If you belief in evolution and are atheist let me ask you a question ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcocat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#101 marcocat
Member since 2002 • 16132 Posts
[QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="marcocat"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"] Nothing. I responded to the topic creator's comment and then a bunch of people ignored it and started talking about my sig.

Wow! I hadn't noticed your sig! I haven't been in the Loung for a while :|

Hey don't blame me, people could've just simply pmed me about it but they didn't so I responded. Show some respect boy.

*shows respect* *farts*
Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts
[QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"]

[QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"]Yeah well what about anti-matter?I-C-E-D-I-E

who is that in your sig i want to find naked pics of her

There are no naked pics of my step mom.

I find it odd that you want to see a half naked pic of you're step mom while posting on game spot.

Well don't.

Fine i wont!

And just so you know. I get lots of love from my step mom....a lot.

and so does hugh hefner

Lol, she's not from playboy. I just put playboy font just because...i felt like it.

sure...

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

qetuo6

What created God?

No one created God, as he has been there forever. Time is an invention of man.
Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
[QUOTE="qetuo6"][QUOTE="azargushasb"]

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

Taegukki

What created God?

god is the invention of man to give them a sense of purpose

I-C-E-D-I-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 I-C-E-D-I-E
Member since 2003 • 12111 Posts
[QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"]

[QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"]Yeah well what about anti-matter?reservoir_doggy

I find it odd that you want to see a half naked pic of you're step mom while posting on game spot.

Well don't.

Fine i wont!

and so does hugh hefner

Lol, she's not from playboy. I just put playboy font just because...i felt like it.

sure...

Go ahead, you won't find any nudy pics of her...it's not like I haven't tried.
marcocat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 marcocat
How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:
Aqueteas7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Aqueteas7
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
[QUOTE="marcocat"]How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:

I think you struck an even more crushing blow to all of your english teachers.
I-C-E-D-I-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 I-C-E-D-I-E
Member since 2003 • 12111 Posts
[QUOTE="marcocat"]How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:

Isn't it obvious? Ok lets see...when a man and a woman fall in love...well they do things. Things that can be never spoken about.
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 withouthatred
Member since 2006 • 6407 Posts
[QUOTE="qetuo6"][QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

Taegukki

What created God?

Could the universe have been here forever? Going through an infinite cycle of collapses and "big bangs"?
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LA_lakers_4life

How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:marcocat

god was created when individuals could not comprehend the futility of life and that life had no meaning...so in order for them to function they had to create something for them to live for...so they created god

reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 reservoir_doggy
[QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"][QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"][QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"]

[QUOTE="I-C-E-D-I-E"]Yeah well what about anti-matter?I-C-E-D-I-E

Well don't.

Fine i wont!

and so does hugh hefner

sure...

Go ahead, you won't find any nudy pics of her...it's not like I haven't tried.

You havent told me her name, i promise that if you give me her name i will pm you the url that i find the pics from

Aqueteas7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Aqueteas7
[QUOTE="Taegukki"] [QUOTE="qetuo6"][QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

withouthatred

What created God?

Could the universe have been here forever? Going through an infinite cycle of collapses and "big bangs"?

Actually I remeber reading something like that in the Tribune. Something to do with the Universe expanding, and eventually, snapping back. Would a "big bang" be the result of such a contraction in space? Are we trapped in a endless cycle of expanding and contracting universes? Wouldn't such a sudden contraction of mass lead to black holes, which would take care of any residual mass thereby destroying any remains of a universe?
marcocat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 marcocat
[QUOTE="Aqueteas7"][QUOTE="marcocat"]How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:

I think you struck an even more crushing blow to all of your english teachers.

