A huge flaw in christianity....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarthRoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 DarthRoel
Member since 2010 • 1058 Posts
uhh osama was a muslim exstremist, so I'm pretty sure he knew about 'god'
xfxfxfanatikx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 xfxfxfanatikx
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

Rattlesnake_8

He believes in the same God that Christians do. The main differences are the rituals that each group performs. Most religions believe in "one" god, or higher being. It's the same God.

FYI

Just because a doctrine/belief system states God is ONE does not make their concept of God the same as the Islamic concept of God.

There is a lot more to it.

But concerning Judaism and Christianity it's a whole new story which I do not wish to "hi-jack" this thread for.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#153 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

[QUOTE="lowkey254"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Scary part is that I think he is serious.

tenaka2

Very.

I would try and give a response to that but I fear your horse is so high you can hardly see your screen nevermind making out the text.

How do I have a high horse? I'm not looking down at you in any way. I've never made the claim to be better or worse. You on the other hand are looking/talking down at me claiming that my horse is high.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#154 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It depends what denomination. Denominations like Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, and many Lutherans teach that God is merciful and those in ignorance can gain eternal life. Although it's totally up to God. We can't say who does and doesn't goes to hell. We have to trust in the Lord's mercy and goodness. Is it possible Osama is in heaven, it all depends on the internal state of his soul and God's judgement. Anything is possible for God.

Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

It depends what denomination. Denominations like Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, and many Lutherans teach that God is merciful and those in ignorance can gain eternal life. Although it's totally up to God. We can't say who does and doesn't goes to hell. We have to trust in the Lord's mercy and goodness. Is it possible Osama is in heaven, it all depends on the internal state of his soul and God's judgement. Anything is possible for God.

ferrari2001

If heaven were filled only with people who 'deserve' to be there, it would be empty.

It takes God's grace.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Hell doesn't await me... I await hell. With open arms. In fact, I'd love for god to strike me down right now. I'll be waiting.

I'm still standing. :)
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]

YellowOneKinobi

If heaven were filled only with people who 'deserve' to be there, it would be empty.

It takes God's grace.

Exactly, and we as Christians are able to participate in the grace God pours out upon us. Whether we are ignorant of it or not doesn't change the fact we are still able to be participants in his grace. By saying only believers will enter heaven is like saying God is not powerful enough to save those who he wishes to save. Does everyone go to heaven, absolutely not, but those who are genuinely virtuous do, or at least I hope so.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Hell doesn't await me... I await hell. With open arms. In fact, I'd love for god to strike me down right now. I'll be waiting. Messiahbolical-

Doesn't prove anything, they have internet everywhere these days even in hell, does it run over firewire down there?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Hell doesn't await me... I await hell. With open arms. In fact, I'd love for god to strike me down right now. I'll be waiting. tenaka2

Doesn't prove anything, they have internet everywhere these days even in hell, does it run over firewire down there?

lol, in hell they make you use dial-up.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Hell doesn't await me... I await hell. With open arms. In fact, I'd love for god to strike me down right now. I'll be waiting. tenaka2

lol It at least proves that if god exists, he doesn't have enough balls to make my wish come true and strike me down where I am. If he could prove himself to me, then I'd follow him. But I'll never follow anyone who wont even show his face to me. I figure if I'm going to base my whole life on him, I AT LEAST deserve 5 measly minutes of his time... right? If he can't even give me that, then he's not worth my time.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#161 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]

YellowOneKinobi

It takes God's grace.

Exactly. /topic
whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"][QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

xfxfxfanatikx

He believes in the same God that Christians do. The main differences are the rituals that each group performs. Most religions believe in "one" god, or higher being. It's the same God.

FYI

Just because a doctrine/belief system states God is ONE does not make their concept of God the same as the Islamic concept of God.

There is a lot more to it.

But concerning Judaism and Christianity it's a whole new story which I do not wish to "hi-jack" this thread for.

Islam and Judaism are very similair. They both believe in ONE God and the same God. They both believe in the prophets of the Old Testament, The 10 commandments and so forth. Only big difference is that Islam believes that Jesus is the messiah and Muhammad is a prophet, While Judaism does not believe in either person.

eyko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 eyko
Member since 2004 • 233 Posts

The biggest flaw in Christianity? The Bible was written by man! We lie, cheat, deceive and are incredibly fallible. It's why I've never understood people who follow the Bible as gospel.

People who believe in the God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell, etc... I have no issues with. But that everything written down is the exact word of God?

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

One of the things I have questioned is this...

In Christianity, it's a sin to lust, or have sex outside of marriage, or masturbate or anything like that. Ok, but then why did God give us gigantic penises and make us horny all the time? God made my body tell me one thing, yet the bible speaks another.

I understand that it would be morally right to love somebody before having sex, but is marriage required? Wouldn't love be enough? Does one HAVE to go through the human invention of "marriage" and get another human being to say that you are married before it is official? If you don't get married and have sex, you go to hell?

Doesn't make sense.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

In Christianity, it's a sin to lust, or have sex outside of marriage, or masturbate or anything like that. Ok, but then why did God give us gigantic penises and make us horny all the time? God made my body tell me one thing, yet the bible speaks another.

BMD004

Read: Adam and Eve.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

Victorious_Fize

That story also says Adam lived for like 1,000 years. So let me get this straight... God created a world where he made many trees, and 1 "bad" tree. He created Adam and Eve. He created a serpent. The serpent tempts them, the humans were conned into eating the fruit, and then God gets pissed and punishes them? These are the reasons why the Old Testament makes no sense.
eyko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 eyko
Member since 2004 • 233 Posts

[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

BMD004

That story also says Adam lived for like 1,000 years. So let me get this straight... God created a world where he made many trees, and 1 "bad" tree. He created Adam and Eve. He created a serpent. The serpent tempts them, the humans were conned into eating the fruit, and then God gets pissed and punishes them? These are the reasons why the Old Testament makes no sense.

Were Adam and Eve married?

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

BMD004

Wow...

Okay, since you failed to see my point, I'll blatantly say it. It's temptation, a test, humans bear free will. Understand now?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

BMD004

It's a mythical story meant to tell a theological reality. It is not meant to be taken as a literal play by play historical tale. But to answer your original question, we were giving gigantic penises in order to "be fruitful and multiply" without such physical body parts we would be incapable of doing so. Also, Christians don't believe marriage is a man made union, rather it was given to humanity by God through revelation. That is why sex outside of marriage in Christianity is wrong, well on top of other reasons relating to Christian beliefs and very high respect for human dignity.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.Hammstray

Although I'm a Catholic, I can't say I believe this...

The Bible says something along the lines of, Those who Know the instructions and do not do will recieve a greater punishment than those that don't know and don' do...

Those that do without knowing will be rewarded greater aswelll...

So your'e saying that you have to be a christian to go to heaven???

No way man...

Thats harsh; Jesus came to all people, and not just to save those that know him.

Yes, we don't want the world to go to hell, and we do missionary work to bring them to the true faith, but If you live out Gods message, even in another religion, why can't you go to heaven, hmm?

You can't go to heaven because there is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus, he even said it "Jesus said, 'I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father, except through me'" John 14:6 You can do whatever you want, but if you don't accept Jesus to be your savior, you aren't going to be saved. This makes God sad, he wants everyone to come to heaven. That is why churches go on lots of missions trips and their are many missionaries, so they can spread the word so everyone who chooses to believe will be saved.

god can't want, and he can't be sad because then he woudln't be perfect

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 needled24-7

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]

Victorious_Fize

Wow...

Okay, since you failed to see my point, I'll blatantly say it. It's temptation, a test, humans bear free will. Understand now?

if we have free will, but god knows all, then he knows what decisions we will make before we make them, which isn't free will at all.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="BMD004"]That story also says Adam lived for like 1,000 years. So let me get this straight... God created a world where he made many trees, and 1 "bad" tree. He created Adam and Eve. He created a serpent. The serpent tempts them, the humans were conned into eating the fruit, and then God gets pissed and punishes them? These are the reasons why the Old Testament makes no sense.needled24-7

Wow...

if we have free will, but god knows all, then he knows what decisions we will make before we make them, which isn't free will at all.

