If you belief in evolution and are atheist let me ask you a question ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

karlhunguss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202 karlhunguss
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts
withouthatred it's obvious that these ppl don't know what they're talking about
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts
withouthatred it's obvious that these ppl don't know what they're talking aboutkarlhunguss

Arrogance. We know exactly what we are talking about, as do you. Your logic states that the belief in an omnipotent, omniscent, and omnipresent being is absurd. My logic dictates that it is true. Logic is subjective, and to say that we have no idea what we talk about is not only arrogant, but ignorant as well.
Kramer55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Kramer55
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

What created God?

qetuo6

God has always been here; alpha and omega.

Imagine a piece of paper with a timeline drawn on from creation til the last day.
God is the piece of paper the timeline is drawn on.
TeeDee1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 TeeDee1978
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts
That sounds like a dumb answer, and it's too convoluted to be worth considering. I do not live my life around what a science fiction author wrote (that would be Scientology).Timstuff
But you live your life around something that someone wrote 6000 years ago?
BDM666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 BDM666
Member since 2006 • 7922 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]That sounds like a dumb answer, and it's too convoluted to be worth considering. I do not live my life around what a science fiction author wrote (that would be Scientology).TeeDee1978
But you live your life around something that someone wrote 6000 years ago?

Is today bump old thread day or something?
TeeDee1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 TeeDee1978
It seems.. but i really didn't expect an answer :)
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 withouthatred
Member since 2006 • 6407 Posts
What's freaky is that I was actually thinking about this thread today, and it gets bumped :o spooky.
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#209 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
What's freaky is that I was actually thinking about this thread today, and it gets bumped :o spooky.withouthatred

teh ESP!!!!111
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
Let me give you the answer to everything.  NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING there you have it.
Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#211 Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13551 Posts
It's the same paradox as an ever-existing god. Neither one makes much sense, but they make equal sense by logical reasoning.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#212 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Let me give you the answer to everything. NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING there you have it.Diablo112688

Yea that pretty much sums everything up. Its only peoples personal beliefs.
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 withouthatred
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"]Let me give you the answer to everything. NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING there you have it.Caddy06_88

Yea that pretty much sums everything up. Its only peoples personal beliefs.

No, the truth is that the universe was created by the pink invisible unicorn, repent, repent now!!!
TeeDee1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 TeeDee1978
The universe was created because someone blew the foam off of his beer ;)
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
[QUOTE="Kramer55"]

What created God?

qetuo6

Imagine a piece of paper with a timeline drawn on from creation til the last day.

God couldn't always have been here, he would have had to have been created by something... So how could something come from nothing?

I think we have a contradiction here....
Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#216 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
so then how could god creat something out of nothing?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935
deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 deactivated-57ef6a3ad2935
Member since 2004 • 5346 Posts
Hahahah nothingness.
TeeDee1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TeeDee1978
so then how could god creat something out of nothing?

Big_player
Since god is a creation of human mind you can answer that question with your own kreativity as help.. have fun dreaming :)
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
Thinking about this frustrates me, but it is an interesting thing that nobody will ever figure out.  Lets say god does exist.. then who created god? and who created that guy and who created that guy?  Something just cant always be right?  Or can it?  And how does that make sense?  The human brain cant understand something always being.  
TeeDee1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 TeeDee1978
What proof do you have that a god exists other than people who say that he exists? None. And understanding a everexisting thing is easy when you accept that it ever existed and always will exist. But those things are always models made up. Just like "infinity".
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 withouthatred
One good analogy of the problem of peoples inability to prove or disprove god I heard; Imagine a teacup, floating through space at an incredible distance, this is of course impossible to prove becouse our telescopes are not powerful enough to detect something so small, but at the same time it is impossible to disprove it's existance for the same reasons. While we are all technically "teacup agnostics" becouse of the lack of logic in believing in something such as this, we would all in reality be "teacup atheists" but take into consideration; what if a large number of people believed it based on nothing? Offering one another re-enforcement of the idea, it may go so far that it is considered bizarr or even insane to disbelieve it. This idea, is esentially the basis upon what religion stands, it serves the exact same idea.
BDM666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 BDM666
Member since 2006 • 7922 Posts
One good analogy of the problem of peoples inability to prove or disprove god I heard; Imagine a teacup, floating through space at an incredible distance, this is of course impossible to prove becouse our telescopes are not powerful enough to detect something so small, but at the same time it is impossible to disprove it's existance at the same time. While we are all technically "teacup agnostics" becouse of the lack of logic in believing in something such as this, we would all in reality be "teacup atheists" but take into consideration; what if a large number of people believed it based on nothing? Offering one another re-enforcement of the idea, it may go so far that it is considered bizarr or even insane to disbelieve it. This idea, is esentially the basis upon what religion stands, it serves the exact same idea.withouthatred
I heard that in the "Root of All Evil" documentary, it was a very good analogy.
Purp-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Purp-
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
This is such a weak discussion.  complete bullcrap. it's pointless even giving anyone an answer because no-one would even understand it.  tunnelvisioned religious freaks.  stay in school kids.
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 withouthatred
This is such a weak discussion.  complete bullcrap. it's pointless even giving anyone an answer because no-one would even understand it.  tunnelvisioned religious freaks.  stay in school kids.Purp-
You need to calm down with the insults dude or you'll end up banned quickly...
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Greatgone12
This is such a weak discussion. complete bullcrap. it's pointless even giving anyone an answer because no-one would even understand it. tunnelvisioned religious freaks. stay in school kids.Purp-

