Do you accept g@ys?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#51 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
[QUOTE="jaydough"] Why wouldn't I? It's only natural for some people to like other people of the same sex. I see no reason why they would be different from any of us. HereticGamer911
This^^^

Now, this isn't meant to offend anyone in the slightest, but it just kinda bothers me when people say it's normal to be attracted to the same sex. It is not - by the very definition of the word - normal. Males and females are designed (not intelligently designed, mind you, just designed in general) to be attracted to each other. That's why they have interlocking parts for reproduction. There's a certain chemistry that's supposed to be maintained in the body and in the mind, and if two members of the same sex are attracted to each other, something is out of whack. Again, this isn't meant to offend anyone. By saying something is abnormal does not make that someone a bad person. I have an abnormal digestive system, but surely that doesn't make me a bad person. Anyway, just wanted to get that out there.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

I'd kind of by a hypocrite if I didn't. :P Gay guys can't control how attracted they are to Brad Pitt*. They can, however, continue to act like men as opposed to becoming "fabulous."

* Note: I've replaced "other guys" with "Brad Pitt" as he's pretty much completely breathtaking. :oops:

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Not a bit. :x

Theokhoth

There's no need to panic, but there's a homosexual using your computer. He's even in the same room as you this very instance :o

What?! When I find that fruity bastard, I'm gonna tear his ass up!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I took that last part of your post WAY out of context for some strange reason lol....
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="HereticGamer911"][QUOTE="jaydough"] Why wouldn't I? It's only natural for some people to like other people of the same sex. I see no reason why they would be different from any of us. JustPlainLucas
This^^^

Now, this isn't meant to offend anyone in the slightest, but it just kinda bothers me when people say it's normal to be attracted to the same sex. It is not - by the very definition of the word - normal. Males and females are designed (not intelligently designed, mind you, just designed in general) to be attracted to each other. That's why they have interlocking parts for reproduction. There's a certain chemistry that's supposed to be maintained in the body and in the mind, and if two members of the same sex are attracted to each other, something is out of whack. Again, this isn't meant to offend anyone. By saying something is abnormal does not make that someone a bad person. I have an abnormal digestive system, but surely that doesn't make me a bad person. Anyway, just wanted to get that out there.

While I agree with you for the most part, jaydough didn't say anything about homosexuality being "normal". He called it "natural".
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
[QUOTE="HereticGamer911"][QUOTE="jaydough"] Why wouldn't I? It's only natural for some people to like other people of the same sex. I see no reason why they would be different from any of us. JustPlainLucas
This^^^

True it's not normal, that doesn't mean it's not natural though. Birthdefects are not normal, but they are often natural. As I'm sure someone was going to post this, I thought I might as well get it out of the way.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
Of course I do.Like you said,they're people too.Judging a person simply by their orientation is no different than judging a person by their skin color.It's ridiculous to dislike a person simply because they're gay.Some of the coolest people I've ever known were gay
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
This^^^

Normal is about perspective, not majorities. To a homosexual it is normal to be attracted to the same sex. So to YOU it is not normal, but to a person who has felt this all their life it is also normal. Normal is all dependent upon perspective.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]In what way? If a burly man appeared at my bedroom door tonight and asked "Do you accept me?" then I'd have to say no.Theokhoth

What if it was a slightly out of shape but still mostly slender man?

Only if he was post-op and it was a very successful surgery.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts

No, I don't like gay people.

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Euroshinobi
Member since 2009 • 3299 Posts

Being attracted to the opposite sex is no more normal than the same sex, reproduction has nothing to do with attraction, if a person cant help being attracted to the same sex than they are normal..........you acting like they're crazy or have a disease, is offensive no matter how nice you try to make it sound

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

I surely don't mind. However, unless it's a lesbian trying to come on to me, then I have a problem. If have no problem socializing with a homosexual male, but if he tries to f;irt with me, is when I have a problem...tocool340

Don't flatter yourself

FlowGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FlowGreen
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts
yeah,let them live
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Of course I do.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 JustPlainLucas
While I agree with you for the most part, jaydough didn't say anything about homosexuality being "normal". He called it "natural".-Sun_Tzu-
Well, I just equated natural with normal.
True it's not normal, that doesn't mean it's not natural though. Birthdefects are not normal, but they are often natural. As I'm sure someone was going to post this, I thought I might as well get it out of the way.guynamedbilly
Yeah, someone just beat you to it. :P
Normal is about perspective, not majorities. To a homosexual it is normal to be attracted to the same sex. So to YOU it is not normal, but to a person who has felt this all their life it is also normal. Normal is all dependent upon perspective. warbmxjohn
I meant to actually address the term natural, as I don't feel being homosexual is natural either. Still, there is nothing inherently wrong about that.
sarahxox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#66 sarahxox
Member since 2008 • 957 Posts

Yes.. I dont have a problem with it. I have many gay friends, and they're just normal people...

