If you belief in evolution and are atheist let me ask you a question ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

azargushasb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 azargushasb
Member since 2005 • 1885 Posts

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something  from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

zeroman089x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zeroman089x2
Member since 2006 • 899 Posts
We don't know, but evolution makes alot more sense IMO
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Yeah I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't really believe in that Adam and Eve stuff because then how were there dinosaurs, and the Big Bang doesn't really make since because explosions usually don't create stuff.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
I believe in Creationism. Always have. Always will. Leave Atheists believe what they want. Religious wars are pointless. They accomplish nothing. So what? Someone believes differently than me. Good for them.
Media_geek20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Media_geek20
Member since 2006 • 6491 Posts
I think people need to start tolerating eachother. :|
qetuo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 qetuo6
Member since 2006 • 2732 Posts

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something  from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

azargushasb

What created God?

poponche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 poponche
Member since 2005 • 1590 Posts

???

azargushasb

due, I'm catholic, but u are walking tru thin ice........

they'll ask. but then, where did God come from?, if he exists since always so could matter and stuff..........

Avatar image for The-AirHendrix-
The-AirHendrix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The-AirHendrix-
Member since 2006 • 1466 Posts
Nope. Catholic for life.
zeroman089x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeroman089x2
Member since 2006 • 899 Posts
I think people need to start tolerating eachother. :|Media_geek20
exactly. Then the world would be perfect
Banczak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Banczak
Member since 2005 • 1672 Posts
Didn't you just contradict yourself? I hate debates, and could care less about atheists and religon (I'm personally agnostic) but if you just said "how could nothing just come out of something" then how can you, in the same sentence, say a higher being created things? Not trying to argue, just pointing that out. Also, if you want to learn something, try picking up some Steven Hawkings books. Personally, I can't get past the Introduction, but that's where scientists over here like pointing to.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Trickshot771
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

qetuo6

What created God?

I'd imagine the beginning of time is when God decided to make the universe.
Ricky_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ricky_O
Member since 2006 • 1246 Posts
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

qetuo6

What created God?

That's what I was going to ask.
Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
big bang theory...the balance between matter and antimatter was disrupted (matter and antimatter had been created and annhialated at the same rate) causing a slightly higher amount of matter than that of antimatter causing annhialation with left over matter which is what became of our known universe...the creation out of nothing has been proven at cern where matter and antimatter had been created in very small quantities but they have not been able to collect samples because the antimatter would react with the regular matter instantly...they would be created out of nothing and only exist for a fraction of a second before annhialation occurs
logansdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 logansdabest
Member since 2005 • 4309 Posts
Religious thread will accomplish nothing, and trying to understand the universe is futile. im religious anyways, i figure blind faith is better than no faith at all
Half-Life_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 Half-Life_man
Member since 2006 • 6302 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
qetuo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 qetuo6
Member since 2006 • 2732 Posts
[QUOTE="qetuo6"][QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

Trickshot771

What created God?

I'd imagine the beginning of time is when God decided to make the universe.

I'd imagine that since "you cannot create something out of nothing", something created God.

DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts
teh magic bunnies did it YOU CANT DENY THEIR BUNNY LIKE POWERS, TYPING IN CAPS MAKES MY POINT RELEVENT AND MEANINGFUL. You need magic bunnies to creat something from nothing.
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts
circulus in probando: A circle in the proof; the fallacy of using the conclusion as one of the premises; a vicious circle. the universe needed a creator, okay, here is a creator, now the creator needs a creator.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

There are certain places in the Universe where the current level of physics cannot explain anything that is going on. One example being inside black holes... those are just nuts.

To answer your question, how do we even know if our universe is the only universe? How do we not know if this universe is just one in a group of infinitely many infinitely sized universes!? One theory behind the Big Bang is that all the matter in the known universe was compressed into a singular point [like the centre of a black hole, or singularity] and then due to things beyond explanation exploded into the giant thing we know today as the universe.

If you believe in God how can you prove he exists! Exactly, you cannot, just like I cannot prove everything that exists in science. At least science TRIES to explain things existence instead of just saying it exists. That is what I like about science.

