Do you accept g@ys?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#201 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts

[QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"][QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"] Ok, sorry for the attack. But people are rarely taught to listen to a certain genre of music. People are exposed to music. And in the same way if someone is exposed to something and they decided they wanted to be gay then that fine. But still I don't think we should teach that it isn't something that sets you apart from the majority by going against the stat quo.Ace_WondersX

so we all should follow the status quo how boring would be?

Animals try to follow the status quo. I know we're humans and are intelligent enough to defy instinct, but we're still animals when it comes down to it

not trying to sound racists or anything but if we followed the status quo we would still have slaves and there would have been no civil war..
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]Since the rectal prolapse exists in NO statistical analysis related to rectal sex, then it itself remains a very vague, oh so vague possibility. Try again. ;)

Besides I enumerated 3 side-effects of pregnancy (probably not the only ones) and you have one. What do you think?

Ring_of_fire

I never mentioned rectal prolapse, everybody's sphincter doesn't get to the point of damage to allow prolapse. But regardless damage is being done.

Ever consider warning straight people of that particular danger?

I don't approve of anal sex whether straight or gay But like I said you can do what you want in privacy.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"] Ok, sorry for the attack. But people are rarely taught to listen to a certain genre of music. People are exposed to music. And in the same way if someone is exposed to something and they decided they wanted to be gay then that fine. But still I don't think we should teach that it isn't something that sets you apart from the majority by going against the stat quo.Ace_WondersX

Being exposed to the idea that homosexuality is not wrong will not make you gay.

There is no way to prove this, but i'm almost sure if you raise a child in a all-gay community were homosexuality is seen as the stat quo, there is a higher chance they'll be gay in the future. Humans are programmed by the pack. So even though there will still be straight people around, children will be raised with the mentality that "when I grow up I'm either going to like a man or a woman" instead of "I'll like a man/woman". You can argue it's their choice but they have already been influenced subconsciously.

The only thing I could say is that this person is more likely to experiment and be open with his/her sexuality not necessarily that he/she will become gay.

Besides a huge FACT that shed a LOT of doubt on what you say is the very fact that the vast majority of gay people grew into a homophobic environment or at least in an environent where no homosexual role-models where at play.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#204 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Incidentally, it looks like Gamespot is monitoring the topics created for advertising. The ads I'm seeing at the bottom of the page are for all-gay cruises, gay and lesbian magazines, and "Is your husband gayTeenaged

Yep I have noticed that too. Its disturbing to know you are being monitored... :P

They are sponsored links guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_per_click

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Incidentally, it looks like Gamespot is monitoring the topics created for advertising. The ads I'm seeing at the bottom of the page are for all-gay cruises, gay and lesbian magazines, and "Is your husband gaywarbmxjohn

Yep I have noticed that too. Its disturbing to know you are being monitored... :P

They are sponsored links guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_per_click

Yeah I know how it works. Its still weird. :P

NoNeed4ScOpE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#206 NoNeed4ScOpE
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It amazes me how many people accept them now. I never had any prolbem with them. I just mind my business and they mind there's. I rent apartments to them now and again and I must say that they are the cleanest people ever.
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Ace_WondersX
[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"]

[QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"] so we all should follow the status quo how boring would be? XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Animals try to follow the status quo. I know we're humans and are intelligent enough to defy instinct, but we're still animals when it comes down to it

not trying to sound racists or anything but if we followed the status quo we would still have slaves and there would have been no civil war..

