A huge flaw in christianity....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mr_poodles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mr_poodles123
Member since 2009 • 1661 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
How do you know he was never taught about God?
mr_poodles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mr_poodles123
Member since 2009 • 1661 Posts
No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.mindstorm
So you are saying that all special needs people who can't even comprehend the idea of religion go to hell?
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
He's not on earth anymore, that's the good thing. Wherever he is now, I doubt he's terrorizing.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
He was taught about God by his religion. One that was inspired by Christianity and Judaism. And that "flaw" only holds if you assume that God uses only Christianity to deliver his message.
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.mr_poodles123
So you are saying that all special needs people who can't even comprehend the idea of religion go to hell?

Also, the millions and millions of people who aren't reached automatically go to hell to burn forever, no matter how saint-like they lived. To add insult to injury, god already knew this would happen, being omniscient and all.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
How do you know he was never taught about God? mrmusicman247
exactly lol, with all his holy war delusions and what not.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.mr_poodles123

That I never stated. The same goes for children who die. Their is a possibility that these will not be judged in the same way. However, it is very much possible for a young child and mentally disabled person to place his or her trust in Christ Jesus. It's not as complicated as you are making it out to be (e.g. your a sinner, need a savior, Jesus is that savior, and trust in him throughout your life). Also of note, those who have heard clearly heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ and have rejected it will possibly receive a more severe punishment than the person who has never heard. The text of Scripture clearly states that people such as myself who wish to teach these things will held accountable for far more than the person who has never heard. For those who are trusted with much, much is expected.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

mr_poodles123

:| what the f***?

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

Osama lived in the West and knew all about Christianity.

In any case, that's only one interpretation of scripture. I am not referring to the unitarian faith model here either -- there are many Christians who believe that the Last Judgement Day is specifically meant to resurrect the unsaved masses who never heard or understood the message to understanding and salvation. This was for instance the position of my former faith.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

mr_poodles123

Both Islam and Christian religions follow the same god. They just have a slightly different way of looking at him.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123

It is possible to find God without the aid of a Christian, I think Moses did so. Anyway that's why many Christians go on missionary work, to spread the word of God.

As for the second part of the question, simply what. Osama knew about Christianity and he depised it and Christ's followers, that wouldn't get you a ticket to heaven.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.mindstorm

Although I'm a Catholic, I can't say I believe this...

The Bible says something along the lines of, Those who Know the instructions and do not do will recieve a greater punishment than those that don't know and don' do...

Those that do without knowing will be rewarded greater aswelll...

So your'e saying that you have to be a christian to go to heaven???

No way man...

Thats harsh; Jesus came to all people, and not just to save those that know him.

Yes, we don't want the world to go to hell, and we do missionary work to bring them to the true faith, but If you live out Gods message, even in another religion, why can't you go to heaven, hmm?

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123

Well he was a Muslim, and they have the same God as Christians and Jews, sooooo.......

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

In any case, that's only one interpretation of scripture. I am not referring to the unitarian faith model here either -- there are many Christians who believe that the Last Judgement Day is specifically meant to resurrect the unsaved masses who never heard or understood the message to understanding and salvation. This was for instance the position of my former faith.

m0zart

Aren't you Jewish? I thought you were Jewish too.

roadwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 roadwish
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts

In my eyes entire christianity is a huge flaw.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

Actually, a funny thing that I debated the other day with my brother was who goes to hell and heaven. My brother did not take my theory very well.

So in all rates, Osama does not go to hell nor heaven; his fate is in God's hands and it is not up to us to decied.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Bad people going to Heaven =/= huge flaw.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

Also of note, those who have heard clearly heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ and have rejected it will possibly receive a more severe punishment than the person who has never heard. The text of Scripture clearly states that people such as myself who wish to teach these things will held accountable for far more than the person who has never heard. For those who are trusted with much, much is expected.mindstorm

By that token, wouldn't spreading Christianity to places with other faiths (the vast majority of the people in the world) actually make things worse for most of those people?

