blah blah, if you've ever met some average modern-day Christians after a Sunday sermon, you'll know that they're some of the most pleasant, kind and generous people in the world.

kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#75 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

The ones you perceive as hostile are like the Jehovah's Witnesses of theists. They only represent a small portion of the whole. Most of us are actually quite respectful.

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts
The same could be said about believers. Everytime theres a post with "God" or "religion" in it the Christians are pushing thier beliefs onto others. Seriously, is this thread really necessary?
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

i have had a vocal atheist harass me in public before IRL, but IDC. i was at the grocery store, and i saw milk prices dropped, so i said "oh thank god". they guy beside me said "i find that offensive don't say that." i was like :question: and he lectured me about the evils of religion. i called him a D bag and carried on shopping. IDC that he was an athiest, and i know there are a lot of christians like that too. i just hate it when people shove their opinions down my throat when the situation doesn't call for it.

kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#78 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

The Pope can get up on his global pulpit and tell people that this is the way they should feel about certain political issues and many Catholics will follow his every word.

theone86

I go to a university where over half of the student population is Catholic, and I don't know anyone like this. You'll be hard pressed to find many people that agree 100% with their faith's official doctrine. Religion isn't just about being told what to believe. It's about finding a set of beliefs that you agree with and gathering with others who share those values.

I agree with that last part, though.

iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 iAtrocious

[QUOTE="iAtrocious"]

F1_2004

Christians pay the same thing you do. Only they also give more of their money in addition to the amount they're required to give, out of goodwill. You pay taxes because you have to. Please, they've helped society much more than you ever will.

I've never said Christians didn't help society, it's just not something exclusive to them. There are plenty of voluntary groups who help people without asking of them faith in their god. The money they give to the Church doesn't go to the population: it helps maintain their locale of mass and feed the priests/staff. The church doesn't shed a dime of its own -- all it gives is simply a reroute from what they gain from their followers. I may not have enough money to help as much as the Church does (and their help, when compared to their total financial assets, is minimal), but whatever help I grant doesn't come with any strings attached or a point of view to be heard.

I pay taxes because it improves the society as a whole. If I don't pay taxes, I won't have well paved roads to travel upon, the social disparity will be even larger than it currently is and the rate of starvation and homeless would raise to incredible amounts. I'm in favor of paying taxes, so your argument won't work with me.

And, honestly, goodwill? Most Christians that I know that act on this "goodwill" you talk of are psychologically coerced into doing what's deemed a good deed (and sometimes this good deed is to give 10% of your income to the church you go to...), to escape from the painful grasp of Hell. They act out of fear, and that is how this religion manipulates people: you don't want to be a Christian? Fine, you'll burn in hell for that.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I'm only hostile if someone tries to tell me that my way of life is wrong.......like......I've become...."lost"......or something... What a load of crap.

But other than that, I couldn't really care.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

. What happened to being respectful of others? Seriously, why do atheists always feel the need to destroy other's beliefs?

Discuss.

eyebrows250

Am I the only one who finds this a tad bit ironic.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts

How is saying "there is no God" hostile? If it is, then saying "there is a God" must be equally hostile, right?

Surely there are some hostile atheists out there, but that certainly goes for people in every other religion as well. There are plenty of intolerant, hostile, and/or unaccepting people of all other religions (or non-religions) as well.

Just because an atheist makes what a Christian might consider a harsh remark because they disagree with it doesn't mean that the atheist is being hostile. A lot of Christians (and other religious people) are very sensitive about and protective of their religions because it's often something very personal and important to them, so they're not exactly the best judges of hostility because they're blinded by their own emotions.

WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 WockaFlocka
Member since 2010 • 173 Posts
Uh I would have to say that "believers" (as you put it) are much worse. I hate preachy people on either side. I believe in God but I don't go around telling people that are atheist they are going to hell, it's not my place to judge. The same can be said for atheists. BreakTheseLinks
But the Bible says that Atheists are going to hell, and to tell every one the word. I'm a religious person with morals, and I believe that you should educate, NOT preach to people. They will be more likely to believe if you don't yell " ur going to hell!".
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Just spreading the truth. If five different religions can solicit me on my way to work, why not promote the virtues of atheism?
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 theone86

[QUOTE="iAtrocious"]

F1_2004

theone86

You're talking about the USA. The world is not the USA. Things are different as close as on the other side of your northern borders. The Pope is the spiritual leader of more people than any head of state in the world with the exception of one or two countries, obviously he holds a lot of sway over the many Catholics around the world. I don't see the problem with that in today's time. Oooh crusades blah blah blah, if you've ever met some average modern-day Christians after a Sunday sermon, you'll know that they're some of the most pleasant, kind and generous people in the world.