That's a good example. A couple of people defied the stat quo, which convinced more people to defy the stat quo. Until those defying it were the stat quo. I'm not saying eventually almost everybody will be gay but being around someone who defies the stat quo is more like to make you defy it too.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
My girlfriend is Bisexual, so of course I am.
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#209 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
[QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"][QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"]

so we all should follow the status quo how boring would be? XD4NTESINF3RNOX

If we all followed the status quo, the concept of slavery never would have existed.
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

There is no way to prove this, but i'm almost sure if you raise a child in a all-gay community were homosexuality is seen as the stat quo, there is a higher chance they'll be gay in the future. Humans are programmed by the pack. So even though there will still be straight people around, children will be raised with the mentality that "when I grow up I'm either going to like a man or a woman" instead of "I'll like a man/woman". You can argue it's their choice but they have already been influenced subconsciously.Ace_WondersX

For this to even matter, you still have to act under assumption that homosexuality is bad. To any enlightened person, it should be a matter of total indifference.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Teenaged

Ace_WondersX

That's a good example. A couple of people defied the stat quo, which convinced more people to defy the stat quo. Until those defying it were the stat quo. I'm not saying eventually almost everybody will be gay but being around someone who defies the stat quo is more like to make you defy it too.

But you have a huge misconception here and maybe you have made up your mind already about it and wont change your mind.

Sexuality - and consequently both heterosexuality and homosexuality - is not a conscious decision, not even a conscious state of mind.

The chance of someone defying norms because others defy them is merely showing that the predesposition is already there and its just that now it finds a way to be expressed.

Had that person not had any people around him to defy norms, that predesposition would still be there but it would just be suppressed. That person would still be gay but not aware of it, or suppressing it by lying to himself/herself.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Johnny-n-Roger

If we all followed the status quo, the concept of slavery never would have existed.

The only status quo animals run by is survival of the fitest.. So slavery would be a direct relation to it.. That the strongest decide what they want to do..

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Johnny-n-Roger
My girlfriend is Bisexual, so of course I am.Morning_Revival
Bisexuallity is complete BS.
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Ace_WondersX

[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]Being exposed to the idea that homosexuality is not wrong will not make you gay.

Teenaged

There is no way to prove this, but i'm almost sure if you raise a child in a all-gay community were homosexuality is seen as the stat quo, there is a higher chance they'll be gay in the future. Humans are programmed by the pack. So even though there will still be straight people around, children will be raised with the mentality that "when I grow up I'm either going to like a man or a woman" instead of "I'll like a man/woman". You can argue it's their choice but they have already been influenced subconsciously.

The only thing I could say is that this person is more likely to experiment and be open with his/her sexuality not necessarily that he/she will become gay.

Besides a huge FACT that shed a LOT of doubt on what you say is the very fact that the vast majority of gay people grew into a homophobic environment or at least in an environent where no homosexual role-models where at play.

Majority of the cultures of the world are anti-gay so I'm not suprised by that stat. I'm saying that someone who grows up in the Middle-East/Africa/Asia, places where homosexuality are looked down on are less likely to end up gay then someone in Greece or the Netherlands where homosexuality is accepted.
Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
Yes I do...the only people I'm NOT tolerent of is bigots:P
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]My girlfriend is Bisexual, so of course I am.Johnny-n-Roger

.... How so...
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]My girlfriend is Bisexual, so of course I am.Johnny-n-Roger

why?
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Teenaged

Oh and I am finally glad that the non-existent issue of the harmful side-effects is out of the way. >_>

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

meh whatever floats your boat, as long as they arent floatin your boat too close to me if you catch my drift

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"] There is no way to prove this, but i'm almost sure if you raise a child in a all-gay community were homosexuality is seen as the stat quo, there is a higher chance they'll be gay in the future. Humans are programmed by the pack. So even though there will still be straight people around, children will be raised with the mentality that "when I grow up I'm either going to like a man or a woman" instead of "I'll like a man/woman". You can argue it's their choice but they have already been influenced subconsciously.Ace_WondersX

Majority of the cultures of the world are anti-gay so I'm not suprised by that stat. I'm saying that someone who grows up in the Middle-East/Africa/Asia, places where homosexuality are looked down on are less likely to end up gay then someone in Greece or the Netherlands where homosexuality is accepted.

Read my other post and you will see why this is not true.

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Ace_WondersX

[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"][QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"] not trying to sound racists or anything but if we followed the status quo we would still have slaves and there would have been no civil war.. Teenaged

But you have a huge misconception here and maybe you have made up your mind already about it and wont change your mind.