In recent scientific study, the "presence" of a god or other heavenly/spiritual being has been "put" into the minds of people. They say that they "feel" to be in the presence of God or Jesus or someone they loved who has died... for all we know the whole God thing could be just a figment of our massively non-understood brains. Science has evidence to support things, religion has nothing other than to say that something exists.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts
can i ask you a question too? who created god? god can't create god. you just cant just up out of no where and then create the universe. here's a quote for you, "isn't not god who creates people, it's people who creates god."
poponche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 poponche
Member since 2005 • 1590 Posts

Religious thread will accomplish nothing, and trying to understand the universe is futile. im religious anyways, i figure blind faith is better than no faith at alllogansdabest

faith must be blind, if you knew and have seen, then it wouldn't be faith.........:?

withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 withouthatred
Member since 2006 • 6407 Posts

???

azargushasb
Tada and technically there are no laws in physics, imaginary particals violate the first "law" of thermodynamics too, we don't "know" that something can't come from nothing, nor do we know whether or not the universe has always been here.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Trickshot771
big bang theory...the balance between matter and antimatter was disrupted (matter and antimatter had been created and annhialated at the same rate) causing a slightly higher amount of matter than that of antimatter causing annhialation with left over matter which is what became of our known universe...the creation out of nothing has been proven at cern where matter and antimatter had been created in very small quantities but they have not been able to collect samples because the antimatter would react with the regular matter instantly...they would be created out of nothing and only exist for a fraction of a second before annhialation occursLA_lakers_4life
Gazoontite
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LA_lakers_4life
religion and science walk hand in hand...theories of creation has been scientifically proven when cern scientists created matter and antimatter from nothing at all using a particle accelerator...religion puts emphasis on the question, science puts emphasis on the answer, but both ask the same question
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 withouthatred

[QUOTE="zeroman089x2"]We don't know, but evolution makes alot more sense IMOHalf-Life_man

stfu creationism ftw

What deep insite :roll: btw, neither the big bang nor evolution contradicts genesis.
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 withouthatred
Religious thread will accomplish nothing, and trying to understand the universe is futile. im religious anyways, i figure blind faith is better than no faith at alllogansdabest
Why?
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
And what created god?  Nothing can appear out of nowhere right?  So something or someone created god, and who created that guy and who created that guy.. and why was richard simmons born?  ALL THESE are misteries..  Nobody knows for sure.
awzuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 awzuch
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts

???

azargushasb
im not atheist im agnostic and i dont have the answer but i do have a question..where did god come from then?..you know..what created god to let him create everything? evolution and creationism is the most logical answer in my opinion
AirForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AirForceX
Member since 2004 • 2297 Posts
I hate these debates.

Evolution and Christianity can co-exist (I dare not explain because I know I'm going to get involved in another flame war, look up yourself). Personally I believe there is a possibility of some sort of "Greater Being), but I also believe in evolution soooo....... yeah. I guess you could say I'm agnostic (not to confused with atheism).

Just to clarify the difference between an agnostic person and atheist.
An agnostic holds no religous beliefs but is not afraind to admit of the possibilty of an etheral being.
An atheist believes there is no possible way for there to be a God and refuses to listen to any other opinion (its true, I have a few atheist friends), plus they think they are edgy for being atheist,

I'm a pretty open-minded guy8)
firebubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 firebubbles
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts

???

azargushasb

big bang theory and evolution theory are two seperate theories which you seem to think mean the same thing... ummm. no they are not. actually physics is able to tell about the nature of rthe univers as time approaches closer to zero. the only thing our mathematics haven't been able to do yet is the nature of teh universe at t0. (that's from bbt) evolution makes much more sense than some guy creating everyone. why haven't people seen dinosaurs if GOD created us all?
AirForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AirForceX

???

azargushasb

Question.
Did you just watch 30 Days or did you decide to start a flame war on a whim? (its enivitable and you know it.)
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

AirForceX

Yeah and the same thing applies to god.. who created him?  How can he just be.. the human brain cant understand this or make any sense out of it.. thats were all this absurdity with religion and science come in.  The only thing that is 100% for sure is that nobody knows. 

withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 withouthatred
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

AirForceX

Question.
Did you just watch 30 Days or did you decide to start a flame war on a whim? (its enivitable and you know it.)