So.... What philosophy do you adhere to?
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts
One good analogy of the problem of peoples inability to prove or disprove god I heard; Imagine a teacup, floating through space at an incredible distance, this is of course impossible to prove becouse our telescopes are not powerful enough to detect something so small, but at the same time it is impossible to disprove it's existance for the same reasons. While we are all technically "teacup agnostics" becouse of the lack of logic in believing in something such as this, we would all in reality be "teacup atheists" but take into consideration; what if a large number of people believed it based on nothing? Offering one another re-enforcement of the idea, it may go so far that it is considered bizarr or even insane to disbelieve it. This idea, is esentially the basis upon what religion stands, it serves the exact same idea. withouthatred
I wonder where you got that from.... and as usual I agree with ya.
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 withouthatred
[QUOTE="Purp-"]This is such a weak discussion. complete bullcrap. it's pointless even giving anyone an answer because no-one would even understand it. tunnelvisioned religious freaks. stay in school kids.Greatgone12

Buddhism rocks for the record......
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Greatgone12
[QUOTE="Greatgone12"][QUOTE="Purp-"]This is such a weak discussion. complete bullcrap. it's pointless even giving anyone an answer because no-one would even understand it. tunnelvisioned religious freaks. stay in school kids.withouthatred

Buddhism rocks for the record......

If I had an elephant on my head for every time you've said that, the Earth would've been forced out of its orbit...
bored88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 bored88
Member since 2004 • 4978 Posts
There was never nothing.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

azargushasb
OMFG......That makes total sense!!!! Holy crap I mean I was atheist before I read that, but now I think I need to pick a religion since humans obviously just *poofed* here. Hmm......Well, I don't want to be a christian since that would make me go to heaven with a bunch of minivan driving bible thumpers.......... HEIL SATAN!!!
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 withouthatred

[QUOTE="withouthatred"]One good analogy of the problem of peoples inability to prove or disprove god I heard; Imagine a teacup, floating through space at an incredible distance, this is of course impossible to prove becouse our telescopes are not powerful enough to detect something so small, but at the same time it is impossible to disprove it's existance for the same reasons. While we are all technically "teacup agnostics" becouse of the lack of logic in believing in something such as this, we would all in reality be "teacup atheists" but take into consideration; what if a large number of people believed it based on nothing? Offering one another re-enforcement of the idea, it may go so far that it is considered bizarr or even insane to disbelieve it. This idea, is esentially the basis upon what religion stands, it serves the exact same idea. DrummerJon

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24922484&union_id=7382

Actually something you posted.

duaneallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#232 duaneallman
Member since 2006 • 2631 Posts
I believe in Creationism. Always have. Always will. Leave Atheists believe what they want. Religious wars are pointless. They accomplish nothing. So what? Someone believes differently than me. Good for them.dodgerblue13
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 withouthatred
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

SuperBeast
OMFG......That makes total sense!!!! Holy crap I mean I was atheist before I read that, but now I think I need to pick a religion since humans obviously just *poofed* here. Hmm......Well, I don't want to be a christian since that would make me go to heaven with a bunch of minivan driving bible thumpers.......... HEIL SATAN!!!