:oops: I'm still learning, how should I say?
marcocat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 marcocat

[QUOTE="marcocat"]How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:LA_lakers_4life

god was created when individuals could not comprehend the futility of life and that life had no meaning...so in order for them to function they had to create something for them to live for...so they created god

Yes, but some people just don't understand :|
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LA_lakers_4life
[QUOTE="LA_lakers_4life"]

[QUOTE="marcocat"]How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:marcocat

Yes, but some people just don't understand :|

they should read "the stranger" by albert camus...its a great existentialist novel

withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 withouthatred
[QUOTE="withouthatred"][QUOTE="Taegukki"] [QUOTE="qetuo6"][QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

Aqueteas7

What created God?

Actually I remeber reading something like that in the Tribune. Something to do with the Universe expanding, and eventually, snapping back. Would a "big bang" be the result of such a contraction in space? I suppose it's a possibility Are we trapped in a endless cycle of expanding and contracting universes? Maybe, it's difficult to really draw conclusions to such new hypothesis. Wouldn't such a sudden contraction of mass lead to black holes, which would take care of any residual mass thereby destroying any remains of a universe?

It would, but not until the last few minutes before the "big crunch" which in turn would become a bang.
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="withouthatred"][QUOTE="Taegukki"] [QUOTE="qetuo6"][QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

Aqueteas7

What created God?

Actually I remeber reading something like that in the Tribune. Something to do with the Universe expanding, and eventually, snapping back. Would a "big bang" be the result of such a contraction in space? Are we trapped in a endless cycle of expanding and contracting universes? Wouldn't such a sudden contraction of mass lead to black holes, which would take care of any residual mass thereby destroying any remains of a universe?

That is the oscilating universe. For it to work the universe must be massive enough that the effect of gravity will eventually halt its expansion and it will collapse. Here's the breakdown: Open Universe - there is so little mass that the universe the universe just keeps expanding The universe then becomes a infinitely diffuse, cold, dark, burnt out, dead uhhhhh universe. Or there could be something that happens where it expands to the point that it simply rips space apart at some point. Flat Universe - there's enough mass to make the rate of expansion nearly 0, but it never contracts, it just stays more or less static Closed Universe - there's enough mass to lead to the big crunch.
lil-MIB2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lil-MIB2
Member since 2006 • 740 Posts

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something  from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

azargushasb

omg u gave me the reason why god exists (i made a Thread about it.............)

lil-MIB2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 lil-MIB2
How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:marcocat
god was already made.............
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 reservoir_doggy

[QUOTE="marcocat"]How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:lil-MIB2

Something cant already be made. In order for something to be made then someone would have to make it

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts

[QUOTE="lil-MIB2"][QUOTE="marcocat"]How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:reservoir_doggy

Something cant already be made. In order for something to be made then someone would have to make it

For all we know, God and His angels are actually a race of beings that ascended to a higher plane of existance, with the power to create and destroy life with a thought. The ascended through the use of what we know as quantum physics, and thus once we master quantum physics, we essentially become the new God. For all we know, God has always existed for infinity, and will continue to exist until infinity. That's the nice part of being an omnipotent being, it makes us inferior beings think about stuff like this until the arguement boils down to petty insults.
reddevilyi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 reddevilyi

The whole universe is just an illusion.  It is a delusion called "duality" or "two-ness" or "oppositeness", when things are thought about and discriminated against based on the characteristics that they are, and the characteristics that they are not.

When you accept "nonduality", or a "oneness" of all things, you will see that the beginning of the universe is also the end of the universe, and everything in between.  You also accept that the universe is nothing at all.  To say that the universe just has "this" definite characteristic, and it doesn't have "this" one, you are discriminating what is the universe, and what isn't the universe; 2.

When you accept that nothing and everything is everything and nothing all at once, and that it is always changing, you flow with it, like the river.
-o-o-o-o-o-o-ox

Hells yeah! Buddhism FTW!

withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 withouthatred
[QUOTE="reservoir_doggy"]

[QUOTE="lil-MIB2"][QUOTE="marcocat"]How god got created? Take that religious people! :twisted:tycoonmike

For all we know, God and His angels are actually a race of beings that ascended to a higher plane of existance, with the power to create and destroy life with a thought. The ascended through the use of what we know as quantum physics, and thus once we master quantum physics, we essentially become the new God. For all we know, God has always existed for infinity, and will continue to exist until infinity. That's the nice part of being an omnipotent being, it makes us inferior beings think about stuff like this until the arguement boils down to petty insults.