I mean, if the people of some remote nation had led great and moral lives under their own indigenous belief systems, they'd normally probably go to hell for being born in the wrong place (if Christianity turns out to be real). With the intervention of missionaries, they've now got the choice of either abandoning their previous ways of life, or be doomed to an even worse fate for rejecting Christianity...which isn't much of a choice.

As an alternative to that, what if they had a religion which also believed that rejection was worse than ignorance? They've now got an impossible choice between two completely valid religions, the consequences of which are much worse, all because they'd recently been taught all about Christianity.

Alternately, if the Christian God isn't that harsh and doesn't punish people for ignorance, then it would be in missionaries' best interests to never tell anyone about Christianity...since at least then all good people regardless of faith might have a fair shot at going to Heaven. Under this method, once you start spreading the word, good people who believe in their own religions end up paying the price.

LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts
How many religion threads do we need?
Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]No, only a person who places his faith in Jesus Christ will be saved - even those who have never heard the name. That said, why else do you think Christianity seeks to do foreign mission-work? Simply put, we do not wish for the world to go to hell.Fundai

Although I'm a Catholic, I can't say I believe this...

The Bible says something along the lines of, Those who Know the instructions and do not do will recieve a greater punishment than those that don't know and don' do...

Those that do without knowing will be rewarded greater aswelll...

So your'e saying that you have to be a christian to go to heaven???

No way man...

Thats harsh; Jesus came to all people, and not just to save those that know him.

Yes, we don't want the world to go to hell, and we do missionary work to bring them to the true faith, but If you live out Gods message, even in another religion, why can't you go to heaven, hmm?

You can't go to heaven because there is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus, he even said it "Jesus said, 'I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father, except through me'" John 14:6 You can do whatever you want, but if you don't accept Jesus to be your savior, you aren't going to be saved. This makes God sad, he wants everyone to come to heaven. That is why churches go on lots of missions trips and their are many missionaries, so they can spread the word so everyone who chooses to believe will be saved.
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

th3warr1or

Aren't you Jewish? I thought you were Jewish too.

Nah. I mentioned before that the faith I belonged to was a form of Messianic Judaism. That's essentially what it was.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123

quite frankly your first bit about people not knowing God on a personal level leads to the truly big flaw in Christianity. Without knowing God's true thoughts and motives people will misinterpret the only true link they have to God which is the Bible. So that means our whole notion of people not believing in Jesus Christ as the savior will mean they go to Hell just may have been misinterpreted right from the beginning.

xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
I thought this was going to be about something else, a huge flaw in Christianity is a God that talks about forgiveness love your neighbour and all that jazz will condem someone to hell because they don't agree with him.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

everything can be forgiven = the flaw. The pope forgave the man who tried to assassinate him.

Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

everything can be forgiven = the flaw. The pope forgave the man who tried to assassinate him.

wis3boi

I don't understand exactly what you mean. The pope forgave him as a man, not speaking for God. Only God can forgive sins.

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

How many religion threads do we need?LazyMushroom

As many as it takes.

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iskeethunters
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
Religion in 5 secs. You don't believe in God? HELL. You don't go to church? HELL. You like sex? HELL. You smoke/drink? HELL. You swear if you drop something on your foot? HELL. You ask yourself "Why is christianity right and the rest are wrong?" HELL. You believe in science and the questions of "Why?" and "Why not?" HELL. However they say God is forgiving.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

wow that makes god sound like a real ----. so people born on remote islands with no access to christian missionaries for hundreds of years were just s.o.l?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Religion in general has too many flaws

GladlyHandly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GladlyHandly
Member since 2011 • 246 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123
Wow, how is this even allowed in this board? Muslimism believes in God and Hell.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18255 Posts

If Heaven is filled with a bunch of fanatic religious who don't mind in killing thousands of people and putting God as an excuse, then sure, he is in heaven.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 madsnakehhh

Religion in 5 secs. You don't believe in God? HELL. You don't go to church? HELL. You like sex? HELL. You smoke/drink? HELL. You swear if you drop something on your foot? HELL. You ask yourself "Why is christianity right and the rest are wrong?" HELL. You believe in science and the questions of "Why?" and "Why not?" HELL. However they say God is forgiving.iskeethunters