Sexuality - and consequently both heterosexuality and homosexuality - is not a conscious decision, not even a conscious state of mind.

The chance of someone defying norms because others defy them is merely showing that the predesposition is already there and its just that now it finds a way to be expressed.

Had that person not had any people around him to defy norms, that predesposition would still be there but it would just be suppressed. That person would still be gay but not aware of it, or suppressing it by lying to himself/herself.

I believe that it's a subconscious decision and subconscious decisions can be influenced by your environment.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts

I tend to agree with the kinsey scale, which states that no one is 100% gay or straight. that means, everyone is at some percentage bisexual, which means it is not BS
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Johnny-n-Roger

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"][QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"] not trying to sound racists or anything but if we followed the status quo we would still have slaves and there would have been no civil war.. sSubZerOo

The only status quo animals run by is survival of the fitest.. So slavery would be a direct relation to it.. That the strongest decide what they want to do..

We could make theories based on hypethetical situations all day :P I just hate non-conformists, or rather those who don't conform to what they feel is considered "normal" simply because they want to be different. They want the attention. They want to feel special. I hate these types of people. I mean, it's OK to be different, but forcing yourself to do something because you simply want to "refuse to conform" is just asinine.
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Ace_WondersX

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"][QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"] not trying to sound racists or anything but if we followed the status quo we would still have slaves and there would have been no civil war.. sSubZerOo

Social animals follow social stat quos.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"] That's a good example. A couple of people defied the stat quo, which convinced more people to defy the stat quo. Until those defying it were the stat quo. I'm not saying eventually almost everybody will be gay but being around someone who defies the stat quo is more like to make you defy it too.Ace_WondersX

I believe that it's a subconscious decision and subconscious decisions can be influenced by your environment.

No. Sexuality is a subcoscious urge. The decision is on that urge. An urge cannot be altered by what is the norm. The layers of consciousness above the subliminary urge though can be, but not the urge itself.

And with that I will go to bed. :P

Good night.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Johnny-n-Roger
[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

That's a good example. A couple of people defied the stat quo, which convinced more people to defy the stat quo. Until those defying it were the stat quo. I'm not saying eventually almost everybody will be gay but being around someone who defies the stat quo is more like to make you defy it too.Ace_WondersX

I beleive it's an environmental trait picked up during an infantile state. Maybe the way your mother handles you, or the way you're fed. I've asked a couple gay guys when they realized they were gay and attested that they realized they were gay before they even hit puberty.
12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

i'm a guy, and i only accept gay girls, who i treat like i would guys. gay guys i can't accept because i feel like i have to treat them like a fat, annoying, and mean girl, i don't want to go out with them. gay girls can be treated like guys, because we're the opposite sex, so neither of us particularly likes the other besides a friend, and if they turn straight, hellyeah. and i'm sure girls can accept gay guys but not gay girls.

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

Majority of the cultures of the world are anti-gay so I'm not suprised by that stat. I'm saying that someone who grows up in the Middle-East/Africa/Asia, places where homosexuality are looked down on are less likely to end up gay then someone in Greece or the Netherlands where homosexuality is accepted.Ace_WondersX

How can you say for sure that there are less gay people in Africa/the Middle-East/Asia? It's pretty damn obvious that less people are likely to declare themselves gay if they have been taught that it is a cultural taboo to be deeply ashamed of. The risk of incarceration doesn't help either.

xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 xxxAdvocatexxx
Member since 2008 • 1797 Posts

i'm a guy, and i only accept gay girls, who i treat like i would guys. gay guys i can't accept because i feel like i have to treat them like a fat, annoying, and mean girl, i don't want to go out with them. gay girls can be treated like guys, because we're the opposite sex, so neither of us particularly likes the other besides a friend, and if they turn straight, hellyeah. and i'm sure girls can accept gay guys but not gay girls.

