Answers About 9/11 That Conspiracy Theorists Don't Want to Hear

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]Why the government ignores the fact that a fire truck was rushing to WTC minutes before a plane hit because there were reports of a loud explosion coming from the basement and with many eye witnesses? Tjeremiah1988
yet no one has yet to answer this (yes im quoting myself). This has been swept under the giant rug.

That is very strange, and another thing which i still find a little odd was the decision to immediately bury the crash site at the pentagon in sand before any forensics were carried out.

EDIT: you have to be very careful when talking about this, as people tend to assume you're a conspiracy nutjob; i'm not. I dont think the government were behind it. I just find some aspects of what happened that day very interesting/strange. :)

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]Why the government ignores the fact that a fire truck was rushing to WTC minutes before a plane hit because there were reports of a loud explosion coming from the basement and with many eye witnesses? ThePlothole

And what are the names of these witnesses?

i dont know the names, does it matter? I remember that day and the LIVE coverage here in NYC with ch.7 interviewing people on the ground and remember many witnesses that were in the basement or near the area said there was a loud explosion in the basement minutes before the first plane hit. Also it was confirmed a firetruck was heading there before a plane hit. The subway right under was shockingly damaged (lots of damage)before the WTC fell. Not because a plane hit many floors up but because witnesses say there was a explosion.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] i dont know the names, does it matter? I remember that day and the LIVE coverage here in NYC with ch.7 interviewing people on the ground and remember many witnesses that were in the basement or near the area said there was a loud explosion in the basement minutes before the first plane hit. Also it was confirmed a firetruck was heading there before a plane hit. The subway right under was shockingly damaged (lots of damage)before the WTC fell. Not because a plane hit many floors up but because witnesses say there was a explosion.

If you watch zeitgeist (i know it's not a good movie, i know...) it at least shows you the news reporters outside the building talking about the huge explosion in the basement, they even say themselves "a bomb has just gone off in the basement." That doesn't mean it was a bomb of course, but it's very odd.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
not a truther, but meh - those aren't any of their more solid points anyways. in fact many of those points i've never heard before in my reading of troofer sites :)
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]Why the government ignores the fact that a fire truck was rushing to WTC minutes before a plane hit because there were reports of a loud explosion coming from the basement and with many eye witnesses? Tjeremiah1988

i dont know the names, does it matter? I remember that day and the LIVE coverage here in NYC with ch.7 interviewing people on the ground and remember many witnesses that were in the basement or near the area said there was a loud explosion in the basement minutes before the first plane hit. Also it was confirmed a firetruck was heading there before a plane hit. The subway right under was shockingly damaged (lots of damage)before the WTC fell. Not because a plane hit many floors up but because witnesses say there was a explosion.

Link? Oh, and names are quite important when you realize that most conspiracies are built up on exaggerations and misinformation.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

Link? Oh, and names are quite important when you realize that most conspiracies are built up on exaggerations and misinformation.

as are most rejections of conspiracies.
phillo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 phillo99
Member since 2005 • 2369 Posts
But, but, but, the internet told me it was a conspiracy!
michael582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 michael582
Member since 2003 • 1064 Posts
I still think it's weird that WTC7 just randomly went down.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ThePlothole
as are most rejections of conspiracies. 3picuri3

A "rejection" is more likely to be built on actual facts.

phillo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 phillo99

I still think it's weird that WTC7 just randomly went down.michael582

Did you read the OP?

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

I have no link. Im just going by what I heard and seen that day with LIVE coverage moments after the plane hit. Just wish I would of recorded but of course I thought nothing of it at the time. CBS2 aired a special a day or two after the attacks and was unedited which played a tape of someone calling in of a loud explosion at WTC at a earlier time way before the first plane hit.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
I still think it's weird that WTC7 just randomly went down.michael582
I don't find it to be weird, considering it was on fire and there were two enormous buildings collapsing right next to it. It wasn't just the fire that made the building collapse, it was also the structural damage caused by the debris from the collapsing twin towers.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

I don't find it to be weird, considering it was on fire and there were two enormous buildings collapsing right next to it. It wasn't just the fire that made the building collapse, it was also the structural damage caused by the debris from the collapsing twin towers. -Sun_Tzu-

I don't recall ever hearing about a fire ever destroying a steel skyscraper before and after 9/11. Debris from the twin towers along with fires being resposible for a symmetrical collapse of a steel-framed, 47-story building seems very unlikely. To me anyways.