I live in the USA, of course I'm talking about the USA. I don't find Europe to be particularly enlightened on the topic of religion either, if you really want to get into it. The spreading Islamaphobia over there just confirms how much power religion has, even if there are supposed to be secular laws in place.

Okay, so you're not denying that the Pope can dictate to a large number of people exactly how they should vote on political matters, point goes to me. The problem with it is that he is telling people to base their voting decisions on not just religious doctrine but his onw interpretation of religious doctrine, to me that constitutes religion holding undue influence.

I've grown up around Christians, and the Christian I know are the most self-centered, pretentious, rude, overbearing, sanctimonious, douchebags I have ever met. They don't volunteer at soup kitchens, they don't give to charity, they only give to the church and the church only spends its money on proselytizing. Furthermore, whenever I meet a Christian inoutside of family and that churchthey seem dead set on doing the same to me, or talking down to me because I'm an atheist. Then when I read the news I see fundamentalist douchebags trying to force their beliefs on everyone else through government, I see Glenn asshat Beck villifying other religious people because they care more about doing good works than forcing religion on others, I see living pieces of fecal matter protesting funerals and harassing families in grief that have done absolutely nothing to deserve it, so you wanna turn this into a sob story about everything Christians do for everyone else, that's fine, but I have a few VERY valid objections to it.

One, there are plenty of Christians who do a lot of very ****ty things to other people in the name of their religion, and if you want to talk about the good you have to talk about the bad as well. I'm not above talking about the good that Christians do, I've never denied it, but the fact is that you are using the good that certain Christians do to detract from the bad that other Christians do. Two, you completely dismissive of the good that atheists do. You want to make this into a snob story about Christians and act like atheists aren't charitable people, well it's ****ing bull****. You're complaining about Christians not getting recognition for their charity and at the same time acting as if they own a copyright on charitable acts, something I have mentioned on numerous occasions that you continually ignore. You want to talk about the good that Christians do, then talk about the good that atheists do as well. Three, this has jack**** to do with atheists saying that there is no proof for god. Atheists are not attacking religion when they say that, they are not trying to villify religious people. it seems, however, that you and a few other posters in this thread take it that way. That's fine, you can be as ignorant as you want to our true intentions, but don't expect any sympathy when you come back with your little sob story about all the good Christians are doing because you know damn well that has nothing to do with what we're saying.

Fact: god's existence isn't empirically provable; fact: we're talking about critical discussions in an open forum. Fact A+fact B= you should expect people to openly question the existence of god in these threads, just as you should not expect that god's existence is a solid premise on which to form an argument in such a thread and forum. You want to talk about god's existence without it ever being questioned? Go to a religious forum, go to a religious union, go to a certain GS user's facebook page (yet another example of the religious being brazenly uncivil in the name of their religion). You're not, however, going to be able to go to forums with diverse topic matters and diverse user bases and expect to do that because you cannot expect that everyone is going to share you beliefs.

WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 WockaFlocka
Member since 2010 • 173 Posts

[QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="iAtrocious"] Well no they don't fight to save you, they fight to save the poor and misfortunate.iAtrocious

Sure they do.

The FEW good ones /-:

I'm hostile because we live in a country dominated by a religion I don't follow.

Why is gay marriage illegal? Because Christians say its immoral.

Most anti-abortion people in the United States also believe its wrong because of their christian beliefs.

So yes, I don't like your religion. Suck it dry.

xLFTMx
IMO: Gay Marriage: Fine by me. They deserve to be happy Anti Abortion: No, it's because if a woman can sleep with a man, she should be able to take care of a baby. A baby shouldn't be killed because some selfish woman can't be mature enough to be respnsible.
SickBoy724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SickBoy724
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts

Since when has anyone ever been respectful of others?AutoPilotOn

True dat.

Atheists are no more respectful or disrespect than Christians or any other religious group/entity. It comes down to the individuals.

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts

[QUOTE="eyebrows250"]. What happened to being respectful of others? Seriously, why do atheists always feel the need to destroy other's beliefs?

Discuss.

clayron

Am I the only one who finds this a tad bit ironic.

Shhh! Thats disrespectful!