12345678ew

what a minute you only like homosexuals if they are the opposite sex? Only in your world does your logic make since.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Ring_of_fire

[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"] Majority of the cultures of the world are anti-gay so I'm not suprised by that stat. I'm saying that someone who grows up in the Middle-East/Africa/Asia, places where homosexuality are looked down on are less likely to end up gay then someone in Greece or the Netherlands where homosexuality is accepted.Menalque2

How can you say for sure that there are less gay people in Africa/the Middle-East/Asia? It's pretty damn obvious that less people are likely to declare themselves gay if they have been taught that it is a cultural taboo to be deeply ashamed of. The risk of incarceration doesn't help either.

not to mention getting the death penalty for being gay
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Ace_WondersX

[QUOTE="Ace_WondersX"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]But you have a huge misconception here and maybe you have made up your mind already about it and wont change your mind.

Teenaged

No. Sexuality is a subcoscious urge. The decision is on that urge. An urge cannot be altered by what is the norm. The layers of consciousness above the subliminary urge though can be, but not the urge itself.

You can't say that the human brain can't make a decision subconsciously due to environment or experience, because you can't prove it.

Cantius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#232 Cantius
Member since 2004 • 3894 Posts
Yes, of course I accept them, but if one of them tries to get it on with me, I would punch them in the face.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Ring_of_fire

12345678ew
I'm sure you know that just because someone is gay it doesn't mean they are attracted to you.
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Johnny-n-Roger
Yes, of course I accept them, but if one of them tries to get it on with me, I would punch them in the face.Cantius
What are you doing later tonight?
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#235 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Of course. I have no problem with anyone who doesn't bother or harm me or my family.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts

And why is that?
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#237 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"][QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]My girlfriend is Bisexual, so of course I am.Morning_Revival

And why is that?

Ive also wondered why is that BS aswell..
Siofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Siofen
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts

No! I shun them into the fires. :x

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"][QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]My girlfriend is Bisexual, so of course I am.Morning_Revival

And why is that?

If I understand this correctly, a good deal of people believe people who claim to be bisexual are saying it to fit in or are saying it to avoid having to accept that their just gay I'm not sure if that's the point that the other poster was trying to make, though.

Avatar image for UnrighteousFury
UnrighteousFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 UnrighteousFury
Member since 2008 • 2764 Posts

[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"][QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] Bisexuallity is complete BS.Dark_Knight6

And why is that?

If I understand this correctly, a good deal of people believe people who claim to be bisexual are saying it to fit in or are saying it to avoid having to accept that their just gay I'm not sure if that's the point that the other poster was trying to make, though.

Ah, I figured he was going the "bisexual people are just horny bastards who don't discriminate" route.:P

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#241 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"][QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] Bisexuallity is complete BS.Dark_Knight6

And why is that?

That is true to an extent.

There's tons of false Bisexuality within Females of ages 13-18

But I doubt bisexuality is complete BS, if people can be attracted to the same or opposite sex then it should be possible to be attracted to both.

The_New_Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 The_New_Homer
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts
yeah
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Johnny-n-Roger
[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

And why is that?Morning_Revival

But I doubt bisexuality is complete BS, if people can be attracted to the same or opposite sex then it should be possible to be attracted to both.

When I went to parties in highschool it wasn't uncommon for girls to make out with eachother including my own girlfriend. I never understood it.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Ring_of_fire
[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"][QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

When I went to parties in highschool it wasn't uncommon for girls to make out with eachother including my own girlfriend. I never understood it.

that's not being bisexual. That's just a call for attention.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I have as many problems with people being gay as I do with people being left handed.
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#246 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

Of course I accept homosexuals.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#247 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
The real ones at least.
12Bullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 12Bullets
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts
i accept that they exist but they shouldnt be allowed to adopt or marry
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#249 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

i accept that they exist but they shouldnt be allowed to adopt or marry12Bullets
>_> My friend has two fathers and he's perfectly fine. :|

Why shouldn't they be aloud to adopt?

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#250 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

i accept that they exist but they shouldnt be allowed to adopt or marry12Bullets

Why not?