Mind_Mover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mind_Mover
Member since 2005 • 1489 Posts

Good argument, however you failed to mention something, your last answer is true, al qaeda is heavily funded, you also know that they were funded with BILLIONS in the 80's by the US government?

Well, that alone, and i don't care what anyone thinks, that alone gives me enough reason to not trust these so called facts. The fact is, conspiracy therorists don't know the facts, the government does, so, if they can lie about things like the fake Iraq war, then why the hell would i place 100% trust in them? i'm not a fool., and i don't think that those who doubt are fools either, instead quite the opposite.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
Silverstein's "Pull it" refered to demolishing WTC7. It did not refer to firefighters.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="michael582"]I still think it's weird that WTC7 just randomly went down.-Sun_Tzu-
I don't find it to be weird, considering it was on fire and there were two enormous buildings collapsing right next to it. It wasn't just the fire that made the building collapse, it was also the structural damage caused by the debris from the collapsing twin towers.

Mandarin Oriental Hotel

World Trade Center 7 -

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I don't find it to be weird, considering it was on fire and there were two enormous buildings collapsing right next to it. It wasn't just the fire that made the building collapse, it was also the structural damage caused by the debris from the collapsing twin towers. LikeHaterade

I don't recall ever hearing about a fire ever destroying a steel skyscraper before and after 9/11. Debris from the twin towers along with fires being resposible for a symmetrical collapse of a steel-framed, 47-story building seems very unlikely. To me anyways.

Well the WTC 7 building had a unique structure. But don't take my word for it, take the research and investigation done by the NIST as evidence for what occurred.
Mind_Mover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Mind_Mover
Member since 2005 • 1489 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="michael582"]I still think it's weird that WTC7 just randomly went down.AHUGECAT

Mandarin Oriental Hotel

World Trade Center 7 -

DOH!
phillo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 phillo99

Crazy conspirators and their shenanigans...

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ThePlothole

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I don't find it to be weird, considering it was on fire and there were two enormous buildings collapsing right next to it. It wasn't just the fire that made the building collapse, it was also the structural damage caused by the debris from the collapsing twin towers. LikeHaterade

I don't recall a building ever being hit by a jetliner before. Or debris from such an incident raining down on nearby buildings.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 AHUGECAT

3.Question: Why was no plane wreckage found at the Pentagon?

Answer: There was plenty of wreckage found at the Pentagon. In addition to the wreckage, there are dozens of eyewitness accounts from people working in the Pentagon that day of a large airplane hitting the building.Theokhoth

There was no plane wreckage found at the Pentagon.

The pictures you show are not wreckage in the Pentagon. For example:

There is no proof that this image even came from the Pentagon. No source has ever been given.

McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]Why the government ignores the fact that a fire truck was rushing to WTC minutes before a plane hit because there were reports of a loud explosion coming from the basement and with many eye witnesses? Tjeremiah1988
yet no one has yet to answer this (yes im quoting myself). This has been swept under the giant rug.

Confirmation bias. ... That is just a made up lie. Nothing is being hidden or covered up, that is just a flat out lie. It never happened and someone just said it did with no proof. When I said confirmation bias I meant that you are just looking for information that supports your side of the "argument". It doesn't matter if what you read was proven or written by a random person, it agrees with what you believe, so you use this as some sort of source. The truth is terrorists were behind this. I am sad to say that no, the government did not kill thousands of their own so they could get more money for the country.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AHUGECAT

phillo99

I know! I can't believe people actually think that a few men with BOX CUTTERS were able to hijack 4 planes with well over 60 people (and many military people) and crash them into 3 major US buildings.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="michael582"]I still think it's weird that WTC7 just randomly went down.AHUGECAT

Mandarin Oriental Hotel

World Trade Center 7 -

Hmmm, isn't this odd. I don't see any similarities between the Mandarin Hotel and the WTC 7 building besides the fact that they are both on fire. I think there were other variables involved in the collapse of the WTC 7 building, but maybe that's just me talkin' my crazy talk.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I don't find it to be weird, considering it was on fire and there were two enormous buildings collapsing right next to it. It wasn't just the fire that made the building collapse, it was also the structural damage caused by the debris from the collapsing twin towers. -Sun_Tzu-

Well the WTC 7 building had a unique structure. But don't take my word for it, take the research and investigation done by the NIST as evidence for what occurred.