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Both sides have their fair share of obnoxious people, as a christian myself I can understand why someone would be an athiest,. The concept of an all powerful all loving God in a world overflowing with misery and suffering is extremly preposterous and takes an enoumous amount of faith. It doesn't really help that christians have repeatedly put their foot in the mouth.

metalguitar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 metalguitar13
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Because It's totally ok to be hated for not being a Christian right?

If we say we have no god we get hated on and rocks thrown at us.

Even jews and muslims are hated Btw religion in OT needs to STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]

How is saying "there is no God" hostile? If it is, then saying "there is a God" must be equally hostile, right?

Surely there are some hostile atheists out there, but that certainly goes for people in every other religion as well. There are plenty of intolerant, hostile, and/or unaccepting people of all other religions (or non-religions) as well.

Just because an atheist makes what a Christian might consider a harsh remark because they disagree with it doesn't mean that the atheist is being hostile. A lot of Christians (and other religious people) are very sensitive about and protective of their religions because it's often something very personal and important to them, so they're not exactly the best judges of hostility because they're blinded by their own emotions.

"There is no God" is a negative statement. It's like the difference between "This movie is good" and "This movie sucks".
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

I am religious but I respect whatever people chose to believe. Its not my place to force my beliefs on everyone. I just mind my own business.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
[QUOTE="harashawn"][QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]

"There is no God" is a negative statement. It's like the difference between "This movie is good" and "This movie sucks".

I guess I don't see your point and think that you're being a bit extreme. That example also isn't quite the same as this situation. Saying that there is a God doesn't = 'good,' and saying that there isn't a God doesn't = 'bad.' I don't see how stating that there is not a God, simply as that, is hostile. I'd give it to you if the example ("there is no God") included a harsh assessment of people who do believe in God, but that's not the case. Simply saying "there is no God" doesn't imply anything else, and searching for hidden meanings that aren't there doesn't count. It's only negative if you choose to perceive it in that way.
rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rockerbikie
Member since 2010 • 10027 Posts
goth kids they are all hostile for the sake to act "cool" in their own perspective they want to act hostile but yet they want so much attentionhippiesanta
Umm no. Goths are not hostile.
GHlegend77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 GHlegend77
Member since 2009 • 10328 Posts

**** you!

Optical_Order

I won't do what you tell me!
**** you!
**** you!
M*********er!

On-topic, I don't like those types of Atheists they make me feel small. ;{

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hippiesanta
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]goth kids they are all hostile for the sake to act "cool" in their own perspective they want to act hostile but yet they want so much attentionrockerbikie
Umm no. Goths are not hostile.

they are.... but cant deny that they are the coollest among those hostile wannabes
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts
[QUOTE="BreakTheseLinks"]Uh I would have to say that "believers" (as you put it) are much worse. I hate preachy people on either side. I believe in God but I don't go around telling people that are atheist they are going to hell, it's not my place to judge. The same can be said for atheists. WockaFlocka
But the Bible says that Atheists are going to hell, and to tell every one the word. I'm a religious person with morals, and I believe that you should educate, NOT preach to people. They will be more likely to believe if you don't yell " ur going to hell!".

Who said you were qualified to teach? Thats another thing. Believers have this "niceness" about them that is just as itimidating as forcefull athiest. I don't trust ppl who are so condescending.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="dunl12496"]

Kind of have a point. Christians fight to save people, so what about atheists?

I imagine atheists have similar morals when it comes to saving lives. I'm not Christian or Atheist and I can say that a couple of Christian users on here have rather unchristian views when it comes to the lives of people.

True...I'm one of them...Can't complain here. :P
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#99 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Are they trying to drag down everyone else with them? In every topic I see with the word "God" or "religion" in it, you immediately see all the non-believers quoting "there is no God" or "Science is proving everything false". What happened to being respectful of others? Seriously, why do atheists always feel the need to destroy other's beliefs?

Discuss.

eyebrows250

I will not deny it, some Christians are certainly guilty of this too.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#100 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

[QUOTE="WockaFlocka"][QUOTE="BreakTheseLinks"]Uh I would have to say that "believers" (as you put it) are much worse. I hate preachy people on either side. I believe in God but I don't go around telling people that are atheist they are going to hell, it's not my place to judge. The same can be said for atheists. DudeNtheRoom

Who said you were qualified to teach? Thats another thing. Believers have this "niceness" about them that is just as itimidating as forcefull athiest. I don't trust ppl who are so condescending.

Who would you trust?