That's exactly what I was thinking, you see it too?
Jakaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jakaris
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
1: If something cannot spring out of nothing, where did God come from?
2: Big Bang theory actually states that the universe was COMPRESSED, down to the size of a few molecules, or larger, just a very small space, get it? Compression on that scale would be enormous, but it could happen. Compression on Earth can compress about an inch of iron to about a half inch. Same mass. Different dimensions. Look it up.
3: There is NOTHING AT ALL to suggest that the universe was created by God in the way that the Bible and all other religions, major and minor, depict it. However, there is evidence for the BBT, and Evolution.
4: I am NOT attacking religions. I believe that religions give people something to believe in, and for most of the population, something liek that is needed. The rigors of daily life make religion very tempting. I myself am of the belief that God exists, but that Allah also exists, and that every god for every other religion exists. We create our own gods in our mind, based on what we were taught and what we need at that point in our lives.

That being said, I am athiest. If I die, and I find out I was wrong.... oh well, hopefully Hell has a thermostat....
pdevil21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pdevil21
Member since 2004 • 799 Posts

How the universe was created and how it could end is impossible for the human mind to comprehend, you'll find out when yo die.

I find this site interesting: http://www.near-death.com/

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

???

azargushasb

These questions are stupid.

1) It's not a certainty that there ever was nothingness, therefore something being created from nothing wouldn't have even been an issue.

2) Even if there was nothing, then how could there have been any laws of physics dictating that something can't arise from nothing?

3) Something arises from nothing all the time in empty space. Matter IS spontaneously generated from nothing, it's just also generated along with an equal amount of antimatter.
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 withouthatred

How the universe was created and how it could end is impossible for the human mind to comprehend, you'll find out when yo die.

apperentally not

pdevil21
Avatar image for -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -o-o-o-o-o-o-ox
Member since 2005 • 2467 Posts
The whole universe is just an illusion.  It is a delusion called "duality" or "two-ness" or "oppositeness", when things are thought about and discriminated against based on the characteristics that they are, and the characteristics that they are not.

When you accept "nonduality", or a "oneness" of all things, you will see that the beginning of the universe is also the end of the universe, and everything in between.  You also accept that the universe is nothing at all.  To say that the universe just has "this" definite characteristic, and it doesn't have "this" one, you are discriminating what is the universe, and what isn't the universe; 2.

When you accept that nothing and everything is everything and nothing all at once, and that it is always changing, you flow with it, like the river.
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts
religion and science walk hand in hand...theories of creation has been scientifically proven when cern scientists created matter and antimatter from nothing at all using a particle accelerator...religion puts emphasis on the question, science puts emphasis on the answer, but both ask the same questionLA_lakers_4life
I disagree Religion may ask questions, but they also offer their own false answer. I don't think religion and live in the house with science, because eventually the science will eventually destroy the religion. Science is a changing, self repairing tool men use to explain everything. Thats what makes it "immortal" it adapts to EVERY change. It learns from mistakes and doesnt deny truth. Religion (for the most part) is a phantom that refuses to change. Eventually it gets easier and easier to see through the ghost because it gets harder and harder to believe. This is why mose religions die.
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LA_lakers_4life
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

MrGeezer

These questions are stupid.

1) It's not a certainty that there ever was nothingness, therefore something being created from nothing wouldn't have even been an issue.

2) Even if there was nothing, then how could there have been any laws of physics dictating that something can't arise from nothing?

3) Something arises from nothing all the time in empty space. Matter IS spontaneously generated from nothing, it's just also generated along with an equal amount of antimatter.

i stated these earlier....number 3 can prove that there was nothingness at one point in that matter and antimatter was being created and annhialated at the exact same rate before the balance was disrupted causing the big bang (a theory that i read in either national geographic or saw on national geographic)...