Sounds like they're really scratching their heads. I don't blame them considering the chances of their hypothesis being correct isn't very high. However, there was no physical evidence found on the scene to suggest a controlled demolition. Weird. I'm not trying to prove anything I'm just speculating. Thanks for the link.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ThePlothole

Also, why would the "government" choose to just make that random building collapse?

McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
[QUOTE="phillo99"]

AHUGECAT

I know! I can't believe people actually think that a few men with BOX CUTTERS were able to hijack 4 planes with well over 60 people (and many military people) and crash them into 3 major US buildings.

Nobody believes that. Majority of people believe that these extremely rich and large numbered terrorist orginizations are responsible, But of course it is more likely that the government killed thousands of their own so they could go to war.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I don't find it to be weird, considering it was on fire and there were two enormous buildings collapsing right next to it. It wasn't just the fire that made the building collapse, it was also the structural damage caused by the debris from the collapsing twin towers. -Sun_Tzu-

Hmmm, isn't this odd. I don't see any similarities between the Mandarin Hotel and the WTC 7 building besides the fact that they are both on fire. I think there were other variables involved in the collapse of the WTC 7 building, but maybe that's just me talkin' my crazy talk.

The WTC7 was barely on fire. Definitely not enough to make it collapse.

WTC7 was demolished and Larry Silverstein admitted it with this "Pull it" comment.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/pull

# To demolish; destroy: pull down an old office building.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/29/nyregion/29TOWE.html?ex=1154664000&en=b0974200c508f822&ei=5070

Falling debris also caused major structural damage to the building, which soon began burning on multiple floors, said Francis X. Gribbon, a spokesman for the Fire Department. By 11:30 a.m., the fire commander in charge of that area, Assistant Chief Frank Fellini, ordered firefighters away from it for safety reasons.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html?page=5&c=y

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. "There was no firefighting in WTC 7," Sunder says.

Not to mention Larry made it clear he meant "demolish" - "And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse." (PBS video)

So why did he?
"99-year lease for the twin towers just six weeks before the attack. "
http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2003/09/03/september11/whoswho571456_0_6_person.shtml

In April, the Port Authority granted a 99-year lease of the twin towers and four other buildings to Silverstein for an estimated $3.2 billion.
The deal -- which allowed Silverstein to manage the complex and collect rent -- was said by the Port Authority to be the most expensive real estate transaction in New York history.
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/12/victim.wtc.security/

Upon its completion, Silverstein Properties will have fulfilled its obligation to restore 10 million square feet of prime office space lost as a result of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
http://www.silversteinproperties.com/worldtrade.htm

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ownage_denied
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] i dont know the names, does it matter? I remember that day and the LIVE coverage here in NYC with ch.7 interviewing people on the ground and remember many witnesses that were in the basement or near the area said there was a loud explosion in the basement minutes before the first plane hit. Also it was confirmed a firetruck was heading there before a plane hit. The subway right under was shockingly damaged (lots of damage)before the WTC fell. Not because a plane hit many floors up but because witnesses say there was a explosion. Tjeremiah1988

I have no link. Im just going by what I heard and seen that day with LIVE coverage moments after the plane hit. Just wish I would of recorded but of course I thought nothing of it at the time. CBS2 aired a special a day or two after the attacks and was unedited which played a tape of someone calling in of a loud explosion at WTC at a earlier time way before the first plane hit.

Here's a link for you.

From the link:

William Rodriguez –WTC survivor. An American Building Maintenance employee for twenty years, responsible for inspection and maintenance at the World Trade Center, who held the master key for the stairs. He was the last person to leave the building on September 11 and has been credited with saving many lives. For his efforts, he received the National Hero Award from the Senate of Puerto Rico. Founder, Hispanic Victims Group.

