Answers About 9/11 That Conspiracy Theorists Don't Want to Hear

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#351 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

I couldn't back up my claims? Do you even understand what credibility means in regards to news media?

ThePlothole

It certainly doesn't mean that if you don't like the NAME of a website, you ignore it.

You can't just say a website isn't credible when it doesn't benefit you.

Also, if you say something isn't credible, you have to back this up with at least SOME type of evidence.

A credible site tries to be unbiased. Or at least tries not to make their bias so apparent. That is the only reason I called out on the name.)

A credible site will attempt to verify its sources, and prove that it has if questioned.

A credible site has proven itself through years of journalistic integrity.

A credible site isn't going to be the only source. Others, including the mainstream media, would do everything in their power to get a scope of their own.

Well said.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
[QUOTE="3picuri3"]as are most rejections of conspiracies. ThePlothole

A "rejection" is more likely to be built on actual facts.

nah - there are equally ridiculous rejections which is likely why truthers continue their pursuit. usually a conspiracy thrives when the 'facts' are being disputed, so i think you're missing the point. again - not a truther. i just find most of the rejections just as ridiculous as the theories.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

It certainly doesn't mean that if you don't like the NAME of a website, you ignore it.

Also, if you say something isn't credible, you have to back this up with at least SOME type of evidence.

chessmaster1989

A credible site tries to be unbiased. Or at least tries not to make their bias so apparent. That is the only reason I called out on the name.)

A credible site will attempt to verify its sources, and prove that it has if questioned.

A credible site isn't going to be the only source. Others, including the mainstream media, would do everything in their power to get a scope of their own.

Well said.

Or, more simply: If a person has a history of saying stupid things, he will likely continue to say stupid things.
ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 ownage_denied
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Oh the irony...-Sun_Tzu-

I don't see it :?.

Person A ask for a source. Person B provides source. Person A says but I don't like the name of this source so we can't use it.

Where's the irony in that?

Well, considering the fact that you are attempting to construct an argument for why the idea that the government was behind 9/11 is somehow plausible; an argument which requires you to denounce the credibility of an overwhelming amount of evidence that says to the contrary.

Actually, I don't believe any of the 9/11 conspiracy theories :D. I was trying to construct an argument either. Someone asked for a source, so I used google to find one. I'm just saying that you can't say the site isn't credible without backing up your claims.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 chessmaster1989
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

Person A ask for a source. Person B provides source. Person A says but I don't like the name of this source so we can't use it.

ownage_denied

Well, considering the fact that you are attempting to construct an argument for why the idea that the government was behind 9/11 is somehow plausible; an argument which requires you to denounce the credibility of an overwhelming amount of evidence that says to the contrary.

Actually, I don't believe any of the 9/11 conspiracy theories :D. I was trying to construct an argument either. Someone asked for a source, so I used google to find one. I'm just saying that you can't say the site isn't credible without backing up your claims.

I am not pleased :evil:

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

:lol: No, you just chose to ignore me. I told you I do not trust sources that are blatantly and obviously biased. I think you'll find that true of many people.

chessmaster1989

What part of you have to back up this claim did you miss?

Link me back to the site?

Here's the link.

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Well, considering the fact that you are attempting to construct an argument for why the idea that the government was behind 9/11 is somehow plausible; an argument which requires you to denounce the credibility of an overwhelming amount of evidence that says to the contrary. chessmaster1989

:lol: Sorry to disappoint.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

ownage_denied

Great... now who am I supposed Flambé for these poor orphans?

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 chessmaster1989
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

ownage_denied

I spent time trying to convince you that that site was not credible, and you did not even believe what was on it.

Like I said...

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

I couldn't back up my claims? Do you even understand what credibility means in regards to news media?

ThePlothole

This should be simple then. Can you prove that this site has done none of the above?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

ownage_denied

Regardless if you believe in conspiracy theories or not, you were trying to perpetuate them with the link that you provided. And you were constructing an argument to explore the idea that the government being behind 9/11 is plausible by providing said link.
ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

chessmaster1989

I spent time trying to convince you that that site was not credible, and you did not even believe what was on it.

Like I said...

This should make up for it :D.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

What part of you have to back up this claim did you miss?

ownage_denied

Link me back to the site?

Here's the link.

Not too familiar with that source... Not the same sort of infamy as AE911Truth...
ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Well, considering the fact that you are attempting to construct an argument for why the idea that the government was behind 9/11 is somehow plausible; an argument which requires you to denounce the credibility of an overwhelming amount of evidence that says to the contrary. -Sun_Tzu-

Regardless if you believe in conspiracy theories or not, you were trying to perpetuate them with the link that you provided. And you were constructing an argument to explore the idea that the government being behind 9/11 is plausible by providing said link.

No I wasn't :|. I simply provided a source and told them to disprove it.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 -Sun_Tzu-

ownage_denied

And by providing that source you were constructing an argument exploring what occurred on 9/11, more specifically the idea that the government was behind it. It is of course a very crude argument but an argument none the less.
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 chessmaster1989

ownage_denied

Like I said...

This should make up for it :D.

Send me a real pie, and it will :D.

No fair poisoning it, either ;)

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Regardless if you believe in conspiracy theories or not, you were trying to perpetuate them with the link that you provided. And you were constructing an argument to explore the idea that the government being behind 9/11 is plausible by providing said link.-Sun_Tzu-

And by providing that source you were constructing an argument exploring what occurred on 9/11, more specifically the idea that the government was behind it. It is of course a very crude argument but an argument none the less.

That's not what happened though.

Tjeremiah1988 said many he remembers watching the news and hearing many people say they heard an explosion before any plane hit the towers.

ThePlothole ask for a link to this and the names of the eye witnesses.

I googled what Tjeremiah1988 was talking about and found a link with the things ThePlothole was asking for.

I posted this link.

And the saga continues...

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#368 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

No. The government was behind the attacks on 9/11. I don't care how overwhelming your evidence is.LikeHaterade

NO, actually the gov't WANTS US to think they were behind it....... lol

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]No. The government was behind the attacks on 9/11. I don't care how overwhelming your evidence is.Talldude80

NO, actually the gov't WANTS US to think they were behind it....... lol

Been watching South Park ;)?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 -Sun_Tzu-

ownage_denied

Tjeremiah1988 said many he remembers watching the news and hearing many people say they heard an explosion before any plane hit the towers.

I googled what Tjeremiah1988 was talking about and found a link with the things ThePlothole was asking for.

I posted this link.

Ok? I know what what was said and who said it and that does not in anyway discredit my previous post. This, at least to me, seems like an extremely trivial debate.
ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] And by providing that source you were constructing an argument exploring what occurred on 9/11, more specifically the idea that the government was behind it. It is of course a very crude argument but an argument none the less. -Sun_Tzu-

I posted this link.

Ok? I know what what was said and who said it and that does not in anyway discredit my previous post. This, at least to me, seems like an extremely trivial debate.

I completely agree with this statement. I was just about to resort to yelling I"M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG as loud as possible 8).

hikari33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#372 hikari33
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts
Go watch the South park episode...its the only theory that makes sense