Just for the record: Before the universe began
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#234 Bulldog19892
Member since 2005 • 3520 Posts
I think people need to start tolerating eachother. :|Media_geek20
I think people just need to accept it and move on. I'm atheist. If your christian, fine, you have the right to believe what you want, but don't try to make me believe what you do, because I consider that facisim.
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 DrummerJon

[QUOTE="DrummerJon"][QUOTE="withouthatred"]One good analogy of the problem of peoples inability to prove or disprove god I heard; Imagine a teacup, floating through space at an incredible distance, this is of course impossible to prove becouse our telescopes are not powerful enough to detect something so small, but at the same time it is impossible to disprove it's existance for the same reasons. While we are all technically "teacup agnostics" becouse of the lack of logic in believing in something such as this, we would all in reality be "teacup atheists" but take into consideration; what if a large number of people believed it based on nothing? Offering one another re-enforcement of the idea, it may go so far that it is considered bizarr or even insane to disbelieve it. This idea, is esentially the basis upon what religion stands, it serves the exact same idea. withouthatred

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24922484&union_id=7382

Actually something you posted.

>_> I never posted that
yea the first line was me kidding around but not wanting to use a lame ":P"
I love those videos
abualkaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 abualkaz
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

???

azargushasb
Why the hell ask a stupid question? you are just looking for trouble bro .... do you really think that you ( from a stupid topic in a stupid message board ) can change the minds and opnions of many ..... KEEP ON DREAMING KID !!!
TeeDee1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 TeeDee1978
In the end everyone has to belief in something. The faith in that belief may come from some book, some pope or your parents telling you how to see the world you live in. I personally can't believe in an omnipotent being that created all there is. In my opinion it is kind of immature to do so. And if one uses logical observation, he can see that almost ALL religions that have a greater deity as a basis come from observing things that were not understandable by the observer. I think the discussion if there is a god or not is pretty fruitless. And about the evolution theory: it sounds logic enough to be accepted by the most of mankind. I really don't think it matters what one believes in as long that person is liberal enough to let others believe what they want.
Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#238 Decessus
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts
Do Christians believe in extraterrestrial intelligence?
Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Decessus
Real science-- things we can actually OBSERVE, like biology, chemestry, history, physics, and so forth all go hand in hand with what the bible has to say. The big bang and the theory of transient species however though, are only theory. They are not observeable, and therefor you have to make a descision based on what your personal beliefs are. No one was there when life began, so it all comes down to a matter of faith. Will you put your faith in the bible, or in the speculations of athiests?Timstuff

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the Big Bang Theory actually falls within the scope of physics.

Also, it's misleading to call something "only a theory."  There is a difference between how scientists use the word theory, and how your average person uses the word.  When your average layman uses the word "theory", they are generally referring to something along the lines of a guess.  This isn't the same thing as a scientific theory however.  A theory in science is based on reasoning, observation, and evidence. 

It's also misleading to say that these sorts of things are not observable.  One key aspect of any hypothesis is that it must be able to make predictions.  Thus, based on a given hypothesis, we can expect certain results in the future.  If we see those results, then that confirms the hypothesis.  If we do not, then the hypothesis is either revised or discarded altogether.

I'm not a physicist so I don't know the specific evidence  that supports the Big Bang.  However, it would not be a theory if it wasn't backed up by a large amount of scientific evidence.

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 tycoonmike

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Real science-- things we can actually OBSERVE, like biology, chemestry, history, physics, and so forth all go hand in hand with what the bible has to say. The big bang and the theory of transient species however though, are only theory. They are not observeable, and therefor you have to make a descision based on what your personal beliefs are. No one was there when life began, so it all comes down to a matter of faith. Will you put your faith in the bible, or in the speculations of athiests?Decessus

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the Big Bang Theory actually falls within the scope of physics.

1. Also, it's misleading to call something "only a theory."  There is a difference between how scientists use the word theory, and how your average person uses the word.  When your average layman uses the word "theory", they are generally referring to something along the lines of a guess.  This isn't the same thing as a scientific theory however.  A theory in science is based on reasoning, observation, and evidence. 