I think Aristotal believed something like that.
relyt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 relyt92
Member since 2006 • 15087 Posts
Let me ask you this then, what made God, as you say, something can't come from nothing.
fatjack04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125 fatjack04
Member since 2005 • 2250 Posts
People just let others believe what they want. I, personally am christian and find more logic in God creating everything over rocks forming together over billions of years to create earth and other planets. So, i agree with your thinking, but it doesn't hurt you or anything that athiests, agnostics, etc don't beleive what you believe right? so, theres no need to make topics about it when theres a thousand more that you can either just find and add to, or read for yourself all of gamespotters opinions.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts

Before the big bang whier the universe started their was no time , space , or matter . HOW COULD THE UNIVERSE HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM NOTHINGNESS . YOU CANNOT CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING . It it not one of the laws of psychics ? Their for their had to be a god to to create something  from nothing . If you have a answer for me please tell me .

???

azargushasb

If god created everything then who / what created God, and if there was nothing how did this thing exist to create god to create everything ?

bahamut_032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 bahamut_032
Member since 2004 • 10305 Posts

???

azargushasb

check and mate, bud. Props, you've successfully twisted an age old concept around to a question that I dont think science itself can answer.
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 withouthatred
People just let others believe what they want. I, personally am christian and find more logic in God creating everything over rocks forming together over billions of years to create earth and other planets. So, i agree with your thinking, but it doesn't hurt you or anything that athiests, agnostics, etc don't beleive what you believe right? so, theres no need to make topics about it when theres a thousand more that you can either just find and add to, or read for yourself all of gamespotters opinions.fatjack04
Is it possible that god created the Earth and universe via the "rocks forming together"?
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 bobwill1
Okay, I posted the whole Genesis versus evolution comparison, showing how they paralleled one another. Here's the funny part that few realize. Look back at my posting, I'm very specific about always refering to chapter 1 of genesis. There's a reason for that, other than my naturally obsessive behavior. Chapter 2 of Genesis has a different creation story. Grab your bibles if you don't believe me. Genesis Chapter 1 26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis Chapter 2 7: And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. 8: And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. 9: And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. 10: And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. 11: The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; 12: And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. 13: And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. 14: And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates. 15: And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. 16: And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. 18: And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. 19: And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. 20: And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. 21: And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22: And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. So, which Christian creationism story do you want to believe?
Aqueteas7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Aqueteas7
What I always wondered about is where the universe is, it has to be somewhere you know. What is beyond the ever expanding bounderies of what we call our universe? Like I know my inquiry may make no sense, but I envision it like this. I am in a house in a town in a state in a country on a planet in the solar system in a galaxy in a universe......? then what. In my mind the Universe has to be taking up space, but what space is it taking up? Am i to believe its just infinite space? Are there bounderies? It just confuses me to believe that space is just there, because I don't know where there is.
pdevil21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 pdevil21
Member since 2004 • 799 Posts
Bringing the topic back, hahaha. This will probably add 13 more pages!
pdevil21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 pdevil21

I said 13 more pages damn it!

krettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By krettis
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

'

ElMikeO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ElMikeO
Member since 2003 • 494 Posts
big bang theory...the balance between matter and antimatter was disrupted (matter and antimatter had been created and annhialated at the same rate) causing a slightly higher amount of matter than that of antimatter causing annhialation with left over matter which is what became of our known universe...the creation out of nothing has been proven at cern where matter and antimatter had been created in very small quantities but they have not been able to collect samples because the antimatter would react with the regular matter instantly...they would be created out of nothing and only exist for a fraction of a second before annhialation occursLA_lakers_4life
Have you been reading Angels and Demons? ^^
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#135 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

(I'm not atheist but...) 500 years ago, we new so little, we didn't know what the sun was made of. We thought the entire universe was basically just what we could see in the sky. And now we haven't even figured even half of the mysteries of the universe. Imagine how much we will know in 500 years from now, 1000 years from now. We will soon figure out if in fact there is a way for the universe to create itself, whether or not it seams impossible to us right now.

Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
Technically, if God existed, he would've had to come from nothing....
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#137 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

big bang theory...the balance between matter and antimatter was disrupted (matter and antimatter had been created and annhialated at the same rate) causing a slightly higher amount of matter than that of antimatter causing annhialation with left over matter which is what became of our known universe...the creation out of nothing has been proven at cern where matter and antimatter had been created in very small quantities but they have not been able to collect samples because the antimatter would react with the regular matter instantly...they would be created out of nothing and only exist for a fraction of a second before annhialation occursLA_lakers_4life

okay, but what caused the disruption between the same ratese of antimatter and matter. How can both matter and antimatter pop into existance, which annilates creating energy. Energy created from nothing? how is that possible?

pdevil21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 pdevil21

How is it possible for anything to exist?  The most pleasant thought is that god exist, and even more pleasant thought is that there is no hell, and an even more pleasant thought is 13 virgins in heaven.  I'm off to blow myself up now.

TeeDee1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TeeDee1978
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts
well.. imho i think there is a god as long as people don't know how to explain certain things. then they use "god" or a "godlike being" as a comfortable explanation. been like that and always will be until humanity knows everything about everything. quantum physics are just another kind of religion.
GTAPro91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#140 GTAPro91
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts
[QUOTE="azargushasb"]

???

qetuo6

What created God?

god was always there and yea u wont be able to understand that but god said that this stuff is too complicated for our minds. its just like this story i heard. This kid was trying to put all the water in the ocean into a hole he made in the sand and a man went up to him and asked him, "how can you possibly be able to fit alll of the ocean in that hole?" the boy then replyed, " how can you possibly believe that you can fit all of the mysterys of the universe in such a small mind?" so pretty much we are only human and wont really understand the whole way that things were created and god always being around and stuff. and all this confusion causes some scienitsts to create stuff like the big bang **** So i believe in the story the bible tells us and the athiests can go kill themselves for all i care. Honestly id rather believe in god and die to find out there isnt, than to not belive and die to find out there is and that i wont be able to be with him cuz of me being niave like that.
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 bobwill1
Well, I was going to let this thread die, rather than bring up my response to somebody's question about modern scientific theories being based off of the judeo-christian creation stories. Well, I pointed out the mirrors between the two stories, and that the creation story in Genesis could be interpreted as being a poetic interpretation of the events as modern science believes they occurred. Anyway, while I find the mirrors between the two stories intriguing, it's even more intriguing that the modern scientific theories were not based in any way off of any religious belief. How did the big bang theory get started??? Well, until the 20th century all of the scientists were pretty certain that the universe was static in nature. Even Einstien thought the universe was neither growing nor shrinking when he wrote most of his best works. This is why he introduced the Cosmological Constant. It was a force that would be a universal counter to gravity, thus the universe would not collapse. Well, then came Edwin Hubble with his observations that almost all galaxies in the sky seem to be moving away from us, given the red shift of their spectrums. So, if all of the galaxies are moving away from us (well, not all, we're actually going to collide with Andromeda in the future) then that means the universe is expanding. Well, if the universe is currently expanding, then it was probably expanding in the past. If it is expanding, and it has been expanding, then that means that the universe was a lot smaller than it had been. There was still debate in the scientific community, and there remains some, but a lot of it has died off since the discovery of the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation.  It's light out at the edge of the universe created as matter formed in the unverse about 1/2 million years after the big bang. It's currently about 3 degrees kelvin, which is right around the temp you'd expect for something as massive as the universe that's been expanding and cooling for 12-15 billion years. I think that the gigantic insects that were around during the Carboniferous period are a good example of evolution. Insects made it onto dry land earlier than vertibrates, because they had an exoskelleton that could support their own body weight outside of the water. Even to this day, crabs and lobsters can survive for some time on dry land, whereas something like a whale would be crushed under its own body weight. Well, for some time there was little competition, and a species of gigantic dragonfly-like insects appeared. Well, with the rise of vertibrates such as amphibians, and reptiles, these insects died off because they simply were not well designed to deal with the newer more modern predators. The same thing happened when the North American and South American continental plates collided. South America was one of the last hold outs for the Terror Birds. Well, they simply could not adjust to the new environment, and competition from the new predators, and they ended up going extinct.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
Genesis and Big Bang are the same thing. You state something cannot be created out of nothing, but the bible says "light there be light", and bam, something out of nothing.
TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts
Evolution is obviously true. Like come on, it's still going on as we speak. The creation of the universe has nothing to do with Evolution either. Obviously there must be some higher being that made the universe and everything in it that lead to the Big Bang and everything proceeding it. Science can explain almost everything in the universe except for how the universe got there, and that's where god comes in.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts
There isn't an answer yet. But the same could be true of any scientific discovery. Just because we didn't know micro-organisms caused disease in the Middle Ages didn't mean it wasn't true.... we just hadn't discovered that yet.