If I hold a ball up and drop it, people watching know the ball is going to hit the ground. Their knowing does not in any way effect the balls motion of hitting the ground.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

How is that a flaw? And do you seriously know every religion to say "in every religion"?

Victorious_Fize

A FLAW is a flaw..I stand by what I said...AND yes...EVERY RELIGION has its god and its beliefs..Thats kind of how it works..Dont pick apart things...just take it as a whole.

What? :lol:

1- "A FLAW is a flaw". That reply makes zero sense. I asked, how is a religion convicting its non-believers to hell being a flaw?

2- You said: "the flaw in christianity is the same flaw in every religion..If you dont believe in their way you are doomed". That has no relation to God. You lumped all religions to the heaven and hell basket, and more so, said they all doom you to hell for not adhering.

Didnt say you have to agree with me..I have my way of thinking you have yours...its like and no big deal. The only time it becomes a big deal is when someone tries to force something on me when I feel different. Otherwise....move on....Just the way I feel about it.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

Wow...

ferrari2001

If I hold a ball up and drop it, people watching know the ball is going to hit the ground. Their knowing does not in any way effect the balls motion of hitting the ground.

but there's only 1 option that can happen, and that is the ball hitting the ground due to gravity. if i am presented with a certain situation, for example let's say i have an opportunity to have sex with this girl that i barely know, i can choose to either go through with it, tell her no, and maybe a few other options. but if someone holds a ball and drops it, the ONLY thing that can happen is the ball falls to the ground.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 BMD004

Victorious_Fize

Wow...

I know, but that is kind of like torture, is it not? God creates humans, and humans who didn't ask to be created are now told to ignore certain feelings that God created you to have, and do the opposite instead... and if you don't do the opposite of what your body is telling you, then you will burn in hell FOREVER. Wow, God... thanks for creating me... sounds like a fun time.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="needled24-7"]if we have free will, but god knows all, then he knows what decisions we will make before we make them, which isn't free will at all.

needled24-7

but there's only 1 option that can happen, and that is the ball hitting the ground due to gravity. if i am presented with a certain situation, for example let's say i have an opportunity to have sex with this girl that i barely know, i can choose to either go through with it, tell her no, and maybe a few other options. but if someone holds a ball and drops it, the ONLY thing that can happen is the ball falls to the ground.

Still knowing what is going to happen doesn't imply that, knowing in any way effects your decision. Foreknowledge does not imply forcing of will. You are still free to choose either scenario, God may know what you are going to choose but your decision is still free because you have not been influence by God to perform a specific action. God lives in what's called an eternal now, watching all events unfold simultaneously. Event A happens at the same time as event B even though they occur 100 years apart. It's true you actions will not be different than what God sees is going to happen, but your still able to freely form your own opinion and act because God allows you to act freely. Even when you act against God, he allows it, which if all things were determined he would not allow to happen.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 needled24-7

[QUOTE="BMD004"]That story also says Adam lived for like 1,000 years. So let me get this straight... God created a world where he made many trees, and 1 "bad" tree. He created Adam and Eve. He created a serpent. The serpent tempts them, the humans were conned into eating the fruit, and then God gets pissed and punishes them? These are the reasons why the Old Testament makes no sense.BMD004

Wow...

I know, but that is kind of like torture, is it not? God creates humans, and humans who didn't ask to be created are now told to ignore certain feelings that God created you to have, and do the opposite instead... and if you don't do the opposite of what your body is telling you, then you will burn in hell FOREVER. Wow, God... thanks for creating me... sounds like a fun time.

that's kinda the way i feel. like, we don't have to listen to him, but if we don't then we're f***ed.

which is why i think christianity is not correct.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tenaka2

[QUOTE="BMD004"]That story also says Adam lived for like 1,000 years. So let me get this straight... God created a world where he made many trees, and 1 "bad" tree. He created Adam and Eve. He created a serpent. The serpent tempts them, the humans were conned into eating the fruit, and then God gets pissed and punishes them? These are the reasons why the Old Testament makes no sense.BMD004

Wow...

The christian religion is all about suffering and ignoring your natural urges. But if your good and live a life without any pleasure you shall get rewarded in the afterlife.

Considering there is no evidence for an afterlife I would prefer to enjoy my life rather then take a chance.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"] If I hold a ball up and drop it, people watching know the ball is going to hit the ground. Their knowing does not in any way effect the balls motion of hitting the ground. ferrari2001

Still knowing what is going to happen doesn't imply that, knowing in any way effects your decision. Foreknowledge does not imply forcing of will. You are still free to choose either scenario, God may know what you are going to choose but your decision is still free because you have not been influence by God to perform a specific action. God lives in what's called an eternal now, watching all events unfold simultaneously. Event A happens at the same time as event B even though they occur 100 years apart. It's true you actions will not be different than what God sees is going to happen, but your still able to freely form your own opinion and act because God allows you to act freely. Even when you act against God, he allows it, which if all things were determined he would not allow to happen.

i guess that makes sense, if you believe in christianity. i can see how a christian would believe that, but it sounds like BS to anyone that isn't. not trying to sound rude, just saying.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#180 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.mindstorm
Isn't that a bit flawed? According to christianity those who never got a fair chance to accept jesus will not go to hell or heaven, since it would be unjust to judge them on something they never knew. Therefore the more people you tell of Jesus is the more people that might go to hell. Thanks christians for damning us all

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 BMD004

Wow...

tenaka2

The christian religion is all about suffering and ignoring your natural urges. But if your good and live a life without any pleasure you shall get rewarded in the afterlife.

Considering there is no evidence for an afterlife I would prefer to enjoy my life rather then take a chance.

I understand that. I'm Christian myself. But there are just some things that I can't logically comprehend. It just seems silly that something trivial like putting your penis inside of a vagina will mean that you will burn in hell for all eternity. But I can repent and be saved... but what if I'm not ACTUALLY sorry? I mean, it felt good, I like her, she likes me, so what is there to be sorry about? The only reason I'd be sorry is because religion TOLD me I'm SUPPOSED to be sorry. But in reality, what is there to be sorry about?
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Diablo-B
[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"] If I hold a ball up and drop it, people watching know the ball is going to hit the ground. Their knowing does not in any way effect the balls motion of hitting the ground. ferrari2001

So in other words God knew all the suffering and evil that mankind would have to endure even before it happened because he lives in an "eternal now" and he still did nothing to save us from it beforehand? Thats a pretty cruel god you believe in.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 BMD004

Another thing about sex before marriage... what if there was somebody who was a virgin, but not by choice. What if that person is a virgin just because he was a "loser"... but given the chance, he would have sex before marriage without thinking twice.

Does intent count? What if there was another guy who turned down sex time after time because he believed it was wrong until marriage. But then he finally cracked and did it. Who is more "morally right"? The guy who spent years turning it down for his religion, or the one who never did it, yet in his mind he would do it in in a heartbeat?

Is it the intent or is it the action?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 tenaka2

Another thing about sex before marriage... what if there was somebody who was a virgin, but not by choice. What if that person is a virgin just because he was a "loser"... but given the chance, he would have sex before marriage without thinking twice.

Does intent count? What if there was another guy who turned down sex time after time because he believed it was wrong until marriage. But then he finally cracked and did it. Who is more "morally right"? The guy who spent years turning it down for his religion, or the one who never did it, yet in his mind he would do it in in a heartbeat?

BMD004

I'm not religious by the way, I don't agree with the christian path in any form.

According to the bible lust itself is a sin regardless if you act on it or not.