I-C-E-D-I-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 I-C-E-D-I-E
Member since 2003 • 12111 Posts
Yeah well what about anti-matter?
Avatar image for The-AirHendrix-
The-AirHendrix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The-AirHendrix-
Member since 2006 • 1466 Posts
Yeah well what about anti-matter?I-C-E-D-I-E

That chick in your sig is so hot.....
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LA_lakers_4life

Yeah well what about anti-matter?I-C-E-D-I-E

it proves the creation of something out of nothing

AirForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AirForceX
[QUOTE="AirForceX"] [QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

withouthatred

Question.

That's exactly what I was thinking, you see it too?

DVR, my friend, DVR8)

I have yet to watch it, is the episode as interesting as it sounds. (I'm going to watch it regardless, I look forward to this show when ever its on)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

[QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"]Yeah well what about anti-matter?The-AirHendrix-

That chick in your sig is so hot.....

Fake boobs and no meat on the bones... no thanks.

Avatar image for DeathWraith1234
DeathWraith1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 DeathWraith1234
Member since 2006 • 2857 Posts

???

azargushasb
That why I believe god just made the universe some billions of years ago and then just left it to run itself, and he watches it like a reality tv show.
Yarcofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 Yarcofin
Member since 2006 • 3396 Posts
Big Bang is just a theory. And also Quantam physics does allow something to be spontaniously created from nothing. God, is and shall ever be existent. This is the common response to the question "Who created God?" that I don't even think the origin of God or the length of His existence mentioned in the Bible, but this is the response none-the-less. For this to be true, then God didn't have a beginning, which would then have to make the condition true that there is an infinite amount of time prior to the creation of the universe, thus it would never come to be, for you can never reach the end of infinity. Thereby whatever does not have a beginning does not concede to time or existence. For something not to exist while frozen in time, it must have one reference point, namely a beginning. While'st I'll concede some things could perhaps never have an end, they all must have a beginning or shall never come to pass at all. The universe is said to not have always existed, but God has said to been, which would mean not all things must have a beginning of which would state the universe could be eternal. Yet scientists have said that the universe is 13.5 billion years old--while a long long time, not eternal; but then perhaps God made it--nay, that would mean the universe's age is that too old for the Bible's accountments, making the Bible wrong regardless.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

???

azargushasb

if there was absolute nothing, then where did god come from???

answer me that, and ill answer u

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

DeathWraith1234
That why I believe god just made the universe some billions of years ago and then just left it to run itself, and he watches it like a reality tv show.

That'd have to be one hell of a crappy god to do that.
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts
Yeah I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't really believe in that Adam and Eve stuff because then how were there dinosaurs, and the Big Bang doesn't really make since because explosions usually don't create stuff.Trickshot771
Also, one thing that I've always found interesting, why is chapter 1 of genesis incompatible with the whole cosmological big bang??? Genesis Chapter 1 verse 2 And the earth was without form, and void... just poetically stating that there was nothing Genesis Chapter 1 verse 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Before there was matter there was light, the light of creation. Well, according to the actual big bang theory, the universe was created in an explosion of energy (light) not matter, the matter formed over hundreds of thousands of years after the universe cooled down from its initial expansion. Genesis Chapter 1 verse 6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. Genesis Chapter 1 verse 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. Genesis Chapter 1 verse 9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. So, this implies that the Earth as we know it began as a gigantic ocean world, like a thawed Europa. This is perfectly in step with the current theories of the creation of the Earth, and the forming of the oceans and the continents. Genesis Chapter 1 verse 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. Next plant life developed, well as free-floating molecular oxygen is not stable in any environment (it bonds readily with nearly anything) yes, you need plant life before animal life can form. Genesis Chapter 1 verse 20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. The development of animal life starts in the ocean, sounds to match up with modern evolutionary theory there. Genesis Chapter 1 verse 24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. So, finally, life on the land is created. Then man is created. Once you throw out the whole seven days part, the two things do kind of follow one another, which I've always found quite intriguing.