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JustPlainLucas
[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Being attracted to the opposite sex is no more normal than the same sex, reproduction has nothing to do with attraction, if a person cant help being attracted to the same sex than they are normal..........you acting like they're crazy or have a disease, is offensive no matter how nice you try to make it sound

And you're EXACTLY the type of person I was afraid would comment. And didn't I just say that it doesn't make them bad people? All I'm saying is it goes against the design of the species, to propagate. It has nothing to do with the character of the person. There is nothing offensive in what I've said, and you still find yourself offended by what I've said, then I'm sorry you feel that way.
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Yeah, of course.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
I meant to actually address the term natural, as I don't feel being homosexual is natural either. Still, there is nothing inherently wrong about that.JustPlainLucas
Ah, but just because something is natural does not make it normal. But then again, it all depends on what definition of "normal" you wish to adhere to.
KcurtorMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 KcurtorMas
Member since 2009 • 1484 Posts

It seems now in our society that we are forced to accept them, I probably wouldn't if it wasn't like it is today. TheColbert

Oh thats good. You think that way solelybecause ofthe fact that society does. You feel forced because you lack the nerve to stand up for something you dont really believe in. Good for you:?

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Euroshinobi
Member since 2009 • 3299 Posts

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

JustPlainLucas

And you're EXACTLY the type of person I was afraid would comment. And didn't I just say that it doesn't make them bad people? All I'm saying is it goes against the design of the species, to propagate. It has nothing to do with the character of the person. There is nothing offensive in what I've said, and you still find yourself offended by what I've said, then I'm sorry you feel that way.

You said if someone is attracted to the same sex, something is out of whack, you're basicaly telling homosexuals there is something wrong with them, that is offensive, because you're suggesting what they do is not normal......as if you have an idea what normal is.......again reproduction has nothing to do with it it is natural for a man to be with a woman, not normal

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts

Yep, always have. As long as I don't see them making out in front of me I don't mind.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Teenaged

It seems now in our society that we are forced to accept them, I probably wouldn't if it wasn't like it is today. TheColbert
You are just forced to treat them as equals and thats a fair request.

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Menalque2

And you're EXACTLY the type of person I was afraid would comment. And didn't I just say that it doesn't make them bad people? All I'm saying is it goes against the design of the species, to propagate. It has nothing to do with the character of the person. There is nothing offensive in what I've said, and you still find yourself offended by what I've said, then I'm sorry you feel that way. JustPlainLucas

It seems somebody has hit a nerve with you anyway.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#75 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

as if you have an idea what normal is.......

Euroshinobi

True, normal is a term that cannot be defined imo, except maybe on a medical chart.

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BlueBirdTS

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

You said if someone is attracted to the same sex, something is out of whack, you're basicaly telling homosexuals there is something wrong with them, that is offensive, because you're suggesting what they do is not normal......as if you have an idea what normal is.......again reproduction has nothing to do with it it is natural for a man to be with a woman, not normal

Well, homosexuality is not "normal", you can't really argue that. Whether it is morally "right" is a completely different issue.

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

Out of whack is a harsh phrase. But between the vagina/penis, chemical reactions, and procreation. It's pretty easy to see men are designed to be with women and women with men.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="TheColbert"]It seems now in our society that we are forced to accept them, I probably wouldn't if it wasn't like it is today. Teenaged

But there are so many slurs that will have to go unused now. Imagine the hurt this will do to the English language. Please think of the children.
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BlueBirdTS

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

as if you have an idea what normal is.......

dog64

True, normal is a term that cannot be defined imo, except maybe on a medical chart.

How can you not define it? You can plot behaviors/traits/whatever on a normal distribution and then define X number of standard deviations away from the mean as being abnormal.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Teenaged

Well, homosexuality is not "normal", you can't really argue that. Whether it is morally "right" is a completely different issue.