• Article 6/24/05: Regarding an explosion in the sub-basement of the World Trade Center North Tower on 9/11, prior to any airplane impact. "When I heard the sound of the explosion, the floor beneath my feet vibrated, the walls started cracking and it everything started shaking," said Rodriguez, who was huddled together with at least 14 other people in the office. ... [Editor's note: At this point, Mr. Rodriguez was in sub-basement B1 of the North Tower, approximately 1,100 feet below the airplane's impact point at floors 93 to 98.]

"Seconds after the first massive explosion below in the basement still rattled the floor, I hear another explosion from way above," said Rodriguez. "Although I was unaware at the time, this was the airplane hitting the tower, it occurred moments after the first explosion."

But before Rodriguez had time to think, co-worker Felipe David stormed into the basement office with severe burns on his face and arms, screaming for help and yelling "explosion! explosion! explosion!"

David had been in front of a nearby freight elevator on sub-level 1 about 400 feet from the office when fire burst out of the elevator shaft, causing his injuries.

"He was burned terribly," said Rodriguez. "The skin was hanging off his hands and arms. His injuries couldn't have come from the airplane above, but only from a massive explosion below. I don't care what the government says, what scientists say. I saw a man burned terribly from a fire that was caused from an explosion below.

"I know there were explosives placed below the trade center. I helped a man to safety who is living proof, living proof the government story is a lie and a cover-up. ...

"I disagree 100%with the government story," said Rodriguez. "I met with the 9/11 Commission behind closed doors and they essentially discounted everything I said regarding the use of explosives to bring down the north tower.

"And I contacted NIST previously four times without a response. Finally, this week I asked them before they came up with their conclusion that jet fuel brought down the towers, if they ever considered my statements or the statements of any of the other survivors who heard the explosions. They just stared at me with blank faces and didn't have any answers."

This is just one of the many witnesses from the link describing what you are referring to.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#81 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] i dont know the names, does it matter? I remember that day and the LIVE coverage here in NYC with ch.7 interviewing people on the ground and remember many witnesses that were in the basement or near the area said there was a loud explosion in the basement minutes before the first plane hit. Also it was confirmed a firetruck was heading there before a plane hit. The subway right under was shockingly damaged (lots of damage)before the WTC fell. Not because a plane hit many floors up but because witnesses say there was a explosion. Tjeremiah1988

I have to back you on this,and I said news archives yesterday in one of these. While I do not live in new york, I am from massachusettes,and we get the daily news and post,and i remember coverage in the papers of the things you are talking about. While the info may have been inacurate,you are not wrong about it being reported in the first place.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

The WTC7 was barely on fire. Definitely not enough to make it collapse.

WTC7 was demolished and Larry Silverstein admitted it with this "Pull it" comment.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/pull

# To demolish; destroy: pull down an old office building.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/29/nyregion/29TOWE.html?ex=1154664000&en=b0974200c508f822&ei=5070

Falling debris also caused major structural damage to the building, which soon began burning on multiple floors, said Francis X. Gribbon, a spokesman for the Fire Department. By 11:30 a.m., the fire commander in charge of that area, Assistant Chief Frank Fellini, ordered firefighters away from it for safety reasons.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html?page=5&c=y

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. "There was no firefighting in WTC 7," Sunder says.

Not to mention Larry made it clear he meant "demolish" - "And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse." (PBS video)

So why did he?
"99-year lease for the twin towers just six weeks before the attack. "
http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2003/09/03/september11/whoswho571456_0_6_person.shtml

In April, the Port Authority granted a 99-year lease of the twin towers and four other buildings to Silverstein for an estimated $3.2 billion.
The deal -- which allowed Silverstein to manage the complex and collect rent -- was said by the Port Authority to be the most expensive real estate transaction in New York history.
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/12/victim.wtc.security/

Upon its completion, Silverstein Properties will have fulfilled its obligation to restore 10 million square feet of prime office space lost as a result of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
http://www.silversteinproperties.com/worldtrade.htm

I still don't see any evidence of a controlled demolition.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

And I don't see evidence that it wasn't. In fact, everything of the WTC7 reeks of controlled demolition.

And you have the fact that a plane did not hit the Pentagon.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ThePlothole
http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.htmlownage_denied

I meant a link to a creditable news source.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.htmlThePlothole

And what's your idea of credible sir?