Very simply its a control thing, the more you control people the more power the church gets, organised religion is about profit.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

BMD004

Not all Christians believe pre-marital sex is a unforgiveable sin or really a sin in general depending on who you talk to.. Its amusing the times that were EXTERMELY strict on such things, powerful men had numerous mistrisses.. Hell even some of the Popes historically have been found to have such relationships.. The way I see it there are far worse things to be guilty of than anything coming close to this imo.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Diablo-B

BMD004

It depends on which denomination you belong to. Some say its the action, some say its the intent and action. But you cant really judge someone on something they never did just cause it seems that they may have done it.

That intent stuff is put there mainly to make people feel more guilty

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Diablo-B

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

sSubZerOo

Not all Christians believe pre-marital sex is a unforgiveable sin or really a sin in general depending on who you talk to.. Its amusing the times that were EXTERMELY strict on such things, powerful men had numerous mistrisses.. Hell even some of the Popes historically have been found to have such relationships.. The way I see it there are far worse things to be guilty of than anything coming close to this imo.

Nope. According to the bible all sin is sin. So if you lie or take the lords name in vain your just as bad as Osama bin laden
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#188 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Why do I get the feeling that God is bipolar? To be all wise, all knowing, all, powerful, all loving, all kind etc and when someone dosn't believe him he automaticly goes to his bad side and sends them to hell. Does God have a bad temper? My idea is that the people of the different faiths don't want people of other faiths in their heavan so they make up a bunch of rules to get into their heavan but all the faiths guidelines end up contradicting eachother so in reality everyone would go to hell assuming all faiths are true.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

i can think of one other flaw that is even bigger...

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Rougehunter

PcGamingRig

What would that be?

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

Rougehunter

What would that be?

that there is not a spec of evidence and a certain someone is none existent.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

PcGamingRig

What would that be?

Certain someone?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#193 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.mindstorm
So why is it then that years ago Christians pushed Christanity onto millions of people and killed the people who oppsed? If they were so diehard Christians doesn't that make them sinners for killing others just because they chose not to "embrace" the great lordy lord?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#194 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

PcGamingRig

What would that be?

The biggest flaw is that there was no bible until 400 years after Jesus was walking around, you'd expect such a powerful and miraculous person to have been written about whilst he was alive you know like pretty much every other "real" celebrity.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 alexside1
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.JohnF111
So why is it then that years ago Christians pushed Christanity onto millions of people and killed the people who oppsed? If they were so diehard Christians doesn't that make them sinners for killing others just because they chose not to "embrace" the great lordy lord?

What point that your tying to make here?
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123

Lol Osama knew who god was. I find it funny that you think he didn't. I am sure he even mocked the Christian god.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Rougehunter

[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="mindstorm"]No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.alexside1

That people think their religion is the best thing to ever happen and they forced it down people's throats and killed anyone who rejected it.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 alexside1

[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="JohnF111"] So why is it then that years ago Christians pushed Christanity onto millions of people and killed the people who oppsed? If they were so diehard Christians doesn't that make them sinners for killing others just because they chose not to "embrace" the great lordy lord?Rougehunter

That people think their religion is the best thing to ever happen and they forced it down people's throats and killed anyone who rejected it.

Point?
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 ferrari2001
[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]What would that be?

JohnF111

The biggest flaw is that there was no bible until 400 years after Jesus was walking around, you'd expect such a powerful and miraculous person to have been written about whilst he was alive you know like pretty much every other "real" celebrity.

The bible was written around the time of Christ. In fact dozens if not hundreds of more letters and documents were written during the same time that obviously, because of size limitation, didn't make it into the canon of the bible. However it's absurd to think that Christ started a book, he started a religion and the early Christians didn't need some book to tell them their beliefs. Everything was taught through oral tradition, some of those traditions can be found in the bible others can not. Plus only his disciples would write about him, almost everyone else despised him because he called Himself God. It's not dumb to think the bible wasn't organized until the late 300's. To develop a cannon you need some sort of organized non-persecuted body that is able to sit down and formulate the canon. This was simply not possible until around the year 400.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Rougehunter

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="alexside1"] What point that your tying to make here?alexside1

Point?

Some people are so obsessed with their religion they want everyone to belive it no matter the cost.