It's also misleading to say that these sorts of things are not observable.  One key aspect of any hypothesis is that it must be able to make predictions.  Thus, based on a given hypothesis, we can expect certain results in the future.  If we see those results, then that confirms the hypothesis.  If we do not, then the hypothesis is either revised or discarded altogether.

I'm not a physicist so I don't know the specific evidence  that supports the Big Bang.  However, it would not be a theory if it wasn't backed up by a large amount of scientific evidence.

Definition of Theory ( Link )

1.a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.

2.a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

3.Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.

4.the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice: music theory.

5.a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles.

6.contemplation or speculation.

7.guess or conjecture.

You cannot say that a theory is proof because it can still be altered. The theory of evolution, for instance, may be different from what we are taught in school, though Darwin's ideas may be the first step in discovering the true methods of evolution. Just because there is a massive amount of evidence for a theory doesn't mean that there isn't a piece of evidence that renders all the other evidence obsolete. To call something a theory is to do just that, to call it an educated guess, nothing more, nothing less.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Decessus
[QUOTE="Timstuff"] There's no such thing as a vestigal structure. Any "vestigal structure" you can name does actually have a purpose. If you think your tailbone is useless, I'll pay to have it removed. Just don't blame me when you can't take a crap.

A vestigial structure is not a structure that has no purpose, although this can be the case. It is simply a structure that has lost all, or almost all of it's original purpose through evolution. An example would be the wings on an ostrich would be an example.

In humans, the tailbone is considered a vestigial structure. It is the remanents of the tail that our ancestors once possessed.

There is no evidence of a big bang. The theory only exists because evolutionists can't come up with something better.
timstuff

Evolution has very little, if anything to do with the Big Bang Theory. Evolutionists do not spend their time studying the cosmos, and they certainly did not come up with the Big Bang Theory.

DNA is meaningless when comparing species. Humans share more genetic information with a squirrel than a chimp, and we also share 50% of the our DNA with a common bananna.
timstuff

I'd like to see where you got this information from please.

jorw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#242 jorw
Member since 2006 • 2848 Posts
Well, then answer me this: WHERE DID GOD COME FROM?
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
It has something to do with anti-matter. Prior to time, there was a "gimped" sense of time, as time as we know it requires mass to exist.

Matter is expaning too.
Fetechini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Fetechini
Member since 2005 • 1760 Posts
I think people need to start tolerating eachother. :|Media_geek20
Listen to what the good man is saying.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
deactivated-60a3c754d0a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#245 deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
Member since 2002 • 9782 Posts

Sorry, I'm coming in WAY late but I'm going to answer the original question.

Answer: As an atheist I don't need to have an answer to all of the difficult questions. I believe in the big bang only so much as it's the leading theory of our times. The same goes for evolution. I don't need to have all of the answers and I don't feel the need to fill that unknown void with a god or god magic. I put my faith in humanity and our ability to transcend our nature both individually and as a whole.

The same question could be asked of those who believe in God. What came before a God? Was it always there? Yeah, well maybe the same is true of the singularity that spawned our universe. We don’t have the answers, the best we can do is keep looking.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Decessus

1.a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.

You cannot say that a theory is proof because it can still be altered. The theory of evolution, for instance, may be different from what we are taught in school, though Darwin's ideas may be the first step in discovering the true methods of evolution. Just because there is a massive amount of evidence for a theory doesn't mean that there isn't a piece of evidence that renders all the other evidence obsolete. To call something a theory is to do just that, to call it an educated guess, nothing more, nothing less.tycoonmike

What do you think makes a group of general propositions coherent?

I never said that a theory WAS proof of something. A theory is a group of propositions that are supported by scientific evidence.

You are right, all things in science can always be falsified. That's what makes something a scientific theory in the first place. By the way, evolution itself is a fact. That you are different from your parents is proof of that. The mechanism behind evolution is usually what is "controversial". It's certainly possible that natural selection is not the driving force behind evolution, however, if you are going to believe otherwise, you had better have damn good evidence for your belief. The Theory of Evolution is one of the most supported theories in all of modern science. It's as close to a fact that any scientific theory can get.