BlueBirdTS

Well if we are talking about the physical parts again then I could come with arguments that would indicate otherwise but I dont want to go into detail. :P

HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

yup. i have good friends who are gay :)

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BlueBirdTS

[QUOTE="BlueBirdTS"]

Teenaged

Well if we are talking about the physical parts again then I could come with arguments that would indicate otherwise but I dont want to go into detail. :P

Yeah, I think you'd best not. :P

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="TheColbert"]It seems now in our society that we are forced to accept them, I probably wouldn't if it wasn't like it is today. guynamedbilly

But there are so many slurs that will have to go unused now. Imagine the hurt this will do to the English language. Please think of the children.

I honestly dont know what that expression means. :? Could you please?

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ace_WondersX

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]And you're EXACTLY the type of person I was afraid would comment. And didn't I just say that it doesn't make them bad people? All I'm saying is it goes against the design of the species, to propagate. It has nothing to do with the character of the person. There is nothing offensive in what I've said, and you still find yourself offended by what I've said, then I'm sorry you feel that way. BlueBirdTS

Even if it's considered morally wrong, gays should be allowed to do what they want because morally is subjective. My problem is the way it gets handled in public.
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts
I don't care, people are people. But they could limit what they do in public... seeing a forty year-old man staring at a small boy is actually creepy for those of you who think otherwise.
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts

No, I don't like gay people.

WhiteSnake5000
[spoiler] why so ignorant? [/spoiler]
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

They have the right to walk their own path in life, no matter what anyone else thinks about it.

Thats all I have to say.

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts

This^^^

Alright I never get why people always bring up mating, reproduction, etc. There are a range of people out there man. There are both men and women that don't want kids, like my uncle. He's not attracted to men or women (yeah we get along like that) and could care less if he had kids, a woman or anything really. Then there are people who just don't enjoy sex, is something wrong with them? I just don't get that whole "You we're meant to reproduce" crap, it's a crap argument.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Teenaged

I don't care, people are people. But they could limit what they do in public... seeing a forty year-old man staring at a small boy is actually creepy for those of you who think otherwise.Pyro767
So is the sight of a 40-year-old man staring at a 17 year-old girls mini skirt.

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts

I don't care, people are people. But they could limit what they do in public... seeing a forty year-old man staring at a small boy is actually creepy for those of you who think otherwise.Pyro767

Gays are not child molesters. Infact see how many strait men looking for a power-trip ending up raping kids.

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Menalque2

Out of whack is a harsh phrase. But between the vagina/penis, chemical reactions, and procreation. It's pretty easy to see men are designed to be with women and women with men.Ace_WondersX

If we really must get into the gory details, what about the notion that the male g-spot is located in the prostate gland?

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#92 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="Pyro767"]I don't care, people are people. But they could limit what they do in public... seeing a forty year-old man staring at a small boy is actually creepy for those of you who think otherwise.Teenaged

So is the sight of a 40-year-old man staring at a 17 year-old girls mini skirt.

Oh so true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

I honestly dont know what that expression means. :? Could you please?

Teenaged

A slur is a personal insult towards an individual, usually based on gender, race, nationality, etc.

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts

There is nothing wrong with them, so why wouldn't I accept them?

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ace_WondersX

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="HereticGamer911"] This^^^dj_pulserfan

Alright I never get why people always bring up mating, reproduction, etc. There are a range of people out there man. There are both men and women that don't want kids, like my uncle. He's not attracted to men or women (yeah we get along like that) and could care less if he had kids, a woman or anything really. Then there are people who just don't enjoy sex, is something wrong with them? I just don't get that whole "You we're meant to reproduce" crap, it's a crap argument.

Regardless of reproduction. The male and female anatomy are built for eachother. Very different but at the same time perfect for the counterpart.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

I'm gay and I find that incredibly creepy. :? I also don't stare at small boys. I think you're confusing the meaning of gay for something more along the lines of "pedophile."

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

Thats not being gay Well, not just gay Thatd be a gay pedophile.

Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts

[QUOTE="Pyro767"]I don't care, people are people. But they could limit what they do in public... seeing a forty year-old man staring at a small boy is actually creepy for those of you who think otherwise.Dark_Knight6

I'm gay and I find that incredibly creepy. :? I also don't stare at small boys. I think you're confusing the meaning of gay for something more along the lines of "pedophile."

Still, some homosexual people could restrain themselves. I don't mean you, you seem like a good person, but you get what I mean.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]I honestly dont know what that expression means. :? Could you please?

guynamedbilly

A slur is a personal insult towards an individual, usually based on gender, race, nationality, etc.

Ok then.

Well languages evolve. And also parents have nothing to fear about their children's exposure to a society tolerant (not just tolerant but of equal treatment) of homosexual people. ;)

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
of course....and they accept me...:oops: