A huge flaw in christianity....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kev_stevens67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501 kev_stevens67
Member since 2010 • 616 Posts

[QUOTE="kev_stevens67"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

Thank you for proving me right. That would be your name in the first post I believe.

Tell me, what happened first: Did I quote you or did you quote me? Thank you.

Yours was the first post, which is where the debate actually started. You made the first comment. Thank you.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#502 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="kev_stevens67"] Tell me, what happened first: Did I quote you or did you quote me? Thank you.kev_stevens67

Yours was the first post, which is where the debate actually started. You made the first comment. Thank you.

I thought you said 'we' started it?
You never made sense since we started this. :| kev_stevens67

Nice backtracking. Not to mention my apparent post was from yesterday. So you targeted a post that wasn't even made today. Good job.

kev_stevens67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503 kev_stevens67

[QUOTE="kev_stevens67"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

I thought you said 'we' started it?
You never made sense since we started this. :| kev_stevens67

Nice backtracking. Not to mention my apparent post was from yesterday. So you targeted a post that wasn't even made today. Good job.

So what? Good job at pointing something meaningless out. Want a medal?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="kev_stevens67"] I thought you said 'we' started it? [QUOTE="kev_stevens67"] You never made sense since we started this. :| kev_stevens67

So what? Good job at pointing something meaningless out. Want a medal?

Going off topic? Nice, i think i can finally exit the thread since theres nothing left to talk about.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#505 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Yes, they do go to hell because they haven't accepted Jesus into their heart. :|
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Yes, they do go to hell because they haven't accepted Jesus into their heart. :|bbkkristian
So you're the fire and brimstone type, huh?
pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

To me Christianity's biggest flaw is how it divides everything into good and evil. Its just that the world is way more complex then good and evil?

If God judges people on their works and not on their faith? Then what about the people who are forced to do "evil" things just to survive? Are they bad because they whats necessary to protect themselves or their family?Or about the people who grew up in a fanatical enviroment, such as tribal Afghanistan, where all they are taught is to spread terror in God's name? Are they bad because all they weren't afforded the oppurtunity to learn the error in thir ways?

I believe in God, I mean someone or something, had to have started it all. But I don't think he can be "described" through books or so-called prophets. I mean if he is so much better than us humans shouldnt he be above human-like emotions like anger. I believe its futile to understand God, instead I think we should actually use our own minds and live our lives how we see best.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#508 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

To me Christianity's biggest flaw is how it divides everything into good and evil. Its just that the world is way more complex then good and evil?

If God judges people on their works and not on their faith? Then what about the people who are forced to do "evil" things just to survive? Are they bad because they whats necessary to protect themselves or their family?Or about the people who grew up in a fanatical enviroment, such as tribal Afghanistan, where all they are taught is to spread terror in God's name? Are they bad because all they weren't afforded the oppurtunity to learn the error in thir ways?

I believe in God, I mean someone or something, had to have started it all. But I don't think he can be "described" through books or so-called prophets. I mean if he is so much better than us humans shouldnt he be above human-like emotions like anger. I believe its futile to understand God, instead I think we should actually use our own minds and live our lives how we see best.

pl4yer_f0und

Who told you that?

Avatar image for deactivated-59913425220eb
deactivated-59913425220eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 deactivated-59913425220eb
Member since 2002 • 1772 Posts
HOLY CRAP! this thread is still going on. it just shows people really want answers, or else these threads would have died away in the first couple pages.
pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts
[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"]

Who told you that?

The Bible?
KeitekeTokage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 KeitekeTokage
Member since 2011 • 770 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"]

pl4yer_f0und

Who told you that?

The Bible?

Last I checked, Christianity wasn't based on works at all. All you have to do is accept Jesus Christ. Are you saying that's not necessary and that you can just be good and get to heaven?

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 KH-mixerX

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

Who told you that?

KeitekeTokage

The Bible?

Last I checked, Christianity wasn't based on works at all. All you have to do is accept Jesus Christ. Are you saying that's not necessary and that you can just be good and get to heaven?

This. The Bible specifically says that you can't get to heaven by your works alone. Salvation is a free gift. As I said before, it isn't bought or earned.

F1ame_Shie1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 F1ame_Shie1d
Member since 2010 • 1389 Posts

[QUOTE="KeitekeTokage"]

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"] The Bible?KH-mixerX

This. The Bible specifically says that you can't get to heaven by your works alone. Salvation is a free gift. As I said before, it isn't bought or earned.

SO now you're telling me that my beliefs are wrong? Aren't you supposed to be taught acceptance? I guess you can only accept people that are part of your religion which, quite frankly, makes you as bad or worse then any racist person out there. Spreading hate based on beliefs is far worse then hating based of steroetypes of different peoples.

By all accounts that should be a one way ticket straight to hell for you. Enjoy burning for all eternity.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 KH-mixerX

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="KeitekeTokage"]

F1ame_Shie1d

SO now you're telling me that my beliefs are wrong? Aren't you supposed to be taught acceptance? I guess you can only accept people that are part of your religion which, quite frankly, makes you as bad or worse then any racist person out there. Spreading hate based on beliefs is far worse then hating based of steroetypes of different peoples.

By all accounts that should be a one way ticket straight to hell for you. Enjoy burning for all eternity.

Umm...all I'm telling you is what is written in the Bible. Nothing more, nothing less. You can believe whatever you want. After all, it's your life.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Christianity has many huge flaws.

fillini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 fillini
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

[QUOTE="gaming25"]The Bible is not fictionalNibroc420
Can you prove this? Or is your "proof" based on faith alone?