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ThePlothole
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="ownage_denied"]http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.htmlAHUGECAT

For starters, a site that doesn't have such an an obvious bias in their very name!

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#87 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="ownage_denied"]http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.htmlAHUGECAT

I'm not at all surprised that you believe the conspiracies, AHUGECAT.

Oh, and a credible source should not be blatantly and clearly biased.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

ThePlothole

For starters, a site that doesn't have such an an obvious bias in their very name!

Mainstream media is more biased than that website.

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.htmlThePlothole

What does the credibility of the website have to do with anything? Are you saying a website has to be credible in order to show REAL eye witness accounts? Are you saying these stories are fabricated?

Also, even though I'm not sure if the website is credible or not, do you have any proof to back up your claim that it isn't?

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 chessmaster1989
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Answer: There was plenty of wreckage found at the Pentagon. In addition to the wreckage, there are dozens of eyewitness accounts from people working in the Pentagon that day of a large airplane hitting the building.AHUGECAT

There is no proof that this image even came from the Pentagon. No source has ever been given.

Can you prove that it did not?

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 chessmaster1989
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="ownage_denied"]http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.htmlownage_denied

What does the credibility of the website have to do with anything? Are you saying a website has to be credible in order to show REAL eye witness accounts? Are you saying these stories are fabricated?

Also, even though I'm not sure if the website is credible or not, do you have any proof to back up your claim that it isn't?

Well, the fact that it is clearly biased calls its credibility into question.

In general, it's a good idea not to trust information presented by such a biased source.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ThePlothole
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="ownage_denied"]http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.htmlownage_denied

Have you heard the story about the lady who pretended to be a tower survivor? For several years she had everyone convinced. Even politicians. Until the mainstream media did some digging, and discovered that she wasn't even in New York that day!

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Answer: There was plenty of wreckage found at the Pentagon. In addition to the wreckage, there are dozens of eyewitness accounts from people working in the Pentagon that day of a large airplane hitting the building.chessmaster1989

Can you prove that it did not?

How can I prove it's not? Simple fact is no one has given a source to the picture.

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

chessmaster1989

Well, the fact that it is clearly biased calls its credibility into question. Link?

In general, it's a good idea not to trust information presented by such a biased source.

So you're saying even if a biased site has factual information that hasn't been disproved, we should just close our eyes and act like we didn't see it :roll:.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AHUGECAT

ThePlothole

Have you heard the story about the lady who pretended to be a tower survivor? For several years she had everyone convinced. Even politicians. Until the mainstream media did some digging, and discovered that she wasn't even in New York that day!

This automatically means every eyewitness is a liar, right?

Did you hear about the Holocaust survivor that lied about his story? He even had a book deal with Oprah and movie deals. See what I am saying?

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 chessmaster1989
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

ownage_denied

Well, the fact that it is clearly biased calls its credibility into question. Link?

So you're saying even if a biased site has factual information that hasn't been disproved, we should just close our eyes and act like we didn't see it :roll:.

No, I'm saying find me a reliable source with that information, and I will be more inclined to believe it.

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ownage_denied

ThePlothole

Okay :?. These eye witness accounts haven't been disproved... have they?

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

chessmaster1989

No, I'm saying find me a reliable source with that information, and I will be more inclined to believe it.

You have yet to define what a credible source is.

Basically you want to pick and choose what suits you best. If it agrees with you, it's credible. If it does not, it is not credible.

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ownage_denied
[QUOTE="ownage_denied"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

chessmaster1989

And I'm saying why should I have to find another source when the information from the source I've all ready provided can't be disproved.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ThePlothole

This automatically means every eyewitness is a liar, right?

Did you hear about the Holocaust survivor that lied about his story? He even had a book deal with Oprah and movie deals. See what I am saying?

AHUGECAT

No. But what it means is that people can lie. And not only that, but they often exaggerate the situation to make their stories seem even more incredible. However the one problem is that ultimately their stories don't hold up. And that is why the mainstream media, who despite their own biases, at least tries to verify the stories. Sites like this don't. Conspiracy theorist don't care about facts. They only want to hear things that fit into what they believe. They're not all that different from say a "Biblical Scientists".