Despite what many people try so hard to convince most religions tell you to be a good man, have a decent life, worship God and you'll be saved.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
To me this tenant has always reeked of obvious fearmongering to scare people into converting.. Definitely one that if I were to become a Christian would not believe in what so ever..
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
After this statement...mods need to lock this up lol. well put mate :)
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
How many religion threads do we need?LazyMushroom
They're never enough.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tenaka2

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"]Religion in 5 secs. You don't believe in God? HELL. You don't go to church? HELL. You like sex? HELL. You smoke/drink? HELL. You swear if you drop something on your foot? HELL. You ask yourself "Why is christianity right and the rest are wrong?" HELL. You believe in science and the questions of "Why?" and "Why not?" HELL. However they say God is forgiving.madsnakehhh

Despite what many people try so hard to convince most religions tell you to be a good man, have a decent life, worship God and you'll be saved.

Which god, there are so many, its wrong to say a specific religion is correct threre are sooo many.

Being a good person does not need religious backing.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123

Christianity is a very broad term. Catholics, for example belive and pray that all "good" people will go to heaven. Not beliving in Jesus Christ isn't a dealbraker.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
it says numerous times in the bible every man will be judged off his works. Bin Laden will be judged, and obviously will go to hell from his works. The millions who weren't reached and never knew about God aren't going to hell, they will be judged like everyone else.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Saying that people who don't know about God automatically go to hell is total BS. You don't think God would understandthat therearepeople who livedgood lives that have a place in heaven but never heard of christianity in places like Papau New Guniea or in theAmazon?Sorry, but I tend to think God realizes this and won't keep good people out of heaven just because they never knew he existed.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tenaka2

it says numerous times in the bible every man will be judged off his works. Bin Laden will be judged, and obviously will go to hell from his works. The millions who weren't reached and never knew about God aren't going to hell, they will be judged like everyone else.mohfrontline

Bin ladens actions were wrong, very wrong and he deserved to die.

However he thought that his god thought he was right in his actions.

Isn't it better to judge people on our values rather then mix everything up with religion?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"]Religion in 5 secs. You don't believe in God? HELL. You don't go to church? HELL. You like sex? HELL. You smoke/drink? HELL. You swear if you drop something on your foot? HELL. You ask yourself "Why is christianity right and the rest are wrong?" HELL. You believe in science and the questions of "Why?" and "Why not?" HELL. However they say God is forgiving.tenaka2

Which god, there are so many, its wrong to say a specific religion is correct threre are sooo many.

Agree, i put worship God because it's what most religions always ask but i don't think is a huge factor at the end of the day, but my point still stands, if you worship Buda and had a decent life, then most likely you will be saved even if God (Catholic God) is the true God, just like a Catholic or an Atheist will receive salvation even if Buda is the true God.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

madsnakehhh

Agree, i put worship God because it's what most religions always ask but i don't think is a huge factor at the end of the day, but my point still stands, if you worship Buda and had a decent life, then most likely you will be saved even if God (Catholic God) is the true God, just like a Catholic or an Atheist will receive salvation even if Buda is the true God.

I agree with you, it doesnt matter if there is an afterlife. What matters is that your a good person. Many good people live in this world who have never hears of the buy-bull, the evil thought that they will suffer because they have never heard the 'word of god' is an aberation.

00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

Ok, so here is my logic:

Fundai

Well he was a Muslim, and they have the same God as Christians and Jews, sooooo.......

:| ... Muslims/Jews Do not worship Jesus...

jak275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jak275
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts
As a so-called muslim, he was most likely taught about God. He just ignored the part about not killing people.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

Ok, so here is my logic:

00-Riddick-00

:| ... Muslims/Jews Do not worship Jesus...

So, Christians worship Jesus or God ?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
He's heard of God though....so that doesn't work.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It hardly seems fair to expect people to believe in some way, some story that only makes moral or holistic 'sense' to some of us.
I can understand that rationality is not always the answer, and that things like morals, intuition, the heart etc. are also of value and can also be followed instead of rationality.

Then again nobody said the truth has to be fair, or that God has to be fair.
Then it is more a throw of the dice, a gamble, though. I thought God didn't like us gambling?