Your assertion is very silly. The burden is truely yours, given all the archeological and historic evidence to prove otherwise.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#517 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Yes, they do go to hell because they haven't accepted Jesus into their heart. :|scorch-62
So you're the fire and brimstone type, huh?

Yup. Sad but true. Its not like its difficult or anything.

kev_stevens67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 kev_stevens67

I don't see flaws in Christianity - I just see flaws in people - myself included of course.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#519 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="gaming25"]The Bible is not fictionalfillini

Your assertion is very silly. The burden is truely yours, given all the archeological and historic evidence to prove otherwise.

Y did you bump this back up again :o

Now its gonna be here for another week :(

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

Who told you that?

KeitekeTokage

The Bible?

Works? You are supposed to help out other people. It's in the NT.
kev_stevens67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 kev_stevens67

[QUOTE="KeitekeTokage"]

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"] The Bible?LJS9502_basic

Works? You are supposed to help out other people. It's in the NT.

Yep

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

There are so many scriptures describing both faith and works - it also seems to me that works are very important.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
For the people saying Judaism, Islam, and Christianity have the same god, you are false.
arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#524 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

For the people saying Judaism, Islam, and Christianity have the same god, you are false.imaps3fanboy

Umm, no. That is actually correct.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#525 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="gaming25"]The Bible is not fictionalfillini

How is the burden of proof on Nibroc?

ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#526 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]For the people saying Judaism, Islam, and Christianity have the same god, you are false.arad96

Christians, Muslims, and Jewsdon't believe in the same god. Only Buddhists acknowledge that all religions worship the same god, just under different names.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

[QUOTE="arad96"]

[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]For the people saying Judaism, Islam, and Christianity have the same god, you are false.ROFLCOPTER603

Christians, Muslims, and Jewsdon't believe in the same god. Only Buddhists acknowledge that all religions worship the same god, just under different names.

Um.....it actually is the same God.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#529 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Works? You are supposed to help out other people. It's in the NT.LJS9502_basic
It is also how one must "live like Christ." Accepting Jesus is only the first step... the rest of the path must be full of humility, compassion and charity. -- And it most certainly is the same God. The God of Abraham.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]For the people saying Judaism, Islam, and Christianity have the same god, you are false.arad96

Nope, Christian god is different then the Muslims. The trinity makes up the godhead in which Christians believe, Muslims do not believe in the trinity.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#531 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

mr_poodles123
I hold C.S. Lewis's position on this myself. If someone lives in general obedience of basic natural law, recognizes that good actions are not enough to get them into heaven, and live in general humility and charity, I have a hard time believing God will send them to Hell. I may be wrongly interpreting the Bible, but this is just my personal conviction. This is why I don't think Osama is in Heaven, unless he repented of his ways before the end of his days..
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
Just a curious question if anyone is willing to answer.. where in the bible does it specifically say Jesus is God's son and say to worship him. Also, it is sin to eat pork in Christianity.. why do so many choose to eat pork and say it is allowed?
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 battlefront23
Just a curious question if anyone is willing to answer.. where in the bible does it specifically say Jesus is God's son and say to worship him. Also, it is sin to eat pork in Christianity.. why do so many choose to eat pork and say it is allowed?SPBoss
1) John 3:16 is your fairly straightforward answer. 2) John 14:6, to paraphrase, says that no one can come to God except through Jesus Christ. 3) In the Old Testament, it is not allowed. With Jesus' breaking of Leviticus law through His death, Christians no longer have to follow that law because of that.
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 SPBoss
[QUOTE="SPBoss"]Just a curious question if anyone is willing to answer.. where in the bible does it specifically say Jesus is God's son and say to worship him. Also, it is sin to eat pork in Christianity.. why do so many choose to eat pork and say it is allowed?battlefront23
1) John 3:16 is your fairly straightforward answer. 2) John 14:6, to paraphrase, says that no one can come to God except through Jesus Christ. 3) In the Old Testament, it is not allowed. With Jesus' breaking of Leviticus law through His death, Christians no longer have to follow that law because of that.

Thanks for clearing that up :) This may sound stupid but why is there and old and new testament?
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 battlefront23
[QUOTE="SPBoss"] Thanks for clearing that up :) This may sound stupid but why is there and old and new testament?

Old Testament is basically the story of the Bible pre-Jesus times. The New Testament starts with Jesus' life and the rest of the doctrine afterward is post-Jesus time.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="SPBoss"] Thanks for clearing that up :) This may sound stupid but why is there and old and new testament?

Old Testament is basically the story of the Bible pre-Jesus times. The New Testament starts with Jesus' life and the rest of the doctrine afterward is post-Jesus time.

That makes me think it was man that --thought up-- and wrote the bible...
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 battlefront23
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] That makes me think it was man that --thought up-- and wrote the bible...

Indeed. Hence why I and many other Christians believe the Bible was God-inspired..
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#538 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
When time comes, and god feels like coming down to earth I'll appreciate him and jesus. But until that that time, I am not going to believe anything the bible has written. I don't believe follower nor god created this book. That is what I believe as my opinion. Christianity has many loopholes, but so does evolution. The question is... Where did it all begin in the first place?
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
Wow, considering TC's logic, I would never expect for us to hit 27 pages.
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 SPBoss
The Quran and Bible interest me most out of all religions, i recommend everyone to read them in-depth and in context