Here is my blog entry that details some of the proof for evolution by natural selection.
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 tycoonmike

Sorry, I'm coming in WAY late but I'm going to answer the original question.

Answer: As an atheist I don't need to have an answer to all of the difficult questions. I believe in the big bang only so much as it's the leading theory of our times. The same goes for evolution. I don't need to have all of the answers and I don't feel the need to fill that unknown void with a god or god magic. 1. I put my faith in humanity and our ability to transcend our nature both individually and as a whole.

The same question could be asked of those who believe in God. 2. What came before a God? Was it always there? Yeah, well maybe the same is true of the singularity that spawned our universe. We don’t have the answers, the best we can do is keep looking.

Schwah

1. The nice thing is that it's because of nature and the theory of evolution that we are the way we are. Ultimately, humanity is an animal who will compete with other organisms, whether sentient or non-sentient, violently if necessary.

2. That depends on your own personal beliefs. I believe that before our God there was a different God who reigned over the previous universe. Once our God discovered His God's secret, our God dethroned His God and created our universe, whereas once we discover our God's secret, we essentially become God and as such can create our own universe.

Ninjaguy429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Ninjaguy429
Member since 2003 • 450 Posts
[QUOTE="Kramer55"] [QUOTE="qetuo6"]

What created God?

Greatgone12

God couldn't always have been here, he would have had to have been created by something... So how could something come from nothing?

I think we have a contradiction here....

I find in rather amusing that people constantly try to comprehend infinity.  Within Christianity...and a lot of other World Religions, Divine beings were just there...they are infinite, "since the beginning of time"...which by the way...is the really really cruddy thought when trying to rationalize infinity...which is impossible by the way...Humans, have a finite mind, trying to understand something as infinite would be like trying to stick a CD into an 8-track player...it just doesn't work.  Time and space, all are finite ideas and thoughts to simplfy a larger concept of infinity...

...but there's no point explaining...nobodies every going to truly understand it all anyway...

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 tycoonmike
[QUOTE="tycoonmike"]

You cannot say that a theory is proof because it can still be altered. The theory of evolution, for instance, may be different from what we are taught in school, though Darwin's ideas may be the first step in discovering the true methods of evolution. Just because there is a massive amount of evidence for a theory doesn't mean that there isn't a piece of evidence that renders all the other evidence obsolete. To call something a theory is to do just that, to call it an educated guess, nothing more, nothing less.Decessus

1. What do you think makes a group of general propositions coherent?

I never said that a theory WAS proof of something. A theory is a group of propositions that are supported by scientific evidence.

You are right, all things in science can always be falsified. That's what makes something a scientific theory in the first place. 2. By the way, evolution itself is a fact. That you are different from your parents is proof of that. The mechanism behind evolution is usually what is "controversial". It's certainly possible that natural selection is not the driving force behind evolution, however, if you are going to believe otherwise, 3. you had better have damn good evidence for your belief. 4. The Theory of Evolution is one of the most supported theories in all of modern science. It's as close to a fact that any scientific theory can get.

Here is my blog entry that details some of the proof for evolution by natural selection.

1. Evidence for them, just as evidence for a defendant in a court of law can prove that they were involved in the purported crime, and just like it, if there is even one piece of evidence that cannot be disputed, proving that they were not participating in the crime, then that pretty much could disprove their guilt, despite all the other evidence.

2. No it isn't. For all we know, it is God that turns on the specific genes in our body that codes for our eyecolor, or our hair color. If it were a proof of evolution, then I would have evolved a set of tentacles instead of arms, or gills instead of lungs. The only reason why this didn't occur was because the environment doesn't demand it. Until our environment changes drastically enough to call for these changes, then we'll pretty much be the same, more or less. After all, we still have the animal urges of procreation and competion over resources.

3. Then why do you shoot down a thiest's beliefs? To us we have "damn good proof" that God exists. Proof is in the eye of the beholder. I look at the Bible, and the Torah, and the Qu'ran, and I see "damn good proof" that God exists. You look at them and see really old story books.

4. And yet, it still isn't a proven concept, in spite of all the evidence for it.

DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 DrummerJon
Scientists believe evolution, everyone else doesnt. thats it, if you arnt a scientific(logical) person you believe in magic and stuff. for the rest of us there is theorys and interpretations of raw data.