Evolution may not be the answer we're looking for with regards to our origins, but there is promising research being done in the field that may confirm it, or may simply put us on the path to finding the correct answer (just as the various theories of atomic construction eventually led to a conclusive answer on what comprises an atom). Scientists, at the very least, can be counted on to attempt to back up their theories with observations of the real world. That's more than can be said for apologists, who do their best to force nature and Biblical text together, even when the observations in the Bible are plainly incorrect (metaphor must be their favourite word...).

Since I answered your question, how about you answer mine:

Assuming a higher being did create this universe, what makes you think it ascribes to the attributes your religion assigns it?
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#145 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts
well, if nothing existed before the big bang it stands to reason physics did not exist either so creation from nothingness does not violate a law that does not exist...
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
Anyone read Angels & Demons?
withouthatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 withouthatred
Don't you people know anything? Evolution is a lie, the world is flat, and donkeys can talk, doesn't anybody have any common sence anymore?
The_Fat_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#148 The_Fat_Zebra
Member since 2005 • 2523 Posts
Creationism is like a god of lightning; because you don't understand it, you invent something to make you feel at ease.  Whatever floats your boat!
tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
We don't know, but evolution makes alot more sense IMOzeroman089x2

Yeah besides, this is something people that are threatened by science and want to only accept religion do.  They don't read into a whole theory.  All matter has always been here.  Before time, the sigularity which contained all matter did exist and the big bang refers to the super fast expansion of that matter.  Where it came from or where it was, we can't tell and probably never will, the research and solutions found say that we cannot look past a certain point in history and the laws of physics bind us to only really be able to see a few hundred thousands of years after the big bang.  All we can tell is that all matter was in a singularity and time and space, as we know it and feel it, did not exist.  Space Time is 4 dimensional and it cannot exist when only 1 dimension is allowed.
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts
[QUOTE="tenorio_rotc"]
We don't know, but evolution makes alot more sense IMOzeroman089x2

Yeah besides, this is something people that are threatened by science and want to only accept religion do. They don't read into a whole theory. All matter has always been here. Before time, the sigularity which contained all matter did exist and the big bang refers to the super fast expansion of that matter. Where it came from or where it was, we can't tell and probably never will, the research and solutions found say that we cannot look past a certain point in history and the laws of physics bind us to only really be able to see a few hundred thousands of years after the big bang. All we can tell is that all matter was in a singularity and time and space, as we know it and feel it, did not exist. Space Time is 4 dimensional and it cannot exist when only 1 dimension is allowed.

How can we be certain that this is true, though? All scientific theories, like evolution or the big bang, are just that, theories. They are not fact, becuase that goes against what a theory is, something that is most likely true, but still cannot be proven. For all we know, God created the universe as easily as if we were to flip a light switch. We can never be certain.